PDA

View Full Version : Pointy R5 dome

Kalsh
11-12-2014, 01:01 AM
How intent are you all in seeing the pointier R5 dome from the prequels? Since Hasbro is still using the build-a-droid mold (which I love since kit-bashing droids is just good, clean fun), it seems like adding this one piece to their options should not be cost prohibitive. But if collectors don't care, maybe their tooling dollars would be better off somewhere else. It's not like we demanded the pointy dome in Rebelscum's 2014 survey.

And since you're thinking about BAD parts, which would you prefer: the pointy R5 dome that would go with R5-X2 and G8-R9 or the double-eye R5 dome like the Star Tours R5-D2 has?

So what do you think? Thanks!

darthsatan
11-15-2014, 05:16 AM
The variation was unintentional, just the result of inattention to detail by prop makers. As for toys, that ship has sailed long ago. R5-X2 got cancelled.

Kalsh
11-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I read that it was unintentional. Do you care that prequel R5 units don't have the pointy dome, unintentional though it may have been?

darthsatan
11-18-2014, 03:16 AM
I used to. Now? I'm grateful for what we have and wouldn't bother buying any re-released corrections.

DarthVader
11-23-2014, 12:56 AM
The variation was unintentional, just the result of inattention to detail by prop makers. As for toys, that ship has sailed long ago. R5-X2 got cancelled.

Yeah, too bad about B.A.D. version of R5-X2. You can still find the remote control toy version though.