PDA

View Full Version : Clone Commander Wolffe - #12

GNT
07-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Looks like we'll be getting another Clone Wars figure in the basic line, this time it's Clone Commander Wolffe in desert armor:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/600/Wolffe4.jpg

Who's going to be picking this figure up? Thoughts?

starwarsguy
07-25-2014, 06:11 PM
I think this figure looks great. Rex and Doom I'm not sure if I'll get though. Is the helmet removable?

LambethL47
07-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Only decent clone commander released at SDCC why they didn't do phase II is a mystery but after looking at Rex and Doom I'm glad they have not robbed the SL Rex body and made this the third hideous realistic clone to be made

JediMerc
07-25-2014, 06:13 PM
I have a feeling that this figure is going to be HTF. I like the design and will probably pick him up...IF I ever see him.

darthchewie
07-25-2014, 06:15 PM
This is easily the best reveal from SDCC. Looks great, even if its not what we expected!

EnigmaticOne
07-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Is this the only SA clone? LOL.

my_kind_of_scum
07-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Not a figure I would have asked or at all, but he's the bet looking reveal of sdcc in my opinion. I'm in for at least one.

CMDR_Appo
07-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Looks good, but imo should have been a definitve phase 2 wolffe rather than a unique desert Clone who has no one to lead. Hasbro's whole Clone reasoning this year needs to be looked at imo. Hybrid legends figures, then a completely unique clone no one saw coming. It's just all weird :(

DarthJefe
07-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Not what I expected, but he's definitely a show stealer.

Wishing_Well
07-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Looks ridiculous. Over designed. This figure adds to the EU stereotype.

AllSystemsGo
07-25-2014, 07:13 PM
It looks unique and seems to have decent articulation. Not bad.

TK_842
07-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Awesome design and an unexpected release. I would have loves a regular armor first but this one will do in those dark times.

stylie_steve
07-25-2014, 08:14 PM
This one is cool and unexpected.

I for one am happy we are getting a unique looking Wolffe. With all the Clones out there it is nice to get one that looks a bit different.

OB1Knobby
07-25-2014, 10:09 PM
OH MAN! I've been wanting this guy ever since I saw that teaser trailer all those months ago. Every time I saw it, it made me sad that i would never get that Wolffe. Now my sadness can end :awesome:

PROVOST
07-25-2014, 10:11 PM
I really dig the look and the correct proportions of this figure (as opposed to the shrunken head of Doom and Rex) so will be getting this one for sure.

GrandAdmiralJSK
07-26-2014, 01:05 AM
Looks ridiculous. Over designed. This figure adds to the EU stereotype.

That funny. Considering TCW isn't EU in the slightest.

Anyhow, this okay, but I am on the fence. I am really disappointed that it isn't a Phase II Wolffe. So I am not sure if I'd be up for grabbing it.

Tyranusspotting
07-26-2014, 06:02 AM
I had no hope Hasbro would ever make this guy and then they reveal him out of nowhere. So happy to see this armor being made. That scene had such a great atmosphere (and was an homage to Close Encounters of the Third Kind).

Koth
07-26-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm up for him. Two more for his troops.

bobbyjack
07-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Nice! Always looking to add unique Clones to the display!

John_Solo
07-26-2014, 09:46 AM
That is a super cool design. I'll buy one for sure.

Notorious_Boba
07-26-2014, 09:50 AM
If they're clone commanders. I'm buying w/o doubt.

Choi
07-26-2014, 02:42 PM
-Best looking reveal from SDCC so far for me. A definate purchase.

parintachin73
07-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Initially I was disappointed because I love Wolffe's phase I armor, but this is a great looking figure. And it's cool that it's a totally different clone for a change, instead of a rehash of the same old sculpts.

Masterfett
07-26-2014, 04:26 PM
This is easily the best reveal from SDCC. Looks great, even if its not what we expected!
Which is, to be honest, a little sad. Considering the depth of the Universe SW is set in. Don't get me wrong, he looks great. As far as Clones go, and I will buy him.
But it truly is a gut punch, when a Clone is the highlight of this line! I don't hate Clones, but I'm not the biggest fan of them either.

Especially when there are so many cool looking Alien characters out there, or long overdue re-sculpts from Vintage and POTF.

Jiznedizni
07-26-2014, 06:28 PM
I have to admit my heart raced a little bit when I saw the picture of this figure. I'm definitely going to pre-order this figure x4, maybe 7

Revanfan1
07-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Simply amazing! I need one!

tanksmasher
07-26-2014, 11:12 PM
He looks cool but what exactly makes his armor "desert armor."

mandalorehunter
07-27-2014, 12:10 AM
I think this figure looks great. Rex and Doom I'm not sure if I'll get though. Is the helmet removable?

I am going to assume that it isn't. This figure is not at all something I originally wanted but I must say it looks like they put more work into this one than all the others combined. It is absolutely awesome.

OB1Knobby
07-27-2014, 12:32 AM
He looks cool but what exactly makes his armor "desert armor."

In the Netflix episode The Lost One this is the armor the Wolffe Pack is wearing while looking for a ship lost on a desert planet.

http://www.starwars.com/video/the-lost-one-preview

Vorax
07-27-2014, 03:58 AM
This figure and Doom are the winners so far that I've seen. 6 inch wampa too looks compatible to this scale I think as they're huge creatures anyway.

CMDR_Appo
07-27-2014, 08:05 AM
This figure and Doom are the winners so far that I've seen. 6 inch wampa too looks compatible to this scale I think as they're huge creatures anyway.

That Wampa will be way too big for 3.75 inch figures unless you are going for 'mutant, genetically enhanced Wampa' :)
While this figure looks good, I'm disapointed that the markings are the 'old school' blue grey rather than the phase II Wolffe Grey. At least then, he could stand next to and match Sinker and Boost from the animated figure set, but now, he'll stand out even more. This figure imo should have been thrown into a multipack instrad of say that Endor set. They could have given us Wolffe, some Troopers, maybe Plo and a vehicle like an AT-RT or something. Would have been an awesome little 'legion pack'. As is, this guy has no one to lead, and seeing as how we'll probably have only one wave after him before the ST starts, I doubt he will get Troopers :(

i_know
07-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Rancor Wampa

Masterfett
07-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Wolffe does look great, and is the only one I'll buy! But Doom, looks good to you? I can't believe anyone would even lump those to into the same category.
Doom and Rex look horrible IMO. Cool paint apps on Doom, yes. Especially if you like the homage aspect.

But the sculpts they used are crap.

_Rune_Haako_
07-27-2014, 09:38 AM
This figure looks awesome, I hope it's not to hard to find.

coeli
07-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Out of all of the 3&3/4 Black Series figures shown , this was surely my favorite one!

Frequency
07-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Very cool looking figure! I will definitely be picking one up.

OB1Knobby
07-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Wolffe does look great, and is the only one I'll buy! But Doom, looks good to you? I can't believe anyone would even lump those to into the same category.
Doom and Rex look horrible IMO. Cool paint apps on Doom, yes. Especially if you like the homage aspect.

But the sculpts they used are crap.

I think all the paint apps on the figures shown this weekend were hand-paints. Can't guarantee they'll look better in production with the way Hasbro has been lately. Still I gotta think they will be a little cleaner. And they've been known to adjust parts too. Hopefully they're listening. I'll start holding my breathe now :oops:

Vorax
07-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Some were probably hardcopies yeah. Rex and Doom look Ok, Wolfe is obviously the winner. Leia and Luke-Vader need new head/faces.

I dont know but the wampa was always supposed to be huge as far as I can see. So to me atleast it doesn't make much a difference until a proper scaled Wampa for the 3.75 inch line appears the older versions are junk:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1872/esb6.jpg

CMDR_Appo
07-28-2014, 07:06 AM
A standard six inch figure has that height effect to 3.75 figures already, so a Wampa in size with six inch is even bigger than that to the point of looking rediculous for the 3.75 figures. I get what you're saying about using it as a 'stand-in', that's your choice, I was just pointing out that you shouldn't expect a seamless effect :)

Trooper31
07-28-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm glad to see this Version of Wolffe. After seeing that Episode I hoped this would be one of the clones they talked about at TF. I'll pick up a few of this one. I love those McQ designs.

Maynard
07-28-2014, 08:28 AM
I know I'm repeating what some have already posted. Still, I can't help but question why Hasbro chose to go w/this Comm Wolffe (and just a quick FYI, I'm leaving Rex & Doom out of any of this, Im commenting solely on this ONE figure only).

After the CW line's Comm Wolffe was hard enough to find---for example:
1)Phase I=HTF
2)Phase II=Near Impossible-To-Find
3)That "Wolf Pack" set(while it is/was somewhat more easily attainable at a few places(websites mostly), the prices were & are absolutely ridiculous. Heck, even Target (yes, TARGET, the department store) jumped on the scalping bandwagon & began using scalping-esque techniques on their website.......they kept increasing the price every so often, as if no one would notice, at one point reaching somewhere in the $59.99 price range, which I actually thing it's still at now, UGH.)

Taking nothing away about the great all-around look & design of this Wolffe design, myself & I'm guessing the majority of Wolffe fans(well, I shouldn't speak for others even though it's probably true), would've liked another opportunity ata Phase II--or even a Phase I, version of Wolffe prior to this figure.

Somewhere down the line, this would be an AWESOME figure(especially when Hasbro gets to the point where they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas), but for now, I would have much preferred a P1 or P2 Wolffe first.

Thoughts?

my_kind_of_scum
07-28-2014, 10:09 AM
I think you actually pretty much summed it up. The other versions do already exist and this version looks cool. I totally understand your points, but I can easily see why Hasbro went with this version.

Vorax
07-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Looks more like Snow armor than desert.

Jiznedizni
07-28-2014, 01:22 PM
The armor looks great to me and has sparked some interest into buying again after a long hiatus from it.

Masterfett
07-28-2014, 06:51 PM
To be totally honest, I was actually after a Realistic version of TCW Wolffe. That's what I thought was coming. Don't get me wrong, this figure looks cool and I'll definitely buy him. But for me, I'm interested more in the outfit that the character wears most.

So it appears that my original plan to make my own Realistic Wolffe must move forward.

OB1Knobby
07-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Well Maynard, I hate to contradict you but that wasn't my experience at all.

1. I found Phase I at several Targets. Finally decided to pick him up AFTER they sold out across 3 counties and popped back up in a restock wave. I think I may have seen one at a Rite Aid the beginning of this year.

2. Phase II were clogging shelves around here for a few months. I knew one store with an entire end cap stuffed full of those shipments with Rex, Fox and Wolffe. They didn't start clearing out until they had Buy-One-Get-One-50%-Off or even a second one FREE.

3. I got that Wolffe Pack set from Amazon for $15.11 in December of 2012. Only a couple months after Pre-Orders began. The last price BigBadToyStore (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22182&mode=retail&picture=out) had on it was $29.99. I'm sorry you had such a terrible time trying to get a Wolffe. But that experience was not at all systemic.

HOWEVER, those Phase II Wolffes were piles of garbage and we all deserve better. Still, I'm excited this design wasn't lost to the lost episodes. I see it as a sign that no design is forgotten or off limits. Hopefully we'll get the articulated updates of Fox and Wolffe that should have been the first time.

CMDR_Appo
07-28-2014, 08:03 PM
We won't get those updates/ not for at least 7 years. With this Wolffe wave being in March next year, hasbro will then only have chance at one more wave before the new films start rolling out, meaning they'll be the main focus for a long time until the first batch ends. It's gonna be a long time before anything not ST is released after next year.

EnigmaticOne
07-28-2014, 11:16 PM
We won't get those updates/ not for at least 7 years. With this Wolffe wave being in March next year, hasbro will then only have chance at one more wave before the new films start rolling out, meaning they'll be the main focus for a long time until the first batch ends. It's gonna be a long time before anything not ST is released after next year.

Well ST, Rebels, and the countless OT rehashes so mickey can milk that cash cow!

CommanderDestiny
08-01-2014, 03:54 AM
I think this figure looks great and all but aren't they supposed to be super articulated? its the black collection (isn't it series?) and this figure rex and doom don't look super articulated, rex and doom looks like the only diference from them and the saga legends line is that they have elbow, knee and ankle joints, I mean I hope they are just prototypes, and they release more articulated figures later on

CMDR_Appo
08-01-2014, 04:46 AM
They do have ball joint wrists and shoulders as well. It seems the figures are made with VC45 Clone Arms, legends head and torso, then modified legends Legs, so there is a fair amount there minus ball joint head, hips and waist. There's a fair amount there in all fairness, but the parts themselves don't mesh well at all, and the legends parts lack quality.

Cyclone
08-04-2014, 02:31 PM
I will get him if I ever see him on the pegs.

tanksmasher
08-07-2014, 07:03 PM
I will get him if I ever see him on the pegs.
If I lived by that philosophy I wouldn't have squat.

GNT
08-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Should just buy the figure online through a retailer or I'm sure one of those Chinese sellers will have loose ones for sale.

rgeezzy
09-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Didnt need another Wolffe, but a well-made figure is just that. He's is looking to have some potential, like him.

Hopefully we won't find a horror-show once released

REBELPURGE
09-05-2014, 11:16 AM
The armor looks great to me and has sparked some interest into buying again after a long hiatus from it.

u know u want to. c'mon everyone is doing it

To be totally honest, I was actually after a Realistic version of TCW Wolffe. That's what I thought was coming. Don't get me wrong, this figure looks cool and I'll definitely buy him. But for me, I'm interested more in the outfit that the character wears most.

So it appears that my original plan to make my own Realistic Wolffe must move forward.

basically same boat there, have all the parts ready but stopped when i heard 1 was coming out. cuz you know all his armor "art" is going to be a biatch to paint on ur own, just for H to come out with one.

oh well i like a challenge

They do have ball joint wrists and shoulders as well. It seems the figures are made with VC45 Clone Arms, legends head and torso, then modified legends Legs, so there is a fair amount there minus ball joint head, hips and waist. There's a fair amount there in all fairness, but the parts themselves don't mesh well at all, and the legends parts lack quality.

vader to hasbro: 'I find your lack of quality disturbing.' then starts giving out throat hugs

GrandAdmiralJSK
09-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Highly disappointed with the "desert armor" decision so I made my own.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4528/medium/IMG_30737.JPG

Feel free to disappoint me more Hasbro as I am starting to get pretty competent at this stuff.

CMDR_Appo
09-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Looks great, although the kama is a tad too long :)

Masterfett
09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
He did turn out nice, might just do this myself! If I didn't suck as painting straight lines, I'd have done it by now. Along with dozens of others!

GrandAdmiralJSK
09-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Looks great, although the kama is a tad too long :) Good point. I should probably trim down the kama on both my custom Rex and Wolffe to be closer to middle of the knee. Might do that this week.

He did turn out nice, might just do this myself! If I didn't suck as painting straight lines, I'd have done it by now. Along with dozens of others!

While I'm not terrible at straight lines, the best tip I can offer is use an exacto knife. Paint close to what you want, and use the edge of the blade to gently scrap the precise lines you want. Has worked great for me in all the customs I've done.

Clonehunter
10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't know, I think he looks great. Will buy.

Zombie_F_Body
10-03-2014, 09:40 PM
My LCS gets these pretty regularly so if I see him in shop and he's not bumped up to the $30 range like the CW versions were due to rarity, I like him! Gotta question how effective that blue is for a desert environment!

rgeezzy
10-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Of all the new clone previews (Doom/Rex/Thorn etc), this is the only one that I like.

LordEdzo
11-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Abso-FREAKIN-lutely! I just watched the TCW Lost Missions episode in which this variation of his uniform appears, and you can barely get a solid look at it. This figure looks AMAZING. I must have one.

Nerdherfer
11-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Looks more like Snow armor than desert.
Deserts can also be freezing.

OB1Knobby
11-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Deserts can also be freezing.

Good point. After all, the Tundra is categorized as a desert because of the lack of rain fall.

However, I think he might be more referring to the color than the design. :grin:

Vorax
11-18-2014, 03:37 AM
More both, looks like cold weather gear for an ice planet.

Nerdherfer
11-18-2014, 02:36 PM
More both, looks like cold weather gear for an ice planet.

First time I saw the trailer for that episode, I thought how cool it was they gave a nod to Mcquarrie's Snowtrooper. As far as I'm concerned that's what it is. I actually assumed they were on a comet like Iceberg III. Hasbro have gotten it wrong before (understatement?), like the "V-wing pilot" for example; any fan worth their salt knows they don't have open face helmets, so how can they pilot a V-wing?

OB1Knobby
11-18-2014, 04:17 PM
First time I saw the trailer for that episode, I thought how cool it was they gathat ve a nod to Mcquarrie's Snowtrooper. As far as I'm concerned that's what it is. I actually assumed they were on a comet like Iceberg III. Hasbro have gotten it wrong before (understatement?), like the "V-wing pilot" for example; any fan worth their salt knows they don't have open face helmets, so how can they pilot a V-wing?

Oh yeah. I never connected those dots before. Kinda obvious now really. I had the same problem recognizing that Obi Wan in his Rako Hardin disguise was an original concept design the first couple times I saw those episodes.

lordtyrannus
12-09-2014, 02:21 PM
This guy should've been the 5 POA figure, with the JT Guard as the SA figure.

my_kind_of_scum
12-09-2014, 07:33 PM
This guy should've been the 5 POA figure, with the JT Guard as the SA figure.

I disagree. They *both* should've been SA.

lordtyrannus
12-10-2014, 01:49 PM
I disagree. They *both* should've been SA.

Ok, if you insist :-). I was just assuming they only had the tooling budget for of them, with the other getting the 5 POA treatment. But I too believe most figures should be well articulated, though high costs prohibit it.

my_kind_of_scum
12-10-2014, 02:06 PM
I'd be happy if the Jedi guard had elbow and wrist articulation so they could hold their (two-handed) saber correctly.

Masterfett
12-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Absolutely!!!!!!!
Though it could be easy enough to fix, just costly when you factor in multiple figures. :\

lordtyrannus
12-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Absolutely!!!!!!! Though it could be easy enough to fix, just costly when you factor in multiple figures. :\

I do some dremeling and painting on occasion, so I'm not stranger to customizing. But how would you go about adding swivel elbow joints to a figure?

Masterfett
12-11-2014, 12:25 PM
I don't physically have the JTG in hand, so wouldn't quite know on that one yet. But it's possible to do, with the dremel and a bit that's shaped like a b-a-l-l. You will also need donor arms from another figure. You basically dremel it out so that it will receive the male part of the donor figure.

parintachin73
12-14-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't physically have the JTG in hand, so wouldn't quite know on that one yet. But it's possible to do, with the dremel and a bit that's shaped like a b-a-l-l. You will also need donor arms from another figure. You basically dremel it out so that it will receive the male part of the donor figure.
Yeah you can do it and I absolutely will. But as stated before it stinks that you need 3 figures to make 1 worthwhile figure. I'm really glad they're making this guy, but shoulda been SA.

Vorax
12-14-2014, 09:29 PM
What is the release date on this wave?

lordtyrannus
12-15-2014, 07:24 AM
What is the release date on this wave?

The next wave of TBS ships in March, but depending on how they divide all of the new figures up, this one may not ship until May or June.

Cell
01-03-2015, 07:52 AM
This is my most anticipated figure this year, so do we know already in which wave this guy will be in? If I remember correctly, he wasn't part of the list for the next wave that JTA revealed recently.

Cell
01-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Ok, looks like this figure will be in the upcoming wave that's supposedly scheduled to be released in March / April:
Jedi Temple Archives News: EVEN MORE 2015 The Black Series 3.75-inch And 6-inch Figures Announced (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14866)

I guess after TF we know more...

Notorious_Boba
01-11-2015, 02:47 PM
He's gonna be heard to find in retail. Online is our only hope.

my_kind_of_scum
01-11-2015, 09:21 PM
He's gonna be heard to find in retail. Online is our only hope.

At thirteen bucks a pop, they may not fly off of the pegs as quickly.

Notorious_Boba
01-12-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't think he'll be on the pegs at all.

jedimasterc
01-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Dorksidetoys had these for pre order glad I jumped on it when I did. This guy will be a scalpers dream. As with Commander Doom.

Trooper31
01-13-2015, 06:45 AM
At thirteen bucks a pop, they may not fly off of the pegs as quickly.

Agreed. I think These last waves of TBS will be ones where you really Need a buying strategy when you find them. At $13 plus tax a Pop, you Need to have enough cash ready for what you really want or be very good at predicting which figures will stick around longer.

I think it will be safe to assume that Dutch Vander won't be too hard to find. Chewbacca might be a bit easier to find then other. You really have to make some decisions about the troopers that you want or make sure you have $100 in your pocket to burn to make sure you can get These.

In the end, I think there might be fewer figures produced for These waves Overall, but the Price will hold some People back on Clearing out most of a case at one time.

Masterfett
01-13-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm still not fully convinced that this will come out at retail as it should. I'm totally getting a K'kruhk wave vibe here!

jedimasterc
01-15-2015, 07:01 PM
As well as Arcee as in your sig.

Jimmer
01-23-2015, 09:29 PM
I really kinda like the look of this guy, even though most aspects of him remind me of a bounty hunter rather than a clone.

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Up for preorder on dorkside toys.

02-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Went ahead and preordered a case, I'd rather not have to worry about finding these figures at retail and focus my efforts on any Rebels-related stuff and save up for TFA too

GNT
02-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Commander Wolffe (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS24299&mode=retail) up for pre-order on BBTS as well as in a wave case of 7 or 12.

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Commander Wolffe (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS24299&mode=retail) up for pre-order on BBTS as well as in a wave case of 7 or 12.

Dorkside is a dollar cheaper on the individual figure preorders, though. Stinks to see BBTS raise the price an extra dollar.

Trooper31
02-16-2015, 07:01 AM
I really like the Looks of this guy. I'm thinking about going with a case, but I really don't want the other clones. In the end, it might end up being better just getting the case and not worrying about getting them singly at retail, if they even make it to retail.

R1G4R3PO
02-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Dorkside is a dollar cheaper on the individual figure preorders, though. Stinks to see BBTS raise the price an extra dollar.

actually, if one were to look at the sold-out older TBS3.75" like Srgt D, toryll, snowtroop commm etc, bbts hasn't raised their prices...so far seems like dorkside is the one who has (of the most talked about sites on the threads). Maybe we'll see EE raise prices or not if/when they list singles/cases/set of new tbs soon. Now having said that, i did notice EE did raise price of r5-g19 case and 6packs preorders compared to toryn wave 12/6 packs and reeyees case. yet r5 and wampa luke sinlges are same price as reeyees singles, so...???

Cell
02-17-2015, 03:46 AM
It's good that he is packed two per case. Hope I can get at least two of him. I'm also wondering whether the head is on a ball joint or just a swivel joint like the other clones in that wave.

EnigmaticOne
02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
It's good that he is packed two per case. Hope I can get at least two of him. I'm also wondering whether the head is on a ball joint or just a swivel joint like the other clones in that wave.

That's difficult to notice by the photos. I had not considered Wolffe also having a swivel head. Hopefully not, because that would be utterly disappointing.

my_kind_of_scum
02-19-2015, 10:10 PM
The earlier prototype we saw almost definitely had a ball-joint head. I'm certainly hoping that remains.

Trooper31
02-20-2015, 02:38 AM
If the prototype had it, then I'd assume that the figure will still have it. It seems to me that Hasbro would have been too focused on TFA to turn around and Change this guys head to swivel. I think the changes to Rex and the other clones could have been easier by just changing the whole Body, but this figure is too specific that I can't imagine they would have gone back and changed it. I don't think they had the time.

dynodave
03-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Viperskingdom has this guy for sale, along with Doom and Rex...and a few others;

Star Wars The Black Series Clone Commander Wolffe Loose 2015 F3 Wave 7 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Clone-Commander-Wolffe-loose-2015-F3-wave-7-/271819767189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f49b87d95)

Cell
03-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Bought one. Thanks for the heads up, dynodave!

Notorious_Boba
03-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Viperskingdom has this guy for sale, along with Doom and Rex...and a few others;

Star Wars The Black Series Clone Commander Wolffe Loose 2015 F3 Wave 7 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Clone-Commander-Wolffe-loose-2015-F3-wave-7-/271819767189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f49b87d95)
Is Viperskingdom legit?

Cell
03-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Is Viperskingdom legit?

I've had no problems with the figures that I ordered from him and shipping was relatively fast.

DaSmokeEater
03-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes, I've ordered from him multiple times and never had an issue.

DaSmokeEater
03-27-2015, 04:54 PM
I ordered one from him, as well as a Commander Doom. They look pretty cool!

Imperial_PR
03-29-2015, 06:05 PM
This is definitely a must have figure! He's pretty awesome looking

dibblerr
03-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Viperskingdom has it again, but for $13,99 this time.

Vorax
04-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I never had any problems. I emailed him about Wolff when he was out've them originally and he put some more up for sale. I ordered two.

Halomite
04-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Wolffe came in today along with the other troops.

He's the star of the batch but unfortuantely the shortest. Ball-hinged hips confirmed.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/TK-412/IMAG2677_1_zpssf5m3kes.jpg

LambethL47
04-04-2015, 05:15 PM
unfortuantely the shortest.

Im going to get it out the way with, "aren't you a little short to be a clone commander?"

GNT
04-04-2015, 05:22 PM
That's a huge difference in height :(

OB1Knobby
04-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Wow, that is super annoying. It bugs me some times that Hasbro forgets that clones are all supposed to be made the same. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you put the taller guys in the back and the shorter guys in the front it'll balance out? :ninja:

Cell
04-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Woah, that is a striking difference in height. How did that happen? Reminds me of the TAC Kashyyyk Trooper from a few years back:

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TAC0804kashyyykcomp1.jpg)

Cell
04-05-2015, 12:42 PM
And here we have our first review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1j49xj1FY (https://Wolffe)

According to the reviewer, Wolffe has a ball jointed head. Yay! That means I can customise a head for him providing that the ball joint isn't too thick.

Masterfett
04-05-2015, 12:43 PM
OMG, he's short! Hasbro strikes again!! :rolleyes: Reminds me of Hasbro's intentional BS!

Another case of a figure of a character I like, getting the shaft...

Nighthawk
04-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Man he's short.

darth_sidious
04-06-2015, 11:14 AM
That's almost a comical difference in height compared to Rex. Since the helmet is ball jointed, we can likely adjust the head to a higher position on the neck peg, or put something in the socket to force it to sit higher.

Masterfett
04-06-2015, 11:55 AM
I don't think there's a half inch of play room under that helmet. lol

Halomite
04-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Here's an additional picture for a better sense of scale. As you can see, he was most definitely not originally intended to be apart of the Clone Wars line as he doesn't even come close to a basic 501st grunt (which is ever so slightly shorter than Black Series Rex):

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/TK-412/IMAG2681_1_zpszbwprxr5.jpg

Nighthawk
04-06-2015, 06:11 PM
I just think his torso is the issue. The top portion seems too short.

CMDR_Appo
04-06-2015, 08:41 PM
So is hasbro trying to suggest that when Clones aren't in standard armour, they're actually quite short guys lol? The height difference is shocking, although once everyone's posed up for battle in my dio, I don't think it'll be as noticable :)

OB1Knobby
04-06-2015, 08:49 PM
I just think his torso is the issue. The top portion seems too short.

Ooo, good spot brother. You're totally right. If you go bottom up the belts and mid torso are at about the same height. But that upper chest armor is compressed. Such is life I guess.

Masterfett
04-07-2015, 01:04 AM
From a character standpoint, this just went into my non buy category! I might still buy one or two for custom fodder though. As he's still a cool design. Just have no use for him in my Clone ranks, he doesn't fit in.

lordtyrannus
04-07-2015, 06:17 AM
Like TVC C-3PO, the scale is off, but the figure looks fantastic. I mix all my figures up on the shelf, so the scale of each figure is almost negligible. Two of these have my name on them.

Cell
04-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Had this figure in the mail today. The belt is removable and while the blasters do fit in the holsters they unfortunately stick out a lot; the older TCW Rex blasters work better here. The articulation is great (upper chest is ball jointed) and the fabric kama looks very nice overall. However, he is considerably smaller than your average VC or ROTS #41 clone trooper. Will post some pictures later.

torque6
04-07-2015, 09:27 PM

He's the star of the batch but unfortuantely the shortest. Ball-hinged hips confirmed.

Thanks for the pic halomite. I just cancelled my order locally.

Trooper31
04-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Had this figure in the mail today. The belt is removable and while the blasters do fit in the holsters they unfortunately stick out a lot; the older TCW Rex blasters work better here. The articulation is great (upper chest is ball jointed) and the fabric kama looks very nice overall. However, he is considerably smaller than your average VC or ROTS #41 clone trooper. Will post some pictures later.

Thanks for the info. I'm still looking Forward to this figure and I'd like to get a few to use for customizing. The height Problem is a bit of a bother, but I still think it Looks cool. I'm looking Forward to some new pics.

GNT
04-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Got mine today, the ball joint legs are pretty sweet on this one. Nice looking figure.

Vorax
04-09-2015, 03:47 PM
It has an underscale upper body compared to the legs. The chest is tiny and the arms very skinny and the head/helmet is small. Looks like a animated figure they turned into realistic in some hybrid fashion. The figure is shorter than the older molded Clones and even Stormtroopers. If you can get past that, its a nice figure as a figure, has excellent articulation.

Internets
04-09-2015, 03:57 PM

State of that. Shocking.

CMDR_Appo
04-09-2015, 08:33 PM
While this guy's height is dissapointing, I'm more interested in how Doom and Rex came out different sizes when they use the same sculpts. Has QC truly left Hasbro now. I know it's been bleeding out the stuff for a few years now, but that is just shocking!

can't wait to see Thorn. I imagine he'll be a 6 inch giant to 'match' these guys ;)

Nighthawk
04-09-2015, 10:15 PM
I think they just made Rex's neck longer to accommodate the pauldron.

Droidworld
04-09-2015, 11:19 PM

These three could almost be from entirely different toy lines. Certainly not clones considering the crazy height differences and styles.

I like Rex and hate Hasbro ATM.

Cell
04-10-2015, 04:19 AM
Wolffe is definitely a figure I'll be displaying separately from all the others in my collection. Even Ahsoka is taller than him, thus making him look even more like a 15-year-old fanboy in armour. It's strange somehow that no one (myself included) noticed the height difference between Wolffe and Doom in the pictures from last year's SDCC. Alas, that wouldn't have changed anything of course, even if someone did.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/conventions%20and%20events/2014_comic-con_international/hasbro_/hasbro_panel_and_2015_reveals/SDCC2014-HASBRO%20PANEL%20-1034.jpg

LambethL47
04-10-2015, 04:40 AM
^
Available "march 15".

Koth
04-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Holy Moly! I have just come across this and words cannot convey the utter disappointment at the attempt of this figure.
Given that he has compression of the spine do you think this opens the door to other disabled figures like 99 and Cliegg Lars?

GNT
04-10-2015, 06:36 AM
^
Available "march 15".

Those dates are only an estimate of when they'd be at retail, they aren't set in stone as wheels are always turning and unforseen problems (The wharf problem) do occur which can delay everything.

LambethL47
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Those dates are only an estimate of when they'd be at retail, they aren't set in stone as wheels are always turning and unforseen problems (The wharf problem) do occur which can delay everything.

So what you mean is a June release?

Masterfett
04-10-2015, 10:04 AM
I think they just made Rex's neck longer to accommodate the pauldron.
I could almost believe that scenario, as it's a plausible one. BUT, even Rex's wait is higher than Dooms. Look closer at them, they standing right next to each other. several things don't line up, for them to be the exact same sculpt.

Internets
04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Why Hasbro didn't just use [modified] VC45s is anyone's guess.

LambethL47
04-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Why Hasbro didn't just use [modified] VC45s is anyone's guess.

Cheaper to use the cruddy Saga legends bodies and add articulation.

Nighthawk
04-10-2015, 11:19 AM
I could almost believe that scenario, as it's a plausible one. BUT, even Rex's wait is higher than Dooms. Look closer at them, they standing right next to each other. several things don't line up, for them to be the exact same sculpt.

I think that is because Rex is standing in front of Doom. The guy who owns those posted another picture in the Rex thread of them back to back and the belt seems more or less in the same height. Might be ever so slightly higher on Rex.

Here they are back to back:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/TK-412/IMAG2684_1_zpszc3pidm1.jpg

Cell
04-10-2015, 12:04 PM
At long last, here are the pictures.

Yeah, he's more a whelp than a Wolf(fe) :\

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/20150410_184458.jpg

The belt opens similar to the one on the old Commander Neyo figure.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/20150410_184535.jpg

This really could've been a very good figure, but the height difference, the height difference... :'(

LambethL47
04-10-2015, 12:10 PM
At long last, here are the pictures.

Yeah, he's more a whelp than a Wolf(fe) :\

Is that a custom phase 2 Wolfe?

Meesa_Mike
04-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Pass. The height difference is unforgivable. Hasbro sucks.

Nighthawk
04-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Why couldn't they release the one on the very right of the picture? :( If they did, I'd definitely get Wolffe.

Koth
04-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Is it too early to talk about fixing options?

Cell
04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Is that a custom phase 2 Wolfe?

Yes, it is. Made it about three years ago.

CMDR_Appo
04-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Wow, I knew he was small, but compared to that '45 Clone. I might actually have to cancel this figure since a lot of my army is now on the 45 sculpt. There's just no meshing there at all!

Either this is a hasbro screw up once more, a cost cutting method (less plastic), or Hasbro are seriously trying to suggest that out of standard armour, clones can double as Hobbits :(

Koth
04-11-2015, 03:43 AM
Reminds me of this epic fail pilot.
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp294/koth_2008/50919d19-056e-4656-8daa-4c52b713841b.jpg (http://s421.photobucket.com/user/koth_2008/media/50919d19-056e-4656-8daa-4c52b713841b.jpg.html)

LambethL47
04-11-2015, 04:26 AM
Yes, it is. Made it about three years ago.

Did you just change the skirt to cloth? Can you tell me the receipe of what you did? :D

Masterfett
04-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Why couldn't they release the one on the very right of the picture? :( If they did, I'd definitely get Wolffe.
Agreed! All I could think of when I saw that pic. Boy that Clone on the right sure does blow this Hasbro crap away!

I guess instead of selling off the one I bought, I'll have to scavenge it for parts to make the real Wolffe after all!

DarkManX
04-11-2015, 02:37 PM
I may have missed it if posted but Amazon has Wolffe, Doom,and Rex listed as available August 31st. Just thought I'd give a heads up. My apologies if this was already mentioned

AaylaSecurasMan
04-11-2015, 05:31 PM
I may have missed it if posted but Amazon has Wolffe, Doom,and Rex listed as available August 31st. Just thought I'd give a heads up. My apologies if this was already mentioned

I only see a listing from a third party for $24.99 + Shipping and not direct from Amazon. Is this what you are referring to? Thanks.

DarkManX
04-12-2015, 12:34 AM
yeah that's what I saw. The release date maybe gives us an idea when some new BS is coming out. But yeah, I'll wait until the actual amazon listing.

Cell
04-12-2015, 06:25 AM
^^
Since viperskingdom is already selling factory rejects, I don't think (and hope) it won't take that long till we see new figures in stores. But the manufacturer's name is Hasbro, so you never know.

GNT
04-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Who knows, last few waves before a new movie launch could be harder to obtain as they try to clear the older lines (TBS) for the TFA line.

AaylaSecurasMan
04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
yeah that's what I saw. The release date maybe gives us an idea when some new BS is coming out. But yeah, I'll wait until the actual amazon listing.

Thanks. It won't take that long. BBTS and other etailers have an April-May release date.

Darth_Brett
04-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Add this guy to the list of shrunken figures along with the VC 3PO, Skiff Lando, Bane Malar among others. Although this one seems worse than those.

What the heck happened? Since he does have a hidden waistline, I would say he is probably easy to fix by adding a thin plastic gasket in between the legs and waist. I did this with Skiff Lando and it really worked well.

my_kind_of_scum
04-12-2015, 10:31 PM
The height sucks - particularly since it is a gorgeous figure if you don't see it next to the other clones...

DarkManX
04-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Thanks. It won't take that long. BBTS and other etailers have an April-May release date.

Cool deal. I don't really bother directly with those type of stores. I made a list of a 100 some figures on Amazon and just pick em off. About a month ago I came across Pablo Jill for 9 bucks but some other guy was apparently a couple of seconds faster.

jedimasterc
04-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Have there been pictures of the newer wave carded?I don't remember seeing any.

Cell
04-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Have there been pictures of the newer wave carded?I don't remember seeing any.

Not that I know of. So far we have only carded images of Darth Vader (Dagobah Test) and the Stormtrooper repack.

Nerfherder
04-13-2015, 10:28 AM
It's very strange we have not seen this wave carded yet. On my checklist I put waves in order of their figure numbers and I only have two so far.

R1G4R3PO
04-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Not that I know of. So far we have only carded images of Darth Vader (Dagobah Test) and the Stormtrooper repack.

there was chewbacca as well https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153580809568998&set=a.10151313306548998.565560.626118997&type=1&theater via peter mayhew

Mauro
04-14-2015, 03:57 PM
I really like clones, but i think i will pass on these. I just cancelled my Preorder in Dorkside Toys. Lets see how they look like when they hit stores.

AaylaSecurasMan
04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
From celebration's floor, somebody was asking for a carded shot :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-Celebration-Anaheim/Celebration-Anaheim-2015-Hasbro-The-Black-Series-first-look/Celebration-Anaheim-2015-Hasbro-The-Black-Series-first-look-020.jpg

Trooper31
04-16-2015, 05:46 AM
I wonder how Long it will take to see this one in stores now that a carded Version has been shown at Celebration.

Cell
04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
I wonder how Long it will take to see this one in stores now that a carded Version has been shown at Celebration.

Not very long. Three or four more months wait is a very short time span as measured by Hasbro standards :rolleyes:.

GNT
04-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Already have the figure but nice to see him carded at long last.

Trooper31
04-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Not very long. Three or four more months wait is a very short time span as measured by Hasbro standards :rolleyes:.

Yeah, that's true. They got the Rebels/Legends stuff out rather quickly, so I'm hoping they can get the last 2 TBS waves out soon enough. If they come out together or fairly Close, I know that will mean a Long wait for the new stuff in the fall, but I'd rather get stuff out of the way now and not have things linger into anything new.

JGuar
05-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Just preordered this guy (and Doom and Rex) from EE. It says they are expected to be in stock this month, so I'm hoping it's sooner than later!

swCollector_Dan
05-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Geez he is a bit short when compared to other Clone Troopers

http://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/wolffe_82342052/82342052pic/82342052as.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/wolffe_82342052/82342052pic/82342052fs.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/wolffe_82342052/82342052pic/82342052fls.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/wolffe_82342052/82342052pic/82342052fbs.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/wolffe_82342052/82342052pic/82342052frs.jpg

More / larger pics at: Star Wars Collector - Clone Commander Wolffe - #12 (http://starwarscollector.com/hd-photo-gallery/the-black-series/381-the-black-series-action-figures-basic/11780-clone-commander-wolffe-12.html)

Masterfett
05-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Luckily he's got that double jointed torso, that way i can maybe modify him a bit to make him taller. At least the same height as his Brethren...

Dake
05-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Most of the TRU's in my area got this wave in. I picked up a Wolff, Doom and Rex.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they had four Wolffs and three of them had screwed up paint apps on their helmets - they all looked like the head or helmet turned slightly during painting so the designs aren't centered. You can see it a bit in the pic above where the red triangle isn't properly lined up and so the white parts also aren't even.

Red also had his painted "ears" off center on two of the three. They had two Dooms and they seemed ok.

Nighthawk
05-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Luckily he's got that double jointed torso, that way i can maybe modify him a bit to make him taller. At least the same height as his Brethren...

I would get Wolffe if there were an easy way to add some height to his torso. Please do share if you come up with something.

MartyMcFett
05-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Most of the TRU's in my area got this wave in. I picked up a Wolff, Doom and Rex.

I picked up all 3 too from TRU.

Diablo20
05-22-2015, 09:29 AM
I found 2 this morning. I was initially going to pass but he's much cooler looking in hand.

I'm looking to trade one loose for a loose Rex. Drop me a PM if interested.

Nighthawk
05-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Anyone who has Wolffe, does his torso joint come off easily? I'm thinking of getting him if I can mod it to make him taller

John_Solo
05-22-2015, 01:10 PM
That is a super cool design. I'll buy one for sure.

Aaaaand got him. He's a rad little dude.

Nighthawk
05-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Aaaaand got him. He's a rad little dude.

Little's the key word here.

In all honesty, I really do like him and most likely will get it. If I can easily make him taller, even better.

John_Solo
05-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Little's the key word here.

In all honesty, I really do like him and most likely will get it. If I can easily make him taller, even better.

He's like... really little.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/wp_20150522_19_16_52_pro_1_.jpg

Diablo20
05-22-2015, 09:57 PM
He's like... really little.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/wp_20150522_19_16_52_pro_1_.jpg

That's just a really tall Jawa.

CMDR_Appo
05-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Don't forget to post pics of your larger Wolfe mods. I know a few of us here would love to see if it's a viable option!

Cell
05-23-2015, 03:11 AM
Don't forget to post pics of your larger Wolfe mods. I know a few of us here would love to see if it's a viable option!

Me included. The glaring height difference between Wolffe and the other clones (and almost any other non-clone figure) can hardly be overlooked, which is particularly frustrating because otherwise it's a really well made figure.

Nighthawk
05-25-2015, 01:11 PM
If only Hasbro made the upper torso a little longer, then it would have been perfect.

Masterfett
05-25-2015, 04:49 PM
As soon as my preorder comes in, i can try modding him. But for some reason I got the Doc Ock wave w/o Wolffe. :\

darth_sidious
05-28-2015, 08:03 PM
This is an awesome figure, but the torso and neck should have both been longer. I added a piece of foam inside the helmet socket to make the neck appear a bit longer, it helps, but the torso would require heavy modifications to be elongated. Here is a picture of him next to Plo Koon - if only they would have given us the Lost Missions Plo Koon outfit instead...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/wolffe-mod.jpg

Darth_Brett
05-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Is it possible to put a plastic/rubber washer under the belt? That's how I fixed Skiff Lando's shortness.

darth_sidious
05-28-2015, 08:22 PM
The belt and kama are removable, however, the lower torso and pelvis are all one solid piece. Adding a washer wouldn't give it any height without modifications to the upper torso / chest plate.

dibblerr
05-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Is it possible to put a plastic/rubber washer under the belt? That's how I fixed Skiff Lando's shortness.

Darth_Brett, do you have a pic of that Lando? I'm still planning to make mine taller. And BTW, what is a rubber washer (sorry, English isn't my native tongue :) )

Cell
05-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Even if someone elongates the figure's upper body to give it some additional height, the arms would probably be too short then. Moreover, when looking at the juxtapostion of Wolffe and Plo Koon in the image above, I think that Wolffe's chest is a bit too narrow as well. The more I think about customising that figure, the more I feel that I would most likely end up with a figure that's taller but will look even more disproportionate.

DTW
06-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Like Rex, this guy is unfortunately a highly anticipated figure that turned to disappointment. True, he did get a few perks that Rex didn't, like the ball-joint hips, but those are hindered by the awful peg angle. And the cloth kama doesn't excuse the fact that the figure is incredibly tiny compared pretty much every other clone figure in the line. My excitement to see new Clone Wars figures is greatly diminished if we keep seeing this poor execution.

rgeezzy
06-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Altho an odd character selection, This figure is actually a nice little sculpt w/ some good pose-ability.
Besides the obvious shortcoming on height, be mindful of paint apps, particularly on the helmet as it relates to alignment of the red triangle on forehead. I've see some really bad ones.

Trooper31
06-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Besides being a bit short, I really like this figure. It has that McQ feel to it. I'll have to compare him to those McQ snowtroopers from 2007 and see if he fits with them.

dynodave
06-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Besides being a bit short, I really like this figure. It has that McQ feel to it. I'll have to compare him to those McQ snowtroopers from 2007 and see if he fits with them.

I tried that. If the McQ Snows were about an inch shorter, they would look fantastic with him :/

Internets
06-12-2015, 06:50 AM
I think I'd prefer it Wolffe was an inch taller as opposed to McQ Snows being shorter.

dynodave
06-12-2015, 10:42 AM
I think I'd prefer it Wolffe was an inch taller as opposed to McQ Snows being shorter.

Well yes, that! :)

stylie_steve
06-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Anyone want to trade a TBS phase II Commander Thorn or C-3PO for a Commander Wolffe?

darthchewie
06-13-2015, 10:32 AM
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n435/Theexterminater/photo_zpsx469cryk.jpg (http://s338.photobucket.com/user/Theexterminater/media/photo_zpsx469cryk.jpg.html)
I like this figure. :)

Hitek_Lonoshcin
06-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Despite the height, I broke down and ordered this guy from HTS tonight. It will match well with my other Clone Wars realistic figures and the Doom ordered with it.

Diablo20
06-25-2015, 09:25 PM
http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n435/Theexterminater/photo_zpsx469cryk.jpg (http://s338.photobucket.com/user/Theexterminater/media/photo_zpsx469cryk.jpg.html)
I like this figure. :)

For $12.99, the figure better shoot lasers!

Obi_Wan_Kaboozie
07-07-2015, 03:24 AM
The height difference is pretty jarring now that you've all pointed it out, but this figure is otherwise so well executed that I'd still call him the shining star of this wave. He's the only one who didn't give me an icky sense of disappointment and regret after opening.

dynodave
07-07-2015, 08:28 AM
The height difference is pretty jarring now that you've all pointed it out, but this figure is otherwise so well executed that I'd still call him the shining star of this wave. He's the only one who didn't give me an icky sense of disappointment and regret after opening.

Agreed, well, until I stood him up next to ANY OTHER figure besides an ewok, anyways! :)

Meesa_Mike
07-07-2015, 01:55 PM

I regret purchasing him. I can't get past the height discrepancy. Pin head Rex can be fixed, but a mini clone just looks weird. Stupid Hasbro!

BandHcomics
07-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Holy cow! I didn't think the height thing was that bad, but I just put him next to the VC 45 clone and he looks like a fourth grader next him.

King_D
07-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Holy cow! I didn't think the height thing was that bad, but I just put him next to the VC 45 clone and he looks like a fourth grader next him.

Maybe Dark Horse could release a 12 issue mini-series chronicling the adventures of Clone Cadet Wolffe so this figure would be considered "canon"?

Oh wait, nevermind.....

rgeezzy
07-08-2015, 12:31 PM
I regret purchasing him. I can't get past the height discrepancy. Pin head Rex can be fixed, but a mini clone just looks weird. Stupid Hasbro!

I've posed him both on one knee and on his belly to avoid this quandary, problem solved (kinda)

Nighthawk
07-08-2015, 04:55 PM

Yeah, I wish he were the proper height. This would have been an awesome figure. As for pin head Rex, his head isn't 'that' pin headed. It actually can fit a head under it:
http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t587/cwc_woo/Star%20Wars/20150706_082925_resized_zps0wquha4n.jpg (http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/cwc_woo/media/Star%20Wars/20150706_082925_resized_zps0wquha4n.jpg.html)
http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t587/cwc_woo/Star%20Wars/20150706_082753_resized_zpscfebj9mt.jpg (http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/cwc_woo/media/Star%20Wars/20150706_082753_resized_zpscfebj9mt.jpg.html)

ThallJoben
07-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Picked up Clone Comander Wolffe today @ Target. Got the last one. It was painful to pay the $12.99 price, but I know I won't be collecting much after this summer (not getting any of TFA toys), so I guess I can handle the drain on my wallet ;)

Anyway, good but not great figure. Not a huge Clone fan, but this figure is more interesting than most of them...

blowtorchscorch
08-12-2015, 01:25 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20150811_190407.jpg ('http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20150811_190407.jpg') http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20150811_190407.jpg ('http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20150811_190407.jpg') http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1/thumbs/20150811_1904071.jpg ('http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1/20150811_1904071.jpg')

blowtorchscorch
08-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Sorry guys forgot to say these are my customs of Wolffe and Comet. I customised them to the correct height, I raised their legs and fitted new skirts to fit the length.

Cell
08-13-2015, 02:20 AM
Sorry guys forgot to say these are my customs of Wolffe and Comet. I customised them to the correct height, I raised their legs and fitted new skirts to fit the length.

These improvements make the figure look ten times better. Would you mind telling us what you did to give the legs some additional length? And what material did you use for the kama? Thanks in advance!

Cell
08-13-2015, 02:24 AM
Oh, I forgot to ask for some close-ups of Wolffe and your custom Comet in particular. :)

Koth
08-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Me also. What helmet did you use?

I got my Wolffe today and I have to say this. This is the most disappointing figure EVER! The body is just all wrong and the head is too small. Boohoo!

blowtorchscorch
08-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Having watched Clone Wars the lost mission, I noticed with Wolfe they missed out white detail on the mouthpiece plus the skirt needed to be a bit longer. So, because Wolfe was not the same size as the other clones I customised him as follows

On the legs I cut the shins between the top blue line and the top ankle blue line. I drilled a few mm and pegged it with matchstick and glue, taking care to avoid the ball joint on the knees and ankles to retain articulation of both joints. Using a Rex clone trooper as a reference point for the height, I then sculpted a new leg using Milliput two part epoxy putty and left to dry. Then I sanded it to size using existing leg dimensions either side on the extension. I then painted it with acrylic paint.

With the skirt I noticed it was too short so using some roofing membrane which I use in the building industry I took a template from the existing skirt and made it longer and painted again with acrylic paint.

On clone trooper comet, I used another Wolfe figure because the paint apps were crap on it and addressed the same issues with the skirt and legs but in addition I customised his helmet. Using a Wolfe helmet I cut off the antenna from his left shoulder and on the righthan side of the helmet I cut off the rangefinder and painted his helmet using stills from the Clone Wars Lost Mission.

On his skirt I cut off the holsters and sculpted some pouches from McQuarrie concept Snowtrooper and glued them onto the skirt and painted them in.

patrickdurfee
11-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Anyone ever buy the older Clone Wars 2012 Wolffe figure where the head sculpt of that figure has the cool eye scar on his face?

Billy_Ray
11-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Nope, nobody bought it.

AaylaSecurasMan
05-27-2016, 10:19 AM
It seems that they will be re-packing this short Wolffe?

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4540/medium/LukeEpisodeVII.jpg

Nighthawk
05-27-2016, 11:29 AM
The only reason I never got this figure was his height. Such a nice looking figure too if it weren't for that.

Utinniii
05-27-2016, 01:11 PM
So he was short-short packed?

HothHan
05-27-2016, 01:30 PM
It seems that they will be re-packing this short Wolffe?

I guess we will know shortly...

DarthBre
05-28-2016, 05:49 PM
I would be happy with a repack if they have corrected the height issue (corrected the torso)

R1G4R3PO
05-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Based on the source of the info, not being negative, I am not expecting a mass release. The source is from an Italian (?) weekly subscription service, look at the release dates. Also luke ep7 is #35 or so..further supports subscription service since Hasbro would not rel esa ase that many figs in such short time. And new currentvunreleased figsvon the list, like ep7 like, are likely a future smaller wm wave. Grant it, wm wv could see repack but not this many at once.

R1G4R3PO
05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Sorry for typos, I'm still not used to my new phone
..and still no forum edit feature

CMDR_Appo
05-31-2016, 11:12 AM
Seeing how these are dated for the end of the year, it could easily be wave 1 for the Rogue 1 era of 3.75 figures, especially when the first wave of TFA's era was all repacks. If they updated Wolffe's height it'd be cool, although unlikely. I usually have all my Clones in action poses on display, so it helps hide his height atm lol.

War_in_The_floor
05-31-2016, 12:38 PM
Hasbro has a million clone body molds, all they would have to do is just put that paint app on a different body.

Nighthawk
05-31-2016, 02:04 PM
Hasbro has a million clone body molds, all they would have to do is just put that paint app on a different body.

That would never happen cause that would involve Hasbro admitting they were wrong on the scale for Wolffe if they were to do that.

DarthBre
06-01-2016, 03:25 AM
All it takes is replacing that upper torso part, then height should be ok. Sadly it probably wont happen so would prefer the old republic trooper released instead

Masterfett
06-01-2016, 10:44 AM
I honestly don't see how they could make that mistake. By now, they should know the basic height for a Clone!
Is it really that difficult to pay attention to details when it comes to you JOB? :rolleyes:

The people at Hasbro sound like the same people who run Walmart. lol