PDA

View Full Version : Life-size Wish List

bkchi
11-20-2015, 10:20 PM
These life-size figures take up a lot of space and aren't cheap. Still, I couldn't help myself when the Boba Fett was announced. No regrets. I think that's the only one I'd get, but when I think about it, there are two others I couldn't resist, R2-D2 or a blue Snaggletooth. What's your wish list? What pieces could you not say no to?

Palitoy_DS_1971
11-21-2015, 04:43 AM
My childhood favourite was always Greedo!
If money and space were no issue that'd be the one and only for me.

Kevin_Lentz
11-21-2015, 07:57 AM
My childhood favourite was always Greedo!
If money and space were no issue that'd be the one and only for me.

That would be awesome - really, any of the Cantina aliens would be great. When they first announced life size, I told myself I'd get Fett or farmboy Luke. I did get the Fett, and it looks great. While I could find room for a second one, I'm not interested in spending the money. Honestly, though, I'd rather have the Luke than the Fett, so we'll see...

gijigsaw
11-21-2015, 11:20 AM
R5D4
Cantina Aliens
Jawa
Wampa - just kidding

Shabby_Blue
11-21-2015, 06:33 PM
C-3PO would be nice as a companion piece to display with R2, but I doubt they'd make him. The vac-metal finish would probably be very expensive at that scale.

I don't think there's a big enough market for these life-sized figures, so I can't see them producing many more of them, if any. They've covered all the most desirable ones already, right? Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, and R2. If they made anymore, Tatooine Luke seems the most likely one to do next. He's kind of the signature figure of the vintage line.

TheGoodDr
11-21-2015, 11:24 PM
A life sized 3PO would be very hard for me to resist......

bkchi
11-22-2015, 12:39 AM
We'll see if the R2 comes to fruition. They displayed one at a convention, but no announcement. If they do then they'll get more of my money.

C-3PO would be nice as a companion piece to display with R2, but I doubt they'd make him. The vac-metal finish would probably be very expensive at that scale.

I don't think there's a big enough market for these life-sized figures, so I can't see them producing many more of them, if any. They've covered all the most desirable ones already, right? Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, and R2. If they made anymore, Tatooine Luke seems the most likely one to do next. He's kind of the signature figure of the vintage line.

Hoth_My_Fav
11-24-2015, 02:13 AM
Hoth Stormtrooper baby!!!!

Followed by Mr Hammerhead ugh!!!

and then a gammie guard!! ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

jabbabon
11-24-2015, 10:51 PM
My vote goes to yoda, always my favorite figure

Shabby_Blue
11-25-2015, 12:55 PM
My vote goes to yoda, always my favorite figure

Yeah, good choice. And he probably wouldn't be nearly as expensive since he's so tiny.

DC1376
12-27-2015, 07:50 PM
The original Obi-Wan Kenobi would be cool.

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Yoda, Gamorrean Guard, Biker Scout and Yak Face but in all honesty I probably wouldn't pay GG's asking price.

Shabby_Blue
12-29-2015, 03:32 PM
We still don't know for sure if R2-D2 is coming, do we? So wishing for more figures beyond him may be premature at this point. :(

Snowtrooper1138
12-30-2015, 07:54 PM
I could never possibly pay so much for an action figure (life-sized or not) without some kind of payment plan or something; but IF I did spring for one it would have to be the Biker Scout.

Kevin_Lentz
12-30-2015, 08:43 PM
I could never possibly pay so much for an action figure (life-sized or not) without some kind of payment plan or something; but IF I did spring for one it would have to be the Biker Scout.

The nice thing is that there was about a year between the ordering and the charge / shipment. The money I put aside each month was basically like having a payment plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkchi
12-31-2015, 01:46 AM
Sadly R2 was never announced, and I don't think it will be. I think it's unlikely there will be any more life-size figures, but I'm happy with my Boba.

We still don't know for sure if R2-D2 is coming, do we? So wishing for more figures beyond him may be premature at this point. :(

Hoth_My_Fav
12-31-2015, 03:25 PM
how many do they make of these each year?

Palitoy_DS_1971
12-31-2015, 04:12 PM
They've only ever released 3 for pre-order/ purchase so far: Boba Fett, Stormtrooper and Darth Vader.
There was a tease they might make R2-D2 available, some time ago.
Not sure what the frequency of releases are - a lot of that depends on pre-order demand I suppose.
The numbers are pretty limited due to the high cost and seem to appeal to hardcore collectors more than casual buyers.

Shabby_Blue
12-31-2015, 06:42 PM
That's unfortunate, because I might have been tempted to buy R2 as my first life sized vintage figure since he'd be smaller and easier to display and also because his price would presumably be a bit less.

Hoth_My_Fav
01-04-2016, 11:30 AM
They've only ever released 3 for pre-order/ purchase so far: Boba Fett, Stormtrooper and Darth Vader.
There was a tease they might make R2-D2 available, some time ago.
Not sure what the frequency of releases are - a lot of that depends on pre-order demand I suppose.
The numbers are pretty limited due to the high cost and seem to appeal to hardcore collectors more than casual buyers.

I am guessing then they do this, like a dealer only sells maybe 2-3 of these, per character. If memory serves me right, as an example, when I saw EE selling them, they had like 1 or 2 for order and that was it...

Still a Gammie Guard or Hoth Stormtrooper would be sweet!!

DC1376
01-08-2016, 10:31 PM
A Snowtrooper and a Speeder Bike Trooper would be cool. But so would a 2-1B and a Lobot.

Tweekem
01-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Stormtrooper Luke
Leia Boushh
Lando Skiff
Yoda

Palitoy_DS_1971
01-14-2016, 05:43 AM
Stormtrooper Luke
Leia Boushh
Lando Skiff
Yoda

Somebody has a thing about removable helmets...
All good choices, wish they'd made Lando Skiff as a regular jumbo though :-(

AaylaSecurasMan
01-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Would you guys seriously buy those in your wish list if they were ever made?

VideoViper
01-14-2016, 03:53 PM
How's we get to post #25 without someone saying they should make Slave Leia?:o

Seriously I didn't look at the price but getting some mannequins & some costumes might be a better option. (Who wants just 1 stormtrooper);)

Kevin_Lentz
01-15-2016, 06:11 PM
How's we get to post #25 without someone saying they should make Slave Leia?:o

Seriously I didn't look at the price but getting some mannequins & some costumes might be a better option. (Who wants just 1 stormtrooper);)

Probably because Slave Leia wasn't a vintage action figure. That's kind of the point of these - they're lifesized versions of the vintage 70s and 80s toys. A mannequin and costume might be cool, but wouldn't have this effect either.

DarthBeek
01-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Any word on R2?

NienNunb
01-22-2016, 08:58 AM
There is no one good stuff from Jar Jar. Really no one, but a lifesize Pepsi stuff maybe.
OK it's JAr Jar, but no one...

NienNunb
01-22-2016, 09:00 AM
Moreover Nien Nunb either. Scandalous!!

VideoViper
01-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Probably because Slave Leia wasn't a vintage action figure. That's kind of the point of these - they're lifesized versions of the vintage 70s and 80s toys. A mannequin and costume might be cool, but wouldn't have this effect either.

OK I was thinking of something else, I was thinking they were the lifesized Stormtroopers & other charactors in store displays with $4000+ price tags. (Guess I should have clicked the link)

NienNunb
01-22-2016, 11:22 AM
In vintage lifesize serie a Chewie with a Han will be irresistible, safe for my banker. Or the 3PO with R2.

bkchi
01-22-2016, 06:00 PM
A Han would be cool if they included both vintage head styles so you could use either one.

bigbarada
01-30-2016, 10:02 PM
I have enough trouble finding space for the 1/12 and 1/6 scale items, I don't know what I would do with a lifesize figure. A TIE Fighter Pilot would probably be the only one I would even consider spending that kind of money on. It would have to look identical to the vintage toy in sculpt (no caved in helmet and sunken shoulder, like we got with the 1/6 figure) and finish (shiny plastic, no matte finish).

PizzatheHut
02-04-2016, 01:45 PM
It's too bad the line didn't have the longevity to make to my most wanted figure, Bib Fortuna. I always thought he was so luxe as a kid, with his cloth robe. I would have snapped up a 12" version in a second.

wgenich
02-04-2016, 03:00 PM
It's too bad the line didn't have the longevity to make to my most wanted figure, Bib Fortuna. I always thought he was so luxe as a kid, with his cloth robe. I would have snapped up a 12" version in a second.

This is the life-size wish list thread, you know. :)

Dr_Ball_MD
02-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Zuckuss for me :)

DefSith
02-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Need the Droids R2 😊😊

TheGoodDr
02-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Obviously no word from GG re: the R2-D2....?? I'm kinda itching to get one of these.....tossing up between the Vader and Fett. Vader is some $500 cheaper than Fett.....so I'm leaning towards him. However if R2 was confirmed, I'd get neither of these as I'd prefer the droid TBH. How cool would R2 be if they made him with a removable panel in his dome so that you could display him with either a sensorscope or lightsaber hilt (or neither) :)

DarthBeek
02-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Fingers crossed for the R2D2. Would be my first GG purchase in several years.

OCWanKenobi
03-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Fingers crossed for the R2D2. Would be my first GG purchase in several years.

hey beek. what is going on !

if I ever bought these life size ones (yikes) I would want two royal guards to be flanking the entrance to my room. the wife would LOVE that.

klownzilla
05-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Having just ordered the life size Boba Fett and the main focus of my collection being Boba and Han in Carbonite, I'd love to see a life size Han in Carbonite block.

Most likely GG would make the POTF Han block versus the Slave 1 since they are already making the 1/6 scale. The POTF block blown up to life size would be 3' 9 3/4" X 7' 7 1/4".

DarthBeek
05-20-2016, 03:31 PM
hey beek. what is going on !

if I ever bought these life size ones (yikes) I would want two royal guards to be flanking the entrance to my room. the wife would LOVE that.

Hey Hey!!

Oh yes, I am sure she will be thrilled with that. LOL

But it would look AWESOME.

(gonna be out your way next March bud)

ChewieKitten
05-20-2016, 05:36 PM
First I'd like to say hi! I've been a lurker/reader for years but now I will post :)

I have the life-size Han in Carbonate from Sideshow so a companion GG piece would be pretty awesome :) And I would buy a life-size Chewbacca from the first company that makes it!!!