PDA

View Full Version : 2017 40th Anniversary First 21 jumbo re-release?

Palitoy_DS_1971
01-28-2017, 04:17 AM
Would it be likely to see a re-release over the next year from GGLTD of the first 21 or at least the first 12?

jedimasterc
01-28-2017, 01:01 PM
Would be cool but I seriously doubt it.

Palitoy_DS_1971
01-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Would be cool but I seriously doubt it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'd be happy with even a few revisited original 12 characters on POTF cards.
I suppose, for a line that was only going to be the first 12, then expanded to the first 21, then ultimately approx 50 figures - GG gave us a very good run whilst it lasted.

Shabby_Blue
01-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Yeah, re-releasing a bunch of older figures collectors already have is just what we need to revive interest in this dying line. How well is that POTF-carded Greedo selling, eh? :rolleyes:

Meanwhile we're still waiting for more NEW figures from ESB and ROTJ to get made. Squid Head, Ree-Yees, Emperor's Royal Gaurd, Bespin Leia, Lobot, Endor Han and Leia, etc. Come on already!

jedimasterc
01-29-2017, 08:15 PM
I would like to see a POTF Luke Stormtrooper or the Bespin Leia before rehashing the first 12. Really liked the villains and aliens. I only have the Han Bespin and Luke Bespin.

Logray
01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
One way or another I would like to see some new life breathed into this line. Emperors Royal Guard and Stormie Luke would sell like hotcakes.

rnbuda
01-30-2017, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I'm at the point where I think GG is done with this line.

BithBandLeader
01-30-2017, 02:11 PM
The line is still alive and we will have some new things to announce over the next few months/quarters.

I'm a HUGE fan of the line and was collecting it long before I started working here.

We are still hammering some stuff out before the next announcements...and I know of at least one surprise that you won't be expecting.

D.

Logray
01-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Very glad to hear that BithBandLeader! I can't wait to see what's on offer at Celebration this year, even though I can't make it this year.

jedimasterc
01-31-2017, 09:23 PM
The line is still alive and we will have some new things to announce over the next few months/quarters.

I'm a HUGE fan of the line and was collecting it long before I started working here.

We are still hammering some stuff out before the next announcements...and I know of at least one surprise that you won't be expecting.

D.

Are you guys going to be at Toyfair next month?

rnbuda
02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Woah they're back?! Awesome, I'm glad I'm wrong!

Shabby_Blue
02-01-2017, 11:34 PM

D.

Oh, hello Dan. Congrats on your new GG job. :)

I know it's off topic here, but can you tell us the current status of the Super Powers Jumbo line? It seems equally dead at this point, just like with Star Wars. No new figures have been revealed and offered up for preorder since the Joker way back in May 2016. With GG cancelling the Jumbo Lex Luthor preorders everywhere (allegedly due to not hitting a minimum number of preorders), combined with the fact that nothing new was shown at SDCC last summer, it has a lot of Super Powers fans suspecting GG is done with their Super Powers line too. :(

Superman, Green Arrow, Batman, and Robin all surprisingly shipped at the same time within these first weeks of 2017 (probably to the dismay of poor BBTS employees who have to figure out how to ship all those figures together in one giant box for customers who had them all suddenly show up in their Pile of Loot). That's great to finally get all 4 figures at once like this, but it reminded me of what happened with that surge of 5 Star Wars figures suddenly shipping at the same time at the end of 2015 (Boushh Leia, Logray, Ugnaught, Ackbar, and Wicket) with nothing NEW offered after that in these last 14 months except Jedi Luke and Carbonite Han (neither of which has even shipped yet). 14 months is a pretty long dry spell for the Star Wars line, and I'm getting the feeling Super Powers is about to have the same thing now that these 4 figures have just shipped.

So with the cancellation of Lex, it wouldn't surprise me if the last two unreleased figures (Joker and Penguin) get their preorders cancelled too in the near future. Please tell us there's still hope for Lex and perhaps other new SP figures to be revealed in 2017.

And back to Star Wars.... I really hope we get to see something NEW shown at Toy Fair this year or at SDCC -- characters from the vintage line that GG hasn't already made yet, and not just more re-releases of older figures like Greedo in different packaging. I miss the early period of this line when a new figure was offered up for preorder practically every 2-3 months.

Finally... where's Jabba? He's been teased for over two years now and his release is still uncertain. Can you comment on his current status? Thanks Dan :)

BithBandLeader
02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Hey Shabby,

Thanks!

First off - GG will not have a booth at Toy Fair this year (they haven't been for a few years) but the sales team will be there taking meetings. I didn't want you to be anticipating those reveals later this month. We WILL be at Star Wars Celebration and SDCC this year. So you will see some new items at those shows.

Second - The Super Powers Joker was not put on hold. He's done and will ship out next month. I have one on my desk right now and he's awesome!

We are still looking at the possibility of releasing more Super Powers Jumbos. The first 6 of them can sort of be considered "wave 1" and we want to see how those sell now that people are getting them in hand, enjoying them and seeing them as a collection before we look at doing a next batch of them. As you have seen from our con appearances, we have prototypes done of both Lex and Penguin and we'd love to release them along with more Super Powers goodness if the fans support the line.

Jumbo Jabba is still in the works. We are still trying to find the best and most cost effective way to release him so that you don't have to sell a kidney on the black market in order to get one. :)

D.

Shabby_Blue
02-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks for responding. I really hope we get more Super Powers figures (at least to complete the first 12!). It's frustrating still seeing Lex on the cardbacks of the new releases that just shipped, even though he may never get released. I really wanted that particular figure in Jumbo size to display next to Superman. :(

Assuming you guys DO find a cost effective way to release Jabba, is the plan definitely to offer him without a throne? Is releasing the throne even an option in that size? I imagine the packaging would be massive in that scale, just like the Wampa box.

Also, will Jedi Luke be shipping soon? Seems like we've been waiting for him forever. It's been almost a year since he went up for preorder. BBTS says "1st quarter 2017" for a ship date, and Gentle Giant's own website still says "4th Quarter 2016". :) So can you give us a more specific ship date for him yet?

rnbuda
02-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Looking forward to GG's booth at Celebration.

Hope there's a good method for exclusives. I'd get the PGM if I knew I'd get the Celebration exclusive without worry.

Shabby_Blue
02-08-2017, 03:54 PM
I'm still frustrated by the ridiculously low numbers of the brown haired ANH Luke SDCC exclusive last year. I really wanted that one for my collection. As a PGM member I should have been able to get one just like with all previous SDCC exclusives, but they sold out way too fast on their site without much advanced notice to PGM members. Seeing how much it goes for on Ebay right now, it's clear that GG should have produced a lot more than just a couple hundred figures. I hope there's not a repeat of that this year with whatever SDCC exclusive they have planned. :(

Palitoy_DS_1971
02-08-2017, 04:42 PM
I'm still frustrated ...they sold out way too fast on their site without much advanced notice to PGM members ...it's clear that GG should have produced a lot more than just a couple hundred figures. I hope there's not a repeat of that this year with whatever SDCC exclusive they have planned. :(

I'd forgotten all about that. In total agreement, as a PGM there should be a minimum of one month advance email warning - so you're one pay-check ahead of necessary, short supply purchases. Not announced the week of the actual show.
We all need to be kept informed - hopefully now we have GGLTD's Daniel posting advance details, we only need to keep an eye on those, in addition to getting what should be mandatory early PGM notifications.

rnbuda
02-10-2017, 08:38 AM
I wonder how much an Early Bird Kit replica for Jumbo figures would cost. I personally think that would be awesome.

Palitoy_DS_1971
02-10-2017, 09:30 AM
I wonder how much an Early Bird Kit replica for Jumbo figures would cost. I personally think that would be awesome.

Personally my all time wish list item in the jumbo scale is a Palitoy Death Star! It'll never happen, but the DS is what my childhood playtime was built around.

The early bird kit would be nice as one of this years 40th speciality items.

rnbuda
02-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Could you imagine the size and cost of that play set!?

Mighty_Jabba
02-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Jumbo Jabba is still in the works. We are still trying to find the best and most cost effective way to release him so that you don't have to sell a kidney on the black market in order to get one. :)

Good to hear! And efforts to keep the price down are also appreciated although I've had my kidney earmarked for this for quite some time...

jedimasterc
02-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Yeah Bithband, what happened with the ROTJ Brown hair Luke that came out last year. Why the low numbers? Don't take this the wrong way but I wasn't really interested in it. Though it was rather amazing you guys only produced 300 of them. Again don't take this wrong but you really alienated a lot of fans that wanted these. Do you guys ever look on ebay to see how much these are going for on the secondary market?