PDA

View Full Version : Wall-E Maquette

Bhoy
03-07-2014, 05:20 AM
I tried to find a thread on this but all I could really only find were threads with people looking for one. So If I've started a new thread when one already exists I apologise in advance.

With only 600 of these made and extremely fragile there can't be many intact/not glued one's out there. I remember ordering it from Play.com when it came out. The first one arrived in 3 pieces, the 2nd arrived obliterated as if someone had taken a hammer to it and the 3rd perfect. It came out the box and straight into a detolf along with EVE and not been touched since. I've been told by one of my daughters that I have to leave both of them in my will to her and if I try to sell them she'll have a court injunction taken out on me on the basis of senility (which she would win). :grin:

So is this one of those pieces that will turn up at a toy or a mythbusters show in 50 years time to prove that they actually did exist? ;)

Who of you actually has one and where did you get it. There must be some crazy stories on how you managed to track him down.

VaderRx
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM
I have one. I bought my original from Razor's Edge. Then one day I managed to track down the #1, so I bought it and sold my other one.

Love this piece. It's a great maquette!

Bhoy
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
I have #222 not bad but not the same ring to it as #1 ;)

VaderRx
03-07-2014, 02:22 PM
I've always heard the best numbers are 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42. Something about them just feels…special.

GGC
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
I have one and agree it's an amazing piece. I for mine from Gentle Giant and it arrived perfect.

WampaVsRancor
03-11-2014, 01:20 PM
I tracked one down a few years after release, but I had to buy from a store in the UK to get it. Don't regret it either, one of my favorites.

Still looking for an EVE though.

WampaVsRancor
03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Finally found my EVE!