PDA

View Full Version : Theed Hanger & Generator Playsets

Log
04-23-2001, 06:22 PM
I just scored this at a local Wal-Mart this morning for 8 bucks! Sure beats 20 or whatever it sold for.

Does anyone else have this playset? I think it's ******, nearly if not in the same vein as the vintage playsets were in terms of playability. We don't have those lameass missle launchers that seem to come with most every playset(anyone know why the Death Star "playset" had missle launchers in the hallway?). I opened it as soon as I got home and it was alot of fun to mess around with. I took some loose EI figs from the shelf and played like I was a kid again http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Anywho, who else has this playset and what do you think of it? I think it's the best playset so far in the new line.

------------------
"I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. When we last met I was but the learner now I am the master"-Darth Vader

cameo
04-24-2001, 04:55 AM
I found my set at WalMart for $5 a year or so ago. I have the deluxe maul,qui-gon, and Obi-Wan set up on it and it looks pretty good.

MacNZsDaD
04-24-2001, 05:26 AM
I got it around Christmas. The first thing I did was take out the handle. it looks pretty nice with some battle droids and Qui-Gon duking it out. It claims it connects to the other theed playset but I have yet to see how.

rmschneider104
04-24-2001, 06:47 AM
I, too, have this playset and think it makes a nice diorama set. Yes, the handle thingy had to go. Mine has several battle droids, destroyers, Battle Amidala, Panaka, and Naboo security going at it.

Wish we had more playsets similar to this.

PodRacer_X
04-24-2001, 07:18 AM
The playset which supposedly connects to the hangar, I forget its official title but it has the walkways where the lightsaber duel was, is in my humble opinion one of the better display environments Hasbro has created. The pack in droid is a big piece of poodoo, but Obi, Quiggy, and Maul look awesome on it in duelling attitudes.

Log
04-24-2001, 04:47 PM
Just for clarification, the playset I'm talking about is not the one with Qui-Gon. I'm talking about the other playset that the one with Qui-Gon connects to.

This isn't the one with the lightsaber handle but rather exploding control panels(I guess that's what they are) and little stands the figures stand on to reenact the jedi duel.

------------------
"I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. When we last met I was but the learner now I am the master"-Darth Vader

rmschneider104
04-25-2001, 12:51 AM
One criticism I did have of this playset was the loose legged Qui Gon that came with it. Kicking action, my butt. Lame-O.

04-26-2001, 12:18 AM
I think the generator playest is awesome too, for the same reasons most people like it, it looks good, and has no stupid missile launchers or other crap that doesn't belong.
Qui Gon and Obi Wan will duel there until th day I die (or put the playset into storage to make room for other toys, whichever comes first)

The hanger on the other hand, has to be one of the worst playests there are. It doesn't fit together very well, the lightsaber handle thing is really bad and the qui gon pack in is the worst figure I've seen.

adawil
05-14-2001, 08:36 PM
I agree Milchcow - the Qui-Gon Jinn sucks (his foot never really fit in to the spinner), the walls don't fit together well and the whole thing looks warped even though it's hardly been played with by my kids. Give me a Jedi Council playset anyday.

05-18-2001, 06:55 PM
Wow, I found this playset at K-mart for $3! last year. It looks cool, but I have not opened it. I just love finding stuff on clearance.

Log
05-18-2001, 07:01 PM
I bought extras of Soft Goods Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon at TRU a couple days ago and the playset looks even better with those figures "dueling" in it.

GAT, ya gotta open this playset. It's awesome.

------------------
"I am a Jedi like my father before me."-Luke Skywalker

05-22-2001, 01:20 PM
Heck it's all good when it's on clearence.Where's those pesky electronic c3po's!

stathis
08-31-2001, 11:31 PM
I now have my entire loose collection placed on Real Stands. Woohoo! I'm proud to seemingly not have lost one single accessory--I think.

The Ep. 1 Theed Generator Complex came with an exclusive battle droid. Did this BD come with a backpack? My loose one just has a
hexagonal hole in its back where a backpack can go. I looked at the sirstevesguide figure guide (this BD wasn't pictured here at collectstarwars) and it shows it *with* a backpack. However, when I pulled my sealed Complex out, no backpack is visible on the BD through the box window. It could have been packed separately inside, but I don't remember. Can someone help me???

BTW, don't mix up this BD with the one that came with the Theed HANGAR. That's the break-apart one that came with a Qui-Gon. I have no problems there.

Thanks in advance!

Super_Hot_Bacon
09-02-2001, 09:19 PM
Nope, no backpack. Not on mine anyway.

stathis
09-03-2001, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the help, Bacon.

09-12-2001, 04:19 PM
mine didn't have a back pack either.

stathis
09-16-2001, 06:58 PM
Thanks for your info too, Senator.

radfury
02-24-2003, 02:19 PM
ok, I was putting more droids into my hangar playset yesterday and was looking on the side of it where the door is. if you look right below the bridge on the right outer side you will notice that there is a little hook of some sort. it looks like a ladder piece would go there. what was this for? o and one more thing, are they ever going to make a final room to connect with this playset where darth maul fell into the big hole and qui-gonn was killed? probably not, but they should. images/icons/tongue.gif

JoshEEE
02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
The theed hangar connects with the Theed Generator. Is that the hook you're talking about?

naboo_pilot
02-24-2003, 09:55 PM
I agree with JoshEEE,
If I remember correctly thats the device to connect the two playsets. The Theed generator playset is awesome.

JoshEEE
02-25-2003, 01:07 AM
I especially dig the whole ramp thing. You know...if it had the background, it would basically be where the final Jedi Duel took place.

radfury
02-25-2003, 09:59 AM
no, thats not the hook i am talking about. i know that they both connect, i have them both. but what i am talking about is if you look on the side of the playset (its the same side as the other half of the playset connects) up in the top right hand corner there is a molded looking ladder. the ladder is a bit short and it has a hook of some sort and it looks like something else is meant to hang from it or something. any help? do you guys see it,wish i had a digital camera so that i could post a pic for you to see. images/icons/frown.gif

JoshEEE
02-25-2003, 02:58 PM
I wish you had a digital camera too, because I have the thing and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Solution: Go to the photo archives....look at the pictures, and tell us just where to look.

http://www.rebelscum.com/EP1playsets.asp

Kris
02-25-2003, 05:05 PM
is it loose ?

maybe it is to hook up with N-1's ? images/icons/grin.gif

radfury
02-25-2003, 05:07 PM
doesnt show in the archives. images/icons/frown.gif ok let me explain it this way. when you are looking at your playset from the front view look on the (outside) right side of the playset. then look in the upper right hand corner and you will see the mold of half a ladder. at the end of that little section there is a hook looking thing that sticks out and that is what i am talking about. do you see it now?

Jedi_Idej
02-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Darn. I hated this playset so much that I let the pieces get scattered. Now I can't check it out for you.

Do you have the 2nd piece of brige that extends across the playset? Could it be the "hook" is where that other piece latches onto?

02-25-2003, 10:20 PM
I see it. It looks lik another spot you can hook the generator set to. Instead of hooking it at the door, you can hook it at the base of that ladder so the walkway is extended.
Good eye! I would never have noticed it.

radfury
02-26-2003, 11:53 AM
so someone else does see it! good! i dunno about hooking it onto the generator's half of the playset but its a good theory of what its for. i wonder what it was intended for and i wonder if we will ever get a third half of the playset so that we can have a scene for a final dual with maul and qui-gonn images/icons/tongue.gif !

thatbigfathutt
03-04-2003, 08:11 PM
perhaps there was a third playset meant to be made but the EP1 line was cut short

heybtbm
03-19-2003, 07:29 PM
I received the Theed Hanger playset today and was wondering what the difference is between this Battle Droid and the one that comes with the Theed Generator (which I don't have).

Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron.

Neal
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
The Theed Generator Battle Droid is in one piece, and his legs are sort of posed in a walking/beginning to run position.
The Theed Hangar Battle droid is in more of a static position, and the figure splits in half at the torso.

Here's the Battle Droid from the Generator:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ep1/EP1generatordroidfr.jpg

And here's the Battle Droid from the Hangar:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ep1/EP1hangardroidbk.jpg

Hope this helps you out! images/icons/grin.gif

dustrho
03-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Gotta love those Battle Droids.

GNT
03-20-2003, 03:41 AM
"Roger Roger" Couldn't resist images/icons/wink.gif

Kris
03-20-2003, 03:52 AM
another post bye GNT ...

droids are cooool !!!

radfury
03-24-2003, 12:37 PM
i know right!? can never get to many of those bad boys or droids should i say.... images/icons/tongue.gif

Wokling
03-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi, this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I collect one of each figure loose and was wondering if the battle droids that came with the Theed hangar and generator playsets were both the same. The one I have splits in 2 and is joined at the waist by a magnet. I'm not sure which playset it came from.
Also (and I know this is POTF2 related, but I don't want to create a bunch of topics)are the Han Solo figures from the CD-ROM Game/Playset and Han from the electronic Falcon both the same?
Thanks for your help!

Stormie
03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
The Battle Droids are, indeed, different. One you describe (splits apart) is from the Theed Hangar Playset. The Battle Droid from the Theed Generator Complex does not split apart and the gun is molded into the hand.

As far as the Han Solo, I'm uncertain what the Electronic Millennium Falcon Han Solo is (maybe you are mean the Gunner Station?). The POTF2 Millennium Falcon (as far as I believe) did not come with a figure. The CDROM playset Han is quite different from other Hans, as it has gloves, articulated knees and a headset molded to the head/face.

Also, a great photo reference for the different figures exists here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/archives.asp

This might help you even further. Hope this all helps! images/icons/smile.gif

Wokling
03-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your help. I don't know why I was so sure the Falcon came with a Han pack-in, thats one less figure on my list images/icons/smile.gif Also the other battle droid sounds the same as the one that came in the Ep1 2-packs, and since i have one of those I don't really need another one.

Real_Scooby
03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
The BD from the 2 packs, are they in a "stepping" pose. The one that came with the Generator has the legs fixed in some kind of walking pose.

Lord_Bobster
03-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Wokling, Welcome Aboard!

As for your questions, I have no answer.

But never feel bad to start a thread or any post. You'll be pleasently surprised all the information that can come up!

Feel free to drop anyone a line. We're all in this together! images/icons/grin.gif

GNT
03-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Wokling:
Thanks for your help. I don't know why I was so sure the Falcon came with a Han pack-in, thats one less figure on my list images/icons/smile.gif Also the other battle droid sounds the same as the one that came in the Ep1 2-packs, and since i have one of those I don't really need another one. <font size="2" face="arial">Hey Wokling, you might be thinking of the Millennium Falcon CD-Rom game as seen below:
http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2cdfalcon_small.jpg (http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2cdfalcon.jpg) http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2cdhan-f_small.jpg (http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2cdhan-f.jpg) http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2cdhan-b_small.jpg (http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2/POTF2cdhan-b.jpg)
Click To Enlarge

The CD-Rom Han Solo figure is abit different to the Gunner Station version since the figure now has a knee joint on both legs (and abit less buff looking) which the gunner station version doesn't have but other then that they are roughly the same.

-GNT

Wokling
03-05-2004, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the welcome!
I must've been thinking of the gunner station Han cos they do look similar.
To a previous question the bonus pack battle droid is in a stepping pose with a non-removable gun. I've looked at the archives here and the only difference from the Theed generator droid I can see is that the bonus droid has no detailing whatsoever whereas the Theed droid has some markings. Basically the same though.

carth_onasi
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
The best bet would to be to get someone who's got both to check them out...it does look as if the Theed one is simply the Generator one with a magnet in the middle...

Killer185
04-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Yep totally different checked it out online.

codemaker
04-13-2004, 01:16 PM
My Theed playset did not come with a Battle Droid.

tauntaunweequay
05-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Are these lacking in a lot of ways in comparison to the standard carded versions? Someone got full cases off 200 of these and was considering it, but didnt wanna buy 200 crappy ones http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drizzit
05-06-2005, 07:50 AM
I think these are the ones that are stiff and have no articulation, except maybe arms.

Yub_Yub
05-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Didn't these Battle Droids break apart also? I seem to remember that using the remote handle on the Hanger Playset you could cause the Qui-Gon which also came with it to chop apart the droid as a "kid friendly" play feature.

SnTrooper
05-07-2005, 06:18 PM
They aren't very good. They have no articulation except the head witch pops off very easily, they come apart at the waist (like the one that came with the E2 Deluxe Mace), and they have a removable backpack and blaster.

Michael_Knight
05-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Yeah, they lack so much that when I got them I looked and said "HMMM" and then pitched them somewhere.

Stormtrooper3133
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I never bought either playset but i am thinking about buying the Theed hanger one to go along with my Royal Starship. Is it any good? The hanger if I remember correctly was the better of the two playsets.

Neal
05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
In all honesty, I think that they're both terrible. I can see wanting to get the hanger to go with the ship, but I wouldn't pay too much for it.

KidVid
05-28-2009, 06:28 AM
The Hanger is terribly flimsy and has action features galore. If it were more sturdy and had less moving parts it would make for a fine diorama. From the catwalk to the blow apart damage it's just a piece of crap.

The only good thing about it is the opening/sliding hanger doors.

Michael_Knight
05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
The Theed Generator was the best and the Hangar was flimsy. Since I bought them back in '99 I have customized them to be sturdier and filled in the base of the Hangar.

doc46
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
The Theed Generator was the best and the Hangar was flimsy. Since I bought them back in '99 I have customized them to be sturdier and filled in the base of the Hangar.

Could you post some pics of the improvements you made?

DiFabio111
06-08-2009, 12:53 AM
The Hanger is terribly flimsy and has action features galore. If it were more sturdy and had less moving parts it would make for a fine diorama. From the catwalk to the blow apart damage it's just a piece of crap.

The only good thing about it is the opening/sliding hanger doors.

I agree Kid it was kind of flimsy.

r1bb1t
06-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Bought 2 of each,when they hit clearance,and did some connecting to make larger playsets.
Pretty happy about em.