PDA

View Full Version : Trade Federation Tank

phreaky_d
04-17-2001, 09:05 AM
Once you assemble the Tank, is it possible to put it back in the box, or is it too big? Thanks! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/cool.gif

------------------
Florida Gator fan's response to an FSU Seminole's comment about Gainesville: "Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is!"

04-17-2001, 11:35 AM
I had mine assembled and displayed on a shelf for awhile, but then decided to box it up again and store it in a closet. I had to unassemble some of the parts in order to do that. It's too big to fit inside the box if assembled.

phreaky_d
04-18-2001, 08:50 AM
Hey Shabby! Is it relatively easy to unassemble the Tank without running the risk of breaking it? I tried unassembling my Naboo Fighter to put back in the box, but I had to give up cuz I swore I was going to break it. Those engine pods are impossible to get off! Is the Tank any easier? Later! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/cool.gif

------------------
Florida Gator fan's response to an FSU Seminole's comment about Gainesville: "Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is!"

04-18-2001, 09:26 AM
As I recall, there were certain parts that couldn't be unassembled once you put them together, but I was able to take enough of it apart so that it could fit inside the box. The problem is that once you've put this thing together and then want to put it back in the box, there's no way you're going to be able to take it fully apart so you can put it in that cardboard holder thing inside the box. I just went ahead and threw that away so that the box is completely empty and the tank can easily be put inside.

04-20-2001, 02:42 PM
I thought the same thing about my Naboo fighter, but I wanted teh engine pods off. Just keep pulling and they pop off. The taill also, but the joint gets loose after you do it.

Membraneman
04-20-2001, 06:50 PM
I've takin it apart with no problems at all.
You just have to be careful doing it..

------------------
Membraneman..(Bob Newton)
BHC Forum Moderator:
Feedback,Trading, Look what I found and Reporter for Canadian News

membraneman@collectstawars.com

phreaky_d
04-23-2001, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys, I sure appreciate the help!

------------------

Darth_ball
12-14-2002, 04:02 PM
Since when did this rubbish become ultra rare? And command bids from idiots that range from $50-60 dollars. I remember this thing was on sale for $6.99 last year at TRU.

naboo_pilot
12-15-2002, 08:56 AM
I only saw it once about two years ago. It never lasted in any shops long enough for me to spy it again. I do a lot of SW shopping and it was truly rare indeed. Also I'd have to say that its a cool vehicle. There is decent play value and can hold or transport several figures. IMHO

12-15-2002, 10:18 AM
I can see what you mean on the high prices it's getting on eBay... but this is a pretty nice piece, and it was hard to find in many areas.

It's actually being re-released for Ep2 next year, so for any "loosies" that is a God send... for the variation collectors I'd say grab one now.

Darth_ball
12-15-2002, 03:47 PM
I seen these things all the time, and all the did was collect dust, they were also still shipping about a year ago when TRU got that last glut of EP1 junk.

The queens royal starship is far more better, than this, besides you get the red r2.

I just can't believe the idiots that suddenly have to have these tanks and pay $60 for them.

naboo_pilot
12-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Darth ball,
Don't worry about it. If they want to buy it, its their business. If they couldn't find it but really wanted it, who can say that they're idiots for buying it? Have you ever paid extra for something that you really wanted?

Darth_ball
12-16-2002, 12:58 AM
Uh no. Because i go to the store and pay retail for the item. Unlike many who wait for months until the item is marked down buy 85%.

When the EP1 figures went on sale for $2.99 i got them, yet many others had to wait til they hit $1.99, and guess what the scalpers got them all, so now they have to deal with ebay.

Darth_ball
12-16-2002, 01:00 AM
And anyone who wanted one could get one, these were everywhere, and when they were on sale for $12.99 still no one bought them.

12-16-2002, 01:05 AM
Again these may have been everywhere where you are but I think many others weren't as lucky. I saw these at TRU only as far as retail is concerned. They didn't sit all that long from what I can remember.

The only other place I saw these was at the Hasbro employee store, and that you can't really count since you needed either a pass or been an employee to get into.

I think by now we can at the very least agree Hasbro's distribuion is not quite normal.

JoshEEE
12-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Darth Ball...

Within 20-30 minutes of my house, there are 5 Toys R Us stores. I only saw this tank at one (maybe 2) of them...and that was only after it was on clearance. It was there for a relatively short time and then gone forever.

I never saw it at any other retailer. And I NEVER saw it when it was first released.

I only got one....but believe me, if I could go back and by 2 more for 6.99 each....my Naboo diorama would be looking a whole lot sweeter these days.

The people who bought them on Ebay for 60 bucks aren't morons...just late bloomers, or victims of a rural market probably.

Beedo
12-16-2002, 06:13 PM
We never had them in our area of England. Hell, they're still only selling the same first 11 AOTC figures from April. Oh, and one of the local stores got in a brand-new item: 12" POTF2 Tusken Raiders. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

TK_842
12-16-2002, 06:41 PM
Definitely one rerelease i'll get. At least if i get the chance to score one. One thing would make that tank better: A Pilot Battle Droïd.

JoshEEE
12-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Did they have pilot droids in the movie?
Better yet...does anyone have a still picture of this BEING in Episode II? I never saw it.

How about just a red battle droid?

I'd buy a few for my Naboo setup, and maybe even one for Episode II dioramas.

Ob_1
12-16-2002, 07:53 PM
Like most Ep 1 items released "later" in the line I never saw them at the stores, I didn't even know about them.

I want to know where this mystical land is that had these items on clearance. Is it anywhere near fantasy land.

tk421_1_2
12-17-2002, 01:32 AM
darth ball, never seen this in my area either so i had to get one from a scalper. so you think i'm an idiot huh?

Darth_ball
12-17-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by tk421 1/2:
darth ball, never seen this in my area either so i had to get one from a scalper. so you think i'm an idiot huh?<font size="2" face="arial">Well it depends, did you buy it about 1 1/2 year ago when they were all over ebay for $12-$20 or did you get one now for $60?

Darth_ball
12-17-2002, 02:54 AM
I'm telling you these things collected dust for several years, along with Jar-jar w/ kaddu, Qui-gon & oope, naboo landspeeder, the royal starship, etc. Everyone just wanted the cheap figures, and to make things worse it didn't even come with a figure.

Lol a little while back i tried trading one of these tanks for Sio bibble, but the guy wanted more because the tank was on sale now.

The_Real_Jon
12-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Did you get raped by some guy hoarding figures in the toy aisle as a kid or something?

Seriously, 75% of your posts are complaining about how scalpers this, scalpers that. If you hate them so much then get out of the hobby because they arent going anywhere.

Darth_ball
12-17-2002, 06:50 PM
I just think that the people who sell these and have buy it now for $50, should be reminded once in a while that they are not collecters, they are scalping scumbags, and are lower than a dog. And the people that pay these prices are morons.

The_Real_Jon
12-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Thats what places like this are for. In the past year I have seen half a dozen POTF2 Y-Wings on sale in classified for like 25 bucks each. And I bought a Trade Federation Tank here for 20 bucks shipped a little while back as well.

Though I understand people want to spend more for somethign to get it faster. Ebay helps those people do that. Plus some people have a hell of a lot of money to waste.

Jedi_Idej
12-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth ball:
I'm telling you these things collected dust for several years <font size="2" face="arial">It may have collected dust where you are, but how come you're having a hard time believing those who said their area barely sniffed this?

I saw these at 4 TRU, 1 of them with large quantities only several months after the initial sightings across the US, another with sporadic and a small inventory. I recall seeing them only twice at a 3rd and once at the 4th. I never saw them at a 5th store that I go to often.

And you're not taking into account that those buying them on eBay now may be new to SW or collecting vehicles.

daftmaul
12-22-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Beedo:
We never had them in our area of England. Hell, they're still only selling the same first 11 AOTC figures from April. Oh, and one of the local stores got in a brand-new item: 12" POTF2 Tusken Raiders. images/icons/rolleyes.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Hello Beedo, yeah I've seen those in that small Toy Shop next to Bar Med! Good to know of someone local who's on RS.

I, like many here, have to rely on eBay to help build my collection.

Happy Christmas, if you have this where you are too???!!! images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/tongue.gif

Jules.

[ 12-22-2002, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Julian Cavendish ]

Dressel_Rebel
12-22-2002, 10:03 AM
I go to multiple TRUs in my area 3 times per week for the last 6 years and never saw this Federation Tank at retail. I live in the NY/NJ area. Tons of people never saw this vehicle at retail. I wound up paying $35 for it during the two days I saw it available on kbkids.com

Darth Ball needs to remember that tons of collectors have never seen this item at retail even if they've been collecting since '95. This item was ultra rare in the NY/NJ area that I live in. I would pay $50 for it now, before the news came out of the EII repack that is.

So am I an "idiot" and a "moron" too? I'm a Cornell graduate who is an a profession now where, let's just say, if I'm such an idiot I may forget to administer your novacaine during your next root canal. Open wide Darth Ball!!

Balki
12-22-2002, 10:35 PM
I never saw it. I didn't buy it on ebay either. What will the Darth call me?

Seriously, if you're going to get P.O.ed about what other people pay for their stuff, you're in the wrong hobby. Everything's out of whack here.
Were you outbid too many times for one or something?

Tyler_Pugmire
12-23-2002, 12:17 AM
Darth Ball is one of the poor unfortunate souls who does not understand supply and demand. He believes that anyone who sells a TF Vader for more than they paid for it is a scalper and should be drug into the street and shot. Be careful when dealing with him, as he has been known to snap necks like a roll of quarters or somesuch nonsense... I've gone several rounds with him over the TF Vader thing, and finally gave up in desperation. Dealing with him is exasperating, you will never convice him that he is wrong, don't even try.
-Ty-

MetalJedi
12-23-2002, 03:17 AM
I saw the Trade Tank ONCE at the tale end of the EP1 line, there were only two of them when I saw it. I picked one up and another picked the other up. I've always wanted another. I just hope the do repackage it for the Saga line.

Darth_ball
12-23-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Dressel Rebel:
I go to multiple TRUs in my area 3 times per week for the last 6 years and never saw this Federation Tank at retail. I live in the NY/NJ area. Tons of people never saw this vehicle at retail. I wound up paying $35 for it during the two days I saw it available on kbkids.com

Darth Ball needs to remember that tons of collectors have never seen this item at retail even if they've been collecting since '95. This item was ultra rare in the NY/NJ area that I live in. I would pay $50 for it now, before the news came out of the EII repack that is.

So am I an "idiot" and a "moron" too? I'm a Cornell graduate who is an a profession now where, let's just say, if I'm such an idiot I may forget to administer your novacaine during your next root canal. Open wide Darth Ball!!<font size="2" face="arial">There are people selling it in the forums here for $30.00

BTW i never use novacaine, don't need it.

Darth_ball
12-23-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
Darth Ball is one of the poor unfortunate souls who does not understand supply and demand. He believes that anyone who sells a TF Vader for more than they paid for it is a scalper and should be drug into the street and shot. Be careful when dealing with him, as he has been known to snap necks like a roll of quarters or somesuch nonsense... I've gone several rounds with him over the TF Vader thing, and finally gave up in desperation. Dealing with him is exasperating, you will never convice him that he is wrong, don't even try.
-Ty-<font size="2" face="arial">In about three years when there is no more starwars films, people will be dumping starwars toys like Cabbish patch kids, i'll be paying pennys on the dollar for that ultra rare stuff. images/icons/cool.gif So take you S&D and shove it.

BTW i may be one of the only few honest traders on the board.

MetalJedi
12-23-2002, 05:52 AM
images/icons/rolleyes.gif

12-23-2002, 06:49 AM
I never saw the TF tank at retail. I really want one tho. images/icons/frown.gif

images/icons/smile.gif

Dressel_Rebel
12-23-2002, 11:53 AM
No problem MICSN, Darth Ball has offered to let his go for the 6.99 he paid in the land where tanks roam free...

Tyler_Pugmire
12-23-2002, 04:23 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
-Ty-<font size="2" face="arial">In about three years when there is no more starwars films, people will be dumping starwars toys like Cabbish patch kids, i'll be paying pennys on the dollar for that ultra rare stuff. images/icons/cool.gif So take you S&D and shove it.

BTW i may be one of the only few honest traders on the board.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">See what I mean...?
-Ty-

JoshEEE
12-23-2002, 04:40 PM
Darth Ball,

I DEFINITELY agree with you that Star Wars toys should not be purchased as investments. People that do this are morons. They don't realize that while this may have been a great idea 20 years ago, it doesn't work today...because SO many people are doing it. It's like buying stock when it's at an all time high. Stupid.

But I think you must concede that there have been some toys produced in smaller quantities, and because the collecting community is SO large (and growing with every movie release).....that handful of figures will inevitably go up in value.

The reason Vintage figures are worth so much is because there are not too many of them left, but still lots of collectors that want them.

I know there are people today that think they can buy 6 Ephant Mons and retire off of their sale 10 years from now, and those people are retarded.....but to think that ALL figures are going to be available for pennies on the dollar in the future is also naive.

While many no doubtedly will go down in value (you can buy almost all orange carded figures from the 90's for pennies these days)...there will also always be those low production runs like Toy Fair Vader, Sacul....FF Weequay (etc) that many collectors will want and few will own.

Supply, and Demand.

naboo_pilot
12-23-2002, 05:14 PM
If anybody has an extra TC-14 for sale I'll pay $4.99 for it. Not a penny more! I couldn't find one at retail so therefore I DEMAND that someone sell one to me at retail price!...What a heap of rubbish. Hey Darth ball get real!

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
12-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Darth Ball,
No offense, but you should get out a little more. I lived in Phoenix whem these hit the shelves and I got to see just about everything when it came out. But I only saw the tank once. Fortunate for me I bought one when I saw it. I never saw it again. I guess your town got about 99% of all that were made. I remember when everyone was having trouble finding the POTJ Tie Bombers and Snow Speeders. I just happened to walk into a Walmart in a smaller town and they had TONS of them. It's ridiculous to call someon an idiot for paying more than retail for the tank. Some people would consider it idiotic to collect star wars at all.

Darth_ball
12-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Clown Full of Hate:
Darth Ball,
No offense, but you should get out a little more. I lived in Phoenix whem these hit the shelves and I got to see just about everything when it came out. But I only saw the tank once. Fortunate for me I bought one when I saw it. I never saw it again. I guess your town got about 99% of all that were made. I remember when everyone was having trouble finding the POTJ Tie Bombers and Snow Speeders. I just happened to walk into a Walmart in a smaller town and they had TONS of them. It's ridiculous to call someon an idiot for paying more than retail for the tank. Some people would consider it idiotic to collect star wars at all.<font size="2" face="arial">I wouldn't call it smart to pay $60 for one of these tanks.

See thats the thing you go in one town and the item is warming the pegs, go to another city and the item is ultra rare. Blame Hasbro for their crappy distribution. Don't think for one second that it is rare because some jack off on ebay says it is, when they are selling a bunch of them and have a stash in their parents basement.

I would like to see the numbers on this tank to see how rare it is. Any sites that show production numbers?

Darth_ball
12-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by naboo pilot:
If anybody has an extra TC-14 for sale I'll pay $4.99 for it. Not a penny more! I couldn't find one at retail so therefore I DEMAND that someone sell one to me at retail price!...What a heap of rubbish. Hey Darth ball get real!<font size="2" face="arial">I know the TRU that had a bunch of them. Some scalper returned them, because he couldn't sell them above retail on ebay.

daftmaul
12-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by naboo pilot:
If anybody has an extra TC-14 for sale I'll pay $4.99 for it. Not a penny more! I couldn't find one at retail so therefore I DEMAND that someone sell one to me at retail price!...What a heap of rubbish. Hey Darth ball get real!<font size="2" face="arial">I still have a spare C9+ TC14. I tried to sell it on eBay, but so far the seller has not paid and I have just got fed up. images/icons/confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=1790690582&rd=1

Naboo Pilot. Email me. Many thanks, Jules.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=1790690582&rd=1

[ 12-23-2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Julian Cavendish ]

Dressel_Rebel
12-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Darth Ball-

Dude, just let it go! You just heard from all 20 people that wrote in on this topic that this tank could not be found at retail, most were LUCKY to see it ONE TIME. Okay? What are you arguing about? You are the ONLY PERSON to have seen this things on clearance racks. People wanted it, they had no choice but to pay the current collector market price. Nobody could pay retail, or clearance, as in your case. Give it up already, admit you were wrong, and get on with your life. Nobody here could find it. Sheesh.

Darth_ball
12-24-2002, 12:11 AM
Darth Ball-

Dude, just let it go! You just heard from all 20 people that wrote in on this topic that this tank could not be found at retail, most were LUCKY to see it ONE TIME. Okay? What are you arguing about? You are the ONLY PERSON to have seen this things on clearance racks. People wanted it, they had no choice but to pay the current collector market price. Nobody could pay retail, or clearance, as in your case. Give it up already, admit you were wrong, and get on with your life. Nobody here could find it. Sheesh.<font size="2" face="arial">What am i arguing about? Its people like you that keep bumping this topic, by saying its ultra rare, it was never at retail, its a great investment, and so on.

Why the hell do people have to pay current market price? They had four years to find one, they had them on the fanclub, and most E-stores, and they were even under twenty dollars on ebay for well over a year. Its just now you have a bunch of greedy people who suddenly need to have one because its selling for $60 on ebay. And its a crappy investment because in three years time it will sell for half that.

Nobody could find it huh? Where did they all go then? Let me guess out the back door of TRU and right to ebay. What you are saying is there is no choice but ebay. So let me ask this, do you sell starwars toys ebay?

[ 12-23-2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Darth ball ]

Dressel_Rebel
12-24-2002, 12:20 AM
Okay somebody here must have had a bad experience on ebay or something. I do not think it's rare. But I do think that it is hard to find. There's a difference. There are not even that many available on ebay, maybe 6 or so at any given time. Nobody I know thinks it's a good investment. But we want these tanks for our collections and dioramas. If you don't like the price of the tanks on ebay, don't buy it. Don't call people names like "idiot" and "moron", because it's not nice. If it weren't for ebay or the 1 time I saw the one I got on kbkids.com I would never have gotten the one tank I have. Few people check TRU, Target, WalMart, KB, and KMart more often than me, and let me tell you, these things were never found in NY/NJ, everyone else told you that too. So I really can't see how you think it's so unbelievable that people will drop a $50 spot for one. All other avenues of purchase were cut off. I'm glad they were on clearance for $6 and change where you live, but you got extremely lucky with that. This is a truly hard to find item nationally.

daftmaul
12-24-2002, 06:02 AM
Since when did this rubbish become ultra rare? And command bids from idiots that range from $50-60 dollars. I remember this thing was on sale for $6.99 last year at TRU.<font size="2" face="arial">Well put D.R.

D.B. point lost.

These items are still desirable, maybe more so when the EP2 Trade Federation Tank is released.

I know it is incredible but some newcomers to EP1 collecting are still finding it hard to get this item at the $6.99 mark. images/icons/grin.gif

But if you want, we can always have a vote on this, just for fun? images/icons/smile.gif

In the long run you will probably be right, I can't see these items being an investment, as you say once the films are history. Who knows?

I like this ultra rare rubbish. For the record I paid 44.90 Euros (just over $46.00) from a German store. See English/EP1/Vehicles.

http://www.toy-palace.com/

[ 12-24-2002, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Julian Cavendish ]

MetalJedi
12-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Is this item ultra rare? Can I go to any store I choose and find it on the shelf? Hmmm seems to be a yes and no question. images/icons/grin.gif

Tyler_Pugmire
12-26-2002, 01:35 AM
Sigh... I warned you guys...
-Ty-

Dressel_Rebel
12-26-2002, 02:09 PM
I never saw this item on a store shelf in Target, TRU, KMart, KB or Walmart in New York, New Jersey, or Massachusetts. I make toy runs a bare minimum of three times per week since 1995. I got one tank at KBkids.com a couple of years back, and only saw it on their web page for 2 days. I paid $34.99 plus shipping and would have paid more than that.

Darth_ball
12-27-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by metaljedi:
Is this item ultra rare? Can I go to any store I choose and find it on the shelf? Hmmm seems to be a yes and no question. images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">You know i can't seem to find trade federation droid fighters anywhere, they must be ultra rare also, hmm same gos for Kaddu w/ jar-jar and qui-gon w/oope.

Maybe i'll stick these on ebay and make some fat cash.

12-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Darth ball- Do you have anything else to say worthwhile besides you think scalping sucks like I think 99% of us think anyway.

Regardless of scalping that you seem to despise... People weren't as lucky as you I guess. So because of that these people are "idiots, "morons".... Read what I just said again... How the f- does that sound?

I mean at least post something of substance...

Dressel_Rebel
12-27-2002, 12:36 AM
It's obvious that Darth Ball doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm starting to doubt he ever saw these Trade Federation tanks on clearance for 6.99 anyway, since he'd be the only person who has. If he read any of the posts here he'd see that he'd be the only person in 50 states to have found these at retail more than one day, and forget about the clearance racks. Heck there's never even more than 6 of these things on ebay at any one time WORLDWIDE. I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and call DARTH BALL a LIAR and a pain in the parts, because that's exactly what he is. And I'm just going to ignore him from now on.

Darth_ball
12-27-2002, 12:44 AM
It's obvious that Darth Ball doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm starting to doubt he ever saw these Trade Federation tanks on clearance for 6.99 anyway, since he'd be the only person who has. If he read any of the posts here he'd see that he'd be the only person in 50 states to have found these at retail more than one day, and forget about the clearance racks. Heck there's never even more than 6 of these things on ebay at any one time WORLDWIDE. I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and call DARTH BALL a LIAR and a pain in the parts, because that's exactly what he is. And I'm just going to ignore him from now on.<font size="2" face="arial">Haha i wish i had a pic of those tanks sitting there with the red tag below them.

Look how all you people get worked up over some scalped toy, how silly you are.

Don't you remember how Hasbro works? They send one toy to one part of the country and others to another part.

BTW i also seen REE-YEEs and the Death star trooper at Walmart, you going to call me a liar again?

Darth_ball
12-27-2002, 12:48 AM
BTW for you people who keep saying that you would like another one, someone on these forums is selling one for $38, BTW its mint in box. Or is the factory sealed box what you people really want? images/icons/grin.gif

Dressel_Rebel
12-27-2002, 12:55 AM
Current count of Hasbro Trade Federation Tanks available WORLDWIDE on ebay for purchase:

Darth_ball
12-27-2002, 01:37 AM
Current count of EP1 junk on ebay.

Trade Federation droid fighters 10
kaadu and jar jar binks 4
gungan assault cannon with jar jar binks 2
sith speeder and darth maul 3
episode 1 c-3po 4

MetalJedi
12-27-2002, 02:16 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by metaljedi:
Is this item ultra rare? Can I go to any store I choose and find it on the shelf? Hmmm seems to be a yes and no question. images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">You know i can't seem to find trade federation droid fighters anywhere, they must be ultra rare also, hmm same gos for Kaddu w/ jar-jar and qui-gon w/oope.

Maybe i'll stick these on ebay and make some fat cash.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">images/icons/rolleyes.gif Maybe you should call yourself Darth Cynical.

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
12-28-2002, 09:28 AM
Or Dumb Ball.

Darth_ball
12-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Or Dumb Ball.<font size="2" face="arial">Dumb because i will not buy into the scalper hype and pay $60 for a toy.

MetalJedi
12-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Scalper hype...what is that exactly?

Aybara
12-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Never saw it at retail. Hell, that goes for a lot of stuff up here in Canada images/icons/smile.gif I was fortunate enough to pick one up from someone here for 15 bucks though. Fair price.

Dressel_Rebel
12-29-2002, 12:11 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Clown Full of Hate:
Or Dumb Ball.<font size="2" face="arial">Dumb because i will not buy into the scalper hype and pay $60 for a toy.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">No, "dumb" because you clearly have not been able to understand that every single other collector, except for yourself evidently, couldn't find these at retail on clearance or even at regular price. They have no other way to get this so are willing to drop a $50 spot for one, myself included. But for no reason, moreover, you felt it was your place to extrapolate this buying situation for a toy to our overall intelligence and label us "morons" and "idiots". And you're rude to boot. That's why.

Darth_ball
12-29-2002, 06:04 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Darth ball:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Clown Full of Hate:
Or Dumb Ball.<font size="2" face="arial">Dumb because i will not buy into the scalper hype and pay $60 for a toy.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">No, "dumb" because you clearly have not been able to understand that every single other collector, except for yourself evidently, couldn't find these at retail on clearance or even at regular price. They have no other way to get this so are willing to drop a $50 spot for one, myself included. But for no reason, moreover, you felt it was your place to extrapolate this buying situation for a toy to our overall intelligence and label us "morons" and "idiots". And you're rude to boot. That's why.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">So how did everyone one selling one on ebay, here, or scalping shops get one, if they were never at retail?

I don't see Ephant mon around, guess he never hit retail

Since you are so willing to drop $50 for one, then why are you not buying any of the ones for sale in the forums here?

You i suspect as many others are just looking to make cash on starwars toys, now or a few years down the road. You would be no different than those scumbags making a living on ebay, going to garage sales, and selling the stuff the next day. Much like the scalper in Toystory2.

Rude! You have been rude since you stepped in this topic.

[ 12-29-2002, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Darth ball ]

Darth_ball
12-29-2002, 06:11 AM
Scalper hype...what is that exactly?<font size="2" face="arial">Ephant mon, duros, commtech stormtrooper, leia holo r2.

You know when scalpers post on sites like this, saying how rare these figures are, or how they are not in retail, or saying how much they are going for on ebay. While they are hoarding these figures in their parents basement.

Dressel_Rebel
12-29-2002, 11:30 AM
Darth Ball posts:

"So how did everyone one selling one on ebay, here, or scalping shops get one, if they were never at retail?

I don't see Ephant mon around, guess he never hit retail"

Dude, there's a big difference here. All of us are saying that we didn't SEE them at retail and couldn't FIND them at retail. They probably were on store shelves for a few hours. Hell I even saw it online for 2 days at KBkids and bought the only one I ever had the opportunity to buy for a retail price. I've really got nothing else to say about this topic. This thing is ultra hard to find across the nation. I'm out.

Tyler_Pugmire
12-29-2002, 02:37 PM
Ephant mon, duros, commtech stormtrooper, leia holo r2.
<font size="2" face="arial">When did this rubbish become rare? Ephant Mon is new, not rare. The Duros I can STILL find here. The CT Stormtrooper and R2 I found tons of on clearance at TRU for $2.00 each. Everyone that buys these for over retail is a moron and a scalper... Sound familiar? I seriously did find all these figures just like I said. Maybe you didn't find them in your area, are you a moron because you had (hypothetically) to resort to ebay to get them? Rare and valuable are two totally different things. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, supply and demand is what makes things rare, value is a totally different thing. It's like comparing gold to aluminum. Why is gold worth so much more than aluminum? There's a hell of a lot less gold in the world than there is aluminum. Darth Ball's answer to this would be to say that that is nonsense, because they're both metal and should be valued the same... Now, imagine that nobody cared about the vaule of gold. The value would drop. If there is no demand, the supply goes up, values fall. Simple economics my friend.
-Ty-

[ 12-29-2002, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Tyler Pugmire ]

Darth_ball
12-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Tyler Pugmire:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Darth ball:
Ephant mon, duros, commtech stormtrooper, leia holo r2.
<font size="2" face="arial">When did this rubbish become rare? Ephant Mon is new, not rare. The Duros I can STILL find here. The CT Stormtrooper and R2 I found tons of on clearance at TRU for $2.00 each. Everyone that buys these for over retail is a moron and a scalper... Sound familiar? I seriously did find all these figures just like I said. Maybe you didn't find them in your area, are you a moron because you had (hypothetically) to resort to ebay to get them? Rare and valuable are two totally different things. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, supply and demand is what makes things rare, value is a totally different thing. It's like comparing gold to aluminum. Why is gold worth so much more than aluminum? There's a hell of a lot less gold in the world than there is aluminum. Darth Ball's answer to this would be to say that that is nonsense, because they're both metal and should be valued the same... Now, imagine that nobody cared about the vaule of gold. The value would drop. If there is no demand, the supply goes up, values fall. Simple economics my friend.
-Ty-</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">You do not understand, its the HYPE surrounding each one of these figures at a certain point in time, then for some reason you could not find these at retail. These figures are not rare at all, i have found them at retail, its all about the timeing, get the damn stuff at retail before there is hype, and don't wait for the $1.99 sale. Its no different than the TF tank, its stupid going out a getting this stuff when scalpers build hype and hoard the crap.

Darth_Schitzo
12-30-2002, 02:26 PM
While there are scalpers, I just think the Trade Federation Tank wasn't made or ordered in great numbers because around the time when it came out, there was a whole mess of other Episode 1 crap clogging the pegs. Hence the reason why people like me and Dressel Rebel in the NY/NJ area never saw them at retail.

Darth_ball
12-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Schitzo:
While there are scalpers, I just think the Trade Federation Tank wasn't made or ordered in great numbers because around the time when it came out, there was a whole mess of other Episode 1 crap clogging the pegs. Hence the reason why people like me and Dressel Rebel in the NY/NJ area never saw them at retail.<font size="2" face="arial">How do you explain the royal naboo starship, which came out after the tank, and was twice its size. But somehow these were pegwarmers, and the is no way in hell hasbro made more of these than the TF tank.

I wonder if there is a way to get the production numbers on the TF tank and some other items.

tk421_1_2
12-30-2002, 02:44 PM
ok i can't let this go any further because this dude can't seem to let it go. I searched for months for the tank NEVER EVER saw it at retail. I'm talking about 3 or 4 visits for each TRU, Target and Krapmart near me per week. I finally saw one at a collector show for $30 but talked him down to $25 and got it. So am i 1/4 an idiot for buying it 400% more than what you saw on clearance or still a full fledged idiot?

MetalJedi
12-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Dude the Trade Tank came out after the Naboo Royal Starship. What are you talkin about?

Darth_ball
12-30-2002, 03:14 PM
I saw the tanks least a few months before the starship.

Anyone know where to get some production numbers at?

Dean_C
12-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Hi there Guys , i just read this thread and have a comment or two...

i was in new york on vacation around the time of the epidsode one figures being released and they DEFINATELY HAD the TRADE FED tank in Toys r us in NYC...1000% i know this beacuse i didnt buy one and regretted it ever since until i got one from ITALY in a trade....

secondly ,you fight a lot dont you????

i would recoomend readint the current shuttle thread on the vintage board as it is very constructive..... what i am trying to say here is that there is a big difference between this and that one....this could be good if EVERYONE would always remember to add something constructive to thier posts.....

ie if you dont have anything constructive to add to a post then id say ...dont.

cheers Dean.

daftmaul
12-30-2002, 09:22 PM
Thanks Dean, That's very constructive? images/icons/grin.gif

We here on this thread are all enjoying Darth ***** comments. images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

But just to be constructive......according to the Photo Archive on RebelScum.com the NABOO ROYAL STARSHIP BLOCKADE (ELECTRONIC)
Retail: $99.99 was released Year: 1999.

And the TRADE FEDERATION TANK Retail: $19.99 was released for sale Year: 2000.

12-31-2002, 12:53 AM
What is more annoying then disallusioned collectors are those that know jack sh*t about the hobby...

How the hell can the two of you claim that the tank was out before the starship????

I guess Darth Ball, and Dean were the 2 luckiest men in the US to have seen these on store shelves as early as they claim.

*** shakes his head in disgust ***

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
12-31-2002, 01:32 AM
I guess I should never pay more than $2 for a 12 back Han Solo. Please mr. ball, keep typing you are CRACKING ME UP!! (seriously)

After you finish school (or any economics course) come back and read all of this.

Tyler_Pugmire
12-31-2002, 02:23 AM
Hasbro is very secretive when it come to actual production numbers. Comparing it (the tank) to any figure isn't really a fair comparison. Generally speaking, figures are produced in much greater numbers that vehicles are. Why is that? Because the figures cost less at retail, therefore they sell quicker than the higher priced items. That is precisely why the Royal Starship sat around as long as it did. If it had a smaller price point, then they would have moved much more quickly. As far as hype goes, there is always hype when new figures/vehicles are released, that's part of the problem when you have such a large fan base like the SW license. The hype generally gets worse at the end of a particular line. This is one of the reasons that the aforementioned R2 w/holo Leia and CT Stormtrooper were so hard to find for a long time. People couldn't find them anywhere, and the ones that were found were mostly found by scalpers. The word "rare" seems to get tossed around in our hobby quite often. At that time, the two figures were rare, but not because a scalper was hoarding them all. At the end of a line, the distribution system seems to break down. After a few months of not being able to find them, Hasbro shipped most of the cases to TRU's all over the country, and were sold for $1.97 if my memory serves me. Was the hype created artificially? You bet, but not by scalpers. The hype was created accidently by Hasbro. I don't know a lot about the vehicles, as I am primarily a figure collector, but as far as figures go, I can only say this: When you consider all the cost that goes into making a figure, it dosen't pay for Hasbro to make a limited number of figures. (With some exceptions, namely TF Vader and Jorg Sacul) It all boils down to money. Hasbro has to pay the people to sculpt the figures, then they have to pay the people who make the molds. Cost of plastic, costs in R&D, cost of packaging, it all adds up. There is very few regular carded figures that will be worth any money down the road. Darth Ball is correct on that. Just don't buy into the hype, you will find your figures soon enough. (That excludes exclusives, jump on them when you see them!)
-Ty-

MetalJedi
12-31-2002, 02:25 AM
All this talk about the Trade Federation Tank makes me wanna own one.

Darth_ball
12-31-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy_:
What is more annoying then disallusioned collectors are those that know jack sh*t about the hobby...

How the hell can the two of you claim that the tank was out before the starship????

I guess Darth Ball, and Dean were the 2 luckiest men in the US to have seen these on store shelves as early as they claim.

*** shakes his head in disgust ***<font size="2" face="arial">Well clearly you and others do not know anything about the hobby. Hasbro ships one product to one part of the country, and they sit on the shelf. And other parts don't get the product, and their is great demand.

So people come out and say the TF tank is a limited print item, like TF vader, try and say there was only a few thousand made. There is no way in hell that there is fewer TF tanks, than Royal naboo starships.

Its like swimming jar-jar and the battle damage destroyer droids, i have seen many of these hang from the pegs at TRU, yet other parts of the nation didn't see these. The whole problem is hasbros crappy shipping, and scalpers using this to their advantage.

Darth_ball
12-31-2002, 02:38 AM
Anyway to get any production numbers?

I would like to match up the TF tank and the naboo starship.

Then the reek and the acklay.

All those acklays must be stashed in basements and scalper shops.

12-31-2002, 09:36 AM
I can guarantee you Mr. ball (that is your name correct?) that I know more than you think.

I can also guarantee that the tank was produced in less numbers than the starship... This is actually not rocket science on this one...
If Hasbro had made it's money on the tank, and demand was filled why would we be seeing again in the next year??? Tell me Mr. ball....

Do you recall seeing tanks Ep2? Hmmm... Let's hear you explain your theory on this one...
There are releasing it because they understand the demand is still there...

As for the whole distribution theory... I don't doubt some parts of the country so tanks while others never saw one... that my friend is how many things are... I DO doubt (and you'd know this if you read my post correctly) that you, and "Dean" saw these "months" before the starship.... and in Dean's case at the release of Ep1 toys. images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif

If you sat and tried learning more about the hobby instead of whining constantly then you'd be better off. Regardless of what you or anyone else may think there are some thins that were made in much shorter runs than others. The tank is one, but that'll change soon... Of course for the variation collectors it'll just make the Ep1 even tougher to get a deal on....

BTW- Mr. ball you'll never, ever get production numbers out of Hasbro... no matter how much you whine. images/icons/smile.gif

Old_Cocky
12-31-2002, 03:32 PM
I can vouch that the Trade Tank did go on Clearance...at KB Toys, Hasbro dumped large quantities of EpI garbage on KB and they blew it all out the door...can't remember how much they were but I do remember seeing 10-12 of them on the shelves...seems like $7-$10 though.

JesseJames
12-31-2002, 07:02 PM
I too saw them on clearance, and I saw them at both TRU and Kay Bee... I saw them once when they were first released also, and it was AFTER the Royal Starship's release.

There were a fair ammount on clearance as I recall, and they got restocked. They sat for a little while at TRU I believe, then all disappeared.

Master_Newman
12-31-2002, 07:26 PM
i think it is a good deal

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by OCB:
I can vouch that the Trade Tank did go on Clearance...at KB Toys, Hasbro dumped large quantities of EpI garbage on KB and they blew it all out the door...can't remember how much they were but I do remember seeing 10-12 of them on the shelves...seems like $7-$10 though.<font size="2" face="arial">Well some people would call you a lier, because these never made it to retail, and are ultra rare. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 04:09 AM
I can guarantee you Mr. ball (that is your name correct?) that I know more than you think.

I can also guarantee that the tank was produced in less numbers than the starship... This is actually not rocket science on this one...
If Hasbro had made it's money on the tank, and demand was filled why would we be seeing again in the next year??? Tell me Mr. ball....

Do you recall seeing tanks Ep2? Hmmm... Let's hear you explain your theory on this one...
There are releasing it because they understand the demand is still there...

As for the whole distribution theory... I don't doubt some parts of the country so tanks while others never saw one... that my friend is how many things are... I DO doubt (and you'd know this if you read my post correctly) that you, and "Dean" saw these "months" before the starship.... and in Dean's case at the release of Ep1 toys. images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/rolleyes.gif

If you sat and tried learning more about the hobby instead of whining constantly then you'd be better off. Regardless of what you or anyone else may think there are some thins that were made in much shorter runs than others. The tank is one, but that'll change soon... Of course for the variation collectors it'll just make the Ep1 even tougher to get a deal on....

BTW- Mr. ball you'll never, ever get production numbers out of Hasbro... no matter how much you whine. images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Well it appears that many people have seen these on clearance, maybe you guys just didn't see it in your neck of the woods, so it appears my theory about hasbro is true.

OMG whining! You guys are a bunch of babies, crying about how rare it is, then slandering anyone that has seen it at retail.

Can you provide some links, to prove your theory about why hasbro is making a EP2 TF tank? Because i hear they are giving it a geno red paint job. Great demand my *** , yeah just like the rehashing of teebo and those other POTJ, because of great demand. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

So what makes you the big hobby expert, you own a scalping shop?

MetalJedi
01-01-2003, 04:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by OCB:
I can vouch that the Trade Tank did go on Clearance...at KB Toys, Hasbro dumped large quantities of EpI garbage on KB and they blew it all out the door...can't remember how much they were but I do remember seeing 10-12 of them on the shelves...seems like $7-$10 though.<font size="2" face="arial">Well some people would call you a lier, because these never made it to retail, and are ultra rare. images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Or other people would say "Don't you mean the Falumpaset and Droid Fighters??" images/icons/rolleyes.gif

MetalJedi
01-01-2003, 04:27 AM
By the way what is a "scalping shop"?

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 04:29 AM
By the way what is a "scalping shop"?<font size="2" face="arial">Look at that little pic below my name;)

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 04:32 AM
I remember the big KB EP1 blowout in spring summer 2001, i would have picked up few TF tanks if i knew, there was going to be this sudden burst of demand about a year later.

I couldn't even trade the one i have for a Commtech stormtrooper.

Jedi_Idej
01-01-2003, 05:04 AM
Darth Ball, what exactly is your point?

First you call everyone who's buying the tank on the secondary market idiots. Then you try to justify the remark by pointing out how you saw these on clearance and, if they had been smart, they would have picked one up during that period. (Nevermind that some of these "idiots" may have just now gotten into the hobby or weren't interested in vehicles at the time, and so wouldn't have had the foresight to buy one on clearance. Or, despite your insistence, they may not have seen these at a conventional retail outlet.)

As far as your Hasbro theory, from my understanding, most of these products coming from China dock at Washington state (Seattle?) and then stored in Hasbro's warehouses. The items are then shipped off to the chains' various regional warehouses across the country as determined by the chain.

Distribution to each store is up to whatever formula the chain's corporate muckety-mucks devise (ie, distribution is out of Hasbro's control), usually alloting inventory according to store volume.

Sometimes hiccups occur, and some stores wind up getting a majority of a product, leaving the other stores with scraps. (I overheard a TRU manager tell a customer that they received no widescreen edition of AOTC in the initial distribution, while the next TRU north had gotten mostly widescreen.)

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 06:12 AM
The point is buying star wars toys as an investment to cash in later is a stupid idea, let alone paying scalper prices.

Amazing how suddenly everyone and their mother wants one of these tanks, when they see its price go up a bit on ebay. People had almost three years to try and find these things, they could have got them on ebay about a year ago for under $20, but nobody wanted them because there was no hype surrounding the tank.

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Idej:

Distribution to each store is up to whatever formula the chain's corporate muckety-mucks devise (ie, distribution is out of Hasbro's control), usually alloting inventory according to store volume.

Sometimes hiccups occur, and some stores wind up getting a majority of a product, leaving the other stores with scraps. (I overheard a TRU manager tell a customer that they received no widescreen edition of AOTC in the initial distribution, while the next TRU north had gotten mostly widescreen.)<font size="2" face="arial">You can't blame it all on the retail outlets, they can only get what hasbro offers them, they can't pick and choose what they want or how much they get. One outlet my be offered only a small amount of a certain product, while another gets most of that product.

Jedi_Idej
01-01-2003, 07:20 AM
You can't blame it all on the retail outlets, they can only get what hasbro offers them, they can't pick and choose what they want or how much they get. One outlet my be offered only a small amount of a certain product, while another gets most of that product.<font size="2" face="arial">Outside of exclusives, all of Hasbro's (SW) products are offered to the retailers (here in the US). Retailers are allowed to order whatever collection/assortment they want and (essentially) in the quantity they want.

Granted, specific figures and sometimes vehicles can't be orded by the case. That's the nature of the packout ratio. Even if this was possible, do you honestly think the buyers for the chains would know the difference?

What I do blame Hasbro for is when they under/over estimate the popularity of a figure and either there's not enough to go around or it becomes a peg-warmer. More often than not, they've satisfied consumer demand.

When Ep1 hit, every retailer and their subsidiary ordered merchandise. Hasbro met retailer demand. When the glut of products sat on the shelves, it was the retailers who cut back on orders. Result? Later cases that included Bibble, Battle Amidala, Pit Droid 2-pk, etc, were hard to come across. Qui-Gonn/Eopie wasn't ordered by US mass-retailers and they wound up overseas. Not Hasbro's fault.

Jedi_Idej
01-01-2003, 07:41 AM
The point is buying star wars toys as an investment to cash in later is a stupid idea <font size="2" face="arial">Agreed.

let alone paying scalper prices <font size="2" face="arial">And if someone's missed their chance through the regular outlet, do you propose they do without the toy? Wait and maybe get it down the line at less than "scalper" price, but at the same time, have a lingering hole in their collection?

Amazing how suddenly everyone and their mother wants one of these tanks, when they see its price go up a bit on ebay. People had almost three years to try and find these things, they could have got them on ebay about a year ago for under $20, but nobody wanted them because there was no hype surrounding the tank.<font size="2" face="arial">Presumptuous.

[ 01-01-2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Jedi Idej ]

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 08:00 AM
The point is buying star wars toys as an investment to cash in later is a stupid idea <font size="2" face="arial">Agreed.

let alone paying scalper prices <font size="2" face="arial">And if someone's missed their chance through the regular outlet, do you propose they do without the toy? Wait and maybe get it down the line at less than "scalper" price, but at the same time, have a lingering hole in their collection?

Amazing how suddenly everyone and their mother wants one of these tanks, when they see its price go up a bit on ebay. People had almost three years to try and find these things, they could have got them on ebay about a year ago for under $20, but nobody wanted them because there was no hype surrounding the tank.<font size="2" face="arial">Presumptuous.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">People could have tried e-stores like EE, the fanclub, etc. But they did not, so poof they are all sold to clearance outlets, then start hitting ebay, people had three years to get this, unless they just started collecting star wars now.

Darth_ball
01-01-2003, 08:03 AM
You can't blame it all on the retail outlets, they can only get what hasbro offers them, they can't pick and choose what they want or how much they get. One outlet my be offered only a small amount of a certain product, while another gets most of that product.<font size="2" face="arial">Outside of exclusives, all of Hasbro's (SW) products are offered to the retailers (here in the US). Retailers are allowed to order whatever collection/assortment they want and (essentially) in the quantity they want.

Granted, specific figures and sometimes vehicles can't be orded by the case. That's the nature of the packout ratio. Even if this was possible, do you honestly think the buyers for the chains would know the difference?

What I do blame Hasbro for is when they under/over estimate the popularity of a figure and either there's not enough to go around or it becomes a peg-warmer. More often than not, they've satisfied consumer demand.

When Ep1 hit, every retailer and their subsidiary ordered merchandise. Hasbro met retailer demand. When the glut of products sat on the shelves, it was the retailers who cut back on orders. Result? Later cases that included Bibble, Battle Amidala, Pit Droid 2-pk, etc, were hard to come across. Qui-Gonn/Eopie wasn't ordered by US mass-retailers and they wound up overseas. Not Hasbro's fault.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Hasbro did well with most of POTJ, then dropperd the ball again with Saga, will they ever get it just right?

Dressel_Rebel
01-01-2003, 12:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Jedi Idej:

Sometimes hiccups occur, and some stores wind up getting a majority of a product, leaving the other stores with scraps. (I overheard a TRU manager tell a customer that they received no widescreen edition of AOTC in the initial distribution, while the next TRU north had gotten mostly widescreen.)<font size="2" face="arial">You can't blame it all on the retail outlets, they can only get what hasbro offers them, they can't pick and choose what they want or how much they get. One outlet my be offered only a small amount of a certain product, while another gets most of that product.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">This is an incorrect statement. Before dental school, I have worked in management in several retail stores. We have total control over how much of what we get, provided you know enough about star wars to know what the vehicle is that you're ordering. The problem is, the managers of a lot of stores did not know the difference between "trade federation tank" and "gungan cannon with jar jar", and just looked at the amount of "star wars episode I" product on the shelf and passed on these items. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of these tanks that should have been ordered by retailers in '99 and '00 are actually winding up in SAGA packaging now instead of EI.

01-01-2003, 04:57 PM
As I said earlier... Darth ball before you criticize, name call, and make assumptions... please do your homework.

Retail buyers can purchase anything they want that is a regular retail offering (i.e. not exclusive). So therefore if a certain retail chain didn't carry the tank it was of their own fault. Most chains decided not to because they were already glutted w/ tons of Ep1 merchandise (Dean).

I am not here to dog you both, but to be as adamant as you are about these tanks and other aspects w/out knowing fully what is it you are talking about... makes you look bad.

Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.

daftmaul
01-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.<font size="2" face="arial">Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! images/icons/wink.gif

That, I feel, is the whole point of being here, to share knowledge.

Not shout and name call.

Frankly Darth Ball this is just making you look bad. images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif

[ 01-01-2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Julian Cavendish ]

JoshEEE
01-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Jeeez...is this topic still going?

I'd like to add one point.

I didn't really collect the 12" figures until last year. Going into 2003 I have almost all of them (except for about 5 or 6). So how did I get all the ones I missed? Online of course.

I collected 3 3/4" figures for years and years, and so when I was at the stores, I saw 12" figures go on clearance, show up for 7.99 and I saw huge collections of them on Ebay for hundreds that would have been thousands in retail.

My point is.....I'm not an idiot because I didn't pick them up for the clearance prices. I didn't want them back then.

NOW I want them. And the only avenue I have to get most of them (after I started collecting them) was Ebay, or here on the trading boards.

I was the same way with vehicles. I used to ONLY collect the figures. I thought the vehicles were too expensive and unneccesary.

Eventually I started on the vehicles as I made more money. So I had to go back and buy all the ones I had missed. Once again, only avenues for doing that were online.

I'm sure the people buying the tank now are like me in one way or another......and I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

daftmaul
01-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JoshEEE:
My point is.....I'm not an idiot because I didn't pick them up for the clearance prices. I didn't want them back then.

NOW I want them. And the only avenue I have to get most of them (after I started collecting them) was Ebay, or here on the trading boards.

I was the same way with vehicles. I used to ONLY collect the figures. I thought the vehicles were too expensive and unneccesary.

Eventually I started on the vehicles as I made more money. So I had to go back and buy all the ones I had missed. Once again, only avenues for doing that were online.

I'm sure the people buying the tank now are like me in one way or another......and I don't think there's anything wrong with them.<font size="2" face="arial">ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you JoshEEE

I was late to start collecting Ep1 vehicles so missed out on some great offers, now these roads are closed to me. Online trading is my only way forward it seems.

Let’s close this topic before Darth Ball calls us idiots again. I feel “less fortunate” would have be more accurate Darth Ball.

Thanks for the warning Ty. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

[ 01-01-2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Julian Cavendish ]

JoshEEE
01-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah. I'll be the first to say that I'd love it if every store sold every product ever made for retail value, but I know that's just not realisitc. So there will always be an aftermarket for these things.

If you don't get them the first time around, you can expect to pay a little bit more to a collector that did. I don't think anyone will think any less of you. images/icons/smile.gif

Always nice to have more people joining the hobby.

Darth_ball
01-02-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Julian Cavendish:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by JoshEEE:

I'm sure the people buying the tank now are like me in one way or another......and I don't think there's anything wrong with them.<font size="2" face="arial">ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you JoshEEE

I was late to start collecting Ep1 vehicles so missed out on some great offers, now these roads are closed to me. Online trading is my only way forward it seems.

Let’s close this topic before Darth Ball calls us idiots again. I feel “less fortunate” would have be more accurate Darth Ball.

Thanks for the warning Ty. images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Not everyone can fit into the catagory of suddenly wanting to collect EP1 vehicles, or new to the hobby. If this was true, why don't people want the Droid fighters, Naboo starship, Jar-jar w/ kaddu, etc. You can't buy these at retail either, people just seem to suddenly want the tank. Isn't it interesting to see the correlation between hype surrounding the TF tank, its price go up a bit, and the sudden surge of people wanting it, while the rest of EP1 products continue to collect dust. I have been studying the TF tank on ebay for a while and have noticed that many of the people buying the tank are reselling it a week later, or trading it sites such as these. It would appear that most people only want the tank to make a quick buck off of it. But isn't that the Ebay way, to buy and sell.

Darth_ball
01-02-2003, 04:44 AM
As I said earlier... Darth ball before you criticize, name call, and make assumptions... please do your homework.

Retail buyers can purchase anything they want that is a regular retail offering (i.e. not exclusive). So therefore if a certain retail chain didn't carry the tank it was of their own fault. Most chains decided not to because they were already glutted w/ tons of Ep1 merchandise (Dean).

I am not here to dog you both, but to be as adamant as you are about these tanks and other aspects w/out knowing fully what is it you are talking about... makes you look bad.

Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.<font size="2" face="arial">Retail outlets cannot get everything they want, only what hasbro lets them have, what they have left to sell, what wasn't sold to another retail outlet first, what wasn't blown out to clearance outlets, etc.

MetalJedi
01-02-2003, 05:13 AM
I'll take the Naboo Royal Starship. I never got it. EVEN when it was on clearance. Anybody have one they'd sell for non-eBay prices?

Dressel_Rebel
01-02-2003, 10:50 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Jimmy_:

Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.<font size="2" face="arial">Retail outlets cannot get everything they want, only what hasbro lets them have, what they have left to sell, what wasn't sold to another retail outlet first, what wasn't blown out to clearance outlets, etc.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">That's an incorrect statement. I've worked in retail management, and I've filled out Hasbro order forms. We get offered product a few months before it is scheduled to hit store shelves. In the case of the trade federation tank, store managers who aren't star wars fans just saw an aisle full of Episdode I stuff and couldn't tell the difference between a trade federation tank and a kaadu with jar jar. Darth Ball, I've been there, done that, filled out the Hasbro forms and done it electronically months before product hits retail, and you are just wrong images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
01-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Acklay was clogging up the shelves in Phoenix. At least before I moved. I went into a Target and saw a whole end cap full. I also saw plenty at the walmarts there. I still see them pop up every now and again here in Texas. I too have worked in retail management for over 10 years and understand what is being said here. Here is my experience with it.

Initially when a new line of product comes out ( like the Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones) there is little to no say at store level on what or how much is going to arrive. That is determined by store sales and how many people actually shop there. After it's started the store has almost absolute control over what and how much it gets. Sounds simple but that's just the beginning. Almost everyone in charge of ordering the Star Wars will be ordering Transformers, G.I. Joe., Barbie, Bratz, Harry Potter, and dozens of other stuff. They are probably not toy collectors and couldn't tell you the difference between any of it. Now I am sure a few collectors make orders out there and those are the stores you want to shop at. Some one could say hey these Federation Tanks are going to sell really good, lets order 100 cases. They get a shipment of 100 cases leaving the wherehouse 100 cases less for the other stores to get. On the other stores invoice it will say something like "out of stock".

Now sometimes a manager will order something simply because of a kickback. About 8 years ago I had a Hershy rep give me a Super Nintendo game system just for ordering a pallett of candy bars.
Now this is just a little of what goes on in retailing. But hopefully it gives you some idea of how the retail industry works at a higher level.The truth is Hasbro has little say in how anything ultimately gets distributed. Hasbro does send reps out to the stores on occasions to try and clean up old product and at least inform the manager of better product.

Keep in mind that this is just a general outlook on retail. It is more complex than this and anyone who has been there will tell you that.

You probably wouldn't get a rain check unless it was on ad. You would have to fill out a special request form if they are not carrying what you are looking for.

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
01-02-2003, 04:33 PM
metaljedi, I wish I could help you out on that starship. There was a toys r us in north phoenix that had literally a wall of them. If you post something in the AZcollectors board someone might be able to help you out. they are pretty nice there.

Jedi_Idej
01-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Hasbro did well with most of POTJ, then dropperd the ball again with Saga, will they ever get it just right?[/QB]<font size="2" face="arial">And you're still convinced distribution is up to Hasbro?

POTJ did well because retailers were more cautious with orders. Lower quantities meant fewer remainders.

Ep2 spurred higher orders than POTJ but less than Ep1. While retailers backed off a little because of unsold merchandise (ie, Reek), we aren't swimming in a sea of the same products from April.

Aside from the Acklay, which non-currently shipping items are US consumers wanting?

Tyler_Pugmire
01-02-2003, 08:00 PM
If this was true, why don't people want the Droid fighters, Naboo starship, Jar-jar w/ kaddu, etc. You can't buy these at retail either, people just seem to suddenly want the tank. <font size="2" face="arial">I'd like a Kaadu w/Jar Jar... Anyone? I'm serious here.
-Ty-

Jedi_Idej
01-02-2003, 08:04 PM
If that was true then retail outlets could get whatever starwars products, the people demand, and i can get a rain check for a damn Ackaly beast.<font size="2" face="arial">Demand it from TRU, Target, Walmart, and other chains, then next time maybe they'll order more.

You ever watch Citizen Kane?

JoshEEE
01-02-2003, 08:56 PM
metaljedi, I just sent you a PM...I've got an extra Queen's Starship still in the box. Long story, but I ended up with a few after a Kaybee ordering fiasco. I never put the extra one up on Ebay, it just sat in my garage all this time. images/icons/smile.gif

Dressel_Rebel
01-02-2003, 10:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Dressel Rebel:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Jimmy_:

Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.<font size="2" face="arial">Retail outlets cannot get everything they want, only what hasbro lets them have, what they have left to sell, what wasn't sold to another retail outlet first, what wasn't blown out to clearance outlets, etc.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">That's an incorrect statement. I've worked in retail management, and I've filled out Hasbro order forms. We get offered product a few months before it is scheduled to hit store shelves. In the case of the trade federation tank, store managers who aren't star wars fans just saw an aisle full of Episdode I stuff and couldn't tell the difference between a trade federation tank and a kaadu with jar jar. Darth Ball, I've been there, done that, filled out the Hasbro forms and done it electronically months before product hits retail, and you are just wrong images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">If that was true then retail outlets could get whatever starwars products, the people demand, and i can get a rain check for a damn Ackaly beast.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Not exactly. Retailers must decide months before the product hits what to order. And thus, do not know exactly which items in the line will be most popular, unless you get a collector such as myself in a manager position that has an inkling as to what will be most in demand. Hence, your Acklay problem. And I can get you an Acklay if you want one.

Carnor_Jax
01-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By Darth Ball
I'm telling you these things collected dust for several years, along with Jar-jar w/ kaddu, Qui-gon & oope, naboo landspeeder, the royal starship, etc. Everyone just wanted the cheap figures, and to make things worse it didn't even come with a figure.

Lol a little while back i tried trading one of these tanks for Sio bibble, but the guy wanted more because the tank was on sale now.
<font size="2" face="arial">I agree with JoshEEE I have 3 TRU around me and I SAW 1 count'em 1 for $19.99 about 1-2 years ago during the SW clearance sale and the reason I left it is because it was full price and the rest of the EP1 toys were on clearance...Now this is not being stupid but smart I never so one after that but i do still want one but not for $60 images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Darth_ball
01-03-2003, 01:29 AM

Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.<font size="2" face="arial">Retail outlets cannot get everything they want, only what hasbro lets them have, what they have left to sell, what wasn't sold to another retail outlet first, what wasn't blown out to clearance outlets, etc.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">That's an incorrect statement. I've worked in retail management, and I've filled out Hasbro order forms. We get offered product a few months before it is scheduled to hit store shelves. In the case of the trade federation tank, store managers who aren't star wars fans just saw an aisle full of Episdode I stuff and couldn't tell the difference between a trade federation tank and a kaadu with jar jar. Darth Ball, I've been there, done that, filled out the Hasbro forms and done it electronically months before product hits retail, and you are just wrong images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">If that was true then retail outlets could get whatever starwars products, the people demand, and i can get a rain check for a damn Ackaly beast.

MetalJedi
01-03-2003, 01:41 AM
JoshEEE,

Sent you a PM back. Thank you! Hope it's a fair offer for you.

Darth_ball
01-03-2003, 04:33 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Dressel Rebel:

Knowledge is everything.... The more ya know the better off you are... especially in collecting.<font size="2" face="arial">Retail outlets cannot get everything they want, only what hasbro lets them have, what they have left to sell, what wasn't sold to another retail outlet first, what wasn't blown out to clearance outlets, etc.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">That's an incorrect statement. I've worked in retail management, and I've filled out Hasbro order forms. We get offered product a few months before it is scheduled to hit store shelves. In the case of the trade federation tank, store managers who aren't star wars fans just saw an aisle full of Episdode I stuff and couldn't tell the difference between a trade federation tank and a kaadu with jar jar. Darth Ball, I've been there, done that, filled out the Hasbro forms and done it electronically months before product hits retail, and you are just wrong images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">If that was true then retail outlets could get whatever starwars products, the people demand, and i can get a rain check for a damn Ackaly beast.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Not exactly. Retailers must decide months before the product hits what to order. And thus, do not know exactly which items in the line will be most popular, unless you get a collector such as myself in a manager position that has an inkling as to what will be most in demand. Hence, your Acklay problem. And I can get you an Acklay if you want one.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">What retail chain do you works at? I was thinking about going down to TRU or Walmart, and try to get them to order some Acklays.

Darth_ball
01-03-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Carnor Jax:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial"> Originally Posted By Darth Ball

<font size="2" face="arial">I agree with JoshEEE I have 3 TRU around me and I SAW 1 count'em 1 for $19.99 about 1-2 years ago during the SW clearance sale and the reason I left it is because it was full price and the rest of the EP1 toys were on clearance...Now this is not being stupid but smart I never so one after that but i do still want one but not for $60 images/icons/rolleyes.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Are you willing to wait 3-4 years to get one cheap?

You could always get the saga one, its the same EP1 tank just repackaged. Their doing this becaues they are to cheap to make that Geno walker thing.

daftmaul
01-03-2003, 07:36 AM
You could always get the saga one, its the same EP1 tank just repackaged.<font size="2" face="arial">It will be the same tank but I am willing to bet big money that it will have a differnt paint job and look totally differnt form the original EP1 tank.
images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_ball
01-03-2003, 08:46 AM
You could always get the saga one, its the same EP1 tank just repackaged.<font size="2" face="arial">It will be the same tank but I am willing to bet big money that it will have a differnt paint job and look totally differnt form the original EP1 tank.
images/icons/grin.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">How will it look totally differnt if its just a paint job. I'm willing to bet money it will still say 1999 under it.

Dressel_Rebel
01-03-2003, 08:59 AM
images/icons/grin.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">The picture we saw in December looks stunningly similar to the Episdode I tank. And let's face it, there aren't any tanks on Geonosis, so there was no point in repainting it. This is Hasbro's way to unload tanks under the POPULAR SAGA brand, because they couldn't get retailers to order many under that glut of Episode I products. It will be interesting to see if it says 1999 under it.

JoshEEE
01-03-2003, 02:57 PM
I don't care one way or the other, what it all comes down to is "Do you want more of them?"

For me, the answer is yet, because this particular ship isn't a Slave 1, or a Landspeeder....rehashed for the 3rd or 4th time. It's a tank, which can be an army builder...and army builders are ALWAYS welcome. I know I'd like a few more for my dioramas.

Darth_ball
01-03-2003, 03:28 PM
I would rather have a Republic AT-AE and that big Geno walker, than a rehash of that tank.

[ 01-03-2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Darth ball ]

Jedi_Idej
01-03-2003, 08:13 PM
What retail chain do you works at? I was thinking about going down to TRU or Walmart, and try to get them to order some Acklays.<font size="2" face="arial">Use some common sense. All arguments about Hasbro making available all of their products to all retailers (minus the exclusives) referred to products they have already produced and not yet allocated or products they will manufacture if they're confident enough units will sell.

To back up your claim that Hasbro doesn't make all products available to all retailers because they won't churn out a handful of items for every Tom, **** , and Harry after production ceases is bogus and lame.

I hope you find the Acklay soon. I'd hate for your to still be bitter on your deathbed.

Darth_Bryan
01-04-2003, 02:34 AM
I'll just add that I've had a good laugh reading this thread because it's been very educational. There has been some great claims made like the tank coming out before the queen's ship. That was just flat out hilarious. Not to mention comparing it's sells to the TF tank. The fact that the starship originally cost triple the price couldn't of had anything to do with it's sells or thinking more tanks were made than the starship. If you just followed the trends of later TPM items you would know that's not true.

I would never assume that just because an item is plentiful it must be the same everywhere. Having a large amount of friends all over the Houston area I can tell you we sure didn't see this clearance. It was darn near impossible to find these here. I found mine because of a nice employee. If someone wants to pay high prices for something let them do it. I won't ever do that but each to his own.

I'll just add this final anedote for this discussion. When I was at C2 I saw thousands of the Jorge Sacul figure everywhere. Those figures filled the back walls of a huge convention center room. Now seeing that I should assume that everyone should of bought them because they were just all over the place. I mean come on why don't all of you have them because I saw them in one area so it must be the same everywhere. images/icons/smile.gif

JoshEEE
01-04-2003, 02:50 AM
Amen.

When I was at C2....1 of every 5 people I saw at the convention had one of those little plastic bags from the C2 Store, and I noticed a lot of Saculs in those bags.

I know there were days when people missed out on getting these figures, and I know some people who attended and DIDN'T wait in the line in the morning missed them all together.

But because I saw all these people with all those bags, and all those spare boxes of figures on the day I was in there.....

Well, they must have been plentiful?

Sorry...but as they say in the south: "That dog just won't hunt".

MetalJedi
01-04-2003, 08:38 PM
This thread is like the energizer bunny...keeps going and going. images/icons/smile.gif

Darth_ball
01-05-2003, 09:38 AM
What retail chain do you works at? I was thinking about going down to TRU or Walmart, and try to get them to order some Acklays.<font size="2" face="arial">Use some common sense. All arguments about Hasbro making available all of their products to all retailers (minus the exclusives) referred to products they have already produced and not yet allocated or products they will manufacture if they're confident enough units will sell.

To back up your claim that Hasbro doesn't make all products available to all retailers because they won't churn out a handful of items for every Tom, **** , and Harry after production ceases is bogus and lame.

I hope you find the Acklay soon. I'd hate for your to still be bitter on your deathbed.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">So do you think every acklay that has been made has been sold at retail, or do you think most at collecting dust in some warehouse just like the TF tank.

Darth_ball
01-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth Bryan:
I'll just add that I've had a good laugh reading this thread because it's been very educational. There has been some great claims made like the tank coming out before the queen's ship. That was just flat out hilarious. Not to mention comparing it's sells to the TF tank. The fact that the starship originally cost triple the price couldn't of had anything to do with it's sells or thinking more tanks were made than the starship. If you just followed the trends of later TPM items you would know that's not true.

I would never assume that just because an item is plentiful it must be the same everywhere. Having a large amount of friends all over the Houston area I can tell you we sure didn't see this clearance. It was darn near impossible to find these here. I found mine because of a nice employee. If someone wants to pay high prices for something let them do it. I won't ever do that but each to his own.

I'll just add this final anedote for this discussion. When I was at C2 I saw thousands of the Jorge Sacul figure everywhere. Those figures filled the back walls of a huge convention center room. Now seeing that I should assume that everyone should of bought them because they were just all over the place. I mean come on why don't all of you have them because I saw them in one area so it must be the same everywhere. images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Thats BS trying to say the TF tanks are as rare and HTF as Jorg. You could only get Jorg at C2 for that weekend, while you had several years to get the tank at retail, at many retail chains, online stores, the fanclub, and ebay when it was cheap. They only made a few thousand of Jorg, and they made several thousands of the TF tank, maybe as many as Kaadu and Jar jar. Theres no way this tank was as hard to get Jorg or TF vader. Oh and if you didn't noticed several people in this thread has seen the TF tank at clearance.

bobaphat28
01-05-2003, 10:19 AM
I like the tank very much, one of the better vehicles made for the EP 1 line. I do think less were made because it appeared near the end of the line, but I would have a hard time buying one for $60.00! Got mine about 6 months ago in the forums here for a $20.00 figure trade. It was mint loose with box included. I did see a few of these at retail while I was out of collecting from 98-2000, but never really thought about buying it then. Also found the Trade Federation Tank Desk Organizer for two bucks the other day at a thrift shop. For two bucks it was a good deal, and it could be used in a diorama as a backround vehicle because it is almost identical in size to the toy....just a thought. In my experience if you are patient alot of times you will end up getting many things you want without breaking yourself.

Darth_ball
01-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Speaking of the Tank Desk Organizer, there was a loose TF tank for sale, with the box, but the loose tank was the desk organizer. just though that was funny, wonder if he fooled anyone?

Darth_Bryan
01-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Thats BS trying to say the TF tanks are as rare and HTF as Jorg <font size="2" face="arial">If you would of read what I wrote correctly you would know that's not what I was talking about. You stated you saw all these tanks everywhere in your area and assumed it must be the same all over. I just said the same thing with the Jorge Sacul figure. There were pallets full of those figures and many people didn't get one. Just because they were plentiful in your area doesn't mean jack in other areas.

I would never make a statement that the Tank is harder to find than the C2 figure. I know a little about collecting unlike some who believe the tank came out first. images/icons/wink.gif

Oh and if you didn't noticed several people in this thread has seen the TF tank at clearance.
<font size="2" face="arial">In case you haven't noticed and judging by your response you haven't, a couple of people compared to 10 to 15 isn't significant. Out of the thousands of TRU all over the county I don't doubt a handful had them for clearance. I also saw a deal where someone got the R2D2 for under $50 at Target. Therefore, I should assume all Targets are doing the same.

The tank isn't a FHTF vehichle or ultra rare, but it was and is one that wasn't easy to find. If it wasn't hard to find online places wouldn't of charged $40 to $50 initially. It was a late vehicle to come out and most places didn't order many. They later marked them down because most people were just not dumb enough to pay those prices. Like many have pointed out this was pretty common considering the flood of TMP merchandise cluttering their shelves. Most stores didn't want more things to just sit there. Little did most know this was a great vehicle and probably one of if not the best for TMP.
Now for someone just getting into collecting or wanting an extra tank I would say $50 is pretty steep. If they are willing to part with that much money for something they want let them. Maybe they really want it or just aren't aware a new one is supposed to come out. Whatever the reason it's their's to make and spend how they see fit. I could say anyone is a moron for paying more than 10 for the TF Vader or Jorge Sacul because I got them for that. I realize I was just fortunate to get one for what I did and not think someone else who didn't get that chance is stupid. DArthBall, you were just lucky to see them on clearance much like I was when I got an AT-AT for 9.99 and a Snowspeeder for the same.

01-05-2003, 08:46 PM
This is the thread that doesn't end...
Yes it goes on and on my friend...

images/icons/grin.gif

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
01-05-2003, 10:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like this issue is dead. I think we determined that the tank was hard to get for everyone except darth ball. I don't know what else to day about it really.

Jedi_Idej
01-06-2003, 01:44 AM
So do you think every acklay that has been made has been sold at retail, or do you think most at collecting dust in some warehouse just like the TF tank.<font size="2" face="arial">I wouldn't be surprised if there's an inventory sitting in a Hasbro warehouse. When the buyers for retailers saw Saga Beast Acklay (or some variation) on their re-order forms, they probably shuddered at the troop of Reek milling about their shelves and held off reordering.

The only way to get (any?) remaining acklays back on the shelves is to convince the chains to order them ...That is, if Hasbro doesn't already have other plans for them.

Darth_Bryan
01-06-2003, 01:52 AM
I'm sorry for keeping the thread going. I just didn't notice it earlier and had to get in a few words. After reading all the posts I just had to respond. I'm just amazed that anyone who has been a collector for a while would make such a statement. It was just too tempting. You are right it has been well established it was hard to find for everyone else. I've got friends in many parts of Texas and if it was hard to find in this state it probably safe to say it was everywhere.
For the future threads, I'll look over in this one more for insightful conversations. images/icons/wink.gif Once again I'm sorry for being the energizer bunny here. images/icons/smile.gif

[ 01-06-2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Darth Bryan ]

JoshEEE
01-06-2003, 10:14 PM
I think we can summarize this whole thread up by asking this question:

Can you walk into a store TODAY and buy the Trade Federation Tank?

No?

Well, if you still want one, then it's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it on Ebay, or from another source of your choosing. End of debate, End of thread.

images/icons/smile.gif

Darth_ball
01-07-2003, 07:40 AM
This is the thread that doesn't end...
Yes it goes on and on my friend...

images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Shhh, i'm fishing.

Darth_ball
01-07-2003, 07:42 AM
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like this issue is dead. I think we determined that the tank was hard to get for everyone except darth ball. I don't know what else to day about it really.<font size="2" face="arial">I determined it was easy to find because i have seen it several times, so deal with it.

Darth_ball
01-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Darth Bryan:
I'm sorry for keeping the thread going. I just didn't notice it earlier and had to get in a few words. After reading all the posts I just had to respond. I'm just amazed that anyone who has been a collector for a while would make such a statement. It was just too tempting. You are right it has been well established it was hard to find for everyone else. I've got friends in many parts of Texas and if it was hard to find in this state it probably safe to say it was everywhere.
For the future threads, I'll look over in this one more for insightful conversations. images/icons/wink.gif Once again I'm sorry for being the energizer bunny here. images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">But Texas doesn't matter. images/icons/cool.gif

JoshEEE
01-07-2003, 02:36 PM
I repeat:

I think we can summarize this whole thread up by asking this question:

Can you walk into a store TODAY and buy the Trade Federation Tank?

No?

Well, if you still want one, then it's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it on Ebay, or from another source of your choosing. End of debate, End of thread.

<font size="2" face="arial">I will add TWO smilies...in hopes they will help this plain and simple point to sink in. images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/smile.gif

[ 01-07-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: JoshEEE ]

Darth_ball
01-07-2003, 09:05 PM
But what about tomorrow? Or are they going to collect dust for a second time in their new saga packaging?

MetalJedi
01-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Move along Move along. Thread is dead Move along.

Dressel_Rebel
01-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeah but it's like the sore on your palate that would heal if you could just stop playing with it with your tongue. Too tempting.

Darth_ball
01-07-2003, 10:16 PM
This topic will never die. Someone new will always see this topic, and fly off the edge.

Oh and when the Saga TF tank hits the shelfs, this topic shall rise like phoenix.

The_Real_Jon
01-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Hey guys whats going on in this thread?

CorranHorn
01-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Holy poop in a hat!!! This thread is still going on?!?!?!?!?!

Haven't you guys realized, Darth Ball is right, and we're all wrong.
&lt;whispers to everyone&gt;Please believe that, so Darth Ball can move on and stop telling everyone we're idiots&lt;/whispers to everyone&gt; images/icons/grin.gif

JoshEEE
01-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Since repeating doesn't work, I'll REPHRASE it:

Darth Ball, can YOU go find me DOZENS (or even one) Trade Federation Tank at retail right now???

No???

Then they're worth whatever these folks are paying for them on Ebay. Right?

Even you must agree with this.

I remember when POTF2 AT-ST's were at Wal Mart marked down to 15 bucks, and now every time one goes on Ebay, it sells for more than 30 or 40.

Why? Cause they're NOT out there anymore. And they're cool, so collectors still want them. And not everyone was collecting when they WERE out.

Supply.....and Demand.

JoshEEE
01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
P.S.

OT... but, have you received your figures yet? Just curious if they made it there or if they're still in transit.

CorranHorn
01-08-2003, 04:27 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by CorranHorn:

&lt;whispers to everyone&gt;Please believe that, so Darth Ball can move on and stop telling everyone we're idiots&lt;/whispers to everyone&gt; images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">So if you seen dozens of TF tanks at various stores collecting dust, would you think they were a limited print item, ultra rare and VTF? images/icons/wink.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Actually I did see 2 dozen or so TF Tanks at the TRU in Downtown Chicago in 2001. This was the only time I ever saw them. The logical conclusion from this entire thread is that this item saw a more limited production run than most Episode 1 items, primarily based on the sales of those previous items. And when the TF Tank was released not many retail outlets ordered it, thus leading to it only showing up in those areas the retail outlets believed the item would sell. There's no conspiracy, there's no other logistics involved, this is how the industry works, from production to selling.

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
01-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Dude, if we stop replying to this topic it will die. The bottom line is darth ball wants the last word. So please darth ball tell us we are wrong and you are right so we can move forward.

JoshEEE
01-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Good plan....Darth Ball? Tell everyone they are wrong (Unless you agree with my last post) and then we can all move on to more important threads.

images/icons/smile.gif

Darth_Bryan
01-08-2003, 06:34 PM
I'm sure the Captain of the Titanic wanted the last word too and look how that ended up. This is exactly the position Darth Ball has put himself in and it's sinking fast. images/icons/smile.gif

Darth_ball
01-08-2003, 09:07 PM
P.S.

OT... but, have you received your figures yet? Just curious if they made it there or if they're still in transit.<font size="2" face="arial">Just got them this afternoon, so i'll give you some feedback. Overall the cards were better than i thought, but looks like Rex got a bubble ding. images/icons/frown.gif

Darth_ball
01-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Good plan....Darth Ball? Tell everyone they are wrong (Unless you agree with my last post) and then we can all move on to more important threads.

images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">More important threads?

Like Trade federation topic II : Saga version!

Darth_ball
01-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CorranHorn:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by CorranHorn:

&lt;whispers to everyone&gt;Please believe that, so Darth Ball can move on and stop telling everyone we're idiots&lt;/whispers to everyone&gt; images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">So if you seen dozens of TF tanks at various stores collecting dust, would you think they were a limited print item, ultra rare and VTF? images/icons/wink.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Actually I did see 2 dozen or so TF Tanks at the TRU in Downtown Chicago in 2001. This was the only time I ever saw them. The logical conclusion from this entire thread is that this item saw a more limited production run than most Episode 1 items, primarily based on the sales of those previous items. And when the TF Tank was released not many retail outlets ordered it, thus leading to it only showing up in those areas the retail outlets believed the item would sell. There's no conspiracy, there's no other logistics involved, this is how the industry works, from production to selling.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">There's no conspiracy? You mean Greedy Hasbro hoarding the TF tanks all these years, only to repackage them in Saga boxes, when they could have dumped them on the fanclub, just like they did with the TF droid fighters, and everything else Ep1. Thats not a conspiracy.

Thermal
01-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth_ball
01-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by CorranHorn:

&lt;whispers to everyone&gt;Please believe that, so Darth Ball can move on and stop telling everyone we're idiots&lt;/whispers to everyone&gt; images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">So if you seen dozens of TF tanks at various stores collecting dust, would you think they were a limited print item, ultra rare and VTF? images/icons/wink.gif