PDA

View Full Version : Farmboy Luke SDCC

JediEddy
06-28-2016, 11:18 AM
If you're interested, you can pre-order now.

Both brown and yellow hair. While I do like these figures, I think they're copping out doing all these repaints.

Edit: Another thing that strikes me as odd, both say they're limited to 250 each, but no where does it say, limit 1 per customer?

BillMulder
06-28-2016, 11:42 AM
While I do like these figures, I think they're copping out doing all these repaints.I feel the same way. I like that they're giving people a way to get a way to get those figrues that doesn't involve eBay but I'd much rather see something new or even a variant like the Luke Jedi with a blue lightsaber.

xphillips
06-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Not what I expected as a Comic-Con exclusive, but I am happy they are pretty limited at 250 each. I just ordered mine. I like the brown hair better than yellow. These should sell out quickly because of the limited numbers (but we'll see)... I also like the 2 different packages.

I used my $10 off PM code and $49 of points I've been saving.

Bricker
06-28-2016, 12:24 PM
I feel the same way. I like that they're giving people a way to get a way to get those figrues that doesn't involve eBay but I'd much rather see something new or even a variant like the Luke Jedi with a blue lightsaber.

kinda disappointed. It seems like a convention exclusive is a perfect opportunity for a more niche figure for collectors. I guess these "work", but I'd rather have a new figure. While I'd love an Amanman or Stormy Luke, I'd settle for anything new. Hell, give me a General Madine over a repaint.

Shabby_Blue
06-28-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm just glad to finally get a brown haired Farmboy Luke. I've been clamoring for that variant ever since they started this Jumbo line.

Shabby_Blue
06-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Well crap... are they already sold out? I logged in to order them and both are listed as "Out of Stock" but you never know for sure when it comes to GG's website, because sometimes it doesnt recognize I'm a PGM member even when I'm logged in. Can anyone else confirm if these are legitimately sold out now for PGM members? I had this same issue with the DROIDS C3PO and R2 last year too. Took forever to get their website to actually allow me to add them to a cart and checkout. :(

They clearly underestimated demand if these sold out within like an hour or so after going up. :(

Bricker
06-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Well crap... are they already sold out? I logged in to order them and both are listed as "Out of Stock" but you never know for sure when it comes to GG's website, because sometimes it doesnt recognize I'm a PGM member even when I'm logged in. Can anyone else confirm if these are legitimately sold out now for PGM members? I had this same issue with the DROIDS C3PO and R2 last year too. Took forever to get their website to actually allow me to add them to a cart and checkout. :(

They clearly underestimated demand if these sold out within like an hour or so after going up. :(

Yep, showing out of stock on my end. They went fast!

Zodach
06-28-2016, 02:33 PM
There were only 250 of each. Have they ever had an exclusive jumbo figure that limited? If they plan on selling these at SDCC then I doubt they set aside very many for Premier Guild members. These will cause scalper pandemonium at the Gentle Giant booth at SDCC.

jedimasterc
06-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Well, not much to get me excited, glad the folks who got one got one. I would have liked to get the basic Luke on the Star Wars Card if he had the brown hair. I do agree it was a missed opportunity to do other figures. See we are getting the POTF Carbonite Solo as the PMG exclusive, the Luke Stormy would have been a better choice.

CanadianJedi
06-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Earlier I talked with CS at GG and they had a problem with their servers. They actually sold out and the server kept taking orders. So they are going to go through and see if there are any duplicate orders, cancel them and then go through the time you order them and cancel orders that they do not have enough for.
I hope they do not choose to do this. It will leave some customers very upset that they took the order and then cancelled it. They should just use the mistake and the obvious demand for the figures as a reason to increase the limited numbers i.e. from 250 to 500. Turn a negative situation into a positive.

Shabby_Blue
06-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Earlier I talked with CS at GG and they had a problem with their servers. They actually sold out and the server kept taking orders. So they are going to go through and see if there are any duplicate orders, cancel them and then go through the time you order them and cancel orders that they do not have enough for.
I hope they do not choose to do this. It will leave some customers very upset that they took the order and then cancelled it. They should just use the mistake and the obvious demand for the figures as a reason to increase the limited numbers i.e. from 250 to 500. Turn a negative situation into a positive.

Agreed. As I said above, they clearly underestimated demand for this one. There's a lot more people that wanted one and couldn't get them if they sold out in less than 2 hours. I'm very frustrated I couldn't get a brown haired Luke, considering I've been asking for one for several years now. :(

machiwoomiapoo
06-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Agreed. As I said above, they clearly underestimated demand for this one. There's a lot more people that wanted one and couldn't get them if they sold out in less than 2 hours. I'm very frustrated I couldn't get a brown haired Luke, considering I've been asking for one for several years now. :(

I just got off work, but it was already sold out when I got online at 1:30pm. If you a PGM member shouldn't you get all the exclusives!?!? This is really bad. I already have the blonde hair Luke, so I was hoping to get the Brown hair version. Well, I guess I'll have to buy it from a scalper....sigh. :(

Shabby_Blue
06-28-2016, 03:51 PM
What frustrates me is that this is a PREORDER. So logically it should guage the demand for the item. Just keep taking orders up to a cut off date/time rather than a quantity limit, and then produce enough figures to meet the preorder count. That's how it should be done. I guess GG just wanted to limit the amount of money they make on these as well by only selling 250 when potentially they could have sold twice that amount. :(

machiwoomiapoo
06-28-2016, 04:16 PM
What frustrates me is that this is a PREORDER. So logically it should guage the demand for the item. Just keep taking orders up to a cut off date/time rather than a quantity limit, and then produce enough figures to meet the preorder count. That's how it should be done. I guess GG just wanted to limit the amount of money they make on these as well by only selling 250 when potentially they could have sold twice that amount. :(

I checked ebay. It looks like the cheapest is $210 right now. That may be a decent price if it's that limited. I really wish I would've ordered earlier to save some money. What is everyone else going to do?

BillMulder
06-28-2016, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't completely give up hope yet because IF there are figures that don't sell at the SDCC, they'll put them up on their website.

Shabby_Blue
06-28-2016, 04:19 PM
I checked ebay. It looks like the cheapest is $210 right now. That may be a decent price if it's that limited. I really wish I would've ordered earlier to save some money. What is everyone else going to do?

I'm not paying the scalper prices that are 3 times what it just sold for 4 hours ago. I don't need it that badly. It's just a shame GG didn't realize the demand for this and produced more of them.

BillMulder
06-28-2016, 04:23 PM
I checked ebay. It looks like the cheapest is $210 right now. That may be a decent price if it's that limited. I really wish I would've ordered earlier to save some money. What is everyone else going to do?I don't want to give anyone bad advice but I would definitely wait to see what the prices level out to after the show. Right now, the panic has set in so people are probably paying way more than they will have to if they hold on until scalpers start to flood eBay with them during the SDCC. And then by August or September, the prices will probably drop even more.

machiwoomiapoo
06-28-2016, 04:54 PM
I don't want to give anyone bad advice but I would definitely wait to see what the prices level out to after the show. Right now, the panic has set in so people are probably paying way more than they will have to if they hold on until scalpers start to flood eBay with them during the SDCC. And then by August or September, the prices will probably drop even more.

I'll wait. My friend hooked me up with the Droids R2 last year. I thought there was only 250 total. Doesn't that mean they won't have any for the show? I have several friends going to the show, but I hate to bugging them to get me one. I'd rather pay an ebay seller after the show. I'll just watch the site until then. I'm really just mad at myself for not getting on earlier.

jedimasterc
06-28-2016, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't completely give up hope yet because IF there are figures that don't sell at the SDCC, they'll put them up on their website.

True, I missed out on both the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett back in 2010 at C5. When I got home they were up on GG's site and ordered them. As I said, It's kind of a neat variant but not "new". Honestly I liked to Bespin Luke more. The thing with Luke not being able to hold a gun like in the movie bugged me even when I was a kid.

BillMulder
06-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I'll wait. My friend hooked me up with the Droids R2 last year. I thought there was only 250 total. Doesn't that mean they won't have any for the show?My guess (and it's nothing more than that) is that GG only sells a small chunk of those 250 as pre-orders and they keep the vast majority to sell at the convention. That way, they won't be disappointing people at an event that's basically designed to show off their products and put their best foot forward. Then if there's any figures that go unsold at the convention, they can just put them up on their site. Unfortunately, with only 250 made and a quick sell out on pre-orders, it seems likely that they'll sell them all at the show.

Antman
06-28-2016, 11:36 PM
I was one of the ones who had their order cancelled due to the oversell. Gentle Giant did send a $80 gift card code to use on any pre-order or instock item in the future.

Sucks that I won't getting the brown-haired Luke, but I do like that $80 gift card code. At least they did something to make up for their major mistake.

Dr_Jedi
06-29-2016, 01:53 AM
I got the $80 gift card code as well for losing out on both jumbo Luke's. My email also said something about placing an order for a jumbo Han in Carbonite. Did that show up on yours as well?

xphillips
06-29-2016, 07:57 AM
That's good customer service to offer an $80 credit. GG had come a long way in customer service. We all know it's not perfect, but things like this are signs of better leadership and a better understanding of customer service and owning their own mistakes. My preorder (I think) is secure because I got the order in pretty quick, but if I were to get an $80 credit I'd feel pretty good. That's like a free PG Membership (which equals a Han in Carbonite!)

ramy
06-29-2016, 08:00 AM
I ordered this the minute it was announced and got cancelled. This is crap

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Zodach
06-29-2016, 08:08 AM
I wonder if it was available on their website before the e-mail announcement was even sent out? If there are only 250 of each of these and they want to sell them at SDCC for all 5 days (which they typically do), I bet they had 50 or less for the website. It was at least nice of them to provide the gift card code but making only 250 of each of these was rather shortsighted. Very few PG members even had a chance at them. Hopefully they don't have the same issue with their other SDCC exclusives.

JediEddy
06-29-2016, 08:10 AM
I wonder if it was available on their website before the e-mail announcement was even sent out? If there are only 250 of each of these and they want to sell them at SDCC for all 5 days (which they typically do), I bet they had 50 or less for the website. It was at least nice of them to provide the gift card code but making only 250 of each of these was rather shortsighted. Very few PG members even had a chance at them. Hopefully they don't have the same issue with their other SDCC exclusives.

They were available before the email (at least before I got my email). I was on their website and saw the figures pop-up. I got the email about 30 minutes after I ordered.

Shabby_Blue
06-29-2016, 10:45 AM
I like how Rebelscum itself and other websites were late to even post the article about this on their main page, including text that says "Available for preorder now!" even though these sold out long before even being reported on most websites. I bet there's a LOT of PGM members upset about missing this one. Gentle Giant botched this one badly.

GGC
06-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Gentle Giant botched this one badly.

Actually, they didn't. They sent a mass e-mail last week (Friday I believe) to let people know to check back on Tuesday the 28th as the 1st SDCC item was coming. Then, on Monday the 27th via Twitter, they sent out a Tweet that Yodasnews would have the first reveal and to check them out the morning of the 28th, Yodasnews that also sent out a message via Instagram and Facebook on the 27th saying the same. And lastly, at 9:30am on the 28th, the reveal was on YN and it said the pre-order would be live at 12pmEST/9PST. That message (hours earlier) was also retweeted and posted by several other websites and large Twitter accounts.

So maybe you don't get the GG e-mails, and maybe you don't follow GG on social media and maybe you don't go to Yodasnews, but there was several heads up about this starting on Friday.

Antman
06-29-2016, 12:15 PM
I got the $80 gift card code as well for losing out on both jumbo Luke's. My email also said something about placing an order for a jumbo Han in Carbonite. Did that show up on yours as well?

No, no mention of ordering Han in Carbonite, however I already chose that as my Membership gift shortly after renewing.

Antman
06-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Even though there was info saying stay tuned on Tuesday for a SDCC product, their big botch was that their system kept taking orders after inventory was all gone. That shouldn't happen. And, in my opinion, if the items were available prior to the time noted in emails/tweets, etc., that's not exactly fair for those who waited till the proper time.

Disappointed I am, but I'll use my $80 elsewhere, hopefully on some special item that gets announced.

machiwoomiapoo
06-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Actually, they didn't. They sent a mass e-mail last week (Friday I believe) to let people know to check back on Tuesday the 28th as the 1st SDCC item was coming. Then, on Monday the 27th via Twitter, they sent out a Tweet that Yodasnews would have the first reveal and to check them out the morning of the 28th, Yodasnews that also sent out a message via Instagram and Facebook on the 27th saying the same. And lastly, at 9:30am on the 28th, the reveal was on YN and it said the pre-order would be live at 12pmEST/9PST. That message (hours earlier) was also retweeted and posted by several other websites and large Twitter accounts.

So maybe you don't get the GG e-mails, and maybe you don't follow GG on social media and maybe you don't go to Yodasnews, but there was several heads up about this starting on Friday.

I got the e-mail on Friday, but honestly didn't expect them to sell out before I got off work. When I got home around 1:30pm they were long gone. I wish GG would just take my money early and just give me all the exclusives automatically. I think Mattel does that. Oh well, scalpers are going to be paid by me instead of GG. I'm sure someone will be selling this during SDCC to help pay for all their overpriced hotels. I went to SDCC from 2009-2014, but it's just too crazy now. I feel regret for missing the PGM pre-order, but I don't mind paying the scalpers double or triple to complete my collection. I have all the SW figures except for the new Lukes and Villain 3 pack. I couldn't complete my original vintage MOC collection because prices just got insane, but at least I can complete the GG 12" collection since there's more of them.

I wonder why they chose to only produce 250 of them. It seems like a bad decision. Why not let PGM members actually get one since they've already paid to be a member and have the benefits of being a member. I think I'll probably be paying $400 or more for the 2 of them. I could probably get some sweet original vintage carded figure for that price.

Oh well, OCD sucks. I'll pay....I'll pay. I feel like I'm paying Jabba the Hutt every time I buy from a scalper though. :(

BillMulder
06-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Actually, they didn't.I'm not one of the people who nitpicks GG all the time but I do think it's very fair to say that when they oversell and then cancel pre-orders from people who paid to be in the PGM that that qualifies as botching it. I think GG would agree because they wouldn't be giving out $80 gift certificates if they didn't feel that they made a big, big mistake.

The worst part is that they have more Lukes that they'll be selling at Comic Con so they could make up for their pre-order mistake by pulling from the ones slated for Comic Con but they chose to screw the PGM members instead.

machiwoomiapoo
06-29-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm not one of the people who nitpicks GG all the time but I do think it's very fair to say that when they oversell and then cancel pre-orders from people who paid to be in the PGM that that qualifies as botching it. I think GG would agree because they wouldn't be giving out $80 gift certificates if they didn't feel that they made a big, big mistake.

The worst part is that they have more Lukes that they'll be selling at Comic Con so they could make up for their pre-order mistake by pulling from the ones slated for Comic Con but they chose to screw the PGM members instead.

AMEN Brother Bill

GGC
06-29-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm not one of the people who nitpicks GG all the time but I do think it's very fair to say that when they oversell and then cancel pre-orders from people who paid to be in the PGM that that qualifies as botching it. I think GG would agree because they wouldn't be giving out $80 gift certificates if they didn't feel that they made a big, big mistake.

No, I agree with you that the system failed sucked, and I was happy to see they owned up to it and gave $80 to the people who had the issue. My response was 100% about the communication prior to the sale date/time.

Where the poster said "I like how Rebelscum itself and other websites were late to even post the article about this on their main page, including text that says "Available for preorder now!" even though these sold out long before even being reported on most websites. I bet there's a LOT of PGM members upset about missing this one."

BillMulder
06-29-2016, 01:40 PM
No, I agree with you that the system failed sucked, and I was happy to see they owned up to it and gave $80 to the people who had the issue. My response was 100% about the communication prior to the sale date/time.OK, I agree with you there as well.

wgenich
06-29-2016, 02:12 PM
I got the e-mail on Friday, but honestly didn't expect them to sell out before I got off work. When I got home around 1:30pm they were long gone. I wish GG would just take my money early and just give me all the exclusives automatically. I think Mattel does that.

In an email to GG today, I asked for them to consider a subscription of the various lines. Imagine having a subscription that held your items like BBTS's bag-o-loot, and get three busts or 2 jumbos shipped at a time, saving on shipping and not missing out on items because the scalpers beat you to the website.

MasterX
06-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Gentle Giant knows how to take the orders.... they just don't understand how to hold the orders..... for their PGM Members. My order was cancelled... no brown hair luke for me. I did get the Voucher for $80.... that is a positive but it appears that demand for these are probably very high and I'm curious on Ebay how much money it will cost to obtain one... my guess is that it will cost me more than $80.

X

jedimasterc
06-29-2016, 05:04 PM
I know for the most part their exclusives for SDCC have been pretty easy to get at least for me in the past. I am very puzzled why they made 250. I'm not sure if the 250 is both figures combined or separate. I got the Vinyl Caped Jawa very easily as well as the AT-At driver.

GGC
06-29-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure if the 250 is both figures combined or separate.

250 of each. Confirmed with GG.

jedimasterc
06-30-2016, 05:52 AM
Yeah I missed that detail in they email I got.

BlueSnaggletooth
06-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Missed the pre-order (like most). Planning on grabbing both Lukes at SDCC.

-Snags

Zodach
06-30-2016, 10:24 AM
I hope you are able to get in line early Snags. Best of luck to you getting these at SDCC.

Shabby_Blue
06-30-2016, 12:12 PM
This will be their first SDCC Jumbo exclusive I've missed. All because of the ridiculously low production number. :(

ramy
06-30-2016, 01:27 PM
This will be their first SDCC Jumbo exclusive I've missed. All because of the ridiculously low production number. :(

Same here. :(

wgenich
06-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Same here. :(

Before this incident, there was only one Jumbo I didn't get direct from GG - the Celebration Europe Trilogo Yak Face... because those went up for pre-order at like 2:00 a.m. my time, and were sold out by the time I woke up in the morning.

And missing these two make three. Le sigh.

Lady_Macbeth
06-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Before this incident, there was only one Jumbo I didn't get direct from GG - the Celebration Europe Trilogo Yak Face... because those went up for pre-order at like 2:00 a.m. my time, and were sold out by the time I woke up in the morning.

If you ever need a night owl to help you out, you've found the right one (since my hours are basically a flip-flop of "normal" people's hours - or my circadian rhythms are meant for a different time zone/hemisphere).

BlueSnaggletooth
07-01-2016, 11:04 AM
I hope you are able to get in line early Snags. Best of luck to you getting these at SDCC.

Thx brother. The GG booth will be my first stop on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed...

-Snags

Kevin_Lentz
07-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a mess - sorry for those of you struggling to order. As a variant, these ones were a pass for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedimasterc
07-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a mess - sorry for those of you struggling to order. As a variant, these ones were a pass for me.

Yeah, I was really hoping for something a little more original then some variants. We got the Droid figures last year and the year before we got the AT-At drive(which is awesome) but these just felt kind of blah to me.

TheGoodDr
07-05-2016, 08:10 AM
I have to agree with the last couple of posts.....I found this year's SDCC exclusive kinda boring. Given just how many figures remain unmade something NEW would have been a welcome relief for the lack of announcements over the last 12 months or so.

Making figures like Lobot or the Bespin Security Guard exclusives would satisfy many a collector. And by their very nature of being marketed as an 'exclusive' ensures that they would sell out. The Hoth Rebel Commander is a no-brainer IMO!

A simple paint and card variation of a figure already released is lazy.

Jedi534
07-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Make sure you're signed in!

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/specialty-items/show-exclusives/farmboy-luke-yellow-rotj-jumbo-figure-sdcc-2016-exclusive

:P
(http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/specialty-items/show-exclusives/farmboy-luke-yellow-rotj-jumbo-figure-sdcc-2016-exclusive)

ramy
07-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Darn. I want the brown hair version.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Shabby_Blue
07-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Make sure you're signed in!

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/specialty-items/show-exclusives/farmboy-luke-yellow-rotj-jumbo-figure-sdcc-2016-exclusive

:P
(http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/specialty-items/show-exclusives/farmboy-luke-yellow-rotj-jumbo-figure-sdcc-2016-exclusive)

For what? It's still out of stock. Has been for a week. :(

jedimasterc
07-07-2016, 05:21 PM
I have to agree with the last couple of posts.....I found this year's SDCC exclusive kinda boring. Given just how many figures remain unmade something NEW would have been a welcome relief for the lack of announcements over the last 12 months or so.

Making figures like Lobot or the Bespin Security Guard exclusives would satisfy many a collector. And by their very nature of being marketed as an 'exclusive' ensures that they would sell out. The Hoth Rebel Commander is a no-brainer IMO!

A simple paint and card variation of a figure already released is lazy.

The Imperial commander is another one.

Jedi534
07-07-2016, 11:44 PM
For what? It's still out of stock. Has been for a week. :(

At the time of my post, if you were signed in, and followed the link, the item showed "In Stock". When you clicked the "add to cart" button, the item switched immediately to "Out of Stock"!

I thought it was funny...

jedimasterc
07-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Ah well, not really going to lose any sleep over these.

Palitoy_DS_1971
07-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Ah well, not really going to lose any sleep over these.

Me neither, especially as those 2 figures have been shoved into cramped, economy sized bubbles, like Red Snags was all those years ago. They look ridiculously low on the cards, like they've slipped downwards.
Now they don't line up with the designated bubble space properly - GGLTD know full well these convention pieces rarely get opened and are primarily for display. The reason behind this cheap, last minute decision to house these 2 sought after re-issues like this escapes me.

For a company that promotes their use of digital tools and cutting edge tech, these are basic, poor aesthetic choices.
They have achieved perfect line-up on many figures - notably both Gamorrean Guards - absolutely spot-on. So I know they can do it when they try.
They only make the effort and go the extra mile when a figure is an unusual, awkward shape or extra large - Gammy's, Power Droid and Boushh.
ROTJ Boushh is really well executed from start to finish. The bubble and insert tray for SW Power Droid is beautifully engineered for a perfect fit and card line-up.

This is just sloppy and aggravates me in the extreme.
It's lazy and careless, when they can and should do better.

Am I over reacting? No - not when these typically cost $160 USD, as an overseas buyer (UK) - once you factor in shipping ($51USD) and import duty (20GBP).
The photoshopped promotional artwork had perfectly aligned bubble and card renderings... I hope they don't screw up next years re-issue of Greedo on the POTF card. http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/sdcc_2016_jumbo_complaint.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=356653)

(http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=356653)

BillMulder
07-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know if these sold out each day yet?

DarthChristopher
07-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Am I over reacting? No - not when these typically cost $160 USD, as an overseas buyer (UK) - once you factor in shipping ($51USD) and import duty (20GBP).
The photoshopped promotional artwork had perfectly aligned bubble and card renderings... I hope they don't screw up next years re-issue of Greedo on the POTF card.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/sdcc_2016_jumbo_complaint.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=356653)
(http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=356653)

OMG, good eye, you are not overreacting, those misaligned bubbles look bad!

http://www.rebelscum.com/2016-SDCC/2016-SDCC-Gentle-Giant-Ltd-Booth-Wednesday/image12.asp

I also was annoyed when I got the Red Snaggletooth and saw how his bubble sat too low against the card back's silver outline of the figure. The original Luke's bubble lined up good, so there's no excuse for these reissues.

Palitoy_DS_1971
07-24-2016, 03:55 PM
I also was annoyed when I got the Red Snaggletooth and saw how his bubble sat too low against the card back's silver outline of the figure. The original Luke's bubble lined up good, so there's no excuse for these reissues.
Red Snags is a nice figure, but I avoided it after seeing the bubble and card mismatch... with any luck GGLTD might POTF it and do the bubble PROPERLY.

DarthChristopher, my sentiments exactly, the orginal Luke has a really well lined up bubble - with better spacing for the figure.

I won't add too much, but these jumbos end up in our homes and will be scrutinized up close and personal. GGLTD, if you're reading this - we will notice - we're not idiots.

jedimasterc
07-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Not to mention that this is the same Luke we got a few years ago in the "basic" line on the Star Wars 21 back card. As I said the AT-At Driver, the Vinyl caped Jawa ,The POTF Yak Face and the Blue Snaggletooth were neat but these it me just felt so rushed. They could have offered a better exclusive. Heck even the POTF Jedi Luke with the Blue saber or the POTF Anakin Skywalker would have been cool. Also, they made a very microscopic amount of these, 250 each?

Palitoy_DS_1971
07-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Not to mention that this is the same Luke we got a few years ago in the "basic" line on the Star Wars 21 back card. As I said the AT-At Driver, the Vinyl caped Jawa ,The POTF Yak Face and the Blue Snaggletooth were neat but these it me just felt so rushed. They could have offered a better exclusive. Heck even the POTF Jedi Luke with the Blue saber or the POTF Anakin Skywalker would have been cool. Also, they made a very microscopic amount of these, 250 each?

In spite of my negative packaging comments, I was pleased to see GGLTD offer a second chance purchase for collectors who were late to the jumbo party, especially Luke Skywalker - one of the most sought after on the secondary market.

For me - it's all good until you take a proper look at the clamshell - it completely destroys all the good work and care that went into the cardback and 12" figure itself. It brings the curve down on what would otherwise have been a really strong release. To my eye, it looks like a temp clamshell - but of course it isn't. It's just a weird economy size that hasn't been used on any previously released figures.

I know what you're saying about the other convention exclusives - I thought the ESB At At Driver was weak as a stand alone release and it would been more satisfying if they'd made a POTF At At Driver to sell alongside the ESB one. Heck they could have made 2 POTF versions available if they had their thinking caps on - one with the correct vintage release of an Ewok coin and the other using an incorrect, but accurate AT AT coin.
They could have triple dipped with that one...
You know, to make the event that bit more special - it would have got collectors talking in a more positive way. imo.

BlueSnaggletooth
07-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know if these sold out each day yet?

Yes - they sold out very quickly each day. They were nearly impossible to get.

I tried to get them on Preview Night (was 20th in line) and they were sold out before I got there. Ended up first in line on Thursday so I was able to procure them.

-Snags

BillMulder
07-26-2016, 06:20 AM
Yes - they sold out very quickly each day. They were nearly impossible to get.

I tried to get them on Preview Night (was 20th in line) and they were sold out before I got there. Ended up first in line on Thursday so I was able to procure them.

-SnagsThat's what I figured. Thanks for the info!

PrimetimeJedi
08-03-2016, 05:17 PM
I preordered both versions off the GG site when they became available. Credit Card was charged on the 28th. Got a shipping notice on Monday. I got a "pending" charge for same order late last night. Called GG customer service and they pretty much told me I wasn't charged twice. Going to have to wait and see.

BillMulder
08-03-2016, 05:28 PM
I preordered both versions off the GG site when they became available. Credit Card was charged on the 28th. Got a shipping notice on Monday. I got a "pending" charge for same order late last night. Called GG customer service and they pretty much told me I wasn't charged twice. Going to have to wait and see.I believe I've gotten multiple messages like that on orders so you'll probably be OK. Needless to say, I'd definitely check your statement. :)

PrimetimeJedi
08-03-2016, 06:13 PM
I believe I've gotten multiple messages like that on orders so you'll probably be OK. Needless to say, I'd definitely check your statement. :)

Hoping it will be off my statement tomorrow or Friday. Got kind of a shock to see my account down $264 more. I told GG CS that I had a charge on 7/30 for that amount and last night at 11:33pm I had another charge for the same amount made. Hopefully it was an error and can be resolved