PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Kenner "Cloud City" playset news - any mention since Toy Hunter expose?

Palitoy_DS_1971
10-16-2015, 05:23 AM
Just wondered if this set was going forward or not - no mention since we all watched the Toy Hunter episode, where they visited with GGLTD and delivered this one and I think an Alien Kenner figure to them.

It was a couple of years ago, so I may be mistaken. Any news from those in the know is much appreciated.

Shabby_Blue
10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Just wondered if this set was going forward or not - no mention since we all watched the Toy Hunter episode, where they visited with GGLTD and delivered this one and I think an Alien Kenner figure to them.

It was a couple of years ago, so I may be mistaken. Any news from those in the know is much appreciated.

Funny, I totally forgot about this. Surely we would have heard about it by now if they still intended to release it, and its release would have probably been timed with the release of Cloud City themed figures such as Bespin Luke and Bespin Han. I'm guessing the underwhelming response to the original Cantina diorama and it getting massively clearanced by online retailers later on prompted GG decide NOT to move forward with the Cloud City set. The persistent rumor of GG ending the Jumbo line may also be another factor.