PDA

View Full Version : R2-D2 and C-3PO

GNT
04-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Here's the new picture of the Ep7 C-3PO and R2:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4455/STAR-WARS-TFA-3_75IN-Figure-2-Pack_R2D2-C3PO_zpsvn7pjjwj.jpg

Who's going to purchase this pack of two figures?

Spookymufu
04-17-2015, 09:03 AM
or do you think we'll just see the older version again?

this.......

GNT
04-17-2015, 06:57 PM
Not really much is known about what everyone's favourite golden droid is up to in The Force Awakens but he should be a safe bet for release in the first 3 or 4 waves, please use this thread to discuss possible figures in 3" or 6" scale as I'm sure we'll be seeing more details in the next few months.

Who's up for a new C-3PO figure?

Droidworld
04-20-2015, 02:46 PM
This is an opportunity to make a properly scaled Astromech sculpt in the 6" scale.

MartyMcFett
04-20-2015, 02:49 PM
How much screentime is R2 even gonna get?
I have a feeling he won't be in the movie much at all. BB-8 is the new droid on the block.

Deathbymonkeys
04-20-2015, 05:44 PM
How much screentime is R2 even gonna get?
I have a feeling he won't be in the movie much at all. BB-8 is the new droid on the block.

I get the feeling him and Threepio will be less than 10 minutes or so. Which makes me sad. R2 and threepio were always through the story on purpose and they should continue to be in the main saga. But instead we get this new horror of a droid.

Droidworld
04-20-2015, 10:45 PM
I get the feeling him and Threepio will be less than 10 minutes or so. Which makes me sad. R2 and threepio were always through the story on purpose and they should continue to be in the main saga. But instead we get this new horror of a droid.

The Droids are the story tellers of this saga, so wherever most of the action is, a droid is never far. Luke will have Artoo. Leia will have Threepio, and BB-8 will be watching the younger cast. So yes, the older cast and droids will get less screen time, but quantity is not always quality. Though I'm liking what I see with the BeachBall.

Maverick10126
04-21-2015, 12:23 PM
The Droids are the story tellers of this saga, so wherever most of the action is, a droid is never far. Luke will have Artoo. Leia will have Threepio, and BB-8 will be watching the younger cast. So yes, the older cast and droids will get less screen time, but quantity is not always quality. Though I'm liking what I see with the BeachBall.

The idea of the droids being the storytellers of Saga is one of my complaints about the PT. Their inclusion felt forced. They didn't fit in naturally. Especially Threepio.

The idea of the story told from their view was an idea left over from ANH that kinda worked in ESB and ROTJ but by the time the prequels rolled around it was too much of a stretch. They were really only the story tellers in ANH as Lucas was mimicking Hidden Fortress.

I still don't get why the Lars family let Anakin and Padme take Threepio off the farm, or why Anakin and Padme would even want to take Threepio. Forced inclusion.

Droidworld
04-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Not just the hero droids. There are droids and computers everywhere watching the humans. But explaining how the matrix of artificial intelligence is recording the movements of the saga would be a bit convoluted. Having focal point story tellers, while forced, is a plot device, however strained, that will no doubt be used in TFA. We just have a new robot, that's all.

Maverick10126
04-21-2015, 01:27 PM
I think your over thinking the droids a bit there. The droids were a gimmick in ANH, a funny way to tell the story. And only that story. They were not the story tellers in the other movies in near the same way. They could have just as easily been two diplomats caught up in an adventure they didn't understand. :)

bigbarada
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
The idea of the droids being the storytellers of Saga is one of my complaints about the PT. Their inclusion felt forced. They didn't fit in naturally. Especially Threepio.

I agree wholeheartedly, Threepio and Artoo were only included in the Prequels for brand recognition, not story necessity.

But then again, why did they take Threepio along on Endor? Especially since it was a covert mission and it's kind of hard to hide in the forest when you're accompanied by a shiny gold droid that knows nothing of stealth. The only reason Threepio was on Endor was to act as translator for the Ewoks, but none of the characters in the movie would have known that he was needed for that purpose before actually going to Endor.

Anyways, I always thought that Artoo's role in the Prequels would have been better filled by R5-D4. This way, when R5 burns out in ANH, the audience will have some insight into why that droid is so used up and it would act as a "passing of the torch" from one generation of droids to the next.

C-3PO served no purpose in the Prequels. He could have first appeared in ROTS as Padme's personal assistant and nothing in the story would have changed significantly. Other than the fact that we would have been spared from having to sit through the droid factory scene in AOTC as well as that nonsense about Threepio being built by Anakin.

Maverick10126
04-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Indeed, Threepio's usefulness ran out part way through Jedi. At that point it he was just brought along because he's part of the gang. The other thing that bugged me about the droids in the PT is their ownership. It's very loose. Who owns these droids again??

In Episode I, R2 is owned by Padme, fine I buy it. Threepio is owned by Anakin's mom apparently. Because Shmi takes part in a lot of high level negotiations with other cultures apparently.

Episode 2, R2 is still with Padme, okay fine. Threepio is still on Tatooine. Okay. Then Threepio follows Anakin and Padme off of Tatooine? Why? Wouldn't the Lars family be pissed about the droid that was just stolen off of their farm? Isn't the harvest right around the corner??

Episode 3, Padme keeps her stolen Threepio droid. Does she give Anakin R2? Yes, they are married but it's supposed to be a secret. So how does Anakin keep the secret. He sleeps with Padme and uses her droid on missions.

Then Padme dies and they just pick out a random dude in the hallway to become the new owners. Captain Antilles, you'll do. These droids are yours now.

Very weird.

Trooper31
04-24-2015, 05:14 AM
The use of the droids in the PT was rather odd. Having Anakin build 3PO was really forced and showed that they had no clue what to do with him. It would have been interesting if R2 and 3 PO would have been a pair that just came into conact with the mains for a few short Scenes in TPM. They could have played the same roll in AOTC, but they go along with the mains, and then they could have worked for Padme in ROTS.

I think the films, books, Cartoons, etc all work better when the droids are together.

I thought I read somewhere, maybe in the film book for ROTJ, that the Rebels were hoping to meet up with the natives on Endor and try to get them to cooperate with the Empire and that's why they needed 3PO, but maybe that's from another source. Also, taking R2 to a wooded planet doesn't seem like a good idea either, right?

Maverick10126
04-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Their usefulness ran out after Jabba's palace in ROTJ. R2 and Threepio should have made the hero's sacrifice and stayed behind ensuring everyone else escaped. I love those two guys as much as anyone, but their story was done.

*runs as angry mob forms*

Masterfett
04-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Well, even so... That wouldn't have prevented them from appearing in the Prequels. lol ^

Maverick10126
04-24-2015, 10:53 AM
True, but perhaps there wouldn't be that urge to force them into the prequels?

They made it feel like there were about 20 people in the entire galaxy. It's like those movies where two people meet randomly and spend the rest of the movie just narrowly missing another bump in. What a coincidence!

I still can't believe they put Chewie in ROTS. I was just waiting for a 10yo Han Solo running around with Lando.

my_kind_of_scum
05-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Looks like 3po may have a different colored limb according to the new leaked images... Jedi News - Latest: Jedi News Photos Of Some The Force Awakens Products (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=21655) At least it will make for a slightly different figure.

GNT
05-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Something different, he did have a different lower leg in the OT, possibly his ATM rusted away or was replaced at least in one of the pictures. Either way neat.

Internets
05-01-2015, 04:50 PM
I don't think so. I think that one image is just a weird lighting effect.

Droidworld
05-01-2015, 05:28 PM
He started as a skeleton in Ep. 1, scrap metal coverings in AOTC, at his golden Zenith at the fall of the Republic in ROTS, and slowly goes back to a hodge podge in the OT.

Lucas intentionally gave him an Art Deco look in ANH, to give him the feeling of a bygone era.

Makes sense that that after so many years, parts for his make and model become harder and harder to come by. I'm sure we will see what the newest protocol droids look like at some point in the new movies.

Droidworld
05-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Who's up for a new C-3PO figure?

Definately up for an all new Threepio sculpt. Maybe this time they will get it right!

setforstun
05-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Well I really hope we see these two used to better potential than the prequels did. I get a new droid might take their spot, but they could all just work off each other.

GNT
05-07-2015, 08:24 AM
I still can't believe they put Chewie in ROTS. I was just waiting for a 10yo Han Solo running around with Lando.

A young Han Solo was going to appear in ROTS but it did get canned, I think production art is all that exists of it now.

MartyMcFett
05-07-2015, 12:56 PM
I can't imagine a new Artoo figure to look any different than the hundreds of other Artoo figures we've seen over the past 35 years. Sure his action figure has improved since the Kenner version. But can it really get any better from the ones we've seen over the past 10 years?
Granted I'll still buy one, but that's because I'm a completionist. But he's bottom of my list in terms of my priority or excitement.
I love Artoo, but I'm kinda burnt out of him(and Threepio). On the other hand, I'm most excited to see and to buy BB-8. :)

Maverick10126
05-08-2015, 08:41 AM
A young Han Solo was going to appear in ROTS but it did get canned, I think production art is all that exists of it now.

There are no words... at least none that wont get censored. Just wow...

DarkArtist
05-08-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm sure we'll see both a 3.75 and 6" version of R2 and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a larger version to go along with the Jakks line as well. R2 will always be available in the Hasbro SW universe...

I'm more curious as to how BB-8 is going to be handled..... I'm hoping that it will not be a disaster like the recent Chopper issue with SW Rebels. I want a 3.75" and a 6" version of BB-8..that droid is awesome.

I'm planning on building a mini army of BB-8's if possible and customizing them to look like the world cup soccer ***** since most people referred to him as the Soccer Ball droid until we learned it's name.

Nicadraus
05-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Indeed, Threepio's usefulness ran out part way through Jedi. At that point it he was just brought along because he's part of the gang. The other thing that bugged me about the droids in the PT is their ownership. It's very loose. Who owns these droids again??

In Episode I, R2 is owned by Padme, fine I buy it. Threepio is owned by Anakin's mom apparently. Because Shmi takes part in a lot of high level negotiations with other cultures apparently.

Episode 2, R2 is still with Padme, okay fine. Threepio is still on Tatooine. Okay. Then Threepio follows Anakin and Padme off of Tatooine? Why? Wouldn't the Lars family be pissed about the droid that was just stolen off of their farm? Isn't the harvest right around the corner??

Episode 3, Padme keeps her stolen Threepio droid. Does she give Anakin R2? Yes, they are married but it's supposed to be a secret. So how does Anakin keep the secret. He sleeps with Padme and uses her droid on missions.

Then Padme dies and they just pick out a random dude in the hallway to become the new owners. Captain Antilles, you'll do. These droids are yours now.

Very weird.

And when they were sold to Luke/Owen Lars at the ANH, they seem not to remember anything. Were they reset to zero memory when Captain Antilles took possesion of them?

Even Obi Wan didn't remember the droids when he first saw them in ANH. Why? He went to many battles and adventures with them.

Really confusing...

Droidworld
05-11-2015, 12:43 PM
And when they were sold to Luke/Owen Lars at the ANH, they seem not to remember anything. Were they reset to zero memory when Captain Antilles took possesion of them?

Even Obi Wan didn't remember the droids when he first saw them in ANH. Why? He went to many battles and adventures with them.

Really confusing...

Artoo can keep a secret, or doesn't give a "beep". And droids are a dime a dozen, with different plating and changing patterns in the SW Universe.

DarkArtist
05-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Well Threepio has his mind wiped at the end of ROTS so therefore he would have no knowledge of any of the events that happened previous to the mind wipe. R2 was saved from the mind wipe.

(also in the Radio Drama both C-3PO and R2 are given a command control instruction to protect all identity of Leia.)

Padme gives Anakin R2 during the Clone Wars as a gift.

I'm sure there are plenty of versions of R2 units as well as protocol units throughout the galaxy so therefore it is quite possible that Obi Wan would not recognize them right away. also Obi Wan is confused when Luke tells him that R2 was owned by an Obi Wan Kenobi. even Obi Wan states that he has never owned a droid.

since R2 and C-3PO were both aboard the Tantive IV and present during the events of Padme giving birth to the twins and her death I'm guessing that Bail, Obi Wan and Yoda decided that it was best for Bail to keep both of the droids to protect Luke and Leia from the Emperor and Vader hence the mind wipe.

Maverick10126
05-11-2015, 03:20 PM
R2 is waaaay to memorable for Obi-wan to have forgotten him. Did way too many crazy things in their adventures. Not only that, but as soon as R2 drops the name "Obi-wan" that should have been a clue. I would start thinking about all the things I did as Obi-wan and what droids might know me as that. Hmmm, blue plated droid, Obi-wan...can it be? My old friend R2-D2?? It certainly isn't the droid that I for all intents OWNED, R4!

Ok, so Obi-wan doesn't recognize them. Fine. They look common enough. Wait, according to R2's message these droids are mixed up with my old friend Bail. Didn't we unload those droids on Bail last time we were all together. This must be the R2-D2 I know! Nah, it's easier to pretend I know nothing about droids at all.

"You know I think those two droids might have been stolen."
"Yeah, that Threepio unit was stolen from me over 20 years ago! You're father hopped in his ship and took off with him. It killed our harvest that year. I started bouncing checks. The banks seized my assets and I had to declare bankruptcy. I'm just now starting to recover and I've finally saved up enough money to send you to the academy. So, if you complain about how long it has taken to send you to the academy try to remember how your father screwed us."

Nicadraus
05-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Well Threepio has his mind wiped at the end of ROTS so therefore he would have no knowledge of any of the events that happened previous to the mind wipe. R2 was saved from the mind wipe.

(also in the Radio Drama both C-3PO and R2 are given a command control instruction to protect all identity of Leia.)

Padme gives Anakin R2 during the Clone Wars as a gift.

I'm sure there are plenty of versions of R2 units as well as protocol units throughout the galaxy so therefore it is quite possible that Obi Wan would not recognize them right away. also Obi Wan is confused when Luke tells him that R2 was owned by an Obi Wan Kenobi. even Obi Wan states that he has never owned a droid.

since R2 and C-3PO were both aboard the Tantive IV and present during the events of Padme giving birth to the twins and her death I'm guessing that Bail, Obi Wan and Yoda decided that it was best for Bail to keep both of the droids to protect Luke and Leia from the Emperor and Vader hence the mind wipe.

Same thoughts here.

Nicadraus
05-11-2015, 09:29 PM
^^^Oops! Wrong quote there...

I ws suppose to give my reply on this message instead.

R2 is waaaay to memorable for Obi-wan to have forgotten him. Did way too many crazy things in their adventures. Not only that, but as soon as R2 drops the name "Obi-wan" that should have been a clue. I would start thinking about all the things I did as Obi-wan and what droids might know me as that. Hmmm, blue plated droid, Obi-wan...can it be? My old friend R2-D2?? It certainly isn't the droid that I for all intents OWNED, R4!

Ok, so Obi-wan doesn't recognize them. Fine. They look common enough. Wait, according to R2's message these droids are mixed up with my old friend Bail. Didn't we unload those droids on Bail last time we were all together. This must be the R2-D2 I know! Nah, it's easier to pretend I know nothing about droids at all.

"You know I think those two droids might have been stolen."
"Yeah, that Threepio unit was stolen from me over 20 years ago! You're father hopped in his ship and took off with him. It killed our harvest that year. I started bouncing checks. The banks seized my assets and I had to declare bankruptcy. I'm just now starting to recover and I've finally saved up enough money to send you to the academy. So, if you complain about how long it has taken to send you to the academy try to remember how your father screwed us."

Same thoughts here. Fixed! ;)

Rogue1969
05-12-2015, 05:04 PM
"You know I think those two droids might have been stolen.""Yeah, that Threepio unit was stolen from me over 20 years ago! You're father hopped in his ship and took off with him. It killed our harvest that year. I started bouncing checks. The banks seized my assets and I had to declare bankruptcy. I'm just now starting to recover and I've finally saved up enough money to send you to the academy. So, if you complain about how long it has taken to send you to the academy try to remember how your father screwed us."THAT is classic.

GNT
08-20-2015, 05:52 PM
New loose picture:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4455/STAR-WARS-TFA-3_75IN-Figure-2-Pack_R2D2-C3PO_zpsvn7pjjwj.jpg

Batman
08-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Those electro bolt launchers for R2 - Straight to Nopelandia!

deskvader1
08-20-2015, 06:26 PM
I have so many of these two droids they will probably be at the bottom of the list for purchases

my_kind_of_scum
08-20-2015, 06:31 PM
I'll be painting the arm of one of my existing SA threepios. This is just a horridly lazy release.

EddieU
08-20-2015, 06:51 PM
I'll be painting the arm of one of my existing SA threepios. This is just a horridly lazy release.

It is, especially since you can't even make that Threepio sit without mangling the leg sculpt near the hip joint...I'd love to be wrong if they retooled it, but not counting on it.

Oh well, at least Artoo can finally start that arms race with POTF2 R5-D4.

TK_842
08-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Painting may not even be necessary. Just dig out one of those old BAD parts and kit bash your own TFA 3PO.

JACKOFTRADZE
08-20-2015, 10:25 PM
I have a feeling C3P0 in the movie will use that new arm as a weapon. Some hidden blaster or something with upgraded tech. There has to be a reason for not painting it.

macross7
08-21-2015, 01:06 AM
I'm getting this since I have a R2 & C-3PO focus.

K_M_Toydarian
08-21-2015, 01:55 AM
R2 looks like he comes with an old school boom box!

JediDelight
08-21-2015, 03:15 AM
It is, especially since you can't even make that Threepio sit without mangling the leg sculpt near the hip joint...I'd love to be wrong if they retooled it, but not counting on it.

Oh well, at least Artoo can finally start that arms race with POTF2 R5-D4.

The wires on 3POs midsection look retooled. Who knows. Maybe other parts are as well.

LadyFerry
08-21-2015, 05:57 AM
The wires on 3POs midsection look retooled. Who knows. Maybe other parts are as well.

Are you sure they're not painted differently?

LadyFerry
08-21-2015, 06:00 AM

Actually after checking I think you are right:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4455/STAR-WARS-TFA-3_75IN-Figure-2-Pack_R2D2-C3PO_zpsvn7pjjwj.jpghttps://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/2959276.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

DarthMickeyMoose
08-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Not much to like!

Utinniii
08-21-2015, 09:08 AM
SPOILER! C3PO has the red arm to show his victory over Bad Robot in a Cage Battlebot Deathmatch!:P

Droidworld
08-21-2015, 12:59 PM
New wires, red arm, and a lazy eye.

MartyMcFett
08-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Those electro bolt launchers for R2 - Straight to Nopelandia!

Are those things even gonna be in the movie? This could be a huge spoiler. OR it could be another lame gimmick.

TK_842
08-21-2015, 01:36 PM
Are those things even gonna be in the movie? This could be a huge spoiler. OR it could be another lame gimmick.

My money is on the latter.

TatooineSandworm
08-21-2015, 02:26 PM

There is a simple answer to your question. Now that you have seen those stupid electricity "launcher" attachments, is the movie spoiled for you? A true spoiler, would be revealing the Vader/Luke twist before seeing the movie.

The answer to your question, is LAME GIMMICK.

WWEJedi
08-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Might swap the arm to another 3PO. I need a pair for each movie shelf I have.

mattmanw54301
08-22-2015, 12:57 AM
I think the red arm is a nod to Chappie. Simon Kinberg worked on both films. Anywho, this pack, the BB-8 pack, and the Vader/ahsoka pack are the only mission series ones I am getting.

mattmanw54301
08-22-2015, 12:58 AM
UN-EDIT: My mistake, he worked on Rebels. But still, I would love to see Chappie in the background of one scene. Maybe in a Jawa sandcrawler?

Julythrunov
08-22-2015, 05:49 AM

Yea I was wondering the same thing about the nerf launcher on the new millennium falcon. If the falcon launches nerf darts in the movie, that toy could be a pretty big spoiler.

DarthMickeyMoose
08-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Mine too! A Million!

my_kind_of_scum
08-26-2015, 11:11 AM
Disappointed with Hasbro's version, I banged out my own TFA 3po last night. This is the current Black Series 3po with one ten minute coat of paint (You can see it needs a second coat/detailing still) - hardly any work at all, yet I'm much happier with it than with Hasbro's take...
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/sithewok/IMG_0134_zpsexgseecw.jpg (http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/sithewok/media/IMG_0134_zpsexgseecw.jpg.html)
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/sithewok/IMG_0135_zpstsdynu2y.jpg (http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/sithewok/media/IMG_0135_zpstsdynu2y.jpg.html)
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/sithewok/IMG_0137_zpsanmnzgbw.jpg (http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/sithewok/media/IMG_0137_zpsanmnzgbw.jpg.html)

(Paint = Tamiya Gold Leaf on body. Arm is a custom mix of Tamiya Red and Tamiya Hull Red.)

EddieU
08-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Disappointed with Hasbro's version, I banged out my own TFA 3po last night. This is the current Black Series 3po with one ten minute coat of paint (You can see it needs a second coat/detailing still) - hardly any work at all, yet I'm much happier with it than with Hasbro's take...
(Paint = Tamiya Gold Leaf on body. Arm is a custom mix of Tamiya Red and Tamiya Hull Red.)

That looks great so far, MKoS!

John32
08-27-2015, 12:29 AM
C3PO, belonged to Anakin. He built him. Yes to help his Mom but when his Mom died 3PO was Anakin not the Lars families droid. Why do you think he kept Baba Feet from shooting at 3PO in Empire? Now for Anakin and Obi Wan to be using R2 did seem a little weird.

Trooper31
08-27-2015, 08:55 AM
I have a feeling C3P0 in the movie will use that new arm as a weapon. Some hidden blaster or something with upgraded tech. There has to be a reason for not painting it.

If that Comes to pass, then Hasbro really had some deep involvement in this film.

Julythrunov
09-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Just for ***** and giggles

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/image5629.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/image5629.jpg)

TK_842
09-02-2015, 08:37 PM
That's a custom right? Can't be part of the new line.

Julythrunov
09-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Yes custom

Maverick10126
09-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Except that's exactly what the new threepio is like. Same ms threepio with a painted arm.

Miserabelle
09-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Has anyone opened this set yet? I'm curious how much the C3PO figure has been re-sculpted and if he can sit.

deskvader1
09-13-2015, 04:00 PM
I may end up takings this back. I have a c3po met vac and r2 is the same from rebels I believe. If I just need a red arm I'll paint it lol.

darth_dp
09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Has anyone opened this set yet? I'm curious how much the C3PO figure has been re-sculpted and if he can sit.

Unfortunately, he doesn't really sit much at all. That's as far forward as his legs go.

http://i.imgur.com/O1y1HdX.jpg

Maverick10126
09-13-2015, 11:31 PM
I may end up takings this back. I have a c3po met vac and r2 is the same from rebels I believe. If I just need a red arm I'll paint it lol.

R2 looks to be the same from the threepio R2 mission series. The saga legends from that goofy Vader packaging. It's all a straight repack just with a newly painted threepio. Same molds.

Miserabelle
09-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Unfortunately, he doesn't really sit much at all. That's as far forward as his legs go.

That's a little disappointing, I had hoped they had fixed. Thank you for the info.

EddieU
09-13-2015, 11:56 PM

That's a little disappointing, I had hoped they had fixed. Thank you for the info.

Yeah, what a bummer. I ended up getting one of those digital 4-packs with Threepio pretty cheaply, and he's my standing "nice" version...The MS Threepio is my "designated sitter", because I tried to bend his legs when I first got him, and learned the hard way that he wasn't designed to sit. :\

mattmanw54301
09-14-2015, 12:55 AM
I had to get the new pack, because Malibu Stacy has a new hat...I mean, 3po has a red arm!!!! Should be here by the end of the week.

Maverick10126
09-14-2015, 01:37 AM
You could probably take a small slice out of his pelvis to correct the sitting problem.

Miserabelle
09-14-2015, 11:43 PM
I found one at Target tonight and was able to compare 3PO side by side to the Mission Series version.

The torso is actually a new sculpt. The easiest difference to spot is the wiring around his waist front and back is a different pattern. The circle pattern around his abdomen is also different. It has more circles and they are very close together. The pattern sort looks like vinyl record grooves. On his back, the control box pattern is even different. lastly, they did re-sculpt the hip area. If you look at the MS 3PO from the side where the leg meets the torso, the hip is cut almost straight across. On the Force Awakens 3PO it's a half circle and cut much higher.

The figure still can't really sit. But it can lean forward much further than the MS 3PO which can barely move at the hips.

Cramer
09-16-2015, 11:24 PM
I found one at Target tonight and was able to compare 3PO side by side to the Mission Series version.

The torso is actually a new sculpt. The easiest difference to spot is the wiring around his waist front and back is a different pattern. The circle pattern around his abdomen is also different. It has more circles and they are very close together. The pattern sort looks like vinyl record grooves. On his back, the control box pattern is even different. lastly, they did re-sculpt the hip area. If you look at the MS 3PO from the side where the leg meets the torso, the hip is cut almost straight across. On the Force Awakens 3PO it's a half circle and cut much higher.

The figure still can't really sit. But it can lean forward much further than the MS 3PO which can barely move at the hips.

You in US?

JVM
09-21-2015, 09:33 PM
If I saw this on sale, I might grab it on an impulse buy, but mostly unimpressed - I'm probably one of the bigger fans of C-3PO out there, and he's not a character who needed to be changed cosmetically, and I don't think anyone's expecting his red arm to be the deus ex machina of TFA. The fact they got rid of the silver leg too is a bummer, since that was one of my favorite bits.

GNT
09-22-2015, 06:03 AM
The movie is set 30 years after ROTJ, wear and tear is bound to happen in that time. We're lucky he isn't missing/replaced more pieces.

Maverick10126
09-22-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm surprised no one has a can of spraypaint in Star Wars. Ok, so he needed a new arm, fine. No one has a can of gold spraypaint to at least kind of fake it. Yeah, it wouldn't match but it'd be closer. The silver leg was nice and subtle. It always felt like the gold had just been badly weathered and turned silver. Much like the vac-metal Threepio figures.

What would have helped this set more for me is if R2 had been retooled into a 3rd leg version. I like the size of the Mission Series R2. He's much more accurate in scale, but I'd like a 3rd leg version like the old Tatooine Mission R2.

OneWithForce
09-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Picked up this set today and actually don't have any problem with it. Keeping it in the box and looks good on the shelf with the other TFA figures.

Cramer
09-23-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm surprised no one has a can of spraypaint in Star Wars. Ok, so he needed a new arm, fine. No one has a can of gold spraypaint to at least kind of fake it. Yeah, it wouldn't match but it'd be closer. The silver leg was nice and subtle. It always felt like the gold had just been badly weathered and turned silver. Much like the vac-metal Threepio figures.

Its like Rebels show using small wing TIEs and transports based on toys. It's all to sell more toys.

ZombieTed
09-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Its like Rebels show using small wing TIEs and transports based on toys. It's all to sell more toys.

Or maybe the guys working on the show just wanted to include the toys they played with as kids. If it was really "to sell more toys" wouldn't we have seen a Rebels TIE Fighter and/or a rerelease of the Troop Transport?

PotatoFighter
09-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Or maybe the guys working on the show just wanted to include the toys they played with as kids. If it was really "to sell more toys" wouldn't we have seen a Rebels TIE Fighter and/or a rerelease of the Troop Transport?

I would literally jump all the way through the store if they re-released the troop transport from the ESB line.

Montross
10-05-2015, 03:41 PM
In stock on Amazon, $14.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-3-75-Inch-Mission/dp/B00SD8IOOK/ref=pd_sbs_21_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FMS3K7CJNHFN3YC8GZD&dpID=41vGH73TmPL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

Zuvio
10-21-2015, 12:20 PM
This is one of my favorite buys. I'm impressed with this one. Staying in the box they will. The dynamic duo are back in action. Nice dual figure pack, and personally, loving the red makeshift arm, can't wait to see C3 in the new movie.

R5_D4
10-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Found these online and purchased! These are in stock and ready to ship at toysrus.com. Free shipping for orders over $19.

Kylomylo
11-06-2015, 01:37 PM
I bought R2 & 3PO. Didn't mean to, long story

Lak_Sivrak
11-06-2015, 01:40 PM
I bought R2 & 3PO. Didn't mean to, long story
This is the internet; we have time. Tell it!

Kylomylo
11-06-2015, 01:52 PM
This is the internet; we have time. Tell it!

No big deal. For some odd reason Argos have many of their figures labelled under the same code. I typed code for what i thought was BB-8, Unkar Thug & Jakku Scavenger but they gave me Obi Wan 2 pack. I asked to change and all they had was 3PO/R2. Since it was a 3 for 2 deal I went with it. was buying Elite Speeder Bike with Stormtrooper, Black Series 6" Destiny pack and, well 3P0.

joshuaizzo
11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
I wasn't really a fan of the 2-pack, so I went and found some suitable replacements. With some slight custom work, I think these will serve nicely as my E7 droids!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/gntlmn1220/003_zpsycc37pp4.jpg

Lak_Sivrak
11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
I wasn't really a fan of the 2-pack, so I went and found some suitable replacements. With some slight custom work, I think these will serve nicely as my E7 droids!

That 3PO is missing the silver leg. What line is it from?

TatooineSandworm
11-06-2015, 03:34 PM
That 3PO is missing the silver leg. What line is it from?

ROTS
Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0518c-3po.asp)

Lak_Sivrak
11-06-2015, 03:42 PM
ROTS
Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0518c-3po.asp)

Thanks! Wasn't collecting then! Explains why I missed that.

konas2002
11-11-2015, 09:45 AM

That looks great!

Lak_Sivrak
11-11-2015, 01:11 PM
I just noticed, too, that the new C-3PO doesn't have the silver leg. So he's had more upgrades than the red arm in the last 30 years.

joshuaizzo
11-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks all! The Hasbro 2-pack felt cheap, you know? I was looking for a chrome-y, old school 3P0!

Zuvio
11-21-2015, 07:23 AM
Thanks all! The Hasbro 2-pack felt cheap, you know? I was looking for a chrome-y, old school 3P0!

Well yeah, nice job.
But i have to ask, how is it that an individual can do a better job than a multi-million dollar company who's supposed to be doing due diligence and honouring the movie franchise??? Something's fishy here. Seriously, can we start our own company and get this done, limited-run highly detailed versions of these. Instant rarity, high-caliber supreme action figurines. I better go lie down... okay, yep, i'm gone.

Maverick10126
11-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Well yeah, nice job.
But i have to ask, how is it that an individual can do a better job than a multi-million dollar company who's supposed to be doing due diligence and honouring the movie franchise??? Something's fishy here. Seriously, can we start our own company and get this done, limited-run highly detailed versions of these. Instant rarity, high-caliber supreme action figurines. I better go lie down... okay, yep, i'm gone.

An individual didn't do better than Hasbro as his custom is a simple repaint of an already existing Hasbro figure...

So to answer your question about producing this threepio in a limited run. That pesky copyright on his leg will be a big hurdle.

That and the fact that this threepio is easy/cheap to get. It's an easy (but effective) mod for anyone to do themselves so the whole rarity thing is a non-issue.

And when did Hasbro say they made figures to honor the movies??

Lak_Sivrak
11-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Target in Garland, TX has PZ, Hux, Asty, Snowtrooper, Sarco, Wave 2 Kylo and FO Stormtrooper, BB-8 3-pack, and R2/3PO 2-pack.
N. Garland Ave off of 190 for anyone in the Dallas area. I have all of those so I didn't buy any. They're all still there as of right now.

Julythrunov
11-29-2015, 10:02 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/image288.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/image288.jpeg)

Slowly building a super articulated adult collector main character collection. I have:

SA Kylo Ren (Walmart black series)
SA Storm trooper (Walmart black series)
SA C 3po(custom)
Rectangle legacy millennium falcon dish(in the mail via shape ways)
R2 D2(vintage collection R2 D2, no change to character)

There is hope after all

lordtyrannus
11-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Slowly building a super articulated adult collector main character collection. I have: SA Kylo Ren (Walmart black series) SA Storm trooper (Walmart black series) SA C 3po(custom) Rectangle legacy millennium falcon dish(in the mail via shape ways) R2 D2(vintage collection R2 D2, no change to character) There is hope after all

Very nice. I think with upcoming Wave 3 SA Rey, Finn, Poe, and (from the leaked URL list) Wave 4 SA Phasma, I'd say you'll finally have a nice SA main cast collection. I'd think the big 3 returning characters will be good candidates as well if the 3.75" TBS line continues beyond wave 4.

On a side note, what type of gold paint did you use on 3PO's leg?

Zuvio
12-09-2015, 06:25 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/image288.jpeg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/image288.jpeg)

Slowly building a super articulated adult collector main character collection. I have:

SA Kylo Ren (Walmart black series)
SA Storm trooper (Walmart black series)
SA C 3po(custom)
Rectangle legacy millennium falcon dish(in the mail via shape ways)
R2 D2(vintage collection R2 D2, no change to character)

There is hope after all

That photo shows me why SA is so good. That's a spitting image of a C3 pose from the movies. Nice work! You've just introduced me to why SA is the standard and a must have. Damn, just another thing to exacerbate my OCD:grin::wtf:

Darth_Sceptaurus
01-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Bought this one on evilbay (yeah, I know). I passed it up the one time I saw it in stores and decided it was a must-have. Not until I opened it up did I realize how tiny Threepio is compared to the other 3.75 figures. Anyway, I had actually purchased this directly from Hasbro's ebay store. So I sent them a message addressing it (not that I expect a response) and since no one had left a review for the figure yet, I was able to write a review, in which I addressed the dull gold paint job and the poor scale. I will probably give them negative feedback, as well, though since they are a power seller it is making me wait until 7 days after purchase to do so. Even if it doesn't make much of a difference, at least this may be one way we can force Hasbro to acknowledge our issues with their quality.

JloganoBoba22
01-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Bought this one on evilbay (yeah, I know). I passed it up the one time I saw it in stores and decided it was a must-have. Not until I opened it up did I realize how tiny Threepio is compared to the other 3.75 figures. Anyway, I had actually purchased this directly from Hasbro's ebay store. So I sent them a message addressing it (not that I expect a response) and since no one had left a review for the figure yet, I was able to write a review, in which I addressed the dull gold paint job and the poor scale. I will probably give them negative feedback, as well, though since they are a power seller it is making me wait until 7 days after purchase to do so. Even if it doesn't make much of a difference, at least this may be one way we can force Hasbro to acknowledge our issues with their quality.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/f6796b31e7dc63d2ecdcd74cd410979d.jpg

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Darth_Sceptaurus
01-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Damn right. B)

C3PU
01-09-2016, 06:37 AM
I saw the R2D2 and C3P0 2 pack in stores and passed on it. I was really annoyed because those 2 are always my favorite figures to get when a new STAR WARS movie comes out. My first figures in 1978 were those 2 so they are special to me.
I thought in person they would look better than in the photos, but I was wrong. The both look cheap and the paint is flat. Not only are the sculpts bad, but there is no metallic paint. All I had to do was go home and look at the ROTS R2D2 and C3P0 to see the last time those 2 figures were done correctly.

phasmasboytoy
01-09-2016, 09:55 AM
I saw the R2D2 and C3P0 2 pack in stores and passed on it. I was really annoyed because those 2 are always my favorite figures to get when a new STAR WARS movie comes out. My first figures in 1978 were those 2 so they are special to me.
I thought in person they would look better than in the photos, but I was wrong. The both look cheap and the paint is flat. Not only are the sculpts bad, but there is no metallic paint. All I had to do was go home and look at the ROTS R2D2 and C3P0 to see the last time those 2 figures were done correctly.

They had been sitting at my LCS at a very low price for ages and I passed on them for those very same reasons.

Idpullthecurtain
01-09-2016, 10:13 AM
I do want a TFA C3-P0, but the red arm seems so stupid now. It seemingly only happened for one quick gag with Han, and then it's fixed. Doesn't really seem worth it.

tauntaunweequay
01-09-2016, 10:17 AM
I would return the item if you're unhappy with it. I'm certainly no Hasbro apologist, but leaving negative feedback on eBay should be based on incorrect item description, slow shipping times, bad communication, shipping figures in bubble mailer. ect, not you disliking a product that you've seen multiple images of beforehand. That's like sending hate mail to Sunshine cause you got a stale box of cheese its. I'd just ask for a refund first. Then send hate mail if they refuse lol :P

Sith_Dreamer
01-09-2016, 11:19 AM
I do want a TFA C3-P0, but the red arm seems so stupid now. It seemingly only happened for one quick gag with Han, and then it's fixed. Doesn't really seem worth it.

Seems kind of a running trend with TFA figures.

Ello Asty- on screen for 3 seconds, then dies. Although there is a continuity error/ second Abnedo pilot in the final Resistance scene.
C-3PO - Has red arm for most of his small screen time, but gets it replaced by the time the film is over.
Constable Zuvio - aka Sir-Not-Appearing-in-this-Film.
PZ-4CO and Goss - Hey look, there they are! Oh.....that was it?

Idpullthecurtain
01-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Seems kind of a running trend with TFA figures.

Ello Asty- on screen for 3 seconds, then dies. Although there is a continuity error/ second Abnedo pilot in the final Resistance scene.
C-3PO - Has red arm for most of his small screen time, but gets it replaced by the time the film is over.
Constable Zuvio - aka Sir-Not-Appearing-in-this-Film.
PZ-4CO and Goss - Hey look, there they are! Oh.....that was it?

yeah. Although I have no problem with Asty and PZ. They are clearly visible onscreen. And even if they were less obvious, memorable SW figures are often very obscure onscreen.

JloganoBoba22
01-09-2016, 12:40 PM

And now even the damn black series figure has it

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Zuvio
01-11-2016, 12:22 AM
But one would have to admit that the red arm of C3 is pretty unique. If we don't ever see it again in a Star Wars movie then the figure will be cherished in the future i reckon.

DarthPete
01-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I was looking at this pack in a store yesterday, I've never really paid it much mind before. Non vac 3PO's kind of bore me, and I have no shortage of R2's. But looking at it closer... does 3PO look kind of... chubby around the middle to anyone else?

Billy_Ray
01-11-2016, 09:58 AM
He actually looks kind of chubby in the middle in the film as well. Someone mentioned it on SSF in the 3-P0 thread and when I saw the film for the second time yesterday I saw what they were talking about. It's like they widened the torso on the costume or something.

Lak_Sivrak
01-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Anybody else notice that 3PO's red arm seems to mysteriously vanish and is replaced by a gold arm for the ending sequence? When Rey and Chewie are flying off to find Luke, and everyone is waving, C-3PO is waving with 2 gold arms (or that's at least how it looked to me).

Sith_Dreamer
01-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Anybody else notice that 3PO's red arm seems to mysteriously vanish and is replaced by a gold arm for the ending sequence? When Rey and Chewie are flying off to find Luke, and everyone is waving, C-3PO is waving with 2 gold arms (or that's at least how it looked to me).

He says he needs to get it replaced, and after that I guess he does. Feels like that Disney "synergy" at work, aka "Hey JJ, can C3PO have a red arm? Maybe mention it for no reason in particular?" and then we get the comic that explains the arm, and the toy and promotion of the red arm, and then of course he goes back to the gold arm for the next film, just to make sure everyone bought that TFA Threepio merchandise instead of just keeping their old stuff. I guess it is always possible JJ had an idea for it, but it isn't there in the movie and even the novel and other materials, except that 3PO comic I haven't read, don't really seem to say anything about it.

Lak_Sivrak
01-11-2016, 05:59 PM
He says he needs to get it replaced, and after that I guess he does.
Does he really say this? Where in the film? I genuinely cannot remember this line...

MARK2D2
01-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Does he really say this? Where in the film? I genuinely cannot remember this line...

It's VERY fast and you were probably too busy watching Han and Leia stare one another down as it's right before their big reunion scene. But as Threepio walks off with BB-8 after his interruption he says to BB-8 something like "Yes, you are right, I do need to get my proper arm back" Again -- I am paraphrasing here.

Zuvio
01-12-2016, 01:04 AM
If the C-3PO figure was more shiny (like old times) i think the red arm would do him justice, it's got a nice improvised B-grade sci-fi look to it, but the matte flat color used by Hasbro for this figure is a little bit enigmatic, why choose such flat-looking paint? Seems we won't ever see C3 with a red arm again, grab the figure while you still can, it'll be rare in the future.

Billy_Ray
01-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna rush out and buy up the 5000 or so I've seen warming the pegs since Force Friday.

tauntaunweequay
01-13-2016, 03:04 PM
C-3PO: Goodness! Han Solo! It is I, See-

Threepio!

(sees Han, stops)

You probably don't recognize me

because of the red arm.

(sees Leia,

increasingly awkward)

Look who it is! Did you see who?

Oh. Excuse me, Prin-- uh, General.

Sorry. Come along, BB-8. Quickly.

(BB-8 beeps)

Yes, I must get my proper arm

reinstalled.

He hurries off. Finally, alone again.

Billy_Ray
01-13-2016, 03:49 PM

I noticed that as well, or at least thought I did.

Lak_Sivrak
01-13-2016, 06:58 PM
It's VERY fast and you were probably too busy watching Han and Leia stare one another down as it's right before their big reunion scene. But as Threepio walks off with BB-8 after his interruption he says to BB-8 something like "Yes, you are right, I do need to get my proper arm back" Again -- I am paraphrasing here.

Huh.... In my 5 viewings, didn't catch this once....
Damn..

Zuvio
01-14-2016, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna rush out and buy up the 5000 or so I've seen warming the pegs since Force Friday.

I've heard it said that (clear&present this time) sarcasm is the lowest form of wit:\; combine that with a gross exaggeration in the same statement and it gets even bleaker.

Billy_Ray
01-14-2016, 10:35 AM
If you don't care for my sarcasm or gross exaggeration then why don't you add me to your ever expanding ignore list?

Zuvio
01-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Because I sense that you're really not a jerkwad like some of the others.

Maverick10126
01-14-2016, 04:03 PM
If you don't care for my sarcasm or gross exaggeration then why don't you add me to your ever expanding ignore list?

Yes, join us on the ignore list. It's great!

One of us, one of us....

pug205
01-15-2016, 12:55 AM
Because I sense that you're really not a jerkwad like some of the others.

Just another thing is so wrong about isn't Billy Ray :P

One of us, one of us....

Darth_Sceptaurus
01-15-2016, 07:44 AM
I've heard it said that (clear&present this time) sarcasm is the lowest form of wit:\; combine that with a gross exaggeration in the same statement and it gets even bleaker.

Actually sarcasm has been found to improve creative thinking. So whoever said that real smrt. :rolleyes:

Zuvio
01-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Actually sarcasm has been found to improve creative thinking. So whoever said that real smrt. :rolleyes:

Actually, atheist scientists purport that humans came from a bug in a pond ten billion years ago? < which I know isn't true. And prescribed medication kills thousands of people every year, even when taken in the proper dose and not abused. My point? Don't trust those who do studies or think they are qualified to speak, their full of crap! Old wives tales often make intellectuals look stupid. I could go out and be sarcastic all day long, that's because it's so easy to do, thus the lowest form of wit, capiche?

Maverick10126
01-15-2016, 05:16 PM
It all makes sense now...

Anyway...still undecided on this set. I wish it was back down to $10 when this was the Saga Legends line. All I want from this set is the Threepio.

Zuvio
01-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Do I have to remind you Maverick10126, every time you post, all I see is this > "This message is hidden because Maverick10126 is on your ignore list (http://forum.rebelscum.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist)." And i'll repeat, just in case you think I sometimes take a peek at what you've written, I don't!... I never ever utilize the view post / take a peek tab, capiche? Why am I mentioning this? Because nearly every time I post all I see is you posting directly after me, it's starting to look quite pathetic:wtf:

pug205
01-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Actually, atheist scientists purport that humans came from a bug in a pond ten billion years ago? < which I know isn't true. capiche?

While I think it is great and all that you can disprove the theory of Evolution and have put Charles Darwin on your ignore list, lets keep religion out of here please.

Darth_Sceptaurus
01-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Yeah, it makes perfect sense. Science deniers... :hmm:

Masterfett
01-16-2016, 02:35 AM
The only way anyone would know if that wasn't true, is if they had tried crushing that bug with their trusty Bible.

And anyone who says sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, are probably just mad because they cannot grasp the use of it.

DarthPete
01-16-2016, 10:54 AM
I was considering this set, but the lac of vac-metalized figures in TFA line bums me out, that paired 3PO's slightly smaller size, inexplicable beer belly, and I've got more basic R2's than I know what to do with, made it a pass for me.

Maverick10126
01-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Isn't this threepio roughly the same mold as the MS threepio. I mean I know they rearranged the wires on his midsection but other than that it's the same.

He's actually not as small as he seems. He's taller than TVC/Black series mold. When compared to the other characters this threepio is perfectly to scale. I think he's the same size as the ROTS mold just not as bulky due to the lack of vac metal.

DarthPete
01-16-2016, 12:19 PM
That could be, I defer to your comparison as I haven't had him physically (oop) in hand.

Maverick10126
01-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/mission-series/MS05-C-3PO-R2-D2/IMAGE18.asp)

pug205
01-16-2016, 03:42 PM
I normally prefer C-3PO to be made in vac metal but the gold paint on this is actually a bit more screen accurate for him. With each film in the OT he was made less and less shiny (I think it was done to make him easier to film) and this has continued with TFA. My main issue with this figure is the cheaply painted eyes, just like when it was released in the Mission Series in 2013.

BobaAndBossk
01-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Do you guys think this set's worth picking up at full price? I already own the rebels 5POA R2 and 3PO so I've been debating picking them up for a while but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Thoughts?

Maverick10126
01-24-2016, 05:40 PM
I have the MS threepio and I sold the R2. It's basically the same set. Threepio just has a red arm in this version. It's a great threepio but I purchased that set for $10...not the $15 Hasbro is charging. I'm personally waiting for a bogo or clearance. For what you get its overpriced. I don't want to pay $5 more for an accessory I don't want.

I'd hold out. I see a lot of these in stores. They'll go on sale.

Idpullthecurtain
01-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Do you guys think this set's worth picking up at full price? I already own the rebels 5POA R2 and 3PO so I've been debating picking them up for a while but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Thoughts?

​Depends how much you want the red arm?

Maverick10126
01-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Don't forget the gold shin. But yeah, you're basically paying for a red arm and gold shin at this point. The R2 is nothing special and you can't get much for him if you sell him.

r2_jenn2
01-28-2016, 12:59 PM
i was finally able to acquire these guys from the hasbro's toy shop via ebay. free shipping... what's not to like. thank the maker for this... as in my area there's no sign of any product:'(

War_in_The_floor
01-28-2016, 01:33 PM
I want a VII specific r2 and 3po but the sculpts and colors on these just look a little kiddie and low rent compared to some of my better versions of these guys. I always prefer vac metal for 3pos.

coachvader
01-28-2016, 09:41 PM
Picked it up to go with my force awakens shelf. Would have preferred just getting 3po single carded since I could have used one of my extra r2's since r2 is the same. But with red arm had to get 3po therefore I got the 2 pack. Found one of the 3 at the store with straight eyes the other two sets had lazy eye 3po

r2_jenn2
01-29-2016, 01:38 AM
I want a VII specific r2 and 3po but the sculpts and colors on these just look a little kiddie and low rent compared to some of my better versions of these guys. I always prefer vac metal for 3pos.

i agree. they look poor. but i still gotta have my r2. i love my episode tc-14 vac metal… i whole heartily agree with vac metals too!

SomeStormtrooper
01-29-2016, 11:25 AM
I noticed 3PO was just matte gold in the movie too...
Maybe they made him that way in the movie just to produce cheaper toys...

pug205
02-03-2016, 01:16 AM
I do like that idea!

To be fair, they had already dulled C-3PO down in each film of the OT to the point where in ROTJ he had lost a lot of shine and was quite matte (especially on Endor) this was just to help with filming as the shiny finish was quite a pain to light and film.

GNT
02-03-2016, 02:19 AM
For RoTS they had to go through each and every frame C-3PO was in to remove the camera reflection etc. That'd be very annoying to do.

Chewbacca
02-21-2016, 08:59 PM
Does this Artoo fit in the Scout Y-Wing?

Winsto
02-26-2016, 12:51 PM
I've been looking at this set in stores since last September, vowing I would never pay $15 for it. After all, I've got like 20 of each of these two from my years of collecting Star Wars. Maybe I feel like I have to have these droids represented in each movie? It isn't Star Wars with them, right? So...I broke down and bought them. What the hell am I doing?

reyandbb8
02-26-2016, 06:26 PM
I've been looking at this set in stores since last September, vowing I would never pay $15 for it. After all, I've got like 20 of each of these two from my years of collecting Star Wars. Maybe I feel like I have to have these droids represented in each movie? It isn't Star Wars with them, right? So...I broke down and bought them. What the hell am I doing?

Hey, I was exactly the same! Figured I really didn't need R2 and C-3P0, but I kept seeing them there on the shelf and thinking they looked nice. Finally I buckled and picked them up. I think the packaging is a big part of it. The artwork is fantastic. Besides, it's R2 and 3P0. Just can't resist!

Chewbacca
03-19-2016, 08:40 AM
Does this Artoo fit in the Scout Y-Wing?
Anybody?????

indysolo007
03-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Anybody?????

no. Legs protrude too far upwards. I just got this set today. Really like the 3po for what it is but the r2 is bond disappointing. Got it on the cheap price comprise g with Walmart.com

Chewbacca
03-19-2016, 05:26 PM
no. Legs protrude too far upwards. I just got this set today. Really like the 3po for what it is but the r2 is bond disappointing. Got it on the cheap price comprise g with Walmart.com

Unfortunate. Thanks for the review.

indysolo007
03-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Ps I wasn't drunk when I typed that and ask the maker for an edit button

Chewbacca
03-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Unfortunate. Thanks for the review.
But are you sure? I compared my 1998 POTF2 R2-D2 (sensorscope, or are you just happy to see me, release) with this 3POA thing and they are the same height in all elements. The POTF2 model fits without the floor filler in the droid slot.

Maz_Kanata
03-24-2016, 02:35 PM
The R2 does indeed fit into it without the floor filler!