PDA

View Full Version : Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - Speculation

GNT
12-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Status - Speculation

Is Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle something you'd be interested in if Hasbro ever made it? Would you buy it?

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4455/medium/KyloRenCommandShuttle.png

grievous66
12-31-2015, 08:12 PM
i world its dam cool

tauntaunweequay
12-31-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm on such a TFA high right now, I'd agree to buy bags of "Jakku Sand". That's a yes!

Darth_Maleval
12-31-2015, 10:53 PM
Please Hasbro make this now!!

Spratchmonkey
12-31-2015, 10:56 PM
I would, and as usual I assume I am in the minority for wanting the truncated version Hasbro is likely to offer.

The main body area of the ship kinda reminds me of the tan mini-rig from kenner, just black with the added wings.

darthsatan
01-01-2016, 05:49 AM
I'd like it, but they'd just ruin it and make a POS like the Sith Infiltrator in all likelihood.

RogueKnite
01-01-2016, 07:25 AM
Considering this would use the same amount of plastic as the 6" Tie. I don't see why this *couldn't* be done.

Super_Amigo
01-01-2016, 07:46 AM
As with every other non OT based/copied design, this one is very unremarkable. I feel the same way about the flying Higgins Boat the Stormtroopers use to land on planets and Leia's Resistance landing craft. Boring, forgettable designs.

These guys are the Salieris of Star Wars, they even had to copy background/ambient sounds from the OT. The references are nice and all, but this new movie, as good as it is, design and story wise is a "repack/repaint" of the OT for a new generation.

I'm no fan of the prequels, but its original designed ships, while not as good as the OT, were better than the new ones.

Masterfett
01-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't really care for it, it's overburdened by wings. If they had been smaller, it might look better. Aesthetically. It just looks like two things cobbled together. I wish they would have designed something a little more interesting and unique looking.

Part of me thinks it might have been cool, if he had recovered Darth maul's ship. But then Hasbro would have gotten off too easy, with just a repack.

tauntaunweequay
01-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Rens ship shares a resemblence to the Shuttle Tydirium, which just happens to be one of my favorite ships. Being that Ren is emulating his Grandfather, I think the design is fitting. I like it.

Toothface
01-01-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm in. It's mostly wings anyways so it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Halomite
01-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I'd love to have it in my collection but I think the days of Deluxe sized vehicles are behind us.

jedimasterc
01-01-2016, 08:01 PM
I'd like it, but they'd just ruin it and make a POS like the Sith Infiltrator in all likelihood.

That concerns me too. I was really dismayed by the Sith Infiltrator when it came out. I hope the commander shuttle will be a big vehicle though I doubt it.

Spratchmonkey
01-01-2016, 08:32 PM
It had more screentime than Maul's ship, but about as much action (flying, landing, etc), so probably not.

DarkManX
01-01-2016, 09:36 PM
I'd like to see a decent sized version that could be turned into Starkiller Base/trench run playset. If we're talking simply the ship, it's too much wings to be bigger than the 3.75" TIE, so I'd have it have room for Kylor and 2 stormtroopers.

DarkManX
01-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Kylo no edit button

EddieU
01-02-2016, 01:57 AM
I would, and as usual I assume I am in the minority for wanting the truncated version Hasbro is likely to offer.

The main body area of the ship kinda reminds me of the tan mini-rig from kenner, just black with the added wings.

It's too bad that we can't have both.

I'd love what Spratchmonkey's talking about, and if scaled-down enough, it could easily fit into the more affordable Class II/Class II Deluxe assortment...but with TFA being the massive success it is (and the likelihood of Kylo's Shuttle appearing again), I could also see the larger, more accurate version that darthsatan wants being viable for around $100. This is where the now-yearly Star Wars movie thing becomes sort of a drag; if Rogue One weren't coming out in less than a year, we'd have a much more decent chance at some version of the Shuttle. Is it stupid to have any hope for Toy Fair '16 after the lameness of the past few? :\

jonwes
01-02-2016, 03:59 AM
I'd love to get this! One of my favorite designs in the new movie. I think a 4-man version could work well. Even if the bulk of the interior is mostly cockpit with a little area in the back to site the troopers. As long as it had a functioning ramp and articulated wings I'd be happy. The cockpit glowing red would be icing on the cake. I think it'd be a nice counterpoint to the Millennium Falcon.

Caas_Sandhri
01-02-2016, 04:12 AM
I must admit I am not fond of the design, so it's unlikely that I would buy it. It seems unbalanced with the huge wings going upward - even in the flight mode with angled wings, which is slightly better but still nothing to call home about.

(But that seems to be an issue with many TFA ships - the landing craft is not too thrilling either, nor is the "snowspeeder". I am really curious about the design sketches; waiting for the "Art of" book to be delivered now...)

Is its role in the movie exciting enough to warrant a craft? Considering that TFA does not feature too many vehicles - to the point where Hasbro has added its own inventions and repacks to the lineup - it may be an option even if it's not involved in any direct battle. At least it's the main baddie's ship.

Would it be large? If they stay with these proportions (it's fairly wide and long compared with the height, and the wings are overwhelmingly large), it would be quite large, but I can imagine them making it sit-only for the pilot figures, and with straight legs a figure is not all that high. The main rump would have only about four times the mass of a TIE cockpit (which already houses two) to allow for a similar design. The main issue will be the wings; with the wobbly things on the TIE I am not sure how well the even larger shuttle wings would hold up. Plus, the wingtips slide into the lower wing, so assuming Hasbro will want to replicate this feature, the main mass of the vehicle will be in the wings. Not sure if that would be a good toy.

At the moment I almost think it's more likely that there will be a Class 2 minirig, where the pilot lies down in the rump, and the wings are wobbling non-folding 20cm things... (totally safe for children, think of the chiiildren!)

Nicklab
01-02-2016, 06:45 AM
These guys are the Salieris of Star Wars, they even had to copy background/ambient sounds from the OT.

Watch the credits for the film the next time you see it. Or better yet, go on IMDB. Because the sound designer for the OT and PT, Ben Burtt, is credited as the sound designer for 'THE FORCE AWAKENS' (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123785/)

DarthPete
01-02-2016, 09:12 AM
I'd expect if we get this we'll see wings about the size of a B-wing (from the cockpit down) and a fuselage/cockpit with seating for two figures.

jedimasterc
01-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Watch the credits for the film the next time you see it. Or better yet, go on IMDB. Because the sound designer for the OT and PT, Ben Burtt, is credited as the sound designer for 'THE FORCE AWAKENS' (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0123785/)

well the movie would not sound like Star wars now would it? LOL

Zuvio
01-03-2016, 10:27 PM
I'd buy this. It has the old school retro sci-fi no nonsense look about it. Seems the sculpt would be easy to get right too, unless Hasbro do their usual and get drunk while they're designing it.

Morgan4242
01-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I liked this ship in the film, but I don't think Hasbro has another BIG SHIP in them.
That's the only way I'd buy this guy is BIG, at least as big as the old Emperor Shuttle.

RogueKnite
01-04-2016, 07:07 AM
I liked this ship in the film, but I don't think Hasbro has another BIG SHIP in them.

Which is kinda ironic, when you consider they've given us their BIGGEST vehicle yet, w/in the last 6 months.

RogueKnite
01-04-2016, 08:30 PM
I wonder why we couldn't get something like this,for around $40?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/fgyu/AAE734C6-6776-422B-93AF-935706F58E49_zpsjswsrsf1.jpg (http://s46.photobucket.com/user/fgyu/media/AAE734C6-6776-422B-93AF-935706F58E49_zpsjswsrsf1.jpg.html)

jonwes
01-04-2016, 11:45 PM
That's the only way I'd buy this guy is BIG, at least as big as the old Emperor Shuttle.

I think this could be a good mid-year larger vehicle for them. I mean, I guess it could even be a Christmas 2016 item depending on how big they go with Rogue One. It's hard for me to imagine them giving RO as big a push and support as TFA, though.

DarkArtist
01-05-2016, 11:32 AM
In order for Hasbro to do justice for Kylo Ren's command shuttle that ship would have to be huge, much larger then the Imperial Shuttle just by the looks of it. I can't see Hasbro investing the money in this.

Internets
01-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Yeah, there's no way this wouldn't be a fun size version, capable of housing one figure only who has to lie down.

Morgan4242
01-05-2016, 02:46 PM
It is all wings though, it could be done I guess.

Darth_Janisary
01-05-2016, 03:35 PM
It could be done but Hasbro will scale it down ....and people wont buy it because its too small and hasbro will say "see we dont need to make big vehicles they dont sell well" or they will use the Rebel Transport excuse....its not memorable enough.

DarkArtist
01-05-2016, 03:51 PM
It could be done but Hasbro will scale it down ....and people wont buy it because its too small and hasbro will say "see we dont need to make big vehicles they dont sell well" or they will use the Rebel Transport excuse....its not memorable enough.

I can see your point. I think the shuttle has a better chance of getting made if it sees more action in EP VIII and EP IX

Darth_Janisary
01-05-2016, 03:55 PM
I wonder IF we would see a BAT-AT or a re-release of the POTF2/Vintage one if it was in R1 or would they make a new one like the falcon that fires nerf darts or worse scale it down even more than the Potf2/vintage one. Or will that even be "Too big" now .

RogueKnite
01-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I wonder IF we would see a BAT-AT or a re-release of the POTF2/Vintage one if it was in R1 or would they make a new one like the falcon that fires nerf darts or worse scale it down even more than the Potf2/vintage one. Or will that even be "Too big" now .

DEFINITELY the latter.
Anything to alienate the fans.

Darth_Janisary
01-05-2016, 04:08 PM
DEFINITELY the latter.
Anything to alienate the fans.

True they would make it so small it would be like a "Scout AT-AT" the driver would have to sit in the back so the head could pop open to fire the nerf darts.

Lak_Sivrak
01-09-2016, 12:58 PM
If they made this, I can see them producing it close to the TIE Fighter's size. I'd still take it, even if it was grossly undersized.

Fan_of_the_1300
01-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I too could see them selling it vastly under-scaled. I can also see them making it like EVERY other version.. non-articulated wings.

Sith_Dreamer
01-09-2016, 07:50 PM
After seeing the "new" Slave I in person, please God don't make this vehicle like that Hasbro. I ducked out of the vehicles for the last 3 or so years, except a couple recent Rebels released, I had no idea Hasbro had gotten that bad.
If Hasbro won't decently scale it, at least give it similar size to the current TFA Falcon. Not as big as the BAT-AT or BMF, but at a size that won't tick everyone off.

BobaAndBossk
01-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I would see this being next years "big-ticket" item, but with Rogue One coming out, that doesn't seem feasible to me.

The only way Hasbro should do it is if it's on-par with the vintage Imperial Shuttle and the current BAMF. It's not really an exciting ship, either. So that adds another ding to its possibility of getting made. If it shows up in the next two movies, it'll probably be available, but they'll have to add lights/sounds/play features because it's pretty lame on its own. What kid is gonna want to make their big christmas gift a shuttle just sits there and is boring?

Maverick10126
01-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Slave 1 confuses me. Why not just trot out the OTC mold or the POTF2 mold. Why all new tooling?

Sith_Dreamer
01-10-2016, 12:55 AM
Slave 1 confuses me. Why not just trot out the OTC mold or the POTF2 mold. Why all new tooling?
"Two much plaztik giyz"- Hasbro, as they give us armor up/ two-packs with half the box empty.

DarkManX
01-10-2016, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I would see this being next years "big-ticket" item, but with Rogue One coming out, that doesn't seem feasible to me.

The only way Hasbro should do it is if it's on-par with the vintage Imperial Shuttle and the current BAMF. It's not really an exciting ship, either. So that adds another ding to its possibility of getting made. If it shows up in the next two movies, it'll probably be available, but they'll have to add lights/sounds/play features because it's pretty lame on its own. What kid is gonna want to make their big christmas gift a shuttle just sits there and is boring?

What? you don't find a couple of 3 foot wings exciting?B)

Lak_Sivrak
01-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Seems like it would cost them more money to create an all-new vehicle than to apply a new paint-app to an older mold. I'll never understand Hasbro.

Maverick10126
01-10-2016, 04:44 PM
And the OTC slave 1 mold was perfectly fine.

MillenniumOne
04-23-2017, 02:04 PM
I like the Kylo Ren ship and at this late date of Spring 2017; you would think that Hasbro would build a model with the retractable wings to fit 3.75 size figures. Or even build it with a cockpit large enough to hold both a 3.75 or a 6 inch figure... they actually could do that with all their ships and still keep them at the 3.75 figure scale by changing it every so slightly. Like the FA Tie Fighter is a bit huge for kids to play with but I think they could have made a tie fighter in between the size designed for 3.75 and 6 inch scale that would have been able to be played with for kids and easier for collector's to display...

War_in_The_floor
04-25-2017, 12:16 PM
Yeah this thing is adding to a growing list of crucial vehicles we would likely never see, This the troop transport, Krennics shuttle and a blue Squadron X wing just right off hand.

Vatta
04-26-2017, 02:03 AM
Yeah this thing is adding to a growing list of crucial vehicles we would likely never see, This the troop transport, Krennics shuttle and a blue Squadron X wing just right off hand.

That Blue Squadron's X-Wing hasn't been made is almost criminal, it's just a repaint. They should have released that instead of the AT-ST for the Black Series. Hopefully Kylo's shuttle is still around and shows up in Episode 8 and 9, the more movies it's in the better the chance is that Hasbro will make it. Even if it ends up nothing more than a glorified nerf gun with wings like the U-Wing.

War_in_The_floor
04-26-2017, 03:34 PM
I talked a lot of ish on the Nerf features but the more the boys and I play with them the more I like it to the point of buying extra darts and rebuild/ modifying the photonic emitter and receiver sensor on the At ACT so it can operate with the canopy open and just keep shooting them as fast as you can load them in lol.

I might do a mini write up on that in its thread, they boys managed to jam the actuator on the turret door and I did a full tear down and rebuild on that thing last night so Im pretty well versed in its technology at this point. It is an impressively over engineered toy. Motor, gear box, dual drives, Photon pair sensor system, its decently complex and was a slight challenge to get fixed and back together right

Sith_Dreamer
04-29-2017, 07:39 PM
That Blue Squadron's X-Wing hasn't been made is almost criminal, it's just a repaint. They should have released that instead of the AT-ST for the Black Series. Hopefully Kylo's shuttle is still around and shows up in Episode 8 and 9, the more movies it's in the better the chance is that Hasbro will make it. Even if it ends up nothing more than a glorified nerf gun with wings like the U-Wing.

Depends. Definitely not a repaint of the TFA X-Wing due to differences, which seems to be the standard size for now of Hasbro's vehicles. I'd see them repainting the POTF2 X-Wing mold if it still exists before releasing the big X-Wing's we've gotten used to over the years again. Unless an exclusive maybe.

Vatta
04-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Depends. Definitely not a repaint of the TFA X-Wing due to differences, which seems to be the standard size for now of Hasbro's vehicles. I'd see them repainting the POTF2 X-Wing mold if it still exists before releasing the big X-Wing's we've gotten used to over the years again. Unless an exclusive maybe.

Yeah, I ment the TVC X-Wing not the TFA X-Wing.

KypDurron420
05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
I can see them making this. They made Luke's T-16 and we only saw it in backgrounds and his model. I think one showed up in ANH SE too.

The extending wings wouldn't be hard to do. And the interior could just be that section having a hinged top. It would need two pilot seats and a few seats and a little open area in the back for Kylo to pace and throw tantrums.

And it wouldn't have to light up or make sounds.

If they made the wings 1' unextended, 2' extended, and the main hull about a foot long, they could pack this easily into a TIE Striker's box.

The only thing that would keep me from buying it is if they did it like Maul's Infiltrator and made it seat only one person. That was bogus.

I don't even like TFA/Disney wars, but I'd buy this just to have an extra shuttle. :{

Nicklab
05-02-2017, 07:04 AM
I'm not very optimistic about this vehicle getting made at the moment. Especially in light of rumors of Kylo Ren utilizing a different starship in THE LAST JEDI, one that may be more of a starfighter. The First Order shuttle looks impressive, but we only saw it in a couple of scenes in TFA.