PDA

View Full Version : POTJ? - I don't even have 1/2 the EP1 yet!

10-04-2000, 10:00 AM
I have never even seen half the EP1 figs.
Never saw swimming JarJar, Blue R2, or many others. What are the chances I ever will now that POTJ is out? Not good I am afraid.
What about you?

------------------
"I'm not in this for your revolution and I'm not in it for your sister. I'm in it for the money. I expect to be well paid." Han Solo

jedicat
10-04-2000, 02:40 PM
I doubt we will see the rest of those waves at retail. The last E1 wave I saw at retail was the Darth Sidious Hologram wave! I have had to catch up on figures through etailers.

------------------
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi...you're my only hope.

Qui_Tom_Jinn
10-04-2000, 02:59 PM
I never saw the last couple of waves at retail either. I had to get what I wanted via trades.

------------------
(Rubbing hands together in a Burns-like manner)

"Excellent!"

10-04-2000, 04:24 PM
Well, I gat to see lots of Holo Sidious and R2 B1, but thought they were going to be Peg warmers and didnīt buy them, how I regret this. But I did get Queen Amidala in Coruscant Dress, I also thought she would be a peg warmer, but I bought her becaus I didnīt have a Queen.

------------------
"Stupid kid! Get your hands off that toy!"

Todd_F
10-05-2000, 08:15 AM
Here is a link to Rebelscums current session of Q&A in which Adam touches base on this problem. http://www.rebelscum.com/qna.asp

I aquired some of my HTF E1 figs through trade and the rest of the HTF E1 figs that I found were the only ones I've ever seen.

Boba_Binks
10-06-2000, 01:36 PM
I found them all at K-Marts and Targets. I only saw the Swimming Jar Jar Wave 1 time and I am so glad I bought that wave then.
I think it will get easier to find the POTJ figures since lots of collectors seem not to like them. As for myself, I want them all.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

AmanaMatt
10-19-2000, 09:14 AM
From what we've heard, there are thousands of cases that contain all of the above figs that Hasbro is just sitting on. because no retailer wants them. I expect to see all these at TRU or Kaybee's discount aisles sometime in the future. These will eventually see the light of day.

Personally, I'm tired of Hasbro's ways. They need to get their heads out of the backsides!
They have more excuses of why they can't or won't fix their distribution problems. If they're not careful, they're going to kill the Star Wars line

01-01-2001, 02:38 PM
I have a list of the ones I've never had in my hands.

Jar Jar Binks Naboo Swamp
Naboo Royal Guard
Sio Bibble
TC-14
R2-B1
Anakin Naboo

Log
01-01-2001, 02:44 PM
I'm sure KB or TRU will get these eventually.

Whoever thought that we'd see R2 with Holo Leia, CommTech Vader, or CommTech Stormtrooper at retail, for a $1.97 no less?

As for me, I found the Jar-Jar wave, and Admiral Motti wave at Wal-Mart, TC-14 wave at TRU back in January '00, and the Sio Bibble wave was sent to me courtesy of an online buddy so I haven't had too much trouble locating these guys but I can imagine how hard it is for those who don't have them. I mean ya got new POTJ releases to pick up and then older E1 figs to try and snag.

jedicat
01-01-2001, 03:22 PM
I still have not seen any of the HTF figures on clearance out here, just the same old pegwarmers that I already have. I have had to finish the E1 line through etailers and the like. The good news is that now I am only one figure away from finishing off the E1 collection! http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif
Sio Bibble, where are you?

------------------
They're heading for that small moon...

01-02-2001, 09:08 PM
yeah i know how yoou feel.for me to get soft goods maul and soft goods qui gon i had to viset the local scalper at 20 bucks a piece.but i grabbed soft goods kenobi at my local fao.tee hehehehehe.talk that you scalpers!
also i want a tc-14!!!!

------------------
straight from the hallowan labotories from the assasin droid project......the phlutdroids!
-----------
ive been watching you captian rendar.i plan on stealing han solo from boba fett to get the bounty from jabba the hutt.....and theres nothing you can do.
-ig-88(from star wars shadows of the empire)
----------
you were right about one thing master.the negotiations were short
-young ben kenobi(sw ep.1 tpm)

Phil
01-02-2001, 09:19 PM
I saw soft goods obi wan & anikin naboo pilot at KB last week for $1.99 each

01-08-2001, 01:28 AM
ep1 is done i still need the jar jar swimming but i guess i will have to go to yahoo auctions to get it. iam not that desparete yet.

02-06-2001, 09:07 PM
I ordered Swimming Jar Jar Binks from FandomShop.com, and they were sold out. I still don't have Swimming Jar Jar Binks, Sio Bibble, Naboo Royal Guard, R2-B1, and TC-14. But I will never pay those high bidding prices to finish the EP1 line. I have faith they will get cheaper and trickle out eventually.

[This message has been edited by WATTO DAMAGE BINKS (edited 02-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WATTO DAMAGE BINKS (edited 02-07-2001).]

02-07-2001, 02:01 AM
I saw and got them all at retail. I got the Tc wave at TRU and the jarjar, sio wave at walmart. Tc14 wave was hitting hard around xmas time during its first release in 99.

------------------
Chewbacca99
BHC Moderator for: "Feedback" & "Look what I found"
Chewbacca99@collectstarwars.com
Check out my personal collection. http://chewbacca99.homestead.com
"I collect to open! No more sealed collecting here!"

[This message has been edited by Chewbacca99 (edited 02-07-2001).]