PDA

View Full Version : A star wars moment worth forgetting.

03-01-2001, 02:00 PM
Vintage Death star ! oh man i had one of them.if you meen the playset for the figures.I had the cardboard Palitoy (i think) version with the moving trash compactor and the plastic funnel/tube that connected to it,which was never big enough to fit figures through it no matter how many times i got them jammed in there.oh happy days.

------------------
"PERHAPS I CAN FIND NEW WAYS TO MOTIVATE THEM"

03-01-2001, 08:09 PM
Passing up on all those $0.99 clearance sales vintage carded figures in 1984 and 1985. Jeeze. Who'd a thunk that 15-20 years later I'd be spending 100x that amount to get them???

03-02-2001, 01:39 AM
Do you have an SW moment you'd rather forget.Such as being duped into buying an expensive fake,or lending a mate a special item of your collection only never to see them again,or perhaps even dressing up as Obi Wan Kenobi only to accidently turn up at a Star Trek convention.We all have a story to tell.Mine begins a long time ago in a garden far far away.A young lad (me) was playing outside with his beloved Star Wars action figures.The rebel troops had been ejected from their secret base and the imperial forces were closing in for the final assault,when suddenly a giant meteor shower came crashing down destroying everything in its path,thus ending the battle forever.Basically this involved me picking up big rocks and dropping them from a great height onto the figures below until they were smashed to pieces.A few moments of madness for a lifetime of bitter regret.What SW related moment would you rather forget.

------------------
Perhaps i can find new ways to motivate them.

apokolips
03-02-2001, 01:50 AM
Ah yes, hindsight. I had a very complete vintage figure collection when I was young. I played the hell out of them. I always took them outside, playing in the dirt, sand, digging trenches, whatever the day brought me. I often left them outside without a second thought. One day, I went out to see all (and I mean ALL) of my figures had been chewed up. Legs, arms, heads, and torsos looked like old bubble gum all over the ground. Even my Clash of the Titans figures were casualties. Then I saw the culprit, Spoodle, my neighbor's Cocker Spaniel. He must have been chawing down all night. Why, I ask?!? They don't taste like anything!!! Arrgh!!!

Anyway, I have very few remaining vintage figures. I even avoided renewing my vintage collection because of bitter memories. Only recently have I began to rebuild my loose vintage collection, thanks to my wife. She bought me the vintage Death Star for Christmas, and it sort of refueled my interest.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force! (http://www.homestead.com/wickedforce)

SpaceGhost2K
03-06-2001, 01:58 AM
Throwing away the vinyl capes from my two Jawas because they had little tears in their arm holes http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

03-07-2001, 02:21 PM
Throwing away all the Snowtrooper skirts because I thought they looked stupid. I would open the package and throw it right in the trash can. Dumb.

Second would be not getting the Skiff when I saw it (only once) at TRU around 1985.

I guess passing up all the .99 cent figs on clearance at TRU but then again i was a young teen and toys weren't as big a part of my life as say girls and sports.