PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Orlando: Exhibitors

Chris Wyman
07-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Discuss which companies you are hoping to see at this event.

ISDAvenger
07-27-2016, 10:13 PM
I know Lego will be there and look forward as to what their exclusive will be. Based on previous Celebrations, I am sure they will have one.

The_Chosen_1
07-28-2016, 08:17 PM
I agree, Lego's exclusives are always fun. (They didn't have one this year for Celebration, but hopefully they will for Orlando)

Mr_Mundi
07-29-2016, 10:18 AM
I agree, Lego's exclusives are always fun. (They didn't have one this year for Celebration, but hopefully they will for Orlando)

Actually according to this post, they did have an exclusive at CELondon. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1121242&page=8&p=19828612&viewfull=1#post19828612

The_Chosen_1
07-29-2016, 11:50 AM
It was an early release "exclusive" (if that's even a thing). I've got mine preordered on Amazon: http://It was an early release "exclusive" (if that's even a thing). I've got mine preordered on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-War...build+your+own (http://It was an early release "exclusive" (if that's even a thing). I've got mine preordered on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-War...build+your+own)

Navarr
08-03-2016, 11:19 AM
My wife and I did a 3d scan from a company called Capture me in 3D ( http://www.capturemein3d.com/) at AwesomeCon in DC back in June. We did a 3D scan for our Dr Who costumes.

I got the 3d piece yesterday and it was far better than I ever expected.

I know they had a 3D scan company at the first or second Orlando show but those guys had a huge setup that took a while to scan. The one we used took 60 seconds or so and all they used was a hand scanner and another guy took digital pics for color reference for the print.

I think these guys would be great for SWC for people to get scans and have prints made of their costumes. They have several sizes for the prints and you can do a payment plan with them.

Imperial1973
08-03-2016, 11:11 PM
EFX, sideshow, hot toys.. I hope they have booths set-up...

groove790
12-27-2016, 01:41 PM
I assume that Anovos will be there. Does anyone remember if they had any irresistible deals at Celebration Anaheim. I remember CVI and the offer for the OT Stormtrooper armor but I don't remember what they offered in Anaheim. I'm wondering if I should plan to drop some cash with them this year.

TK_421
12-30-2016, 02:27 AM
I assume that Anovos will be there. Does anyone remember if they had any irresistible deals at Celebration Anaheim. I remember CVI and the offer for the OT Stormtrooper armor but I don't remember what they offered in Anaheim. I'm wondering if I should plan to drop some cash with them this year.

The OT Stormtrooper kit was $350 shipped, they are now selling it for $650.

Hutt
12-30-2016, 04:29 PM
The OT Stormtrooper kit was $350 shipped, they are now selling it for $650.

It's 450$ on the Anovos website.

groove790
12-30-2016, 05:07 PM
TK_421 - Thanks for the info. I couldn't remember if that deal was in Anaheim of Orlando last. If they run it again I'll probably bite.

Hutt - The $450 price is without the soft goods (undersuit, neck seal, gloves, etc.) I believe the $350 Celebration price included all of that.

Thanks for the responses. Announcements are starting to come finally and the hype is building! I'm definitely excited to see what is in store.

Hutt
12-30-2016, 09:19 PM
That is a fantastic deal if it came with the soft goods.

TK_421
01-02-2017, 01:02 AM
That is a fantastic deal if it came with the soft goods.

It did. They said at Celebration it was a one time offering, so I bit.

Navarr
01-03-2017, 12:51 PM
The Website has a few vendors listed

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Show-Floor/Exhibitor-List-Preview/

deathstar1000
01-03-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm surprised Sideshow is going. They've only done West Coast before.

CaptainAlex
01-03-2017, 05:10 PM
I want Disney to have a huge presence. I want the theme parks to have a booth, their merchandising arm to have one, publishing another, etc.....

Ross_C
01-03-2017, 07:28 PM
They don't seem to care much do they. I would like to see a special after hours event at the Parks.

I want Disney to have a huge presence. I want the theme parks to have a booth, their merchandising arm to have one, publishing another, etc.....

Cotasnoova
01-04-2017, 12:34 AM
Exhibitor list is looking decent so far.

kylophone
01-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't know if this is the right thread but I'm going to Celebration for the first time this year and I'd like to add on to my vintage figure collection.

Is it safe to assume all vintage figures will be authentic? I want to feel safe buying at Celebration, as I have no places or stores around me to buy them. Is Celebration a good place for authentic vintage or should I stay away?

Thanks

starwarsisgood
01-08-2017, 12:06 PM
I don't know if this is the right thread but I'm going to Celebration for the first time this year and I'd like to add on to my vintage figure collection.

Is it safe to assume all vintage figures will be authentic? I want to feel safe buying at Celebration, as I have no places or stores around me to buy them. Is Celebration a good place for authentic vintage or should I stay away?

Thanks

I'd feel safe buying from the vendors at Celebration.

groove790
01-08-2017, 01:43 PM

Thanks

It states very clearly in the vendor guidelines that bootleg items will NOT be tolerated. That being said, I was able to get a pirated TV series on DVD at CVI from a booth selling primarily bootleg videos.

I agree with the others though. I think the risk of being thrown out for selling fakes outweighs the money spent to sell at the show. When it comes to figures you should be pretty safe.

Do some research and learn how to spot a fake and it won't hurt. I know LEGO is easy to pirate but if you know a little about the differences it's an easy spot.

Cotasnoova
01-08-2017, 05:26 PM

Thanks

I'm sure there will be vintage. Expensive...I bet

nerfherder21
01-08-2017, 08:50 PM

If Disney is there, I think it will be with Panels especially the Theme Parks. Easter Weekend is at the Peak of Spring Break, which means they don't have Cast members for a booth especially a Merchandise booth. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the Disney Travel Sellers are there to start getting people into Packages before SW Land opens at Disneyland. Wouldn't be surprised if Publishing has a booth with some of the authors there. I would be shocked if there are multiple authors there. Not sure if Merchandise would be there.

groove790
01-08-2017, 08:59 PM

I'd like to see the digital imaging to turn you into a stormtrooper return. I was disappointed that it wasn't in Anaheim. I couldn't afford it at V or VI and it wasn't available in Anaheim. fingers crossed for Orlando '17. I also hope they do a Disney park event like they did for V. That was fun!

Ross_C
01-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Most of the vendors are good but there are fakes sold there every time. You can't be blind when you buy and just assume. Toy Chamber, Toy Cave, Toy heaven are all very safe vendors.

Thanks

Red_Wire
04-09-2017, 10:28 AM
First time Celebration attendee here. Do vendors typically have a decent selection of Gentle Giant, Sideshow, and Kotobukiya statues at these events?

DarthWaller
04-09-2017, 11:46 AM
First time Celebration attendee here. Do vendors typically have a decent selection of Gentle Giant, Sideshow, and Kotobukiya statues at these events?

There is usually a fair amount of items from those companies at Celebration. The floor is scattered with quite a few collectible vendors. Just make notes of prices you see and shop around. Some are typically higher than others.

Red_Wire
04-09-2017, 12:30 PM
There is usually a fair amount of items from those companies at Celebration. The floor is scattered with quite a few collectible vendors. Just make notes of prices you see and shop around. Some are typically higher than others.

Got it. Thanks!

darthvader1usa
04-09-2017, 12:52 PM

Per Sideshow customer service, they will not be selling anything at Clebration, just showing upcoming items.

Sorry but there is no celebration exclusive. We will not be selling anything at celebration. We are there to show our product in pre-order and some stuff that is coming down the pipeline.

80ninjas
04-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I kind of like that they're doing that. It gives those of us that collect SS stuff a chance to see some of the pieces in pre-order in person before making a decision.

StarKiller421
04-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Are they allowing exhibitors early access to the Celebration Store on Wednesday night again?

StarKiller421
04-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Anyone know??

SABRESEDGE
04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Nope. Crew and VIP's only.

James

Mikeinator
04-12-2017, 09:41 AM
anyone know how ThinkGeek runs their booth? do they allot per day, normally have lots of stock?

mousedroid
04-12-2017, 11:30 AM
anyone know how ThinkGeek runs their booth? do they allot per day, normally have lots of stock?

Not sure. I e-mail their customer service to ask what the price and availability was on the Jabba/Salacious Tiki set and they basically told me that information is a secret.

Mikeinator
04-12-2017, 01:21 PM
That's a load of crap.

Is the tiki set their only exclusive? I'd wager it'd be $25-$40. I think individuals were like $15 on their site but this has a small shot glass Crumb with Jabba tiki glass and it's a convention item.

I won't be heartbroken if I don't get it, I mainly just wanted the lil shot glass, but I've got the Yoda one and 3 others already so I have a full 4 glass tiki set. But I wouldn't be a Star Wars collector is I used logic, now would I?

mousedroid
04-12-2017, 03:12 PM
To be fair, what they told me was,

Unfortunately the overlords like to keep items, price of items, etc. a secret so as of now here at customer service we don't know price or availability. If this is something you can't live without (which is the way I fell) I'd hit up the ThinkGeek booth as soon as you can.

skywalker49
04-16-2017, 09:22 PM
There was a guy who had a ton of Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo figures for sale. I totally spaced on getting his name or email because I was worried about shipping the stuff back home but if anyone knows how to get in touch with him please let me know.