PDA

View Full Version : 12" San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Exclusive?

xphillips
06-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Will there be a SDCC 12" exclusive?
There has always been one for the past 7+ years.
Gentle Giant / Diamond, please dont break the streak!
We didn't get one at Celebration, so I'm hoping!

ThunderCracker
06-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Will there be a SDCC 12" exclusive?
There has always been one for the past 7+ years.
Gentle Giant / Diamond, please dont break the streak!
We didn't get one at Celebration, so I'm hoping!

Sadly it seems this line might be dead. No new news of anything coming. I hope Iím wrong though.

jedimasterc
06-27-2019, 06:01 PM
I am going to have to agree. Sadly there are still a lot of figures that were still left to get the Jumbo treatment.

Shabby_Blue
06-28-2019, 11:18 AM
I am going to have to agree. Sadly there are still a lot of figures that were still left to get the Jumbo treatment.

We were never going to get the entire vintage line released in this Jumbo scale, even when GG was still revealing new figures every other month. It's naive to think that was ever going to happen. But yeah it would have been nice to at least get a few more popular ones from ROTJ such as the Jabba's palace aliens like Ree Yees, Squid Face, etc. The lack of any Jumbo exclusive for SDCC this year really indicates that this line is pretty much done now unfortunately.

jedimasterc
06-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Fair point.

We were never going to get the entire vintage line released in this Jumbo scale, even when GG was still revealing new figures every other month. It's naive to think that was ever going to happen. But yeah it would have been nice to at least get a few more popular ones from ROTJ such as the Jabba's palace aliens like Ree Yees, Squid Face, etc. The lack of any Jumbo exclusive for SDCC this year really indicates that this line is pretty much done now unfortunately.

Pqweeduk
06-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Thought I remember pictures of a new Jumbo at the Gentle Giant booth at NY Toy Fair earlier this year, no press about it though.

Michael_Ritter
06-30-2019, 11:34 AM
I am surprised, and upset, we never got a pop up saber R2. They already have the mold from thr Droids version that was exclusive a few years ago so it would have been a nice and easy release. Oh well.

Mike

ATATDRIVER
07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Any word if this line is dead or not ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skywalker1973
07-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Any word if this line is dead or not ?

Removable limbs c3po is a 2019 PG Exclusive so the line is still alive but it feels like they're phoning it in at this point.

ATATDRIVER
07-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Yeah , saw that. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Verbal21
07-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Maybe Boba Fett again?lol

Yoda
07-17-2019, 11:04 AM
I wish they would stick with this line. Not only for Star Wars but the upcoming Marvel and DC Jumbos that were shown but subsequently cancelled.

gijigsaw
07-18-2019, 11:23 AM
I wish they would stick with this line. Not only for Star Wars but the upcoming Marvel and DC Jumbos that were shown but subsequently cancelled.

Same here but you gotta make a profit to stick with a line. As cool as they are, they are expensive and take up a ton of space. I finally threw out all my bubble cases.

rnbuda
07-24-2019, 07:46 AM
Same here but you gotta make a profit to stick with a line. As cool as they are, they are expensive and take up a ton of space. I finally threw out all my bubble cases.

Probably could have sold those bad boys!

BithBandLeader
09-27-2019, 04:37 AM
There were 2 Jumbos planned for SDCC and Celebration. They were both re-dos of existing figures, with an added accessory and an updated cardback. Both ended up casualties of the sale to Diamond. Maybe we will see them some day.

Dax
09-27-2019, 02:43 PM
It kinda depends on the figures. Some of the older ones really need a rework and I wouldn't want to see them re-released till they updated them (e.g. Leia and Chewie being wrong height). I could see them doing a few re-issues with POTF cards and coins such as Vader and Ben but I really don't like where they place the coin on the card when they go down that path.

I can see some collectors picking up DT versions of Vader and Ben but they'd have to be on a SW logo card, it wouldn't make sense to have them on anything else.

Honestly, I think the line is dead and not worth Diamond investing in it. A lot of the remaining unmade characters are dull as dishwater. Yes, they'll have their fans and some people will buy them, but not enough to warrant the investment in all the development required. Yes, there's also some nice figures remaining but businesses always need to think about what else they could do instead to generate profit, and I don't know the last few good figures are strong contenders there.

Personally I could see them going back to the start and doing everything again in 6" scale and if they did it right, I think they'd sell well. Their could be some licensing issues with Hasbro I expect, and if Hasbro really decide to invest in their 3 3/4" Retro line then they could suck up a lot of the nostalgia sales that Diamond could have otherwise realised. Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.