PDA

View Full Version : Prices going up at KB's! :(

Boba_Binks
01-18-2001, 03:24 PM
This week I visited three of the seven local KB Toys / ToyWorks in my area. To my surprise the three I visted had all their E1 merchandise back up to the original prices.
Figures $7.99
Beast Packs $19.99
Falumpaset $29.99
Cinema Scenes $24.99
Deluxe Figures $14.99
12" TC-14 $29.99
Trophy Maul $12.99
ECT.

So does any one know why KB's are raising their prices? Are the sales finally over?

It sucks! I was hoping to get some Battle Droids, Swiming Jar Jar, and some other stuff.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

Log
01-18-2001, 04:07 PM
I would say that it's due to strong sales. Whenever I visit any of my KB stores they're almost always sold out of ANY Star Wars items and I know for a fact that they ordered a TON of stuff.

I lucked out on the deluxe figs though as I recently picked them up for $3.99 each.

It's like last year when they had the 2 for 5 deal but then raised prices of the Freeze Frame figs to $3.99.

------------------
"POS car, I had a POS car"-Adam Sandler

[This message has been edited by PhoenixCollector (edited 01-18-2001).]

01-22-2001, 06:38 PM
We should be thankfull, At Least they lowered the price for some time. And they gave us a lot of Former Exclusives. I saved A LOT of money during that sale.

------------------
"There are three ways of doing things: The Right Way, the Wrong Way, and the Max Power Way"

"Isnī* That the Wrong Way?"

"Yes! But faster!"

-Homer and Lisa Simpson

[This message has been edited by Darth Sliver (edited 01-22-2001).]

Matt_Fury
02-13-2001, 07:59 PM
All the stuff at my KB is still at sale price...but they don't have much of anything....and what they do have...I don't need or collect. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

jedicat
02-14-2001, 04:08 PM
I wonder when KB is going to get some current product in. After one wave of POTJ they have not gotten anything SW in quite a while. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

------------------
You must unlearn what you have learned...