PDA

View Full Version : Yoda !:1 scale

darthgordon
04-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Possibly to be revealed this May the 4th on SS

kevb0977
04-25-2014, 04:05 PM
I look forward to seeing what they come up with pose wise. :) I'm hoping we'll finally find out what they are going to be doing with the McQuarrie concepts.

DarthDad
04-26-2014, 09:25 AM
^
agreed. Price?

TRDNiteLife
04-26-2014, 04:50 PM
$2.5K? I have a life-size bust already. Could I justify just a lot more to have a full size statue? Unlikely. :|

LightSword
04-27-2014, 04:36 PM
I really want this one in my collection. I'm selling three PT life size items I no longer want (space issues) so this Yoda and Salacious Crumb will be the only two life size figures I'll keep.

kevb0977
04-27-2014, 04:41 PM
I really want this one in my collection. I'm selling three PT life size items I no longer want (space issues) so this Yoda and Salacious Crumb will be the only two life size figures I'll keep.

So what's going to make room for Yoda?

LightSword
04-27-2014, 04:48 PM
So what's going to make room for Yoda?

I have a lifesize Anakin standing next to my collection room door. Once Anakin goes bye-bye, Master Yoda will guard the room :)

kevb0977
04-27-2014, 04:53 PM
I have a lifesize Anakin standing next to my collection room door. Once Anakin goes bye-bye, Master Yoda will guard the room :)

Well I'm sure Yoda will be the better guard for the room..., I can't get anything like this one myself because of a lack of space, that's life though. I think if they get the pose & the facial sculpt right he should look pretty cool, I'm sure they will do a good job. :)

LightSword
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Well I'm sure Yoda will be the better guard for the room..., I can't get anything like this one myself because of a lack of space, that's life though. I think if they get the pose & the facial sculpt right he should look pretty cool, I'm sure they will do a good job. :)

I'm hoping that will be case, Kev. I've always wanted a good depiction of Yoda in life size form. I have the Blockbuster/Pepsi life size Yoda that was made for EP 1, but it has never been much to my liking. I'd prefer an OT Yoda, and this one could be the one.

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 01:21 AM
I'm hoping that will be case, Kev. I've always wanted a good depiction of Yoda in life size form. I have the Blockbuster/Pepsi life size Yoda that was made for EP 1, but it has never been much to my liking. I'd prefer an OT Yoda, and this one could be the one.

So, the 1:1 scale Attakus original trilogy Yoda monument hasn't been to your liking either then? I think that one is ok myself but the cheapest I can get it delivered to me is for just shy of 1,000.00 so I've never really felt like committing the cash to it, despite being 1:1 scale..., anyway the Attakus statue sounds as if it's going to be cheaper than the Sideshow one so I was wondering what didn't appeal to you about the one already available?

LightSword
04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
So, the 1:1 scale Attakus original trilogy Yoda monument hasn't been to your liking either then? I think that one is ok myself but the cheapest I can get it delivered to me is for just shy of 1,000.00 so I've never really felt like committing the cash to it, despite being 1:1 scale..., anyway the Attakus statue sounds as if it's going to be cheaper than the Sideshow one so I was wondering what didn't appeal to you about the one already available?

Nothing, really. Since I collect very few Attakus statues, I pretty much had no idea one existed. Do you have a link to a good picture of it :)

P. S: Is it this one? ...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Star-wars-Life-Size-YODA-Statue-by-Attakus-a-must-for-any-Star-Wars-Fan-RARE-/00/s/NjAwWDQ1MA==/z/aGkAAOxyMxJSMgOE/$T2eC16ZHJF0FFZvVeqH3BSMgODlgp!~~60_3.JPG

Kev, if the picture above is of the one you mentioned then I'd say I still prefer the SSC one. The one above is not bad, but it is more a big statue rather than a figure. I prefer the SSC version because of the pose and the eyes being opened. The one above has molded on hair, while Sideshow's has "real" hair. When it comes to life size figures, unlike I feel about statues, I prefer a more realistic feel to the touch such as fabric and hair.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1225/gs0.jpg

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Yes the Attakus one is the one you put a picture up of, it looks better from other angles too I think & there are close ups of the face, Yoda's eyes aren't completely closed..., I quite like it myself & prefer the polystone or resin look to fabric & hair..., I've just found it for less than 800.00 now too, quite surprised about that but as I have nowhere to put it I guess I haven't looked to closely into the best price out there.

LightSword
04-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Yes the Attakus one is the one you put a picture up of, it looks better from other angles too I think & there are close ups of the face, Yoda's eyes aren't completely closed..., I quite like it myself & prefer the polystone or resin look to fabric & hair..., I've just found it for less than 800.00 now too, quite surprised about that but as I have nowhere to put it I guess I haven't looked to closely into the best price out there.

That's not a bad deal for a life size Attakus statue considering their first Vader costs practically that much. Not a bad statue at all, but like I said, when it comes to life size characters I rather get them sporting "soft goods". Speaking of Attakus, I'm receiving today another one of their staues I've been after for a while.

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 08:54 AM
That's not a bad deal for a life size Attakus statue considering their first Vader costs practically that much. Not a bad statue at all, but like I said, when it comes to life size characters I rather get them sporting "soft goods". Speaking of Attakus, I'm receiving today another one of their staues I've been after for a while.

I would like a 1:1 scale item but if I were to buy one I think I'd like one of Sideshow's busts, probably the 501st clone trooper or C3PO. :) The Attakus statue is real nice though & if space & cash weren't an issue I'd buy one without hesitation.

What new one are you getting??? Funnily enough I too am expecting another (which will be my 14th), it should turn up Wednesday according to DHL & it's the 1:5 scale Darth Maul. :)

LightSword
04-28-2014, 09:18 AM
What new one are you getting??? Funnily enough I too am expecting another (which will be my 14th), it should turn up Wednesday according to DHL & it's the 1:5 scale Darth Maul. :)

I don't know if you remember a year or two ago I posted about getting from Amazon what in pictures and description claimed to be an Attakus statue. This was meant as a present for my wife but when I received it, it was broken in several pieces and instead of Attakus, it was the Legends in 3D what the seller sent me. That was the Gamorrean Guard I was expecting to get. Ever since then I waited for a good deal to come my way. One came up last week from BBTS. They have the Gamorrean guard on sale for $200.00 so I couldn't let it pass. I also picked up the last of the MR. .45 scale lightsabers I was missing, that being Qui-Gon's for $60.00 which usually sells for at least $40.00 more. Shipping for both pieces was just $16.00 so, I believe I got a great deal. The Gamorrean guard is my wife's favorite character, thus I know she is going to love the pig! :)

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't know if you remember a year or two ago I posted about getting from Amazon what in pictures and description claimed to be an Attakus statue. This was meant as a present for my wife but when I received it, it was broken in several pieces and instead of Attakus, it was the Legends in 3D what the seller sent me. That was the Gamorrean Guard I was expecting to get. Ever since then I waited for a good deal to come my way. One came up last week from BBTS. They have the Gamorrean guard on sale for $200.00 so I couldn't let it pass. I also picked up the last of the MR. .45 scale lightsabers I was missing, that being Qui-Gon's for $60.00 which usually sells for at least $40.00 more. Shipping for both pieces was just $16.00 so, I believe I got a great deal. The Gamorrean guard is my wife's favorite character, thus I know she is going to love the pig! :)

Yes I remember your incident with the Amazon seller, I've got the Attakus Gamorrean Guard statue already, it's a really nice piece..., you'll love it, very realistic I think. :) Qui Gon is my favourite Jedi, wouldn't mind getting his light sabre myself..., only seen the 1:1 scale versions for sale though. :)

LightSword
04-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes I remember your incident with the Amazon seller, I've got the Attakus Gamorrean Guard statue already, it's a really nice piece..., you'll love it, very realistic I think. :) Qui Gon is my favourite Jedi, wouldn't mind getting his light sabre myself..., only seen the 1:1 scale versions for sale though. :)

I've also waited for a while to get that Qui-Gon lightsaber. I didn't feel like paying as much as some sellers ask for it and, since patience is part of collecting, I waited. BBTS had it last week when I went looking for the Gamorrean Guard statue. I probably bought the last Qui-Gon scaled saber they had. The minute I placed my order, the SOLD OUT signed came up. I pretty much lucked out.

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 09:54 AM
I've also waited for a while to get that Qui-Gon lightsaber. I didn't feel like paying as much as some sellers ask for it and, since patience is part of collecting, I waited. BBTS had it last week when I went looking for the Gamorrean Guard statue. I probably bought the last Qui-Gon scaled saber they had. The minute I placed my order, the SOLD OUT signed came up. I pretty much lucked out.

I'm to slow down my collecting now because of space problems, I've got a few preorders still plus I've promised a forum member I'll buy the Gentle Giant Yoda statue next month & the month after that I've committed to buying 7 mini-busts, that'll be it then..., apart from the 1:5 scale X-Wing Luke Skywalker Attakus statue which another forum member is keeping for me, just not sure where these bigger things will go though & it's a pain really because I'll have to be doing the rotation thing if I want to see more of my stuff..., definitely need more space. :(

LightSword
04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm to slow down my collecting now because of space problems, I've got a few preorders still plus I've promised a forum member I'll buy the Gentle Giant Yoda statue next month & the month after that I've committed to buying 7 mini-busts, that'll be it then..., apart from the 1:5 scale X-Wing Luke Skywalker Attakus statue which another forum member is keeping for me, just not sure where these bigger things will go though & it's a pain really because I'll have to be doing the rotation thing if I want to see more of my stuff..., definitely need more space. :(

I have the little Yoda statue by GG. It is a great sculpt! My only complaint would be that they made it non removable from the base, and trying to pull Yoda out would break his feet. I really wanted to create a Dagobah base for that statue. Oh well.

Getting back to SSC , I can't wait for that Probe Droid to be released. It is the most anticipated collectible for me this year.

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 11:04 AM
I have the little Yoda statue by GG. It is a great sculpt! My only complaint would be that they made it non removable from the base, and trying to pull Yoda out would break his feet. I really wanted to create a Dagobah base for that statue. Oh well.

Getting back to SSC , I can't wait for that Probe Droid to be released. It is the most anticipated collectible for me this year.

Have you got a picture of the Yoda statue? Don't recall seeing that one, just the busts & the new one their making.

I'm getting the Probe Droid too..., depending on how big the stand is, I'm hoping it'll fit on my ESB display but I'll have to wait & see..., I think my retailers in stock due date is actually January next year so quite a while away yet. :(

LightSword
04-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Have you got a picture of the Yoda statue? Don't recall seeing that one, just the busts & the new one their making.

I'm getting the Probe Droid too..., depending on how big the stand is, I'm hoping it'll fit on my ESB display but I'll have to wait & see..., I think my retailers in stock due date is actually January next year so quite a while away yet. :(

The stand has a 5" diameter. Here is the picture, Kev ...

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc368/LightSword47/YODASTATUE_zpsd97ffdd7.jpg

kevb0977
04-28-2014, 02:42 PM
The stand has a 5" diameter. Here is the picture, Kev ...

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc368/LightSword47/YODASTATUE_zpsd97ffdd7.jpg

Thanks, this one reminds me of the 2nd ESB Kotobukiya Yoda 1:7 scale figure, only the Kotobukiya figure has the better base (in my opinion)..., I wouldn't mind a bigger Yoda but I think the Gentle Giant statue wont make it into my collection.

kevb0977
05-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Collectibles Direct have listed this today, just over 2,000.00..., not something I want but it does look nice from the pictures I've seen. :)

DarthCitrix
05-03-2014, 02:07 AM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/400080-yoda/lg/400080-yoda-002.jpg

Star Wars Yoda Life-Size Figure by Sideshow Collectibles | Sideshow Collectibles (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-yoda-sideshow-collectibles-400080)

Yoda 1:1 is confirmed and priced at $2499.

kevb0977
05-03-2014, 08:03 AM
He looks really cool, that's definitely a picture that speaks to me. :)

Shadow
05-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Looks good and not a bad price for what it is.

DarthDad
05-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Goes to show how much more cost is thrown towards Star Wars characters. Not that I don't like this statue, or even consider it may very well be worth the spend.

I can't see how sideshow justify such price variances though..
For example:
Recently released (I have one on order) is the very limited (500) Christopher Reeve Superman PF (link:DC Comics Superman Premium Format(TM) Figure by Sideshow Col | Sideshow Collectibles (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-superman-sideshow-collectibles-300206/)), which stands at 762mm (a mere 2 inches under Yoda lifesize), yet it is priced at US$425, with a portion of each sale going towards the Reeve foundation in charity.
Admittedly, the Yoda lifesize weighs approx. 6 kgs heavier, and probably is a bit more solid than the Reeve.. but we're talking about a price difference of over US$2000..
IMO, the Yoda lifesize should not really exceed around $1500 if taken comparatively against other product, and at that price they could probably make a lot more $$ given volume sales.

I like the statue, but can't justify the price by comparison..

I hope the Yoda's sell like hotcakes, and as much as I'd like to jump on the bandwagon here, I'm sitting on the fence for awhile.

John32
05-03-2014, 09:06 AM
I bought a lifesize Yoda statue for 750$ a few years ago this price is ridiculous.

kevb0977
05-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I know costs for making collectibles goes up but I do think greed for profit is a factor when it comes to most collectibles, if I do get a 1:1 scale Yoda it'll be the Attakus statue, I can get that for just over 722.00. :)

ambasah
05-03-2014, 09:22 AM
the attakus is not life size.

having said that the SS price is insane. They sell half scale iron man and dr.doom statues for less, which have a lot more detail.

I got my custom mixed media esb yoda with an acrylic case for $500. You can get cyberman's yoda (which kills the SS version in every way) for about $2500.

kevb0977
05-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, just checked & yes..., the Attakus Yoda is only 53cm compared to the Sideshow one that's 81cm, so quite a difference. :)

To be fair, upon checking all the Attakus larger scale Yoda's it doesn't actually say life size so I've probably seen it on an eBay sellers auction in the past & taken it as correct rather than looking into it more thoroughly. At least now I can see the justification for the Sideshow one costing more, I do think it should cost less than the current asking price though.

JGerardi
05-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Cyber mans Yoda? Can you post a link I would love to get a life sized Yoda

JediDave37
05-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Me too- please post some Cyber man's pics. What is Cyberman's price?

SpecialOpsUnit
05-03-2014, 02:16 PM
SS can you make things I can afford?

Thanks.

kevb0977
05-03-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm going to have to stop looking at this one I think, just gone through all of the pictures of Yoda on the Sideshow website & he looks superb, I'm really not a fan of the use of fabric or hair when it comes to my collectibles but this really works well on this statue & gives Yoda a more realistic look (I've surprised myself thinking that)..., unfortunately having done the maths I really can't afford to shell out 2,000.00 on this, as much as I'd like to..., well not spending the 2,000.00 but get the statue I mean. lol ;)

Nipshank
05-03-2014, 02:43 PM
The price on this is an absolute joke, mind you it's a joke on all there life size lately.
Seriously the office staff who's pricing these at SSC must be sniffing a lot of glue or something. Maybe they should check the building for CO, causing them oxygen deprevation in turn these idiotic prices.

JediDave37
05-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I agree. If SS wants to continue to keep it's fan base, they need to price their products where we can afford them. I would love to have a 1:1 Yoda, but I can not justify paying $2500 when I have other bills to pay. Who has this kind of disposable income? That said, I do understand a lot of time and artistic talent go in to making these pieces. SS produces amazing collectibles and all of us SW fans would like to own all of them . Just don't screw the people who support you the most. Especially theses days when we are all experiencing hard times.

LightSword
05-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Wow! That's a beauty. I'm seriously considering getting this one. I've had a life size Yoda in my collection for 15 years but this one is way better. I know the price is high, and I wish these pieces were offered at a lower cost and more reachable, so more collectors had a chance at them. I'm also factoring in the size and detail of the statue, and what the usual life size SSC bust goes for, and even some of their bigger statues. Their items are usually on the more expensive side of things, thus one is to expect offerings of this sort will be quite expensive. I can either buy this after selling three of my life size figures I no longer want, or I can just pay them the amount now. The latter will require my wife's approval and I think she won't be too happy seeing this much go towards a figure rather than our son's college savings. I guess negotiations are to be made. :)

kevb0977
05-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Wow! That's a beauty. I'm seriously considering getting this one. I've had a life size Yoda in my collection for 15 years but this one is way better. I know the price is high, and I wish these pieces were offered at a lower cost and more reachable, so more collectors had a chance at them. I'm also factoring in the size and detail of the statue, and what the usual life size SSC bust goes for, and even some of their bigger statues. Their items are usually on the more expensive side things, thus one is to expect offerings of this sort will be quite expensive. I can either buy this after selling three of my life size figures I no longer want, or I can just pay them the amount now. The latter will require my wife's approval and I think she won't be too happy seeing this much go towards a figure rather than our son's college savings. I guess negotiations are to be made. :)

Use the force Julian, subtly though of course as Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded & as we all know, no woman can ever be accused of that BUT subtle hints, getting your wife accustomed to the notion, well that can't hurt. lol ;) At least you have your back up plan of selling a few items if the subtle hints fail. :)

& i just e-mailed you regarding this statue. :)

Shadow
05-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I agree. If SS wants to continue to keep it's fan base, they need to price their products where we can afford them. I would love to have a 1:1 Yoda, but I can not justify paying $2500 when I have other bills to pay. Who has this kind of disposable income? That said, I do understand a lot of time and artistic talent go in to making these pieces. SS produces amazing collectibles and all of us SW fans would like to own all of them . Just don't screw the people who support you the most. Especially theses days when we are all experiencing hard times.
They do make offerings for the average fan in the 1:6 and PF formats. Life size anything is only realistically meant for those with a lot of disposable income, which is not usually going to be the average fan. SSC is producing products to satisfy both their high-end and average fans, nothing wrong with being in either demographic according to what you can afford.

Nipshank
05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't think that's the case, PF's and 1/6th although more affordable have also risen to laughable prices. I just think 2500 for something like this is ludacris, also think the Han and Fett are horribly over priced.
Unless fans stop purchasing the over priced items it's just going to continue to rise and every other company will follow suit.

CorvetteEB
05-03-2014, 09:07 PM
The price tag is beyond ludicrous. With the price tags on all of these 1:1 scale items, I must have missed the memo that said I won the lottery.

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
05-03-2014, 10:51 PM
It really doesn't matter how much they charge for their items. Certain collectors will always justify the price and buy them no matter what :(

The_Chosen_1
05-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Not only is the price tag ridiculous on the SS 1:1 figures, but why such close proximity to one another?? This is the third (and probably not the last) 1:1 that has been announced within a month of one another. Just absolutely laughable the way Sideshow is cranking these out.

kevb0977
05-03-2014, 11:37 PM
I think it's pretty cool the effort they've put into the May the 4th be with you event, the other collectibles companies haven't done anything so really Sideshow stand out & haven't let the fans down (in my opinion). The 1:1 scale items could do with more spacing out, I'll agree though..., but really it's nice to have been shown so much new stuff..., regardless of whether I can afford it or not..., R2 & the PF Vader will probably be the only ones from the new offerings to make it into my collection, if I had unlimited funds though I'd buy Yoda too (not the others though as they don't interest me enough).

Sergiu
05-04-2014, 12:06 AM
The statue looks pretty cool, but what in the world is going with these prices? $2500 for a Yoda statue? $7500 for Carbonite Han and Fett? Noit even to think how much 1:1 Vader will be? :|

For Yoda you can go with Cyberman and have the best rendition of this iconic character for a similar price with Sideshow's version, but the Cyberman will look like it stepped off the screen, as for SS it will have who knows what kind of issues. I only hope eFX will not go this route with their props, helmets and studio scales...

Msjedi36
05-04-2014, 02:34 AM
I think it's pretty cool the effort they've put into the May the 4th be with you event, the other collectibles companies haven't done anything so really Sideshow stand out & haven't let the fans down (in my opinion). The 1:1 scale items could do with more spacing out, I'll agree though..., but really it's nice to have been shown so much new stuff..., regardless of whether I can afford it or not..., R2 & the PF Vader will probably be the only ones from the new offerings to make it into my collection, if I had unlimited funds though I'd buy Yoda too (not the others though as they don't interest me enough).

Great Post !! Yeah some of these prices especially on the life-size pieces are crazy and unfortunately most collectors are not able to obtain these. But SS announced two awesome 1/6 scale figures and hopefully the PF announcements coming are true. Collecting is about making choices and not everyone is able to get everything or even half of the stuff out there. Space, funds limit all us as collectors. But there is something for everyone to collect. Life-size is not for everyone even if I had the funds for a Fett or Vader I wouldn't even know where to put it.

As for the Yoda I'm really thinking about it. The piece looks incredible but I will gave to decide if I want to use my entire years collection budget to go towards this. That means no more PF's canceling all the Hoth 1/6 items I have on order etc. It's a tough decision and frustrating but it what makes collecting challenging and exciting in the long run. I guess I would be bored after awhile if I was able to obtain everything I want.

Yeah Sideshow might be greedy but they are a business, trying to to find the right balance of growth while keeping their fans/customers excited and happy. I'm not bitter because I can't afford their life-size Fett instead I'll be excited to see the new 1/4 scale Fett that may one day make my collection. I'm happy there's a company that is making these products and trying to make May the 4th pretty cool unlike other companies that lead on their customers and disappear for long periods of time.

Getting unlicensed items is another option as well. I have gone that route a few times and I have some good experiences and not so good. Some of these things are not easily ready to get. They require a lot of patience and trust. But we have our choices and if I decide to have a life-size Yoda in my collection no doubt it will be this SS version as it looks amazing.

Gartogg
05-04-2014, 05:01 AM
Great Post !! Yeah some of these prices especially on the life-size pieces are crazy and unfortunately most collectors are not able to obtain these. But SS announced two awesome 1/6 scale figures and hopefully the PF announcements coming are true. Collecting is about making choices and not everyone is able to get everything or even half of the stuff out there. Space, funds limit all us as collectors. But there is something for everyone to collect. Life-size is not for everyone even if I had the funds for a Fett or Vader I wouldn't even know where to put it.

As for the Yoda I'm really thinking about it. The piece looks incredible but I will gave to decide if I want to use my entire years collection budget to go towards this. That means no more PF's canceling all the Hoth 1/6 items I have on order etc. It's a tough decision and frustrating but it what makes collecting challenging and exciting in the long run. I guess I would be bored after awhile if I was able to obtain everything I want.

Yeah Sideshow might be greedy but they are a business, trying to to find the right balance of growth while keeping their fans/customers excited and happy. I'm not bitter because I can't afford their life-size Fett instead I'll be excited to see the new 1/4 scale Fett that may one day make my collection. I'm happy there's a company that is making these products and trying to make May the 4th pretty cool unlike other companies that lead on their customers and disappear for long periods of time.

Getting unlicensed items is another option as well. I have gone that route a few times and I have some good experiences and not so good. Some of these things are not easily ready to get. They require a lot of patience and trust. But we have our choices and if I decide to have a life-size Yoda in my collection no doubt it will be this SS version as it looks amazing.

Excellent post!!! Yeah prices could always be cheaper but like others have said SS seems to be trying to cover all the types of collectors. This does look fantastic but like Msjedi36 said if I went for this I wouldn't be getting anything else just like at the moment I have to say no to the Snowtrooper PF and most of the Hoth stuff as I'm committed to another bug purchase at the moment.

If anything this Yoda just gives me something else to add to my "wouldn't it be awesome to have one day" list which keeps me excited about collecting

JediDave37
05-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Does anyone have a link to Cyberman or can post any pics? I'm interested in seeing his version of Yoda

kevb0977
05-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Does anyone have a link to Cyberman or can post any pics? I'm interested in seeing his version of Yoda

Just type Cyberman Yoda into a google search & look in images, loads come up..., not a fan myself but there are plenty of pics to be looked at. :)

JediDave37
05-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks brother!

kevb0977
05-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks brother!

Your welcome, I'm thinking the Sideshow statue is better but everyone thinks differently. :)

JediDave37
05-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Your welcome, I'm thinking the Sideshow statue is better but everyone thinks differently. :)

I'm with you. I love the detail of the SS Yoda. Do you have any idea on what Cyberman charges for his Yoda?

kevb0977
05-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm with you. I love the detail of the SS Yoda. Do you have any idea on what Cyberman charges for his Yoda?

I'm pretty sure it's more or less the same price as the Sideshow statue, can't find the link where I read about it though, may have been on the Sideshow Freaks forum..., I think it comes in kit form too so you have to make it (finish it off yourself) but I'm not 100% sure as it was a while ago when I read about it, there are some decent pictures of it on a couple of forums but I still don't think it's as good as the new Sideshow one & that one is at least already made/finished for you. :)

Sergiu
05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it's more or less the same price as the Sideshow statue, can't find the link where I read about it though, may have been on the Sideshow Freaks forum..., I think it comes in kit form too so you have to make it (finish it off yourself) but I'm not 100% sure as it was a while ago when I read about it, there are some decent pictures of it on a couple of forums but I still don't think it's as good as the new Sideshow one & that one is at least already made/finished for you. :)

I guess you can get a Cyberman Yoda finished for a similar price with SS one. But the difference is like day and night. Gino's Yoda is also a Cyberman Yoda.

1 : 1 YODA Display Puppet - Cyberman (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1068095/)

JediDave37
05-04-2014, 05:05 PM
I guess you can get a Cyberman Yoda finished for a similar price with SS one. But the difference is like day and night. Gino's Yoda is also a Cyberman Yoda.

1 : 1 YODA Display Puppet - Cyberman (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1068095/)

In your humble opinion, does Cyberman's Yoda a good quality product? Just curious.

Sergiu
05-05-2014, 05:55 AM
In your humble opinion, does Cyberman's Yoda a good quality product? Just curious.

The BEST. I have his Emperor (Gino has it too), a good friend of mine has his Yoda. They look awesome.

Jang0
05-10-2014, 02:31 PM
It's a stunning statue but too big and expensive for me, I wish they'd make this in the 1:4 scale PF line.

kevb0977
05-10-2014, 03:09 PM
It's a stunning statue but too big and expensive for me, I wish they'd make this in the 1:4 scale PF line.

It would be nice if they were to make a premium format Yoda, well on his own I mean. :)

Jang0
05-10-2014, 11:01 PM
It would be nice if they were to make a premium format Yoda, well on his own I mean. :)

I hope now that Sideshow are being forced to narrow their choices that they will make a Yoda PF that becomes the definitive Yoda statue. :)

kevb0977
05-10-2014, 11:19 PM
I hope now that Sideshow are being forced to narrow their choices that they will make a Yoda PF that becomes the definitive Yoda statue. :)

Well, the force is strong with this one..., if they want to just shrink this statue to 1:4 scale I'd be happy. lol :)

Jang0
05-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Well, the force is strong with this one..., if they want to just shrink this statue to 1:4 scale I'd be happy. lol :)

That would be absolutely perfect! :D

JediDave37
05-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Put me down for 1

jerrywampa
05-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Hi, I'm new to posting, (please be gentle with me!) but have lurked for some time on the forums. Into 1 to 1's and MR / EFX props. Anyway thought I'd chime in... I was lucky enough to make it to last years SDCC and asked about Yoda. Specifically whether his head would move. They said yes it would be articulted, so really hope this remains the case for the final figure! Cant wait.

kevb0977
05-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Hi, I'm new to posting, (please be gentle with me!) but have lurked for some time on the forums. Into 1 to 1's and MR / EFX props. Anyway thought I'd chime in... I was lucky enough to make it to last years SDCC and asked about Yoda. Specifically whether his head would move. They said yes it would be articulted, so really hope this remains the case for the final figure! Cant wait.

So, are you getting one of these then? :) I'd love one but I just don't think I can afford it, not currently anyway..., it does look impressive & says buy me (I think), never knew about the moving head..., handy for display though. :)

jerrywampa
05-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes, I've gone for one. I know he's a small fortune, but think he's a great looking piece. I hadn't read anywhere else about the moveable head so thought I'd mention it (As said
I hope this does turn out to be the case). Think he'd look better looking straight ahead imho.

kevb0977
05-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Yes, I've gone for one. I know he's a small fortune, but think he's a great looking piece. I hadn't read anywhere else about the moveable head so thought I'd mention it (As said
I hope this does turn out to be the case). Think he'd look better looking straight ahead imho.

That's very cool, I'd get one myself if I could so I think your making a good choice getting him..., I look forward to seeing some pictures of him when you get yours, I always like seeing in hand pictures to promotional ones as I find they tend to look better (in my opinion). :) Hopefully the head will move then, so you can see in the flesh if he does look better with his head facing forward OR maybe not, as who knows..., you may prefer another angle when you get him. ;)

Nipshank
05-20-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm a fan of the SSC 1:1's, just not of the price. I think the Yoda looks mint, has a PT/OT cross feel to him. So far I like this Yoda more than any other, Cyberman's is the puppet version which is bang on OT but I was also never a fan of how the OT puppet Yoda looked. Honestly if he was a favorite character of mine I'd snag him, if they make the Emp you can bet I'll pay the price for him.
Anyone who snags this piece I'm sure will be happy with it, for the most part anything SSC is always quality.

Trenth
06-08-2014, 11:46 PM
I need some help identifying this life size yoda. A couple of things to notice: posable legs (he can sit or stand), non-frayed cloak, left hand's thumb over the two fingers, eyes appear brownish (this could just be the photo I guess) Seller is stating that he does not see any identifiable marks.
​http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_12859.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_12859.JPG)

Trenth
06-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Sorry I tried to make that pic bigger. Go view it in my gallery.

Jay_the_Lesser
06-09-2014, 03:51 AM
I need some help identifying this life size yoda. A couple of things to notice: posable legs (he can sit or stand), non-frayed cloak, left hand's thumb over the two fingers, eyes appear brownish (this could just be the photo I guess) Seller is stating that he does not see any identifiable marks.
​http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_12859.JPG (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_12859.JPG)

Honestly, I'd stay away from this. The looks are off and he's missing part of his ear.

Trenth
06-09-2014, 10:58 AM
The ear is behind vader.