PDA

View Full Version : SSC 1:1 scale General Grievous

HegoDamask
05-11-2014, 05:13 AM
Thought I'd put up a pic of my lifesize grievous bust as their isn't a thread on this piece. It's one of my favourite pieces in my collection and the detail is amazing, the picture really doesn't do it justice.
http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss170/sonnywinsor/SAM_0485.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/sonnywinsor/media/SAM_0485.jpg.html)

kevb0977
05-11-2014, 05:23 AM
There will be a thread somewhere regarding this piece, it's just not always easy finding the older topics BUT I'm sure admin will find it. :) Anyway that aside, very nice collectible you have there..., I wouldn't mind owning this piece myself. Unfortunately I wasn't collecting high end collectibles when Sideshow made him so he's not really in my price range, how long ago did you buy yours & congrats on having an epic collectible in your collection? :)

HegoDamask
05-11-2014, 05:57 AM
I got it when it was first released, had it on preorder through play.com for 350, had an absolute nightmare actually getting him as they kept changing the delivery date and such that I honestly thought it wasn't going to happen, then it just turned up one day. I thought the price was actually quite reasonable, especially once I'd opened it.

kevb0977
05-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Yeah, that was a good price..., you can't get a 1:1 scale bust for that kind of money now-a-days, that's for sure. :) Release dates get pushed back all the time, they are quite frustrating really but that's part of the joy of being a collector I guess. lol ;)

TRDNiteLife
05-11-2014, 06:25 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1029713/ (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t992606/)

HegoDamask
05-11-2014, 06:33 AM
I don't know if delayed release date is fun lol I would love to get more of them but I've had a daughter since I got grievous so funds aren't as readily available as they used to be. I have picked up the Maul and Rex 1:2 legendary scale busts this year. Which are pretty awesome pieces

kevb0977
05-11-2014, 06:51 AM
I have the Rex bust & I like it a lot, I want to get the Cody one to go with it now & I'm looking to get the Darth Sidious version too. I didn't like how Darth Maul's mouth looked on the legendary scale bust, it seemed odd..., I take it that it looks better in hand?

HegoDamask
05-11-2014, 07:04 AM
I got Rex and Maul at the same time and out of the two, Rex was the one I was most excited about. That is until I opened them up, the detail on Maul is awesome!! Right down tho the stitching and fabric effect on his robe. I found Rex a little plain and it's quite a bit bigger than Maul.

kevb0977
05-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Interesting, good to know. :) I was happy with Rex & wanted the bust as a companion piece for my premium format statue of him..., Rex is my favourite clone (followed closely by Cody). :)

HegoDamask
05-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Interesting, good to know. :) I was happy with Rex & wanted the bust as a companion piece for my premium format statue of him..., Rex is my favourite clone (followed closely by Cody). :)
I've always been more of a GG collector really as side show is more expensive, I would love to have more of their stuff because the quality is far superior to GG. I only have 4 of their pieces, the Maul and Rex 1:2 busts, Grievous 1:1 bust and the yoda vs Dooku diorama. I think GG have lost a bit of their appeal lately so am leaning towards picking up more sideshow bits in the future. I remember when the Cody 1:2 was revealed at SDCC, I was desperate to get it but missed out on it, I couldn't find one recently so that's why I got Rex and Maul

kevb0977
05-11-2014, 02:37 PM
I have a lot of Gentle Giant statues, mini-busts & maquettes (well I've got vertually all of the mini-busts), also got quite a bit of Kotobukiya's figures..., Sideshow wise I've not bought a huge amount, I've got 18 of their figures, 4 premium formats, the Rex bust & the Mythos statues..., I rather stupidly didn't realise the Cody bust was 1:2 scale & assumed it was 1:1 scale so figured I'd have no room for it, it was only after it'd sold out that I realised I'd have been able to fit it into my collection, thankfully I pay more attention now though. :)