PDA

View Full Version : FS The Power of the Force figures and Star Wars Micro Machines

Darth_Desert_Fox
07-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Up for sale are some figures from The Power of the Force collection as well as a few Star Wars Micro Machines collections. Please note that these are my brother-in-laws collection and he is looking to get rid of them. Below is the complete list of items with pricing:

Figure
Asst. No.
No.
Price

R2-D2 (The Power of the Force)
$9.00

Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (The Power of the Force)
$4.00

Luke Skywalker (The Power of the Force)
$5.00

Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear (The Power of the Force - Collection 2)
$4.00

Death Star Gunner (The Power of the Force - Collection 1)
$4.00

Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper (The Power of the Force - Collection 2)
$10.00

C-3P0 (The Power of the Force)
$9.00

Greedo (The Power of the Force - Collection 1)
$8.00

Princess Leia Organa (The Power of the Force)
$7.00

Lando Calrissian (The Power of the Force)
$7.00

Chewbacca (The Power of the Force)
$10.00

Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead) (The Power of the Force - Collection 2)
$5.00

Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker (The Power of the Force)
$9.00

Yoda (The Power of the Force)
$8.00

Jawas (The Power of the Force - Collection 2)
$8.00

Darth Vader (The Power of the Force)
$10.00

R5-D4 (The Power of the Force - Collection 2)
$25.00

Tusken Raider (The Power of the Force - Collection 2)
$6.00

Yoda/Jawa/Princess Leia (Micro Machines - Collection 3)

$14.00

Tie Starfighter/Imperial AT-AT/Snowspeeder (Micro Machines Space - Collection 2: The Empire Strikes Back)

$5.00

Millennium Falcon/Imperial Star Destroyer/X-Wing Starfighter (Micro Machines Space - Collection 1: Star Wars: A New Hope)

$10.00

If you'd like other pictures, just let me know. Prices do NOT include shipping. Buyer is responsible for shipping and PayPal fees (if not sent as a gift). If you wish for additional shipping services (signature required, insurance, etc.) please let me know prior to finalizing an offer. Reasonable offers will be considered. Shipping to U.S. only. Items will be shipped once payment is cleared, and are being sold as-is.

Any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Lady_Macbeth
07-25-2015, 09:52 PM
First,

- Members may only offer to sell Star Wars items they own, not for a friend.

Second, you have apparently forgotten to include your asking prices (though I believe you fully intended to do so).

Third, it is worth noting that what you are selling is "Power of the Force 2," not "Power of the Force," which I'm sure most members will find immediately evident given both the photographs as well as the section you've chosen to post this FS thread in. The former and the latter are two very different things.

Regards,
LM

Darth_Desert_Fox
07-26-2015, 04:57 AM
Hello Lady_Macbeth,

Let me try to address your points from earlier:

Point 1.) The reason I posted that they are my brother-in-law's items is because I, personally, do not collect these items; they were given to me very recently. They are indeed in my possession, and I do not want to keep them.
Point 2.) Prices are on the far right of each item. Although I'm happy to entertain bundled pricing.
Point 3.) If these are "Power of the Force 2" and not "Power of the Force" figures, then I apologize as I only went off of what was on the label of each figure; hence why I wanted to include pictures and post as much information that I could gather. I guess it only highlights that this is not my type of thing to collect.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. Thank you!

Lady_Macbeth
07-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Ah. Now I see the prices. My browser wasn't letting me scroll over earlier. It is quite fickle. And pictures are always great. :)

Astroworks
07-27-2015, 07:25 AM
I, personally, do not collect these items; they were given to me very recently. They are indeed in my possession, and I do not want to keep them.

With all due respect, I don't know where did you get the idea of those prices, but it looks that you really want to keep them ;) Asking 25 bucks for R5-D4 is gonna take about some hundreds of years to sell it...

Darth_Desert_Fox
07-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Hi euroherbal,

The prices I listed were based on sold pricing I found on eBay, but most of them I cut the price down some.

Astroworks
07-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Hi euroherbal,

The prices I listed were based on sold pricing I found on eBay, but most of them I cut the price down some.

Bad choice, because eBay prices are sometimes ridiculous and don't work here. That R5-D4 doesn't even sell for 5 bucks mint on card, so I suggest you to take a look of the prices offered here in these forums and change them before people start telling you to take your stuff to eBay :P

Darth_Desert_Fox
07-27-2015, 07:42 AM
While I appreciate everyone's feedback; I would've thought this type of discussion could've been handled better via PM rather than posting directly on a FOR SALE post. Since this has turned more into a "discussion" thread than a FS thread, please go ahead and close/lock. I'll see what I can sell locally or hand them over to some little kids to play with. I will not be responding/watching this thread moving forward.

Lady_Macbeth
07-27-2015, 08:55 AM
While I appreciate everyone's feedback; I would've thought this type of discussion could've been handled better via PM rather than posting directly on a FOR SALE post. Since this has turned more into a "discussion" thread than a FS thread, please go ahead and close/lock. I'll see what I can sell locally or hand them over to some little kids to play with. I will not be responding/watching this thread moving forward.

Though you may not be following this thread going forward, one reason for members to post on a FS listing like this is sort of like a community watch group. Sometimes, we need to remind each other or newer users of the rules, or at other times, we want to let seller and potential buyers alike know that the asking prices may be unreasonable or impractical. Yes, in certain instances, PM is an excellent way to communicate, but for what I contributed, it was meant for the community at large to see.

You have the rather unfortunate circumstance of now owning undesirable figures (the POTF2 lot). That's not meant to be unkind; it's just the reality of the situation in the modern SW collecting world. However, I do think that your asking prices for the Micro Machines seem reasonable enough, especially since they are MOSC. In fact, before this turned into a bit of a tiff, I was thinking about making an offer on one or two of them.

And you were exactly right to use eBay as a gauge for these figures. Yes, as euroherbal stated, eBay can have inflated prices, especially if two very stubborn people getting in a bidding war where it becomes more about being the winner than owning a collectible. But, truthfully, eBay's sold lot archive is our only solid way of determining prices. So, in that respect, you were spot on.

I don't think you'd get much - a couple of bucks perhaps per figure - for the POTF2 grouping from a local comic book store. If sold as a lot, you might have some luck on Craigslist. Whatever the case, I wish you luck in your endeavors.