PDA

View Full Version : Momaw Nadon - Rumour

GNT
07-13-2014, 10:30 PM
This figure has popped up on the latest rumoured toy list, worth getting excited over?

Okami
07-13-2014, 10:33 PM
I was actually very happy with the last incarnation of this figure, so I would have preferred a never-produced patron or a redo of one that's desperately in need like Lak.

my_kind_of_scum
07-13-2014, 10:35 PM
The last version was such an amazing sculpt that I have a hard time getting excited for this one. Sure, knees would be nice to sit at a cantina table, but I'm not dying to see a new Momaw figure. (As he's a cantina alien, I will most likely buy him, though...) Maybe with TBS having the larger bubbles, we could see some sort of cantina accessory packed in?

Since we've already seen Momaw twice, it would have been cool if this had been one of the PT Ithorians - at least in my opinion. I realize we are in a big OT push going into E7, but there are so many cool obscure PT versions of the OT alien races, too...

kk1
07-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Ehh lots of other cantina patrons to do or redo (like the Smoker) before good ol Hammerhead, but since I never picked up the last one I'll get it, unless its somehow not as good as that one.

kk1
07-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Ehh lots of other cantina patrons to do or redo (like the Smoker) before good ol Hammerhead, but since I never picked up the last one I'll get it, unless its somehow not as good as that one.

They should give us his puppeteer in the hood sitting next to him as an accessory haha
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/1964851_10152324002820127_777615871_n.jpg

Kareth
07-14-2014, 12:16 AM
The last version was such an amazing sculpt that I have a hard time getting excited for this one. Sure, knees would be nice to sit at a cantina table, but I'm not dying to see a new Momaw figure. (As he's a cantina alien, I will most likely buy him, though...) Maybe with TBS having the larger bubbles, we could see some sort of cantina accessory packed in?

Since we've already seen Momaw twice, it would have been cool if this had been one of the PT Ithorians - at least in my opinion. I realize we are in a big OT push going into E7, but there are so many cool obscure PT versions of the OT alien races, too...

completely agree

tanksmasher
07-14-2014, 12:21 AM
I've been anticipating a new Momaw ever since we got the last Snaggletooth and Ponda. Those three along with Greedo make up the Classic Kenner Cantina Four. I almost wish they'd resculpt Greedo with a plastic vest, resembling the 6" version. I think this new mold could be impressive.

Shadow_Imperium
07-14-2014, 12:30 AM

Yeah, unless they start making dio pieces I don't see a need for this one. The 2006 version is amazing, and while I'm usually all for SA updates, I'm happy with it as is. BoShek, Lak Sivrak, and Labria are tops on my list of cantina redoes.

starwars
07-14-2014, 12:48 AM
I would like a new one that can sit. Would also like to see someday new bo shek, nabrun leids, kabe and muftak.

starwars
07-14-2014, 12:51 AM
oh and wuher also

Darth_Brett
07-14-2014, 02:00 AM
I welcome a new Hammerhead, too. The '06 figure still is very nice. But the lack of elbow and knee joints just makes the figure useless in a bar sitting down. Even swivel joints would have been welcome back then. Just hope it's a complete upgrade. I always notice when Hasbro redoes a lot of their figures, something always ends up being a downgrade on the new figure. Sometimes it's a less accurate sculpt, a missing paint app, a detail missed; or even as we've seen with Ponda & Ree-Yees, a shrunken head.

TK_842
07-14-2014, 07:06 AM
Even though it's been erased in the latest ANH edit, i would have taken a new Lak Sivrak over this Momaw Nadon. Last edition is pretty much up to date if you ask me.

Masterfett
07-14-2014, 10:14 AM
While I'm in no hurry for an update, I'd definitely buy one if made. The old one is a very nice figure, but the possibilities with a new SA figure are almost limitless!
I'd buy a couple if possible, for customs!

Scarrviper
07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
The saga version was great for the time, and the sculpt still holds up, but the articulation was lacking. An update is welcome in my collection, but I fear that while the articulation would be improved, they could easily screw something else up in the process.

Darth_Bones
07-14-2014, 11:00 AM
I don't own the latest incarnation of this figure, so I'm very excited for this one!!! To me, I don't care if a figure was made last month, if there's a new one being made and it's better than the one before it, I'm a happy camper!!!

MysterioMaximus
07-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Now this one I might consider, but the last version, the SAGA collection I think it was...was a knockout. So I just don't see this one as really urgent as say, Wuher, Labria, Duros, and some others.

Michael_Knight
07-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I'll take me a Hammerhead anyway. They have always been my favorite species.

Michael_Knight
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Any day***

Cane_Adiss
07-14-2014, 03:56 PM
VERY excited for this, as Momaw has been my favorite character since I was a kid! Hopefully they don't give him a shrunken head...

urbnns69
07-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Can't wait to see the final sculpt for this. I hope they give it the full treatment like they did with Snaggletooth and Ponda Baba. Now, all we need is a Blue Snaggletooth sculpted in similar fashion to the recent red one to finish up the original vintage action figure cantina aliens.

Oddball_Fett
07-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Although the sculpts were good on previous figures I'd like an update. My Cantina dudes need to sit down!

Can't wait to see the final sculpt for this. I hope they give it the full treatment like they did with Snaggletooth and Ponda Baba. Now, all we need is a Blue Snaggletooth sculpted in similar fashion to the recent red one to finish up the original vintage action figure cantina aliens.

Sorry, Blue Snags is EU. :P

Apart from the CW ones that is.

VornJithco
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
more than happy to have this guy!!!!....never got the 06' version, only have the original & 1996 figure.

urbnns69
07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Although the sculpts were good on previous figures I'd like an update. My Cantina dudes need to sit down!

Sorry, Blue Snags is EU. :P

Apart from the CW ones that is.

Nope. Blue Snags is not EU. He was an error figure produced in the original Kenner line. The sculptor designed the blue snaggletooth figure before seeing the full body character as it was shown in the film. Once the error was discovered, Blue Snags was discontinued and Red Snaggletooth was produced in its place.

Oddball_Fett
07-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Nope. Blue Snags is not EU. He was an error figure produced in the original Kenner line. The sculptor designed the blue snaggletooth figure before seeing the full body character as it was shown in the film. Once the error was discovered, Blue Snags was discontinued and Red Snaggletooth was produced in its place.

Yeah I know the story behind it, but Blue Snags was never on film. Ergo, EU. As is Red Snags too.

KiAdiRandy
07-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Bring on HAMMERHEAD!!! The reason I think this guy has so much potential is the fact that they can risk to take a few more liberties bellow the waist. :P Sure we have some sketches, but we've never actually seen what the character's lower half actually looks like.

Nerfherder
07-21-2014, 10:17 AM
I'd like him to have a blue one-piece swimsuit.

my_kind_of_scum
07-21-2014, 11:28 AM
I'd like him to have a blue one-piece swimsuit.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. Will have to see it otherwise before I decide. The last one was so good... I love Ithorians, though.

John_Solo
07-21-2014, 11:56 AM
I would buy that in a heartbeat. Will have to see it otherwise before I decide. The last one was so good... I love Ithorians, though.

It's a great piece of creature design. I still can't believe they made a Roron Corobb figure.

Jabbapalacespy
07-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm not complaining about this one. I've been wanting an update for a long time now.

JVM
12-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Kind of looking forward to this -- I never had the TSC version, and I'm considering ordering it soon and all but he's deserving of an upgrade, but maybe I just say that because I only have the boring Saga '02 version.

*crosses fingers for a Ponda Baba reissue*

lordtyrannus
12-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Kind of looking forward to this -- I never had the TSC version, and I'm considering ordering it soon and all but he's deserving of an upgrade, but maybe I just say that because I only have the boring Saga '02 version. *crosses fingers for a Ponda Baba reissue*

Boring? How much more exciting can this guy possibly get? :-)

my_kind_of_scum
12-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Didn't Hasbro say in a NYCC interview that this one was *not* coming?

MARK2D2
12-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Really wish this guy would come out -- or even better that a Hammerhead would be a bit player with lines in Episode VII, VIII, or IX.

my_kind_of_scum
12-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Well, there were Hammerheads in each of the three prequels (as well as many on TCW) and we never saw a figure of those, so I wouldn't expect a ST Ithorian to fare much better with Hasbro.

MARK2D2
12-27-2014, 07:57 PM
They were blink and you miss them cameos though...

my_kind_of_scum
12-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah, none of the PT Ithorians had lines, but several had lines in the Clone Wars. Of course, Hasbro just didn't go very deep on the Clone Wars line with character choice...

MARK2D2
12-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Well, the did make this....

Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC31roron.asp)

ThallJoben
12-28-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm completely satisfied with the Saga?! version of Momaw Nadon that came out in the mid-late 200X's. Great sculpt & articulation.

And, though the 1996 POTF2 version probably seems sub-par to many these days, at the time of it's release it was one of my favorite figures...

my_kind_of_scum
12-29-2014, 10:40 AM
I also think the Saga version is still a great figure. Honestly, I'd prefer one of the PT Ithorians, honestly. The one from the band in the podracing stadium or one of the senators could be cool...

Doop
12-29-2014, 04:47 PM
All I want is Hammerhead. I have every other version of him and I'd love a new one.

mandalorehunter
12-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Same here, I want a definitive version of momaw. That last one had a great sculpt, just wish there was a bit more articulation.

darth_sidious
12-30-2014, 02:28 PM
I loved Hammerhead as a kid, so I think a 5 POA Rebels version of him in the blue outfit would be cool, but I don't think Momaw Nadon needs to be resculpted. Its one of my favorite figures from that Saga line, and sports an excellent sculpt and great deco. It lacks SA, but I don't care much about articulation anymore.

my_kind_of_scum
12-30-2014, 04:27 PM
I would definitely buy a modern sculpt of the blue outfit Ithorian, but not in the 5 poa style. (heck, I already have that blue outfit Hammerhead with 5 poa...)

Doop
12-30-2014, 05:45 PM
I would definitely buy a modern sculpt of the blue outfit Ithorian, but not in the 5 poa style. (heck, I already have that blue outfit Hammerhead with 5 poa...)
Count me in on some background rebels figures. Especially Hammerhead.

fumetti
12-30-2014, 06:33 PM
This figure has popped up on the latest rumoured toy list, worth getting excited over?

YES!

Need a SA "vintage" release for this guy. If he's as well-made as the latest "Walrus Man," I'll certainly buy several. One for Momaw Nadon himself, and others for customs (I play an Ithorian Jedi in the SW rpg).

starwars
12-30-2014, 06:38 PM
If anyone from hasbro is reading this, please get this one out ASAP along with a new Lobot!

JVM
12-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Question - what accessories would people want with a new Momaw? The unique/neat POTF weapon or another staff? Or both? I think we'd all want a bar glass or two.

If he's as well-made as the latest "Walrus Man," I'll certainly buy several.
We could use a re-release of him, too. Still feel dumb for not picking him up the one time I spotted him.

Darth_Brett
01-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Definitely a glass and then probably the staff and maybe a very small blaster pistol as well.

LordEdzo
01-02-2015, 11:13 AM
They should give us his puppeteer in the hood sitting next to him as an accessory haha
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/1964851_10152324002820127_777615871_n.jpg

Love this behind-the-scenes photo! Never seen it before.

Waggy
01-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Love that Jedi in shades in the pic above ^^^

JediMerc
01-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Love that Jedi in shades in the pic above ^^^

Wizzzzzaaard!