PDA

View Full Version : Biff Bang Pow - The Big Bang Theory Action Figures

DarkArtist
08-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Just received my SDCC TBBT Sheldon Cooper action figure and I'm actually kinda disappointed in the quality of the paint applications for this. I'm hoping that due to the high demand for these figures from SDCC (at least that's what Entertainment Earth explained was the reason for the delay in the figure being shipped). The paint applications on mine make Sheldon look like he is Gorbachev.

I'm hoping that this is just a one time only thing and the quality will be improved as the rest of the line gets released. This is one of my favorite TV shows and I've been wanting figures of them since Season 1.

Koth
08-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Any pics? Never heard of these.

SITHLORD1963
08-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Heard of them but only seen prototypes so unsighted on the articulation. Would also like to see pics, preferably with a comparison against other 3.75" figures.

E_CHU_TA
08-18-2014, 09:25 AM
yeah the prototype pics ive seen didn't look bad, I hope they look ok when they actually come out.

doubledown
08-18-2014, 09:04 PM
2014 New York Toy Fair - Bif Bang Pow Big Bang Theory Figures - - Action Figures Toys News ToyNewsI.com (http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=21969)

I cant wait for these either!!

DarkArtist
08-21-2014, 08:43 AM
I have pics up on my Twitter account @SwChamp of Sheldon with various 3.75" figures ranging from Funko/ReAction to Hasbro SW.

eagerly awaiting the rest of the figures to go up for pre-order. I'm really hoping that they continue the line in the future and perhaps make a 3.75 3D plastic playset of Sheldon and Leonards apartment.

gijigsaw
08-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Looking forward to these as well. Just purchased Sheldon on Ebay. Wonder when the rest are coming out. I purchased the BBP Twilight Zone figures. Love them. Though the paint schemes were easy - black, white, grey. :-)

Koth
08-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Love them. Gotta get.

DarkArtist
08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
i started a new series of pics on my twitter account featuring the adventures of TBBT Sheldon meeting other figures from the realm of 3.75". so far I have pics ranging from Doctor Who, to Star Wars, Axe-Cop to Star Trek, Back to the Future to the Goonies....

going to start working on pictures with Transformers and G.I. Joe. I really can't wait till the rest of TBBT series of figures come out as I want them all including the multiple versions of Sheldon.

thinking of trying to build a 1;18th scale living room set for Sheldon to interact with all the action figures as well.

gijigsaw
08-26-2014, 11:28 AM
just got Sheldon.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o493/gijigsaw/sheldon1_zps56a00d69.jpg

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o493/gijigsaw/sheldon2_zps00f91506.jpg

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o493/gijigsaw/sheldon3_zpsf6f0b62e.jpg

BIGJIM
08-26-2014, 11:41 AM
These are awesome.

DarkArtist
08-26-2014, 12:49 PM
i just want these released already... i believe I remember hearing about TBBT figures in 3.75" format back in NYCC 2013. I was hoping that they would have already hit the stores by now.

i really hope that they make variant figures of Bernadette and Penny in their Cheescake Factory uniforms and they could even make variant figures of the rest of the cast similiar to Sheldon in various outfits etc.

gijigsaw
08-26-2014, 01:03 PM
they could even make variant figures of the rest of the cast similiar to Sheldon in various outfits etc.

Sky's the limit for Howard with all his crazy outfits.

A great exclusive pack would be when they are dressed up as super heroes for Halloween. Wasn't there an episode where they are all dressed as the Flash?

BIGJIM
08-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Wasn't there an episode where they are all dressed as the Flash?

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100922/Big-Bang-Theory-flash_400.jpg

SITHLORD1963
08-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Oh!

Hate to sound negative about one of my favourite shows and I could probably live with the limited articulation and the fact that these look shorter (i.e. close to true 3.75" scale) but the paint apps on that Sheldon are way off unless Missy has taken another form of revenge.

Masterfett
08-26-2014, 09:50 PM
2014 New York Toy Fair - Bif Bang Pow Big Bang Theory Figures - - Action Figures Toys News ToyNewsI.com (http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=21969)

I cant wait for these either!!
So right, these can't come soon enough! Also, will finally have some new female fodder to use for a Pepper Potts figure!
It's also funny that it says Collect them all, and there are like 5 versions of Sheldon! :grin:
Can't decid whether I want the Flash or Green Lantern more.

DarkArtist
08-28-2014, 08:50 AM
http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100922/Big-Bang-Theory-flash_400.jpg

Loved this episode and a box set of the cast dressed as the Justice League would be epic. Howard as Batman, Leonard as Green Lantern, Sheldon as the Flash, Raj as Aquaman, Penny as Wonderwoman and Zack as Superman. count me in for that.

Oh!

Hate to sound negative about one of my favourite shows and I could probably live with the limited articulation and the fact that these look shorter (i.e. close to true 3.75" scale) but the paint apps on that Sheldon are way off unless Missy has taken another form of revenge.

i agree with the paint apps on Sheldon. Mine has a huge spot on his head. Makes him look like Gorbachev. hopefully these paint apps improve done the road. I'm also kinda worried about the prototype for Leonard as he looks like he's wearing sunglasses instead of regular glasses.

So right, these can't come soon enough! Also, will finally have some new female fodder to use for a Pepper Potts figure!
It's also funny that it says Collect them all, and there are like 5 versions of Sheldon! :grin:
Can't decid whether I want the Flash or Green Lantern more.

I want all 5 versions of Sheldon just to have. and I really hope they do something like this for Leonard as well. I'm really looking forward to getting Penny and Bernadette though. definately like the concept of getting custom fodder for Pepper Potts as well. it's funny but we need more female action figures.

Jay_the_Lesser
08-29-2014, 02:58 AM
Oh!

Hate to be negative also, but I'll join you. Sheldon looks like crap! Are you kidding me?

I hear the lifeline of this line slowly beating.

Masterfett
08-29-2014, 07:14 PM
I hope not, we already lost a good fodder (TBD) line too early!

DarkArtist
10-20-2014, 09:43 AM
received a Tweet from Bif Bang Pow the other day and they said that the figures will be up for Pre-Order on EE in January. Hopefully this means the rest of the cast will be available as well.

I still see that the 8" Penny Mego style figure is still awaiting final approvals.

Masterfett
10-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I've been wondering when these would be available, but January. That's a long wait, what exactly am I supposed to buy between now and then! :'(

DarkArtist
10-22-2014, 08:34 AM
i hear you loud and clear Masterfett. I'm hoping that Bif Bang Pow remembers all the free advertising i did for them with my SDCC Sheldon on Twitter and they send me an advanced wave of figures to advertise for them.

Bolingbroke
10-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Weh, that Sheldon figure sucks. These toys come, what, 6 years too late? The show is in its death throes. Wish US shows were more like UK ones, 2-3 seasons max and that's it. More quality that way. Still wish they'd do that Lego Cusoo living room set, though.

Masterfett
10-23-2014, 03:14 PM
^ Yeah, tell that to Dr. Who! :grin:

But I agree, waiting this long to do figures seems odd really. Especially if they don't have good sculp. Truthfully I do still enjoy BBT, but I can't see it lasting more than a few more years. I don't watch first run episodes anymore, catch reruns or on demand.

Bolingbroke
10-24-2014, 01:32 AM
True, but dr who is the exception to the rule. All the others, the office (2 seasons), life on mard (1), the thick of it (3) ...

E_CHU_TA
10-24-2014, 10:48 AM
True, but dr who is the exception to the rule. All the others, the office (2 seasons), life on mard (1), the thick of it (3) ...

I get what you are saying about more quality and I know usually people say the British versions are better than the American remakes. but I personally usually like the American remakes BECAUSE we get more time to really get to know the characters. I would think it sucks if all the shows I like only had 1 or 2 seasons, of course a lot of the shows I like get cancelled after only 1 or 2 seasons anyway.

Bolingbroke
10-25-2014, 05:06 PM
5-6 is good, I think. Sopranos-sized, BB, Mad Men etc. I just hope this silly 'last season split into two short seasons' doesn't catch on.

Masterfett
10-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Personally, I believe the UK versions are generally better. For the simple fact they hire talented people. It seems Hollywood just hires over the top **** females to look pretty, and to lure in an audience.

doubledown
12-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Whats the word on a release date for these?

Masterfett
12-02-2014, 08:48 PM
I was wondering that too. Boy I sure hope these weren't canned before they even got a chance.

Koth
01-15-2015, 06:32 AM
... I know usually people say the British versions are better than the American remakes.

I think its generally the remake is not successful. Brighton Belles was a remake of The Golden Girls and didn't get past 1 episode. However, the UK version of Who's the Boss was really successful.

I think the American networks tend to remake more than UK with a higher fail rate. (Red Dwarf, Broadchurch etc)

Bolingbroke
01-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Life on Mars US was quite bad.

E_CHU_TA
01-17-2015, 03:24 AM
I think its generally the remake is not successful. Brighton Belles was a remake of The Golden Girls and didn't get past 1 episode. However, the UK version of Who's the Boss was really successful.

I think the American networks tend to remake more than UK with a higher fail rate. (Red Dwarf, Broadchurch etc)

there was an American remake of red dwarf? and there is a uk whos the boss? man I like to see all this stuff just out of curiosity.

SaveALemming
01-19-2015, 01:39 AM
there was an American remake of red dwarf? and there is a uk whos the boss? man I like to see all this stuff just out of curiosity.

The American Red Dwarf(s) were pretty lousy. I think I laughed maybe twice during the longer of the two pilots. (Well, there was one pilot and then one edit-together promo thing) They're easy enough to find on YouTube I think. One notable moment is a bit early on when Kryten is lost when boarding the ship and his spare head tells him which way he should have gone: Kryten tells him to be quiet then pauses before saying a line about hating backseat drivers. In that pause, you can almost hear Robert Llewellyn's brain saying, "I am not going to say this line. Am I going to say this line? Ohh God, I can't believe they're making me say this line."

Koth
01-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Youtube 'The upper hand' It stars Joe McGann, brother of Paul.

gijigsaw
01-24-2015, 04:25 PM
I keep thinking there is new info here and the discussion continues on British television. Sigh. No biggie - just keeping getting my hopes up.

DarkArtist
01-28-2015, 10:12 AM
I was told by Bif Bang Pow that the figures should be going up for pre-order any day now. I'm hoping that they will be up by the end of the month but with only 3 days left in January I'm not keeping my hopes up. I'd really be curious if they are going to release the complete set or just a few at a time.

I'm really curious as to how the Sheldon chase figures are going to work. I believe there is something like 4 different shirt variations in addition to the SDCC version.

Bolingbroke
01-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Meanwhile, Michael Crawford voted the sheldon figure worst 4 inch toy of 2014.

DarkArtist
01-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Meanwhile, Michael Crawford voted the sheldon figure worst 4 inch toy of 2014.

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence as I love the look of the SDCC Sheldon figure. I'm eagerly awaiting this line.

Masterfett
01-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm really curious as to how the Sheldon chase figures are going to work. I believe there is something like 4 different shirt variations in addition to the SDCC version.
Considering, my only access to this line will be Online. I hope it's not too Horrendous to get the ones I want, while not getting stuck with 4 each of the other figures too.

DarkArtist
01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
this is an email I received from Bif Bang Pow in regards to the upcoming Big Bang Theory Action figures (which are still not available yet for pre-order on EE)

Hi Jeff. Below are theanswers to your questions about The Big Bang Theory 3 3/4-inch figures.
1.) Areall the figures going to be released as a set or are they going to be releasedseparately?
They are released as a caseassortment for wholesale and will sell individually on retail.
2.) Howare the shirt variations for the Sheldon figure going to be handled? Is itgoing to be a blind bag type of promotion or will we be able to order the oneswe want directly from Entertainment Earth
There are 4 shirtvariations and they will be limited and numbered. Each style will bedifferent in the edition size. We will post this on the site on Tuesday2/3.
3.) Depending on the successof the first series / wave of figures are there plans to make more charactersfrom the show or have more convention exclusives like the SDCC Sheldon?
We are working on a Series 2set to be announced later.
Fans are looking atpossibly getting a set of the main cast in their Superhero costumes: Sheldon asthe Flash, Leonard as Green Lantern, Raj as Aquaman, Howard as Batman, Zak asSuperman and Penny as Wonderwoman.
We would love todo these but I cannot comment on whether they are in the works or not.

so we already have a series 2 being developed and the shirt variations for Sheldon sound like they are going to be limited depending on design but no clue as to how they are going to handle it.

here's hoping that these start showing up soon.

Bolingbroke
01-30-2015, 06:33 PM
I guess I'm on the other side of the fence as I love the look of the SDCC Sheldon figure. I'm eagerly awaiting this line.

http://www.mwctoys.com/images2/review_eesheldon_3.jpg

Good god, are we talking about the same figure? Do you work for biff bang pow by any chance? :p

DarkArtist
01-30-2015, 07:02 PM
http://www.mwctoys.com/images2/review_eesheldon_3.jpg

Good god, are we talking about the same figure? Do you work for biff bang pow by any chance? :p
no I don't work for Bif Bang Pow. I'm sorry your figure had bad paint apps. Mine looks a lot better then this figure.

Either way way everyone is entitled to their opinion. You seem to dislike yours while I love mine

Masterfett
01-31-2015, 01:34 AM
Boy that looks bad, maybe they got it mixed up with drag-queen Sheldon?

I sure hope they turn out better than that, or it will be a very short run.

E_CHU_TA
01-31-2015, 03:52 AM
DarkArtist would you mind posting a photo of yours?

Bolingbroke
01-31-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah. There's opinion, and there's fact :) pic!

gijigsaw
02-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Doesn't look like he got dropped in a blender.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o493/gijigsaw/sheldon3_zpsf6f0b62e.jpg

DarkArtist
02-01-2015, 09:05 AM
I have tons of pics of Sheldon on my Twitter feed @swchamp.

Bolingbroke
02-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Nothing that's gonna win any awards is it? The face isn't too clear from the twitter feed or the above picture, but it's clear that your sheldon has yellow bleeding on his arm. I think Ill stick with the soon to be released Lego Ideas set :)

DarkArtist
02-01-2015, 10:15 PM
In any case... I happen to be a big fan of the figure and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of Wave 1 as well as the shirt variations of Sheldon and I eagerly await seeing what's in store for series 2.

Im sorry yours came out looking bad Boilingbroke.

DarkArtist
02-03-2015, 01:39 PM
all the figures are currently up for pre-order on EE now. all of the Sheldon's are listed individually as well so you can pick and choose which T-Shirt version you would like. sadly they are not coming out till May though :(

just got the confirmation from Bif Bang Pow through my Twitter feed.

already ordered myself a complete set of all the figures including extra's of Penny and Bernadette for custom work.

DarkArtist
02-11-2015, 08:31 AM
picked up a set of the EE Exclusive Big Bang Theory Minimates sets. these are super cool and cute at the same time. each set comes with 4 figures (2 different versions of Sheldon) a couch and interchangeable accessories.

E_CHU_TA
02-15-2015, 10:45 PM
this is the only picture I cant find, but it looks like wave 2 will be in classic trek uniforms.
https://www.facebook.com/ActionFigureInsider/photos/a.99632831425.101115.97060971425/10152599540331426/?type=1&theater
I already think these look much better than the reaction trek figures.

Masterfett
02-16-2015, 01:39 AM
And it appears that wave 2 is losing some articulation, compared to wave 1. Which is sad, think of the Customs we could have had!

E_CHU_TA
02-16-2015, 10:36 PM
did wave one have more articulation? I haven't seen them yet in person. with the amount of reaction fans I see complaining about too much articulation on the other retro lines I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

gijigsaw
02-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Wave one was only 5POA...didn't notice that before.

Masterfett
02-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Sure? The pics I remember looking at had elbow joints.

DarkArtist
02-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Sure? The pics I remember looking at had elbow joints.

I think the prototypes were going to have elbow joints but they took those out. the SDCC Sheldon doesn't have elbow articulation. still the Wave 2 Star Trek line looks good.

my_kind_of_scum
05-05-2015, 09:23 AM
They did away with the elbow articulation? Ugh. I may have to cancel my preorders. So tired of the retro style... (I know, I know.)

DarkArtist
05-27-2015, 08:21 AM
well the line got pushed back to June release now. hopefully they will be here soon. I'm really looking forward to these figures.

I also order a couple of the SDCC SNL figures from EE. perhaps the head sculpts will make for some good custom fodder. the Tina fey figure could be as can Amy Poehler's. not sure what I'll do with the bodies of the figures yet

Masterfett
05-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Not sure I'll commit to them now. At first yeah, but the limited articulation than what was previously shown. And the delay doesn't help. I really only wanted them for fodder anyways, but now I feel less like doing the project I once considered.
These delays really hurt IMO.

DarkArtist
06-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Not sure I'll commit to them now. At first yeah, but the limited articulation than what was previously shown. And the delay doesn't help. I really only wanted them for fodder anyways, but now I feel less like doing the project I once considered.
These delays really hurt IMO.

I still want them but I agree with the delays. I hate when product is constantly pushed back as it affects sales in the long run. now I fear for the wave 2 Star Trek versions that they showed.

DarkArtist
06-05-2015, 09:31 AM
got an email from EE and Bif Bang Pow that they will have an SDCC exclusive Sheldon and Stewart 2 pack for sale and the diorama will be Stewart's Comic Book store. already placed my order for this set at EE.

Atari
06-05-2015, 09:35 AM
I went ahead and ordered the exclusive set, but am disappointed that Bif Bang is scaling everything back to 5POA. Elbows really help make more interesting poses.

DarkArtist
06-10-2015, 08:10 AM
personally I wish Bif Bang Pow would go full articulation similar to Hasbro's SW line. this way the articulation adds more play factor to the figures. either way I'm beyond stoked to be getting a TBBT figure line.

I just wish they would start shipping them already.

DarkArtist
06-30-2015, 07:18 AM
looks like these got pushed back to August now :( I hate the delays in these figures....

Masterfett
07-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Well, more than likely I pass on them now. After the wait I may not find i really nee them as much as I thought. I'm already on the fence right now. But if they were available right now, it's more incentive to buy now. Waiting just puts me that much further from buying.

DarkArtist
07-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I still want these regardless. I waited a long time for the SDCC version of Sheldon to surface. I think I finally had him in hand late August/September. I just wish that things didn't keep getting pushed back and back. I already have the complete wave on order as well as the SDCC exclusive Sheldon and Stewart 2 pack, and I'm really hoping that pre-orders will start up soon for TBBT Star Trek wave.

VideoViper
07-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Let's hope that the figures show up before the new season turns us off.
(Didn't really enjoy last season as you may have guessed.)

DarkArtist
07-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Let's hope that the figures show up before the new season turns us off.
(Didn't really enjoy last season as you may have guessed.)

what was wrong with last season that you didn't enjoy? the only problem I had with it was Penny's new hairstyle. I'm eager to see what happens with Sheldon and Amy

Bolingbroke
07-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Penny's new hairstyle is the least of the show's problems.

VideoViper
07-09-2015, 11:15 AM
what was wrong with last season that you didn't enjoy? the only problem I had with it was Penny's new hairstyle. I'm eager to see what happens with Sheldon and Amy

Just wasn't as funny, wife wasn't watching it at all (She started me on the show as a passive way to make fun of me :) ) I like that some of the characters are moving on in their lives, (Looking at you Friends, by the end we hated you!) But there were a few why am I watching this moments.

With a young kid at home I do need to go out of my way to keep up with a show.

doubledown
07-10-2015, 03:36 PM

Umm, thats Shamy to you sir... :)

DarkArtist
07-21-2015, 10:12 AM
should have the SDCC Stewart and Sheldon set hopefully by tomorrow. now here's hoping that the rest of TBBT figures start to ship soon. I'm bummed that they were pushed back till August.

DarkArtist
07-23-2015, 12:43 PM
I finally got the SDCC Sheldon and Stewart set today. the set is cool, Stewart is a little funky and seems very short for an action figure. I haven't put together the pop up comic book store diorama yet but it looks neat.

the box for the set reveals an upcoming ST:TNG away party set featuring Sheldon as Data, Leonard as Picard, Raj as Worf and Howard as the Borg. looks pretty neat so far.

can't wait for the rest of Wave 1 to finally ship. I'm really looking forward to getting them. I know at TF they showed a series 2 with the cast in classic Star Trek TV series uniforms so here's hoping that they get made.

Utinniii
07-23-2015, 01:37 PM
I love the show, but last season wasn't as hilarious as previous seasons. IMHO, It was funny, but more chuckles and less guffaws.
I love the ST versions. They would fin in ST or SW dioramas seamlessly.
I'd also consider getting them as Justice League characters it that ever happens.

DarkArtist
07-24-2015, 07:19 AM
I love the show, but last season wasn't as hilarious as previous seasons. IMHO, It was funny, but more chuckles and less guffaws.
I love the ST versions. They would fin in ST or SW dioramas seamlessly.
I'd also consider getting them as Justice League characters it that ever happens.

I contacted bifbangpow on the concept of the group as the Justice League and they said it's a set they really want to do and they are working on it but it might not happen due to copyrights from the WB.

I'd be all for a convention exclusive of Bob Newhart as Sheldon's Spirit Jedi. they could even make an exclusive SW set that has a James Earl Jones figure as well as Carrie Fisher.

doubledown
07-24-2015, 02:07 PM
JEJ and CF
That would be awesome!!!!

DarkArtist
08-10-2015, 08:44 AM
looks like the figures were pushed back till September now. I'm really getting annoyed at the delays in these figures. I don't understand how you can show prototypes for these figures back in February as well as a second series of figures, so now exclusive set for SDCC and then 1 month before SDCC reveal and exclusive 2 pack and those figures are produced before the rest of the original first wave.

if these figures keep getting pushed back further and further I fear for the future of these action figures...makes me wonder if we will ever see the series 2 Star Trek versions or the exclusive 4 Back STTNG landing party set

Atari
08-10-2015, 10:17 AM
The only things they seem to release are the SDCC exclusives. They delayed the KISS and Twilight Zone regular figures also.

Masterfett
08-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Maybe they realized how bad looking they were, and decided to fix them.

DarkArtist
08-11-2015, 07:17 AM
I sent an email to the company yesterday and here's both my question and their reply:

Question:
Good Afternoon,

I was just curious if you could provide anyinformation as to why the Big Bang Theory action figures keep getting pushedback month to month. I remember back at Toy Fair 2014 seeing the prototypes& being super excited about finally getting a collection of 3.75”Action figures based on one of my favorite sitcoms and since then I’ve beensitting on edge waiting for that awesome email from www.EntertainmentEarth.com (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/) that the figureshave finally arrived and are being shipped. As of today I noticed that theyhave once again been pushed back another month till September. Is there aproblem with the production of these figures? The likeness rights? I post oftenon several toy websites as well as Twitter and have fans worried that thesefigures will never be released.

As a concerned fan I’m just curious if there arestill plans to release a second wave of figures (based on a photo from Toy Fair2015) in their Star Trek uniforms or if the image on the back of the recentSDCC set showing the main cast in their Star Trek The Next Generation LandingParty costumes will get made as well.

Fans really want these but I find more and morethat the longer they are pushed back the less interest in kept. I already knowof at least 50 people that I talk with that have either cancelled their ordersor have lost interest in the line all together.

I still remain a fan and look forward to the daythat I can finally own these great looking figures and write up a review onthem.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

A Loyal Bif Bang Pow & The Big Bang TheoryFan

Answer:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your emailand your business. The good news is that the 3 3/4 inch figures that arecurrently listed on Entertainment Earth are in production and are on the way. Items shown at Toy Fair are - as you know - prototypes and may or may notmake it to market based on many factors.

And while we hate havingcustomers cancel items, these delays are completley out of our hands. Weare in business to sell merchandise, so if we don't have items to sell, wecan't make money. Our goal is to bring product to market but it must meedthe rigourous demands of our licensors and our own internal quality control.

Thank you again for yourinquire and patience.

-Jason

Regards,
Jason Labowitz
1-877-BIF-BANG (243-2264) x802

bifbangpow.com (http://bifbangpow.com/)

twitter.com/bifbangpow (http://twitter.com/bifbangpow)

VideoViper
08-11-2015, 07:57 AM
I sent an email to the company yesterday and here's both my question and their reply:

Question:
Good Afternoon,

I was just curious if you could provide anyinformation as to why the Big Bang Theory action figures keep getting pushedback month to month. I remember back at Toy Fair 2014 seeing the prototypes& being super excited about finally getting a collection of 3.75”Action figures based on one of my favorite sitcoms and since then I’ve beensitting on edge waiting for that awesome email from www.EntertainmentEarth.com (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/) that the figureshave finally arrived and are being shipped. As of today I noticed that theyhave once again been pushed back another month till September. Is there aproblem with the production of these figures? The likeness rights? I post oftenon several toy websites as well as Twitter and have fans worried that thesefigures will never be released.

As a concerned fan I’m just curious if there arestill plans to release a second wave of figures (based on a photo from Toy Fair2015) in their Star Trek uniforms or if the image on the back of the recentSDCC set showing the main cast in their Star Trek The Next Generation LandingParty costumes will get made as well.

Fans really want these but I find more and morethat the longer they are pushed back the less interest in kept. I already knowof at least 50 people that I talk with that have either cancelled their ordersor have lost interest in the line all together.

I still remain a fan and look forward to the daythat I can finally own these great looking figures and write up a review onthem.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

A Loyal Bif Bang Pow & The Big Bang TheoryFan

Answer:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your emailand your business. The good news is that the 3 3/4 inch figures that arecurrently listed on Entertainment Earth are in production and are on the way. Items shown at Toy Fair are - as you know - prototypes and may or may notmake it to market based on many factors.

And while we hate havingcustomers cancel items, these delays are completley out of our hands. Weare in business to sell merchandise, so if we don't have items to sell, wecan't make money. Our goal is to bring product to market but it must meedthe rigourous demands of our licensors and our own internal quality control.

Thank you again for yourinquire and patience.

-Jason

Regards,
Jason Labowitz
1-877-BIF-BANG (243-2264) x802

bifbangpow.com (http://bifbangpow.com/)

twitter.com/bifbangpow (http://twitter.com/bifbangpow)

Translation we use the same factory as Marauders Inc. o-o

DarkArtist
08-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Translation we use the same factory as Marauders Inc. o-o

and answer the questions like Hasbro! lol

DarkArtist
09-22-2015, 10:39 AM
pushed back till October now.... :( UGH. I'm really starting to get upset with the constant delays of these figures.

DarkArtist
10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
just saw on EE.com that the figures have been pushed back to November. just sent a message to Bif Bang Pow and hoping to get a response soon. I really hope these figures come out in 2015

DarkArtist
10-20-2015, 10:56 AM
just got an email from Bif Bang Pow in regards to TBBT figures.... so good news and some bad news (no STNG figures :( )

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your email.

Re: The Big Bang Theory 3 3/4" action figure Series 1(regular outfits) these are due at port very soon so pending customs release wehope to have these within the next week or so to ship out. We apologizefor the continued delay of these figures. We have incurred a variety ofunexpected and unanticipated delays which caused us to push these back,however, we are very excited they will be here soon and in time for theholidays.

Re: The Big Bang in TOS outfits - we are anticipatingthese to be here Q1 2016 in time for the Star Trek 50th Anniversary.

Re: The Big Bang in TNG outfits - Unfortunately, thesehave been cancelled from our line for a variety of reasons. However, stay tunedto next year…we do have some additional exciting figures planned.

I hope the above answers all your questions. Thank you for yourbusiness! Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Jodie Winters
Brand Manager

Masterfett
10-21-2015, 05:42 PM
And with that, I've decided against any of them. I was really looking forward to the TNG versions. And then I wanted Sheldon in Flash and GL, but as it seem touch and go already. I doubt I'd have any luck finding them anyway. lol

Oh well, just one more line not to be worried about.

DarkArtist
10-25-2015, 02:38 PM
They are finally in stock at EE.COM. Just got my shipping notice :). I'm bummed about the cancellation of TNG set though.

Krilzedlim
10-25-2015, 11:04 PM
FINALLY, so I guess BBTS should get them in in the next few days then

Professor
10-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Anyone have actual pics of these out of the package?

DarkArtist
11-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Anyone have actual pics of these out of the package?

I'll try to post some pictures later tonight if I get the chance. I'm kinda bummed on the articulation of Penny, Amy and Bernadette. they have 3 points of articulation (the legs have some movement but the skirts are molded together around the legs making it impossible to have have the figures sit. Raj also suffers in articulation as well as the jacket/sweater vest prevents him from sitting completely down as well (I'm guessing Leonard is the same as Raj in this aspect).

the 4 Sheldons look the same as the SDCC Hawkman version. Howard is a decent figure.

after waiting so long for these figures I'm kinda bummed on how they turned out, but I'm at least thankful to have 3.75" action figures of one of my favorite shows. I might buy an extra set of them and try to make STNG versions of them since Biff Bang Pow announced that they had to cancel that series.

DarkArtist
11-04-2015, 10:37 PM
I have pictures both loose and carded up on my Twitter feed. @swchamp

Professor
11-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Penny looks terrible.

DarkArtist
11-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Penny looks terrible.

yeah the face came out bad, the articulation on her is on the weak side.... it's a sonic weld body where the legs pop out fairly easy and she really only has 3 points of articulation. the legs are ball jointed into the torso. Bernadette and Amy suffer from this type of Articulation as well.

on the plus side the head for Penny, Bernadette and Amy are ball joint so there is hope for some custom work.

I'm in the process of making some ST TNG figures of TBBT since Bif Bang Pow stated that they had to cancel that wave do to several issues (I'm guessing licensing rights perhaps and actor likeness rights)

DarkArtist
11-17-2015, 11:09 AM
started making my custom ST TNG figures from the Big Bang Theory and I'm working on also making versions of Penny, Bernadette and Amy in ST TNG uniforms (using the Tasha Yar Galoob figure.)

I'm also thinking of adding Stewart to the ST TNG line up as well as perhaps trying to make a custom Wil Wheaton / Wesley Crusher figure. (just not sure what to use as the head.) I think Howard is going to be the hardest figure to customize into the Borg character. going to be a lot of work to transform him.

SITHLORD1963
11-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Any chance of pics on this forum? Been waiting for these to hit the UK (probably Forbidden Planet) for a while now!

VideoViper
11-18-2015, 03:05 PM
courtesy of the fighting 118th

http://www.118archive.com/images/118/big_bang_theory/extras/misc/bbt_crew.jpg

More pictures: Big Bang Theory - 3 3/4" Retro figures - Page 2 - The Fighting 1:18th (http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/all-other-toys/8573-bang-theory-3-3-4-retro-figures-2.html)

SITHLORD1963
11-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks. Those are........err........uhm..........disappointing!

DarkArtist
11-19-2015, 08:47 AM
they make good background characters for dioramas. I'm working on a few customs of these as ST TNG (Raj and Howard are going to need the most work - especially Howard) and I have another project in the works for them as I wrote a script for the show 2 years ago. I was hoping to submit the script to CBS and see if they will even consider reading it, but I'm working on a version of action figures based off my script.

Koth
11-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Forbidden Planet Intl cancelled my order the Big Bang Theory Star Trek figures. Annoying! I'll have to resort to fleabay now!!

DarkArtist
11-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Forbidden Planet Intl cancelled my order the Big Bang Theory Star Trek figures. Annoying! I'll have to resort to fleabay now!!

which ones? The classic Star Trek ones or the ST TNG figures (which were cancelled by Bif Bang Pow). I've yet to see pre-orders up for Classic Trek but according to BBP they should be available 1st quarter 2016. one rep mentioned January 2016.

SITHLORD1963
11-19-2015, 05:42 PM
they make good background characters for dioramas. I'm working on a few customs of these as ST TNG (Raj and Howard are going to need the most work - especially Howard) and I have another project in the works for them as I wrote a script for the show 2 years ago. I was hoping to submit the script to CBS and see if they will even consider reading it, but I'm working on a version of action figures based off my script.

Very far in the background presumably:D

Utinniii
11-19-2015, 05:43 PM
courtesy of the fighting 118th

http://www.118archive.com/images/118/big_bang_theory/extras/misc/bbt_crew.jpg

More pictures: Big Bang Theory - 3 3/4" Retro figures - Page 2 - The Fighting 1:18th (http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/all-other-toys/8573-bang-theory-3-3-4-retro-figures-2.html)

I'm whelmed. But hey, we can reinact the episode when Raj and Howard order custom versions of themselves and are disappointed with the results.
I would rather have the static 3D printed versions of them from the episode. Penny looks like a Polly Pocket.
Now I won't feel bad that I will never find these in store.

Koth
11-20-2015, 02:28 AM
They were the classic Trek wave. Hope they get supplied again. UK seems not to have picked up Flash Gordon either to my annoyance.

SaveALemming
11-20-2015, 10:29 PM
I actually saw these in an awesome comic shop in Houston. It was after I noticed they had the Minimates clearanced for $8 and had picked up those. I noticed the BifBangs as I was checking out and just thought, 'Huh. Well I'm glad I've actually seen them in person.... Hm..... Hey hey! Clearance Minimates!"

Masterfett
11-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks. Those are........err........uhm..........disappointing!
Wholeheartedly agreed! And here I wanted to make a Pepper Potts Custom with one of those, how drole......... :rolleyes:

Professor
12-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Wow. Those are terrible. How did those get past licensing?

Atari
12-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Here are the 4 I've opened so far. The faces are pretty bad with Penny and Howard being slightly better.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/23030432939_8737179186_o.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/22770033884_79827cbe93_o.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A5990.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A5988.jpg

DarkArtist
12-03-2015, 01:26 PM
my only gripe with these figures is that I wish the guys had ball joint heads like the girls.

Bolingbroke
12-05-2015, 02:50 AM
Wow those figures are bad. At least fans of the show have a solid Lego TBBT set they can get for their collections.

E_CHU_TA
12-05-2015, 03:32 AM
I'm looking at that group pic and all I'm thinking is, wow great paint job on Rajs shoes. all I was really interested in was the star trek wave, are they making it or not?

DarkArtist
12-07-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm looking at that group pic and all I'm thinking is, wow great paint job on Rajs shoes. all I was really interested in was the star trek wave, are they making it or not?

they are still making the classic Trek wave. the TNG set was cancelled due to copyrights according to BBP

Koth
12-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Yeeesh! ��

SaveALemming
12-08-2015, 11:06 PM
I've never seen Boardwalk Empire, but you know that guy who lost part of his face and wears the prosthetic over it? That's what their faces remind me of.

doubledown
06-02-2016, 06:45 PM
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/06/sneak-peek-three-new-big-bang-theory-sheldon-action-figures-convention-exclusives

DarkArtist
06-03-2016, 09:08 AM
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/06/sneak-peek-three-new-big-bang-theory-sheldon-action-figures-convention-exclusives

got my pre-order in at ee.com but I still wondering what happened with the classic trek line that was "supposed" to be available in January 2016.

doubledown
06-03-2016, 08:03 PM
I think since you and I were the only two who bought any of the figures, that they decided to scrap!

Masterfett
06-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Considering how crappy the final sculpt turned out, I decided against them. But I was on board at the beginning. I don't mind 5POA if the sculpt is spot on! As I can always add articulation. But if it's same quality as knockoff or the "budget line", I'm not interested...

ctonra
06-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Are these really that bad? I was planning on picking them up for Dio crowd filler. But now I don't know

Atari
06-08-2016, 01:27 PM
They're pretty bad, but I still bought them all. Probably only a must buy if you're a big bang fan. Here are the ones I've photographed on Flickr so far (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128018526@N05/albums/72157656662473956).

DarkArtist
06-08-2016, 02:20 PM
the paint apps are hit or miss and the sculpts are not 100% accurate to the actors but they do make for great general background crowd type figures. I like them. I guess I'm in the minority of people that like these figures.

ctonra
06-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Thanks, I guess I am going to have to see them in person before deciding if I am going to get them or not

the paint apps are hit or miss and the sculpts are not 100% accurate to the actors but they do make for great general background crowd type figures. I like them. I guess I'm in the minority of people that like these figures.

ctonra
06-09-2016, 06:49 AM
Thanks Atari, The paint apps do look shaky. but they still may serve a purpose. Love the comic book store setup.

They're pretty bad, but I still bought them all. Probably only a must buy if you're a big bang fan. Here are the ones I've photographed on Flickr so far (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128018526@N05/albums/72157656662473956).

DarkArtist
06-09-2016, 07:37 AM

love the pics... they look great with the backgrounds and the extra goodies at the comic book store.

CaptainYoda
06-13-2016, 09:44 PM

The paint apps are sketchy, but where did those mini arcade games come from??

DarkArtist
06-14-2016, 10:04 AM

looks like Papercraft. you can find them online using google. also if you have 5 below stores by you check their candy isle. they have a stand-up pac man game console that is close to scale with 3.75" and comes with sour candies inside.

Utinniii
06-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Here (http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1121724)are a bunch of templates for arcade games.

Atari
06-14-2016, 01:18 PM

These are actually made from wood and plastic. The person that makes them is Justin Whitlock, here is his Flickr page (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jgwhitlock/).

ctonra
06-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Those are awesome, does he sell them? if so where?

These are actually made from wood and plastic. The person that makes them is Justin Whitlock, here is his Flickr page (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jgwhitlock/).

Atari
06-16-2016, 11:51 AM
He puts the price in the description area of the photos. I think its usually $30-35 dollars. His email should be in his profile page on flickr.

gijigsaw
06-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Star Trek - SDCC Exclusive!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/24/big-bang-theory-cosplay-as-star-trek-in-sdcc-exclusive-action-figures/

Available on Entertainment Earth as preorders as well.

Koth
06-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Anone willing to trade a set to the UK?

doubledown
07-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Think they will release another SDCC exclusive?

DarkArtist
07-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Think they will release another SDCC exclusive?

they are.. there are 3 different Sheldon figures this year in addition to the Star Trek figures.

and my contact at bif Bang Pow says more are in production but no more SDCC reveals

doubledown
07-08-2016, 11:48 PM
cool, thx!

SITHLORD1963
07-11-2016, 02:03 PM
they are.. there are 3 different Sheldon figures this year in addition to the Star Trek figures.

and my contact at bif Bang Pow says more are in production but no more SDCC reveals

Any chance that Bif Bang Pow will improve the character likeness or articulation?

Masterfett
07-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Doubtful, that would cost too much in licensing. lol

BTW, did you get my PM Sithlord? Not sure if it went though or not.

gijigsaw
08-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Just got my shipping notice from EE for the BBT Star Trek figures.

DarkArtist
08-18-2016, 08:02 AM
received my shipment of TBBT Star Trek figures and all I can say is UGH. the paint apps came out horrible on the ones I received and the neck joints on the figures are beyond insane. they almost look like giraffes. Leonard comes with zero accessories (which makes no sense) while the rest of the figures all come with a phaser, communicator and medical bag. the only decent figure out of the lot of the ST figures was Sheldon as Spock.

gijigsaw
08-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Photos on my site.

http://gijigsaw.blogspot.fr/2016/08/bif-bang-pow-big-bang-theory-sdcc-2016.html

Sucky paint apps but the idea and the reality of it is still cool.

doubledown
08-19-2016, 02:57 PM
The head sculpt on the ST Penny looks a lot better then the original is it? Can a head swap be done? Thanks!

Atari
08-20-2016, 08:00 AM
Looking forward to my package getting here soon, but the Big Bang figures always look like they were sculpted and painted by a blind one armed monkey.

DarkArtist
08-21-2016, 07:06 PM
The head sculpt on the ST Penny looks a lot better then the original is it? Can a head swap be done? Thanks!

Nope same head sculpt as the first.

Atari
08-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Here's a pic of my crew:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A7481.jpg

DarkArtist
08-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Here's a pic of my crew:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A7481.jpg

I still can't believe that they didn't give Captain Leonard any accessories. according to the rep at Bif Bang Pow it's because he's cosplaying as Captain Kirk and Kirk never really used any accessories or weapons in the original TV series. Also Leonard kinda looks like a giraffe with the insane neck post.... still they do work great with the ReAction Trek figures.

actually I'm thinking of buying another Raj and making a custom Chekov. they facial sculpt and hair and very similar. might be able to use the figure to fill in the gap of the ReAction series.

SITHLORD1963
08-22-2016, 02:09 PM
I thought these looked bad before but what is up with Amy's nose and chin? In profile she looks like the Goblin in Legend!!!!

doubledown
08-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Nope same head sculpt as the first.
Thank you!

DarkArtist
08-23-2016, 07:49 AM
I thought these looked bad before but what is up with Amy's nose and chin? In profile she looks like the Goblin in Legend!!!!

lol... I didn't think of that at first. I was leaning more towards the Wicked Witch of the West. :D

SITHLORD1963
08-23-2016, 05:01 PM
lol... I didn't think of that at first. I was leaning more towards the Wicked Witch of the West. :D

Same profile mate - what happens if you chuck water on her? :)

DarkArtist
08-25-2016, 09:07 AM
Same profile mate - what happens if you chuck water on her? :)

:D:D:D I think the face melts into Penny's face lol.

Masterfett
08-25-2016, 07:20 PM
lol I was really hoping to use Penny for a Pepper Potts custom, but man they really goofed up her cheek bones. And whole face TBH.

DarkArtist
08-26-2016, 05:22 AM
Check out the shark tank figures. The.sculpts are better and they come with chair accessories. Plus you get 2 male characters in suits which can easily become mobsters or secret service people

VideoViper
08-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Store: Thank you for your Big Bang Action figure purchase, Have a Sheldon. Available with any purchase.

Me: No Thanks I already have a Sheldon.

Store: I said..TAKE THE DAM SHELDON!!!!!

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkArtist
08-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Store: Thank you for your Big Bang Action figure purchase, Have a Sheldon. Available with any purchase.

Me: No Thanks I already have a Sheldon.

Store: I said..TAKE THE DAM SHELDON!!!!!

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol :P :P :P I agree that Sheldon is way way way overdown already. I think they need to branch out and make other variants of the characters besides Sheldon.

anyways I ordered the Bif Bang Pow Shark Tank figures as well.... figured good custom fodder (background characters, secret service, presidential figures etc) and I used one of the heads from the Shark Tank figures for Penny and it looks better:

http://i.imgur.com/15u41WC.jpg (http://imgur.com/15u41WC) - I think it's a closer look to Kaley Coco than the sculpt that they used.
http://i.imgur.com/4nGSvpd.jpg (http://imgur.com/4nGSvpd) - ST Penny, custom Shark Tank Penny

and is it me or does anyone else see Hillary Clinton (of course with some modifications and painting) in this image http://i.imgur.com/nTXCYY0.jpg (http://imgur.com/nTXCYY0)

Koth
07-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Whats the best way (if any) to get the Big Bang Theory Star Trek Next Generation set? I'm in the UK.

gijigsaw
07-18-2017, 06:28 AM
Whats the best way (if any) to get the Big Bang Theory Star Trek Next Generation set? I'm in the UK.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BBP17161

Koth
07-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Chere's. Missed that one. Obviously not in SDCC mode this year.

Masterfett
07-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Those totally remind me of the TNG figures I had way back. lol

DarkArtist
07-20-2017, 01:03 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BBP17161

I actually staring making these last year when they announced that the line was cancelled due to copyright or something with the STTNG. I used some old beater figures from the Galoob line and was going to try and piece together a Borg for Howard.

I preordered my set though from EE so I'm hoping that enough sets are left over from SDCC so that they ship me one.

DarkArtist
08-08-2017, 12:27 PM
just arrived at my house while on my lunchbreak... quite possibly the best sculpt that Bif Bang Pow has done for the The Big Bang Theory line so far;

http://i.imgur.com/jN7BY6r.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nAyOCqF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YSahh3j.jpg

Atari
08-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Opened mine up and these seem much better quality then previous Big Bang figures.

Masterfett
08-09-2017, 06:46 PM
If you say so.
IMO, for the price they're severely lacking in sculpt and likeness. Compared to SW anyway. I may not like 5POA, but at last Hasbro has some crispness to their sculpts.

I could understand the dated look if you were doing figure sbased on the 80's, but they aren't. These are characters from 2014+, simply in costume form TNG.