PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage POTF Amanaman?

Palitoy_DS_1971
03-12-2017, 05:28 AM
Really hoping for some jumbo news on this bad boy... can you shed any light on it please, Dan?

2017 40th reveal?

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/AMANAMAN_12_MOCK_UP.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/AMANAMAN_12_MOCK_UP.jpg)

Shabby_Blue
03-13-2017, 04:10 PM
While Amanaman is cool, I'd be annoyed if we get him before (or instead of) other more prominent Jabba's palace characters such as Squid Head, ReeYees, and Bib Fortuna. Personally I think those should take priority, especially since at this point we're obviously never going to get every Kenner vintage figure in the Jumbo line. Would you rather get ONLY Amanaman instead of those other great alien figures?

Logray
03-13-2017, 06:11 PM
While I tend to agree that figures like Ree Yees should come first, I think Amanaman would sell incredibly well which might help the line in general....

Palitoy_DS_1971
03-13-2017, 06:50 PM
I'd like to see Bib Fortuna too, but I would take Amanaman anytime if it meant this line was getting reinvigorated with new releases.
I won't be annoyed to get one ahead of another, no.

I think Amanaman would be a big seller and would hopefully give this jumbo line a shot in the arm...

As they've already done YAK FACE this would make a great pairing, see my logic?
I love the Jabba Palace aliens too, but see Amanaman as a one off for 40th - as I still don't have much confidence we will see many more jumbos at all going forward.
So I've curbed my enthusiasm and expectations to a minimum.

Logray
03-13-2017, 08:57 PM
The two figures which I think Gentle Giant absolutely has to do before the end are the Emperor's Royal Guard and the Emperor himself. Anakin Skywalker would also be a great choice for honorable mention since it would be really cool on the POTF card and easy from a manufacturing perspective since there were no accessories. Sorry to diverge from the original thread subject but while we're discussing where GG should go from here.... ;)

gijigsaw
03-14-2017, 11:07 AM
So if it takes until the middle of 2017 to get something I paid for and expected in 2016, this line is pretty much dead. Too bad. I tried to stay positive for a long time.

And no, we didn't get PGM items the next year after ordering. That only started two years ago when this line fell apart.

Palitoy_DS_1971
03-14-2017, 12:14 PM
The two figures which I think Gentle Giant absolutely has to do before the end are the Emperor's Royal Guard and the Emperor himself. Anakin Skywalker would also be a great choice for honorable mention since it would be really cool on the POTF card and easy from a manufacturing perspective since there were no accessories. Sorry to diverge from the original thread subject but while we're discussing where GG should go from here.... ;)

Well, I don't know about that - Anakin Skywalker? If you're a completist then yes... but I think he'd be pretty low on the original best selling lists from Kenner and not likely to make the transition to jumbo form, even if this line was still in full swing.

With regards to Gijigsaw's comment about this line falling apart - and I do agree to a large extent - it seemed to be when GGLTD merged with 3DS things began to dry up in the jumbo Kenner SW line - do you remember all the trouble we had with their new website and our credit card pre-orders at that time? I had to email my card details through at the last minute just to ensure my pre-ordered 2-1B, would ship out, as all my CC details had disappeared from the new system. Was that 2014 or 15?

I am still hopeful we see something good or at least interesting from GGLtd this year at SDCC or NYCC from the SW jumbo range.

Palitoy_DS_1971
03-14-2017, 12:32 PM
I tried to stay positive for a long time.

I've tried too - been a sad few years... if I don't see anything new via SDCC or NYCC, the misery will continue.
I'd have loved to see a jumbo Cloud Car Pilot too... will see what happens this summer at the 2017 conventions.

ATATDRIVER
05-17-2017, 11:02 AM
This is one of the few I'd buy !

Palitoy_DS_1971
05-17-2017, 12:34 PM
Now that GGLTD have tooled the Han In Carbonite clamshell, I am more confident they will go forward with Amanaman - using the same huge bubble.

Clutters
07-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Just got a Yak. And I'd be in for an Amananny AND Ree Yees. IMO they were the two best sculpted vintage Jabba's palace figures.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sxRRKeyoJ4o/UXDJX1bLrtI/AAAAAAAAPV0/qFernESHLJE/s1600/saelt_marae_and_ree_yees.jpg

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
07-31-2018, 08:21 PM
Still waiting for this :)