PDA

View Full Version : wtb episode 4 Obi Wan lightsaber

Kadman88
01-24-2014, 07:31 PM
So recently bought an obi wan kenobi anh figure (my 3rd) in the hope I will find a lightsaber that has not been broken.

Unfortunately no such luck so I am looking for one. I am willing to pay good money.

Any help would be appreciated as I know these are extremely difficult to find!

Kadman88
01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Bumping this up. Will pay good money for a saber that isn't broken!

Kadman88
01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Anyone have a spare saber or cheap figure with saber?

getoninja
01-31-2014, 03:35 PM
you can try fixing it by buying tiny drill bit set with a vice from stores or on Ebay. I bought a set from Ebay for about $10shipped.
Drill through the broken hilt then use a paper clip or thin metal rod to hold both broken pieces in place. Also gives the hilt stronger structure

I also had a broken hilt. It was broken at the thin top part. I repaired it by heating up a paper clip with a lighter then runing the paper clip inside the thin plastic part of the broken lightaber. But what happen the paper clip expanded the thin plastic, making the thin plastic part look a bit fat, and almost damaged the whole thin plastic piece.

But at the time I didn't have the tiny drill bit set which could have repaired the hilt to look like it was never damaged.

And if you plan on selling those broken hilts for cheap, plmk. I could use one

Kadman88
01-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Seems to be a problem with that saber. Never had an issue with ep 3 saber but I've bought the same figure 3 times and each time it arrived broken/was broken easily.

Frustrating stuff and the ocd part of me just wants a normal figure (sell on value kept etc).

Interesting repair job but I doubt I would be able to undertake such a task.....especially given my lack of patience and skill.

Plus in my head I know it's still broken albeit repaired haha.