PDA

View Full Version : 6" Vintage Kenner Action Figures?

John_Solo
12-15-2014, 05:24 PM
It would seem that Gentle Giant might soon be offering six inch versions of the Kenner vintage Star Wars figures.

They quietly released this video to YouTube on December 4th, and around the 1:17 mark you can see this:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/FinalOutput_Kenner6Inch.PNG

I personally find this scale way more appealing than the current jumbo line, if it indeed comes to pass. Anyone else interested?

12backvader
12-15-2014, 05:32 PM
This is exciting to me, I don't really have the space for the jumbo stuff, it would depend on the price. I also kind of don't like the way the jumbo figures feel hollow and the weight is wrong to me.

It really depends on the price if they are $20 like black series 6" I might buy them all, if they are more than that then I would only buy a few select favorite figures.

I probably wouldn't pre-order any of these though because I don't really trust gentle giant to do them right the first time and I don't want to buy mistakes.

Can anybody explain to me how the licensing is worked out? What is stopping them from doing 3 3/4"?

Kevin_Lentz
12-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Can anybody explain to me how the licensing is worked out? What is stopping them from doing 3 3/4"?

Why would we want them to do 3 3/4-inch? I like the 12-inch (and might consider 6-inch) because they are new but different versions of the vintage line. We've already got the vintage line in 3 3/4-inch.

andrewb
12-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Would be an affordable way to obtain a complete collection..?? Seems weird though to directly reproduce the original 70/80s figures..

12backvader
12-15-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't want a 3 3/4 line from gentle giant, I am just asking how the licensing works. Can any company make 6" figures? can any company make 3 3/4 figures? I kind of see gentle giant getting into 6" figures infringing on hasbros license is what I am getting at. sorry if this is derailing the topic.

DarthMickeyMoose
12-15-2014, 11:07 PM
This is exciting to me, I don't really have the space for the jumbo stuff, it would depend on the price. I also kind of don't like the way the jumbo figures feel hollow and the weight is wrong to me.

It really depends on the price if they are $20 like black series 6" I might buy them all, if they are more than that then I would only buy a few select favorite figures.

I probably wouldn't pre-order any of these though because I don't really trust gentle giant to do them right the first time and I don't want to buy mistakes.

Can anybody explain to me how the licensing is worked out? What is stopping them from doing 3 3/4"? !

$20.00! not a chance on that. Looks like after screwing up the 12" Jumbos there off to screw up another size!

Kevin_Lentz
12-16-2014, 06:40 AM
I don't want a 3 3/4 line from gentle giant, I am just asking how the licensing works. Can any company make 6" figures? can any company make 3 3/4 figures? I kind of see gentle giant getting into 6" figures infringing on hasbros license is what I am getting at. sorry if this is derailing the topic.

It's an interesting question, sorry for misunderstanding the first time. I'm assuming it's not just the scale but also the style that a company gets licensed to do. Look at all the companies that make / have made 12-inch Star Wars figures, some concurrently.

On a different topic, is that a Luke Stormtrooper helmet in the right hand?

JediMarty
12-16-2014, 11:34 AM
It's an interesting question, sorry for misunderstanding the first time. I'm assuming it's not just the scale but also the style that a company gets licensed to do. Look at all the companies that make / have made 12-inch Star Wars figures, some concurrently.

I was thinking the same thing about that stormtrooper helmet Kevin. Maybe the PGM exclusive figure for 2015 is a POTF Luke Stormtrooper?? One can only hope!!!

cayman_shen
12-16-2014, 12:42 PM
I can't afford vintage (and I don't want the stress of worrying about the condition, fakes, etc of a vintage item, frankly), and I can't afford 12". I can probably afford the 6" line. I really hope this happens. I haven't collected toys seriously in 20 years...this would draw me back in.

MrT
12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Hmm, this just smacks of milking the license for all it's worth. If they had done this originally I would have preferred it over the 12 inch jumbos but not now after being so far into the current line.

Dax
12-16-2014, 03:47 PM
If they make them of hard plastic like original figures then I'm in. If they sell them for a reasonable price then I'm in. If they fix up all the dumb *** mistakes they made like cape colour, wrong size figures, etc. then I'm in. Right now though my confidence level is not high given GG have consistently proven their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again.

What would be interesting is the intended packaging for these. At a 6 inch figure scale the current cards and packaging is about right but there's a lot of cost and wastage in that massive packaging so I can't see them staying with that size. Perhaps they would go with a Mego style window box or even a scaled down vintage 12" figure box with the side flap.

As for the licensing question, yes companies are typically restricted to a style and scale so that there is no direct competition between companies. Otherwise businesses wouldn't pay the license fee to Disney. So for example you can have multiple companies making items in 12" scale, Gentle Giant, Hot Toys, Hasbro, etc. as long as they have different styles such as vintage replica, super detailed display piece, cheap stylized toy.

Sometimes you will get some similarities due to geographical restrictions such as companies in Japan making super detailed 12" figures for release in their market while Hot Toys sells essentially the same thing but in the American and European markets.

But for me, I'm done with the GG 12" line with the exception of a Luke and Han Stormtrooper if and when they make them. There's nothing else from the vintage line I actually want at that scale now.

DarthBeek
12-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Sitting here...just shaking my head. :wtf:

binkleywalker
12-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Hmm, this just smacks of milking the license for all it's worth. If they had done this originally I would have preferred it over the 12 inch jumbos but not now after being so far into the current line.

Milking the Star Wars license? For all it's worth? When did this start?

That's all anyone has done since 1977. I mean, I agree with you, but don't act shocked or surprised! :weeabooface:

AaylaSecurasMan
12-16-2014, 06:47 PM
My feeling is that they will sell these for $30-$45 :\

rnbuda
12-16-2014, 09:50 PM
I'll be in for a few. I feel shame.

Glitch
12-17-2014, 01:49 AM
All depends...

Will they still have the build and paint quality of a child's bath toy?

:wtf:

rnbuda
12-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Glitch, probably!

I'd love to see these hanging on the shelves next to Hasbro's Black Series!

Palitoy_DS_1971
12-17-2014, 07:25 PM
If GGLTD do produce these in 6" form, I hope they keep the clamshell packaging or something like it.
The idea of going back to a bonded bubble onto a card doesn't appeal anymore. It's something I will forever associate with 1978-1985 Kenner/ Palitoy.
I like the artworked graphics, I don't want to damage the cards.

Personally I'd probably only keep the 12 original jumbo's as 12" versions and a few POTF in 12" - then get started picking up these 6" versions.
Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and Amanaman as 12" releases will be hard to pass up.

6" figures would free up alot of space within our homes, surely a bonus to many collectors? Most of us have complained at one point or another, that we were running out of room months ago with the jumbo 12" range.

It also widens the appeal, being more affordable. The jumbo 12" price point does exclude many casual buyers - or SW fans without massive amounts of disposable income.
The lower 6" cost is something we can all appreciate.

There would also be far fewer damaged deliveries in this scale - those 12" bubbles were a nightmare to get through the post intact.
It was far more likely to get a crushed bubble than a perfect one after the postal service got hold of them, whatever country you lived in.
The shipping costs to us would also become more feasible. I don't mind paying $51.55USD per 12" jumbo, for the occasional GGLTD direct purchase, but multiply that a few times and it's in the hundreds.

I'm happy to hear we might see smaller 6" vintage Kenners. I love the old Kenner designs and am pleased to see them again, albeit with some subtle and not so subtle detail fixes.
The source material is still recognisable as Kenner even after digital GG intervention. So yeah - overall, a pretty good idea. Why not?

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
12-17-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm willing to bet GG will charge at least $30-$45 for these :( At that price I'm out. Hasbro's 6" black series are very nice and at $20 are already pushing the envelope ;)

darthalvin
12-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Kevin

Didnt notice the helmet...lets hope it is a Luke Stormtrooper...am waiting for han in carbonite myself, maybe CVII exclusive?

I personally love the 12" series and have purchased all to date. The problems is storing and display. 6" line would have been easier in this area.

I probably would buy the 6" if produce...damn this addiction!!!!

rnbuda
12-18-2014, 12:15 PM
I wonder if 6" Boba will be a C7 exclusive. UGH! I hope not, I had to join PGM just to get 12" Fett from C5 and Stormtrooper from SDCC! GG's line was always so long at C5!

John_Solo
12-18-2014, 12:59 PM
I would really love a Luke Stormtrooper, Walrusman, Hammerhead, Greedo, Artoo and Threepio and Jawa in this scale...

Palitoy_DS_1971
12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I would really love a Luke Stomrtrooper, Walrusman, Hammerhead, Greedo, Artoo and Threepio and Jawa in this scale...

The 2nd wave would be my priority - I'd love all the Cantina aliens and those Sand Crawler droids in 6".

BlueSnaggletooth
12-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Would be in for at least some 6" figures - if the scale/sculpt/cape colors are correct. Also I recommend GG enlist an outside consultant/true vintage expert this time around.

-Snags

Palitoy_DS_1971
12-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Would be in for at least some 6" figures - if the scale/sculpt/cape colors are correct. Also I recommend GG enlist an outside consultant/true vintage expert this time around.

-Snags

The capes are a consideration and I've deliberately avoided them in my 6" list so far. They might be better in the smaller scale. Certainly the colours need to match better.
With any luck GGLTD have used the 12" builds as dry-runs/ practice runs to improve future releases.

I'd hope the 6" paint apps would be as crisp as possible, sloppy paint jobs drive me crazy.

Maybe GGLTD will open their 6" range with Boba Fett and The Max Rebo Band?
Given the potential size of a 12" 3 pack, I'd be more likely to try for the smaller 6" version - if it comes to pass.

Kevin_Lentz
12-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Of course, nothing is confirmed yet. Still, I wonder if this signals the end of the 12-inch line on the horizon out there. There aren't that many more iconic figures to be remade: Luke Jedi springs to mind. Much of the rest, while cool, don't have the wide appeal that the first 21 have. I don't blame them for taking their digital scans to a new scale. I'll probably buy them again. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palitoy_DS_1971
12-20-2014, 06:12 AM
Of course, nothing is confirmed yet. Still, I wonder if this signals the end of the 12-inch line on the horizon out there. There aren't that many more iconic figures to be remade: Luke Jedi springs to mind. Much of the rest, while cool, don't have the wide appeal that the first 21 have. I don't blame them for taking their digital scans to a new scale. I'll probably buy them again. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, Kevin.
Nothing is confirmed yet...
It did cross my mind that all this excitement is a little unfounded.
That Boba Fett figure could simply be some type of "in-house" test sample, not for commercial production.

It would be fantastic to have them as 6" versions, though.

BillMulder
12-20-2014, 11:56 AM
That Boba Fett figure could simply be some type of "in-house" test sample, not for commercial production.
Since it's the ever popular Boba Fett, it could also be a one-time exclusive rather than a beginning of a new line.

Jedi534
12-20-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm all in for Vintage 6" collection!

Jedi534
12-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Why would we want them to do 3 3/4-inch? I like the 12-inch (and might consider 6-inch) because they are new but different versions of the vintage line. We've already got the vintage line in 3 3/4-inch.

What would really be cool is if GG (Hasbro or whoever) were to release the unproduced 2nd series of Droids & Ewoks figures in 3 3/4" scale. I need me a licensed Vlix that doesn't cost 3K! :)

Shabby_Blue
12-20-2014, 05:37 PM
What would really be cool is if GG (Hasbro or whoever) were to release the unproduced 2nd series of Droids & Ewoks figures in 3 3/4" scale. I need me a licensed Vlix that doesn't cost 3K! :)

There's a very good quality replica of Vlix that can be bought on Ebay by Mark Poon. He even does carded versions.

Palitoy_DS_1971
12-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Since it's the ever popular Boba Fett, it could also be a one-time exclusive rather than a beginning of a new line.

When GGLTD's new website relaunches - perhaps we'll see some 6" announcements or teaser information... A one time exclusive would be fine with me.
But I'd go all out for a full set of 6" 2nd wave SW figures, as I've already mentioned.

rnbuda
12-21-2014, 11:20 AM
I asked Dreamwalker in the Ask GG thread if they should shed any light on these figures and they said it was only a 3D print out and had nothing more to add...

DarthChristopher
12-23-2014, 12:27 AM

-Snags

Excellent recommendation, Snags! I'm personally not interested in this scale, but would like to see how they'd package another Blue Snaggletooth.

ramy
12-27-2014, 10:17 AM
I asked Dreamwalker in the Ask GG thread if they should shed any light on these figures and they said it was only a 3D print out and had nothing more to add...

Hmmmmm. Very interesting.

Daigo_Bah
12-27-2014, 11:33 AM
I wish these were happening- the scale and price would be so much more appealing to me (and the flaws in GG's reproductions would be less evident).

rnbuda
12-27-2014, 02:52 PM
I wish these were happening- the scale and price would be so much more appealing to me (and the flaws in GG's reproductions would be less evident).

Agreed. I hope their response to my question was just to ignore it and appease the crowds before an official announcement.

Shabby_Blue
12-28-2014, 05:10 PM
It seems kind of jerky for them to deliberately show a glimpse of it in their video if there was no intention of doing a 6" line. So I'm betting any denials about plans for a 6" line are just to keep it a secret until an official announcement is made next year.

DarthMickeyMoose
01-10-2015, 10:24 PM
It seems kind of jerky for them to deliberately show a glimpse of it in their video if there was no intention of doing a 6" line. So I'm betting any denials about plans for a 6" line are just to keep it a secret until an official announcement is made next year.

If they opened up about the 6" they know it would kill the 12" line and fast!

xphillips
01-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Gentle Giant does not have (not will ever have) the license to produce 6" action figures. This would specifically infringe on Hasbro's license. Hasbro and Lucasfilm are very specific about what other companies can and can not do... and 6" is out of the question for GG.

Kevin_Lentz
01-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Gentle Giant does not have (not will ever have) the license to produce 6" action figures. This would specifically infringe on Hasbro's license. Hasbro and Lucasfilm are very specific about what other companies can and can not do... and 6" is out of the question for GG.

Interesting. What's your source on this?

BlueSnag
01-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Isn't that the 6" Boba Fett that came with the Santa Yoda in the toy sack released by GG?

Kevin_Lentz
01-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Isn't that the 6" Boba Fett that came with the Santa Yoda in the toy sack released by GG?

That Boba Fett was more like 2".

ramy
01-13-2015, 02:18 PM

Actually I think Gentle Giant works with Hasbro on those figures, so they might have a mutual agreement.

http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/2013/01/28/news-6-star-wars-legends-figures-coming-from-hasbro/

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/11/hasbro-star-wars-6-inch-black-series-greedo

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10156 (http://thefwoosh.com/2013/11/hasbro-star-wars-6-inch-black-series-greedo)

DarthMickeyMoose
01-14-2015, 01:18 AM

Wrong. Its the price point in the License that matters. If these items are made with a high ($69.99-example) price point they will have nothing to do with the $20.00 Hasbro 6" figure. That's why you have more than dozen different companies making 12" figures, and have been for years.

Dax
01-14-2015, 02:10 AM
Wrong. Its the price point in the License that matters. If these items are made with a high ($69.99-example) price point they will have nothing to do with the $20.00 Hasbro 6" figure. That's why you have more than dozen different companies making 12" figures, and have been for years.

Sorry, but also technically incorrect although the main crux of your post was spot on. It's not the price point, it's the style and market niche the product will occupy. It can also be a territorial license too so one company can manufacture a realistic finish, multi-articulated collector figure in Japan while another company can manufacture to the same finish in the American and European market. Licenses can be for various scales, particular styles (i.e. anime vs photo-realistic), different materials (die-cast vs plastic) and so on. Essentially the only criteria that matters is that each license will be unique in the market the company is approved to sell to so that there is a reasonable opportunity for a return for both the licensee and licensor.

And yes the is a multi-level agreement in place with GG and Hasbro for the Jumbo figures due to the card artwork and the figure sculpts that belong to Kenner being used. It's likely to be one of the contributing reasons for the high price point on these items as GG will need to pay a fee to Disney for the rights to produce these as well as Hasbro for the use of Kenner's work decades ago.

DarthMickeyMoose
01-14-2015, 02:35 AM
Sorry, but also technically incorrect although the main crux of your post was spot on. It's not the price point, it's the style and market niche the product will occupy. It can also be a territorial license too so one company can manufacture a realistic finish, multi-articulated collector figure in Japan while another company can manufacture to the same finish in the American and European market. Licenses can be for various scales, particular styles (i.e. anime vs photo-realistic), different materials (die-cast vs plastic) and so on. Essentially the only criteria that matters is that each license will be unique in the market the company is approved to sell to so that there is a reasonable opportunity for a return for both the licensee and licensor.

And yes the is a multi-level agreement in place with GG and Hasbro for the Jumbo figures due to the card artwork and the figure sculpts that belong to Kenner being used. It's likely to be one of the contributing reasons for the high price point on these items as GG will need to pay a fee to Disney for the rights to produce these as well as Hasbro for the use of Kenner's work decades ago.

I can tell you my info comes directly from a Family Member of mine who works directly with the DC License with many different companies-(Foreign and domestic). And although what you saying is correct with the small details and markets of the License, it still comes down to what I'm saying and it is the Price Point. I don't have any idea if GG will make 6" figures or not but I can tell you they will be most likely 3 times the price of Hasbro's 6".

GGC
01-14-2015, 10:34 AM
That Boba Fett was more like 2".

Yup, and not as detailed as the screen shots. Pretty sure it's the Hasbro one shown in the GGS Video. It's no hidden secret that GG scans for them, GG scans a LOT of Stuff.

This is right from the 6" Black Series Press and Wholesaler sheets, just as one example I grabbed Vader's:

Bring the next big thing in Star Wars home with the Star Wars The Black Series Darth Vader 6-Inch Action Figure. He includes a three-piece removable helmet inspired by his final appearance in Return of the Jedi as well as a cloth cape and a lightsaber, complete with removable blade. Outfitted with tons of articulation and co-designed by Gentle Giant Studios, this is an action figure you won't want to miss. Ages 4 and up.

"

Jedi534
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Well, then perhaps "Hasbro" is releasing a 6" Vintage Figure line... :hmm:

cayman_shen
01-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Well, then perhaps "Hasbro" is releasing a 6" Vintage Figure line... :hmm:

Seriously, make these $20 or less and I'd brick my house with them. The 12" are too big and too pricey. 6" would make them nostalgia crack. Hasbro? GG? You reading this?!

BosskHasManners
01-14-2015, 01:48 PM
I can tell you my info comes directly from a Family Member of mine who works directly with the DC License with many different companies-(Foreign and domestic). And although what you saying is correct with the small details and markets of the License, it still comes down to what I'm saying and it is the Price Point. I don't have any idea if GG will make 6" figures or not but I can tell you they will be most likely 3 times the price of Hasbro's 6".

I've lurked here a long time, and was very interested in this thread---the conjecture and all... so, it encouraged me to register, and post my thoughts.

Risking me, myself being wrong... at the moment, I'm going to state that I believe no one has really come close to the bottom line arrangement between Disney, Hasbro, GG, Lucasfilm and whoever else is involved regarding this kind of product (though I will say that DarthMickeyMoose kind of touched upon this very simple precept that dictates licensing here.)

And that is: "Every licensing deal is different." That's it. End of story.

So, if one is acquainted with a relative in the toy industry, or someone in Lucasfilm, or wherever else where one may be able to give you some basic insight on the "toy biz", well, they can point you in the right direction to knowing if certain scenarios are possible... but, if you don't know the specifics of the deal in question, then there wouldn't be a finite answer on any of this kind of stuff.

Interesting though, that I just learned from this thread that GG has a special relationship with Hasbro---so, I'll assume, just like any other business networking, that GG has a lot more going for it as far as what they might be able to do as opposed to "the next guy" interested licensor... and, what they could do, could be anything.... that is, if GG gets the right permission, from the right people (apparently Hasbro) for whatever specific item they'd be interested in making (potentially these 6-inch vintage style figures).

That said: Conjecture aside, I just hope the Force is with us, and they DO make these 6-inch vintage figures for around a $30 price point---that would be SWEEET!

At this point, during this period of pure speculation, it's not a wild idea to think that GG will release a line 6-inch scanned vintage SW figures for an affordable price close to what Hasbro is selling their for---maybe $30?

Hope, hope, hope ;)

DarthMickeyMoose
01-14-2015, 03:44 PM
I've lurked here a long time, and was very interested in this thread---the conjecture and all... so, it encouraged me to register, and post my thoughts.

Risking me, myself being wrong... at the moment, I'm going to state that I believe no one has really come close to the bottom line arrangement between Disney, Hasbro, GG, Lucasfilm and whoever else is involved regarding this kind of product (though I will say that DarthMickeyMoose kind of touched upon this very simple precept that dictates licensing here.)

And that is: "Every licensing deal is different." That's it. End of story.

So, if one is acquainted with a relative in the toy industry, or someone in Lucasfilm, or wherever else where one may be able to give you some basic insight on the "toy biz", well, they can point you in the right direction to knowing if certain scenarios are possible... but, if you don't know the specifics of the deal in question, then there wouldn't be a finite answer on any of this kind of stuff.

Interesting though, that I just learned from this thread that GG has a special relationship with Hasbro---so, I'll assume, just like any other business networking, that GG has a lot more going for it as far as what they might be able to do as opposed to "the next guy" interested licensor... and, what they could do, could be anything.... that is, if GG gets the right permission, from the right people (apparently Hasbro) for whatever specific item they'd be interested in making (potentially these 6-inch vintage style figures).

That said: Conjecture aside, I just hope the Force is with us, and they DO make these 6-inch vintage figures for around a $30 price point---that would be SWEEET!

At this point, during this period of pure speculation, it's not a wild idea to think that GG will release a line 6-inch scanned vintage SW figures for an affordable price close to what Hasbro is selling their for---maybe $30?

Hope, hope, hope ;)

Welcome aboard! :) I to hope the figures if they ever make them in 6" size would be at a reasonable price point. They would do well. If they worked out the bugs that the 12" had" including but not limited to, wrong colors, Bad paint apps, wrong size, capes etc. I would bet the farm though if we see them made they'll be sky high.

GGC
01-14-2015, 04:32 PM

Hope, hope, hope ;)

I think that could be possible, as long as it's done as "Kenner" style like they do the 12", and as long as they secure the rights to that. They coined the "Vintage Jumbo" for the 3 3/4" to 12", so it's certainly possible if they wanted to, they could do "Double Size Vintage" (using that name as an example) and put them out just like the 12" are now, but in 6" and in the $40 MSRP range. Remeber they also have "Life Size" now, so none of really know what was included in the deal to product the Vintage Line of items, maybe other sizes were bundled in.

cayman_shen
01-15-2015, 06:45 AM
I think that could be possible, as long as it's done as "Kenner" style like they do the 12", and as long as they secure the rights to that. They coined the "Vintage Jumbo" for the 3 3/4" to 12", so it's certainly possible if they wanted to, they could do "Double Size Vintage" (using that name as an example) and put them out just like the 12" are now, but in 6" and in the $40 MSRP range. Remeber they also have "Life Size" now, so none of really know what was included in the deal to product the Vintage Line of items, maybe other sizes were bundled in.

$40 for a 6", 5 POA figure is beyond the pale. $25 TOPS, and that's with shipping. At 40, I'd just buy ACTUAL vintage toys.

AaylaSecurasMan
01-15-2015, 11:01 AM
$40 for a 6", 5 POA figure is beyond the pale. $25 TOPS, and that's with shipping. At 40, I'd just buy ACTUAL vintage toys.

^ Loose vintage toys

I have said before that based on the pricing for jumbo figures, I expect these to be in the $30-$45 range.

GGC
01-15-2015, 01:35 PM

The $40 came from the idea that the MSRP on the 12" is $80, I just cut that in half. The 12" at $80 MSRP do well so I can't see them going under that.

Shabby_Blue
01-17-2015, 05:19 PM
I agree. $40 would probably be the asking price for these. $30 would be nicer though. But there's no way GG is going to offer them for the same $20 price as Hasbro's 6" Black Series figures. These would be aimed at a much smaller niche market of collectors, produced in smaller numbers, and therefore requiring a higher MSRP.

All conjecture aside, I think we'll have a definitive answer on these in just a few short weeks at February's Toy Fair. Teasing a 6" Boba Fett in that video was no accident, regardless of any denials GG has made about a 6" line since them. They just aren't ready yet to make an official announcement about these.

Rod
01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Sitting here...just shaking my head. :wtf:

Are you really surprised? The surprising thing is they had not thought of this already.....

GGC
01-20-2015, 11:13 AM
All conjecture aside, I think we'll have a definitive answer on these in just a few short weeks at February's Toy Fair. Teasing a 6" Boba Fett in that video was no accident, regardless of any denials GG has made about a 6" line since them. They just aren't ready yet to make an official announcement about these.

GG has not been at NYTF for a while now, they may send Diamond some items for the booth, but I would think if they plan to announce something, it will be a Thursday like they normally do with a blast to press and then followed up with the mass email to PGMs. Quite possible we will see something at SDCC though.

TWinbrook46636
01-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Hasbro came out with a 3-" vintage style rocket-firing Boba Fett a few years back so maybe they are doing it again for their 6" line? The Hasbro 6" line is produced in conjunction with Gentle Giant. In addition to licensing issues Gentle Giant just started up a new line of jumbo 12" G.I. Joe figures so I doubt they are switching to 6" going forward.