PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens

GNT
09-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Please use this thread to post all things related to Walgreens eg computer lists, newest finds and special offers etc from the Force Awakens line.

bigbarada
09-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Found a Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and the Resistance Trooper at Walgreens the other day. It's interesting that the rest of the wave would have sold out before Kylo and Phasma, but maybe WG isn't putting out entire cases. The toy section in my store is pretty small, but there should have been room for at least 3 or 4 more figures.

Either way, I was glad to have a second chance to get Kylo Ren, since he sold out in only a couple of days at my Walmart. At $10 per figure, however, it will probably remain my last resort stop when I'm looking for new figures.

Rkenobi77
09-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Found a Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and the Resistance Trooper at Walgreens the other day. It's interesting that the rest of the wave would have sold out before Kylo and Phasma, but maybe WG isn't putting out entire cases. The toy section in my store is pretty small, but there should have been room for at least 3 or 4 more figures.

Either way, I was glad to have a second chance to get Kylo Ren, since he sold out in only a couple of days at my Walmart. At $10 per figure, however, it will probably remain my last resort stop when I'm looking for new figures.
I think it's hilarious when Americans complain about $60 video games and $10 action figures. You don't even know the meaning of overpriced :P

Glitch
09-12-2015, 10:42 AM
I think it's hilarious when Americans complain about $60 video games and $10 action figures. You don't even know the meaning of overpriced :P

I think it has more to do with the increase over what the current price is. It would be like finding a figure in a store wherever you live and its 25%-30% more than other stores - that's what you get in stores like Walgreens.

Some stores are just more expensive than others. I think that's all he was saying, but, yes, other countries do indeed have it rough in terms of pricing. No doubt about it.

jedimasterc
09-12-2015, 12:51 PM
I have been seeing that too. I found Plasma at one of our Walgreens as well.

bigbarada
09-12-2015, 02:10 PM

I spent a year in Korea, in 2000-2001, where there were no Star Wars figures available anywhere and the only online store that I was able to reliably buy figures from and recieve them within a reasonable amount of time was Brian's Toys. So for several months I was spending between $20-$25 per figure on EVERY figure (except 300th Boba Fett, which I had to pay $35 for). This was back when the average price of figures in American stores was $5-$6. So, I think I am well aware of what the term "overpriced" means.

Seize9
09-12-2015, 02:23 PM

I think that's exactly what is happening as I have noticed the same thing on more than one occasion. They are probably receiving them in cases that are already randomly split like that. The only other place I've been able to spot a Phasma and Kylo since MM has been at Walgreens.

brewser
09-12-2015, 04:48 PM

I thought plasma was only at blood banks :P

jedimasterc
09-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Sorry I meant phasma.

TresobYr
09-12-2015, 08:06 PM
I spotted a Kylo Ren at WG as well...and also balked at the price and passed. The extra couple of bucks and the out-of-the-way location does seem to make Walgreens a little more reliable for those harder-to-find figures, though..

MartyMcFett
09-13-2015, 01:18 AM
No, I think they had a Buy One, Get One 50% off Deal this past week. It's probably over now.

jedisquared
09-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Shoot...alot of collectors would GIVE plasma to find Phasma right now. Word!

jedimasterc
09-13-2015, 07:12 AM
I know I mucked up the name. I meant Phasma, sorry. Though I thought that it was plasma. Which has been used in Sci-Fi for a while, Plasma cannon for example.

bobafett1701
10-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Funko POP! FO Stormtrooper(Riot Gear #75) is out yet? Another Walgreen's exclusive.

JGuar
11-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Hate to resurrect a thread that hasn't been touched, but...

Went to Walgreens on my way home to check for the Spirit of Yoda Funko Pop! Vinyl, and found nothing in the usual section I check. Walking out of the store, I spotted a Star Wars endcap display housing the Spirit of Yoda I was looking for, a Guavian Enforcer, and a PZ-4CO. Check your local Walgreens, guys, I was pleasantly surprised. They had vehicles and Micro Machines/Titanium stuff, too.

Just wanted those of you looking for wave 2 to know that Walgreens is getting them.

Antman
11-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know if the Funko POP! FO Stormtrooper(Riot Gear #75) is out yet? Another Walgreen's exclusive.

Yes, I had found it the out other night. I posted a pic in the Funko Bobble Heads thread up above, if you want to see it. I like this variant.

bobafett1701
11-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes, I had found it the out other night. I posted a pic in the Funko Bobble Heads thread up above, if you want to see it. I like this variant.
Can you post a link to that thread? I can't find it on the list of threads. Thank you.

Antman
11-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Here you go. Scroll down to post #319:

Funko Bobble Heads (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t976227-32/)