PDA

View Full Version : 1:1 Bust Wish List

cornpone
06-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I thought we had a thread on this before the new forum rollout, so apologies if it's a repeat I'm just not seeing. SSC has made some awesome life size busts, and I had high hopes of seeing a handful yearly, but they seem to have slowed to a crawl. So, here's a list of my top picks, and your input is most welcome!

Instant Buys:
1. Nien Nunb << c'mon...he and Ackbar could star in a sitcom >>
2. Commander Cody (E3, removable helmet)
3. Plo Koon (with removable shields)
4. Watto (with or without hat...I don't care, but mouth open enough to hold a cigar)
5. Sebulba (with removable goggles)

Long Shots:
A. Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus
B. LOBOT (electronics, and a remote control to open & close his eyes)
C. General Grievous (with removable mask)
D. Yarael Poof << gotta love Olive-on-a-Toothpick >>
E. Wat Tambor (with voice controls)

Seriously, though...Ackbar and Nunb should have a sitcom.

jerrywampa
06-24-2014, 03:35 AM
It has been some time since the last release, but at least it allows us completists time to catch up. I wonder if they're waiting for all the current busts to sell out first. Hopefully we shall hear an announcement at this years SDCC.
I'd love to see an IG88 Bust, Tusken Raider or even Tie pilot with chest plate and hoses. Also think Bib Fortuna would look great in this format but he wouldn't be at the top of my list.

JediEddy
06-24-2014, 07:22 AM
It has been some time since the last release, but at least it allows us completists time to catch up. I wonder if they're waiting for all the current busts to sell out first. Hopefully we shall hear an announcement at this years SDCC.
I'd love to see an IG88 Bust, Tusken Raider or even Tie pilot with chest plate and hoses. Also think Bib Fortuna would look great in this format but he wouldn't be at the top of my list.

I approve of every one of your suggestions...especially IG-88! He would make a spectacular bust!

cornpone
06-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Ditto. I left off Bib thinking his head would be too large, but IG-88 and a Tusken Raider would rock.

jerrywampa
06-24-2014, 06:03 PM
I Have a feeling the next one we see will be a Stormtrooper bust. I did ask a sideshow employee at last years SDCC. I initially thought it was going to be a Snowtrooper, (There was a lot of talk suggesting that around this time last year ) But he "implied" it'd be a regular trooper. Time will tell!

Sergiu
06-25-2014, 04:42 AM
I Have a feeling the next one we see will be a Stormtrooper bust. I did ask a sideshow employee at last years SDCC. I initially thought it was going to be a Snowtrooper, (There was a lot of talk suggesting that around this time last year ) But he "implied" it'd be a regular trooper. Time will tell!

I only hope a SSC Stormtrooper bust will look ok. There are so many other options out there that SSC really needs to put some effort in making it look nice, and not as their 1:6 and 1:4 PF. But I'm sure people will buy this bust even if made from an obsolete F/X TK helmet (SSC already recasted the Vader helmet for their 1:1 bust from Portumac).

As someone on Sideshow Freaks said a couple years ago: "if Sideshow would release a rock with a pebble as exclusive, there will be at least 50 people to buy it instantly, and then declare how much they love it".

Woody
06-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I really want to see Dooku so I can complete the movie Sith Lord set.

Gartogg
06-26-2014, 08:19 AM
I would love to see a Tusken or any of the imperial troopers. AT-AT driver is at the top of my list tho!!!

kevb0977
06-26-2014, 06:51 PM
I would love to see a Tusken or any of the imperial troopers. AT-AT driver is at the top of my list tho!!!

An AT AT Driver bust would be great, as would a Tie Fighter Pilot or a Biker Scout. :)

Msjedi36
06-26-2014, 10:33 PM
These bust take up some room so not sure I can get more of these but it would be tough to pass up a AT-AT driver bust.

Sergiu
06-27-2014, 04:38 AM
1:1 AT-AT Driver bust? From Sideshow? To be honest I'm not sure... There are a few much better options out there.

Gartogg
06-27-2014, 09:21 AM
It's been along time on any news in this line.... The other options Serg mentioned might be the only options going forward

Msjedi36
06-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't count out the AT-AT driver I mean they did a cantina band member after all. It's probably more likely they would do a stormtrooper or another alien type character. If I had to guess I would say a Tusken Raider is next.

Sergiu
06-28-2014, 04:09 AM
I'm not saying SSC might not do an AT-AT Driver. But imagine the quality and accuracy compared to the other options out there. Plus not sure if you will get the chest-box attached (remember Fett doesn't have the jet-pack, not even a small part of it), because without it it won't look good. The AT Driver is one of the most complex costumes out there, and most of it because of the cool greeblies that come with it. Then you need to consider the color: white or gray? As I already said, there are much better options out there, very accurate and great looking, especially fan made like Laws on Moncal

cornpone
06-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Nien Nunb...plz.

Gartogg
06-29-2014, 06:17 PM
I would also like to see a Kenobi bust just so I could have all my Mythos displayed next to the corresponding bust.

kevb0977
07-06-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm surprised Sideshow haven't taken the 501st clone trooper bust & made a shock trooper, Utapau, standard white clone or even Commander Gree. :)

Heinrick
07-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Sandtrooper...don't we all??

kevb0977
07-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Sandtrooper...don't we all??

That'd be great, along with a Stormtrooper of course. :)

StarWarsHelmets
07-14-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm not saying SSC might not do an AT-AT Driver. But imagine the quality and accuracy compared to the other options out there. Plus not sure if you will get the chest-box attached (remember Fett doesn't have the jet-pack, not even a small part of it), because without it it won't look good. The AT Driver is one of the most complex costumes out there, and most of it because of the cool greeblies that come with it. Then you need to consider the color: white or gray? As I already said, there are much better options out there, very accurate and great looking, especially fan made like Laws on Moncal

I'm with you Sergiu on this. It would have to have at least the upper portion of the chest box, but more importantly I don't think Sideshow has the knowledge-base on this ultra-rare helmet to really do it justice. Unfortunately, I have a feeling they would make it white too - continuing that crazy Kenner mistake from 1980!

Cheers

Jez
www.StarWarsHelmets.com (http://www.StarWarsHelmets.com)

Sergiu
07-15-2014, 05:33 AM
Gla top see you back Jez, we miss your knowledge here :)

John32
07-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Nien Nunb...plz. That would be cool. I for one would LOVE a Hammerhead, a Tusken Raider, Emperor's royal guard, Aurra Sing, Chewbacca, Logray, Yak Face, Shaak Ti, and wouldn't Tessek aka Squuid head look amazing in this scale "?

TRDNiteLife
07-22-2014, 08:56 PM
That would be cool. I for one would LOVE a Hammerhead, a Tusken Raider, Emperor's royal guard, Aurra Sing, Chewbacca, Logray, Yak Face, Shaak Ti, and wouldn't Tessek aka Squuid head look amazing in this scale "?

No need to wait for Sideshow. 1:1 scale life-size Tusken Raider bust. (http://www.therpf.com/f62/1-1-scale-life-size-tusken-raider-bust-206367/)

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af260/bloodfreak68/Work/Portfolio/Tusken%20Bust/P1060857.jpg

cornpone
07-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Nicely done!

So, I guess the 1:1 bust line is either second-hand or what's still offered. Oh well, some deserving artists will get my bucks instead.

cornpone
08-02-2014, 09:44 PM
I gotta guess SSC hit a wall with pricing, and doesn't feel the non-key, movie characters worth the effort. With their life-size figures and 12" variants, they seem to me to be on a cash grab. I hope it's just a lull, and the busts will make a comeback soon. But, re-releasing Vader without the extra stand, unsold stock on the band frontman, and no SDCC displays, it looks like we have a breather to look around for others missed when first offered.

But, Nien Nunb, I'm ready!

TRDNiteLife
08-03-2014, 08:56 AM
I'll post pics of my Nien Nunb bust when I'm done.

kevb0977
08-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I'll post pics of my Nien Nunb bust when I'm done.

I've always liked Nien Nunb, I think it's his funny little laugh that endeared him to me as a kid..., anyway I look forward to seeing your Nien Nunb. :)

cornpone
08-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Can't wait to see your work, and agreed..endearing character. I forget if it was Family Guy or Robot Chicken, but one had him have a wild cackling laugh, which I enjoyed. His Jedi laugh is so perfect. I'd like to see him in the new films.

cornpone
10-03-2014, 11:07 PM
So the rumor of Nien Nunb being in E7 has only made my hope for him to have a 1:1 bust produced move to the top of my wish list by a wide margin.

cornpone
06-19-2015, 10:36 AM
So, if the pic is true, Nien Nunb finally needs a SideShow 1:1 bust treatment.

DarthJet
07-08-2015, 05:46 PM
So the rumor of Nien Nunb being in E7 has only made my hope for him to have a 1:1 bust produced move to the top of my wish list by a wide margin.

Agree with Nien Nunb!

would also like to see a Dooku to complete the axis of Evil....

Rock
08-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Blue snag!! They could make both the red and blue pretty easy. You know they would sell.

StarWarsHelmets
09-06-2015, 09:05 AM
I got the impression Sideshow was done with SW busts - is there any evidence to the contrary (not a loaded question)?

Jedimasterlawyer
11-18-2015, 11:48 PM
I would love a Chewbacca, or Thrawn 1:1 bust.