04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Looks like R2-D2 wasn't far off:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/600/medium/r2d28.jpg

Shabby_Blue
04-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Not surprised at all.

MaxGoof
04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't usually buy Jumbos, but I will absolutely make an exception for these Droids figures.

Vlix, GG? Please?

Shabby_Blue
04-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Again I reiterate that if we only get a DROIDS R2 and not a regular POTF carded R2 with popup saber, I'm going to be very disappointed. The tooling is already there! GG would be fools not to double dip and offer it again. :(

Logray
04-17-2015, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't worry. They would be crazy not to do the POTF version now. :)

ramy
04-17-2015, 11:24 PM
I am not happy that they skipped to them in the first place. I like them, but finish Empire first.

Logray
04-17-2015, 11:35 PM
I still want Lobot!!

xphillips
04-18-2015, 08:02 AM
FYI: R2 is listed on the back of the C3PO figure box as the Comic-Con Exclusive.

Shabby_Blue
04-19-2015, 03:12 PM
FYI: R2 is listed on the back of the C3PO figure box as the Comic-Con Exclusive.

We've already seen pics of it during their Celebration con panel.

Shabby_Blue
04-19-2015, 03:14 PM
I am not happy that they skipped to them in the first place. I like them, but finish Empire first.

Yeah, Bespin Leia seems like the biggest one left from ESB at this point, though I bet they'd really screw up the print on her vinyl cape.

And there's still quite a few important ROTJ figures they should also be producing before skipping ahead to DROIDS. :(

Shawn_Fisher
04-19-2015, 03:42 PM
I still want Lobot!!
I second that! Lobot is awesomely lame and I find myself really liking his character and vintage figure as an adult. As a kid, forget it.

Shabby_Blue
04-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Here's a photo of R2 on display at C7:

http://www.yodasnews.com/wp-content/gallery/gentle-giant-celebration/DSC_0116.JPG

DefSith
04-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Need this too

ramy
04-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Might want to mention in the title that this is a Comic Con exclusive like I did with the Celebration C-3PO thread.

TheLobot
04-28-2015, 07:58 PM
I still want Lobot!!

Lobot sucks

Kevin_Lentz
05-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Remind me - how close to July 9th should we expect the opportunity to order this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaneda_01
05-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Dang... I just renewed my Premier Guild Membership... to give me a shot at the Droids R2-D2. Was going to pass over the membership until I saw how much the Droids C-3PO is going for on evilbay! :O(

Logray
05-25-2015, 09:08 PM
I've never had a membership before; I've always gotten these from online retailers/amazon etc. As a guild member, will you get a head's up when R2 is ready to be pre-ordered? Because I am so bummed about missing 3PO.....

Kaneda_01
05-25-2015, 09:19 PM
"Premier Guild members have first hand opportunity to purchase any exclusive that we create. This includes all distributor, international, and convention exclusives. Members also have the opportunity to pre-order and post-order San Diego Comic Con Exclusives before anyone else. While supplies last."

Copied that from GG's website... in previous years I have always pre-ordered their exclusives with-out any issues... but, they also had a 12" Jumbo as one of the gifts which allowed me to write off the $80 cost as a wash... this year with out a PGM 12" Jumbo... was a bit to swallow. Hoping I can sell my PGM gift to cover costs. I did use $33 in GG rewards... so my membership cost $47. :O)

I've never had a membership before; I've always gotten these from online retailers/amazon etc. As a guild member, will you get a head's up when R2 is ready to be pre-ordered? Because I am so bummed about missing 3PO.....

CanadianJedi
06-04-2015, 02:27 PM
R2 is up for pre-order for PGM members. 3:37 EST June 4th

JediJones77
06-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Got the e-mail that R2 is up for pre-order at 3:37 PM ET. Was able to place the order with no errors after logging in. I just renewed my premier guild membership on Monday mainly for the opportunity to pre-order R2, since there is no Jumbo figure as a gift this year. The Emperor bust looks very good, but I don't collect busts. I had no idea R2 would be up for sale this early though.

R2-D2 Droids SDCC 2015 Exclusive Jumbo Figure The 3D Studio (http://www.the3dstudio.com/r2-d2-droids-sdcc-2015-exclusive-jumbo-figure)

Kaneda_01
06-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Yep... just put my order in... used the 10% off PGM code and $15 rewards... getting him down to $75.

MrT
06-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Got mine too. Go great with my 3PO.

xphillips
06-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Love it and Ordered!

SexxyDrummerBoy1
06-04-2015, 05:57 PM
I renewed my PGM back in April and when I am logged in and try to order it, it says I need to be a PGM member...which I am. Ugh. Anybody else having this issue? It says it is still available.

Kevin_Lentz
06-04-2015, 06:29 PM
I got stuck at the "confirm address" page and had to call and complete my order by phone.

SexxyDrummerBoy1
06-04-2015, 06:49 PM
I got stuck at the "confirm address" page and had to call and complete my order by phone.

Yuck.
I finally got an order placed. I was able to add it to my cart using my phone but I couldn't continue because my phone will only display so much of the page, kinda like a snapshot. I had the same issue when I tried to order the McQuarrie bust. I'm not sure if it is their website or my iPhone but it is maddening. After several more tries of logging in I made it to the page for R2 which took several refreshes before the preorder button finally appeared. So who knows if it's my crappy Internet, crappy desktop computer, crappy GG website, or a lovely little mix of all three hahaha.

ramy
06-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I got mine to finally go in after several times logging in and out.

Hammerhead26
06-04-2015, 08:00 PM
I renewed my PGM back in April and when I am logged in and try to order it, it says I need to be a PGM member...which I am. Ugh. Anybody else having this issue? It says it is still available.

Same thing is happening to me, did yours ever go through?

SexxyDrummerBoy1
06-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Same thing is happening to me, did yours ever go through?

Yeah I finally got an order placed. It took several tries before I could get logged in then several attempts refreshing the order page before the preorder button finally appeared.

j97e
06-05-2015, 02:22 AM
Yuck.
I finally got an order placed. I was able to add it to my cart using my phone but I couldn't continue because my phone will only display so much of the page, kinda like a snapshot. I had the same issue when I tried to order the McQuarrie bust. I'm not sure if it is their website or my iPhone but it is maddening. After several more tries of logging in I made it to the page for R2 which took several refreshes before the preorder button finally appeared. So who knows if it's my crappy Internet, crappy desktop computer, crappy GG website, or a lovely little mix of all three hahaha.

Crappy phone. Switch to Android :)

DefSith
06-05-2015, 03:53 AM
i think its good that GG have the R2, up for pre order early, I am sure many who love the R2 wont miss it.

TheGoodDr
06-05-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm not a PGM anymore.....so anyone who is that isn't interested in the Droids R2, I'm looking for someone will to order and ship one to me :)
I'm in Oz.
Paul.

MasterX
06-05-2015, 01:08 PM
I'm not a PGM anymore.....so anyone who is that isn't interested in the Droids R2, I'm looking for someone will to order and ship one to me :)
I'm in Oz.
Paul.

Going to be tough to do that now... appears to be sold out.

X

DefSith
06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Going to be tough to do that now... appears to be sold out.

X

Wow that was fast.

Tweekem
06-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Wow... sold out already.... under 24 hrs to boot. Well that kills all the ... this line is dead... bs I read here. I still cant wait for Luke Trooper.

Palitoy_DS_1971
06-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Wow... sold out already.... under 24 hrs to boot. Well that kills all the ... this line is dead... bs I read here. I still cant wait for Luke Trooper.

Me too - there are still some major fan favourites not yet tackled by GGLTD.
Definitely want Luke Stormtrooper and Amanaman to round out my jumbo collection.
Amanaman will be a huge figure, nearly 8" wide, elbow to elbow.

I was starting to let all the jumbo naysayers on here get to me and in a panic, I'd actually trawled the internet for reference photos of Amanaman to sculpt my own jumbo, in case the plug got pulled on this line.
Got to stop listening to all the negative speculation, learn to sit back and be patient.

It is understandable that these aren't as popular en masse as they once were. They were like Wonka Bars in 2010 - 2013, until Yoda and Bossk, then IG-88...
IG-88 was a brilliantly realised figure, but that "I" card debacle was the straw that broke the camel's back imho. A turning point, was that 3 strikes?

Having been around for 5 years this autumn, they're not the newest thing anymore and some people have lost interest in them, after the original 21.

I'm glad to see the 6 ROTJ figures so far, but would like a few more - Bib Fortuna and Ree Yees would be nice.
Revisiting some earlier (now hard to find) jumbo releases as POTF would be pretty cool too:
Darth Vader (13.5" tall)
Chewbacca (13.5" tall)
X Wing Luke
Sand People
Greedo
etc. etc.

I'm surprised the Biker Scout has been overlooked as a POTF option.
I thought the AT-AT Driver would have been a great POTF option, to make it more special as an SDCC exclusive last year.
Seems POTF is on the back-burner right now.

GGLTD are no doubt going to be sensible and only release crowd pleasers from this point out.
In my opinion, we will not see every single figure Kenner made, in the jumbo form - but a few of the top-tier design and more revered figures.
I'm not business minded, but I wouldn't think General Madine would be a cost effective character to produce, so would likely get dropped in favour of better sellers.
You can bet GGLTD have access to all of Kenners/ Hasbro's vintage SW sales figures.

Back on topic:
Lots of Kenner fans are still waiting for the POTF R2 with the light saber and the ESB R2 with antenna.

Logray
06-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Don't forget C-3PO with removable limbs. It was my very first figure and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Palitoy_DS_1971
06-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Don't forget C-3PO with removable limbs. It was my very first figure and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

That, I'd like to see on a POTF card!
I had forgotten him - poor old Threepio.
I hope it gives GGLTD motivation to re-release Chewy in 13.5" to accompany removable limbed C-3PO...

TWinbrook46636
06-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Crappy phone. Switch to Android :)

Same issue on my Android phone. Crappy website. It's been that way ever since the switch to The 3D Studio.

Hammerhead26
06-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Same issue on my Android phone. Crappy website. It's been that way ever since the switch to The 3D Studio.

I couldn't check out on my computer, kept saying I wasn't a PGM Member. Went on my phone (iPhone) and was able to add it to my cart, then went on the computer to checkout. Don't know why it wasn't working on my computer but was on my phone.

MartyMcFett
06-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Me too - there are still some major fan favourites not yet tackled by GGLTD.
Definitely want Luke Stormtrooper and Amanaman to round out my jumbo collection.
Amanaman will be a huge figure, nearly 8" wide, elbow to elbow.

I was starting to let all the jumbo naysayers on here get to me and in a panic, I'd actually trawled the internet for reference photos of Amanaman to sculpt my own jumbo, in case the plug got pulled on this line.
Got to stop listening to all the negative speculation, learn to sit back and be patient.

It is understandable that these aren't as popular en masse as they once were. They were like Wonka Bars in 2010 - 2013, until Yoda and Bossk, then IG-88...
IG-88 was a brilliantly realised figure, but that "I" card debacle was the straw that broke the camel's back imho. A turning point, was that 3 strikes?

Having been around for 5 years this autumn, they're not the newest thing anymore and some people have lost interest in them, after the original 21.

I'm glad to see the 6 ROTJ figures so far, but would like a few more - Bib Fortuna and Ree Yees would be nice.
Revisiting some earlier (now hard to find) jumbo releases as POTF would be pretty cool too:
Darth Vader (13.5" tall)
Chewbacca (13.5" tall)
X Wing Luke
Sand People
Greedo
etc. etc.

I'm surprised the Biker Scout has been overlooked as a POTF option.
I thought the AT-AT Driver would have been a great POTF option, to make it more special as an SDCC exclusive last year.
Seems POTF is on the back-burner right now.

GGLTD are no doubt going to be sensible and only release crowd pleasers from this point out.
In my opinion, we will not see every single figure Kenner made, in the jumbo form - but a few of the top-tier design and more revered figures.
I'm not business minded, but I wouldn't think General Madine would be a cost effective character to produce, so would likely get dropped in favour of better sellers.
You can bet GGLTD have access to all of Kenners/ Hasbro's vintage SW sales figures.

Back on topic:
Lots of Kenner fans are still waiting for the POTF R2 with the light saber and the ESB R2 with antenna.

The ultimate would be the Han Solo in Carbonite figure.

MartyMcFett
06-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Btw I really hope they fix their website. It's not compatible with my iphone(4), and on my computer there's issues with logging in & checking out.
I'm sure this gives some people even more reason to dislike GG. It's very frustrating.

xphillips
06-07-2015, 05:09 PM
My order still says "pending" when I log into my account. Is that what everyone else sees??

ramy
06-07-2015, 06:14 PM
This will not ship until after the SDCC is over.

DefSith
06-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Sdcc ends in 13th July, I guess will see a compete after that :)

Nerfherder
06-10-2015, 05:56 PM
I really want one of these but not a PG member, or attending the show. Ebay it is!

jedimasterc
06-19-2015, 05:19 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the Droids series but I do hope that some more of R2 will be available after SDCC.

gijigsaw
06-20-2015, 12:46 PM
I was able to order one and wasn't a PG member. Always used to be but didn't renew with the lack of Jumbo SW this year. Just got an email from GG saying my order will be canceled unless I pay for PG membership. What a bunch of *****. And I used to be one of their biggest cheerleaders....mistakes and all.

Logray
06-20-2015, 01:49 PM
I was considering membership but not if they drop figures like Droids Boba with no advance warning so it's sold out by the time I even hear about it. Plus I really don't collect mini busts but I love all the jumbos.... feeling frustrated.

BillMulder
06-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I was considering membership but not if they drop figures like Droids Boba with no advance warning so it's sold out by the time I even hear about it. Plus I really don't collect mini busts but I love all the jumbos.... feeling frustrated.

If they have any leftover after Comic Con, they'll go up for sale on their site. Obviously, there's no guarantee that they won't sell them all at the show or that they'll last long online but I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Antman
06-20-2015, 07:48 PM
I was able to order one and wasn't a PG member. Always used to be but didn't renew with the lack of Jumbo SW this year. Just got an email from GG saying my order will be canceled unless I pay for PG membership. What a bunch of *****. And I used to be one of their biggest cheerleaders....mistakes and all.

The exact same thing happened to me except it was for the Boba jumbo. I chose to become a member this year only, since I really wanted this whole set and didn't want to risk losing some or all of it. However, my C-3PO jumbo went thru just fine without the membership.

Logray
06-20-2015, 09:49 PM
If they have any leftover after Comic Con, they'll go up for sale on their site. Obviously, there's no guarantee that they won't sell them all at the show or that they'll last long online but I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Thanks for the info. I may just wait and see then before paying twice as much on ebay.

DefSith
07-20-2015, 09:45 PM
Anyone have any updates if they have started deducting payments for their R2 orders?

Kaneda_01
07-22-2015, 04:26 AM
Mine was charged on Monday along with Droids Fett, Deadpool and the GI Joe exclusives... I'm just waiting for the Proto Fett mini bust to process.

Antman
07-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Just received an email for processing for R2-D2 today, Wednesday. No info yet on the other pieces I ordered. (GI Joe Mini and Fett Jumbo)

DefSith
07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Received my Processing for R2 too 😁😁 but not for Fett..

Kevin_Lentz
07-27-2015, 05:41 PM
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/334archives/007_zpsem7wvysx.jpg

Mine arrived today. Looks good!

DefSith
07-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Awesome Kevin, congrats. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Tweekem
07-27-2015, 11:36 PM
No word yet

Antman
07-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Mine arrived on Monday as well. R2-D2 is an absolute incredible figure and a great companion to C-3PO.

SexxyDrummerBoy1
07-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Received mine yesterday as well. I was afraid to open the shipping box as it was trashed. Dents, creases, oil stains, and one corner had a gash in it but miraculously R2 was completely intact. Not even a scuff on the clamshell.

Shabby_Blue
07-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Received mine yesterday as well. I was afraid to open the shipping box as it was trashed. Dents, creases, oil stains, and one corner had a gash in it but miraculously R2 was completely intact. Not even a scuff on the clamshell.

Gentle Giant's shoddy shipping is one of the reasons I stopped ordering directly from them, since 90% of the time the boxes always arrived in poor condition with the figure's bubble inside potentially dented or worse. A bigger reason I stopped ordering from them was because their increased tax/shipping fees make the total price of the figure cost MORE than if I ordered it through BBTS, even with a PGM discount -- making PGM membership practically worthless now except for the rare occasion when I can get con exclusives like DROIDS C3PO/R2/Fett. I've been pre-ordering the Jumbo figures from BBTS ever since last Fall for this reason. It ends up being several dollars cheaper, and BBTS has a great track record (at least with me) when it comes to shipping products in sturdy boxes without damage.

sotoam
07-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Something about that dome just doesn't seem right.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/334archives/007_zpsem7wvysx.jpg

Mine arrived today. Looks good!

ramy
07-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Gentle Giant's shoddy shipping is one of the reasons I stopped ordering directly from them, since 90% of the time the boxes always arrived in poor condition with the figure's bubble inside potentially dented or worse. A bigger reason I stopped ordering from them was because their increased tax/shipping fees make the total price of the figure cost MORE than if I ordered it through BBTS, even with a PGM discount -- making PGM membership practically worthless now except for the rare occasion when I can get con exclusives like DROIDS C3PO/R2/Fett. I've been pre-ordering the Jumbo figures from BBTS ever since last Fall for this reason. It ends up being several dollars cheaper, and BBTS has a great track record (at least with me) when it comes to shipping products in sturdy boxes without damage.

Same here. I am now ordering from razor's edge except for the exclusives.

Shabby_Blue
07-28-2015, 04:22 PM

Yeah, the dome appears lighter in color than the original Kenner version.

AaylaSecurasMan
07-28-2015, 05:57 PM

Yeah, the dome appears lighter in color than the original Kenner version.

It may be the lighting in the picture. Let's wait and see what Kevin says.

DefSith
07-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Great mail day, just got it 😁😁😁

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx285/defcon1212/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswk59m7dt.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/defcon1212/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswk59m7dt.jpg.html)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx285/defcon1212/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsnbco9qud.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/defcon1212/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsnbco9qud.jpg.html)

Kevin_Lentz
07-29-2015, 09:50 AM
It may be the lighting in the picture. Let's wait and see what Kevin says.

I'm out of town for a few days. I didn't notice it in hand, but I'll compare when I get back and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Martin
08-02-2015, 11:20 PM
I thought the dome was off at first too, but they used my actual Droids Artoo figure to make this, and when I put the two together I can see the colour is a dead match. I think the scale itself makes it look different.

DefSith
08-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Original r2 maybe a slight darker shade.

UTINI
08-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Got mine and love it with C-3PO. I might look to sell off some of my Jumbos, but I'll definitely keep these guys. Hopefully I like the Boba too when he arrives.

I also think my desire to get original carded of the Kenner makes me like these even more.

Glitch
08-06-2015, 01:47 PM

Looks like it glows in the dark.

:wtf:

Kevin_Lentz
08-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Original r2 maybe a slight darker shade.

So, there is a difference. To the eye, the original one is clearly darker. I'm having trouble with my phone capturing it accurately. With the flash, the difference is not very noticeable. Without, it looks like a huge difference. The truth is somewhere in the space between. Both pictures are below.

No flash:
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/334archives/014_zpsci9xrn96.jpg

Flash:
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/334archives/015_zpsudkkltpt.jpg

Palitoy_DS_1971
08-06-2015, 06:30 PM

In that early shot , it looks like the dirty off-white used for Princess Leia is still being used. Could be the lighting...

The later shots do look a bit better and more grey. It's still a pretty nice figure.

gijigsaw
08-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Kind of a funny story.

I was able to place an order for Droids R2 prior to SDCC even though I let my PM Guild membership lapse (since there was no Guild Jumbo this year).

The order was then canceled by GG because I wasn't a Guild member. No biggie. Opportunity lost.

A few weeks later I look at my account and see all my "GG points" that went to R2 were still locked up. No worries, I'll call them after I get back from vacation.

While on vacation, I pay for Guild Membership because of the Salacious Crumb figure.

The system kicks in, processes my Droids R2 and I get a shipping notice.

R2 arrives. Nice figure. I like it. Wish 3PO wasn't so much.

For once, the chaos and pain of integration of systems between merged companies, worked out in my favor. Woot!

DefSith
08-26-2015, 12:39 AM
Kind of a funny story.

I was able to place an order for Droids R2 prior to SDCC even though I let my PM Guild membership lapse (since there was no Guild Jumbo this year).

The order was then canceled by GG because I wasn't a Guild member. No biggie. Opportunity lost.

A few weeks later I look at my account and see all my "GG points" that went to R2 were still locked up. No worries, I'll call them after I get back from vacation.

While on vacation, I pay for Guild Membership because of the Salacious Crumb figure.

The system kicks in, processes my Droids R2 and I get a shipping notice.

R2 arrives. Nice figure. I like it. Wish 3PO wasn't so much.

For once, the chaos and pain of integration of systems between merged companies, worked out in my favor. Woot!

Awesome man, congrats. I am sure the still have some more stock stashed.

Really hope i could score a 3po 😁😁😁😁