PDA

View Full Version : How to properly remove cardbacks?

llmercll
09-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Hello!

I'm wondering how to properly remove cardbacks so they do not get damaged. This pretty much applies to the 3.75" black series figures.

If there a way to heat the glue along the edges or cut it out completely?

Thank you!

Nibcrom
09-08-2014, 12:06 PM
I like to cut off the bubble with a pocket knife. It leaves the base of the bubble behind, but prevents the cardback from ripping or tearing.

darthsatan
09-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Carefully use a sharp knife to cut around the bubble edge, leaving the glued/ flat part attached to the card itself.

Then chuck the card in the recycling and enjoy your TOY as it was meant to be enjoyed! :awesome:

bigbarada
09-09-2014, 10:02 PM
If you're talking about the 3.75" Black Series figures, then just hold the cardback in one hand and gently shake it. The bubble should fall right off with no problems at all. :grin:

GNT
09-10-2014, 04:34 AM
If you're talking about the 3.75" Black Series figures, then just hold the cardback in one hand and gently shake it. The bubble should fall right off with no problems at all. :grin:

Shaking sounds like a lot of effort, I just look at the bubbles and they fall off :p

llmercll
09-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Haha, that was the case for one of them, but the others I've bought are a bit more difficult to remove than that =p

So basically cutting the bubble along the base with a sharp blade is the best solution? Applying heat or any other method (that I'm not creative enough to think of) doesn't work as well?

darthsatan
09-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Certainly fire is always an option if you are not into recycling, but your plastic will tend to melt.