PDA

View Full Version : Who here has all the carded Ep1 figures?

03-27-2001, 07:26 AM
Sadly not me. After all my buys and trades come in, I should be about 6 away from the carded set. Of course those 6 are the hardest ones to get (Sio Bibble, Swimming Jar Jar, Amidala Battle, etc.) But I'll get there eventually. I will also have all cinema scenes and be 2 creature packs behind.

Matt_Carroll
03-27-2001, 09:36 AM
I've got all the Episode I carded figures - luckily I didn't wait too long to pick up the Sio Bibble and Swimming Jar Jar. I decided not to go for everything in the E1 line though; I passed on most of the vehicles and all of the creatures; they just didn't appeal to me for some reason.

------------------
"And the winner is...#3 in a quantum finish!" (Race Track Announcer)
"No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!" -The Professor, Futurama
"Darth" Matt Carroll
BHC Reporter & Forum Moderator (POTF2, Classifieds, Trading, and Wuher's Cantina)
darthmatt@collectstarwars.com

Capntarpals
03-27-2001, 10:24 AM
Such as it is, all I need are Episode 1 items. I have all the carded ones, minus the foreign, bonus Pit Droid ones.(of which, I only need three;one each, any fig, of all three different Pit Droid variations)

All I need now are:
1) The three different bonus Pit Droids
2) Jabba, w/ announcer Beast Pack
3) Eopie, w/ Qui-Gon
4) Darth Maul Invasion Force
5) Electronic Sith Sppeder, w/ Darth Maul fig(I'm getting this soon)

Nothing else has escaped my grasp. But, you know what Leia said to Tarkin...oh well.

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

brew
03-27-2001, 10:27 AM
I was also lucky enough to get them all before the prices escalated.. I still don't remember where I got Swimming J, but I grabbed the Sio wave as soon as a local dealer got them ($50 CDN for the set, a tough price then, a steal now) and my TC14 and R2B1 from Toyzz.com

Old_Cocky
03-27-2001, 10:27 AM
I have them all, I was lucky enough to find all of the HTF stuff during my many travels of Arizona and Northern Alabama away from Minnesota at K-Marts and Wally Worlds. I feel pretty lucky to have gotten TC-14, R2-B1, Swimmer Jar-Jar, Sio Bibble and crew and to a lesser degree Holo Sideous and Naboo Guard.

03-27-2001, 12:06 PM
I have all the carded E1 figures except for queen battle which i have never seen yet,but rest assured she WILL be mine.I have almost all the beast/vehicle packs purely because their prices were slashed,playsets with figures as well for the same reason.Haven't started on POTJ yet,although excellent I shall wait for their price to drop before picking up the bargains.

------------------
"PERHAPS I CAN FIND NEW WAYS TO MOTIVATE THEM"

Log
03-27-2001, 02:15 PM
Well, except for Swimming JJB(which I have opened), I have all of the tail end figures released from December 1999-March 2000 MOC,in Protecto Paks, and hanging on my "carded" wall. I've got opened doubles of them too but when it comes to figures as "rare" as the ones that some people are having a hard time finding, I love looking at them in their unopened condition.

Other than a few rarities and favorites like C-3PO, Coruscant Amidala, .00 Jedi Duel Maul, Tat Maul, and the Yoda wave, all of my Episode I figures are opened and proudly displayed http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
"What we do in life echoes an eternity."-Maximus(Gladiator)

03-27-2001, 02:52 PM
I have all the carded figures thanks to a trade which i gave up a 300th fett( my walmart had tons of them) for a swimming jar jar that completed the carded figs. The beast i dont have to many of them i did order the famba off of fao yesterday so hopefully ill get that. potj line is another story.

03-27-2001, 08:24 PM
I was focused on what I liked, and never was into collecting a completist's set of the EP1 carded figures. But I'm still looking for my no-finds: Swimming Jar Jar Binks, TC-14, R2-B1, Naboo Royal Guard, and Sio Bibble.

Todd_F
03-27-2001, 11:10 PM
I too have the full set. I did however have to aquire at least a half dozen of them through trades. In time though I ultimately saw all of them at retail at least once but most of the latter waves ONLY once!

Scary thing was I actually saw a Naboo Jar Jar in December at a Meijer store and thought nothing of it for I was sick of seeing E1 stuff on the shelfs (I really don't follow the second hand market value of my figures). Later, a couple friends of mine who don't have that particular Binks figure scolded me severely for nor grabbing it. (Who the hell woulda guessed any Jar Jar Binks figure would be HTF???)

Matt_Fury
03-28-2001, 01:29 AM
I don't have any of the figures with the bonus pit droid, and as of right now, I have no plans on getting them....if I'm right, these were never released in the US right? I also am missing the Jabba w/2-headed announcer Beast pack and the Flash speeder (have no intention of getting that flash speeder but since KB has about 1,000 of them I'm not worried about it). As for carded figures I need (want) here's my list:

1. Battle Amidala
2. Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid
3. Swimming Jar-Jar
4. Soft Goods Qui-Gon

Hopefully, I'll get these before Episode 2 comes out. (I'd also like to get my hands on an Eopie with Qui-gon, but those are only sold in Europe too right?)

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

Boba_Binks
03-28-2001, 05:54 AM
I have all of the carded figures in my collection. I acquirred them all through persistant hunting and no trading. I have helped others who needed figs through trades.
I only saw the Swimming Jar Jar one time at Wal-Mart. I am glad I picked him up then or I would need him.
Hope you get the figures you want to fil in you collection.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

03-28-2001, 05:59 AM
I have all the figures except for holo sidious, soft goods qui gon, battle damaged destroyer droid and naboo royal guard. I'll probably get them off an e-tailer or through trades. Not too fussed. The only other ep1 stuff I'm missing is the famba and eopie. I WILL get them all eventually. I have the whole set of POTF2 so at least thats something right? http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

------------------
Messa going home!

Capntarpals
03-28-2001, 10:07 AM
MattFuy, you're right; the bonus pit droids were only relesed over in Europe somewhere, and the Eopie could be found in the Pacific Rim(US packaging w/a Japanese sticker on the back), or in the UK(on a tri-logo box).

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

PodRacer_X
03-28-2001, 02:09 PM
I got `em all too, only I yanked them off the cards. Or rather, I should say, I yanked the pesky cards off the figures!

jedicat
03-28-2001, 07:27 PM
I have them all except for the foreign releases/ exclusives. And they are loose, free of that plastic bubble! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif
It was a long haul to get them all too.

------------------
Stay on target...stay on target!!

Darth_Ray
03-28-2001, 08:25 PM
I have all except Qui-Gon soft goods and swimming JJB. I think I've seen them at Wal-Mart once, but I'm not sure. I-must have because there were a bunch of battle damaged destroyer droids. At the time, I wasn't collecting E1 officially. I was snatching up POTF2 bargins. But I saw pit droids, Amidala, Sio Bibble, TC-14, and R2-B1 at K-Mart of all places. Didn't have a clue they were HTF, and got them for some reason (and regreted it for a while! I hated E1 and figured these would be clearanced soon). Destroyer droid was just too cool to pass up, wish I thought the same of JJB and Qui-Gon. Oh well, I still think these will pop up at clearance...

Darth Ray

03-29-2001, 01:02 AM
Well, mine are loose, but I only need these:

TC 14
R2 B1
Naboo Royal Guard
Queen Amidala Ascesion Gun
Swiming Jar Jar
Eopie and Qui Gon
Invasion Force Maul w/Speeder
Bonus Pit Droids
That damned Fambaa
Soft Goods Qui Gon
Soft Goods Maul

Ok, theyˇ*re quite a few, but at least I can count them, unlike the holes in my POTF2 collection. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

------------------
"Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction"

[This message has been edited by Darth Sliver (edited 03-28-2001).]

03-29-2001, 01:07 AM
i have all the epI carded figures.

i am missing several of the pack-ins though, and didn't bother with most of the foriegn figures.

the only one i had to buy online or trade for was swimming jarjar and i scored him from action ace for $11 before they closed down.

03-29-2001, 01:28 AM
Mine are still in the process of being uncarded now I have more space and I am still missing some common May 3rd figures that I never got round to getting.
I do however have all the final figs except soft goods Obi & Ani pilot, all from trades as we only got up to the TC14 wave here in Oz.
No Faamba or Eopie for me either though.

03-29-2001, 07:04 PM
I have all the EP.1 figures carded, mainly due to non-stop hunting. I only saw the Sio Bibble wave once, glad I bought them. That was really the only wave I didn't see too much of. I'm still missing 2-3 figures for my loose set, but I'm sure I'll get them in trade somewhere down the road. I also have a complete set of beast packs as well, got the Eopie in a trade. Pretty much the only EP.1 items I'm missing are some of the asian exclusives (i.e. bonus pit droid 2 packs). I've found that there's usually always some kind soul out there who's willing to trade with you for the things you need. Thank god for trade buddies!

------------------
Romba79
BHC Reporter
Romba79@collectstarwars.com

Check out my SW California Collecting Club (http://pub21.ezboard.com/brombastreehouse)

03-29-2001, 08:16 PM
Unfortunatly, I don't have all EP1 figures, as a matter of fact I need about 25 more http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif . Right now I am trying to finish off my POTF GC I only got 2 more to go!! But I look at it this way at least I got battle amidala and tc-14 so that will help, because it sounds like there hard to get ahold of. Maybe someday I can say I have them all!! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

musasa
03-30-2001, 06:59 PM
I only have a few carded E1 figs - most of them are figs with bonus battle droids.

To clarify: There are 5 different figs with bonus pit droids. They were released in some Asian and European countries (and perhaps elsewhere) and are not European exclusives.

------------------
Forum Moderator, BHC
musasa@collectstarwars.com
At night, when the urge is strongest and the thought of fresh brains is upon me, I transform into... Ewok Zombie!

JediTricks
03-31-2001, 06:09 AM
I have all the single-carded figures, though I ended up paying $22 for Swimming Jar Jar. It was a birthday splurge.

------------------
"Tell that to Jabba. He may only charge you a low interest rate and minimal penalty fee."

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

INFAMY_OF_CRETE
03-31-2001, 09:01 PM
I'M FORTUNATE TO HAVE ALL THE E1 FIGURES INCLUDING SOME VARIATIONS.

trekie2
04-04-2001, 07:18 PM
I found them all....I was actually lucky as I never really went looking for them just happen to drop into my local stores and there they were and picked up anything that was new (at the time). Had to order my Watto's Box from the US but other than that all was readily available. Still looking for the Eopie and Gui-Gon but I realize I would find large diposits of gold and diamonds in my backyard first. I open everything so card condition makes little diffrence to me as we have a bending bandit here and he has been stricking all the POTJ stuff I currently see. Found 2 Swimming Jar-Jars (only got 1 left the other for someone else) and at the time didn't realize he was going to be so hard to find later on. Funny I search for POTJ and usually end up empy handed...maybe reverse sycology is the answer.

04-05-2001, 02:37 PM
I have evrything that was available in the US...How's that?

I never had to go above retail and did trade for a few. I also have all the POTJ except for the new Maul.

------------------
Peace!
Deron
Xizor's View @ <A HREF="http://www.theforce.net
C-News" TARGET=_blank>www.theforce.net
C-News</A> @ <A HREF="http://www.theforce.net
Staff" TARGET=_blank>www.theforce.net
Staff</A> Member
djprice@si-net.com

04-28-2001, 03:45 PM
I dont have many Episode 1 figures. I have picked out and bought only the ones I really liked. As of right now I have no desire to complete it and probably never will...
The first release Jar Jar Binks figure was given to me as a joke since it is well known that the character gets on my nerves...lol

Jawatrooper
04-28-2001, 04:01 PM
Once my Swimming Jar Jar arrives from Japan that's me finished and moving onto POTJ and E1 vehicles

Darth_Ray
04-28-2001, 07:16 PM
I got all carded E1 American figures (at retail or less). I have multiples of all army buiders. Have all the 3 packs (all on clearence). Have none of the beast packs or vehicles (didn't care for them). Have the overseas Battle Droid and the 3 bonus pit droids but not the pit droids that go with Holo Sidious/Naboo Guard (OK, above retail for these). I have now "closed the book". Will only reopen it for those remaining pit droids...

Darth Ray

konas2002
04-28-2001, 11:09 PM
I need 7 more.

------------------
Konas/2002
"We're all fine down here..how are you?"

Need vintage card backs for your figures? Download them at http://www.geocities.com/konas2002

Mike_S
04-30-2001, 12:52 AM
I have all of the 3 3/4" figures from the Episode I line now all I need is the Eopie with Qui-Gon and the Faamba.
Im getting the Faamba real soon http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

05-01-2001, 04:59 AM
I just need soft goods qui gon, battle damaged destroyer droid, holo sidious and naboo royal guard. I suppose there isn't anyone out there that could help a poor old aussie out here to close the book on my ep1 collection is there? If so give me an e-mail. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

------------------
Whats the deal with corn nuts?

05-04-2001, 04:18 PM
i just need five more:

1) tc-14
2) r2-B1
3) Qui-Gon Soft Goods
4) Jar Jar Swimming
and
5) Destroyed Droid Damaged (which i can get right now if i wanted to but the price is like 15 bucks)