PDA

View Full Version : fs tfa 3 3/4 moc kylo ren & phasma

wookie726
09-10-2015, 03:51 PM
just as the title says 35 shipped us only. money order & cash only. open to offers. thanks

AaylaSecurasMan
09-10-2015, 04:59 PM
So, I see that you are a newbie, and this is scalping, figures should be sold at retail + shipping (This applies to all items currently at shipping to retail). Please read the rules here.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t947072-2/#post15839844

- Prices must indicate no higher than fair market value. Moderators will use their judgment to decide whether or not the prices are fair. For items currently at retail stores, the prices must be no higher than their normal retail cost. NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED. If you paid more than retail for the item, you must state in your post that you did so. For items more than one year old, some leeway in price will be permitted, subject again to the discretion of the moderators.

wookie726
09-10-2015, 06:06 PM
yes i'm new to these forums. not trying to scalp as i said i will take offers.

HonestAbe
09-10-2015, 07:05 PM
The bottom line is, since what you have was just released and therefore is STILL available at numerous retail outlets, then you have to abide by the Rules just like everyone else does. That means you have to sell what you have to offer...for retail cost (so whatever the actual items cost plus tax). No more no less. The Rules here, just like most other collecting/collectors Forums are not up for debate. The member above was only trying to help you out in all honesty. You can get in trouble for not posting according to said Rules. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the RS Forums, by the way! :D

Tiefighterone
09-10-2015, 10:55 PM
the most I've seen these retail is 11.95 + cali or Fl tax an thats at the parks.

ShadowFXD
09-10-2015, 11:11 PM
the most I've seen these retail is 11.95 + cali or Fl tax an thats at the parks.

They're usually 7.99, with California tax would be about $8.65 if they are not the armor up. So op is scalping.

Lady_Macbeth
09-11-2015, 12:15 AM
They're usually 7.99, with California tax would be about $8.65 if they are not the armor up. So op is scalping.

It does definitely depend on where the OP picked these up. I've noticed, for instance, that Kohl's always charges about $5.00 more for the 3.75" figure two-packs. I paid $14.95 for the Rebels Sabine/Stormtrooper at Kohl's (I was desperate, and they had both the variant and regular versions), whereas I purchased a Hera/Stormtrooper Commander for $9.95 at a Kroger Marketplace. To a certain extent, it's all relative.

Regardless, $35 is outrageous and unconscionable. And, as they've said above, welcome!

Ian_C
09-11-2015, 02:21 AM
not trying to scalp as i said i will take offers.

Yet, by asking $35, you ARE scalping by definition. The only offer you can accept is if you want to take a loss and sell below retail. Otherwise, you are maxed out at retail cost for newly shipped items.

I've been here 14 years, and it's been this way since I joined. Some ***** about it, but the rules do not waver. I suggest you edit this, or delete this post if you're adamant about selling above retail. If a moderator does it, they'll remind you of the rules, and further infractions will risk your membership here.

Ian

scifimuseum
09-11-2015, 04:18 AM
just as the title says 35 shipped us only. money order & cash only. open to offers. thanks
Just as everyone has said above, scalping is considered anything above retail value on modern items. Taking offers is also a huge no-no here on the forums as it is considered the same as you having an auction and that is against the rules and can get you banned. You should just take this off the forum and over to ebay if you want to do that.

Lady_Macbeth
09-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Also, we're here to help each other, not to gouge each other. Both in theory and in principle.

P.S. Since we're on the topic, here's an excellent example of selling something at cost: Rebels MS19: Hera and Stormtrooper Commander [MOSC] (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1122254/). (I'm shameless!)

Chris Wyman
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM
wookie726, welcome to the Rebelscum.com forums. We do have certain guidelines in place for our classified sections and as everyone above has mentioned, selling figures that are currently still available in stores above the retail price simply isn't allowed. Please edit your post to reflect a price change or the thread will be removed. It's best to fully read through our General Forum Rules (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t947072/) section so you are completely aware of what's expected.

Professor
09-11-2015, 10:24 AM

**** this *******

Professor
09-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Um.... I have an offer for you..

BandHcomics
09-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Also, we're here to help each other, not to gouge each other. Both in theory and in principle.

P.S. Since we're on the topic, here's an excellent example of selling something at cost: Rebels MS19: Hera and Stormtrooper Commander [MOSC] (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1122254/). (I'm shameless!)

Lady macbeth has has it right, this forum helps more than scalps, I sold her a CW 44 ahsoka for forty thirty to fifty below what ebay sells them. Just bought a legacy slave leia from another member for 19, about 10 to 15 below what ebay ask, and countless others have hooked me up aylasecursman sold the Lucas family set for 13 shipped to me. This is a great place to buy sale and trade welcome.

fallout777
09-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Scalp /////^^^

Lady_Macbeth
09-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Lady macbeth has has it right, this forum helps more than scalps, I sold her a CW 44 ahsoka for forty thirty to fifty below what ebay sells them. Just bought a legacy slave leia from another member for 19, about 10 to 15 below what ebay ask, and countless others have hooked me up aylasecursman sold the Lucas family set for 13 shipped to me. This is a great place to buy sale and trade welcome.

And I LOVE my CW44 Ahsoka! I was so very grateful to get her for such an incredibly reasonable price (and that you still had her by the time I PM'ed you). Thank you, BandH!

I know Ian would tell me to go choke on my over-priced Ahsoka; I think it's about the only thing the two of us disagree on (the quality of the "Clone Wars" and probably subsequently "Rebels"). I'll choke on her all day long as long as I get to keep her. As I said before, I'm pleased as punch to finally have added her to my collection.

Next up, Mission Series Ahsoka/Vader two-pack. I'm in the market...

wookie726
09-12-2015, 01:49 PM
SOLD!!!!!!

InvictaJedi
09-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Suuuuure...

Professor
09-12-2015, 06:22 PM
SOLD!!!!!!

... back to Wal-Mart.

Lady_Macbeth
09-12-2015, 10:05 PM
SOLD!!!!!!

Then it is safe to say that this thread can - thankfully - be closed. Please try not to "grace" us with your presence again.

Michael_Ritter
09-12-2015, 11:51 PM
First, totally uncalled for wookie726.
Second, scalping is NOT allowed nor appreciated on this forum as has been discussed.
Third, Professor, consider this your warning. You're walking a thin line with your responses. You are adding nothing to the conversation.
And finally, NO nontransactional comments are allowed on classified posts.

Mike