PDA

View Full Version : Stands Returning - Rumor

GNT
11-16-2015, 04:19 PM
According to Yakface.com (http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2015/11/13/black-series-rumor-return-of-the-figure-stands/) we may see the return of figure stands at some point, these should really be included with the figures and not possibly sold as exclusives.

"Our spy was also privy to discussions about Hasbro really wanting to bring back figure display stands/bases back into the 3.75″ product line up. These too are being shopped as exclusives but no official retail partner has signed on yet. More to come…"

Does anyone want them back?

expedestrians
11-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Having finally set up my collection this last week (after years of collecting and storing away) I've found that I've accumulated a fair number of figure stands but only ended up using one or two here and there for figs that needed a little bit of support. I'd rather a BAD part or accessory a la 30th Anniversary Collection but I know that's just asking too much

AaylaSecurasMan
11-16-2015, 04:50 PM
EE has had the official SW stands for a while now.

JACKOFTRADZE
11-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Not at all. I prefer clear or black stands over logo stands. I would be more happy to see the return of regular assortments of BS style figures at mass retail before seeing this. This rumor seems more related to the 5POA line if anything. It would be better to do Build a Droid in 5POA than stands and build weapons that the new crop of figures cannot even hold. If I was a 7 year old kid I would feel the same. I remember my toy thinking very clearly.

darthsatan
11-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Stands > Build a weapon tat.

coachvader
11-16-2015, 10:03 PM
EE has had the official SW stands for a while now.
I am trying to get enough money to buy some, I love those stands need/want around 160 or more of them. Bring on the stands!!!

coachvader
11-16-2015, 10:04 PM
According to Yakface.com (http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2015/11/13/black-series-rumor-return-of-the-figure-stands/) we may see the return of figure stands at some point, these should really be included with the figures and not possibly sold as exclusives.

"Our spy was also privy to discussions about Hasbro really wanting to bring back figure display stands/bases back into the 3.75″ product line up. These too are being shopped as exclusives but no official retail partner has signed on yet. More to come…"

Does anyone want them back?

I do, I do!!!!!!! I love the stands!

my_kind_of_scum
11-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Stands > Build a weapon tat.
One of the few times that I find myself disagreeing with you, sir.

I've never been a fan of stands at all and would rather see pretty much *anything* else taking up space in the package. That said, if they were environmental/dio style stands, I would probably be ok with them.

Trooper31
11-17-2015, 08:24 AM
The rumor isounds as if the stands would come as a pack of stands and not with a figure, unless I'm reading it wrong. Who Needs an exclsuive like that??

I have a bunch of stands from the last 15-20 years, whenever These started coming out, so I wouldn't buy a package of stands if Hasbro offered them. If they come with the figure, then that's something different.

The Environment stands that came with some of the AOTC figures (Padme DF or Padme Lars Homestead) or the ROTS Environment stands would be a whole different beast and I'd be up for things like that. Stands like the TSC ones wouldn't interest me at all.

I rather see Hasbro put some their time and Money into a BAD line for the General public as oppsoed to stands.

Internets
11-17-2015, 08:37 AM
I've never used stands. I've lost count of the number I have literally thrown in the bin with the packaging.

rgeezzy
11-17-2015, 08:45 AM
I prefer clear or black stands over logo stands

Roger that. Clear Protech stands are superior

TK_842
11-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Fine with clear stands. Only thing that could actually make me change my mind would be connectable stands allowing for larger floor/terrain displays. Something similar to old OTC Dagobah stands but less generic and more varied. Then again, i'm not seeing Hasbro going that way or even being able to pull it off.

Masterfett
11-17-2015, 08:44 PM
I'd prefer it if they put those resources into actual functional/useable accessories, better articulation or improved Q/C. Stands I can do w/o, or I'll buy them from some other company if I truly need them.

Ackbars_No1_Fan
11-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Love a good display stand, so I'd be all for this.

bobbyjack
11-18-2015, 07:56 AM
I love the stands and was disappointed when they stopped including them.

Trooper31
11-18-2015, 08:12 AM
If the stands are included with the figure, then that's one Thing and I'm fine with that. However, if Hasbro makes an extra packed stand item that is just a bag or a cardback with a plastic bubble that holds a couple of stands, then that's something else. I can't see myself buying just a pack of stands and if Hasbro's going to use time and Money to do that, then I'd rather see them give us blind bags with BAD parts or even accessory kits.

If Hasbro had packs with stands in them and included those weapons lockers or some small accessories in the packs, then I'd be extremely interested. However, I'd be interested because of the extra weapons/accessories and not because of the stands.

darth_sidious
11-18-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm not a fan of stands, unless they are environment / diorama pieces. The Dagobah base that came with the OTC Yoda for example was fantastic. Plain colored stands with logos just feel like wasted plastic to me - I'd much rather have accessories.

Rogue82
11-19-2015, 08:21 AM
I love the stands that came with the SAGA collection, they're the one's I use for my display. I find they add a nice quality to the display like you find in a museum (I'm not saying they would be at home in an art gallery). They identify the character to the uninitiated and stops a domino effect when my wife picks one up to have a look at!

For me re-release the Saga stands or give us a BAD part, thats what works for me.

Rezikai
11-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Fine with clear stands. Only thing that could actually make me change my mind would be connectable stands allowing for larger floor/terrain displays. Something similar to old OTC Dagobah stands but less generic and more varied. Then again, i'm not seeing Hasbro going that way or even being able to pull it off.

Thought about these stands (http://www.marauderinc.com/category-s/1836.htm) from Marader, though like Trooper31 if the stands came in an accessories pack with weapons/helmets/backpacks/staffs/capes i'm all in.

Deathspawn9000
11-22-2015, 10:42 PM
I was hoping this meant finally seeing a return of the vintage display stand (or something similar). As far as pack ins, I'll always vote for build-a-droids or even build-a-figures.

TK_842
11-23-2015, 06:59 AM
Thought about these stands (http://www.marauderinc.com/category-s/1836.htm) from Marader, though like Trooper31 if the stands came in an accessories pack with weapons/helmets/backpacks/staffs/capes i'm all in.

I've been using those for some time now Action Figure Stands for GI JOE, Marvel, Star Wars, Forces of Valor, and more! (http://smalljoes.com/modern-figure-stands.shtml)

Vorax
11-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Sellers from China sell many SW stands that I like. I get mine from there mainly or other sellers that have them for reasonable prices or trades.

Trooper31
11-25-2015, 09:44 AM
I have a box full of stands in the Basement, so if they want to pack new stands with the figures, that's fine but I would prefer more accessories or BAD parts, but I won't be buying any packs of pure stands. If this come to pass, then it's just another example of Hasbro not listening to what the customer really wants and just throwing something out there and hoping People buy.

War_in_The_floor
11-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Ok this is all great BUT
BUT

they need to standardize the peg hole depth AND Diameter FIRST before doing this.... I tried putting some stands on my growing FO stormie squad last night and even enough the same FIGURE there was diameter and depth all over the map, some would wooble off the stand, some wouldn't go deep enough to be of any use. For those of you that play with GI Joes, the rocker ankles Vs the regular ball ankles is sort of what I am talking about only like I said with JUST FO Storm troopers.

Trooper31
11-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Then hopefully Hasbro is reading this thread now or nothing like that will happen until the stands have alredy come out and then at the next con some Website mentions it. Hasbro probably won't be Aware of the Problem, but we say they will fix, but it won't ever get fixed.

Cramer
11-26-2015, 08:52 PM
I buy the Star Wars stands with labels on Amazon for $12 for 40pk. Can never seem to have enough for some reason

Razgriz
11-28-2015, 03:38 PM
I buy the Star Wars stands with labels on Amazon for $12 for 40pk. Can never seem to have enough for some reason
Just picked up two sets. Multiple for each movie(even 2 EU stands), and character name decals.
Great deal.

DarkManX
11-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Honestly, I'd love stands as a pack in. I've started buying stands on amazon, so if this pack in comes to pass then that's less of my figures falling down because I sneezed.