PDA

View Full Version : Sio Bibble

jedicat
01-02-2001, 03:35 PM
At long, long, long last I have this most elusive E1 figure! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif Finally I can close the book, so to speak, on the E1 line.

------------------
They're heading for that small moon...

01-10-2001, 07:43 PM
Congrats man. Never ever seen him at retail http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/mad.gif

01-11-2001, 08:30 AM
swimming jar jar is mine i can also close the book I now have all of them woho

jedicat
01-11-2001, 03:57 PM
Isn't it a great feeling? http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif
Let's hope POTJ and E2 are not like this!

------------------
They're heading for that small moon...

01-24-2001, 04:09 AM
Damn you, both of you. lol. I want those 2 figures!

MacLeod
01-24-2001, 05:23 AM
I didn't think Bibble was that rare.

Swimming Jar Jar, though, I've never seen even in the online shops I go to.

02-07-2001, 02:33 PM
I never saw Bibble in the stores. Yes, he was rare, as far as I'm concerned. I had to order him for about $8 online (not including shipping) last Spring...

Qui_Tom_Jinn
02-07-2001, 08:54 PM
I had to trade for one. Never say TC-14 or R2-B1 either.

------------------
This space for rent.

02-07-2001, 11:00 PM
I have still not seen either of these.

ilndjedi
02-10-2001, 02:41 AM
When they came out, I was at k-mart and they had TONS of TC-14's and R2-B1's. I only had enough money for one, so I got TC-14.

------------------
Awww, ya got Arby's all
over me!

02-11-2001, 07:39 PM
I just need holo sidious, naboo royal guard, battle damaged destroyer droid, jedi master qui gon and thats it! I have been able to close the book on POTF2 though. That was a great feeling! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
Messa going home!

redalton
02-12-2001, 08:43 PM
I have to agree with Jedicat as mentioned earlier. I really hope the new POTJ & EPII lines don't offer the same "I can't seem to find this guy anywhere!" stuff.

I think we can all agree that we're tired of all the scalpers bleeding us dry for these EPI HTF Figures. Lets hope Hasbro's distribution improves so these scalpers won't have the opportunity again. (Man I hate scalpers!)

Sorry for the rant, congrats on finishing ur collection. I hope to join in the "I'm Done" celebration soon.

Matt_Fury
02-12-2001, 10:54 PM
I think the "hard to find figure" is a universal constant through all of the major lines!!! I can remember as a kid, my best friend and I were always on the lookout for a figure that wasn't in our collective collection! I doubt we'll see much change from that. Although it can be frustrating, I think that's half the fun of collecting figures...the treasure-hunting!

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

Darth_Ray
02-18-2001, 07:32 AM
Well, these figures were all at retail. When these were coming out, I had decided not to bother with E1. The POTF2 clearences were going on, I was new to collecting, and I was having a ball. I wasn't even paying attention to the E1 stuff. One day, I was at Wall Mart, saw the soft goods wave. Laughed at the resculps and left. Later (?few weeks), I was at K-Mart and saw Sio, Amidala (grapling hook) Pit Droids, TC-14, R2-B1. Passed, then though that the droids were cool, went back, and finally got them all. A few weeks later, I saw Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid at Wal Mart as well as soft goods Qui Gon. Got the Droid, passed on soft goods. Don't remember seeing JarJar, as I said, I wasn't even really paying attention to E1 at that point. Stopped collecting with Holo Sidious and Naboo Royal Guard (which collected dust in my neck of the woods for a little while). I didn't even think twice about these figs until months later when I decided to see what else I missed in E1 and realised I got all these rare figs! The only one I don't remember seeing at retail was Jar Jar, but I wasn't even looking for him, so he may have been there with the Destroyer Droid...

Looking back on it, I can't believe how lucky I was to find them and get them when I wasn't even looking for them.

So, yes, all these figs were at retail...

Darth Ray

Matt_Fury
02-18-2001, 02:18 PM
To have this line comlete all I need are:
Softgoods Qui Gon
Destroyer Droid Battle Damaged
Soft Goods Amidala
Swimming Jar Jar

And I'm pretty sure that's it....if I find them I find them....if not I'm not all that worried. (Frankly, I think one Jar Jar in the collection is enough! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif )

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

02-18-2001, 09:02 PM
Thought I would hit a gold mind at my TRU today, they had buy 2 E1 for $3, but all they had was anakin pilot and darth maul sith lord. Very disappointing. I thought for sure they would have E1 collection 2. Not a good day. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif

------------------
Hard to see the dark side is, hmmm?

02-18-2001, 09:22 PM
Hey Darth Ray, where do you live?

------------------
Do you feel lucky punk, well, do you?

rmschneider104
02-19-2001, 09:36 AM
I, too, was hoping to find some of the later waves of E1 figures at TRU (with their sale), but I pretty much struck out. Unless you need a Tatooine Maul or a Captain Tarpals. I didn't even see any of the CTC cases some folks have found. I walked out empty handed (yet again).

Darth_Ray
02-19-2001, 06:36 PM
I'm from Minneapolis (nothern suburbs). Home of Target, which has some advantages...

ilndjedi
02-21-2001, 02:38 AM
I FINALLY got Sio Bibble today! I had to resort to Ebay. He is pretty cool. I can't think of anything more to say 'cause I'm tired.

------------------
Awww, ya got Arby's all
over me!

06-21-2001, 09:32 AM
Is the Sio Bibble Figure Rare?

------------------
The coolest member ever
of the Jedi Council!!!!!

Chris_Berry
06-21-2001, 09:33 AM
Yes

------------------
"Do or Do Not, there is no try."
Visit my web page
http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/JediChris113
cberry87@cs.com

PodRacer_X
06-21-2001, 10:07 AM
Sio Bibble is rarer than most EP:1 items, which means that he's a bit harder to find, but not really rare in the literal sense of the word. Expect to have a hard time finding him from online dealers, and to shell out a bit more for him than most other figures on eBay. You won't find him at Walmart, though some folks hold out hope he'll show up in clearence bins at TRU in the near future.

Dirty_Sith
06-23-2001, 01:21 AM
Scalpers are very organized, and i'm not talking about the run of the mill scalper. They have inside tracks on that stuff and i'm sure if there were a wharehouse filled with Bibbles that thaey will wind up on EBAY before you will ever se them in a bin full of Mauls.

Log
06-23-2001, 01:43 AM
I think Sio Bibble is one figure that can truely be called rare. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit TRU but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show up as he was part of the last waves of EI and he was probably made in smaller numbers than the rest of the figures.

Only saw him once at retail and that was at a Wal-Mart SuperCenter. Saw him plenty of times at collectible shops though...

Super_Hot_Bacon
06-24-2001, 09:40 PM
I only saw him once, and that was in a comic book shop. I passed because his $10 price tag was too steep. Sometimes I can be too cheap. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif

bobafett14
06-26-2001, 02:49 PM
So far he is. Give it time.

Qui_Tom_Jinn
06-27-2001, 04:29 PM
Never saw the guy at retail. Had to trade to get mine. In fact, out of that entire wave I only saw 1 of the Pit droid 2 pack. Nothing else.

------------------
I love it when a plan comes together.

wampa_ems
06-28-2001, 12:36 AM
i found bibble and the pit droids 2-pack at k-mart not too long ago.

06-28-2001, 01:15 AM
Had to trade to get mine too, I wonder if we'll see them on TRU clearance?

06-28-2001, 08:54 AM
I got my sio bibble off good old musasa. He certainly helped me fill a hole in my collection with that one. If your out there musasa, thanks again buddy http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
Whats the deal with corn nuts?

musasa
06-28-2001, 08:16 PM
No problem Red 5. I do what I can. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
Forum Moderator, BHC
musasa@collectstarwars.com
At night, when the urge is strongest and the thought of fresh brains is upon me, I transform into... Ewok Zombie!

06-28-2001, 08:37 PM
Check out how stupid I am...I saw a lot of that wave when it came out, I was just really getting my teeth into SW collecting, and didn't get but one of each. I remember seeing a whole bin full of holo-sidious, naboo guard etc. and thinking, "Those are new and kinda neat. I'm not going to worry about these now I'll see them everywhere later." Well now its later and I'm not seeing them. If I only knew now what I did then, you would ALL have these "rare" figures! Sorry I let ya'll down. It was a shock at first when I found out so many people needed these figures...

bibfortuna
06-29-2001, 07:05 AM
I was stupid. Found Sio, Amidala Ascension, Naboo Guard (w/removeable helmet) and pit droids 2 pack at K-mart one day and bought them. Then got buyer's remorse for spending almost $35 or so on figures, SO I RETURNED THEM! D'oh!

I have the pit droids now, but I'm still looking for Sio, Amidala, and Guard. Bleagh.

08-25-2001, 09:15 PM
I would love to find Sio, R2-B1, and TC-14! But that will proboly be impossoble!

------------------
The coolest member ever
of the Jedi Council!!!!!

mrgonk
02-16-2002, 11:23 PM
I finally found a local seller who is NOT a scalper.

It was a little collector store way out in MT Vernon, OH that had lots of POTF2 and EP1 figures. I actually got a C10 US Card Sio Bibble for $7.00! I also picked up 2 Commtech Stormtroopers for $5.oo each. Everything there was very reasonably priced. I can see I'll be spending lots of $ there!

GNT
02-17-2002, 01:08 AM
Nice find,I whish I could find/get those figures images/icons/frown.gif

4__LOSW
02-17-2002, 02:26 AM
Can you get me A Sio Bibble? He is the only figure I don't have from POTF2-POTJ.LMK my friend.

Greejo
02-17-2002, 04:21 AM
Nice pickup on the Sio Bibble mr gonk. He's a good looking fig IMO, one of the better ones in the line.

Hey GNT were you still after a Watto's Box?

musasa
02-17-2002, 07:41 AM
Just a hint - Bibbles are being sold at cheap prices on the pegs in Japan. Find a friend there, and you'll be set. images/icons/smile.gif

GNT
02-18-2002, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greejo:
Hey GNT were you still after a Watto's Box?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well lets say I dont have the Wattos Box yet images/icons/frown.gif

rmschneider104
02-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Congrats on the cheap Sio score! I'm sure there are many of us that wish we could find that figure so cheap.

DarthDave
02-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Greetings, Mr Gonk. I live in Ashland, OH, and would be pleased to learn the name of that shop in Mt Vernon. Don't worry -- I wouldn't clean the place out! My carded collection is done (from my perspective: I've long since given up on completing the FF line), and I'm just hunting for stuff for my sons to open from now on. Did the store have any 12" figures? That's the latest craze. Since we're relatively close, if you ever want to work up a trade, let me know. My list is posted on the trading forum here.

Kind regards,
David

mrgonk
02-19-2002, 11:54 AM
DarthDave
I didn't even notice the name of the store images/icons/rolleyes.gif
It was at 5 North Main St. Mt Vernon, OH 43050 look it up on mapquest and you'll find it ok. I actually live in Downtown Columbus and it was worth the drive up there. He sells everything on consignment and doesn't take plastics so bring cash.

The Sio Bibble finally completed my EP1 lot. There were plenty of other HTF figures like Pit Droids, Holo Sidious, Swimming Jar Jar, Amidala Ascension, lots of FF and Flashback POTF2 stuff too.

CHEWIE
02-19-2002, 02:14 PM
That is a totally awesome find at that price and I am glad that another collector was able to find something for their collection.

Now if we could just get all those Sio Bibbles out of Japan and into clearance bins over here! images/icons/wink.gif

images/icons/tongue.gif

187_Maul
03-08-2002, 12:28 PM
guess what I found sio bibble here in france in toysrus for 5 euros - that's cheap
and look what what I found today too at toysrus - holo sid and swimming jar-jar for only 5 euros each !!! you can imagine my face when I saw them hanging there on their pegs...

BTW I'm new and want to know how do you attach pics to the messages ?

CHEWIE
03-08-2002, 07:21 PM
I'm not too sure how to attach them, but if you are in the market for a few trades, I am in need of those figures carded. If you are in need of something, please let me know at pike1067@hotmail.com.

The funny thing is these aren't actually for me, but I know another collector who will trade me some stuff I want for them. Let me know if you want to make a trade. Thank you for your time.

images/icons/tongue.gif

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: CHEWIE ]

echo1441
03-09-2002, 12:53 AM
i also could really use sio and the pit droids. don't have either yet. you can e-mail also if you want to work out a trade for something you need

Darth_ball
03-09-2002, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrgonk:
DarthDave
I didn't even notice the name of the store images/icons/rolleyes.gif
It was at 5 North Main St. Mt Vernon, OH 43050 look it up on mapquest and you'll find it ok. I actually live in Downtown Columbus and it was worth the drive up there. He sells everything on consignment and doesn't take plastics so bring cash.

The Sio Bibble finally completed my EP1 lot. There were plenty of other HTF figures like Pit Droids, Holo Sidious, Swimming Jar Jar, Amidala Ascension, lots of FF and Flashback POTF2 stuff too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were those other EP1 figures also $7.00, it just might be worth the drive to pick those up and finish off my EP1 collection.

DarthDave
03-10-2002, 01:39 AM
Thanks, Mr. Gonk, for sharing the location of the shop. I ventured down this morning and found a few good deals.

For Darth Ball and other interested parties, here's the scoop.

The owner's helper is actually selling off his collection, which includes a ton of stuff he picked up cheap at TRU, KB, Ames, and other shops. I wouldn't say that he's a scalper, but it's not all rosy, either. THe Darth Sid Holo was $18, Amidala Battle $25, Pit Droids $18, a whole set of EU figures at $18/each. Yes, I left ALL of those there!!! I'd lose my wife if I spent that kind of money on these toys.

He has a ton of the common Action Fleet ships at $5.50 each, a few battle packs at $3, a number of the MM little ship 3-packs at $2. There are probably 70-80 figures there, but all are priced at or above retail (and all the interesting ones are priced way above retail, like the DS Trooper at $25, Vader rem. hel. at $15). Even the POTJ figures are priced at above retail (I was shocked to find the RFTrooper and Amidala Travel Gown at $12 each).

So, there's a lot of stuff there if you feel the need to shop, or if you make a lot more money than this poor soul. And the gentleman is negotiable on these prices, but I wouldn't expect to get more than 20% knocked off any price (unless you are a far better negotiator than I). He tends to go by current book value, less about 20-25%.

Keep those tips coming, though!

bobafett14
03-10-2002, 01:51 AM
The only 2 ep I figs I couldn't get retail(or less) were amidala ext, and bibble. (I broke down and traded for a foriegn Bibble)

So for $7, what a steal!

187_Maul
03-15-2002, 01:11 AM
sorry for the late answer...
well I would love to trade them but I live in france so if you know any possible way to ship figs cheap to the US (for you to europe)
we could make something out

Rik
04-19-2002, 04:36 PM
I live in England and we never get anything rare.
So it was surprising when I went to toys r us and found Sio Bibble and Naboo Guard for £3 each. I bought them of course, how could I resist?

04-19-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Maul-fanatic:
guess what I found sio bibble here in france in toysrus for 5 euros - that's cheap
and look what what I found today too at toysrus - holo sid and swimming jar-jar for only 5 euros each !!! you can imagine my face when I saw them hanging there on their pegs...

BTW I'm new and want to know how do you attach pics to the messages ?<font size="2" face="arial">When you post a message, under the box where you type, there are the "add Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons, below them are other buttons, click on the "image button" write the URL of the image and you´re all set. images/icons/smile.gif

UZAY
04-20-2002, 09:26 AM
ı!m so glad that ı got the following figures for 5.99$ each!!! images/icons/grin.gif even they include 1 starcase!!!

-sio bibble
-amidala ascension
-holo sidious
-tc-14
-r2-b1
-swimming jar jar
-naboo security
-naboo guard

UZAY
04-20-2002, 09:27 AM
ı forgot to mention that they are C-9,5+ too images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

Beedo
04-21-2002, 07:13 PM
You can also try the www.redpumpkin.com (http://www.redpumpkin.com) people. I just got a second Bibble from them (gotta make a custom General Otto!) for a reasonable price.

Findswoman
04-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Beedo:
I just got a second Bibble from them (gotta make a custom General Otto!) for a reasonable price.<font size="2" face="arial">Just curious, Beedo, who is General Otto?

I'll be sure to check out the Pumpkin people. Thanks for the tip!

... the Findswoman

Beedo
04-21-2002, 08:55 PM
General Otto is a character from the Star Wars: Demolition video game. He's basically Sio Bibble in over-the-top military regalia and a helmet that looks like a cross between an AT-ST Driver's and a Death Star Trooper's. A fairly easy custom that will help swell my Imperial ranks. images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_Cycy
11-15-2002, 07:06 AM
Check my list in the trading section...
Have lots of E1 on european cards to trade

Thanks

Cyril

PHANTOM_HOPE
11-16-2002, 01:08 AM
I have the sio bibble, however at this point i'm only looking to slim down my collection, so I don't want to trade. If you'll pay cash make an offer. I have plenty of postive feed back in places such as ebay, I just wanted to check if this was an option first, Will present feedback before transaction.

Darth_Cycy
11-17-2002, 09:56 AM
phantom hope

Thanks for the offer but I trade only, I have tons to trade and I don't spend cash on buying

Thanks anyway

JoshEEE
11-18-2002, 02:45 PM
If you're posting this here (instead of in the trading forum) you might as well post a list of what you've got to trade to save us all the extra click. At least until the mods move this one.

Darth_Cycy
12-02-2002, 12:10 PM
can't post my trade list in here, trading list isn't that far and what are a few clicks in a man's life???

12-15-2002, 05:32 PM
which ones american version the version I have, or if there are other versions, which are the most sought after.

12-15-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm assuming it's just a sticker, correct?
If so then that doesn't make it worth any more, or less. It's just that it was purchased from a direct overseas outlet, at one point in time.

Obi_Robz
12-15-2002, 06:39 PM
I'd say the US cards without the stickers are the most sought after. Here in Europe we're fed up with multi-logo packaging and so any figures with foreign language stickers go for a lot less. Our stores have imported loads of Japanese labelled Ep1 figures because the pure US cards were always hard to get and sold out very quickly.

You can peel the stickers off but you have to be very careful. If you're going to try, you should heat the sticker with a hair dryer first as this helps to melt the glue. A warning though, I ruined my first Sio Bibble by removing the sticker so perhaps it's best not to try.

daftmaul
12-17-2002, 12:12 PM
yeah, just to second that, I ruined the back of Yoda with EP1 correction. Be careful!

UZAY
12-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Bubble of my old Nute Gunray melted from over heating images/icons/grin.gif

12-24-2002, 01:22 AM
I always tke that big black sticker off of the backs of the SAGA cards, even tho im an opener. but most of my ep1 figures had the chinese/japanese writing on the back.
And whats wrong with the multi-lingual cards? I think their OK.

images/icons/smile.gif

10-21-2003, 10:23 PM
There is a similar thread here on hardest to find aquisitions, but I wanted to ask about two figures in particular: Sio Bibble and Queen Amidala Battle (ascension guns). What are your experiences with these figures? I have yet to get either, since I certainly never saw them in retail and their respective prices on ebay are usually more than I want to pay. Have most of you gotten these figures? From ebay?
And do you think these would be good candidates for Hasbro re-releases? (doubtful at most)

GNT
10-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I haven't gotten them yet. I'd like to see them reissued in the Saga line to give people who missed it a hance to get them.

Obi_Robz
10-22-2003, 07:10 AM
I bought my first pair at retail (to open) back in 2000, but I had to use eBay to get them both carded sometime last year.

MarkG
10-22-2003, 07:36 AM
I managed to pick mine up for £1.99 each a few years back in a 'local' shop clearout. Also picked up BD Destroyer & Holo Sidious at that price too.

I was most happy considering the prices they command nowadays.

Only ever paid over retail for R2-B1 & TC-14.

bobafett14
10-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Definately the 2 hardest to get figures of the modern line (not counting all the weird variations out there)

The Bibble I had to trade to get on a foriegn card(I may go back and get the US version) and the Amidala I was lucky enough to get from Dave "bom bad boy" who presented it to me on behalf of my collecting group-just too darn nice of them.

I never saw either in stores well, actually I saw a completely crumpled Amidala ascention in KMart of all places, and passed because of the condition.

bobafett14
10-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_uk73:
I managed to pick mine up for £1.99 each a few years back in a 'local' shop clearout. Also picked up BD Destroyer & Holo Sidious at that price too.

I was most happy considering the prices they command nowadays.

Only ever paid over retail for R2-B1 & TC-14. <font size="2" face="arial">As far as the R2-B1 and TC-14 go, I was luck to find at a very out of the way shop when I wasn't really even looking. I found Motti, Hooded Leai, Tc, and B1 all at the same time for retail.

In addition, swimming Jar-Jar, and the damaged destroyer droid I found once at a TRU in the clearance bin for $1 when the yhad those huge EP I blowouts. Neve saw those again either.

The battle damaged Destroyer droid is funny, I still see people outthere that never knew this thing even existed, as it looks almost the same as the originally released D.D. with a few "blast marks thrown in.

The last few runs of the EP I line were fun to try and get. Lots of collections still without a handful of those figs.

dustrho
10-22-2003, 11:16 AM
I bought my Sio Bibble for $18 on eBay and the Queen Amidala Battle Ascention Gun for $20 at a local flea market. I thought the prices were reasonable, and my Episode 1 collection is complete (as far as single-carded figures go).

TopJedi
10-22-2003, 11:26 AM
I got lucky about 6 months ago at a toy show in Austin,Texas and bought a mint carded Amidala Battle figure for $2! The guy had a whole box ful of more common figures as well as BD's and DD's......I cleaned him out of army builders and the Amidala images/icons/wink.gif

I'm still in need of a few carded EP1 figs for my collection....such as Bibble,TC14,R2B1,and Swimming JarJar

10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks for your comments. Sounds like some of you have gotten pretty lucky. I was only lucky with the pit droid 2-pack, which I almost passed over, because I figured they would be warmers for sure. I didn't think anyone would ever want to buy those.

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
I haven't gotten them yet. I'd like to see them reissued in the Saga line to give people who missed it a hance to get them. <font size="2" face="arial">So that moves to the next question: do any of you think Hasbro would honestly reissue these two figures just for collectors? Since Sio Bibble is in AOTC (and possible ep. III) there may be reason to, but I would imagine it would be as a resculpt and not in his TPM outfit. Same goes for Amidala. Would these figures do well if put out in mass on new cards?

I would love to see it happen just to quiet the incredibly marked up ebay auctions, but I don't see Hasbro dusting off their molds for these two. It seems like the reissue campaign of theirs will be focused on main characters. A recent rumor list of the "Hall of Fame" series shows nothing outside of the luke-solo-leia-droids-vader figures that we all know Hasbro loves to keep on the shelves for the casual buyers.

I know you all would buy, we're collectors, but would anyone else? Thoughts?

[ 10-22-2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Carpeteria ]

Ramm
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
I got Sio Bibble right off the shelf at Wal-Mart. Never found Battle Amidala. Her and Swimming Jar Jar are the only two single figs I am missing. I open everything and will NOT buy one off of Ebay for $40 just to rip open the package. Patience will pay off. I will eventually find one at a good price, or die trying. images/icons/wink.gif

bobafett14
10-22-2003, 05:34 PM
I'm probably contradicting myself here, but
I don't think that pasrticular version of Amidala would be released, it seems to me to be too obscure a version. That said, Bibble I could see being relesed again, even as obscure a part he played, although he would probably be a pegwarmer the second time around.

JediJay65
10-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Found both at retail and TC-14 and R2-B1, to I have 1 carded and 1 loose of each figure. I also found a loose Amidala Battle for $9.95 at a flea market in Florida.
I would be fine with a re-release of these figures. I agree I could see Sio making it but the Battle Amidala was too unique. I would also re-release TC-14 and R2-B1 in the Saga Line as well. Don't know when that will happen since next years Saga focuses on the OT mainly. Then 2005 will be Ep. III.

GNT
10-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Would these figures do well if put out in mass on new cards?<font size="2" face="arial">I think they'd sell well,it'll sort of be like the Vader and Maul repacks from the Saga line,they've been made before but were hard to obtain so people will pick up an extra set to have.

tk421_1_2
10-23-2003, 12:27 AM
i got Ascension Gun Amidala, Sio Bibble, the Pitdroid 2pack, holo sidious and Naboo Royal Guard on clearance at Target for $3 bucks per figure during spring of '00. They were still trying to clearance out the older Ep. 1 figures at the time so these ended up ringing up for the clearance price. I went back in and bought the rest up. images/icons/grin.gif

R2B1 and TC-14 and Swimming Jar Jar I got for $1.99 ea. at TRU during those great blowout days. My TRU got in only one case of ea. though.

Yea i may have gotten lucky but those are the only times i've ever seen these figures and I'm really not surprised these things are selling for that much on ebay. Actually, i think you get a bargain if you can get any of the mentioned figures for less than $30.

10-23-2003, 12:37 AM
I think they'd sell well,it'll sort of be like the Vader and Maul repacks from the Saga line,they've been made before but were hard to obtain so people will pick up an extra set to have. <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, but look at those characters. Darth Vader and Darth Maul versus a funny looking Queen Amidala and Sio Bibble? These are incomparable; of course Vader and Maul would do well. They appeal to both completist collectors and the average buyers. I think if Hasbro did reissue Bibble and Amidala, it would be solely for collectors. No average buyer is going to look at those figures and pick them over the reissue of Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. I'm sure there are barely many people outside of collectors that know that these are rare figures in the first place.

As much as I would like Hasbro to rerelease the harder-to-find figures, the bottom line is their profits. Bibble and Amidala with her arms in the air aren't gonna do it.

Deak_Starkiller
10-23-2003, 02:44 AM
Got mine at a Kmart of all places. Targets were also the ones getting them also, but got kept getting scooped up every morning at 8AM. Kmarts were usually less scoped out, so going on a tip from fellow Bay Area collectors, there were some to be found. Needless to say, this set didn't last very long on the pegs.

Til next report...

GNT
10-23-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Carpeteria:
Bibble and Amidala with her arms in the air aren't gonna do it. <font size="2" face="arial">All the buyer has to do is put her hands down it's not that hard to do. As for re-releasing her she is a main character who is vital to the Prequal trilogy, as a main character she just like Luke should be hanging in stores every now and then so that people who want her could buy her.She would appeal to completists, people who missed her 1st time around as well as little girls who need a female rolemodel. Figures are mainly bought by collectors so I think everyone would know that she is a hard to get figure.

Neo_242
10-23-2003, 01:50 PM
I got my Sio Bibble, Battle Amidala & TC-14 at a fair price. They are MOMC, except for the Sio, which is loose...

10-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I actually don't have them yet. I'm only missing 25 figures from 1995 to now. I think that I will wait and get them on ebay when they drop a bit. I definately don't think that they should be rereleased though, that's part of the fun of collecting, to try to get your hands on the things you don't have, don't you think?

Yak
10-23-2003, 05:59 PM
...there may be reason to, but I would imagine it [Sio Bibble] would be as a resculpt and not in his TPM outfit. Same goes for Amidala.<font size="2" face="arial">Sio Bibble, we know (from the EII DVD comentary) re-appears in a larger role in EIII, I completely agree with you that Sio Bibble will come out in a new outfit... hopefully his EII outfite before we even see EIII - Hasbro should really be putting some more importance on recurring characters!!! IMO images/icons/wink.gif
I Reckon your right about Amidala Battle too, but out of the two I think she has a 50/50 chance in seeing a re-release (tho I have mixed feelings on re-releases, if demand is there then fine!).

Originally posted by EEthKoth99:
I will wait and get them on ebay when they drop a bit.<font size="2" face="arial">I really can't see these dropping in price at all. All that are made are already out there, plus its four years since Episode 1 came out. The boom is over, prices have settled! Besides there's lots more people all the time realising they are missing only these figures, the thread starter to name but one.

However, there is every chance a few years after EIII comes out that many 'fans' will have had enough of Star Wars for the time being and prices may drop. (Iterest waned a couple of years after Jedi came out back in the 80's).
You have to remember E1 figures, (very) generally speaking are over produced and under(? - possibly) valued. Many at least, are as low as they can be - $2 etc. The two figures in question aren't over produced, that's for sure, who knows, they may still be undervalued!!?

Yak
10-23-2003, 06:06 PM
One additional comment...

we all should keep our eyes on any figures/vehicles/etc that isn't internationally released! If it's only released in the US, then that generally isn't enough to supply the rest of the world on the after market - without a major price hike. Sio Bibble and Battle Amidala were never generally released in the UK (probably US only? - Any in Australia Greg?)
Look at vintage, almost all of the hugely expensive items were only released in the US.

You lucky buggr's images/icons/wink.gif

P.S. welcome to the forums EEthKoth99 nice to see you make your first post in the E1 forum images/icons/smile.gif

GNT
10-23-2003, 07:13 PM
In that case, then why shouldn't they just rerelease the first Amidala figure, that is in a much more "user friendly" pose?<font size="2" face="arial">

And the 2nd one isn't? The battle one actually has a weapon that kids could play around with and have fun with, silver guns with the first figure are so much fun though....

Hasbro relies on parents buying their kids toys as much as they do on collectors. Remember that this is a children's toy line first and not a collector-specific one. If that were true, then we would never have seen all those horrific "action features" that the Saga line threw at us - you can't argue that those were for collectors<font size="2" face="arial">

Remember that the Action figures were released in a movie year when the figures are aimed at kids to get more sales however in non movie years the line is aimed at collectors hence we are getting background characters next year. Sio and Bibble came out later in that year when the line was shifting back towards the collectors.

Originally posted by Yak:
Sio Bibble and Battle Amidala were never generally released in the UK (probably US only? - Any in Australia Greg?)
Look at vintage, almost all of the hugely expensive items were only released in the US.
<font size="2" face="arial">We didn't get her or Sio here, Australia never got:

Qui-Gon Jinn - Jedi Master
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Knight
Destroyer Droid - Battle Damaged
Darth Maul - Sith Lord
Jar Jar Binks - Naboo Swamp
Queen Amidala - Battle
Anakin Skywalker - Naboo Pilot
Naboo Royal Security
Sio Bibble
Pit Droids 2-Pack
Darth Sidious - Hologram

R2-B1 and Tc-14 were available but never really possible to get them, maybe one case for every 5 stores.Impossible to get.

So since none were released here that means we have to resort to buying from America at the inflated prices + shipping + douple the price of what it costs and its not worth it. Reissues of them would be welcomed.

aznbala503
10-24-2003, 12:06 AM
I got Sio in a trade and bought the Amidala for $15. I have seen her on ebay for $25-45.

tk421_1_2
10-24-2003, 12:25 AM
I really think there's only a handful of peeps needing these figures so why can't they just get on ebay?

10-24-2003, 12:49 AM
All the buyer has to do is put her hands down it's not that hard to do. As for re-releasing her she is a main character who is vital to the Prequal trilogy, as a main character she just like Luke should be hanging in stores every now and then so that people who want her could buy her.<font size="2" face="arial">In that case, then why shouldn't they just rerelease the first Amidala figure, that is in a much more "user friendly" pose? It's exactly the same outfit. I'm just trying to look at these from Hasbro's standpoint. Yes, they do appease the collectors from time to time, but their own profits are the bottom line. I don't think Bibble and a scene-specific Amidala are what would bring in the big sales for them over the same costs of Hasbro reissuing yet another Vader or Leia or Solo, etc. I don't know. Maybe they will, at some point, go ahead and reissue all the rarest figures, all costs aside, just for collectors. Motti, Holo R2, etc.

Figures are mainly bought by collectors so I think everyone would know that she is a hard to get figure. <font size="2" face="arial">Hasbro relies on parents buying their kids toys as much as they do on collectors. Remember that this is a children's toy line first and not a collector-specific one. If that were true, then we would never have seen all those horrific "action features" that the Saga line threw at us - you can't argue that those were for collectors. There must be a balance for their company and their profits.

Again, I hope these get rereleased. I just don't see it happening any time soon. Hasbro has the license for several years now, and there will be many more non-movie years for them to revisit the past.

10-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by tk421 1/2:
I really think there's only a handful of peeps needing these figures so why can't they just get on ebay? <font size="2" face="arial">We can get anything on ebay, but the prices are marked up so much on average that it would be a shame to have to pay such a large price for a figure that is only four years old, only due to the fact that they were shipped much less than the glut of other TPM figures. The people that are selling these on ebay are doing it to make a profit on a rarity.

Mandalorian_Candidat
10-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn - Jedi Master
Destroyer Droid - Battle Damaged
Jar Jar Binks - Naboo Swamp
Queen Amidala - Battle
Naboo Royal Security
Sio Bibble
Pit Droids 2-Pack
Darth Sidious - Hologram
<font size="2" face="arial">

I was fortunate to find all these in one fell swoop on one Saturday morning at a Wal-Mart. These were all definitely hard to find even in the states, though some were scarcer than others. The same goes with TC-14 and R2-B1.

Who knows why it happens like this? Bad (uneven) national distribution or just being there at the right time? It would be nice if Hasbro rereleased them and made them available somehow at non-ebay prices for those who weren't fortunate enough to find them on the pegs. I know how it is not being able to find certain figures, like CT Leia (which was eventually rereleased sans CT chip), CT Motti, CT R2, POTJ clean Biker Scout, and Saga Ephant Mon.

10-24-2003, 03:32 PM

And the 2nd one isn't? The battle one actually has a weapon that kids could play around with and have fun with, silver guns with the first figure are so much fun though.... <font size="2" face="arial">I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If they ever decided to rerelease that figure in the purple outfit, I think it would be the more generic one.

Remember that the Action figures were released in a movie year when the figures are aimed at kids to get more sales however in non movie years the line is aimed at collectors hence we are getting background characters next year. Sio and Bibble came out later in that year when the line was shifting back towards the collectors.
<font size="2" face="arial">Definitely, they were focused on the movie year. Next year will be much more collector-oriented, which is great. But there is also a difference in distribution between movie years (kid-driven) and collector years. When the TPM and AOTC lines hit retail, every toy store had huge displays and rows and rows of full pegs. This year we saw the shift, when the 2003 figures that were supposed to be available in January didn't hit retail in sufficient numbers until August/September, and we were left with loads of Lott Dodds and Zam Wessells to stare at. I believe that is going to carry over into the 2004 line, which is even more collector based than the 2003 stuff, half of which still had the kid-features. I'm a little scared that this new CW line won't do as well as the retailers are banking on, thus reflecting negatively on their orders for the new 2004 stuff. I hope not.

My point here is that, again, Hasbro needs to put out the money items. The collector-driven figures they will release will be brand new while their kid-driven focus will be either new versions of main characters or rereleases of the most major of the main characters. Bibble is not one of those characters. I don't think this reissue campaign of theirs is going to be with collectors in mind, but rather with kids and Hasbro's profits in mind. I had hoped originally that the reissue trend would include hard to find figures, but it seems as though they will be basing it on a "Hall of Fame" status. I don't think Bibble was voted into anyone's hall of fame.

I think that the argument of rereleasing for collectors is a moot point anyway, since "real" collectors would want to purchase the original release anyway, as completists. I'm personally not a completist to that degree, but I know a lot of collectors that are, and to them, rereleasing these figures is just a pain to them, since it's just the same thing on a new card.

I don't know. I guess it will come down to when Hasbro has the ability to do things like this, just for us collectors that happened to get screwed by their bad distribution four years ago and now have to pay huge prices for $4.00 figures. We are lucky enough that they have any sort of "collector consciousness" at all, since this is the toy business, first and foremost. Most adults don't buy toys for themselves. We are the select (often foolish) few.

GNT
10-24-2003, 06:12 PM
If they ever decided to rerelease that figure in the purple outfit, I think it would be the more generic one.<font size="2" face="arial">Theres not much of a difference between them besides the cloth and neck,you seem against releasing it? Are you the type that spent losts of $$$ to obtain it and don't want anyone to have it at normal cost? Besides that there isn't a reason not to release it over the 1st one.

I think that the argument of rereleasing for collectors is a moot point anyway, since "real" collectors would want to purchase the original release anyway, as completists. I'm personally not a completist to that degree, but I know a lot of collectors that are, and to them, rereleasing these figures is just a pain to them, since it's just the same thing on a new card.<font size="2" face="arial">Reissued figures comes with stands so there is something new with the figures. Theres nothing to say that "real" collectors would want the original version as long as the item is obtainable in any way.

GNT
10-25-2003, 07:51 PM
I know there's something new, that was my point. Just being on a new card alone is "something new" if you are a completist. There are people out there that want every single minute variation, down to different stickers. To those people, reissues would be more of a hinderance, since they've already got those figures. In the case of Bibble and Amidala, they would already have them on their TPM cards, and would just have to rebuy them again because Hasbro decides to put them out again on a new card.<font size="2" face="arial">Then thats really the fault of the completist then if they choose to pick up every version then.

10-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Theres not much of a difference between them besides the cloth and neck,you seem against releasing it? Are you the type that spent losts of $$$ to obtain it and don't want anyone to have it at normal cost? Besides that there isn't a reason not to release it over the 1st one.<font size="2" face="arial">Ok, you've got me all wrong here. I personally do not own either the Battle Amidala or Sio Bibble and I would be ecstatic if I walked into TRU tomorrow and found both on a new card. I am not against rereleasing anything.

What I AM saying is that I think Hasbro, as a profit-seeking company, would look over figures that are more obscure in favor of the type that they have already rereleased - the main characters. Yes, Amidala is a main character, and yes I'm sure they will rerelease one of her figures at some point. But the ONLY reason they would rerelease this figure over any other Amidala (of which there are MANY better ones to choose from) would be to appease the portion of collectors that didn't get it the first time around. That's it. And if they wanted to do an Amidala in the purple outfit, I think they would first go with a rerelease of the original and more generic one. That's my opinion. Like I said before, we just have to agree to disagree here, because you think it's plausible that Hasbro will think rereleasing the Battle version would be a profitable move. I don't think it would be.

But would I want to see it personally? Absolutely. I hope that when the well runs dry in eight years or less and Hasbro is stuck with either paying off for the Tonnika figures or resculpting everything over again that they go ahead and rerelease everything that was even remotely difficult to find. Is that a wise move on Hasbro's move? I don't think so, so I don't think it's going to happen. But I'm sure we'll see a good portion of stuff back on new cards.

Reissued figures comes with stands so there is something new with the figures. Theres nothing to say that "real" collectors would want the original version as long as the item is obtainable in any way. <font size="2" face="arial">I know there's something new, that was my point. Just being on a new card alone is "something new" if you are a completist. There are people out there that want every single minute variation, down to different stickers. To those people, reissues would be more of a hinderance, since they've already got those figures. In the case of Bibble and Amidala, they would already have them on their TPM cards, and would just have to rebuy them again because Hasbro decides to put them out again on a new card.

All I mean by this is to dispute the "reissuing for collectors" debate of reissuing so that collectors (the only ones pushing for a rerelease of Bibble in the first place) can get them instead of on ebay. That's all.

No big deal.

10-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Then thats really the fault of the completist then if they choose to pick up every version then. <font size="2" face="arial">No argument there, compadre. I'm just telling it like it is.

I think Hasbro is going to be very choosy with what they rerelease, at least for the next years to come. It looks like that first wave of rereleases has done well enough (I've only seen them in retail a few times) that they will continue on. We'll have to wait and see.

lordquigon
04-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if Hasbro plans on re-releasing Sio Bibble? I remember when all the voting, a couple years ago, was going on I keep voting from him. I do believe I read he was going to be re-released, but I can't find where I read this. I'm looking on ebay for him, MIB, but I don't want to pay $30-$50 for a figure I plan on opening. Any help would be hot. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

echoplex
04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
He was one of the figures that was in contention for the Fan's pick for the last 12 TAC figures. He probably be resculpted later down the road but for the time being I would do what I did and get a Canadian version which is much cheaper. My commtech stand is in French but who cares. I just wanted the figure and got him pretty cheap loose for $3 plus S&H off eBay or maybe another scummer could help you out.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/echoplex420247/queenrescue.jpg

lordquigon
04-04-2009, 07:47 PM
That looks S O O O O O cool!

I never thought to look for a Canadian/international version. I'd prefer to get him unopened, I like to do that myself. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

echoplex
04-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the kind words. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif You could probably get a carded version cheap also but if your going to open him just get him loose. You probably pay less since it's loose and the S&H will be much cheaper.

lordquigon
04-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif You could probably get a carded version cheap also but if your going to open him just get him loose. You probably pay less since it's loose and the S&H will be much cheaper.

True, I'll start looking a little harder.

Did you enhance the battle damage on those Battle droids? Or did you buy them like that. I only have one of the security Battle droids and he doesn't look that beat up.

echoplex
04-06-2009, 02:30 AM

True, I'll start looking a little harder.

Did you enhance the battle damage on those Battle droids? Or did you buy them like that. I only have one of the security Battle droids and he doesn't look that beat up.

Yeah, I did some weathering on them to bring out the lines and make them look like they've been battle tested.

Blight
04-06-2009, 02:43 AM
This figure was pretty rare when he first came out. Looks like the santa of the SW universe.

echoplex
04-06-2009, 03:02 AM
This figure was pretty rare when he first came out. Looks like the santa of the SW universe.

What does that have to do w/ lordquigon's original question? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Blight
04-06-2009, 03:13 AM
I was saying he was hard to find. The original poster was asking if they planned on rereleasing him. Alot of people, myself included didn't get a chance to get him originally because he was one of those rare tail end figures. Sadly, he'd pegwarm if rerealsed I'm sure right up there with Bail and Yarna.

GNT
04-06-2009, 06:09 AM
The figure was never released here so I'd like to see him re-released at some point in the near future for everyone that missed out on him.

lordquigon
04-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I broke down and scored a Bibble on ebay for $22.37. A little more than I was hoping to pay, but it beats the $30-50 "buy it now". I won him yesterday, so I haven't received him yet, but the guy I bought him from lives right in MA too, I should have the senator Monday!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All and all I'm psyched I finally got him, it's only been 10 years. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GNT
04-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I broke down and scored a Bibble on ebay for $22.37. A little more than I was hoping to pay, but it beats the $30-50 "buy it now". I won him yesterday, so I haven't received him yet, but the guy I bought him from lives right in MA too, I should have the senator Monday!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

His more of a "governor" then a senator but congrats on your purchase!

lordquigon
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
His more of a "governor" then a senator but congrats on your purchase!

Oopps, he is a governor isn't he. I forgot, I guess I'll just have to watch the film again, for like the 150th time, and refresh my memory. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks, I hope I get him tomorrow!

eng621
04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm still waiting for mine to be signed by Oliver Ford Davies. Almost a year now. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

lordquigon
04-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm still waiting for mine to be signed by Oliver Ford Davies. Almost a year now. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That would be cool. Did you send it to him?

eng621
04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Wattographs is trying to do a signing. But he keeps getting busy http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

lordquigon
04-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Wattographs is trying to do a signing. But he keeps getting busy http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I didn't know they did that. I hope you get it soon. Will you post some pics when you do?

eng621
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Finally got it!! Here are some pics...
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/100_5079.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/100_5079.JPG)
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/thumbs/100_5078.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/100_5078.JPG)

lordquigon
05-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Very cool! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How much do they charge? And dose the price differ by actor?

eng621
05-19-2009, 06:02 AM
The average is around $30, but depends on the actor and what is being signed.

Jedi_Eeth_Koth
05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
That looks really good. I like the location of the signature and the color used, it shows up alot better than some I've seen.

GNT
05-21-2009, 06:44 AM
Very nice Sio Bibble Autograph item.

eng621
05-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Thank you. I happy with it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DiFabio
05-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Hawt. Who didn't get a piece of Bibble?

Stormtrooper3133
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I won Sio Bibble on eBay last night along with Sen. Palpatine, Queen Amidala Coruscant, and Ric Olie....all complete and for $20 shipped!

lordquigon
05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I won Sio Bibble on eBay last night along with Sen. Palpatine, Queen Amidala Coruscant, and Ric Olie....all complete and for $20 shipped!

WOW, that's a great deal! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Were they lose or carded?

Stormtrooper3133
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Loose but all weapons and commtech chips included.

lordquigon
05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Loose but all weapons and commtech chips included.

Sweet deal! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

r1bb1t
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Only found 1 when he was 1st released,and cherished finding it.
Then,about a year ago,I was at a comic book shop,and they were having a $5 sale on all SW figs.
Picked up 3 more Bibbles cheap.(They had all kinds of rare figs,with price tags of $25 and up.)
Anyway,kept a couple and traded 1 to a friend,of course,for what I paid for it.
Can you believe that I practically had to talk him(another super collector)into it?C'mon,$5.I thought that I was being nice.

ThallJoben
09-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Ol' Sio Bibble was an elusive figure. I never saw this @ retail, and had to get it via the SW fan club (when that was still around). Most of the post-1999 Episode 1 figures were quite HTF due to being under-produced.

I always thought it was funny how Ol' Bibble looked like Colonel Sanders from the KFC restaurant. Also, his name reminds me of "Dribble", which I always thought was funny...