PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair 2016 - February 15-16

GNT
01-02-2016, 05:53 PM
When - February 15-16

Toy Fair is right around the corner, what do you think we'll see in the SA 3.75" line? More figures perhaps? News on where this line of figures currently stands? New OT and TFA figures? or perhaps nothing at all? :p

Discuss your thoughts on this years SA 3.75" Black Series Toy Fair news right here.

Dhivael
01-02-2016, 06:20 PM
I'm mostly just hoping that we see SOME SA figures. Even if they put some of the "Walmart Exclusives" from this year onto TVC type cards, I would be over the moon.

DarthJudo
01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Black Series: I would like to see a removable helmet Kylo Ren, General Hux, General Leia, BB-8, Captain Phasma, Darth Revan, Exar Kun, Amiral Sloan and Luke with mechanical arm. If they have any extra plastic they can give us a Kanan and Ezra.

Black Series Sets: Poe interrogation

Big sets: Maz palace with secret room with light saber box. Star killer base with trash compactor!

Morgan4242
01-02-2016, 09:48 PM
I haven't cared about Toy Fair in a few years, super siked for 3 3/4th Black Series news!

Gimme my SOLO!!!

JediMerc
01-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Black Series: I would like to see a removable helmet Kylo Ren, General Hux, General Leia, BB-8, Captain Phasma, Darth Revan, Exar Kun, Amiral Sloan and Luke with mechanical arm. If they have any extra plastic they can give us a Kanan and Ezra.

Black Series Sets: Poe interrogation

Big sets: Maz palace with secret room with light saber box. Star killer base with trash compactor!

Prepare to be let down...

indysolo007
01-02-2016, 11:30 PM
I want someone to approach the Hasbro presentation or booth saying: You've got a lot of guts coming here after what you pulled..

Halomite
01-02-2016, 11:41 PM
If this line is exclusive to Wal-mart why should be expect Hasbro to reveal any new figures at Toyfair? Toyfair is a private trade show for companies to put in their purchase orders where exclusive reveals are left for the public at SDCC.

Ty
01-03-2016, 12:43 AM
If TBS is a WM exclusive, they should start a new 'everywhere' line, figures with, oh say 8 - 10 points of articulation. At the price they're asking for TBS, I don't really see that line supporting anything except first tier characters and honestly, once the main first tier TFA figures are all produced in their various 1st, 2nd and/if 3rd outfits +/- the occasional OT/PT unnecessary rehash, I don't see much life there after that. BUT there are still tons of figures that need to be made that I PRAY won't be released 5POA.

I'm glad those of you who enjoy the 5POA figures do enjoy them, they're surprisingly not bad, but it's just not good enough for me for my missing Cantina Denizens, Jabba's Palace creatures etc etc. We may just never get figures like those again, but I still want 'em. I can count a minimum of 5 different Ishi Tibs I still want, to cite a random example.

TK_842
01-03-2016, 03:38 AM
It took me some time but i think i finally abandonned all hope Hasbro will wow me with their Star Wars line up at Toy Fair. All i expect there are more 5 POA, a few underscaled vehicles, a handful of 6" and several role play items i don't care about. To top this, they'll certainly reveal yet another incredible concept that we'll have forgotten about by next year's fair.

MasAmedda
01-03-2016, 04:57 AM
It took me some time but i think i finally abandonned all hope Hasbro will wow me with their Star Wars line up at Toy Fair. All i expect there are more 5 POA, a few underscaled vehicles, a handful of 6" and several role play items i don't care about. To top this, they'll certainly reveal yet another incredible concept that we'll have forgotten about by next year's fair.

This is exactly what I think too :/

expedestrians
01-03-2016, 05:19 AM
Well now that there's no need for secrecy regarding TFA I don't see any reason why Hasbro can't reveal their full 2016 line-up (Rogue One excluded). Surely we'll be seeing a couple of full waves of TFA figures. There's already a big character selection in 5POA. Outside of the main characters I'd like to see different backgrounders from the 5POA line, there's already too many crossover figures which can't be helping the line survive.

micah1199
01-03-2016, 10:31 AM
I've given up hope. The 6 inch are not my thing. The recent figs are garbage. I miss the old SA 3 3/4 inch figs.

PoeType
01-03-2016, 12:34 PM
If this line is exclusive to Wal-mart why should be expect Hasbro to reveal any new figures at Toyfair? Toyfair is a private trade show for companies to put in their purchase orders where exclusive reveals are left for the public at SDCC.

This is an excellent point. They won't show any new 3.75" BS figures as long as the line remains exclusive to Walmart.

Julythrunov
01-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Stay tuned for comic con!!!

Ty
01-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Stay tuned to comic con 2066!

Darth_Brett
01-04-2016, 04:34 AM
This is an excellent point. They won't show any new 3.75" BS figures as long as the line remains exclusive to Walmart.

Raaatfaaaarts!!!!

Trooper31
01-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Unless the exlcusive contract ran out with wave 3 and this line becomes a general release, I'm not really expecting much from Hasbro besides their usual runaround.

It would be nice for the fan sites to ask whether Hasbro is going to Keep this line going or outright cancel it. My hope is that the line stays, however, if not, I hope enough fan sites let Hasbro know that many collectors aren't happy about the decision, and many of us aren't interested in 6" or 3.75" POA.

I can say for myself, that the amounts of Money that I put out for Hasbro products was significantly lower in 2015, than it was in 2014. If the 3.75" SA line goes, then the amount of Money Hasbro makes off me will end up around $0.

KiAdiRandy
01-04-2016, 09:25 AM
I'm speculating here, but I think Hasbro now sees that this line still has a lot of potential and there's a reason we've not seen anything past wave 3. I hope the exec who tried to scrub the 4 inch line in favor of the new 6 inch format gets demoted! If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Hasbro opening the 4 inch line up beyond Wally in 2016. We might actually see some good stuff at the 2016 Toy Fair as Hasbro should be trying to sell the line to all the major retailers. We will see...

DarthJudo
01-04-2016, 10:08 AM
I want someone to approach the Hasbro presentation or booth saying: You've got a lot of guts coming here after what you pulled..

Great idea! I would be willing to take my son to BOOO at the hasbro booth. But, it's probably too late to get tickets for 2016. Scummers should plan to occupy Hasbros booth at Toy Fair 2017!

indysolo007
01-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Someone really needs to confront them on the terrible quality, lack of communication and poor distribution. I feel like some get a case of the vapors around anyone from Hasbro and never really get aggressive about their dissatisfaction.

PoeType
01-04-2016, 01:13 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Hasbro opening the 4 inch line up beyond Wally in 2016.

I can't say this with absolutely certainty but the smart money says that the figures were a Walmart exclusive because other stores weren't ordering them. It's the same reason why GI Joe figures are now a TRU exclusive. Target, Walmart, etc. stopped carrying them because they weren't selling well so Hasbro was able to negotiate a deal with TRU. It's not a matter of Hasbro opening the line up beyond Walmart, Hasbro has to get other stores interested in placing orders for them and other stores may not be interested. I know that seems ridiculous but it does happen.

Now, I certainly hope that Hasbro has gotten other stores to place orders and they end their exclusivity with Walmart, I just wanted you to understand how these things work and why they're Walmart exclusives.

War_in_The_floor
01-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Seems like stores are playing a feudalism monopoly game ... colluding and fixing prices
" You get the good star wars figures this time and we will take the good GI Joes... so we don't compete on the same items"

matto
01-04-2016, 03:14 PM
What I'd like to see is more new figures from TFA in SA form. And I'm not talking about only 2 more waves consisting of about 4 total figures. I know we will see lots more 5POA but most don't care about that. Oh and I'd like to hear that TRU is getting a TVC style line with TFA figures or simply that other stores will be picking up the basic SA line too. Oh and I want to see a 6" Master Luke. Its probably too much to ask but a guy can hope right?

Rocket_Back
01-04-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm really hoping Hasbro has some kind of plan to continue offering OT and PT figures over the next several years. Another retail exclusive line would be great - like a return to the Vintage collection. I realize they aren't the focus (and shouldn't be with so much new media), but I hope we don't have to wait years to get that rumored Yak Face or finally cross Sim Aloo off our lists. I wouldn't mind a few other major Prequel characters either ('ol floaty chair Lars would be nice and another podracer or two)...

Trooper31
01-05-2016, 05:36 AM
I'm speculating here, but I think Hasbro now sees that this line still has a lot of potential ...

I agree, but I don't think Hasbro knows what to do now. I think Hasbro would like to kil this line, but collectors have totally abandoned it for the 6" line, like Hasbro had hoped. I think Hasbro sees the potential, but they don't know whether they should Support this line, and if so, how deep can they go (Unkar Plutt with 14 POA?????), and how Long it will last.

I don't think we'll hear much about this line from Hasbro for a while unless they've decided to go all channel and not just have it be exclusive to WM. I think Hasbro is hoping we all just give up and Switch to 6" and then they won't have to be the bad guy in all of this.

There is a market for 3.75" figures. Hasbro's Problem is that they only want to think in absolutes (5 poa or 14 POA) instead of making the right compromises (SA troopers and 5 POA Unkar Plutt).

I've said it before, had we gotten Zuvio and the Guavian Enforcer, along with Rey, Poe, Finn, stormtrooper, and Kylo in an SA 3.75" line on Force Friday, I would have bought them all up. To put out Money on a 6" Zuvio is not something I will do.

keknivek
01-05-2016, 11:41 AM
ToyFair Prediction:

We'll see the 3 3/4" figures we already know are coming, 6" figures that we've already seen repacked in new exclusive Green striped packaging (instead of the red or blue) and then they'll show us a nice presentation of Hero Mashers line that will include Admiral Piett, Clieg Lars, Ann/Tan Gella, and a running change (blue/green) Tonnika Sister.

OH... and they'll say wait for SDCC... where they'll eventually be showing us new repainted (sandy pants!) versions of the figures we already have, but the case will be covered until "Star Wars Day". We'll also get a new Holographic Constable Invisio (name changed from Zuvio... this figure will have 1 point of articulation... just the head, so it can be tilted down in disappointment)

Their presentation at SDCC will include an exclusive 6" Rey and Finn 2 pack Repack with cardboard Millenium Falcon cockpit foldout.

indysolo007
01-05-2016, 02:13 PM
ToyFair Prediction:

We'll see the 3 3/4" figures we already know are coming, 6" figures that we've already seen repacked in new exclusive Green striped packaging (instead of the red or blue) and then they'll show us a nice presentation of Hero Mashers line that will include Admiral Piett, Clieg Lars, Ann/Tan Gella, and a running change (blue/green) Tonnika Sister.

OH... and they'll say wait for SDCC... where they'll eventually be showing us new repainted (sandy pants!) versions of the figures we already have, but the case will be covered until "Star Wars Day". We'll also get a new Holographic Constable Invisio (name changed from Zuvio... this figure will have 1 point of articulation... just the head, so it can be tilted down in disappointment)

Their presentation at SDCC will include an exclusive 6" Rey and Finn 2 pack Repack with cardboard Millenium Falcon cockpit foldout.

see the future you can...

Ty
01-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Unless the exlcusive contract ran out with wave 3 and this line becomes a general release, I'm not really expecting much from Hasbro besides their usual runaround.

It would be nice for the fan sites to ask whether Hasbro is going to Keep this line going or outright cancel it. My hope is that the line stays, however, if not, I hope enough fan sites let Hasbro know that many collectors aren't happy about the decision, and many of us aren't interested in 6" or 3.75" POA.

I can say for myself, that the amounts of Money that I put out for Hasbro products was significantly lower in 2015, than it was in 2014. If the 3.75" SA line goes, then the amount of Money Hasbro makes off me will end up around $0.

If I'm not mistaken, I spent a total of $36 or so this year on Hasbro products. Boussh, Jawas, Mosep Binneed and for some unexplainable reason, a TFA Goss Toowers just so I could be on the TFA Bandwagon - It was $6.

I have a 6" Boba Fett that a friend bought me as a gift and I really like it a lot, but after what they did to Greedo, I decided right then and there I wasn't going to collect the 6" line, and I still don't have any intention to. If they somehow made 6" versions of some of my favorite characters (CZ-3, Amanaman, Squid Head etc) then you better believe I'd get those, but it's incredibly unlikely they'd ever get there, and truth is, I could take 'em or leave 'em.

My MAIN hope is that they'll start sneaking extra articulation back into the regular 3 3/4 line. It looks like it may have already started, it looks like Unkar Plutt may have a few extra POA (Wrists + Waist?). Maybe the line needed a total reboot, to start back where it did in 95, make lots of sales and possibly 'gofundme' of sorts to get back on track after supposedly going off the rails with the VC TPM waves. Of course they're not going to reveal their business plan to us ahead of time but if that were the case then I'd be happy. All I can say is, if in 2018 figures are still digitally sculpted (sorry digital artists) and 5 POA, and there's a concurrent $13 4 figure waves of "Black Series" offering SA Darth Vaders, every second wave, you can count me out - in which case it would be such a shame. At its heights, the modern 3 3/4" SW line was one of the most diverse and exciting toy lines in history. I said it earlier, I don't need 14 POA, I just need something that has a more to offer than 5 POA, and I want to fill in some of the gaps in my Cantina, Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace etc.

keknivek
01-07-2016, 02:34 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I spent a total of $36 or so this year on Hasbro products. Boussh, Jawas, Mosep Binneed and for some unexplainable reason, a TFA Goss Toowers just so I could be on the TFA Bandwagon - It was $6.

I have a 6" Boba Fett that a friend bought me as a gift and I really like it a lot, but after what they did to Greedo, I decided right then and there I wasn't going to collect the 6" line, and I still don't have any intention to. If they somehow made 6" versions of some of my favorite characters (CZ-3, Amanaman, Squid Head etc) then you better believe I'd get those, but it's incredibly unlikely they'd ever get there, and truth is, I could take 'em or leave 'em.

My MAIN hope is that they'll start sneaking extra articulation back into the regular 3 3/4 line. It looks like it may have already started, it looks like Unkar Plutt may have a few extra POA (Wrists + Waist?). Maybe the line needed a total reboot, to start back where it did in 95, make lots of sales and possibly 'gofundme' of sorts to get back on track after supposedly going off the rails with the VC TPM waves. Of course they're not going to reveal their business plan to us ahead of time but if that were the case then I'd be happy. All I can say is, if in 2018 figures are still digitally sculpted (sorry digital artists) and 5 POA, and there's a concurrent $13 4 figure waves of "Black Series" offering SA Darth Vaders, every second wave, you can count me out - in which case it would be such a shame. At its heights, the modern 3 3/4" SW line was one of the most diverse and exciting toy lines in history. I said it earlier, I don't need 14 POA, I just need something that has a more to offer than 5 POA, and I want to fill in some of the gaps in my Cantina, Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace etc.

I've said it numerous times... there are precious few figures I'd buy at this point. New characters or significantly better figures of some like Yakface, Adm Piett, Labria, etc. Other than that, I don't need to buy much of anything else. The WORST thing Hasbro could do to me at this point is go back to the Build-a-Figure idea where the piece is of something significant that I might want (BBQ pit, Cantina bar, funeral pire, unmade droid).

TFA has only gotten my money in the form of the Walmart SA figures (Poe, Kylo, Stormie, Rey, Finn), the 3 pack with BB-8, Rey's Speeder, PZ-4CO, and Sarco Plank. If they do SA (or close) for others like Hux or the Guavian enforcers I'll probably get them, and I will likely pick up whatever alien they produce from Maz's castle.

Idpullthecurtain
01-08-2016, 04:14 AM
I am guessing Toy Fair is gonna be huge for SW this year. I guess it will be the biggest for a long time. But sadly I am sure there will be nothing OT related at this point. And while that is a bummer, I guess it's right. This is TFAs time. So I am sure we will see quite a lot of new TFA product? We are still a bit too early for anything Rogue One? Maybe Leia and Luke finally, among other secondary figures.

I guess the the only hope for some OT is one or two mixed into TBS? It would be a dream come true for me if they snuck Yakface and a couple of others in there? I guess we might see the odd 5POA figure into the main line? Luke Tatooine, Obi-Wan, Lando, ERG etc are long overdue, so who knows. But I am not holding my breath.

So so there won't be much for me, but I guess there should be some cool TFA stuff coming.

Rogue82
01-08-2016, 07:53 AM
I've got to think if they are planning on yak face being released at some point, it will be on a Vintage card. I want him, but I don't think they'll take a risk on two bites at him as they have said they'd like to get all original 92,97,100... on Vintage cards. (though this is Hasbro so I'm not holding my breath.)

Like you say Idpullthecurtain, I think it will still be very TFA heavy at Toy Fair. Which, IF they show any of the Wallmart/ASDA exclusives, is Ok with me. I really enjoyed the film and will pick up the New characters as SA. (If we ever recieve past Wave 1 over here!)

Trooper31
01-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Hasbro knows that TVC has always been well recieved within the collector community. I'd think that before they really canned any SA 3.75" line, they'd give TVC at least one more shot.

I think most of us would be happy with a limited number of TVC figures per year (8-12/20) at this Point. Hasbro has more than enough new material coming each year to give us some new stuff along with some wanted classics, like Yakface.

Meesa_Mike
01-08-2016, 10:51 AM
I wish Toys R Us would get the SA 3 3/4" line or Vintage SA line. They are much more reliable than Walmart. Spending the last 4 months searching for 2 figures and still coming up empty handed is ridiculous!!!

indysolo007
01-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Target would be ideal, just check by dpci

HothHan
01-08-2016, 11:47 AM
If these were Staples or Chuck E Cheese exclusive it would be easier than Walmart

War_in_The_floor
01-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Yeah, any word yet as to why this has turned out so terribly?

iloveyouiknow
01-08-2016, 12:28 PM
I'd love to see:

3.75" Black series vehicle line that would redeem the abysmal quality (bent wings) of the current x-wing and tie fighter. (never going to happen)

resistance fighter multi pack (similar to the amazon troop builder set) with nien nunb, general leia, an asty variant, resistance trooper, admiral ackbar, etc.

TBS 6" vehicle resistance x-wing with exclusive resistance fighter (maybe Nien Nunb?)

TBS 6" vehicle Rey's speeder with soft goods hooded Rey variant

"Ren's Wrath" playset with lightsaber swinging and sparks action :)

KiAdiRandy
01-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Hasbro knows that TVC has always been well recieved within the collector community. I'd think that before they really canned any SA 3.75" line, they'd give TVC at least one more shot.

I think most of us would be happy with a limited number of TVC figures per year (8-12/20) at this Point. Hasbro has more than enough new material coming each year to give us some new stuff along with some wanted classics, like Yakface.

AGREED! With all of the new movies coming up, Hasbro would have a lot flexibility for a new 4" collector line (*NOTE: not necessarily SA, but pratical articulation) especially considering that one-offs like Rogue One will bridge the gap between OT chapters. This would give Hasbro a chance to go back to the well on a lot of OT characters and VC packaging would close the deal! As for TBS being a WM exclusive and other retailers being "nervous" about a 4" collector line, I'm sure all the empty 4" TFA pegs we're seeing nationwide has done a lot soothe their fears!

R1G4R3PO
01-09-2016, 10:20 AM
^ i could see hasbro releasing a set later this summer ("Chrome series?") using the proposed wave4 of the WM set, if those were "cancelled" plus maybe a couple others to round out a full 8-12 like "Fly-Face" or others whom I forget off top of my head that Stan has mentioned on several occasions.
Then for Rougue1, a line like this "may" be where we'd only see 4" SA for the anthology films

Trooper31
01-11-2016, 08:37 AM
I agree with you guys. The Thing is that the one-Offs will pretty much be tied to OT characters, even if they Play before the OT. I think Hasbro could do TVC Cards and Keep them to a lower Overall total, however, I also like the practical articulation way as well. Like I said somewhere, Ephont Mon has very Little articulation, but he would easily fit into a collector line with the amount that he has.

Rogue One will allow Hasbro to put out all kinds of troopers and pilots, both imperial and rebel, as simple repacks. There's no Need to make completely new molds. I'd really like to see the mains in a TVC type of line and as an all channel line (B&M and online).

Also, if Han meets up with Jabba and Jabba's Palace, then that gives Hasbro the possibility to make more things from Jabba's Palace as well.

Again, my main hope is that a practical articulation line becomes Standard. However, if Hasbro doesn't want to go that route, then a TVC type line with a couple of waves a year would make me happy as well.

keknivek
01-11-2016, 09:27 AM
I would think that the cuffs are off when it comes to TFA now for Hasbro, right? I was extremely disappointed and have been for several years in Hasbro and their showings at conventions and such. The sale of Star Wars in 2012 and dropping the 3D releases seriously messed up their agenda for a couple years, but I believe they have some stuff that was already long into development that just needs to be put out there. Go with Multipacks or Battle Packs or continue with The Black Series Carded packaging if you want, just get it out there this summer mixed in with TFA stuff or go with Movie themed Waves like they've done in the past.

There are several months before Rogue One comes out and making the connection to the original Star Wars seems like the way to go. Rogue One is about stealing plans for the Death Star. That means anything classic "Death Star" should be coming before the movie. Imperials should be hot this fall. Mix in some TFA First Order (let's just call them Imperials) to make the connection.

Prediction Number 2:
None of the above will happen. Hasbro will sit on the development they did prior to the 2012 sale and eventually lose the molds. We'll hear nothing about Rogue One until Force Friday Sept. 9 where the stores will ceremoniously put one box of figures out for the first person in line to walk out with. TFA figures will come out sporadically and everyone will wonder where they are and why there are hundreds on E-bay. New tooling will be done for a millenium falcon (it's a playset AND a ship) with 2 nerf blasters. Oh... and they'll re-re-re-release Luke and Vader and Chewie but will use the 1995 "he-man" molds because kids love wrestlers.

Trooper31
01-11-2016, 10:32 AM
I agree on TFA. There shouldn't be anything Holding them back at this Point. Also, with Rogue One, they have a large enough back catalog of rebel and imperial stuff that they could do a number of easy repacks. I also agree that whatever they had planned OT-wise, should be be out in some way. I like the idea of BPs, heck even for the SA 3.75" line. I'm sure they'll have enough generic troopers and commanders that could be thrown into some Kind of pack.

Hasbro Needs to go bold now and capitalize on RO quickly before getting into the E VIII Hype.

My fear is that we'll see your 2nd prediction as well as a number of "new" armor-up figures and cheap, dopey, unnecessary 2-packs.

Binary_Sunset
01-11-2016, 11:12 AM
I hope they rerelease some hard to find OT figures from the past, like Ep IV Leia and Kenobi.

keknivek
01-11-2016, 11:18 AM
I agree on TFA. There shouldn't be anything Holding them back at this Point. Also, with Rogue One, they have a large enough back catalog of rebel and imperial stuff that they could do a number of easy repacks. I also agree that whatever they had planned OT-wise, should be be out in some way. I like the idea of BPs, heck even for the SA 3.75" line. I'm sure they'll have enough generic troopers and commanders that could be thrown into some Kind of pack.

Hasbro Needs to go bold now and capitalize on RO quickly before getting into the E VIII Hype.

My fear is that we'll see your 2nd prediction as well as a number of "new" armor-up figures and cheap, dopey, unnecessary 2-packs.

I will never accept that the Armor-why? figures and the build-a-nothing accessories that we've gotten with the 5POA stuff has been a selling point for anyone. There is no kid out there that is saying... "Cool! a new pile of seemingly unrelated parts that connect together for some reason!" Are customizers using this stuff? I missed that forum if they are.

Does it feel to anyone else that Hasbro looked at Lego and thought, "kids like putting things together" and then cobbled together some random stuff to pack in with figures? Couldn't that have been done to put together something that made sense?

War_in_The_floor
01-11-2016, 05:01 PM
yeah those BAWs look exactly as stupid completed as they do as a pile of random parts.

Trooper31
01-12-2016, 08:58 AM
I thought Hasbro would have given us Computer terminals and E-web-type cannons in the BAW line, stuff that was in the film and would have enhanced the Play experience. Hasbro decided to go the other way and give us space lawnmowers instead.

DarkArtist
01-12-2016, 10:34 AM
I thought Hasbro would have given us Computer terminals and E-web-type cannons in the BAW line, stuff that was in the film and would have enhanced the Play experience. Hasbro decided to go the other way and give us space lawnmowers instead.

Computer terminals would be awesome. any diorama building type accessories would be neat. I agree that some of the BAW parts are crazy looking, but a lot of them can be used for some neat crazy droid concepts.

vadersvette
01-12-2016, 11:47 AM
At least some of the newer wave BAW parts look a little more decent.

But still, if I were a kid today, I'd want something I could relate to either the movie or the character. Set pieces or diorama building pieces do sound awesome. If they wanted to do build-a-weapons right, I agree -- make it a weapon either from the film or one that looks like it belongs in the Star Wars universe.

Heck, I'd even settle for a return to display bases.

mandalorehunter
01-13-2016, 02:49 AM

Get me in and I will do it no questions asked. I never expect anything out of toy fair (or even comic con anymore for that matter) but a few things i would like to see made in 3.75 sa for the force unleashed are Ello Asty, Sarco Plank, any of the new troopers, general hux, and any of the denizens in maz kanata's palace.

Idpullthecurtain
01-13-2016, 06:01 AM
I bet its safe to assume they will show us Luke, Leia and Maz? Surely they are coming out this year. I cant see how a strategy of dragging the figures out slowly makes sense? The films are coming too fast. So I am sure these 3 will be shown among plenty of others.......

Trooper31
01-13-2016, 06:27 AM
I bet its safe to assume they will show us Luke, Leia and Maz? Surely they are coming out this year. I cant see how a strategy of dragging the figures out slowly makes sense? The films are coming too fast. So I am sure these 3 will be shown among plenty of others.......

If you mean 5 POA Versions, I'd agree, but if you mean TBS 3.75" Versions, I'm a bit unsure. I'd love to see the TBS line be available to all stores and online retailers.

Oola
01-16-2016, 09:46 AM
I hope we get some unmade figures from the prequel and original trilogy. I did not like TFA and will not get anny figures from that film.

Idpullthecurtain
01-17-2016, 05:36 AM
If you mean 5 POA Versions, I'd agree, but if you mean TBS 3.75" Versions, I'm a bit unsure. I'd love to see the TBS line be available to all stores and online retailers. oh yeah that's a given. I am sure SA figures will continue to be very limited. If they continue them at all. The reality is for now SA is a small subline.

Idpullthecurtain
01-17-2016, 05:38 AM
I hope we get some unmade figures from the prequel and original trilogy. I did not like TFA and will not get anny figures from that film. sorry, but don't hold your breath. That's really unlikely, especially this year.

Gothiczartan84
01-18-2016, 10:15 PM
Whenever if there will be figures that most of you want to see or not we still can ask Hasbro a question about the possible future for the SA 3.75 figure line for many of the adult collectors are into that is the best line ever.

Jedi_073
01-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Whenever if there will be figures that most of you want to see or not we still can ask Hasbro a question about the possible future for the SA 3.75 figure line for many of the adult collectors are into that is the best line ever.

Hasbro
I think would be stupid to stop making these figures.

indysolo007
01-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Hasbro will give some cryptic, evasive wait and see answer.

Here is my handy, dandy Hasbro Translator

"We we have some big things coming down the line" = Hero Masher with Build-a-Weapon parts
"There are some exciting new directions for Star Wars Toys in 2016 = Angrier Birds Generation 2, the same angry birds only painted florescent
"Wait and see what is in store for collectors, we think they'll be pleasantly surprised= A bunch of awesome Vintage Collection series mock ups that will never make it to the production line.
"Star Wars is a brand that has something for everyone. Kids, collectors, octogenarians, there is something for everyone! = Star Wars Command line is coming back! This time with pink paint to bring more women into the hobby!

Jedi_073
01-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Hasbro
I think would be stupid to stop making these figures.
I meant to type; I think Hasbro would be stupid to stop making these figures.

Idpullthecurtain
01-19-2016, 04:30 AM
If you mean 5 POA Versions, I'd agree, but if you mean TBS 3.75" Versions, I'm a bit unsure. I'd love to see the TBS line be available to all stores and online retailers.

Yeah I mean 5POA. The SA line is a mystery, I am sure it has been selling slowly, and that is unfair because that is due to the terrible wave 1 choice of figures. I do hope a SA sub-line does survive and if so I am sure Luke and Maz will make it into that.

We really are in unprecedented times due to a film coming out every year, that means Hasbro has such a short window for each film before moving on to the next big thing. That means that opportunity for backgrounders and secondary characters is really limited more than ever before.

Michael_Knight
01-20-2016, 04:35 PM
If there is some continuation of the SA 3 3/4" line I doubt Hasbro will put much focus on it for TF. We didn't see waves 1-3 revealed at Comic Con and didn't know anything really about it until just before they came out. I hope that they still come out with highly demanded figures like Yak Face and such down the road. At this point I don't know what to really think. I guess my biggest surprise is how successfully the 6" line replaced the beloved 3 3/4" line. I really thought that would remain a sub line. How do you transition into a SA line of ships vehicles beasts and figures in one scale and then be fine with collecting a totally different and incompatible scale? I guess they way I collect is vastly different than the way other people collect.

darth_sidious
01-20-2016, 05:01 PM
With TFA released, they can freely discuss further 3.75 SA figures, if there are more planned this year. The 6 inch line did seem to replace the 3.75 SA line when it comes to SA character variety, but 6 inch wont replace the 3.75 scale because the basic 5 POA is here to stay. Sales for all 3 lines appears to be solid, so that could be a good sign for all of them if a retailer wants to continue SA 3.75 figures as an exclusive.

Trooper31
01-21-2016, 05:50 AM
, but 6 inch wont replace the 3.75 scale because the basic 5 POA is here to stay. .

I used to think this as well about the SA 3.75" line. All it will take is for one Hasbro executive to put 2 and 2 together and Hasbro will can all of the 3.75" lines and just have two 6" lines for a while, the one we have now and one with 5 POA. Then a year later, they'll can the 6" SA line and just have a 6" 5 POA line.

If the numbers really are correct, then Hasbro should just start making life-sized action figures because I'm sure the profit margin would just go through the roof.

darth_sidious
01-21-2016, 09:41 AM
The 3.75 scale is the most profitable - it's not going anywhere, and no single executive would be permitted to drastically alter a brand in that way. While SA 3.75 may be limted to exclusives, we'll have a basic 3.75 line at all major retailers. With new movies each year, they wouldn't dare take the financial risk of dropping a highly profitable scale, that is also the most recognizable.

Trooper31
01-21-2016, 09:45 AM
The 3.75 scale is the most profitable - it's not going anywhere, and no single executive would be permitted to drastically alter a brand in that way. While SA 3.75 may be limted to exclusives, we'll have a basic 3.75 line at all major retailers. With new movies each year, they wouldn't dare take the financial risk of dropping a highly profitable scale, that is also the most recognizable.

If some Hasbro exec looked at the numbers and found that making 6" 5 POA figures would generate more profit then 3.75" 5 POA, then it wouldn't surprise me to see them change to a larger scale. The same Argument has been used as to why they are pushing the 6" TBS line over the Long-running 3.75" line with higher articulation.

My point is, if Hasbro can kill of the 3.75" line using the argument that the profit margin on the 6" line is higher, then they could just as easily turn around and use the same argument with the 3.75" 5 POA line as well.

When the 6" line started, Hasbro also stated that the 3.75" SA line wasn't going anywhere and it was here to stay. Things changed.....I guess......:(

Gothiczartan84
01-22-2016, 11:31 PM
We could ask them about the future of SA figures what your all feeling about at the Toy Fair whenever there will be new products to show or not. It would of been great if they going to have a panel so we get to ask them a kind question about the figures your into. I know most of you want to see new figures in 3.75" with 8 to 15 POA.

Gothiczartan84
01-22-2016, 11:35 PM
I used to think this as well about the SA 3.75" line. All it will take is for one Hasbro executive to put 2 and 2 together and Hasbro will can all of the 3.75" lines and just have two 6" lines for a while, the one we have now and one with 5 POA. Then a year later, they'll can the 6" SA line and just have a 6" 5 POA line.

If the numbers really are correct, then Hasbro should just start making life-sized action figures because I'm sure the profit margin would just go through the roof.

So why don't they make figures 6" SA, 3.75" SA, 3.75 5poa and 12" at the same time?

Trooper31
01-23-2016, 10:01 AM
So why don't they make figures 6" SA, 3.75" SA, 3.75 5poa and 12" at the same time?

I agree. I think they could make all of that (cut out stuff like Mashers, Command, and Angry Birds) and they'd make Money.

To be honest, I think Hasbro is afraid that if they make both SA 3.75" and 3.75" 5 POA, there's the possibility that collectors will stay true to SA and won't help out the 5 POA line. Hasbro thinks if they dump the SA line, then collectors will either just buy into 5 POA, which makes them even more Money and keeps things from pegwarming or go for 6".

Instead of mixing and matching the POA, and let's be honest, at this Point Hasbro should know exactly how many POA certain figures Need, and making one Basic line, Hasbro just seems to want to go all-or-nothing.

Remember the days when we had the Basic line and the GH line at the same time?? Hasbro could easily Keep enough lines going with all of the media Support out there.

I think the 6" line isn't doing as well as hoped, so they're making fewer SA 3.75" figures in attempt to get us holdouts to Switch to 6". We Need to push back and let Hasbro know at every turn, we're not interested in what they think we want, we're interested in what we want.

wedgeswingman
01-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Are the 6" even really selling? They haven't been from what I've observed. They're nice, but way too big and too expensive.

Jedi_073
01-24-2016, 12:07 AM
Are the 6" even really selling? They haven't been from what I've observed. They're nice, but way too big and too expensive.

Agreed. Every where I go. I see 6" peg warming. Oh yeah and that Tie for 6" figures. I only seen it at Target and they had to reduce the price down to $49.99. That's not good at all for Hasbro.

Jedi_073
01-24-2016, 12:08 AM
Agreed. Every where I go. I see 6" peg warming. Oh yeah and that Tie for 6" figures. I only seen it at Target and they had to reduce the price down to $49.99. That's not good at all for Hasbro.

To bad there's no edit button. I meant to type Tie Fighter.

Utinniii
01-24-2016, 12:18 AM

Put me down for a Slave Leia and Oola please!

DarthJudo
01-24-2016, 01:26 AM
When and where did you see that tie fighter for $49.99? And why didn't you buy everyone here one?

DarthJudo
01-24-2016, 01:28 AM
Every place I go to is sold out except 1 and 9. Hasbro needs to fix the supply chain.

Trooper31
01-25-2016, 05:55 AM
Hasbro does make more per 6" figure when compared to the 3.75" SA ones. However, where I live, a number of stores got hurt by wave 2 Greedos and Leias(some still have them clogging the shelves). After that wave, that was pretty much it for 6" at most retailers. I did see one store get partial wave 5s (Luke and Vader) a few months back (yes, a year late). Outside of TRU, it's hard to find any 6". TRUs only get 1-2 cases anyway, so if you're not the first one, then you're out of luck. One department store has gotten wave 1 and 2 of the TFA 6" figures. However, they get their stores ship in large plastic crates, so every case has already been opened and there's no guarantee that every figure in a case will Show up at that store.

That said, I don't see 6" being a big hit around here, and the blame lies with both retail (not marking down Leia and Greedo/nor ordering more, although if the pegs are full why order more) and Hasbro for the poor case assortments.

I really hope Hasbro goes back to their core idea of 3.75" and focuses on that. That's what most of us really want, so the Focus should be there. With 6", one dud in a case or too many carry Forwards of the wrong figure, hurt the line a lot faster than in the 3.75" line.

War_in_The_floor
01-25-2016, 03:52 PM
Man when it comes to 6ers I am like 7 up, never had it never will!

War_in_The_floor
01-25-2016, 03:53 PM
Put me down for a Slave Leia and Oola please!

You buy the ole lady an outfit.

keknivek
02-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Another Toy Fair without one of the (supposedly) biggest toy companies being highly involved. Is the idea of Toy Fair going the way of the dodo? I have to assume if Hasbro and Star Wars aren't a big part of it this year, being after the biggest movie of all time, that it just isn't that important any more?

And don't tell me wait till SDCC or Celebration Europe... grrrrrrr

JloganoBoba22
02-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Another Toy Fair without one of the (supposedly) biggest toy companies being highly involved. Is the idea of Toy Fair going the way of the dodo? I have to assume if Hasbro and Star Wars aren't a big part of it this year, being after the biggest movie of all time, that it just isn't that important any more?

And don't tell me wait till SDCC or Celebration Europe... grrrrrrr

Wait until sdcc or celebration Europe

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Gothiczartan84
02-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Whenever they'll have Star Wars figures or not the toyline must go on!

Gothiczartan84
02-04-2016, 09:54 PM
With TFA released, they can freely discuss further 3.75 SA figures, if there are more planned this year. The 6 inch line did seem to replace the 3.75 SA line when it comes to SA character variety, but 6 inch wont replace the 3.75 scale because the basic 5 POA is here to stay. Sales for all 3 lines appears to be solid, so that could be a good sign for all of them if a retailer wants to continue SA 3.75 figures as an exclusive.

They can make the 6" SA figures and 3.75" 5poa figures that does not mean they can stop the 3.75" SA figures. All figure line must go on! You all deserve to have those figures and articulation you had mentioned. I thought Hasbro says they'll continue 3.75" TBS as Walmart exclusive.

KyloRen
02-05-2016, 12:52 PM
I am hoping to hear that Wal-Mart is no longer the exclusive home to this line!

MysterioMaximus
02-05-2016, 01:52 PM
I'm hoping for SA 3'' figures, especially some new original trilogy characters. But I'm not counting on it. I'd love to see Leia and Han from TFA.

For 6'', I'd really love ANH Leia, Lando, Tuskin Raider, Bespin Han, and old Ben. But again I'm going to imagine they'll focus on TFA.

Toothface
02-05-2016, 06:11 PM
If they make SA versions/updates of Yakface, Shasa Tiel, Vedain, Klaatu Skiff Guard, and a non-screaming Bib Fortuna, I will shut up and let them do what they will for the rest of the line.

Toothface
02-05-2016, 07:39 PM
I seem to remember a rumor list on JTA a couple years ago, right before they announced the last general release Leia Boussh/Han Carbonite/Mosep wave, that listed Shasa Yakface & Vedain along with what we eventually did get (Jawas, Han Carbon, Leia Boussh & Ceremonial). Normally I don't put too much stock in the rumor mill, but seeing as how we got about half of that list made directly after it was posted, I have hopes that these figures are already sculpted and just waiting to make their way into the line. I was really bummed when they didn't make it out, it wouldve been 3 of my top 5 most wanted figures knocked out in one swoop.

Jedi_073
02-05-2016, 11:16 PM
I seem to remember a rumor list on JTA a couple years ago, right before they announced the last general release Leia Boussh/Han Carbonite/Mosep wave, that listed Shasa Yakface & Vedain along with what we eventually did get (Jawas, Han Carbon, Leia Boussh & Ceremonial). Normally I don't put too much stock in the rumor mill, but seeing as how we got about half of that list made directly after it was posted, I have hopes that these figures are already sculpted and just waiting to make their way into the line. I was really bummed when they didn't make it out, it wouldve been 3 of my top 5 most wanted figures knocked out in one swoop.

Type "STAN" three times. You may get your answer. ;)

Darth_Brett
02-06-2016, 06:16 AM
Here's the list of rumored figures...and like Toothface mentioned this list also contained C-3PO, Dutch Vander, Chewbacca, Ceremony Leia, Mosep, Jawas, Carbonite Han, Boushh, Dagobah Vader, Hoth Luke and the R5 astromech . So I think Stan's list is 100% legit and likely we'd see most of this list at some point.

Bespin Escape Leia
Bespin Lando
Bespin Security Guard
Death Star Gunner
8D8
The Emperor
EV-9D9
Ewok Celebration Leia
Funeral Pyre Vader
Hoth Han
Lobot
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
Rebel Honor Guard (Yavin Medal Bearer)
R2-D2 (fully loaded)
Saelt-Marare (Yak Face)
Shasa Tiel
Spirit Obi-Wan
Stormtrooper (maybe new and Definitive)
Stormtrooper Luke
Stormtrooper Han
2-1B
Tzizvvt
Y-Wing Pilot

KiAdiRandy
02-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I think they've probably sculpted most of that list and it's a matter of getting them out of Hasbro's "parking lot." I'm still holding out for the Fly!

darth_sidious
02-06-2016, 09:25 AM
One of the issues moving forward with all these new movies, is how many resculpts will the market support? I have been collecting for years now, and looking at the rumor list, I can do without most of them. Of course I want new characters like Tzizvvt, but Lobot or Lando, who are big pegwarmers? I think it would be wise of Hasbro to scale back on resculpts unless the character has significant demand. By the way, wasn't Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary) rumored a few years ago as well?

R1G4R3PO
02-06-2016, 09:31 AM
i agree w/ darth s above. the retools like lando, lobot,etc could be in a limited run battle pack retail excl (if SA) or ms 2pks (if they're 5poa), if hasbro felt these character redos need to come out.

lordtyrannus
02-06-2016, 10:29 AM
I'd like to see Tzizvvt released, even as a 5 POA figure with a nice sculpt and paint job.

The best way to get these last few OT figures out there without clogging pegs would be to bring back the Vintage Collection line in a limited fashion, with 5 releases every 6 months in the clamshell cases like they did with VOTC and VTSC.

darth_sidious
02-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Tzizvvt in 5 POA, on a vintage cardback would be cool. I'd take all of the unmade OT characters in that form, if the sculpts and deco were nice, as you mention.

Daigo_Bah
02-06-2016, 10:51 AM
The best way to get these last few OT figures out there without clogging pegs would be to bring back the Vintage Collection line in a limited fashion, with 5 releases every 6 months in the clamshell cases like they did with VOTC and VTSC.

That would be wonderful, and it's too bad we have to minimalize/settle/bargain with Hasbro to get what we want. Just a few years ago we almost couldn't keep up with all of the figures and waves coming out.

Lt__Brenn_Tantor
02-06-2016, 11:25 AM
One of the issues moving forward with all these new movies, is how many resculpts will the market support? I have been collecting for years now, and looking at the rumor list, I can do without most of them. Of course I want new characters like Tzizvvt, but Lobot or Lando, who are big pegwarmers? I think it would be wise of Hasbro to scale back on resculpts unless the character has significant demand. By the way, wasn't Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary) rumored a few years ago as well?
07-21-2003, 05:36 AM

Just wanted to share that Adam over at GalaticHunter has mention that A THIRD
DIGINTARY (A SLIMMER FIGURE HAS BEEN CASTED)
also Jimmy over at Jedidender has stated the
same(good sources). Hasbro has not shared this
with any one. Good chance we will see the
vintage one by the end of this year or the
beggining of 2004.
10-25-2003, 07:05 PM

Here is an update list of all the figures for
the 2004 year!!!! Remember this figures are
rumor until Hasbro confirmed. Have fun!!!!!!

Hoth

1.Luke (Hoth Wampa Attack)
2.R-3P0
3.Echo Base Rebel Trooper

Tatoonie

4.Luke (Jabba Palace)
5.R2 (serving trey)
6.R1-G4

Jabba Palace

7.Jquille (Whipid)
8.Tanus S (Elom)
9.Rappertune
10.Luke (holographic)
11.Lando (skiff guard disquise)

Battle of Yarvin

12.Captain Antilles
13.General Dodonna
14.Gold Leader (Dutch Vander)
15.Tie Fighter Pilot (rescuplt)

Star Destoyer

16.Adimeral Ozzel
17.Dengar (resculpt)
18.????

Endor

19.Endor Han (trenchcoat rescuplt)
20.Cheif Chirpa
21.Female Ewok with woking
22.General Crix Madine
23.Luke or Leia Endor

Dagobah

24.R2-D2
25.Luke (jedi training attire) connecting bases
26.Yoda (OT Rescuplt) connecting bases

Corusant

27.Sly Moore
28.Sentor Yaura
29.Pablo Jill

Death Star

30.Sim Aloo
31.Death Star Trooper (resculpt)
32.Genral Tagge
33.Luke (Stormtrooper Disquise)with contol panel
34.Han (Stormtrooper Disquise)with control panel

Mos Isly Cantina

35.Hem Dazon
36.Banis Keogg(Duro #2)
37.Elis Herot (givin)
38.Feltipen Travagg (gotal)
39.Bom Vindim

Naboo

40.Rep Teer
41.Padme(celebration Gown)
42.Rabe(Queen Haidenmaiden)

Bespin

43.Bespin Leia Gown
44.Lobot (resculpt)
45.Cloud Car Pilot

Ultra Line

Ewok 2pak with catapult

Vechiles

Cloud Car

Sandcrawler Ra-7,jawa, and a CZ-1

Tie Fighter-with bigger wings

Y-Wing Fighter-new deco
X-Wing-new deco

Remember this are rumor until Hasbro confirmed!!!
But this rumors come from really good sources
that are about 90% right. So enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-21-2003, 07:10 AM

Hey guys, there will be a Death Star wave between
mid summer and late autumn of the 2004 year.
The rep shared (nothing here is confirmed by
Hasbro) that there would be about five figures
in the wave. He/She hinted that would possible
see a Han and Luke Stormtooper disquise. What
amused me was the fact that he/she mention a
new Death Star Trooper and a Sim Aloo(3rd Dig)
So we will have to see if this pan out!!!!
Any thoughts about this wave!!!! He/She also
share about the Dagobah wave that it would out
be the beggining of summer 2004!!!!! More Later images/icons/smile.gif
12-19-2003, 08:20 AM

Could this list be offical!!!!!! Or just down right confuseing!!!!! Another list has pop up on a French site. I thought I would share with everybody here at Rebelscum. I can not wait for
Toy Fair to clear some of the rumor up!!!!!!!!

Battle of Endor Wave(S)
Luke (battle of Endor)
Han (battle of Endor)
Lando(battle of Endor)
General Crix Madine (battle of Endor)
Ewok(Cheif Chirpa) (battle of Endor)
Adimeral Ackbar (battle of Endor)
Nien Numb (battle of Endor)

Utlra Ewoks with Catapult

New Hoth

2-1b(Hoth)
Probe droid(Hoth)
Luke (medical frigate in robe)????
At-AT Driver(Hoth)

Bespin
E-3P0(Bespin)
Leia Bespin gown(Bespin)
Cloud Car Pilot(Bespin)
Lobot(Bespin)

Death Star

Moff Jerrorod(Death Star)
Death Star Trooper(death Star)
Imper Dig #3 (Sim Aloo) (Death Star)
Imper Dig #4(death Star)

S
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM

Hasbro is listening to us. From what I have seen and have been told 2010 and even 2011 is all about balance and selling through to all audiences. We are going to see about 6 of vintages figures knock off the list. From what I can share is the following: R2 with periscope, Rebel Deck Officer, Kaatu(aka Wooof), Lumat(been told it going to be pred with wicket), and Sim Aloo. To add further ESB Tie coming later in 2010 with the new design cockpit. Wally World looks to be getting the Jabba from what I have been told will com with a jawa with fan. Snowspeeder, Swampspeeder, and Trade Fed Droid Gunship(2011 maybe) are in works for ships. Hopefully someone will pick up the Twin pod cloud car; I hearing Target. Hear some a little far out but troop transport is in the development stage. That it for now.
02-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Hasbro confirmed that this figure was NOT coming in 2010, but did confirm that it was on the way, but they mentioned that in a Q&A, nothing was mentioned at TF...
02-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Bad news, from the JediTempleArchives Q&A:

A. We do not have a specific time frame to complete updated sculpts of all of the (actual) vintage Kenner figures. Systematically, we plan on getting to them but some like the Imperial Dignitary (Sate Pestage) keep getting pushed out indefinitely in favor of other more interesting characters. The time will come, however, probably within the next 3-4 years where we will deliberately want to wrap up all of the vintage resculpts to put some finality to it.

====

It looks like Sim Aloo, or Sate Pestage, as they referred to him, was pushed back again - who knows what his fate is now...
02-24-2010, 06:36 AM

A PR company answers the Q&A, so its possible that they have the characters confused. Likewise, the vintage dignitary was made in lighter purple plastic, which is what Sate wears, while Sim is in darker purple robes. The vintage figure was based on Sim Aloo though, and you can see that based on the headdress - not to mention, Sate didnt exist in the EU in the 80s. Eventually we'll probably get both characters - but it might be awhile. Sim Aloo should be released on a vintage card though, it would increase his sales for certain.
It has been rumored for over 12 years now :wtf:.

darth_sidious
02-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Great work, Lt., you're a regular Jocasta Nu! Your skill at finding those rumors were better than my memory! It's hard to imagine it's been rumored so long - guess it has been perpetually pushed back...

Rezikai
02-06-2016, 01:22 PM
The issue may become due to that in the Rogue Squadron comics Sate Pestage was given the look of the imperial dignitary with a similar headdress. For a long time Wookiepedia had a few poor choiced pictures of Sate without a headdress wearing rings and a Pharaoh styled beard for his official look which only recently seems to have been corrected but not before they were used in James Lucenos' Tarkin novel when referencing him.

off topic: John Nadeau (who by the way captured the used universe tech/look the best IMO) often drew Pestage so similar to Sim Aloo when I was reading the RS series at the time I assumed that it was Pestage on DSII since Aloo's name wasn't mentioned in the movie. Pestage's look slightly changed in artistic style once Steve Crespo who most said (not me) he was better at faces/expressions took over.

Masterfett
02-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Here's the list of rumored figures.

Bespin Escape Leia
Bespin Lando
Bespin Security Guard
Death Star Gunner
8D8
The Emperor
EV-9D9
Ewok Celebration Leia
Funeral Pyre Vader
Hoth Han
Lobot
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
Rebel Honor Guard (Yavin Medal Bearer)
R2-D2 (fully loaded)
Saelt-Marare (Yak Face)
Shasa Tiel
Spirit Obi-Wan
Stormtrooper (maybe new and Definitive)
Stormtrooper Luke
Stormtrooper Han
2-1B
Tzizvvt
Y-Wing Pilot

While i realize people think we need a Han figure in every line/wave. I question why we would need a new Hoth han so soon? The existing figure is perfectly fine IMO. Why not try to improve the duds like Sarlacc Han or Endor Bunker Han?!

8D8, EV9D9, Leia(Ewok), Saelt-Marare (Yak Face), Shasa Tiel and Y-Wing Pilot are all must haves The rest are inconsequential to me.

DarkManX
02-06-2016, 10:53 PM
That would be wonderful, and it's too bad we have to minimalize/settle/bargain with Hasbro to get what we want. Just a few years ago we almost couldn't keep up with all of the figures and waves coming out.

I dunno. It would probably work better to get the last few characters out in a collector's focused mini line as suggested.

DarkManX
02-06-2016, 10:56 PM
To add to my above post, if figures were still being cranked out like they were a couple years or so ago, we'd be starting to push having every person/alien on screen.

Darth_Brett
02-06-2016, 11:17 PM
I think Sim Aloo has been a rumor for about as long as Bom Vimdin was now. I think that guy started popping up on rumor lists around 2001/2002 and didn't come out until 2011. Other rumored figures that were mentioned as being in Hasbro's parking lot from old Q&A's were Wuher & the Distiller, Yerka Mig and Fozec; and we have yet to seen those guys yet, either.

Darth_Brett
02-06-2016, 11:18 PM
**yet to see

Trooper31
02-08-2016, 02:43 AM
I know that they aren't sowing any RO stuff at TF, but I'm interested to see how this all Progresses. They will Need lots of new sculpts for the film, but a number of sculpts for stormtroopers, TIE pilots, imp. officers, etc, have already been made. So, will we see a larger SA line with repacks or will Hasbro Shell out the Money to make 5 POA imperial officers and non-Rebels Cartoon troopers (although they have the OT stormtrooper mold already) for the RO line?

I hope that Hasbro sees the potential in just repacking (or making small necessary additions such as new heads) to existing molds as opposed to just going completely 5 POA for RO. It would just be a shame if they pulled the same Thing on us like with TFA.

DarkManX
02-08-2016, 03:01 AM
I know that they aren't sowing any RO stuff at TF, but I'm interested to see how this all Progresses. They will Need lots of new sculpts for the film, but a number of sculpts for stormtroopers, TIE pilots, imp. officers, etc, have already been made. So, will we see a larger SA line with repacks or will Hasbro Shell out the Money to make 5 POA imperial officers and non-Rebels Cartoon troopers (although they have the OT stormtrooper mold already) for the RO line?

I hope that Hasbro sees the potential in just repacking (or making small necessary additions such as new heads) to existing molds as opposed to just going completely 5 POA for RO. It would just be a shame if they pulled the same Thing on us like with TFA.

I like this in theory but RO may be the anomaly in regards to easy SA repacks. The Han Solo movie might lend itself well to that too but we don't know enough about it yet. Thing is though, episodes 8 and 9 will have much larger toy launches that kind of necessitate 5 POA so you'd potentially have 5 POA lines sandwiching a couple of smaller scale SA lines.

Trooper31
02-08-2016, 03:51 AM
I agree that the spin-Offs will have smaller toy launches. I just wonder what is cheaper for Hasbro to produce: repacks of already finished, but SA molds or putting out the Money for new 5 POA molds? I'd almost assume they'll go with what's cheaper, partly because they won't have a lot of time between al the new films. If they make new molds of OT characters that would end up in These films, would they have the time, right away, to get enough out, to make new molds worthwhile? If RO Comes out in Dec. 2016 and if they had until May or Dec. 2018 before E VIII was suppoed to hit, then I could see them go with 5 POA. However, since they Need to get cracking on E VIII, it would almost seem simpler to use a number of the SA molds, even if they used them in a smaller SA or even GH line to suppliment the line.

In the edn, it really Comes down to wanting RO main characters (at least the rebls agents) in an SA 3.75" form for me. The TFA SA figures haven't come out here and who knows if they'll every be released outide of the US. The 5 POA lines are plentiful here, so my hope is that we see at least a higher than 5 POA amount of articulation for the RO line (or SA as needed in the line).

DarkManX
02-08-2016, 02:50 PM
That's a drawback to there being a new movie every year for the next 5 years. Hasbro has little time with the turnarounds and no margin for error, hence 5POA. Profit is of course the #1 reason but I think this is a close #2. I'd love to get SA of the RO main characters but if it remains an exclusive I'm not holding my breath and frankly I've found the 5POAs pretty sharp looking.

ThallJoben
02-08-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm fairly indifferent to Toy Fair this year - just like I was last year. My SW collecting has gone way down since last year, and don't have a lot of interest in any of the lines at this point. New TBS sounds mildly interesting, but they're so expensive that even if they were to come out with some never-before-made OT and/or PT figures, I'm not even sure I would collect them.

That being said, I'll still check out the Toy Fair pics. online...

Trooper31
02-09-2016, 02:41 AM
That's a drawback to there being a new movie every year for the next 5 years. Hasbro has little time with the turnarounds and no margin for error, hence 5POA. Profit is of course the #1 reason but I think this is a close #2. I'd love to get SA of the RO main characters but if it remains an exclusive I'm not holding my breath and frankly I've found the 5POAs pretty sharp looking.

I think it's a cheap excuse for Hasbro.;) Even if the films had more breathing room, I still think Hasbro would stick to 5 PO. I think some of the 5 POA sculpts look nice, but that "straight-arm-or-nothing" pose with a weapon just ruins it for me. Like I said, if they could add a bit more articulation, then I'd be in. The Sidano figure Looks really cool and all and if he had some Kind of elbow Joint that would allow him to hold his weapon in two Hands, I'd buy him and could overlook the no knee articulation.

I'll admit that most of the backgrounders don't really appeal enough to me to want to see them in SA form, so at this Point getting just the mains of a film is enough. Of course, with RO and the Han Solo film playing more in the OT era, I'm sure we'll see some familiar backgrounder aliens that would appeal to me.

As for Toy Fair, yeah, I'm not that interested. I don't know if it's the lack of interesting Hasbro product or tirdness of Hasbro double-speak when it Comes to giving us a clear answer. I guess I'm tired of trying the explain to People that you have to get Hasbro to say, "The 3.75" SA line is going to continue" and if Hasbro says, "the 3.75" line is here to stay" they mean 5 POA and if they say "the TBS line is here to stay" they mean 6".

Idpullthecurtain
02-09-2016, 06:52 AM

I dont think the 5POA model is about time, I bet its about desire driven by cost. I think SA is only going to be a small sub line, the worry is that the performance of the current Wal-Mart SA line will not be strong I guess, and that will impact on future figures.

Trooper31
02-09-2016, 08:45 AM
5 POA, on a vintage cardback would ......

.......probably be the last straw for me.

Trooper31
02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
I dont think the 5POA model is about time, I bet its about desire driven by cost. I think SA is only going to be a small sub line, the worry is that the performance of the current Wal-Mart SA line will not be strong I guess, and that will impact on future figures.

My concern is whether Hasbro is really giving the SA line a Chance by being a WM exclusive? I mean, WM stated that the figures would be up on the Website in Sept, if I remember correctly and they finally showed up online a week or so ago. Secondly, it took a Long time for Hasbro to actually get wave 2 to some stores and others have never seen anything beyond wave 1. Also, outside of the WM-owned store chain in the UK, These haven't been made available to the rest of the world.

To me, either Hasbro decided they needed to get WM back into the SW game and groveled and begged and then gave WM this line as an exclusive and just Needs more time to get things flowing or it's their way of shutting this Thing down slowly.

Like I've said before, before they really shut down this line, I'd like to think that they'd give TVC one more shot. I think even TVC Cards with a heavy influence on repacking finished figures on TVC Cards could still be a hit for Hasnro. They could easily make just 12-15 new figures per year and rely on decent repacks and these would probably do well.

If you think about the possibilities of releasing any already finished figure on various TVC Cards (SW; TESB; ROTJ) then you'd have a good number of repack possibilities to last a long time.

commandernarra
02-09-2016, 08:59 AM
The German toyfar said there was plenty of new offerings from TFA, and the PT, and OT.
Why the U.S one is playing it small is a mystery. Maybe it will be one year when the presentation is larger than expected?

I'm with you on the Rogue One offerings... hell, I get upset by the waste happening with Rebels. Repaint's and retools galore for Hasbro, and yet..... nothing.
But they went ahead with 5poa Stotmtropers,,Scouts, Tie Pilots etc....I think we'll see them re-released before any SA, now that's a niche, whimper... assortment.

Trooper31
02-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I really don't understand Hasbro not showing as much at NYTF. I know a dealer here and I don't think he actually attended the NTF this year because the last few years, there hasn't been anythign new to see, even for dealers. Also, the TFA product was slow to Show up here, so maybe Hasbro felt they needed to butter up the German market a bit by showing the buyers new stuff now. I know that their sales in Germany had been way up the last few years, but I know that my dealer said for TFA he ended up ordering very Little of the 5 POA line and vehicles. His customers just aren't interested in 5 POA (unless they want the real vintage stuff) and the Prices for things (about $14 for a 5 poa figure or $75 for Poe's black and orange X-Wing or $37 for Rey's speeder, just didn't work.

Celebration Europe is in July, right before SDCC, I think, so making us wait until July to see any of the RO stuff, seems odd to me. However, it's also possible that Hasbro's trying to trick collector sites from attending NYTF because they don't want to answer the tough questions.

One last Thing, did Hasbro say they would have many toys at the Show to see or in their presentation?

DarkManX
02-09-2016, 01:30 PM

lol that's why I said money first. Time does play an issue if it does take them 14 months or so to start making a figure. Less parts means less chance for screw-ups. From others posts it does sound like even with the simplification that some figures had bad paint apps (I've not encountered that issue in the TFA line yet personally), so there's still issues there shouldn't be.

Trooper31
02-09-2016, 03:32 PM
One last Thing, did Hasbro say they would have many toys at the Show to see or in their presentation?

I meant did they say they would not have many toys at the Show to see and/or not many in their presentation?

Masterfett
02-09-2016, 06:53 PM
The German toyfar said there was plenty of new offerings from TFA, and the PT, and OT.
Why the U.S one is playing it small is a mystery. Maybe it will be one year when the presentation is larger than expected?
Or maybe Germans are easier pleased than American.... :grin:

Idpullthecurtain
02-11-2016, 07:57 AM
I hope there is some nice OT content this weekend. I am expecting some new 5POA OT stuff. There are some big gaps, it would be great to see a Tatooine Luke, Obi-Wan, ERG, Lando, Palpatine etc

Surely they will have some of these planned.....

Trooper31
02-11-2016, 08:42 AM
That's the Thing, isn't it? You'd think those would be no-brainers, but the line seems to just bounce along without any real plan. I was suprised to see them release the Cody/Obi-Wan and Yoda/Anakin 2-packs last fall. I thought they wanted to focus on OT and Rebels stuff.

They have ANH Han, Luke, Chewie and the Droids, so you'd think they'd have to make Luke and Obi-Wan sooner rather than later, right?

commandernarra
02-14-2016, 06:23 AM
Wow.
Remind me, wasn't there a movie just out or 'something?. Maz. With repacks.

Internets
02-14-2016, 06:50 AM
#wheresluke

KiAdiRandy
02-14-2016, 09:53 AM
From the reports on the return of TVC, there might be some great stuff headed our way. Might not see or hear anything until the RO FF in September. With the rumors of certain characters making an appearance in the new movie in December, collectors might once again be an important demographic for Hasbro.

yojoebro82
02-14-2016, 10:32 AM
I would understand making a TFA Luke figure and keeping it under wraps until well after the movie. It is now well after the movie and apparently there isn't even one in the works. 5poa, SA, or 6". Nothing.

Unbelievable.

Masterfett
02-14-2016, 11:06 AM
#wheresluke
I know, you'd have thought that would have caught on long before the Rey cry baby fest. After all, she's got a bazillion representations in the merch, while Luke has NONE.

Oddball_Fett
02-14-2016, 02:47 PM
I hope there is some nice OT content this weekend. I am expecting some new 5POA OT stuff. There are some big gaps, it would be great to see a Tatooine Luke, Obi-Wan, ERG, Lando, Palpatine etc

Surely they will have some of these planned.....

Betcha an ERG still wouldn't beat the 83 version!

:grin:

Oddball_Fett
02-14-2016, 02:48 PM
I would understand making a TFA Luke figure and keeping it under wraps until well after the movie. It is now well after the movie and apparently there isn't even one in the works. 5poa, SA, or 6". Nothing.

Unbelievable.

About

ten

seconds

of

screentime.

DarthPete
02-14-2016, 03:15 PM
It's more than Goss Toowers.

ZiggyStarkiller
02-14-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm protesting Hasbro headquarters til Goss Toowers is included in the Monopoly game to represent me, a far humanoid salamander.

ZiggyStarkiller
02-14-2016, 03:31 PM
meant to say fat

Darth_Jawa
02-14-2016, 03:36 PM
It's more than Goss Toowers.

It's also more screentime than Zuvio, Sarco, PZ, Hassk thug and a few others had. Not to mention Luke is also more than a little important to the Star Wars story. At this point, nothing Hasbro does or doesn't do surprises me. At least Luke would be fairly easy to customize if they don't produce a figure for this line.

Idpullthecurtain
02-15-2016, 06:49 AM
About

ten

seconds

of

screentime.
yeah but isn't it about quality more than quantity.

yojoebro82
02-15-2016, 08:31 AM
About

ten

seconds

of

screentime.

Absolutely. Luke is in the movie for a very short time. Right at the end. And he has no lines.

All of that is irrelevant. You know that, I know that, and Hasbro knows that. Someone already pointed out the half dozen background characters that have figures already who's screen time combined might equal Luke's. But put screen time aside (the way Hasbro has done with all of there figure choices since the line began). This is one of, if not THE main character of the saga, a hero to any SW fan, and someone who we've all been wildy speculating about right up until the end of TFA. Hasbro knows we want this figure and Hasbro knows it will sell. Heck, even 5poa haters would buy it as a place holder! There's really no excuse.

But if it's really an issue of screen time, then were's Leia........?

OK that's the end of my Luke rant.

rgeezzy
02-15-2016, 09:01 AM
friends, busy day at the office today - didn't get a chance to scour the toy show images as I'd like too ... ONE QUICK QUESTION, did Hasbro reveal anything in the BS 3.75" SA line ?

Rocket_Back
02-15-2016, 10:09 AM
No reveals. Some Q&A time suggests the line will continue with more characters (Asty, Phasma) that will be unveiled via Hasbro Pulse.

Darth_Brett
02-15-2016, 03:11 PM
Yeah, the Q&A discussion revealed that the BS 3.75" will continue this year with at least one wave in spring and another in summer/fall. Still at Wal-Mart unfortunately, though.

Trooper31
02-16-2016, 08:55 AM
Maybe the Agreement was for 1 year and will end in September, so the line can go to someone else, or become an all channel line.

However, assuming waves 2 and 3 (don't Need wave 1) from the fall of 2015 make it to Germany, I'm happy to see the line continue. I hope a wave is more than just 3 figures, though.

KiAdiRandy
02-16-2016, 12:40 PM
I think TBS will run its course this year and TVC will return by the end of the year/beginnign of 2017.

Darth_Brett
02-16-2016, 12:53 PM
I think TBS will run its course this year and TVC will return by the end of the year/beginnign of 2017.

Agreed. And it would make complete sense since it will be the 40th anniversary. Erm, wait, Hasbro never makes any sense so maybe not. I kid, I kid.

Trooper31
02-16-2016, 03:33 PM
Maybe it will come back this fall with the RO toys. RO is basically an OT film anyway.

keknivek
02-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Maybe it will come back this fall with the RO toys. RO is basically an OT film anyway.

I feel like Roque One is our last hope for a Death Star playset of any kind. It would be a real shame to never get one. The tie in between RO and the original trilogy should be a slam dunk. Modular like we've all seen would work. I'd think exclusive sections for each retailer... anyone?

Maybe a Trash Compactor for K-mart, a throne room for Wal-mart, a detention block for Wal-mart, a hallway with 'Swing Across' action for Target, a control room for Target, maybe even an extended hallway set with stormtroopers and Rogue One rebels for someone?

AND have all the boxes fold out into a cardboard Hangar bay for the Falcon, Imperial Shuttle, or Tie... whatever.

*wakes up and realizes it was all a dream..... :(

Lance_Quazar
02-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Toy Fair. What a huge disappointing. The only thing I'd even consider buying that was teased is the new Rebels Sabine with removable helmet. This is why I hate the 6" line.

So many cool figures there that we desperately need at 3.75!!!!

MyenShi
02-16-2016, 07:48 PM
a Trash Compactor for K-mart

Yes, I do agree Kmart should be fed into a trash compactor.

jedimasterc
02-16-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes, I do agree Kmart should be fed into a trash compactor.

Actually Kmart is a trash compactor.

bladerunner1
02-16-2016, 08:39 PM

I hope so but what makes you think Hasbro will be able to just turn the magic back on like that after a pretty dismal couple of years now. The original TVC had 2 pretty stellar lines leading up to it. 3 years of great figures.

I just don't want to get my hopes up. After all, i'm just now getting back into 3.75 after a 6 year diversion to all things Hot Toys.

Please do it right Hasbro.

Trooper31
02-17-2016, 06:06 AM
I'd like to see a modular DS playset as well. I don't this fall is our only hope though. With the way Disney's been handling the release Dates of products, we can assume some spillover into 2017. Although, the fall/Christmas season would be their best move on something like this.

I'm not sure if they could get all the stores on board like that. It would be great if they did, however,the stores would know that People would Need to go to their competition to complete the DS and that could take away some later sales. For a product like this, it would almost have to be open to every Kind of retailer. They could however, do waves of the various rooms. Start off with a control room and a detention block (2x each), then the following wave could have the throne room 2x and then repacks of the first two, 1x each and so on. I think the modular idea works best because you can mix and match as you go and add in extra controls rooms or whatever, and Hasbro wouldn't have to box everything up together at a Price that most People will just, "cool, but I'll wait until clearance."

Modular would also give Hasbro the Advantage of always coming back to it and adding other things later on.

DarkManX
02-17-2016, 01:13 PM
I like the multi-store idea but I can already here collectors *****ing about having to spend money at different stores to complete the Death Star.

War_in_The_floor
02-17-2016, 01:57 PM
And scalpers giving twentys to stock boys at each one to slide em out the back.

MyenShi
02-17-2016, 03:56 PM
Actually Kmart is a trash compactor.

That's a disservice to real trash compactors that have an actual purpose.

DarkManX
02-17-2016, 04:11 PM
I like the multi-store idea but I can already here collectors *****ing about having to spend money at different stores to complete the Death Star.

Hear not here self nazi

Masterfett
02-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Um, don't they already spend Money at different stores? I mean based on most of the comments I've read, some people frequent several stores throughout the day...

TK_842
02-17-2016, 08:16 PM
Some might not have an easy access to all stores.

DarkManX
02-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Um, don't they already spend Money at different stores? I mean based on most of the comments I've read, some people frequent several stores throughout the day...

And when people can't finish their death stars because of the wal mart piece being impossible to find, or they don't have a Toys R Us, price differentials between stores,etc. I absolutely love the idea in theory but I think it would get messed up.

Now for those that are customizers, I picked up some shelves on amazon awhile ago to put my figures in but they have potential for customizers that know what they're doing.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IT6E5Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=S519GTIN5ARF&coliid=IYNCXPPOROJIU&psc=1

Masterfett
02-17-2016, 10:53 PM
That's too rectangular to be a DeathStar!

DarkManX
02-18-2016, 01:35 AM
That's too rectangular to be a DeathStar!

your face is too rectangular!:P

Trooper31
02-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Yes, but most stores wouldn't want to stock a shared exclusive with their main competitor, just in case a loyal customer finds the other store better in some way.:sneaky:;)

keknivek
02-18-2016, 09:11 AM
I realize the modular Death Star is just a dream. I think eventually Hasbro will outsource the playset idea kinda like what happened with Sideshow and the 12" figures, or people will just start doing their own like 'Hole in the Ground' and we won't have to ask Hasbro any more.

Trooper31
02-18-2016, 09:56 AM
I'd be ok with them Outsourcing playsets as Long as the sets were then readily available through most sales channels. It Looks like Hasbro made some playsets in the GH line, so it would be nice to se them Focus on the 3.75" line.

Maybe Hasbro didn't have time to do something for TFA. They could have easily done both an FO base and a Resistance bases and then instead of BAW pieces, they could have given us set pieces to make things like Computer consoles and other equipment seen in the film to add "Play value" to the base.

Had they done something like that, I would have bought both base playsets as well as a number of the 5 POA figures, even though I'm not into 5 POA.

I think Hasbro is afraid of a modular set because it would be something that they would have to release over a number of years and I think they're afraid that People, especially Kids and parents won't stick around Long enough, or they would have to compromise between what we want and a bunch of Action featires and nerf firing guns for Kids. So, I think Hasbro thinks the best bet would be to not make anything at all or, if they really did make something, to water it down a bit and make it one big Piece that Comes all together at a big Price.

AbnerRavenwood
02-18-2016, 10:58 AM
I'd be ok with them Outsourcing playsets as Long as the sets were then readily available through most sales channels. It Looks like Hasbro made some playsets in the GH line, so it would be nice to se them Focus on the 3.75" line.

Maybe Hasbro didn't have time to do something for TFA. They could have easily done both an FO base and a Resistance bases and then instead of BAW pieces, they could have given us set pieces to make things like Computer consoles and other equipment seen in the film to add "Play value" to the base.

Had they done something like that, I would have bought both base playsets as well as a number of the 5 POA figures, even though I'm not into 5 POA.

I think Hasbro is afraid of a modular set because it would be something that they would have to release over a number of years and I think they're afraid that People, especially Kids and parents won't stick around Long enough, or they would have to compromise between what we want and a bunch of Action featires and nerf firing guns for Kids. So, I think Hasbro thinks the best bet would be to not make anything at all or, if they really did make something, to water it down a bit and make it one big Piece that Comes all together at a big Price.

Join our Rebel band to fight against Hasbro's corporate greed and near dissolution of super articulated 3.75 figures in favor of a cash grab and their insistence that figures with 5 POA are the new normal in 2016! Boycott the next Force Friday event with us to send them a message! https://www.facebook.com/groups/594664820685820/

Oddball_Fett
02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Absolutely. Luke is in the movie for a very short time. Right at the end. And he has no lines.

All of that is irrelevant. You know that, I know that, and Hasbro knows that. Someone already pointed out the half dozen background characters that have figures already who's screen time combined might equal Luke's. But put screen time aside (the way Hasbro has done with all of there figure choices since the line began). This is one of, if not THE main character of the saga, a hero to any SW fan, and someone who we've all been wildy speculating about right up until the end of TFA. Hasbro knows we want this figure and Hasbro knows it will sell. Heck, even 5poa haters would buy it as a place holder! There's really no excuse.

But if it's really an issue of screen time, then were's Leia........?

OK that's the end of my Luke rant.

I certainly wouldn't have objected to a Luke figure, but I think another reason why they didn't do it was that he was the big "surprise" at the end so probably weren't allowed. As for Leia she probably fell into Hasbro's attitude towards female characters trap.

War_in_The_floor
02-19-2016, 01:20 PM
As awesome as a triple cloth fully SA TFA BS 4 Luke would be I would probably be ok with a 5 POA ( Vintage Emperor style) Luke to represent what he did in the film.