PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Orlando: Hotels

Chris Wyman
07-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Discuss all things to do with hotels for Celebration Orlando right here.

TK_421
07-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Link for official con rates (mostly sold out):
https://compass.onpeak.com/e/012603752/0

3 closest hotels sorted by proximity:
1) Rosen Centre
2) Hyatt Regency Orlando
3) Rosen Plaza (or Red Roof Inn Orlando)

Hotels that had official shuttle service to/from OCCC at C6: (will update this post once official for C7)
Best Western Plus, Comfort Inn Universal, Doubletree Resort Orlando, Embassy Suites Jamaican Ct, Embassy Suites International Drive, Hampton Inn Convention Center, Hawthorn Suites, Holiday Inn Castle, Homewood Suites, Quality Inn Plaza, Ramada Inn Convention Center, Rosen Inn at Point Orlando, Wyndham Orlando Resort

Hail_Lord_Helmet
07-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Guys if you missed out on your number one choice just keep checking everyday. The Rosen Centre came open one day after constantly checking.

deathstar1000
07-24-2016, 09:08 PM
I got the Centre.

For those of you there, did you have an option for double beds?

Hail_Lord_Helmet
07-25-2016, 01:48 PM
I didn't. Wonder if you can call them closer and ask(beg) for 2 beds.

deathstar1000
07-26-2016, 01:18 PM
I hope so. May have to wait until Centre has the actual list to call them directly, which is normally a couple weeks before the con.

Hail_Lord_Helmet
07-27-2016, 09:37 PM
I'll be going solo(pun intended!), and may need to room with someone to keep costs down....

Imperial1973
08-03-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm staying at the Hilton double tree.. there were still rooms available this past Sunday... for anybody still looking for a place to stay.

Waterman8447
08-15-2016, 07:49 AM
Wyndham Orlando Resort - 8001 International Dr. (Wed-Sat night)

RiddleMeThis501
08-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Im staying at the hyatt place....8749 international drive ....not a long walk but like the hyatt places....free parking and a good breakfast available...

BenObi_70
08-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Just booked the Clarion (next to the Rosen Ctr). Not a great hotel but it's close to the con and has free parking, wi-fi, and breakfast.

nerfherder21
10-11-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm at the Rosen inn at Pointe Orlando. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, How are the rooms? Looks fairly good on TripAdvisor and the price is reasonable.

Mark_the_Wookiee
10-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Have the Rosen Inn and the Rosen Plaza booked. I'll decide closer to the show which one i'm gonna keep. The Plaza was through a different site, and actually cheaper than the official site is offering

BenObi_70
10-16-2016, 07:50 PM
I'm at the Rosen inn at Pointe Orlando. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, How are the rooms? Looks fairly good on TripAdvisor and the price is reasonable.

I stayed at the Rosen Inn a couple of Celebrations ago and honestly, was not impressed. I had problems with their wi-fi and my toilet barely flushed. Maybe I just had bad luck with my particular room but I wouldn't stay there again.

jediscar
12-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Staying at Residence Inn, Orlando Convention Center location. Walking distance and shuttles to other attractions.

starfriend
01-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Will be staying at the Monumental Hotel Orlando, any suggestions? About 3 miles away from the convention center and proBobby no shuttles, wondering if I should rent a car.

deathstar1000
01-03-2017, 10:18 PM
If public transportation isn't an option, you could always Uber.

Cotasnoova
01-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Will be staying at the Monumental Hotel Orlando, any suggestions? About 3 miles away from the convention center and proBobby no shuttles, wondering if I should rent a car.

I would imagine rental car prices PLUS parking prices would make UBER and much much cheaper option. You could be looking at easy $25 day parking at hotel maybe and then parking at Show. Ouch.

nerfherder21
01-08-2017, 08:42 PM
International drive area has a trolley that runs every 20 minutes or so. It costs under $15.00 for a week's pass. Nearest stop to your hotel is Number six. http://www.iridetrolley.com/pdf/marker-map.pdf. Keep looking at Block hotels especially as we get closer to the one night deposit being do in Early to Mid-March.

groove790
01-08-2017, 08:55 PM
International drive area has a trolley that runs every 20 minutes or so. It costs under $15.00 for a week's pass. Nearest stop to your hotel is Number six. http://www.iridetrolley.com/pdf/marker-map.pdf. Keep looking at Block hotels especially as we get closer to the one night deposit being do in Early to Mid-March.

My brother and I purchased the trolley pass for CV and unless it has drastically improved since then, it is NOT worth it. The 20 minute timeline was more like 40 minutes. When it did arrive, it was completely full, not even room for standees. Also If you plan on staying late for any of the after parties... you are out of luck. They don't run after 10:30pm.

Make sure it is worth it before committing to it. Uber may be prime time prices but it will probably be more dependable. Be careful with the prime time pricing though, we got burned on our airport trip in Anaheim. $150 for a trip to the airport was a bit much but you live, you learn.

darthblu3
01-09-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm looking for a place to stay if anyone wants a roommate to share in costs. I'm not a serial killer, I promise! haha
If anything, I'm pretty boring, no drama.

Let me know if you're interested.

ThrawnLover
01-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Hey! I'm looking for a roommate for the show. I have the Hilton Orlando reserved for a week but I'll be trimming it down to probably just the length of the show. I will for sure be checking in on April 12th and probably checking out on April 16 or 17th.

The cost is $212.50 for a 2 bed room a night, so you'd be paying 106.25 a night to the tune of $425 total. That's an estimate but its probably accurate.
The Hilton is an awesome hotel and its right across the street from the convention center. I find having a hotel really close to the show is important. You can drop off your merchandise right away and get back to the show without lugging it all around. You can also grab a nap if you've been waiting in line all night and still get back to the show without missing too much.

A little about me: I'm a mid 30's male that's pretty low key. I've been to all the celebrations except the first one so I know how things work if you are new to the convention. I'll be flying in from Chicago on the 12th. It would take an act of god for me to cancel. I don't have a wife or kids to get in the way lol.

ALTERNATELY: if you are looking for a roommate or are renting a house or something I could be down to drop my reservation for yours. I'd just like another adult roommate to share some of the costs.

I'll try to monitor my emails to respond right away.

Galen_Savage
01-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Thrawn, hit me up. Im staying at the Quality Suites on Canada drive. Im staying April 12th-Apeil 18th. Convention newbie. 44yr Male from Kansas
Would definitely like to be closer, but everything close was booked or it seemed outrageous for a single guy
4 Day pass. If nothing else, would like to hook up Wed night and discuss gameplan. Definately want to be there for the Thur morn Ep8 Panel, but also HAVE to have the Kotobukiya Triple 000/BeeTee-1 ArtFX

ThrawnLover
01-31-2017, 11:07 PM
UPDATE: I found someone.

Hey! I'm looking for a roommate for the show. I have the Hilton Orlando reserved for a week but I'll be trimming it down to probably just the length of the show. I will for sure be checking in on April 12th and probably checking out on April 16 or 17th.

The cost is $212.50 for a 2 bed room a night, so you'd be paying 106.25 a night to the tune of $425 total. That's an estimate but its probably accurate.
The Hilton is an awesome hotel and its right across the street from the convention center. I find having a hotel really close to the show is important. You can drop off your merchandise right away and get back to the show without lugging it all around. You can also grab a nap if you've been waiting in line all night and still get back to the show without missing too much.

A little about me: I'm a mid 30's male that's pretty low key. I've been to all the celebrations except the first one so I know how things work if you are new to the convention. I'll be flying in from Chicago on the 12th. It would take an act of god for me to cancel. I don't have a wife or kids to get in the way lol.

ALTERNATELY: if you are looking for a roommate or are renting a house or something I could be down to drop my reservation for yours. I'd just like another adult roommate to share some of the costs.

Hail_Lord_Helmet
02-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Thought I could swing it by Celebration but I can't. Anybody wanna split staying at the Rosen Centre Check in Wed, checkout Sunday? PM me

Hail_Lord_Helmet
02-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Thought I could swing it by Celebration but I can't. Anybody wanna split staying at the Rosen Centre Check in Wed, checkout Sunday? PM me
Bump, still looking!

TK_421
03-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Just a head's up, as reported by Rox on theforce.net, almost all the hotels opened up today. As it is now 30 days to the show, they did their authorization hold for the room. So if there was a problem with your card, your reservation was cancelled. So plenty of openings now at the close hotels like the Rosen Centre and Hyatt Regency.

Dan_Solo
03-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Just a head's up, as reported by Rox on theforce.net, almost all the hotels opened up today. As it is now 30 days to the show, they did their authorization hold for the room. So if there was a problem with your card, your reservation was cancelled. So plenty of openings now at the close hotels like the Rosen Centre and Hyatt Regency.

Nice! I just moved from The Hyatt to the Rosen Centre. We stayed at the Rosen last time and I really liked it.

groove790
03-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Nice! I just moved from The Hyatt to the Rosen Centre. We stayed at the Rosen last time and I really liked it.

I'm currently booked at the Rosen plaza and I'm torn if the extra cost is worth it for the Hyatt or if the Rosen centre or Hilton would be better.

DarthBaldylox
03-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Hilton is a 1 mile walk inside the walkways, Hyatt Regency is closest to front doors and will have lots of activities going on besides the Bash. Rosen is nice too, and tad cheaper and just off the side of the OCCC across the street, so 2nd closest.

atmicwedgy
03-13-2017, 10:16 PM
I swapped the Hyatt Place (nearly a mile away) for the Hyatt Regency. I am made up, with less walking in potential humid weather, and easier to stumble back to room after 501st bash! 😉

spectrumofpain
03-13-2017, 10:24 PM
According to the letter I got with my badges:

"The main entrance is through the E/F Lobby Entrance (the entrance closest to the Rosen Plaza)."

DarthBaldylox
03-14-2017, 09:48 AM
I didnt read my letter. thanks for mentioning this.

According to the letter I got with my badges:

"The main entrance is through the E/F Lobby Entrance (the entrance closest to the Rosen Plaza)."

deathstar1000
03-14-2017, 01:10 PM
When does Reed transfer hotel info to the actual hotel?

ThrawnLover
03-16-2017, 06:56 PM
*****!!!!looking for a roommate once again!!!!*****

hey! I'm looking for a roommate for the show. I have the hilton orlando reserved for a week but i'll be trimming it down to probably just the length of the show. I will for sure be checking in on april 12th and probably checking out on april 16 or 17th.

The hilton is an awesome hotel and its right across the street from the convention center. I find having a hotel really close to the show is important. You can drop off your merchandise right away and get back to the show without lugging it all around. You can also grab a nap if you've been waiting in line all night and still get back to the show without missing too much.

A little about me: I'm a mid 30's male that's pretty low key. I've been to all the celebrations except the first one so i know how things work if you are new to the convention. I'll be flying in from chicago on the 12th. It would take an act of god for me to cancel. I don't have a wife or kids to get in the way lol.

Alternately: If you are looking for a roommate or are renting a house or something i could be down to drop my reservation for yours. I'd just like another adult roommate to share some of the costs.

ThrawnLover
03-16-2017, 07:30 PM
I may be switching to the Rosen Center Hotel since it is closest to the convention center and if my memory serves me correctly they have a completely enclosed second story entrance to the hall. Also the rooms are $159 a night.

deathstar1000
03-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Heads up. Just got charge by the Rosen.

ESB80
03-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Just booked one of the 2 rooms that came available today at the Rosen Centre. I've been checking everyday and have upgraded my hotel 4 times before today haha. Stoked that the RC became available. As of now there is still one room available for Wed-Sunday if anyone else has been waiting.

DarthDerek
03-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Just booked one of the 2 rooms that came available today at the Rosen Centre. I've been checking everyday and have upgraded my hotel 4 times before today haha. Stoked that the RC became available. As of now there is still one room available for Wed-Sunday if anyone else has been waiting.

WTF!!! Here is what I got from the Rosen Centre today:

"When you selected the Rosen Centre Hotel for your April stay, we confirmed a reservation for April 12 for 5 nights. Unfortunately, due to a rare error in our system we have found ourselves in an oversold situation on the dates of April 14th and 15th which is impacting all bookings that are going over these dates. We sincerely apologize for our error and must share that the Rosen Centre Hotel will not be able to honor your booking on the above dates. While we understand that you are due to arrive in prior to these dates we realize that it is unlikely you would prefer a split stay in two different hotels. We thought it best to reach out to guests now rather than wait until arrival and further inconvenience anyone with this information after a day of traveling."

I'm seriously ticked off!:'(

starwarsisgood
03-29-2017, 06:44 AM

"When you selected the Rosen Centre Hotel for your April stay, we confirmed a reservation for April 12 for 5 nights. Unfortunately, due to a rare error in our system we have found ourselves in an oversold situation on the dates of April 14th and 15th which is impacting all bookings that are going over these dates. We sincerely apologize for our error and must share that the Rosen Centre Hotel will not be able to honor your booking on the above dates. While we understand that you are due to arrive in prior to these dates we realize that it is unlikely you would prefer a split stay in two different hotels. We thought it best to reach out to guests now rather than wait until arrival and further inconvenience anyone with this information after a day of traveling."

Wow...that's terrible.

JediEddy
03-29-2017, 07:06 AM

Ticked off? I'd be LIVID!!! I hope you contacted them!

Darth_Ludicrous
03-29-2017, 10:30 AM

Great, I'm staying at the Rosen Centre I hope I don't get one of these emails. I did book way back in May when they were first announced. I hope that is in my favor?

Ross_C
03-29-2017, 10:37 AM
I have been dealing with this issue for well over a month for a large group I am coordinating. Back in Dec the Rosen Centre mistakenly opened up rooms during the Celebration Block period that they should not have. Anyone who booked at that time will have their reservation changed to the alternate Hotel "The B Hotel" some 5.5 miles away at a discounted rate of $109/night. If you have reservations through ONPEAK you are fine. You may call the Rosen and they may tell you that you are fine, but again if you booked back in Dec via the Hotel itself, you will be screwed and may not find out until you arrive.

Great, I'm staying at the Rosen Centre I hope I don't get one of these emails. I did book way back in May when they were first announced. I hope that is in my favor?

Darth_Ludicrous
03-29-2017, 10:43 AM
Ok good, I did book with Onpeak so I should be good.

DarthDerek
03-29-2017, 02:15 PM
I have been dealing with this issue for well over a month for a large group I am coordinating. Back in Dec the Rosen Centre mistakenly opened up rooms during the Celebration Block period that they should not have. Anyone who booked at that time will have their reservation changed to the alternate Hotel "The B Hotel" some 5.5 miles away at a discounted rate of $109/night. If you have reservations through ONPEAK you are fine. You may call the Rosen and they may tell you that you are fine, but again if you booked back in Dec via the Hotel itself, you will be screwed and may not find out until you arrive.

Yep. That's when I booked, back in December. So they told you a month ago? Wonder why I just got contacted now, two weeks before I arrive. Now I'm scrambling to find something. I'm not taking the alternate hotel that they booked for me 7 miles away!

DarthDerek
03-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Ticked off? I'd be LIVID!!! I hope you contacted them!

My wife contacted them and raised hell. Poor woman on the other end of the phone. :grin: In the end it was "tough luck, there's nothing we can do except rebook you at a hotel 7 miles away".

Supposedly there are many people in this situation right now.

atmicwedgy
03-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Just checked OnPeak site, and currently, for April 14,15 you can do Hyatt Regency for ($199/night, across st of convention) or Rosen Plaza ($179/night, close but not across street).

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Orlando/Hotel/

Yep. That's when I booked, back in December. So they told you a month ago? Wonder why I just got contacted now, two weeks before I arrive. Now I'm scrambling to find something. I'm not taking the alternate hotel that they booked for me 7 miles away!

Geester
03-30-2017, 01:01 PM
There's a room at the Clarion next to the Convention Center available. I am staying with a friend now so if you need a room call right now!!

drzza
03-30-2017, 11:52 PM
has anyone seen their charges yet for the one night charge??? i'm staying at the hyatt and have not seen anything yet??? i am planning on calling on peak tomorrow

DarthBaldylox
03-31-2017, 08:09 AM
CC info from onepeak to the hotels are being transferred next week. I made a call 2 days ago to check on mine at the hyatt regency

has anyone seen their charges yet for the one night charge??? i'm staying at the hyatt and have not seen anything yet??? i am planning on calling on peak tomorrow

JediEddy
03-31-2017, 09:37 AM

My CC was charged on 3/24. I'm staying at the Rosen Plaza.

80ninjas
03-31-2017, 10:32 AM
If you booked recently you may not have been charged yet (like, in the last week through OnPeak). You should call the hotel that you've book through OnPeak to verify your reservation. I called the Rosen Centre this morning and they confirmed and even sent me a form with all my reservation information on it.

atmicwedgy
03-31-2017, 12:29 PM
I called the Hyatt Regency and they said they don't expect the list of names from OnPeek until April 5. Gave me a bit of an anxiety attack when first operator couldn't find my name! Then the forwarded me to someone else, who had to look under event code 'SW' to tell me to try again in several days. Just a heads up.

80ninjas
03-31-2017, 01:49 PM
The rep I spoke to at the Rosen Centre had to contact their person who coordinates with OnPeak for the event before they found my reservation. So make sure you tell them you booked through an event site and give them the company (OnPeak) and the event.

epsilonjedi
04-01-2017, 02:57 PM
has anyone seen their charges yet for the one night charge??? i'm staying at the hyatt and have not seen anything yet??? i am planning on calling on peak tomorrowBooked Hilton through OnPeak when it first went live. Have yet to see a charge.

TheAQU4M4N
04-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Me and a couple of my friends are staying at Cabana Bay Beach, don't think its too far from the Convention Center.

atmicwedgy
04-06-2017, 10:53 AM
I called the Hyatt Regency and they said they don't expect the list of names from OnPeek until April 5. Gave me a bit of an anxiety attack when first operator couldn't find my name! Then the forwarded me to someone else, who had to look under event code 'SW' to tell me to try again in several days. Just a heads up.
Just called again today and successfully confirmed my Hyatt Regency reservation. :D

SoonerSean
04-07-2017, 08:47 AM
The Rosen website didn't recognize my confirmation number. But I called and just with email and phone number they were able to confirm my stay.

jaash
04-07-2017, 09:51 AM
My reservation at the Hilton Orlando that was placed through OnPeak is showing up in my Hilton app now, with the sub-heading "Star Wars Celebration". Whew....glad to finally see that everything is all set!!

deathstar1000
04-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Just called the Centre and confirmed as well! Less than a week to go!!!

ESB80
04-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Rosen Centre just charged my CC deposit! It's on!

quigser
04-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Is the Hilton easy to access the convention center from? hard to tell on the map...

BenObi_70
04-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Is the Hilton easy to access the convention center from? hard to tell on the map...

I'd say a 10-15 minute walk.

quigser
04-08-2017, 04:49 PM
thanks! appreciate it.

EChosen
04-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Just curious why so many people here seemed to book thru on peak? I'm a very loyal Hotels.com user, partially because of familiarity, but more so becaause I've always been happy with their service, prices, and rewards program.

ESB80
04-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Tips was my first time using on Peak. For all Celebrations since 2002 I have been able to use reward points to cover the full stays but after 16 years of hoarding points my leisure travel has caught up to business travel haha. I was a college student during C1 so we basically just lived in a van down by the river for 3 days. Had to use on peak simply because I waited so long to book that that was the only way to get the hotels that were close enough.

groove790
04-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Just curious why so many people here seemed to book thru on peak? I'm a very loyal Hotels.com user, partially because of familiarity, but more so becaause I've always been happy with their service, prices, and rewards program.

Main reason for me was that the booking was open more than a year in advance and it was the only way to guarantee a nice hotel near by.

atmicwedgy
04-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Main reason for me was that the booking was open more than a year in advance and it was the only way to guarantee a nice hotel near by.
Yeah, I kept pinging the Hyatt site directly and no luck. Then, one day, OnPeak started having availability while the Hyatt site still did not.
Also, a couple of pages back, some folks with reservations (either thru hotel site or other, but NOT OnPeak), was told by hotel that they overbooked their rooms and cancelled their reservation. I have not heard of this type of thing for anyone who reserved via OP (unless they're credit card was invalid when charges came).