PDA

View Full Version : Disney Elite Die Cast General Grievous FS or FT

Skyvader
01-09-2016, 12:33 AM
mods delete thread please.

HonestAbe
01-09-2016, 05:13 PM
So, if I am understanding the purpose of your "For Sale" thread here...it's to basically try and make eight times (8x)your money on a figure you bought at retail recently. Correct? Since you went to an auction site and now see how some people are paying absurd money for a modern era figure, one that you own, you thought you'd come to RS and do the community here a "favor" by offering this "sought after" figure to the members here. This is a collector site not every toy scalper for himself.com!

All I can say are two things:

1) you need to research your scalping techniques a little bit better, because it took me .5 seconds to find this recently ended (sold) listing on the "Bay" as you called it...Star Wars Disney Exclusive General Grievous Elite Series Die Cast | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Disney-Exclusive-General-Grievous-Elite-Series-Die-Cast-/301842013811?hash=item46472f9e73:g:hW0AAOSwbdpWaRd Q)

2) I hope that the Staff here at RS deem your asking price to NOT be "fair market", and that they toss your thread into a black hole, and there it will remain for a long, long, long time!

Skyvader
01-10-2016, 04:45 PM
i didnt buy this at a store, i got it on eaby as well, im not trying to rip anyone, they are going for 200 plus, and thats a fact, i am a collector not a scalper, why would i take any less for my figure than what it is worth

bob_fett
01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
HonestAbe, are you a moderator? You have critiqued so many sale threads (including mine) that it's getting ridiculous. I understand this is a collecting community and to help each other out when we can but sometimes, items are bought higher than what they were retail and thus, comes the higher asking price. Grievous is no longer available at retail so what he is asking is what the market is paying (according to eBay). So what if he did buy it (I know he didn't) for the $25 and is trying to sell it for what it's SELLING for on eBay? I've helped so many here the past decade that it's not even funny, but sometimes it's ok to make a profit in this hobby.

Skyvader, sorry about derailing your thread, just had to get this off my chest.

jabbabon
01-10-2016, 06:07 PM
I have to agree, even if his selling it for $200 was wrong which I don't think it is as Disney appears to not be selling these anymore. It's not our place to call out new sellers. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything on here and if the collectors much like any market think the seller is asking too much, they won't buy it or trade for it. Which brings up another point, if I trade him 2 power of the force vintage figures I bought at a rummage for fifty cents each, should I also add the difference to what he paid?

The_Sith_Sense
01-10-2016, 11:12 PM
I never understood armchair moderators. You know what happens if I see a sales thread and don't like the price? Move on. At most I say something like...guys full of *#it. I've been on here for 15 years plus. If you don't like the price, move on. Don't be a keyboard warrior and police it. Speaking of which...I did happen to pick up that Elite Grevous....to sell or not to sell....plus. The example given was one of the only ones under 175

HonestAbe
01-10-2016, 11:50 PM
The Rules are the Rules. Nobody is above them, and every member here is supposed to abide by them. The Rules are found here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t947072/
The Rules state this: "- Prices must indicate no higher than fair market value. Moderators will use their judgment to decide whether or not the prices are fair. For items currently at retail stores, the prices must be no higher than their normal retail cost. NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED. If you paid more than retail for the item, you must state in your post that you did so. For items more than one year old, some leeway in price will be permitted, subject again to the discretion of the moderators." The OP did not state that in his original post. Most Scummers that do pay above retail are forthright from the onset, and many not only state the price the paid, but they include where they bought it from. Also, many (from the get go) also willingly provide proof of the actual price they paid.

If people want to try to gang up on me, I am fine with that, but I don't have to try to explain my online history, experience or pedigree to any of you. The point IS this...asking $200.00 for a figure that was available at disneystore.com within the past couple of months for a retail price of $24.99, on a collectors site mind you, is fundamentally wrong. Just because many of you are getting offended, and have opted to let me "have it", it only goes to show what sites like this have become. This is not an auction site, and trying to obtain premium prices here is both a major let down, and also a turn off to many who frequent this site in order to get away from the mentality of trying to profit in a huge way off fellow "collectors". I don't care how many years someone has or has not been a member here, that point is moot at best. The idea of trying to rip people off is where the problem I (and many others) have lies. Some people reveal themselves through their actions and words, and it's obvious not everyone here is out to help anyone, and not truly here to be a part of a collectors "community". All they see is a chance to swoop in and make a little "bank" for themselves. There are at least half a dozen members who DO frequent this site that would probably come to my defense if I asked them, but I am fine to stand on my own. It doesn't take a very brave person to go get a group of members to post in their "favor" in their thread, because someone has brought some insanity to light! It doesn't take a brave or strong individual to attack someone with a group of folks, that is a cowardly route to take IMHO. The Rules are the Rules, and a scalper is a scalper...is a scalper.

I still stand by what I said previously. Black hole. Soon and fast. That is what I hope!

King_D
01-11-2016, 02:07 AM
i didnt buy this at a store, i got it on eaby as well, im not trying to rip anyone, they are going for 200 plus, and thats a fact, i am a collector not a scalper, why would i take any less for my figure than what it is worth

Then why are you trying to resell it here instead of on eBay where you originally bought it?

HonestAbe, are you a moderator? You have critiqued so many sale threads (including mine) that it's getting ridiculous. I understand this is a collecting community and to help each other out when we can but sometimes, items are bought higher than what they were retail and thus, comes the higher asking price. Grievous is no longer available at retail so what he is asking is what the market is paying (according to eBay). So what if he did buy it (I know he didn't) for the $25 and is trying to sell it for what it's SELLING for on eBay? I've helped so many here the past decade that it's not even funny, but sometimes it's ok to make a profit in this hobby.

Skyvader, sorry about derailing your thread, just had to get this off my chest.

I have to agree, even if his selling it for $200 was wrong which I don't think it is as Disney appears to not be selling these anymore. It's not our place to call out new sellers. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything on here and if the collectors much like any market think the seller is asking too much, they won't buy it or trade for it. Which brings up another point, if I trade him 2 power of the force vintage figures I bought at a rummage for fifty cents each, should I also add the difference to what he paid?

I never understood armchair moderators. You know what happens if I see a sales thread and don't like the price? Move on. At most I say something like...guys full of *#it. I've been on here for 15 years plus. If you don't like the price, move on. Don't be a keyboard warrior and police it. Speaking of which...I did happen to pick up that Elite Grevous....to sell or not to sell....plus. The example given was one of the only ones under 175

You're all missing Abe's point; this is supposed to be a COMMUNITY where we help each other out; if the OP stated how much they paid and was just trying to break even that would be one thing, but that didn't happen. Yeah I know, "if you don't like the price then don't buy it" is true, but that's what Amazon, eBay, Facebook, and Craigslist are for; not Rebelscum.

And now the OP is looking for a price guide in another thread to sell more items for maximum profit while avoiding eBay fees? Might as well also insist on Paypal GIFT payments too.

As for the "armchair moderators" comment; if you don't already know, the current mods of this forum have busy lives and don't frequent this website often, but we still send our reports when the newbs and scalpers get out of line, and when the mods do log in they take care of the heavy work so other honest members don't get taken advantage of.

The_Sith_Sense
01-11-2016, 10:48 AM
I have nothing against nor am I ganging up on anyone. It's the constant policing of threads when I look, there is usually 1 or 2 or both on a thread, shaking a virtual finger at the member. "It sells for 10 bucks in a store, and you're asking 15????" Maybe it's worth 15 or 200 to that person. I know for some figures I've paid extra for. I figure in gas, time, etc on that stuff. I know I personally sell things at cost. I figure I was there anyway, probably picking it up anyway, so why not sell it at cost and help someone out. I like being nice that way. I'm not defending scalpers either. I hate it. Proto Fett was heavily scalped in my area and I nearly hated the figure because I was obsessed trying to find it. Anyway. It almost spoils the thread for me when I see that it's being policed on a fairly reasonable priced item. Why not make them mods then we can't argue. They would simply delete the thread I'm sure. If policing a Star Wars action figure sales thread is the highest and most important priority in someone's life, i want that one.

King_D
01-11-2016, 04:29 PM
I agree with everything you say; a few bucks here and there is one thing, but when you want to mark up a recent (albeit hard to find) item 800%, then that's what eBay is for, not a community of collectors trying to help each other out.

parintachin73
01-11-2016, 05:26 PM
I agree with everything you say; a few bucks here and there is one thing, but when you want to mark up a recent (albeit hard to find) item 800%, then that's what eBay is for, not a community of collectors trying to help each other out.
Amen. I'm gonna back HonestAbe up here. I don't ever police other people's FS thread, but he's right. This is a "collector" forum and it would be nice to keep it as such. The place to sell a 2 month old $24.95 figure for $200 is eBay, not here.

dxdave
01-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah, have to say I agree with Honest Abe. I've been around a long time here. This new individual to the community is just that....a new member since November 2015. Let's cut him a break and educate him a little on how this is supposed to be a "community".

Skyvader
01-11-2016, 09:23 PM
look, i understand this is a community, but just because a figures value goes up, does that mean i cant try to sell or trade it here? for example, FARMBOY vintage luke, 2 months ago was 30 bucks,now they are being sold, and listed here for double, im going to delete the thread just because im getting scolded for trying to sell or trade a figure for what its worth, i didnt think it would cause all this just because i put a figure up for sale.

Skyvader
01-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Until this thread i really loved star wars figures, i am looking for a good price guide because i like collecting the more expensive figures, and i like looking at the pics and learning all i can because im just getting back into this, or was. when i sell a figure, I BUY MORE FIGURES. i was just listing it for what it sells for, im done,

King_D
01-11-2016, 10:58 PM
look, i understand this is a community, but just because a figures value goes up, does that mean i cant try to sell or trade it here?

You can trade it for whatever value you want to put on it, that's kind of a gray area here, but you cannot post a thread to outright sell it in the FS section.

for example, FARMBOY vintage luke, 2 months ago was 30 bucks,now they are being sold, and listed here for double, im going to delete the thread just because im getting scolded for trying to sell or trade a figure for what its worth, i didnt think it would cause all this just because i put a figure up for sale.

If you're referring to the Vintage Collection DSE Luke, it was released in 2011 for $9.99; so asking $30-$60 or whatever you wanted in 2016 would be considered fair game since it's more than a year old.