PDA

View Full Version : Fambaa & Gungan Warrior

Daigo_Bah
03-13-2001, 07:40 PM
Well, $37.50 plus shipping, for a total of about fifty clams isn't bad. I've been waiting for the official discount for some time now, and it beats right over $80 at regular price plus tax. I can close the book on Ep1 collecting as soon as my mom finds an Eopie when she goes to Europe next week!

Phil
03-13-2001, 09:35 PM
I got my grandma to order my son a Faamba for his birthday about 3 weeks ago. I wish I had Known they were going on sale I could have saved her some money http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

Boba_Binks
03-14-2001, 05:55 AM
The web site has them back up to $75.00 and my local FAO sold out at $37.00 each.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

Sprry75
03-14-2001, 07:31 AM
I got one. But what I want to know is did anyone score one for $18.75? The lady I ordered mine from said she'd been bombarded with calls (this was the Las Vegas store) and that she'd heard about the Georgia stores selling them for 75% off. She said they were going to get in trouble, but I still wish I'd called there while they were still doing it.

Capntarpals
03-14-2001, 09:04 AM
Okay, here's my hypothesis on the Georgia store:

A while ago( at least six months) it was reported that FAO was selling the Fambaa at 50% off. The only store I called that was doing this was the one in Georgia. I believe their price since then has been $37.50! Now, since the half-off is starting nationwide, the Georgia price, which is already half-off is now half off of that: $18 bucks!

I live in New Jersey, so I had the FAO in Georgia ship it up to me! I don't think they'll get in trouble, you'll just get an incredble discount on a must-have Episode 1 item.

So, try Georgia first, and if that fails, $37.50+ shipping is still a half-off bargain!

Good luck!

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

[This message has been edited by Capntarpals (edited 03-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Capntarpals (edited 03-14-2001).]

Daigo_Bah
03-14-2001, 10:37 AM
From what I could discern from ordering, the website never had it discounted, and the Georgia store was in fact the only one with the $18 price tag. They sold out a few days ago- I ordered mine from the new store in NY for the half price.

Jedi_Idej
03-14-2001, 02:33 PM
I called the Georgia store on Tuesday night and was told that they incorrectly priced the fambaas at a 75% discount. They ran out, well, because they had these real cheap. I was told they might get more, but will price 'em at 50% off.

jadesfire
03-14-2001, 05:43 PM
I ordered mine from the Chicago FAO and it was $37.50 plus tax and shipping...I started to say "I would like to order a Star Wars.." and she cut me off and said "famba", I guess they had a lot of calls http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

jedi_shadow
03-15-2001, 09:02 PM
I finally got one after some calls. The two stores in Georgia and one more store that I forgot who are completely out as of Wednesday. I got mine from the Virginia Fao. Good Luck.

Darth_Meskin
03-16-2001, 01:59 AM
Call the Connecticut store. I ordered two today and they said they have 7 or 8 left. Hopefully they're still there. (BTW, this was after calling about five or six other stores on that FAO list--all sold out.)

The_Man_with_No_Name
03-17-2001, 10:14 AM
Can someone tell me what the big deal is with the Faamba? Even at $40 after tax, or $50 if you ordered one, I still don't think it's worth it. The starship is what I consider a great $50 toy, and the Faamba doesn't even come close in quality. It has no articulation, and the figure is pretty plain looking. If I found it for $18 I'd get it, but even at half of $75 I don't think it's a good deal for what you get.

Capntarpals
03-17-2001, 10:55 AM
"Who's the more foolish; the completist, or the completist who follows it?"

Completists such as myself need this. I hated spending $37.50 on it, because FAO is overpriced, but I'm happy to have it!

Plus, the army builders out there can tip he scales in the Gungan's favor by having a few Fambaas on their battlefield!

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

Jedi_Idej
03-17-2001, 11:36 AM
Grand Moff Fett: All in the loopiness of being a star wars collector. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Considering the Han/Tauntaun POTF2 beast pack fetches about $50, E-wing action fleet about $75, and the Rancor and Bantha initially retailed for $30, $40 isn't too bad for the fambaa. True, the fambaa doesn't have articulation, but how much more playability or scene-enacting displayabiltiy does the bantha have with it's joints? (Shoulder and knee joints are what these creatures need.)

In fairness, the fambaa is very nicely and accurately detailed. And it -- not necessarily the generator -- has got to be the most durable toy in the line. Man, this thing is thick. Unlike the AT-AT, this is one toy I'd let my 3-y.o. nephews wrestle with.

Matt_Fury
03-18-2001, 01:53 AM
I want to get 4 Fambaas...about a half-dozen Falumpasets, 20 or so Kaduus...and 4,000 gungan warriors and I'm halfway to that Naboo land battle diorama! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

Mike_S
03-18-2001, 10:49 PM
Im from Australia and two weeks ago I went to visit some friends in NY.I went down to the FAO Schwartz store ....low and behold there he was for $75.00.The guy behind the counter said "Oh the Faamba isn't reduced but all of the other Green carded stuff is"
I had already spent big on SW toys by this stage.
Days after I get back home,I read the the Faamba is 50% off.
Well...Im still happy with the stuff I found.

Oh by the way....great Pizza : ) hahahaaaa

Matt_Fury
03-23-2001, 03:42 PM
I got mine delivered yesterday....since I do not live near an FAO, i had only seen this item in pictures...WOW! I had no idea it was so huge!! While I'm looking for a place to display it, I have it on the floor of my "office" posed like it's attacking my At At1 http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif
Also, a word of advice for people who may want to buy one to keep in the package....the FAO that sent me mine gave me on where the package had seen quite a bit of shelf wear (I'd rate it C8.5+ or so....not real up on my grading right now); it didn't bother me too much because i was opening it anyway, but if you want a C-10 box, you may want to go get one yourself.

------------------

"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

03-25-2001, 03:36 PM
I picked up one this weekend in Kansas City. MAN, this is awesome.... Plus it comes with a cool Gungan. Well worth the 300 mile round trip...

03-25-2001, 06:51 PM
I ordered one from Georgia thanks to a little bird on BHC in 2000. The week before this week, I took a look at the FAO in Boston, and POTJ was not on the 50% sale, but I submitted to an urge to get a Fambaa. I had decided to do that because a pair is integral to the Gungan defense shield.

rmschneider104
03-25-2001, 07:36 PM
I ordered one (at 50% off) via the FAO website. It showed that it is backordered until April 1st, so I don't know if I'll get it or not. Fingers are crossed!

03-25-2001, 11:17 PM
When did you order? I ordered one yesterday and my status isn't backordered. I kinda wouldn't mind it getting backordered cause I'm trying not to spend all my money at once.

rmschneider104
03-26-2001, 01:06 AM
I ordered about 5:00am Sunday morning.

wook22
04-04-2001, 09:58 AM
I just picked this up for half price. I think it's pretty cool. I've never seen a creature this size with a 3/4" figure. It's huge. Anyone else own this creature set? What do you think?

------------------
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

04-04-2001, 10:09 AM
I got it. I like it. Even at half price its still on the expensive side. Very cool though.

04-04-2001, 10:18 AM
As an aside, I have three rules when collecting:

1. Always buy 2 there are, 1 for opening, 1 for packaging, no more, never less.

2. Price point is $50.00 on a SW Lego set. It's the principle of the thing. Boo-hoo Sorry, Lego at $100.00 ya had me, then ya lost me.

3. Never, Ever buy anything associated with Ewoks or Gungans. Supporting such story killers will only ensure further degredation.

sorry, I know not your pt, but had to be said.

Ewoks!? Why'd it have to be Ewoks!!!???

------------------
You weren't on any MERCY mission this time.

Matt_Fury
04-04-2001, 02:12 PM
I got this as soon as they went 1/2 price (of course, there are no FAO's near me...so there was a LOT of phone-calling done to get one!), and I love it!! Great detail, and the Gungan warrior is a cool figure...my only gripe is that the Fambaa's legs have no articulation, but this is a minor gripe. A definite great piece in my collection!!!

------------------

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

jedicat
04-04-2001, 03:51 PM
How does the Gungan Warrior compare to the carded version. Is he identical? Is he similar?

------------------
Stay on target...stay on target!!

trekie2
04-04-2001, 07:08 PM
I mail ordered one from FAQ because they have no outlets in Canada. This is a pretty lame piece - it has no articulation and other than the size has no redeaming qualities. The Gungan Warrior is your standard pack in, not great but not that bad either. Seems I am at a point were I will buy anything Star Wars and Hasbro knows it so they could produce crap and I (we) would still buy it. Do I regret buying it...No, it does make a nice display piece, worth the $37.50 + shipping....no.

Matt_Fury
04-04-2001, 09:49 PM
Since I do not have the Carded Gungan Warrior Jedicat, I have to go by the pictures, and I think it's a different figure.
Sory you feel that way Trekkie, but I have to disagree. Granted, I think it would be better with some articulation (especially in the legs), but if you think about it, how much running did you see the Fambaa do in Episode 1??? This thing has a LOT of detail to it, and will look good in a Ground Battle Diorama! (All I need is 3 more Fambaas, about a dozen falumpasets, 20 or so Kaaduu's and 4,000 gungan warriors and I'm half way there!!!!!!!) http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif

------------------

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

04-05-2001, 05:06 AM
The pack-in is a totally different figure from the carded Gungan. The carded Gungan is a bit bulkier. I love the Fambaa, and we now have 4 of them. I think the detail is great, although a little bigger and a little articulated would have been nice.

09-23-2001, 10:30 PM
Um,this figured does exist does it not,because I can not find this figure on ebay nor at the Jawa.com...

Dax
09-23-2001, 11:31 PM
Actually no, it doesn't exist. There is a Power of the Jedi Gungan Warrior but not an Episode 1 version. There are Episode 1 versions of Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals and Boss Nass but no generic Gungan Warrior. Is that the sort of answer you were looking for?

Dax

GNT
09-24-2001, 12:56 AM
No I don't believe that A commtech Gungan Warrior on Card exists at all only the Tusken Raider,Coruscant Gaurd,Mas Amedda appear on the EP1 Commtech Cards images/icons/smile.gif

Was that what your looking for?

Draven
09-24-2001, 01:28 AM
There was a E1 Gungan Warrior. Just not on a card. He came with the Fambaa. I like him. images/icons/smile.gif
Draven

JediTricks
09-24-2001, 01:57 AM
There was prototype packaging done for the now-POTJ Gungan Warrior complete with new oval commchip, it was never released though.

09-24-2001, 09:39 AM
Thanks all for the responses..
Im almost certain I read something about it somewhere but cant remember.I could of swore that I saw pictures of this figure and It was not the potj one though,because I didnt know about the potj gungan warrior till a month ago...Although it does seem pretty dumb that their was no gungan warrior to go along with the line,since they did appear in the movie..
I don't know,maybe it WAS,the mock up that I saw or was reading about that Jedi was talking about,but I'm pretty sure it was on a red card though..Oh well,good thing for me, now I have one less figure to get...Yipeee!!

Draven
09-24-2001, 08:16 PM
I remember seeing some custom carded Gungan Warrior (fambaa one) figures on E1 cards on Ebay a while back. Maybe you saw that one some where. I saw a few at Flea marts too.
Draven

Gadders
10-18-2001, 03:29 AM
Finally got a Fambaa today.
Its really cool. Not quite as big as I was expecting, but still really cool.

What do you other guy think of these?

rmschneider104
10-18-2001, 04:09 AM
Congrats on getting this big toy. I finally picked mine up several months ago when it went 50% off. I like it just for the size of it. It would have been nice to have some more articulation, but still a nice piece.

JesseJames
10-18-2001, 05:40 AM
I like mine, it's alright for an E1 toy, and for 50% off, was kinda worth it... My gripes are its HORRIBLY underscaled, they could've done better, ESPECIALLY for that initial pricetag (thing shoulda been true scale for that price, what's up with FAO anyway, their markup's outrageous)and NO articulation sucked BIG time... 4 leg joints woulda been sweet...

They made the Gungan assault cannon so it sits on a Fambaa should you be on enough crack to have purchased several of them to recreate the shield scene... I'm not sure what they were thinking though, as I'm sure they expected those to sell better, but at that price only the rich would've been getting multiples

The Gungan soldier with it is pretty neat too, so overall, I give this beast about an 7... He lost a point for articulation, or lack there of, and he lost a point for cost... He also lost a point for horrible scale (If you're not gonna articulate it, at least make it nearer to proper size)

Snagging one for cheap though (I believe mine ended up only $35, even with shipping) was pretty nice...

Loopy_Leia
10-18-2001, 07:45 AM
Ok, call me stupid yet again but what is a Fambaa??? HAHAHAHA. I guess I need to watch more of Star Wars and then I wouldn't feel so stupid. images/icons/smile.gif

JesseJames
10-18-2001, 02:55 PM
The REALLY big dinosaur loooking thing the gungans had that deployed their protective shield against the battle droids (One got its back blown up when its shield generator exploded)

Dan2een
10-18-2001, 03:31 PM
I just got mine two days ago, also for half price. I love it, all but the size, coulda been bigger. I'm not one whose big on articulation so that didn't bother me much.
All in all it is a great addition to my collection.

Krilzedlim
10-18-2001, 04:01 PM
Is that sheild generator even able to come out though? Other than that, it really does need articulation, but, other than that, I still think i got ripped off, even at half price, oh well.

I like the box though.

DarthPickles
10-23-2001, 09:31 AM
I can forgive the size if it had articulation or at least a better paint app. I did a lot of crack one day and ended up with two Fambaas. Fortunately, though, I'm deliriously wealthy.

The Gungan Soldier is cool. I wish the Gungan Asault Cannon Thingy had come with another Gungan Soldier rather than Jar Jar.

RebelTrooper
10-23-2001, 08:33 PM
It's funny you mention that because I bought an extra Gungan Warrior and an extra Gungan Assault Cannon recently so that I could have a Gungan Warrior manning a Gungan Assault Cannon! I was trying to find an excuse to pick up another Assault Cannon since I found them on clearance at TRU for $1.97. I think it will look really cool when I set them up together.

John

Johnboy_Walton
07-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Hey just curious, my brother just picked up a gungan for a quarter at a goodwill, at first I thought it was the gungan warrior from the POTJ line, but then I realized it wasn't. I'm guessing that it must be from the Faamba(?) or Falumpaset(?) creatures, of course, which I've never seen. images/icons/rolleyes.gif In fact, I'm not sure if they even came with figures. I tried to find a good picture but couldn't. Does anyone know, or could post a pic? Thanks.

bobaphat28
07-14-2003, 11:44 AM
If it isnt Capt Tarpals then it has to be the Gungan from the Faamba. The Falumpaset has a Gungan but it is only half of a figure fixed to the basket thingy on the side of the Falumpaset. I believe the figure is wearing a greenish colored mask over its eyes, if memeory serves me right. A nice find for a quarter.

Johnboy_Walton
07-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks bobaphat28, He does have a greenish hood. Actually he's not too bad of a figure. It's just now I wish I HAD bought the POTJ Gungan warrior. I actually saw him the other day at a tru, but decided not to buy him. Maybe he'll still be there. images/icons/grin.gif

aznbala503
07-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Check out the visual guide on the homepage. They have pics of everything. Sounds like the Gungan from Faamba.

Deak_Starkiller
07-20-2003, 08:28 AM
The Faamba Gungan pack-in has no articulation for the legs, if memory serves, so that's an easy way to tell from a regular Gungan warrior (the POTJ figure).

Til next report...

Johnboy_Walton
07-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Arknew:
The Faamba Gungan pack-in has no articulation for the legs, if memory serves, so that's an easy way to tell from a regular Gungan warrior (the POTJ figure).

Til next report... <font size="2" face="arial">Well, I'm positive that it's not the POTJ gungan warrior, but mine does have leg articulation, unlike the Jar Jar from invasion force cannon.

I looked at a pic of the faamba, or the other one, can't recall it's name, but I think it's from one of those.

Now, why does it seem that Jar Jar's head is twice as big as every other regular gungan? images/icons/grin.gif

my_kind_of_scum
09-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Am I the only one who liked this toy? I know there wasn't a lot of play-ability to it, but it was great to me having such a huge beast to add to dioramas. I only picked up one and wish they were still cheap. Anyone seen them at FAO lately? (I doubt it, but some were still hanging around not too long ago)

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
09-15-2003, 07:30 AM
I liked it. I bought a couple when they were $35.

Ramm
09-15-2003, 03:56 PM
I would have loved to find one. It still remains a gap in my Ep I collection.

Darth_Schitzo
09-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I was able to nab one at a comic shop MIB for 20. I happen to enjoy it as well.

jeditronzo
09-16-2003, 05:26 PM
I really dig my fambaa. I scored it when it was on sale. I also wish I would have picked up a second one.

Yak
09-18-2003, 12:20 AM
I love this toy!! I only got him last year and here in the UK so cost me about 60/$90 which I feel was worth it!
And one things for sure - there's more chance of them re-releasing the Ewok village than this guy (sadly)!

Hip_about_Time
09-18-2003, 10:59 AM
If I could just keep my AT ATs from ******* it it would be the greatest beast ever...

Desert_Trooper
09-18-2003, 04:54 PM
I think the Fambaa is one of the best large pieces Hasbro ever made for the Star Wars line. I'm glad I was able to add some to my collection.

bobafett14
09-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Hip_about_Time:
If I could just keep my AT ATs from ******* it it would be the greatest beast ever... <font size="2" face="arial">hehe....the "fam*****"...she could also give birth to little "fambATs"

I got mine as a gift, I think the wife paied about $50 for it, unfortunately she didn't get it as low as she could of, but hey, it was a nice gift, I love it, stands WAY out with the rest of the EP I stuff.

Jedi_Idej
09-19-2003, 12:37 AM
The figure blows and the lack of articulation on the fambaa is disappointing. It does have good detail (although the paint app on the scales isn't consistent), is heavy duty, and was a must-buy at the $35 clearance.

Thanos
09-19-2003, 07:20 AM
Yep I love the Fambaa, and it does not look out of place next to my Bantha & Rancor.

[ 09-19-2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Thanos ]

GNT
09-19-2003, 11:31 PM
I never bought it because I don't think it was sold here??? Even if it was it would probably be to rich for my blood anyway.

hansloroll
09-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Excellent toy that must be seen to be appreciated.I now need only to make the different back setup that was on half of the beasts that were involved in the Battle of Naboo.

Mike_S
09-21-2003, 02:02 AM
I was lucky enough to get one as a birthday gift from my friends who live in NYC.
The Faamba and the Queens Royal Starship to me are two of the nicest items in the Episode I toy line.

aznbala503
09-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Don't have one yet. I am working on it.

my_kind_of_scum
09-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Hansloroll:
Excellent toy that must be seen to be appreciated.I now need only to make the different back setup that was on half of the beasts that were involved in the Battle of Naboo. <font size="2" face="arial">Actually, you don't have to make it. The gungan cannon set with jar jar (same assortment as the naboo flash cannon, I think) fits on the back of the fambaa as the other half of the shield projector. I assume this was originally going to be packed in with the beast and then Hasbro realized they could make more money selling it seperately.

Hip_about_Time
09-22-2003, 08:53 AM
.....o dear, now I need another Fammba and that silly cannon...

09-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Actually, it wasn't the same assortment as the Flash Cannon - that was one of the two electronic accessory sets (the other being the Gungan Catapult). The Gungan Cannon with Jar Jar was one of the four Invasion Force figures.

But yes, I love the fambaa. I got it for christmas when it was new, and have proudly displayed it ever since. I do wish that I had a second one though...

RogueWompRat
09-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Never saw it. Now I wnat it. images/icons/frown.gif

10-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Yes, they are awesome. I paid $50 for mine at the FAO in the Glendale Galleria in California. They had about 20 at the time. Wish I could of held out for the $35 price tag, but I guess it is alot better than the original of $100 a pop.

iamjangofett75
03-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Sorry guys, I know there's an Episode One forum, but since this one gets considerably more hits I thought I'd ask my question to the largest audience possible.

I just got a loose Fambaa delivered to me. I won it on eBay. It came with the shield generator already attached to its back, but I've not been able to detach the generator.

Is there a trick to it? Do I just pull really hard? Obviously, I don't want to break it, but I know it's supposed to be removable.

I'd appreciate any help.

DELuke
03-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Sorry guys, I know there's an Episode One forum, but since this one gets considerably more hits I thought I'd ask my question to the largest audience possible.

I just got a loose Fambaa delivered to me. I won it on eBay. It came with the shield generator already attached to its back, but I've not been able to detach the generator.

Is there a trick to it? Do I just pull really hard? Obviously, I don't want to break it, but I know it's supposed to be removable.

I'd appreciate any help.

Did you try the boil and pop method?Just stick it in a pot of boiling water, wait a few minutes(2 at the most), then take it out,and the plastic should be soft enough for it to come out easily. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iamjangofett75
03-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Thanks Scorch, it's a nifty idea, but I'm an impatient person and so I stupidly pulled harder than I should have... and it came off.

Apparently pulling really hard is the trick. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I see no reason why it wouldn't reattach right away, but I'm afraid to pull it off again so I'll go ahead and stow it as-is until time to set up a diorama.

Administrators, thanks for your patience... and feel free to terminate this short lived and missplaced thread!

Michael_Knight
03-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Plus that, you probably would have needed a witch's cauldron and a campfire to use the boil and pop method on that.

JoeRhyno
03-08-2006, 02:35 AM
what... you dont have a Cat-sized pot for boiling??? Am I the only one?

Rebel_Commander
03-08-2006, 06:20 AM
forum commandoes ...where are you

FOO
03-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I love when a good rebelion starts up! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

trooper19
03-08-2006, 09:29 AM
forum commandoes ...where are you

I'm sure it wont be too much longer

GNT
03-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Sorry moved to the EP1 section.

MisterKenobi
03-09-2006, 01:57 AM
what... you dont have a Cat-sized pot for boiling??? Am I the only one?

MMM boiled cat. My favorite! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

New_Bornalex
03-18-2006, 02:21 PM
If you don't want to reattach the drum, there's one other option. You know how in the film, there are always two Fambaas working in tandem to create the shields? The one in front fires a beam backwards into the 'drum' generator like the toy comes with, which then broadcast the umbrella shield up and back down over the battlefiend.

Well, one of the cooler things of the Episode I toy line wasn't even advertised by Hasbro: the Gungan Assault Cannon toy was a perfect, albeit scaled down, representation of the beam emitter part of the shield team.

http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/EP1fambaacannon.jpg
This Rebelscum photo shows it perched atop a 'drumless' Fambaa, even though it's facing forward instead of to the rear. If you have a Gungan Assault Cannon, just perch it on top, and maybe buy another Fambaa and permanently attach the drum.

That's what I did, but they're both boxed up at the moment.

Alex

DarthVice
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
cool

MisterKenobi
03-20-2006, 06:17 AM
That is really cool. I didn't know that.

eleavitt2000
04-11-2006, 04:09 PM
How much would a Fambaa or two cost these days? I would like to buy one or two.

NuteGunray
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
They're a little pricey on Ebay, around $60. You can get good deals in the Modern Classifieds though. I got my Fambaa recently for $40! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dr_Zoltar
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Much cheaper than retail now though. I still have my sights on getting one sometime.

BlackLodgeTP2908
03-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey all, I was just wondering if anybody knows how to remove the generator from the top of the fambaa. I see it can be replaced with the gungan cannon and would like to try that, but the generator doesn't seem to come off with out using a lot of force (and thus risk breaking it). I also tried using THE force, but that didn't seem to work either. Any ideas?

joekiss
03-27-2009, 12:01 PM
I never got mine off.

Also be careful with the staff. it breaks quite easily.

palps45895
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Mine comes off with a little force, no problem. And then pops right back on...

my_kind_of_scum
04-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, mine has been boxed up for awhile, but I remember changing it out with the cannon without much problem. It could be that the plastic has sort of fused together a bit - is it stored somewhere hot? Does the piece rotate? If you're worried about breaking the plastic, you could try immersing the top in very hot water, making the plastic more pliable..

Michael_Knight
04-16-2009, 03:18 AM
LOL! I have owned that cannon this whole time and never realized it could be switched out for the generator on the Faamba.

eleavitt2000
08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I got my second Fambaa. I have not yet attached my "Gungan Shield Generator." Is there a cannon out there that attaches to the Fambaa? I have an old Episode I toy that looks like it might work, but I am not sure.

N1starfighter
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
The one that comes with a Jar Jar Binks figure in the window box package fits onto the Fambaa saddle if I remember correctly.

Lt__Brenn_Tantor
08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
I got my second Fambaa. I have not yet attached my "Gungan Shield Generator." Is there a cannon out there that attaches to the Fambaa? I have an old Episode I toy that looks like it might work, but I am not sure.

http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/EP1ifjarjarloose-m.jpg (http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIinvgungancannon.asp)

Tyranusspotting
08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
I gotta give it to Hasbro, that was a very smart idea to have the Shield Generator be part of a deluxe figure.

eleavitt2000
08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Yes, I've the cannon. It doesn't seem to actually attach. I wonder if my cannon is missing a piece or if it just sort of sits on top.

New_Bornalex
09-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I did this same thing back in the day with a spare Fambaa. Just sort of sits up there.

Alex

Ben_iR
09-25-2010, 12:35 PM
never knew this!

Great to still be finding out new stuff about this great line 11 years on!