PDA

View Full Version : Kylo Ren

GNT
04-17-2015, 07:06 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4455/medium/pic141.jpg

So we know a 6" Black Series (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1116370/) version is coming but what about the 3.75" line, can we expect see 50 Kylo Ren figures just like Darth Maul did back in 99/00?

Who's up for a 3.75 Kylo Ren figure?

JediMerc
04-18-2015, 06:36 AM
This guy/gal is going to be like Darth Maul figures were to TPM's release: it'll be everywhere and people will likely hoard them a hundred at a time in shopping carts like back in 1999. I'm only in on an articulated version: there's no sense in having a "warrior" figure like this end up with 5POA or some cruddy 'action' feature to ruin the aesthetics.

I personally am liking Capt. Phasma's overall look the more I see it, though; probably would be more likely to pick up that figure if I had to choose between the two...

Waggy
04-18-2015, 02:17 PM
What an awesome design. THis is a no-brainer for me. Love it!

Masterfett
04-18-2015, 04:44 PM
I guess, if you like rehashed armored Villain designs.

Krayt
04-18-2015, 04:56 PM
I guess, if you like rehashed armored Villain designs.

It's Disney's version of Revan

EnigmaticOne
04-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Revan is probably the basis, but it looks almost exactly as the sith in TOR.

Oddball_Fett
04-18-2015, 08:59 PM
The design's likeable enough for me to get even if he's 5poa, but he'd be the only one.

The lightsaber still sucks tho.

EnigmaticOne
04-19-2015, 05:28 PM
What if disney killed of EU just to reuse the designs elsewhere?

Krayt
04-19-2015, 08:32 PM
What if disney killed of EU just to reuse the designs elsewhere?

Revan was an awesome character, I hope Disney will use him

Trooper31
04-20-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm not really sure about this character. If the 3.75" figures are only 5 POA, then I won't even Need to think about them. If they do make an SA 3.75" Version, then maybe, but I'll probabaly wait on this guy until I see the film.

Darth_Broem
04-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Of course I will buy him. I actually like the light sabers myself. Something unique.

EddieU
04-22-2015, 02:14 AM
Does anybody else think that the top portion of Kylo Ren's mask is slightly evocative of the silver "racing stripes" on vintage Kenner packaging? I wonder if that's by design, subconscious or not.

Trooper31
04-22-2015, 04:02 AM
Of course I will buy him. I actually like the light sabers myself. Something unique.

I'm not really convinced about the character, but the saber doesn't bother me at all. You're right, it's something unique. I know each sabers has a different hilt, but we rarely get a good look at the hilts in the films anyway, so this is one that stands out in that sense.

DavidSkywalker
08-13-2015, 10:26 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/Q~8AAOSw3ydVzK9W/$_57.JPG

Star Wars The Force Awakens Kylo Ren 2015 Hasbro | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Kylo-Ren-2015-Hasbro-/161793235928?hash=item25aba0dbd8&rmvSB=true)

R1G4R3PO
08-13-2015, 10:39 AM
while card is overall nice, the small character name is bad. but i guess the multi-language age suggestion is more important lol

Waggy
08-13-2015, 10:39 AM
The figure, packaging, art looks awesome. A definite buy for me come Sept. 4th!

Waggy
08-13-2015, 10:42 AM
while card is overall nice, the small character name is bad. but i guess the multi-language age suggestion is more important lol

Yeah...without the character name we wouldn't guess who the figure would be would we? Apart from the art work and see through bubble...lol

deadpool
08-13-2015, 10:45 AM
RIP 3.75 SA SW figures.

My collecting officially stops. . . . . . Now.

Peace.

deadpool
08-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Oh...

And Hasbro SUCKS!

Julythrunov
08-13-2015, 10:47 AM
I think the point was, if this card represent the look of the line, the character names being so small and at the bottom of the card make it tough to locate. While everyone here already knows who kylo ren is, a parent or a kid might need to see the name, especially on lesser known characters.

PROVOST
08-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Some fool bid and won that Kylo Ren.

"Look,I have it first! *rollseyes*

DavidSkywalker
08-13-2015, 10:52 AM

If he reviews it on YouTube, monetizes it, and gets 100k views for having the first Force Awakens figure... he will double his money.

Provided he is that smart.

R1G4R3PO
08-13-2015, 10:54 AM

wouldnt be funny if the buyer was hasbro or disney just to catch the seller?

Waggy
08-13-2015, 10:54 AM
I think the point was, if this card represent the look of the line, the character names being so small and at the bottom of the card make it tough to locate. While everyone here already knows who kylo ren is, a parent or a kid might need to see the name, especially on lesser known characters.

It's not as centrally located as the TVC line but the name can be found. The figure and the art is most important and given how distinctive the characters are it shouldn't be a problem. If there are parents and relatives who are buying presents who aren't familiar with the characters then there may be an issue, maybe, but commonsense dictates you do some research beforehand (look up a picture) or ask a store worker. Even then, just take a couple of seconds to look for the name and once you get used to where the name is written your eyes will be drawn to that part of the card anyway for other SW figures. It's not like they're going to change the place were they write the name on every card.

patrickdurfee
08-13-2015, 10:56 AM
The card reminds me of the Phantom menace action figures when the Phantom menace figures came when the movie was in theaters. Nice.

PROVOST
08-13-2015, 10:56 AM
If he reviews it on YouTube, monetizes it, and gets 100k views for having the first Force Awakens figure... he will double his money.

Provided he is that smart.

Sure,that's "possible"

As is this and I like this idea a lot.

PROVOST
08-13-2015, 10:57 AM
The card reminds me of the Phantom menace action figures when the Phantom menace figures came when the movie was in theaters. Nice.

True,reminds me also of that.

The lesson in that is "hold out" cause MUCH better product can and likely will be made.

Waggy
08-13-2015, 10:58 AM
What language is that beneath the 'combine' and the 'warning' notices below the Kylo Ren figure?

ctonra
08-13-2015, 11:00 AM
WOW $100 for a 5 POA. Great job on that, If you waited a month you could have bought 10 of him for the same amount

DavidSkywalker
08-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Someone at JTA translated the Aurebesh on the bottom of the package... it reads...

"COMBINE FOREST GEAR"

Snow Desert Jungle Space. Anyone?

TK_842
08-13-2015, 11:02 AM
What language is that beneath the 'combine' and the 'warning' notices below the Kylo Ren figure?

This is Aurebesh. Star Wars in universe language.

R1G4R3PO
08-13-2015, 11:04 AM
It's not as centrally located as the TVC line but the name can be found. The figure and the art is most important and given how distinctive the characters are it shouldn't be a problem. If there are parents and relatives who are buying presents who aren't familiar with the characters then there may be an issue, maybe, but commonsense dictates you do some research beforehand (look up a picture) or ask a store worker. Even then, just take a couple of seconds to look for the name and once you get used to where the name is written your eyes will be drawn to that part of the card anyway for other SW figures. It's not like they're going to change the place were they write the name on every card.

first of all, i was being sarcastic, which doesnt come off well written on online forums. But now that you've suggested "ask a store employee".. i can't comment on store workers in the UK but here in the USA, some workers can't tell difference in a bar of soap and a tube of tooth paste because they don't look/smell like they ever used either one..."Welcome to WalMart" LOL (again sarcasm) second if cards are packed ful and randomly, the names on card, although in an idea location for thumbing through, would be hard to read when card/figs in front cast a shadow (no sarcasm)
I think the name and the age line could been reversed and name a bit larger..just saying.

deskvader1
08-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Holy crap!

MartyMcFett
08-13-2015, 11:11 AM
It looks frickin' awesome! despite the fact it's only 5POA.
What's the retail price on this?

deskvader1
08-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Sad two pages of botching and moaning about the name and this is one of the first reveals!!! Come on people get pumped! Lol

Batman
08-13-2015, 11:13 AM

Something you can bet on. ;)

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Crap, I'm going to buy him. I need to clear some space in my collection. Come on leaks, keep coming.

What is the build a weapon supposed to be? I can't make heads or tails of it.

R1G4R3PO
08-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Sad two pages of botching and moaning about the name and this is one of the first reveals!!! Come on people get pumped! Lol

isn't that what the internet is for? :P

0h, trust me, i am PUMPED and excited for some actual NEW SW figs!!!!!

"Look,I have it first!"

now could the buyer actually claim that they have it first since they bought it from someone on eBay? the seller had it before the buyer :D
yes sir someone wasted thier money if that was thier motive. Still like idea hasbro/disney could been the buyer

MartyMcFett
08-13-2015, 11:24 AM
It's the best 5POA Star Wars figure ever made.

TK_842
08-13-2015, 11:29 AM
It looks frickin' awesome! despite the fact it's only 5POA.
What's the retail price on this?

According to auction, $99.99 :P

Julythrunov
08-13-2015, 11:33 AM

You don't have to defend the figures. It's ok that you are excited about them, any issues with the design of the card in no way reflects upon you or who you are as a human being, and I'm sure the people looking for the character names will find them just find. It's ok, everything is ok.

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 11:34 AM

I have a few OT 5POA figures that would disagree, but to each his own.

It's nice to see some of the SA crowd get excited despite his articulation.

PROVOST
08-13-2015, 11:42 AM
http://s21.postimg.org/8rum970on/11891179_10154357976597195_6380759040008269593_n.j pg (http://postimage.org/)

Julythrunov
08-13-2015, 11:42 AM

Lol I can't. I just can't

Julythrunov
08-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Luke skywalker......what the......................................

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Um, is it me or does that Luke look like a potential re-release of Luke Bespin.

Actually that makes a lot of sense...

R1G4R3PO
08-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Luke skywalker......what the......................................

true that! too bad not ep7 luke. but this confirms that report of an ep5 luke coming on 9/4...a repack likely, but if this is "jungle/space" theme maybe a open jacket dagobah luke? i guess dagobah could loosely fit a "jungle/space" theme

deskvader1
08-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Indeed one of the better looking 5poa. The carding is great with good use of space and limited detailing to prevent spoilers. Whatever the gimmick is, looks like crap but if it's useful and part of the movie I'm ok. Not hyped on the bespin luke but maybe it'll be a flashback. If these are only 8 bucks I may be back in the game...maybe

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 12:04 PM
true that! too bad not ep7 luke. but this confirms that report of an ep5 luke coming on 9/4...a repack likely, but if this is "jungle/space" theme maybe a open jacket dagobah luke? i guess dagobah could loosely fit a "jungle/space" theme

I can almost guarantee it will be a re-pack of the SL Luke Bespin figure. He's actually pretty solid for 5POA but I mostly like the head. If anyone wants to unload this Luke Bespin for cheap let me know.

R1G4R3PO
08-13-2015, 12:14 PM
^0h i'm sure it is a repack. it'd be nice though for the alternative open jacket which ideally using same limbs and head hasbro could do

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Actually that would be really easy especially since it's a digital sculpt.

Very unlikely though.

deskvader1
08-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Rumor has it the packaging folds out into a 3d diorama. If true, it's things like this that hasbro needs to do to justify a price increase and also entice more buyers.

deskvader1
08-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Also looks like underneath this package there is another carded fig? Looks like phasma

TK_842
08-13-2015, 12:43 PM
I find that cardback design very reminiscent to G.I Joe style. Not finding that Star Wars vibe in it. Not a cardback that will leave an impression on the line history if you ask me.

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
The packaging is par for the course these days. Look at saga legends packaging. Look at the back. It's just how they are now. Welcome to Star Wars under Disney.

matto
08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Card fronts look ok... cardbacks look terrible. The figure's sculpts don't look bad at all, but 5POA will keep in on the shelf for me. Keep the figures Hasbro and I'm keeping my money. And that looks like all we will get unfortunately. Giving up hope on any TFA SA figures.

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Card fronts look ok... cardbacks look terrible. The figure's sculpts don't look bad at all, but 5POA will keep in on the shelf for me. Keep the figures Hasbro and I'm keeping my money. And that looks like all we will get unfortunately. Giving up hope on any TFA SA figures.

What's ironic is your icon is of a 6 POA figure... Just an observation. ;)

Caas_Sandhri
08-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Let me just wrap my mind around it, aside from the actual figure...

This is the first of the new movies since a decade ago, the very first wave of figures for this movie, it's an all-new age and we're going to see tons of all-new characters.

And they feel the need to bolster this wave with a re-release of an OT Luke already? (Which is needed if you want to complete your super duper extra weapon thingie, too. Fortunately it looks dumb so there's no temptation anyway.)

(Most likely we get one old figure per "environment assortment"; that would explain the Vader that appeared on some store lists.)

Now, it is indeed likely that the actual movie will contain a flashback of Luke fighting Vader on Bespin - we do see Luke's lost lightsaber after all, so there needs to be an explanation why it reappears in this time. And maybe Hasbro thinks it's a smart choice to include OT characters to "connect the dots". And maybe it's even a new sculpt that better represents that hypothetical flashback scene.

Oh, who am I kidding, it's still lame.

Oddball_Fett
08-13-2015, 02:47 PM
"Hey, we told ya we'd give ya something better than 5POA!!!"

:awesome:

QuiGonJohn
08-13-2015, 03:47 PM
No sale. At all.

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
No sale. At all.

Because these figures don't have 8POA like your icon??

Waggy
08-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Oh, who am I kidding, it's still lame.

What is? The post that you wrote in which you contradict yourself?

Wishing_Well
08-13-2015, 04:29 PM
3.75" for the new movie is still 5POA? That sucks...well I guess I don't have to worry about room on my shelf for the sequel trilogy 3.75" figures.

TK114
08-13-2015, 04:35 PM
OK, so if I am looking at it right, that build a weapon things is three parts that combine to make a pushed lawn mower with legs instead of wheels. If you look you can see it has two handles on the back that the operator would use to push the thing, then you have the big spinning blade on the front. Are we lead to believe then that even in this high tech future people still have to push mow the damn lawn? Is it the newest Imperial superweapon maybe? The AT-LM all terrain lawn mower that the Empire used to spread evil by showing up and mowing down you flower garden right as its in bloom?

And not even a guard cover on the blade either, imagine all the gravel and grass cuttings that would be hurled in your face as you try to mow with that thing. Seems like a mower someones parents would own and they would punish their kids for being unruly by making them mow the lawn with that thing.

TK_842
08-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Because these figures don't have 8POA like your icon??

Nope. Because we were treated with much more articulated figures since then and we got addicted to them.

Waggy
08-13-2015, 06:13 PM
Nope. Because we were treated with much more articulated figures since then and we got addicted to them.

had some absolute gems.
You're right about that. We've

Maverick10126
08-13-2015, 06:21 PM

Addicted indeed.

Jiznedizni
08-13-2015, 07:03 PM
What an awesome design. THis is a no-brainer for me. Love it!

I'm with you on this one. No brainer fo sho and more than one cuz you know my boys, nephews and god kids are all gonna like this guy as well.

MartyMcFett
08-13-2015, 08:50 PM
I just want to reiterate that out of all the new figures revealed today, Kylo Ren is my favorite one.

Masterfett
08-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Addicted indeed.
Well... I wonder just how addicted we are. If the supplier changes the product, do we buy it or change suppliers. :hmm:

TK_842
08-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Yep. Addicted to hard SA stuff not this Methadon like stuff ;)

GNT
08-14-2015, 06:00 AM
Well... I wonder just how addicted we are. If the supplier changes the product, do we buy it or change suppliers. :hmm:

I think it's more the you buy it or your Hasbro days are basically over lol Otherwise there's LEGO, Hot Toys etc that one could collect if they wanted something to collect.

Oddball_Fett
08-14-2015, 02:03 PM
OK, so if I am looking at it right, that build a weapon things is three parts that combine to make a pushed lawn mower with legs instead of wheels. If you look you can see it has two handles on the back that the operator would use to push the thing, then you have the big spinning blade on the front. Are we lead to believe then that even in this high tech future people still have to push mow the damn lawn? Is it the newest Imperial superweapon maybe? The AT-LM all terrain lawn mower that the Empire used to spread evil by showing up and mowing down you flower garden right as its in bloom?

And not even a guard cover on the blade either, imagine all the gravel and grass cuttings that would be hurled in your face as you try to mow with that thing. Seems like a mower someones parents would own and they would punish their kids for being unruly by making them mow the lawn with that thing.

With lightsabers like these...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141129005402/starwars/images/4/4b/KyloRen.png

... who needs guard covers?

:twisted:

WWEJedi
08-15-2015, 03:50 AM
Really disappointing. Hopefully he gets the Black Series 3.75 treatment. You should be able to duplicate the pose on the card when buying a figure, not with this guy. A cloth robe, two legs not some terrible ab crunch, would have made this the best figure revealed. *sigh* Still will grab one.

TJapes
08-15-2015, 04:43 AM
This is the high point of the reveals thus far, he looks good.

JediMerc
08-15-2015, 07:43 AM
No doubt that sculpts on these figures look pretty good (IMO), but I'm still partial to more articulation. I am seriously stuck on whether or not I even want to purchase these at all despite the great sculpts.

I'll probably pick up Kylo but, with regards to the other characters, a lot depends on price and what the sculpt/paint apps look like in-hand...

JediMerc
08-15-2015, 07:47 AM

(knock, knock, knock)

"Open up! This is the action figure police! Your efficiency apartment is surrounded! There's no place to hide (them)...not even your Murphy bed...Don't even think about trying to make a run for it with all those ****** figs..."

:P

Maverick10126
08-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Anyone thinking about customizing this guy? I'm thinking Dark Empire Comic Luke arms??

Jiznedizni
08-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Anyone thinking about customizing this guy? I'm thinking Dark Empire Comic Luke arms??

I think if you do it correctly, the ball joint elbows and knees from a TCW clone trooper should work nicely. I have tone of them that I bought from Ebay from those over seas guys. Just a little slice and dremel drill action should do the trick.

PresidentFett
08-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Even if no SA version is available right away, I would wait for the inevitable Black Series version... Except it will undoubtedly have a cloth hood, which I hate. I'll need this version for the sculpted hood head.

deskvader1
08-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Even if no SA version is available right away, I would wait for the inevitable Black Series version... Except it will undoubtedly have a cloth hood, which I hate. I'll need this version for the sculpted hood head.

so essentially we're paying 20 bux for SA figures anyway. Damn you hasbro!:mad:

TK_842
08-18-2015, 01:20 PM
so essentially we're paying 20 bux for SA figures anyway. Damn you hasbro!:mad:

That's if you're Lucky and find those at big box retail. Otherwise, EBay scalpers prices might cost you at least twice that price.

DarkArtist
08-20-2015, 12:26 PM
really hoping that he is not like the Darth Maul fiasco from TPM back in '99.

HothHan
09-04-2015, 03:02 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this figure and the Armor Up Kylo and saw that they weren't the same figure with just a head swap. The legs, head, scarf/hood thing and left arm are all unique between the two figures.

Maverick10126
09-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this figure and the Armor Up Kylo and saw that they weren't the same figure with just a head swap. The legs, head, scarf/hood thing and left arm are all unique between the two figures.

What's the difference between the two?

HothHan
09-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Legs, head, hood and left arm

Mike_S
09-04-2015, 03:28 PM
For only 5 points of articulation, these are truly excellent figures.
Straight from the package and ready to pose. No messing about

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/arctrooper/arctrooper172/DSCN2686.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/arctrooper/media/arctrooper172/DSCN2686.jpg.html)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/arctrooper/arctrooper172/DSCN3406.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/arctrooper/media/arctrooper172/DSCN3406.jpg.html)

John_Solo
09-04-2015, 05:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Bx41YR8.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/XcIVkWc.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/wZZBw26.jpg

Cramer
09-04-2015, 07:41 PM
I have no idea why the hood down Kylo is twice as much as the regular one nor why I bought it but now I feel ripped off

Darth_Herzog
09-04-2015, 10:52 PM
I have no idea why the hood down Kylo is twice as much as the regular one nor why I bought it but now I feel ripped off

Simple graft, my friend. You have bilked by the highwaymen of Pawtucket Rhode Island.

Blight
09-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Anyone have any extras of these or phasma for sale?

Hellbelly
09-05-2015, 05:12 AM

We dont have that problem over here in the UK, because we're already paying $15 for the basic figures, but only $16.66 for the Armour Up stuff. (Pricing logic fail)

GNT
09-05-2015, 06:56 AM
The armor up versions only $4 more here, though they could've been in the normal packaging honestly, I don't see any extra value in that line.

JediMerc
09-05-2015, 09:03 AM
The armor up versions only $4 more here, though they could've been in the normal packaging honestly, I don't see any extra value in that line.

Agreed. Those sets' price is literally for the photo art/box; that wasted space and armor piece don't even begin to make up for the higher price...

Mandalorian_Madman
09-05-2015, 02:41 PM
This is an awesome figure with a killer sculpt. Definitely my favorite of all the new 3 3/4" figures I picked up yesterday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Julythrunov
09-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Doesn't matter. Hasbro knows they can still sell them at $4+ more for no
good reason and they do. Disney said in a press release after the purchase, "Star Wars is ever green". More like ever gold.

Lord_Marvel
09-05-2015, 06:53 PM
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w633/sejwalkin/2015-09-05%2014.11.53_zpsnfxoloxc.jpg (http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/sejwalkin/media/2015-09-05%2014.11.53_zpsnfxoloxc.jpg.html)

JediMerc
09-06-2015, 07:29 AM
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w633/sejwalkin/2015-09-05%2014.11.53_zpsnfxoloxc.jpg (http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/sejwalkin/media/2015-09-05%2014.11.53_zpsnfxoloxc.jpg.html)

Too bad this is the farthest thing from what the 3.75" Kylo Ren is actually like...:whistling:

lordtyrannus
09-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Too bad this is the farthest thing from what the 3.75" Kylo Ren is actually like...:whistling:

The SA Kylo and Stormtrooper coming in Wave 2 of the Walmart 3.75" Black Series will rectify this.

TK_842
09-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Lets hope thy will be widely available.

JamesBenjamin
09-07-2015, 11:57 AM
So there are three different Kylo Ren 3.75" figures, right? Does anyone have all three and can do a pic of them side-by-side? I thought I saw somewhere they all had unique sculpts...

EddieU
09-07-2015, 12:03 PM
So there are three different Kylo Ren 3.75" figures, right? Does anyone have all three and can do a pic of them side-by-side? I thought I saw somewhere they all had unique sculpts...

Hey James, there are three---but one of those is the yet-to-be-released SA 3.75" Kylo; the only two available now are the basic (hood up) figure and the $12.99 Armor Up (hood down) figure.

Koth
09-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Will the Wave 2 figure be the same as the basic? Is the Armour up figure the same as the basic? I see the Finn figure is the same with a splash of white on the Armour up figure

Miserabelle
09-07-2015, 03:41 PM
The armored up Kylo is a different sculpt. The hood is down, different cape, different left arm with fist, different legs. It also has a brushing of white on the legs to look like snow. As far as I can tell from the pictures I've seen, the basic wave two Kylo looks the same as the basic wave one Kylo except for the new build a weapon accessory.

Rinzler7
09-07-2015, 05:34 PM
I saw the Armor up Kylo at my Target of Friday...I couldn't take the 12.99 price tag for an extra cheap piece of "armor." Kylo did look nice though but I've regulated myself to waiting for the SA version...

bwing
09-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Is this figure (character) the new Darth Maul of 1999??

Since Friday afternoon (when I was able to purchase the basic figure), I have not seen a single Ren figure anywhere. Even hasbrotoyshop.com does not have either versions of him in stock.

tmthor
09-10-2015, 02:34 PM
what are the 3 3 1/4" kylo's I only thought there was 2 regular and Armor up

OdinsDad
09-10-2015, 02:56 PM
SA WM exclusive version coming soon.

DAVIDUGLY
09-10-2015, 03:03 PM

Since Friday afternoon (when I was able to purchase the basic figure), I have not seen a single Ren figure anywhere. Even hasbrotoyshop.com does not have either versions of him in stock.

Every store in our city has "millions" of them seems like

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/537/DXLkfH.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/exDXLkfHj)

Maverick10126
09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Where do you live?? No store here had close to that much stock even on Friday.

tmthor
09-10-2015, 03:16 PM
He has a camera that sees the future. That is what all star wars sections will look like after January.

DAVIDUGLY
09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Where do you live?? No store here had close to that much stock even on Friday.

Tokyo, every shop here has as much as you want of any item... Want 100 black series storm troopers? No problem, and they restock next day, no scalpers. It's as much as you wish at all stores.

Here is the scene at Toys R us yesterday.
https://instagram.com/p/7cQfSkJAKa/

Julythrunov
09-10-2015, 07:37 PM
That's....interesting ...

yodasworld
09-11-2015, 12:57 PM
really hoping that he is not like the Darth Maul fiasco from TPM back in '99.

I'm sorry. New here. And wasn't collecting back in 1999. What do you mean by is this similar to the Darth Maul fiasco from that time period?

RhyYees
09-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Very popular figure, one to a case, hoarded by scalpers.

Eventually Hasbro corrected the issue by shipping entire boxes of Mauls to retailers, but by that point the figure had been next-to-impossible to find for months.

tmthor
09-11-2015, 01:24 PM

Eventually Hasbro corrected the issue by shipping entire boxes of Mauls to retailers, but by that point the figure had been next-to-impossible to find for months.

Dont forget the variations did not help either

Maverick10126
09-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Hasbro was kind of thinking ahead by packing him as a carry forward figure in a future wave...but seeing how successful they have been at delivering wave 1...I wonder if future waves will drop.

yodasworld
09-11-2015, 02:34 PM

Oh OK. Thanks.

Didn't help the marketing and packaging for that movie featured that character prominently.

And besides the final lightsaber duel, which is probably the best in the series ... the character himself had barely any screen time and wasn't very memorable. Well, besides the aesthetics of his look and weapon.

Hopefully Kylo Ren is a better character in his actual film. The similarities are there though considering he's featured as the fave of the marketing, he's the villain, and had a new unique lights abet

Is this figure really that sought after or difficult to find?

I've had a hard enough time finding any of the figures period. Seems like they really undelivered here in the states. Or maybe that was done on purpose to build anticipation to the film given we are still 3 months out. And we will be hit with more volume as the release date looms closer.

What are the best and/or most difficult to find figures from the TFA 3 3/4 line?

DJ121
09-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Even if he is, and dies in the film, we can count on Hasbro churning out several different Kylo Ren figures just as they have for Darth Maul over the years. Because he's a bad guy with a red saber blade. That must mean he's the coolest character of all time, right?

Cramer
09-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Picked up one today at Kohls for $150.99 since I gave my first one to my niece who didn't like the hood-down version I got her. I missed the hood so I fell for it.

Cramer
09-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Also I made a hilt for him to wear since now I have two on display
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/Alpha84/Mobile%20Uploads/98F34170-C0FB-4AFD-A0AD-2E3082DBEF0B.jpg (http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Alpha84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/98F34170-C0FB-4AFD-A0AD-2E3082DBEF0B.jpg.html)

Maverick10126
09-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Picked up one today at Kohls for $150.99 since I gave my first one to my niece who didn't like the hood-down version I got her. I missed the hood so I fell for it.

For $150.99?? I would have sold you mine for $100 ;)

Cramer
09-14-2015, 02:53 PM
For $150.99?? I would have sold you mine for $100 ;)

Yeah but then you add shipping!

GNT
09-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Looks like wave 2 will have a card variant:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4455/medium/TFA-kyloRen_variant.jpg

R1G4R3PO
09-17-2015, 12:39 PM
while i understand the "need" for ren to carry forward. it's a shame they resorted to repacking new BAW part. Couldnt they rereleased the 5POA Maul w/ this new part and release a rev case w/ reissues w/ original BAW parts after 2nd wave or along w/ a 3rd wave case ...like say a rev case w/ ren, enforcer, hux, tie pilot, res. trooper, and phasma

as far a ezra, kanan and inquisitor...if ezra was now given a saber, why couldn't inquisitor been given his helmet? (saw carded pics on ebay) and couldnt kanan been ....the MIA Utai instead? or even a stormtrooper disquised kanan. Really though, any 2 of the 3 Rebels repacks should've been a 2pk

GNT
09-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Outside of some collectors, no one wants a Utai figure. It's a boring character and would probably pegwarm.

I wouldn't be surprised to see these figures repacked for years to come on new cardbacks similar to the real Vintage collection.

PotatoFighter
09-17-2015, 06:50 PM
Outside of some collectors, no one wants a Utai figure. It's a boring character and would probably pegwarm.I wouldn't be surprised to see these figures repacked for years to come on new cardbacks similar to the real Vintage collection.If they are cool...

Herb
09-19-2015, 08:56 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_31295.JPG

aeckles
09-19-2015, 10:46 AM

That looks amazing!!!!!!

Internets
09-19-2015, 11:02 AM
If the 5POA packaging looked like that, I'd probably pick them up.

Herb
09-19-2015, 11:07 AM
All the credit for these vintage style cards goes to fellow forum member carljuniorcm:)

Mandalorian_Madman
09-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Holy cow that looks great.

MartyMcFett
09-20-2015, 12:33 PM
God that looks awesome. See, this is what I was pushing for months ago. In fact I distinctly remember stating my opinion that Hasbro should release the TFA figures on Vintage style cards, and a lot of people in here said stuff like "That's a lame idea!... Not again!... I think the cardbacks need their own new unique style!..." etc.
Whatevs.

Mandalorian_Madman
09-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I think the new packaging for TFA stuff looks good but I'm for vintage styled card backs with photos every time.

Darth_Herzog
09-20-2015, 01:00 PM
God that looks awesome. See, this is what I was pushing for months ago. In fact I distinctly remember stating my opinion that Hasbro should release the TFA figures on Vintage style cards, and a lot of people in here said stuff like "That's a lame idea!... Not again!... I think the cardbacks need their own new unique style!..." etc.
Whatevs.

Clearly the world does not comprehend or celebrate the fathomless abyss of your genius enough.

Darth_Janisary
09-21-2015, 03:49 PM

O.O I wish they looked like that

09-24-2015, 06:15 AM
Picked up the basic 3 3/4 Kylo Ren the other day. My first TFA purchase so far, and I'm really pleased with it, I really like just the basic 5 points of articulation and glad it uses sculpted plastic robes and not real fabric robes.

Mandalorian_Madman
09-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Yeah, my favorite figure from the new stuff so far I think. Vader/Ahsoka two pack is close to the top as well.

Darth_Janisary
09-24-2015, 10:11 AM
I like a lot of the new figures but Kylo and Phasma are my favorites.

PotatoFighter
09-24-2015, 10:28 AM
I can't find him anywhere in one kmart, 12 dollar generals, 3 walgrees, a TRU, target and two walmarts.

Mandalorian_Madman
09-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Yeah I have not seen him on the shelf since FF.

Mandalorian_Madman
09-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Edit: Just found one at Walgreens.

Maverick10126
09-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Who would have thought Walgreens would be the answer for all hard to find figures. It's crazy.

Darth_Janisary
09-24-2015, 02:51 PM
in the last couple of years I have noticed many figures appear where you least expect them to.

PotatoFighter
09-24-2015, 07:14 PM
in the last couple of years I have noticed many figures appear where you least expect them to.
Eh, i'll try CBS for the lolz.

PotatoFighter
09-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Eh, i'll try CBS for the lolz.
CVS, blast this no edit feature.

Darth_Broem
09-24-2015, 10:42 PM
I went to 2 Walgreen's today and found two 3 3/4 Kylo Rens and 1 full set of 6 inch figures at 1 store. All of the 3 3/4 figures had been picked over. But the good news is they put them out sometime this week. The other Walgreen's store had some of the 6 inchers and one 3 3/4 Resistance Trooper. Again they had put them out at some time this week. I know because I had checked them on Sunday.

PJS2000
09-26-2015, 06:30 AM
I want to find one of the 3.75 Kylo Ren's with the variation card artwork...

PotatoFighter
09-26-2015, 03:57 PM
I went to 2 Walgreen's today and found two 3 3/4 Kylo Rens and 1 full set of 6 inch figures at 1 store. All of the 3 3/4 figures had been picked over. But the good news is they put them out sometime this week. The other Walgreen's store had some of the 6 inchers and one 3 3/4 Resistance Trooper. Again they had put them out at some time this week. I know because I had checked them on Sunday.
Unless you live in the east us.

DontDissTheFett
09-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Up on Amazon right now for $7.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SD8GYEW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=21RU4GQVOCEG6&coliid=I3DDB4RGN49D6Y

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cramer
09-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Couple of these guys still at Kohls. Anyone have a problem with his head popping off? Mine doesn't really snap on there and when I rearrange my display if I pick him up by the head the body falls off.

PotatoFighter
09-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Couple of these guys still at Kohls. Anyone have a problem with his head popping off? Mine doesn't really snap on there and when I rearrange my display if I pick him up by the head the body falls off.I have similar problem with my resistance trooper, but its not to that extent, maybe its a misshapen edge on the mold of the neck joint?

Billy_Ray
09-29-2015, 03:57 PM
My wife picked up one of these for me at Walgreens a week or so ago. Gotta say he's pretty cool for the most part. Not digging the 80's style crotch, but other than that I dig him.

PoweroftheForce2
10-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Kylo Ren in action:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/003505.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/003505.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/004439.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/004439.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/005422.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/005422.JPG)

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEJw4QS0FsATZ81L0ru1fXg

PotatoFighter
10-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Kylo Ren in action:http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/003505.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/003505.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/004439.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/004439.JPG) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/005422.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/005422.JPG) My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEJw4QS0FsATZ81L0ru1fXgOh, no! my buiscits are burning!

Jediprime
10-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I just found one at my local Wal-Mart. The hilt was not painted and I didn't know if this was a variant. I apologize if this was mentioned already in the thread but I didn't notice.

Zuvio
10-29-2015, 06:49 AM
There seems to be two versions of Kylo, not including the armor-up series. Identical figure but different auxiliary piece. Anyone know what's up with that? The ones as part of a three series to complete the auxiliary toy, but Hasbro seem to have made him to complete two different sets of three. I decided to buy both.

bobafett14
10-29-2015, 07:22 AM
I just assumed since he was the new big "Baddie" in the SW universe, Hasbro figured EVERYONE would want him, so they released him twice. Make sense to me... him and Phasma are the only 2 that were a bit harder to find, and the only 2 I don't see on the shelves.

Lak_Sivrak
10-29-2015, 11:44 AM
There seems to be two versions of Kylo, not including the armor-up series. Identical figure but different auxiliary piece. Anyone know what's up with that? The ones as part of a three series to complete the auxiliary toy, but Hasbro seem to have made him to complete two different sets of three. I decided to buy both.

There's a Kylo figure in both Wave 1 and 2. One BAW piece fits with the guys in his assortment from Wave 1 and the other fits with the guys in his assortment from Wave 2.

PotatoFighter
10-29-2015, 07:02 PM
There's a Kylo figure in both Wave 1 and 2. One BAW piece fits with the guys in his assortment from Wave 1 and the other fits with the guys in his assortment from Wave 2.
Huh, i'd prefer for them to have the same peices, but thats just me.

Zuvio
10-31-2015, 07:28 AM

Yeah, pretty nifty i reckon. I initially thought i might have got my hands a rare assembly line stuff up LOL, but anyway having him to complete two 3 sets is fine by me. Sharp looking dude; i wonder what part he plays in the movie? can't wait...

Maynard
11-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Has it been revealed ANYWHERE yet where our new bad-boy-dressed-in-black hangs his hilt??? There is absolutely nothing I can come up with on my own, noe of the figurer releases have given me a clue, and Im thinking, sadly, that until the movie is released or that "Visual Dictionary" picture-book thing (which we get with each new movie release) comes out, we're not going to know.
But until then, any clues anyone?
ps--And actually, does anyone know if the Visual Dictionary has been released yet either?

RUOKR2
11-05-2015, 11:51 AM
^ Only seen in the SFA Kylo Ren?
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/matrixcollectibles/s-h-figuarts-kylo-ren-force-awakens-pre-order-9.gif

RUOKR2
11-05-2015, 11:57 AM
And perhaps here on his right hip?https://indierevolver.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/sw-tfa-aug-hr-021.jpg

HothHan
11-05-2015, 01:31 PM
That looks like it takes place on the moon. Like OUR moon.

tauntaunweequay
11-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Should we report this to NASA?!

PotatoFighter
11-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Should we report this to NASA?!
No, the Russian Space Administration.

Masterfett
11-05-2015, 07:00 PM
No, NASA already knows. That's why they haven't been back! lol

Zuvio
11-09-2015, 05:44 AM
Problem is, it's a conspiracy:confused:. The American government don't want us to know about the critters and creatures and aliens and other lifeforms on other planets, but the shadows are all wrong, and the fake gravity is reminiscent of earth, and the swords are missing gold-plating, and the battery for the lightsaber is genuine lithium, and stormtroopers forgot their britches:wtf:

HothHan
11-09-2015, 10:13 AM
It would be awesome if that picture was from like Endor or Kashyyk and the FO just literally burned it to the ground.

PotatoFighter
11-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Yeah, no. Nobody kills MY ewoks!

Zuvio
11-09-2015, 11:52 PM
But seriously, that's an awesome picture you posted. I cannot wait for the movie, what with being 6 years old when i saw the first in 1977. At at that age i can remember being fully cognizant of everything that was happening onscreen, wow! We have had the privilege of being the first to see the first truly epic movie of the likes that no one on earth had seen before on that scale. George Lucas is simply legendary for what he achieved and the vision he brought to the screen all those years ago, absolute genius, and yet here we are 39 years later and with the original actors back in it:o Awesome! Bring it on... i wont be taking my girlfriend either, i'm gonna see this one alone, i want full concentration for this one...

Maverick10126
11-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Full concentration?? Are we being tested after the movie is over and lights turn on?

Zuvio
11-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Full concentration?? Are we being tested after the movie is over and lights turn on?

Head out of the gutter please sir.:disgusted:

Maverick10126
11-13-2015, 12:45 AM
I don't see how what I said could possibly be "me having my head in the gutter."

Zuvio
11-14-2015, 03:42 AM
I don't see how what I said could possibly be "me having my head in the gutter."

Okay, simple misunderstanding, i misread the intent of your words, I thought you were alluding to a rude innuendo about certain things (full concentration! - are we being tested... "after the lights turn on"); simple misunderstanding by me, and i still don 't know what your referring to anyway; nonetheless, onwards and upwards...

Lak_Sivrak
11-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Okay, simple misunderstanding, i misread the intent of your words, I thought you were alluding to a rude innuendo about certain things (full concentration! - are we being tested... "after the lights turn on"); simple misunderstanding by me, and i still don 't know what your referring to anyway; nonetheless, onwards and upwards...

You said you needed full concentration so you weren't going to bring your girlfriend to the show.

He was saying, "Why do you need full concentration? Are we being quizzed over the movie when it's over?"

PotatoFighter
11-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Full concentration?? Are we being tested after the movie is over and lights turn on?It's worth 40% of your grade, you had best study.

Zuvio
11-20-2015, 09:02 AM
You said you needed full concentration so you weren't going to bring your girlfriend to the show.

He was saying, "Why do you need full concentration? Are we being quizzed over the movie when it's over?"

Assuming that's what he meant (in your explanation) cheers, now i get it.

Maverick10126
11-20-2015, 12:17 PM
It's worth 40% of your grade, you had best study.

Oh crap, less than a month away there's no way I'll be ready!

Does anyone have the study guide??

Lak_Sivrak
11-20-2015, 03:16 PM
I imagine that most people on here will have paid enough attention or seen it enough to times to ace that test.
No real study time necessary.

Kylash327
11-21-2015, 06:07 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/642/23161706416_ac765bca56_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/635/22793650277_cea5a3f4b1_b.jpg

Lak_Sivrak
11-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Target in Garland, TX has PZ, Hux, Asty, Snowtrooper, Sarco, Wave 2 Kylo and FO Stormtrooper, BB-8 3-pack, and R2/3PO 2-pack.
N. Garland Ave off of 190 for anyone in the Dallas area. I have all of those so I didn't buy any. They're all still there as of right now.

Sith_Dreamer
11-22-2015, 01:02 AM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/642/23161706416_ac765bca56_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/635/22793650277_cea5a3f4b1_b.jpg

Man, I don't think anything is inherently wrong with the sculpts, but this pic really illustrates the problem with the 5 POA figures. Kylo looks decent, but Finn looks extremely awkward.

User897
11-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Okay my posts have been removed without even a hint of where I should go. Can someone please link me to the thread that talks about fixing things like Kylo's hood? I have vision problems and don't always catch everything. Thanks!

GNT
11-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Okay my posts have been removed without even a hint of where I should go. Can someone please link me to the thread that talks about fixing things like Kylo's hood? I have vision problems and don't always catch everything. Thanks!

6" Kylo Ren (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1116370/)

User897
11-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks!!!!

darth_sidious
12-08-2015, 09:41 PM
This figure is in stock at HTS, they have a code "HOLIDAYFF" that gives you 25% off and free shipping - even if you don't need it yourself, you can pick one up for Toys for Tots, that's what I did since they're so hard to find a retail.