PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair 2014 - February 16-19

Pages : [1] 2

GNT
01-22-2014, 03:42 AM
It's nearly time again for Toy Fair 2014 (February 16-19) when we hopefully get to see most of the Star Wars goodies Hasbro has planned for the year. What rumoured figures that you've heard about would you like to see at the event?

SGT_A
01-22-2014, 04:40 AM
It's nearly time again for Toy Fair 2014 (February 16-19) when we hopefully get to see most of the Star Wars goodies Hasbro has planned for the year. What rumoured figures that you've heard about would you like to see at the event?

Looking forward to seeing Ree Yees and SGT Doallyn. I'm hoping they confirm ANH Leia, Admiral Motti, and maybe Yak face and Sim Aloo. I'm also interested in seeing what exclusives they may have planned along with vehicles (maybe the skiff sees some love this year).

Cell
01-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Still hoping for a realistic, super articulated Captain Rex.

RegJr
01-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Still hoping for a realistic, super articulated Captain Rex.

YES to that!

And I would like to see what they have in store for wave 5.

Also, I want to see what Hasbro has lined up for the 6" line - especially ROTS Anakin, and the rest of wave 4.

Trooper31
01-22-2014, 10:19 AM
I hope Hasbro shows a new Admiral Piett figure for the TBS line. I hope we see wave 5 of TBS and gets some idea what's up with wave 6 as well. Hoping for a lot of OT goodness there.

For the six inxh line, I hope we see wave 5 and hints of 6 and most importantly whether we'll see a stormtrooper repack sooner or later. After hearing what's in wave 4 I'm a bit skeptical about how much beyond that wave we'll actually see in the first half of the year. I'd hate to see the later waves get pushed back even further.

Julythrunov
01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm hoping to see some Star Wars angry birds and maybe some fighter pods.

Scockery
01-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I expect another hiatus until late summer/early fall "relaunch" with Black Series wave 4 either short run, repackaged for new packaging or in limbo.

darthsatan
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Anyone found any news out of the Japanese or UK fairs?

Julythrunov
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
I find it so strange that those other toy fairs don't produce any news, at all.

Lt__Brenn_Tantor
01-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Anyone found any news out of the Japanese or UK fairs?

All About Bricks: UK Toy Fair 2014: Star Wars (http://allaboutbricks.blogspot.com/2014/01/uk-toy-fair-2014-star-wars.html)

The UK Toy Fair is upon us, and that means an official announcement of what LEGO have up their sleeves for the rest of the year. Kicking off the theme lists is the LEGO Star Wars list. Stay tuned at the end of the week for a UK Toy Fair 2014 round-up.

75048 The Phantom 19.99
75049 Snowspeeder 34.99
75050 B-Wing 49.99
75051 Jedi Scout Fighter 59.99
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina 64.99
75053 The Ghost 69.99
75054 AT-AT 109.99
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer 119.99

UK Toy Fair - TMNT, Dr. Who, Star Wars and More - The Toyark - News (http://news.toyark.com/2014/01/22/uk-toy-fair-tmnt-dr-star-wars-111774)

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/01/Star-Wars-Spin-Strikers.jpghttp://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/01/Underground-Toys.jpg

:wtf:.

Since1978
01-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Based on the last few shows (yes I was still paying attention), I expect.... NOTHING.

Maybe a wave, maybe a formal display of TBS W4, but beyond that I expect tons of gimicky crap (Angry Birds, etc.) that just isn't interesting (for me).

Would love to see them go on a big run for the next 18 months leading up to Episode VII, but I sure am not holding my breath.

darthsatan
01-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Yes indeed. Usually they hold off for New York but last year we got TBS reveals in UK.
None of that stuff above is of use to us here sadly.

More unbelievable new 5POA stuff trickling out here: New Bespin (Luke+Vader) and Utapau (Kenobi+Grievous) Mission Series (http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/01/22/new-bespin-and-utapau-mission-series-sets/)

Julythrunov
01-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Uh oh.....

R1G4R3PO
01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
I am wanting to say Stan,but not sure if it was Stan or not that did mention a Bespin 2 pack of some sort...guess this is likely that..

Cell
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
More unbelievable new 5POA stuff trickling out here: New Bespin (Luke+Vader) and Utapau (Kenobi+Grievous) Mission Series (http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/01/22/new-bespin-and-utapau-mission-series-sets/)

Yet another Obi-Wan, really Hasbro, really? This just isn't fun anymore, not even for kids. We're really reaching a point here at where the SW action figure world is almost beyond an oversaturation of endless versions of the very same character. Please stop this! There are so many other great PT and OT characters left undone or who would immensely benefit from an update.

Masterfett
01-22-2014, 09:33 PM
What rumoured figures that you've heard about would you like to see at the event?
Cin Drallig in physical form on display, I want to finally see what he may look like! Also like to see the new Yak Face!
Aside form those two, I can't really say what I'd like to see. Considering 90% of what I want wont get made anyways...

BlackRook
01-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Yet another Obi-Wan, really Hasbro, really? This just isn't fun anymore, not even for kids. We're really reaching a point here at where the SW action figure world is almost beyond an oversaturation of endless versions of the very same character. Please stop this! There are so many other great PT and OT characters left undone or who would immensely benefit from an update.

The worst part is that it's the exact same figure that's in the regular Saga Legends line. I know we joke about this but I'm really beginning to think Hasbro legitimately believes Obi-Wan is a golden goose.

Ty
01-23-2014, 01:23 AM
I hope to finally (for the 3rd year running) hope to see Ree Yees, Yak Face and Sim Aloo. Will I be disappointed if they don't show any of those? Yep. Surprised? Nope.

...But disappointed for sure. Add Tzizvvt to that list as well.

We'll probably end up seeing loads of new 5 POA AOTC figures we already have much much better versions of.. In the words of the Dark Lord, "Yippie!"

Meesa_Mike
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=Ty;19318449]I hope to finally (for the 3rd year running) hope to see Ree Yees, Yak Face and Sim Aloo. Will I be disappointed if they don't show any of those? Yep. Surprised? Nope.

...But disappointed for sure. Add Tzizvvt to that list as well.

That would be incredible if true! It would make up for last years suckage Toy Fair. These are all high up on my list.

RegJr
01-23-2014, 12:32 PM
I am wanting to say Stan,but not sure if it was Stan or not that did mention a Bespin 2 pack of some sort...guess this is likely that..

If I remember correctly, Stan only discusses the collector line, not the Legends stuff.

EmperorPalpitate
01-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Much like an abuse victim, I've blocked out the past few Toy Fairs. Haven't they been consistently disappointing for at least three years now? I'm not holding out much hope of anything exciting being shown. It will probably be a lot of new junk like Angry Birds, and the same hand-painted prototypes of the Dagobah Luke wave we saw last year.

Go ahead, Hasbro. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Agen_Kolar
01-23-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't hold out much hope. I would like to see better versions of the TESB figures we've seen - Luke, Yoda, Toryn - that aren't hastily glued together. If we saw even that, I'd be surprised.

We may hear about some upcoming releases, but I don't think we'll see any. I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell!

Sybeck1
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Are those dates right?

_Darren_
01-23-2014, 09:28 PM

So hold up.....

we got Saga Legends single carded,Utapau clone 2 pack Mission series,Maul Obi CW mission series, and now with Greivous??.....4 ROTS based figures with just the clone armour as a subtle difference???

im so perplexed at the decision making at Pawtucket HQ.....we only got 2 Anakins!!!!

Darren

mandalorehunter
01-23-2014, 09:36 PM
I also do not share any optimism that this toy fair will show us anything really exciting. Last year I kept checking the rebelscum news just to see if there were any more photos of new stuff straggling behind but alas, there were not.

Doop
01-23-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm not that interested, but if Ree Yees makes an appearence, I'll be happy.

darth_sidious
01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
So hold up.....

we got Saga Legends single carded,Utapau clone 2 pack Mission series,Maul Obi CW mission series, and now with Greivous??.....4 ROTS based figures with just the clone armour as a subtle difference???

im so perplexed at the decision making at Pawtucket HQ.....we only got 2 Anakins!!!!

Darren

Obi-wan is hugely popular, but they really have covered him sufficiently. I wish they'd release some unmade jedi, the clone wars had so many...

Trooper31
01-24-2014, 09:52 AM
I hope Hasbro announces that ROTS Obi and Ani are going on an (atleast 2-year) hiatus in the TBS/collectors' line.

Masterfett
01-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Obi-wan is hugely popular, but they really have covered him sufficiently. I wish they'd release some unmade jedi, the clone wars had so many...
Definitely, I just noticed yesterday that Obi-Wan has already been releases several times in SL and Mission Series!
Two in SL, twice in Mission.
Obi-Wan & Darth Maul
Obi-Wan & Grievous

IMO it's the same old formula that made the SA line stale!

I hope Hasbro announces that ROTS Obi and Ani are going on an (atleast 2-year) hiatus in the TBS/collectors' line.
Just remember, we've been lied to/misled before...

While it would be nice not to see those two for a spell, I'm not counting on it.

Trooper31
01-24-2014, 12:47 PM
I won't hold my breath, but I can dream, right?

In my opinion, Hasbro has done everything to keep kids away from the OT. I understand they needed to sell their PT/TCW stuff, but with the ST coming and the big 3 from the OT playing main roles in E7, Hasbro needs to start focusing these kids on Luke and Han and their vehicles and beasts because I don't think Hasbro will be able to stuff the E7 line with ROTS Ani and Obi.

commandernarra
01-25-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm with everyone else on the "not holding out for much from toy fair' ride.
We'll see the Torn wave we've already seen. Maybe one or two of the new rumoured figures. Also the repacks they have announced for the waves, Dack, Bastilla etc.....The rest will be Missions, Angry birds, etc.
I do hope there's an exclusive or 2 that we haven't seen before. IF we see a few Rebels figures, they will be 5 POA and I'm not interested.
I'm not getting the 6 inch, but some new sculpts are probably certain. And that I think will be it.
They slideshow will be a non event. The various sites won't get the time to ask just what the hell the line holds for the future, though they'll try there darnedest.... toy fair has become more exciting for other lines for me and that's a damn shame. I used to wait up all hours for images to come pouring in... this year?... well...I think a few new sculpts of the regular line is the best i'm hoping for.

_Darren_
01-25-2014, 06:50 AM

I was being SARCASTIC.....lol....only 4????

there is no way a simlarly deco'ed character is needed 4 times in less than 12 months.....not even a Clone. Somebody at Hasbro must have a massive hard on for Ewan!!!

Darren

darthsatan
01-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Yes, it's DDP. Even said so in an interview at one of the shows last year.

(not about the hard bit....:disgusted:)

BlackRook
01-25-2014, 07:02 AM
(not about the hard bit....:disgusted:)
He didn't need to. It's pretty obvious by now.

lordtyrannus
01-25-2014, 07:59 AM
DDP put the ROTS Obi that was

lordtyrannus
01-25-2014, 08:02 AM
DDP put the ROTS Obi that was

**sorry- hit Send before I meant to**

DDP put TVC Obi (the ROTS repack) at #1 for the top Vintage Collection figure in last year's poll from JTA. Out of over 100 amazing figures, he chooses the 8 year old repack. Idiot.

Masterfett
01-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Considering that figure barely looked in 06, it definitely doesn't hold up today. IMO.

Ty
01-25-2014, 03:24 PM
I always feel positively gutted after these events. It's not like those classic POTF2 days where they'd show 15+ new figures. I remember buying Toyfare/Action Figure News way back when and they'd have PAGES of new offerings.. those days are just gone. That said, like a sheep, I'm still sitting here (why?!) with a tiny shred of hope that they'll have something amazing to show us...

P.S. Just going on the record to say that I will never, ever buy any of those 5 POA figures.

RebelTrooper
01-25-2014, 06:02 PM
P.S. Just going on the record to say that I will never, ever buy any of those 5 POA figures.

Then the Emperor has already won. :)

ThallJoben
01-25-2014, 11:09 PM
I always feel positively gutted after these events. It's not like those classic POTF2 days where they'd show 15+ new figures. I remember buying Toyfare/Action Figure News way back when and they'd have PAGES of new offerings.. those days are just gone. That said, like a sheep, I'm still sitting here (why?!) with a tiny shred of hope that they'll have something amazing to show us...

Yeah, I remember those late '90's days as well. That was before I had ready access to the Internet (or it was dial-up, and thus quite slow), so in many cases my first glimpses of the new figures were in the Toyfare or Tomart's Action Figure Digest magazines. I still think the '97 Toy Fair was probably one of (if not the) best for SW collectors at the time; not only did we have never-before-made & anticipated 3 3/4 figures like Grand Moff Tarkin, Slave Leia, and a resculpted Yak-face (for those of us who never got the extremely expensive & HTF POTF Yakface from the '80's), but there were also a plethora of regular retail & exclusive 12" figures. Good times..

In comparison, this year's Toy Fair will be quite dull, I'm sure...

Julythrunov
01-26-2014, 09:11 AM

those were fun times. They used to show up to toy fare with a ton of new things, and then it would be in all the magazines and on the websites. Funny how much things have changed.

tanksmasher
01-27-2014, 02:01 PM
those were fun times. They used to show up to toy fare with a ton of new things, and then it would be in all the magazines and on the websites. Funny how much things have changed.
Yeah I would love to have one more year like that but now it's like trying to catch rainwater on your tongue to quench your thirst. Let it pour, Hasbro!

Trooper31
01-28-2014, 04:22 AM
Looking at that UK list and the dates of when things are supposed to be available, I'm thinking we will only see waves 4 and 5 at TF. Wave 4 is slated for May and 5 is slated for July, so anything after that will probably shown at SDCC. It would be cool to get some slides of wave 6.

I guess it also depends on whether Hasbro is doing NYTF as well. I think that's where they showed Neyo and Plaguies, right? Or had we seen slides of them at SDCC?

jedisquared
01-28-2014, 04:50 AM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4295/thumbs/choppertoy.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4295/choppertoy.jpg) I wants me a "Chopper" figure from REBELS...now, please!

DarthJefe
01-28-2014, 01:25 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4295/thumbs/choppertoy.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/4295/choppertoy.jpg) I wants me a "Chopper" figure from REBELS...now, please!

It'll probably come out in Saga Legends...

I hope to see Waves 4, 5, and 6. Hopefully the wave 5 rumors are true, and Wave 6 has Rex, a new Klaatu, and a new cantina alien. Yavin Leia (or any updated Leia) would be greatly appreciated, as well.

John_Solo
01-28-2014, 01:43 PM

It 100% will.

darthsatan
01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Ugh. That thing is horrible.

my_kind_of_scum
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM

And with about 50% of its accurate paint aps...

I'm expecting to see one wave. Anything more than that and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

TK_842
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
If the last couple editions of TF are any indication, we'll see carded wave 4 (or 2014 wave 1 if you prefer) and that's all. Anything more i'll consider a bonus.

Okami
01-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Agreed. Why is it so...squatty? It look like it narrowly escaped a trash compactor :disgusted:

John_Solo
01-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Agreed. Why is it so...squatty? It look like it narrowly escaped a trash compactor :disgusted:

If you watch the behind the scenes materials, it's all explained.

DarthJefe
01-28-2014, 06:57 PM
In 2011 and 2012, we saw what turned out to be the entire year's assortment of figures at Toy Fair. No reason that can't happen this year, too. Of course, I'm being quite optimistic. If we're waiting several more months for Wave 4, hopefully they can return to TVC packaging. if the Black Series was on TVC packaging, those Wave 1 figures would have looked far more appealing to everyone.

wedgeswingman
01-28-2014, 11:35 PM

He looks awfully short for an astromech.

TatooineSandworm
01-29-2014, 08:27 AM

Yep. That's the point. He is an in-universe custom :)

DarkArtist
01-29-2014, 08:57 AM
I know the answer for this will be Because its Hasbro and Vader is the core character and a great seller blah blah blah (typical Hasbro rep's answer to question)

but can someone please ask the Hasbro people why they feel they need to give us not 1, not 2 but so far 3 Vaders in the Black Series line? I mean we have Bespin Trap Vader already and now according to "Rumor Lists" we are getting Star Destroyer ROTS Vader and Yoda's Test Vader (which sounds like Dagobah Spirit Vader).

I mean can't Hasbro just pull out all the stops already like their Ultimate Joe figures and give us Ultimate Vader already? I mean include multiple accessories, Dagobah Spirit helmet, 2 piece helmet with both Sebastian Shaw sculpt head and SE Hayden face, 4 different lightsaber hilts for the purists in us, different sculpted hand pieces, removable force lightning effects, darker cape material (enough with the see thru pantyhose already).

DarkManX
01-29-2014, 11:34 AM

He's based on Macquarrie (sp?) concepts.

my_kind_of_scum
01-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Will Rebelscum have anyone at Toy Fair this year?

darthsatan
01-29-2014, 01:28 PM

or = i

;)

TK_842
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Dave Filoni agreed a secret deal with Hasbro to help them save on production costs. All characters from the Rebels show will be 20% shorter so thay can offer 5 POA on every figure in this line :rolleyes:

Michael_Knight
01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
^LOL, Yep, Z-95 headhunters can only be flown by jockeys.

duro
01-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Yep, other than that droid, and I guess that Rent-A-Sith, every character is Rebels is an Ewok or an Ugnaught. In Season 2, they introduce Jawas. Mawhonic makes a cameo in an episode. Actually, that would be a rockin' series!

duro
01-29-2014, 11:14 PM

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Kidding, I won't either. Not necessarily because they are so bad (troopers look okay and such), but because: 1.) I don't want to encourage this in Hasbro and, 2). Nothing is ever on the pegs to buy.

Trooper31
01-30-2014, 05:06 AM
I know the answer for this will be Because its Hasbro and Vader is the core character and a great seller blah blah blah (typical Hasbro rep's answer to question)

but can someone please ask the Hasbro people why they feel they need to give us not 1, not 2 but so far 3 Vaders in the Black Series line? I mean we have Bespin Trap Vader already and now according to "Rumor Lists" we are getting Star Destroyer ROTS Vader and Yoda's Test Vader (which sounds like Dagobah Spirit Vader).

I mean can't Hasbro just pull out all the stops already like their Ultimate Joe figures and give us Ultimate Vader already? I mean include multiple accessories, Dagobah Spirit helmet, 2 piece helmet with both Sebastian Shaw sculpt head and SE Hayden face, 4 different lightsaber hilts for the purists in us, different sculpted hand pieces, removable force lightning effects, darker cape material (enough with the see thru pantyhose already).

I second that question.

TK_842
01-30-2014, 06:48 AM
I third that. Especially since Hasbro tells us the black series is geared toward collectors (known to expect more obscure characters and less main characters). It contradicts the whole Legends/5POA - TBS/ super articulated argument.

Trooper31
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Good point. I'd like to hear their answer to all of that.

I also like the idea of ultimate versions. They could do them as a separate line. They wouldn't have to do every character, but they could easily do Vader and Farmboy Luke, which would fit into their self-imposed framework that they always need main characters in a line for it to be picked up.

Idpullthecurtain
01-30-2014, 02:31 PM

Surely you realise they the release repeat Vaders for business reasons. They want to keep releasing him, and they dont want to do multiple accessories.

Trooper31
01-31-2014, 04:56 AM
Surely you realise they the release repeat Vaders for business reasons. They want to keep releasing him, and they dont want to do multiple accessories.

I thought they just liked to bother us a lot.

CommanderDestiny
01-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Id like to see arc trooper fives

CommanderDestiny
01-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Ikr considering we wait a year to see new figures it's like getting the same thing for Christmas but just with different coloured or patterned wrapping for your present seriously hasbro listen to what the collectors want not what your bank accountant says geez

Masterfett
02-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Id like to see arc trooper fives
In a Battle Pack with Krell!

Simdog
02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
So is there anyone with high expectations for this years Toy Fair? 2011's reveal quite a bit. I know that was the year of the Ep.I 3D release and its figures, which till this day we are still being affected by. However, if Hasbro reveals as much this year as they did then, we may have something to be excited about. There are some very nice figures rumoured and Stan said that there were a few surprises.

Take a look back:

Star Wars Presentation by Hasbro at New York Comic Con 2011 | (http://articulationtimes.com/star-wars-presentation-by-hasbro-at-new-york-comic-con-2011/)

tanksmasher
02-02-2014, 11:01 PM
2011 was a good year but I try not to get my hopes up anymore. If I expect very little I may be less disappointed this year.

DarthPaxis
02-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I really, really want to be enthusiastic, but there have been far to many underwhelming shows as of late to temper my expectations. I think the most I will hope for is more reveals of figures for the Rebels line only because it will give us a glimpse of characters for the show. Other than that, I would be happy if they just announce that the SA Rex is actually still coming.

my_kind_of_scum
02-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I really, really want to be enthusiastic, but there have been far to many underwhelming shows as of late to temper my expectations. I think the most I will hope for is more reveals of figures for the Rebels line only because it will give us a glimpse of characters for the show. Other than that, I would be happy if they just announce that the SA Rex is actually still coming.

Well, with all of the Lego reveals, we've seen most of the main characters from the Rebels show now, haven't we? I would be excited for the Rebels figures if they weren't 5 poa or if they weren't animated style. With both strikes against them (in my opinion), I'm going to have to pass on them - If they had been one or the other, I would have considered it. (I do hope that Hasbro tackles the Ghost and a few other vehicles, though...) Other than Rebels, I don't think we will see a whole lot. if the rumors of 4-5 waves of SA figures for the whole year are true, they might only show one or two waves total (and we've seen one of the next waves already). I think 2014 is Hasbro coasting until sequel fever hits in '15. I would love to be wrong, but I just can't imagine that this toy fair will be one for the history books.

Michael_Knight
02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah, my skepticism about the lists are high and like the last couple showings my expectations are low. Of all the rumors that have been currently circulating I will be surprised if 25% of it is true by Toy Fair. Also, with a new property like Rebels the vast majority of figure related stuff will be devoted to that. Remember how upset everyone was at the lack of collector oriented merchandise when Clone Wars debuted? By today's standards what we considered scant then would be a gold mine.

If I were to have expectations I would imagine that we will see closer to finished products for wave 4 with maybe a surprise or two and Ree Yees being the most possible one in my mind. Anything beyond that, which I would consider extremely generous at this point, is highly unlikely. If I were to venture into wild hopes my biggest two wishes beyond Ree Yees would be an updated Modal Node and Sim Aloo.

DarthJefe
02-04-2014, 07:39 PM
So is there anyone with high expectations for this years Toy Fair? 2011's reveal quite a bit. I know that was the year of the Ep.I 3D release and its figures, which till this day we are still being affected by. However, if Hasbro reveals as much this year as they did then, we may have something to be excited about. There are some very nice figures rumoured and Stan said that there were a few surprises.

Take a look back:

Star Wars Presentation by Hasbro at New York Comic Con 2011 | (http://articulationtimes.com/star-wars-presentation-by-hasbro-at-new-york-comic-con-2011/)

That was NYCC in October 2011. That was also where the Malgus wave was revealed, and the delayed Evazan was given a proper street date. TF 2012 revealed what turned out to be the full 2012 lineup. That was probably the last "good" presentation we got, before we felt the ramifications of the disaster known as Movie Heroes and the overproduction (again) of everything TPM. The only TPM figures that got distributed properly were MH Wave 2 (which should have been wave 1, and the actual wave 1 should have never made it out of a QA meeting) and TVC Jar Jar and Maul. But we all know that. Everything since has been disappointment after disappointment. SDCC 2012 revealed the eventually-cancelled BAD2 lineup and was about the biggest SW bust in convention history. There was no Hasbro SW presentation at NYCC 2012, which happened just before Star Wars got sold to Disney. By the time TF 2013 rolled around, we had just gotten the reveal of TBS thru USA Today of all places, and we were pretty underwhelmed with the reveal that the first 2 waves of TBS were just BAD2 figures in different packaging. This was also where SL and MS were revealed, and Hasbro expected excitement for us and instead got well deserved apathy. SDCC 2013 was a joke, with the exception of BAD 6" Wave 2's reveal. Celebration VI turned out to be more exciting just for the TBS 3.75 Wave 3 reveals. Granted, we did get surprised at NYCC in October with what is presumed to be TBS 3.75 Wave 4's reveal, but we haven't heard much about them since. Hasbro owes us. They owe us big time. They better deliver. I want to see Wave 4 in package, and at least Waves 5 and 6. I'd prefer a return to TVC packaging (and why they changed it I have no idea, apparently Depriest got overruled by the bean counters), but I won't hold my breath. And I want at least three all-new, never before made characters.

my_kind_of_scum
02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Well, it was said last year that the Black Series would last for two years and we already have reports from retailers that they can preorder the upcoming waves of Black Series, so I'd say the chances of Vintage cardbacks returning in '14 are about zero. It was Lucasfilm's edict that Vintage cards go away.

As for seeing three waves at toy fair? I think you're going to be disappointed on that front, too. With only 4 - 5 waves total for next year, I can't imagine them showing three of them in February...

Just trying to manage expectations. I don't think there will be much shown this year. If the rumors are true that Rebels starts in October, there may not even be much product shown on that front...

Julythrunov
02-04-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I think hasbro will bring plenty of new items from their 2014 Star Wars line up. Just for starters, we're certain to see plenty of Angry Birds, fighter pods, Star Wars kazoos, Star Wars mini soap figures, Star Wars tube socks, Star Wars ping pong *****, Star Wars peanut brittle, Star Wars nail polish, Star Wars Chinese mustard, and if course Star Wars toilet paper. It's going to be a very exciting year!

Sybeck1
02-05-2014, 06:05 AM
See you at SDCC!

Trooper31
02-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Well, it was said last year that the Black Series would last for two years and we already have reports from retailers that they can preorder the upcoming waves of Black Series, so I'd say the chances of Vintage cardbacks returning in '14 are about zero. It was Lucasfilm's edict that Vintage cards go away.

I'd say with the way TVC figures are being clearanced out at discount stores and at such cheap prices, I can't see any reason why Hasbro would be in the mood to bring them back anytime soon.

The soonest they might return would be in some kind of VOTC-like collectors line in 2015/2016.

DarkArtist
02-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Good point. I'd like to hear their answer to all of that.

I also like the idea of ultimate versions. They could do them as a separate line. They wouldn't have to do every character, but they could easily do Vader and Farmboy Luke, which would fit into their self-imposed framework that they always need main characters in a line for it to be picked up.

a seperate core character Ultimates line would be ideal. the main characters would be in constant rotation, the additional accessories would keep the fans buying them for customs as well, and then the other lines (if they have them) could focus just on collectors and show general audience (for instance 3 lines: Ultimate versions Core, TV Show line ie Rebels, Vintage Collection/Black Series/Collector Line)

John_Solo
02-05-2014, 10:26 AM
I'll bet we'll see some good BS 4" stuff. Maybe two new waves (either in sculpted form or in a slide deck) and some exclusive beasts and vehicles.

Focus, however, will be on Rebels and maybe some Disney Infinity interactive statues.

http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/644001-645000/644041/246_max.jpg

DarkArtist
02-05-2014, 10:29 AM
i'm actually kinda curious of the Disney Infinity game. my cousin went crazy when he unwrapped this for Christmas. I'm not sure if I will invest the money in the game (due to the fact that you would need to start a whole new collection of toys)

my_kind_of_scum
02-05-2014, 10:37 AM
The Star Wars Disney Infinity figures may be held off to show at E3, though, since they are more a gaming product than a toy product. (See current Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures - they are stocked in the video game sections rather than the toy aisle in most stores.) My daughter got into Skylanders this year - very fun, but pricey. I just hope Disney Interactive makes the next game better because Infinity as it stands isn't nearly as good as Skylanders. I personally won't buy the Star Wars Infinity figures if the game isn't up to par. A topic for another section, I suppose...

darth_sidious
02-05-2014, 10:58 AM
The infinity figures are statues aren't they? My nephew has a number of skylanders, and those dont have any articulation as I recall. I like animated figures, so I may have to browse these when they are released.

John_Solo
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
The infinity figures are statues aren't they? My nephew has a number of skylanders, and those dont have any articulation as I recall. I like animated figures, so I may have to browse these when they are released.

Yup - they're little statues that interact with the game:

DISNEY INFINITY Figure Dash - Disney Interactive - Toys "R" Us (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19348076&locale=en_US&ab=TRU:tproduct_rr:Customers%20Also%20Liked:5)

What's nutty is they're more expensive than an SA figure, and kids gobble them up.

TatooineSandworm
02-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Yup - they're little statues that interact with the game:

DISNEY INFINITY Figure Dash - Disney Interactive - Toys "R" Us (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19348076&locale=en_US&ab=TRU:tproduct_rr:Customers%20Also%20Liked:5)

What's nutty is they're more expensive than an SA figure, and kids gobble them up.

Once they are in the game though, they are supported with vehicles, playsets, accessories/weapons, and female characters. All things Hasbro says kids don't want to play with...oh and they are very articulated in the game :)

DarthJefe
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
I expectation of seeing 3 waves is based on the 2011 and 2012 Toy Fair shows, where we saw what turned out to be the entire lineup for the year. I see no reason why three waves can't be released between now and July/August or whenever SDCC is. I'd say this gives stores time to clear out what they have, but they really don't have much on the shelves around me. Even the Biggs, Scout Troopers, and Anakins are nowhere near as bad st pegwarmimg as TPM and MH were.

Michael_Knight
02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Well ****! Why doesn't Hasbro make the figures interactive? Sneak some collector oriented figures in there and kids will buy them too I'm sure.

EnigmaticOne
02-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Once they are in the game though, they are supported with vehicles, playsets, accessories/weapons, and female characters. All things Hasbro says kids don't want to play with...oh and they are very articulated in the game :)

LOL This^ If I had any sort of video game console, I would probably buy them. I don't care for (smaller )statues, but the interactive aspect is freakin' interesting. Not to mention I heard Marvel stuff will be added, what a crazy universe that would be!

Masterfett
02-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Also, lets not forget. Toy Fair is for retailers not consumers, "us". So we likely wont see anything that really appeals to the collector, aside form the few figures already announced a year ago.
Anything worthwhile will most likely get the "Stay Tuned" to SDCC treatment. And even then a lot of use will be let down there as well...

Trooper31
02-06-2014, 05:47 AM
a seperate core character Ultimates line would be ideal. the main characters would be in constant rotation, the additional accessories would keep the fans buying them for customs as well, and then the other lines (if they have them) could focus just on collectors and show general audience (for instance 3 lines: Ultimate versions Core, TV Show line ie Rebels, Vintage Collection/Black Series/Collector Line)

I really like this idea. The line could appeal to everybody and the different accessories would be a great addition to characters that have been constanly in the line. Leaving the collector line for the more obscure characters as well as troopers would be a nice way to go as well.

With a core line (and I mean with SA versions) you could always keep those in heavier rotation to bring in the big bucks.

R1G4R3PO
02-06-2014, 09:08 AM
^ you mean like how w/ potf2 ff, tpm,potj, aotc/saga, and rots lines had collection 1, 2 and 3 and they shipped independently although on some occasion a character, not a specific sculpt of a character, did cross collection lines like leia was coll1 for ff line but at the end, leia hoth was coll3

Jon_Dowe_Nunk02
02-06-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm not expecting a great amount of reveals at NYTF14 as this sadly has become the norm of late. But if we're playing Fantasy Toyfair here's what I'd like to see: for TBS 3.75 I'd like to at least see wave 4 and 5 w/wave 6 been shown at the presentation, as for the Vintage Boxed Items I'd like to see an all new Sand Skiff, A-Wing w/the missing A-Wing Pilot and maybe two special 3pks w/Jabba's Skiff & Barge Guards. I'd finally like Hasbro to tell us when OH when are we going to see Capt. Rex and the missing BAD Droids.

BlackRook
02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Well ****! Why doesn't Hasbro make the figures interactive? Sneak some collector oriented figures in there and kids will buy them too I'm sure.

Excuse me, Star Wars Angry Birds would like a word with you. If you buy this $5 pack you can use a bird that looks like C-3PO in your Star Wars Angry Birds game. Is this not what you want? Why aren't you buying it? You like birds, don't you? You like C-3PO! This is BETTER than Disney Infinity, because these are birds!

wedgeswingman
02-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Also, lets not forget. Toy Fair is for retailers not consumers, "us". So we likely wont see anything that really appeals to the collector, aside form the few figures already announced a year ago.
Anything worthwhile will most likely get the "Stay Tuned" to SDCC treatment. And even then a lot of use will be let down there as well...

Stay tuned? Pfft, the Olympics are on!

Julythrunov
02-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Excuse me, Star Wars Angry Birds would like a word with you. If you buy this $5 pack you can use a bird that looks like C-3PO in your Star Wars Angry Birds game. Is this not what you want? Why aren't you buying it? You like birds, don't you? You like C-3PO! This is BETTER than Disney Infinity, because these are birds!

One thing I never fully understood is , angry birds is a computer game. It's digital. It's a fairly entertaining game. But what kid would play the video game, and then want to play a real world version of that game? That game works on a digital platform. The physics of the game is kind of what makes it cool. It just never seemed to me that a kid would play the video game and then want to try to play the same game with real pieces.

BlackRook
02-06-2014, 11:04 PM
One thing I never fully understood is , angry birds is a computer game. It's digital. It's a fairly entertaining game. But what kid would play the video game, and then want to play a real world version of that game? That game works on a digital platform. The physics of the game is kind of what makes it cool. It just never seemed to me that a kid would play the video game and then want to try to play the same game with real pieces.

I'm still not sure if I should or shouldn't be surprised at how hard they've tried to push SWAB as a brand. I could understanding selling little figurines of them. But then like you said, they have sets that basically recreate the game, except you're paying $15-30 per set. And then they had bath towels, soap dispensers, backpacks, pajamas, Halloween costumes (one of the few times I've ever said "are you ****ing kidding me?" out loud in a store) all this crap that they expected would sell like bird-flavored hotcakes. This wasn't even stuff they made after seeing if the app was successful, they had stuff out after the app was announced but before it had even been released. They basically treated this like its own property instead of a humorous novelty combination of two existing properties. It's insane.

tanksmasher
02-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Yeah like stay tuned for next year's toy fair! This game is getting old, Hasbro.

Trooper31
02-07-2014, 04:06 AM

Well said. I've seen those sets and I think, "who wants to take the time to set that game up and then shoot the birds somewhere where you have to spend 10 minutes trying to find the one that got away and then spend more time setting the game up again. If that was the original game, then fine, but going from computer to real world doesn't seem like it would be so successful.

Masterfett
02-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Basically 52 pickup or Dominos, just more fun/interesting?
Also it seems to me that this type of game falls within the dangerous category, things flying across the room etc. The kind of stuff that should be played outside perhaps?

Hasbro takes a hardline response against Guns, for violence or whatever reasons. But yet games like this are acceptable? Promoting "Angry"birds, that encourage throwing things? :whistling:

_Darren_
02-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Basically 52 pickup or Dominos, just more fun/interesting?
Also it seems to me that this type of game falls within the dangerous category, things flying across the room etc. The kind of stuff that should be played outside perhaps?

Hasbro takes a hardline response against Guns, for violence or whatever reasons. But yet games like this are acceptable? Promoting "Angry"birds, that encourage throwing things? :whistling:

Its funny....

my son(who's 7)loves the app and the toys.....

he will roleplay with the characters and build various set-ups in his playtime scenarios.

As alien as it seems to us grown-up collectors.....kids just embrace the concept(even if I spent about 20 minutes trying to retrieve errant birds from under the couch!!!)

i know as adult collectors we shake our heads at the shelf space this concept have gobbled up,but this is where we are.

Strange days.

Darren

xjsn
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM

It is true ToyFair is largely aimed at retailers as opposed to the fans but still you'd think a company making anything, including toys, would want to bring their "A" game to try and get mass retailers to pick their products to sell in their stores. New reveals, very nice and appealing displays to showcase their products would just be part of that even if the convention has a different audience. Also at ToyFair the general public is welcome so if say Target reps see fans of a product getting excited over new reveals/product they'd be interested as that consumer would come to their establishment to purchase the product that generated excitement.

Also thinking along those lines "wow"-ing a retailer would be more important to a company than knocking our socks off at SDCC. Therefore you'd think companies like Hasbro would want to invest in making a big showing at ToyFair. I personally wouldn't want to lose the reveals and excitement of SDCC but thinking in terms of company performance I never figured out the reversal.

Meesa_Mike
02-08-2014, 01:11 PM
This is the first year that I have no hopes or expectations from Hasbro at Toy Fair. Last years weak showing cured that. I'm much more excited about NECA's offerings: Planet of the Apes - Ceaser, more Gremlins, and the possibility of Ripley from Aliens. They are a company that knows it's customers and appreciates their wants instead of dismissing the adult collector.

DarthPaxis
02-08-2014, 06:32 PM
This is the first year that I have no hopes or expectations from Hasbro at Toy Fair. Last years weak showing cured that. I'm much more excited about NECA's offerings: Planet of the Apes - Ceaser, more Gremlins, and the possibility of Ripley from Aliens. They are a company that knows it's customers and appreciates their wants instead of dismissing the adult collector.
To be fair, NECA has mostly been adult-oriented to begin with, Hasbro has tended to focus on younger ages with their products.

lordtyrannus
02-09-2014, 08:45 AM
To be fair, NECA has mostly been adult-oriented to begin with, Hasbro has tended to focus on younger ages with their products.

Agreed. In Hasbro's defense (a position I seldom take), we have all, over time, become collectors of product we enjoyed as kids. Hasbro has never, and will never, cater to collectors as NECA does, nor would I expect them to. And NECA will never make figures that are fun to play with. They're very different companies with very different demographics.

Julythrunov
02-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Out of curiousity, why is that the outlook? Hasbro focuses in kids...because hasbro focuses in kids....because hasbro focuses on kids? Hasbro also holds one of the most beloved by adult licenses out there. If you ask me, Star Wars is now a mismatch with Hasbro. They should sell the license so they can totally ignore adults, and no longer feel obligated to cater at all to adults. Either that or dare I say...adjust their focus. I know I know that would be CRAAAAZY

ThallJoben
02-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Very True. I've been enjoying NECA's output for several years now, including their Robocop figure(s), as well as their Alien/Prometheus lines. And, not to get too OT, but I hope retail stores (i.e., TRU, which is the only place I can find NECA toys) continues to carry their products. I was @ TRU recently and they had very little to offer....

lordtyrannus
02-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Out of curiousity, why is that the outlook? Hasbro focuses in kids...because hasbro focuses in kids....because hasbro focuses on kids? Hasbro also holds one of the most beloved by adult licenses out there. If you ask me, Star Wars is now a mismatch with Hasbro. They should sell the license so they can totally ignore adults, and no longer feel obligated to cater at all to adults. Either that or dare I say...adjust their focus. I know I know that would be CRAAAAZY

Like Marvel, Star Wars spans multiple generations of fans, and Hasbro is fully aware of that or the TVC and BS lines would never have existed. But SW is carried primarily by kids under 18 where toys are concerned. Collectors play a big enough role that Hasbro has been unable to completely shut that base out, but the day kids and parents stop purchasing SW toys from Hasbro, the line will die. That is why Hasbro focuses on kids.

I'd LOOOOOOVE for them to focus on collectors primarily, but knowing the fickle nature of many collectors letting the tiniest things (the softgoods look bad, the blaster is too small, the clothes are too wrinkled, the hair is too messy, the boots are too dark, the lightsaber buttons are unpainted, etc.) dissuade them from purchasing a 3.75" toy, along with the constant groaning about the price point, I can see why Hasbro would choose not to focus on us.

Scarrviper
02-09-2014, 10:38 AM
NECA really grabbed my attention last year with predator series 8. Before that I had never noticed them before, but now I'm hooked. It's true that NECA caters to the adult collector first and foremost. Hasbro will always produce product for children, but now more than ever they need to admit that star wars needs to be catered more to the adult collector and cease these pathetic attempts at reeling back in the kids and parents. Just produce the figures that we've been asking for and keep the quality and articulation consistent with what we've been getting since the TAC line. We've only been the people supporting this license for almost 20 years now (since potf2 for me anyways)

RebelTrooper
02-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Very True. I've been enjoying NECA's output for several years now, including their Robocop figure(s), as well as their Alien/Prometheus lines. And, not to get too OT, but I hope retail stores (i.e., TRU, which is the only place I can find NECA toys) continues to carry their products. I was @ TRU recently and they had very little to offer....

Perhaps the employees of the TRU store you checked are getting all the good stuff before it hits the shelves.

At the TRU closest to me, TRU stockers cherry pick figures out of a case, then put out the remnants of a case later in the day(or days later) on days that they get trucks in.

I know this because I went to the store at opening and asked a stocker if they had gotten any of the Saga Legends(I even showed him a SL Super Battle Droid) in on the truck and he told me that they had already stocked the action figures. I then put the figure back on the pegs and started to look around a bit since I saw some unopened toy boxes and sure enough, I found a cart that had several boxes of action figures including a Saga Legends case. Anyway, that store is pretty much a waste of time for me now as I know that they employees are going to grab anything that they think they can sell on eBay. I can't even remember the last time I bought something at TRU.

Julythrunov
02-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Ugh....just stop. Please just stop.

Masterfett
02-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Out of curiousity, why is that the outlook? Hasbro focuses in kids...because hasbro focuses in kids....because hasbro focuses on kids?

Because Hasbro does focus on Kids, it's just that Collectors buy up the stuff Kids aren't interested in. And have more disposable income to spend on the line, so that's why we make an impression with SW line. Even though Hasbro will never admit to it!
Why do you think sales are at an all time low? Because they have done their best to drive remaining Collectors away. And don't give me that non Movie year crap, TAC was one of their biggest selling years. Which was 2 years after a movie release!

And as for their Marvel line, it should never have been aimed at Kids! The movie lines perhaps, but not MU! Almost no Kid I know even thinks about that line, nor are they even into comics like they used to be.
Hasbro made a big mistake by trying to target Kids with that line. SW is different, it's been around long enough to be solidified.

DarkManX
02-09-2014, 02:14 PM
I'd be shocked if more than 1 adult out of every 100 bought SW,Marvel,Batman,etc as a collector. 1 out of 100 is probably being generous.

Choi
02-09-2014, 06:11 PM

-Kids are their biggest market, I have no problem believing that. But collectors give them revenue too and they realize that. So they decided to split up the line: SL for kids and TBS/C for collectors. At least that's what they told us, wether or not they succeeded is up for debate. (I'd personally say no, not with so many stupid decisions)

--But the biggest problem with "catering to collectors" is, there's no real, set picture of what collectors want. There's too many differing opinions for Hasbro to handle. Focusing on any one group gets the other groups riled up, and balancing things out gets the OT purists riled up, so really, putting out great resculpts dissapoints "only-new-figure" collectors, and delving deeper into the background irks those still waiting on key updates. And then, of course, there's the fact that Hasbro keeps reverting back to their "kid-focused" rules and trying to apply them to the collector line. And then there's the failure of distribution, again. So, to make it concise: the line's a mess.

---And don't even get me started on Marvel Universe............ :mad:

Simdog
02-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Is there are preview night for toy fair? If so, when is preview night?

Trooper31
02-10-2014, 04:40 AM
---But the biggest problem with "catering to collectors" is, there's no real, set picture of what collectors want. There's too many differing opinions for Hasbro to handle. Focusing on any one group gets the other groups riled up, and balancing things out gets the OT purists riled up, so really, putting out great resculpts dissapoints "only-new-figure" collectors, and delving deeper into the background irks those still waiting on key updates. And then, of course, there's the fact that Hasbro keeps reverting back to their "kid-focused" rules and trying to apply them to the collector line. And then there's the failure of distribution, again. So, to make it concise: the line's a mess... :mad:

I agree with Hasbro always reverting back to the kids rules, that really does hurt the line.

However, I don't buy the argument about collectors being that divided. A case in point are the Anakin and Biggs figures from wave 1. The Anakin is a great figure and I bought it as my definitive AOTC Anakin. It was something fresh after years of almost only ROTS Anis. The problem was that he was packed 2x per case and then carried forward into the next wave. There was never that much demand for an AOTC Anakin no matter how good he is. Now, with Biggs, most people didn't really see a need for a new Biggs pilot. However, Hasbro wanted Biggs to go with the TVC X-Wing (offered as an exclusive at only one store). A lot of people didn't want Biggs, so the 2x in wave 1 and the cf in wave 2 made no sense at all.

Had Hasbro just had 1x Biggs and 1x Anakin in their collectors line and no cfs of those two, things would have been fine. They could have rounded out that case with the ERG and INC from TVC, which would have made the wave a lot more interesting.

Sybeck1
02-10-2014, 07:29 AM
So, we will not see anything until next Sunday?

Trooper31
02-10-2014, 08:25 AM
I believe that Hasbro has a Saturday event and I think they have the slide show then.

BlackRook
02-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Had Hasbro just had 1x Biggs and 1x Anakin in their collectors line and no cfs of those two, things would have been fine. They could have rounded out that case with the ERG and INC from TVC, which would have made the wave a lot more interesting.

I'm still amazed at how Hasbro loves repacking the same handful of characters that tend to just sit and sit (ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan, for example), but have this weird aversion to re-releasing hard to find figures. That last wave of TVC has a few figures that a lot of people would love another shot at. Then there's the last wave of Legacy that was TRU exclusive and most of us never saw. Hey, remember Darth Revan? Hasn't seen another release in seven years.

DarthPaxis
02-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm still amazed at how Hasbro loves repacking the same handful of characters that tend to just sit and sit (ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan, for example), but have this weird aversion to re-releasing hard to find figures. That last wave of TVC has a few figures that a lot of people would love another shot at. Then there's the last wave of Legacy that was TRU exclusive and most of us never saw. Hey, remember Darth Revan? Hasn't seen another release in seven years.
They basically destroyed Saga Legends with that crap, only a few times did they ever repack anything good and, worst of all, too many times they offered the same character in both Legends and the main line, over-saturating stock. I don't get what's so hard on their end, I think many of us would be happy to except a wave of nothing but repacks of those really rare figures like Jacen, Revan, Exar Kun, etc.

ThallJoben
02-10-2014, 04:52 PM
They basically destroyed Saga Legends with that crap, only a few times did they ever repack anything good and, worst of all, too many times they offered the same character in both Legends and the main line, over-saturating stock. I don't get what's so hard on their end, I think many of us would be happy to except a wave of nothing but repacks of those really rare figures like Jacen, Revan, Exar Kun, etc.

Absolutely. The re-packs of these both easy to find and relatively unpopular figures (in both the TBS & Saga lines) are real head-scratchers. There is no reason they have to carry-forward figures like Biggs & Anakin, especially when these characters have been released umpteen times in the past anyway...

5-7 years ago, there was a superb Saga Legends wave that consisted of re-released figures that were all originally extremely HTF , i.e. the completely black Stormtrooper, a black/grey clone trooper (originally a Target exclusive), an X-wing fighter pilot, etc. I can't remember all of the figures in that wave, but at the time I do remember thinking that all SL waves should be like that one. Ironically, that SL wave was also very tough to track down - I only saw it once @ retail...

my_kind_of_scum
02-10-2014, 05:25 PM
That's because it was a fan's choice Saga Legends wave - all of the choices were made by fans, not Hasbro. And, of course, they underproduced the wave.

DarthPaxis
02-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Yep, that wave had the Shadow Stormtrooper, the Covert Ops Clone Trooper, the Utapau Shadow Trooper, Commander Neyo and Zev Senesca. I remember some years back, not sure exactly when, but Hasbro was asked about Revan getting repacked, and I thought they had said that they hadn't found the right 'avenue' to repack him, well in hindsight, that was clear a load of crap, as the Vintage Collection would have been the perfect way to bring him back. Hasbro doesn't care about repacking those figures, plain and simple. Despite so many of them going for 40, 50, 60, 70, etc on ebay, they seem blind to the demand these figures bring in.

Ty
02-10-2014, 06:32 PM
there should be more of those, lol. Fan choice re-release waves..

I am a studious collector, I order my figures from the states (90% of the time I'd say) so honestly it wouldn't effect me much. Hasbro makes something I want, I usually spend the money to get it. Except for maybe a few Ewoks that I missed, R2-X2 and Leesub Sirlin (who at the time I refused to buy just because she was such a weirdo figure) there's not really much out there that got released that I didn't end up getting. That said, that Saga Legends wave was amazing and honestly I think Hasbro should do one of those a year. Hold a poll, vote for 5 figures to be re-released and alongside those, release an all-new fan-voted figure. And if the vintage line hasn't been resurrected at that time, or even if it has, those figures should be released on vintage cards.

BlackRook
02-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I'd hope that if they ever do another fan's choice wave, the fans will be tired of troopers by now. I remember even back when that poll first happened I was already getting tired of clones, and the trooper-heavy wave was a bit annoying. I wanted a Pablo-Jill re-release, though I guess in the end it turned out alright, since he got a great resculpt.

Seven years later.

Julythrunov
02-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but does Rebelscum plan to have a presence at TF?

my_kind_of_scum
02-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I asked earlier and never saw a reply. I'm thinking the answer to that is no. It's sad to see how little news there is on this site anymore considering it used to be THE place to go for the best coverage of Hasbro.

John_Solo
02-11-2014, 01:42 PM

I'm sure they will. Not sure why this year would be any different.

Even if it was a light year for Star Wars (which it likely won't be) they have two sites they need to provide content for. And they have mods who live nearby, I believe.

This site sort of revolves around NYTF and SDCC.

my_kind_of_scum
02-11-2014, 03:13 PM
They didn't end up having anyone at SDCC last year, though, did they?

King_D
02-11-2014, 09:19 PM
There was a "disturbance in the force", and most of the good mods on rebelscum were banished or resigned.

GrandAdmiralFel
02-12-2014, 04:37 AM
They didn't end up having anyone at SDCC last year, though, did they?

I can't recall, but there was almost no news out of San Diego. Which has become the case with San Diego.

Source: Was there.

CustomJedi
02-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Hopefully anyone reporting on Toy Fair will arrive safely before the snowpocalypse hits.

my_kind_of_scum
02-12-2014, 12:03 PM
I can't recall, but there was almost no news out of San Diego. Which has become the case with San Diego.

Source: Was there.

I only asked/assumed because they never posted any answers to Hasbro questions (even though they had solicited questions in the forums) post SDCC when the other sites were posting their (non)answers.

John_Solo
02-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2013 (http://www.rebelscum.com/san_diego_comic_con_2013.asp)

John_Solo
02-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Also, I think the last time they missed one was maybe 1999, but even that just might be missing from the archive:

Rebelscum.com: Special Feature Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/previews.asp)

Jabbapalacespy
02-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Here's to hoping Hasbro throws us a bone or two. :\

CHEWIE
02-13-2014, 04:58 PM

A Star Wars Toys & Collectibles Resource; News, Photos and Reviews for Collectors - JediTempleArchives.com (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com) usually has a great presence.

Diablo20
02-13-2014, 06:33 PM

Better questions would be "Does Hasbro plan to have a presence at TF?

Julythrunov
02-13-2014, 06:42 PM
It would be great if hasbro sets up a booth , with a table and everything. But absolutely no products. And instead, they just have an index card on the table that reads "see you at comic con!". And then the same thing at SDCC, "see you at toy fare!" And so on and so forth. Saves everyone the trouble.

GNT
02-13-2014, 06:48 PM
It'll probably be more cost effective for them to not show up at all, just have an empty table... it'll just echo the vintage and modern lines at retail really.

lordtyrannus
02-13-2014, 10:08 PM
I think they should have DDP dressed as ROTS Obi-Wan in a dunking booth full of Angry Birds and Fighter Pods. He will be dunked every time the phrase "kids play pattern" is uttered at the panel.

Diablo20
02-13-2014, 11:08 PM
It would be great if hasbro sets up a booth , with a table and everything. But absolutely no products. And instead, they just have an index card on the table that reads "see you at comic con!". And then the same thing at SDCC, "see you at toy fare!" And so on and so forth. Saves everyone the trouble.

The card should say "Nothing to see here. Move along" or even better "These are not the products you are looking for."

Trooper31
02-14-2014, 05:09 AM

Stop giving Hasbro ideas......please.:hmm:

Sybeck1
02-14-2014, 06:34 AM
Will the weather hamper the show?

Trooper31
02-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Will the weather hamper the show?

That's a good question. Wouldn't it be cool if all the fan sites and the Hasbro team got stuck together in the showroom and couldn't leave for a few days? maybe we'd actually get some real answers to our questions.

DarkArtist
02-14-2014, 08:50 AM
That's a good question. Wouldn't it be cool if all the fan sites and the Hasbro team got stuck together in the showroom and couldn't leave for a few days? maybe we'd actually get some real answers to our questions.

weather never hampered the show before i believe. i remember covering the show back in 2009 for SirStevesguide.com and there was snow left from a previous storm only a few days prior.

i do love the concept of the fan sites being trapped with Hasbro. that would be an interesting event indeed.

JabbaJohnL
02-14-2014, 02:23 PM
weather never hampered the show before i believe. i remember covering the show back in 2009 for SirStevesguide.com and there was snow left from a previous storm only a few days prior.

i do love the concept of the fan sites being trapped with Hasbro. that would be an interesting event indeed.

Cool, I'm actually covering for SSG this year. I was going to go last year but the weather was so crazy that my flights were cancelled and I was unable to re-book.

So, yeah – check out sirstevesguide.com starting tomorrow for full coverage, and time permitting, an interview with the Hasbro Star Wars team!

BlackRook
02-14-2014, 05:22 PM
A Star Wars Toys & Collectibles Resource; News, Photos and Reviews for Collectors - JediTempleArchives.com (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com) usually has a great presence.
It's a shame the guy running the site can't talk like a journalist and insists on treating it like a glorified Facebook page.

Darth_Bones
02-14-2014, 05:39 PM
It's a shame the guy running the site can't talk like a journalist and insists on treating it like a glorified Facebook page.

Agreed, and ironically he hates Facebook lmao!!!

Deathbymonkeys
02-14-2014, 08:17 PM

Yeah his sarcastic spin and annoying dismissal of things he doesn't like have pretty much put me off that site.

coachvader
02-14-2014, 11:26 PM
I enjoy both rebelscum and JTA. The only time i have been annoyed by JTA is when Paul said he loathed football when doing star wars football helmets. As a football coach and former college football player that just did not stand, lol. For real i like both rebelscum and JTA.

my_kind_of_scum
02-14-2014, 11:40 PM
I looked around, but must have missed it - what time is Hasbro's presentation tomorrow?

HothHan
02-14-2014, 11:55 PM
I have never visited JTA on my own - I have only ever been there when a link on these forums directed me there.

That being said I just browsed the front page for the first time and saw the blatant and biased critique of the 5 POA figures smack dab in the middle of the "news"...that is one thing you would never see on RS home page. Unbiased reporting should be the name of the game.

JTA...kthxbi

RebelTrooper
02-14-2014, 11:59 PM
I looked around, but must have missed it - what time is Hasbro's presentation tomorrow?

Saturday 1:00 pm EST

Here you go:

Announcing The Bantha Skull Toy Fair Live Blog (http://banthaskull.com/story/news_announcing_the_bantha_skull_toy_fair_live_blo g)

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Saturday 1:00 pm EST

Here you go:

Announcing The Bantha Skull Toy Fair Live Blog (http://banthaskull.com/story/news_announcing_the_bantha_skull_toy_fair_live_blo g)

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Jaeger45
02-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Generally regarding opinion pieces on SW collecting sites:
I really don't mind if you post your opinions. I might or might not agree with them, and if I disagree often enough readership may drop, but it is hard to keep a straight face when talking about journalistic standards in toy collecting. It's a fun hobby (or at least used to be), it's not geopolitics.

Simdog
02-15-2014, 07:36 AM
So today is the day!

Surlrises or not? Will Hasbro flop again?? Based off of the recent Rebels reveals and Stan's list, what's your gut opinion now? Has it changed?

Comments

lordtyrannus
02-15-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm pretty sure this TF will be 90% Rebels. I'm fine with that, and it makes sense. I just hope they throw us a few bones for BS 3.75", because to be honest, the 6" line has lost all of its luster, and now that the BS is out of the cloud of cancelled 3D releases, I'm curious as to what it'll have to offer.

TK_842
02-15-2014, 09:14 AM
If 2012 and 2013 editions are any indication, collector focused items won't be the main attraction. I'd be happy if they display TBS wave 4 prototypes and, if we're Lucky, a large vehicle. This being said, i agree the Rebels show coming this fall, Hasbro will most certainly put all their efforts in promoting the line that will get most screen time and media attention in 2014

Darth_Martus
02-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah his sarcastic spin and annoying dismissal of things he doesn't like have pretty much put me off that site.

I only use JTA for the archive and reviews. I avoid the news stories for those reasons you've described.

edbates
02-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Man I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I enjoy the speed at which news is posted at that site, but I find myself trying to avoid it now. Can't stand the negativity.

HothHan
02-15-2014, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure this TF will be 90% Rebels. I'm fine with that, and it makes sense. I just hope they throw us a few bones for BS 3.75", because to be honest, the 6" line has lost all of its luster, and now that the BS is out of the cloud of cancelled 3D releases, I'm curious as to what it'll have to offer.

Lol it's lost its luster 3 waves in...really?

Darth_Martus
02-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Ok Hasbro, I am ready to be disappointed :D

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Hasbro not allowing photos or videos during their presentation. Guess it will be a few hours before we actually see anything.

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Really sick of that. There is nothing worthy of being top secret ever at these things.

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Yodasnews says there is a giant X-wing behind the podium. Not too newsworthy, but it's something, I guess. lol

R1G4R3PO
02-15-2014, 01:15 PM
following on a couple of other sites...my little pony was first. and one site posted a possible x-wing, 6" scale behind podium

RebelTrooper
02-15-2014, 01:17 PM
http://www.banthaskull.com/tf2014blog (http://www.banthaskull.com/tf2014blog)
https://twitter.com/galactichunter (https://twitter.com/galactichunter)
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13138 (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13138)
http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/02/15/toy-fair-2014-coverage/ (http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/02/15/toy-fair-2014-coverage/)

Darth_Martus
02-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Hasbro not allowing photos or videos during their presentation. Guess it will be a few hours before we actually see anything.

I read 6PM for the slidshow to be up.

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:24 PM
So transformers gets 4 waves revealed and we'll be lucky to see one new wave. Ridiculous...

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Transformers also gets a fans choice character. Wonder if it ended up being the wrong version of that character as well? :P

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:30 PM
And because the kids and collectors separation seems to be working so well, Hasbro's doing that with Transformers as well! I'm sure retailers are thrilled.

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:33 PM
30 minutes in and we are still talking about transformers. I know it's their most profitable line, but wow. How long is the presentation? I thought the whole thing was only going to be 45 minutes.

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:35 PM
They still have Marvel and Star Wars. GI Joe isn't part of this as well is it?

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:37 PM
GI Joe and Kreo is next. Rumors abound that there will be very little Joe product this year, though.

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Interesting given its the 50th anniversary.

R1G4R3PO
02-15-2014, 01:40 PM
maybe GIJoe and 5POA don't mix...lol

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Next up is Star Wars

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:48 PM
2 new TCW Figures. One's gotta be Rex. Who is the other? Cade Bane?

my_kind_of_scum
2 new TCW clones in 3 3/4" Black Series...

Yodaminch
Rex and Fives maybe?

Darth_Bones
02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
TBS clone wars realistic figures, two of them, maybe Rex and who else???

TatooineSandworm
02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Rex and Fives maybe?

Banthaskull is reporting Cody and Wolff

Darth_Bones
02-15-2014, 01:50 PM

Sweet!!!!!!!

Yodaminch
How does Cody even count? He's already realistic. Wolff I look forward to getting. I assume Rex must already be planned then.

my_kind_of_scum
Sounds like even the vehicles in the Rebels line will be produced in animated style?

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:55 PM
So far Hasbro's living up to my expectations for disappointment. A 2 inch line? Really?

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 01:57 PM
new "tie fighter pilot" cardback for 3 3/4" black series

Oddball_Fett
02-15-2014, 01:58 PM

Noooooooo!!!

Where's Rex?

:'(

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 01:59 PM
6inch Jabba. Well, might get that for Leia.

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Two?? Two figures shown? Nothing more until SDCC? Wow. /worse than I thought.,

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Well, I think it's pretty clear how Hasbro feels about the 3 3/4 Black series line now...

I believe that was the worst showing ever. And that is saying something.

EmperorPalpitate
02-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Aren't they having a Star Wars-centric panel tomorrow? Thought I read that somewhere....

trandoshanhunter
02-15-2014, 02:09 PM
2 figures? Are you f**king kidding me Hasbro?!? :mad:

Shadow_Imperium
02-15-2014, 02:09 PM
This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Idpullthecurtain
02-15-2014, 02:11 PM
I believe that was the worst showing ever. And that is saying something.

Well its up there, but there have been panels with NO new figures at all.

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 02:14 PM
True. I think what makes this worse is how many other lines got new info while we received info on 4 figures of which only 2 were shown.

jrnyfan_nc_rr_com
02-15-2014, 02:20 PM
I've followed the SW presentation of every Toy Fair since 1995. For someone like me, who only has interest in Episodes I - VI, 3 3/4" realistic figures and vehicles (and PLAYSETS), this is the worst offering of product at Toy Fair ever. I'm insulted that only 2 figures were "revealed" (do I really need another Luke Hoth?). Clearly Hasbro doesn't want the hundreds/thousands of dollars I used to give them a year. Clearly the line is about at its end for someone like me.

Meesa_Mike
02-15-2014, 02:22 PM
It's a nice F you to adult collectors. Nice sentiment.

Idpullthecurtain
02-15-2014, 02:24 PM
There is VERY little adult collector product at the moment. We know that, its not really a surprise.

EddieU
02-15-2014, 02:27 PM
The presentation was a let-down all around (except for 6" TBS), but the coverage from sites like GH, Yodasnews, and TNI was really well-done--professional, and fast. Thanks, dudes.

John_Solo
02-15-2014, 02:32 PM
It's a nice F you to adult collectors. Nice sentiment.

Unless you like the 6" line, of course. Then it's a Wookiee hug.

Idpullthecurtain
02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Wow Ree Yees and Doallyn look awesome.

SGT_A
02-15-2014, 02:39 PM

Where are you finding images?

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 02:39 PM

What??
Where?

Idpullthecurtain
02-15-2014, 02:41 PM
What??
Where?

Galactichunters FB page.

John_Solo
02-15-2014, 02:42 PM
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1901994_701515929900924_2127866558_n.jpg

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Galactichunters FB page.

Thanks. They do look nice. I have to say that the new card design is *much* better as well.

trandoshanhunter
02-15-2014, 02:45 PM
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1901994_701515929900924_2127866558_n.jpg
Wow, they both look fantastic! Now their's something to be excited about!

darkbill
02-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Sadly much as I expected. I expect to be lucky if we get more than 15-20 3.75" figures per year now.

And of those probably 5 or fewer actually new characters.

No interest in 6", 5poa or Rebels. Rebels just look like another animated wave, and so far unimpressed by either the characters or sculpts. So a pass.

But I think the interesting thing will be any vehicles for the Rebels line, and how well they work with the existing 3" line. Keen to see what these look like. Also they may be the best hope for any classic vehicles, like Blockade Runner if they feature in the animated series to a significant extent. Chronologically more chance of these ships being featured regularly than in Clone Wars.

Otherwise we're just treading water till these other lines flag (didn't seem to be the same enthusiasm for Angry Birds, huh?) or the new movies are out.

Means I can spend the time streamlining my collection, building displays and saving money. ;-)

Yodaminch
02-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Interesting that they changed packaging so quickly. If wave 4 and on are this, I wonder if we'll have to wait until the Fall reset for Yoda and the rest.

RebelTrooper
02-15-2014, 02:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/galactichunterdotcom/photos_stream

R1G4R3PO
02-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Interesting that they changed packaging so quickly. If wave 4 and on are this, I wonder if we'll have to wait until the Fall reset for Yoda and the rest.

packaging (currently) likely been for rots3d, new look maybe planned for ot-3d

Masterfett
02-15-2014, 02:53 PM
I pretty much figured TF would be geared towards Rebels, that is the line that will have media attention. And more focus on the Kids, the ones whoe spend more money on SW than anyone...

Really sick of that. There is nothing worthy of being top secret ever at these things.
Technically yes, becasue all this stuff it still waiting for final approval. If retail partners don't like what they see, they can always not buy.
Which means none of this stuff gets released, right?

Wolff is fine, but Cody! We already have three version of him, and IMO the last figure is just fine until Bacara and Bly get updated!

Unless you like the 6" line, of course. Then it's a Wookiee hug.
It actually remeind me of the time when Hasbro switched their focus to ML, instead of MU! Sad... :(

Don't you mean Brock Starjammer or whatever! :P

Yeah they do look nice, but I'm more geeked out about Toryn Farr and the Snowtrooper Commander!
It's nice to get a Ree Yees resculpt after 20 years, but I still feel Yakeface is far more deserving and interesting!

darkbill
02-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I like the vehicles. Will just assign them to expanded universe characters. :-)

Ironically, the 3.75" sculpts continue to look excellent, but yeah likely to be fewer of them from now on. The 2" small soldiers line is another one to pass on for me, but could be another decent affordable kids line.

BlackRook
02-15-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm not disappointed with what we're seeing so far. That would imply that I had expectations. Anyway, the only thing that I'm liking so far is Ree-Yees. I like Wolffe, but I wish we were getting higher profile characters from TCW first, like Bane or Ventress, instead of going straight to clones with minimal new tooling. And still no sign of Rex.? What the hell?

Also, looking at the Rebels stuff, they seem to really love this Imperial guy with the dorky helmet. Is that Agent Kallus? I don't know a thing about him but I can already tell you make a 12" version of him is a big mistake.

BlackRook
02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Wait, wait, I had another thought! Where's our edit button? Bah. So, it sounds like there weren't any upset avians at Toy Fair. Not celebrating just yet because knowing Hasbro, they'll have a panel solely dedicated to disgruntled pigeons.

TK_842
02-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Well, pretty much what i expected from this presentation. Even surprised we are treated with figures past wave 4 AND an Evolved cardback for the better. Other than that, i only see more saving with Hasbro.. which is fortunate as Sideshow's 12" line will be a killer for me this year.

Oddball_Fett
02-15-2014, 03:49 PM

Now we're talkin'! I want every fig there.

TK_842
02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Not sure i want all of them. Snowtrooper Commander, Toryn Farr, Ree-Yees, Sgt Doallyn and Wedge are sure buys though.

Ty
02-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Pretty impressed with everything shown. It may seem like very little but to me its a heck of a lot more than the nothing I was expecting. RY and the Sarg look amazing, I'll definitely be picking up the R5 as well.

On another note, my wife might not be all that thrilled that another Jabba is about to show up at our house LOL. I have the 3 3/4 palace in one room, & Sideshow and vintage in another.. Bwahaha

Ty
02-15-2014, 04:59 PM
P.S. I'm hoping there's some sort of panel reveals coming as well?

Vorax
02-15-2014, 05:04 PM
The Imperial vehicles from "Rebels" look pretty good, provide they're not cheaply made or underscale.

DarkManX
02-15-2014, 07:30 PM
I'll be getting all but Toryn Farr and probably the Imperial vehicles

Doop
02-15-2014, 07:33 PM
I'll be getting all the 6inch stuff, the rebels vehicles, and a few bs figures. Overall, I'm sort-of impressed.

i_know
02-15-2014, 07:42 PM
If you're buying the 6" inch figures you're in luck cause they all look great, unfortunately these don't interest me. Still pretty pleased with what's coming for the 3.75" line. Not enough, but what's there looks great.

Krayt
02-15-2014, 08:10 PM
One word for me sums it up
disappointing

Scarrviper
02-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Wish there could have been more shown or revealed, but I'm thankful that at least the line is continuing. So many great figures coming.

Jabbapalacespy
02-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Is there going to be any kind of slideshow that will reveal other upcoming figures?

kk1
02-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Is there going to be any kind of slideshow that will reveal other upcoming figures?

Yeah remember last year they had all the exclusives on the slide show then didn't show them until SDCC, I remember because they changed the ewoks.

my_kind_of_scum
02-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Seems like they're holding the exclusives until SDCC this year.

JTA is hinting that they will have a qna up with news in a little bit. Hopefully, that means other sites were able to ask questions as well.

R1G4R3PO
02-15-2014, 08:43 PM
sldeshow w/ full waves and eta's are a thing of the past :( for past few years they just showd slides of select figures, usually not complete waves or even listed as waves. yakface has pics that i believe are "slides" from todays showing

RebelTrooper
02-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Banthaskull interview with Jeff Labovitz (http://banthaskull.com/story/news_banthaskull_interview_with_jeff_labovitz)

ChancellorStrife
02-16-2014, 03:36 AM
More than $300 if the original Death Star playset were to be released today? Sorry, I have to call bull on that after the epicness that is the BMF. I have to believe that it is in the works, and we'll see it announced/shown off at Celebration Anahiem next April for a summer release. I will settle for a straight up re-issue of the original set, just give us something.

Rogue1969
02-16-2014, 04:56 AM
I guess if I have to be stuck in Nigeria for a year, this is the year for it, because I'm sure not missing anything back home. I can have my wife pick up what few figures I'll want (and most likely they'll still be on the shelf next year when I return).

I think the biggest WTF moment was looking at the X-Wing. That thing is about as useless as the 31" Jakks Pacific figures I saw clogging up the aisles before I left (and that went on drastic clearance after the holidays because no one wanted them). From what I can tell, the wings don't even open. How does a thing (I can't even call it a 'toy') like that pass quality control? What was the staff meeting like - "Hey, do you think anyone will notice that the most iconic feature of a ship called an "X-WING" fighter doesn't exist?" "Phhsst! I think you're giving our customers too much credit. Now, shut up and color." Makes me want to log onto TRU.com right now and buy a fleet of the Vintage X-Wing just to make a statement.

I guess we can't complain too much. I went to a store in a 'mall' over here, and this is what passes for Star Wars figures in the toy aisle:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20140215_093344.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20140215_093344.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/20140215_093402.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/20140215_093402.jpg)

lordtyrannus
02-16-2014, 01:27 PM
What in the WORLD?!?--http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/joshuafm/Rebelscum%20Uploads/null_zps67888269.png
This is ridiculous.

darthsatan
02-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Next thing we'll be getting duck face selfies.

tanksmasher
02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
A tad vain isn't he, but I will gladly say whatever he wants if he has something truly interesting to show.

Michael_Knight
02-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Wow, JTA is sounding like Hasbro.

John_Solo
02-16-2014, 02:41 PM
What in the WORLD?!?--http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/joshuafm/Rebelscum%20Uploads/null_zps67888269.png
This is ridiculous.

Par for the course.

wedgeswingman
02-16-2014, 03:13 PM
A tad vain isn't he, but I will gladly say whatever he wants if he has something truly interesting to show.

That's always the issue with him isn't it? He hypes something and then there's nothing.

EddieU
02-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Par for the course.

I guess it's a step up from the JTA TF Live Blog...

02/15/2014 14:02 http://v.24liveblog.com/embed/share/twitter.png (http://v.24liveblog.com/index.php?c=Api&a=share&t=twitter&nid=191082894&url=http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13138)

TWO FREAKING 3.75" Figures.

someone needs to get hurt.

o-o
It's disappointing-- JTA has really nice photos, and I've read the site for years, but the mounting aggression over there has caused me to drastically reduce my visits.

lordtyrannus
02-16-2014, 03:55 PM
I very much appreciate the insight and inside news JTA delivers, and they're ALWAYS the first to deliver most news. It's just the way they relay the news and the childish antics that grate my nerves.

Scarrviper
02-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Wow, JTA is sounding like Hasbro.
Maybe that's the joke?

At least he's trying to get us some info.

GrandAdmiralJSK
02-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Jedi Temple Archives News: Jedi Temple Archives NY Toy Fair Exclusive: Hasbro Secrets Revealed! (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13156)

I'm guessing that's the big news? Why does all the all their stuff sound so immature?

I hope that is a Bespin Escape leia. My BMF is in dire need of a legit one.

BlackRook
02-16-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm guessing that's the big news? Why does all the all their stuff sound so immature?
It's why I honestly despise that site. I've seen the guy get legitimately angry for things that were his own fault. Like last year, he found a Black Friday website that announced Star Wars multipacks like they had in 2012. He didn't check the date and notice that this was old information and reported it as if these packs were coming back. Then he makes a post noting the error, so he was definitely aware of it. Then he mysteriously forgets this, and when Black Friday happens and there's no multipack he posts angrily about how the website he found this at needs to be shut down. I know he runs a successful website and all, but he has the mentality of a 13 year old and every time I read anything written by him I have to remind myself that he's probably in his 30's.

Krayt
02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Jedi Temple Archives News: Jedi Temple Archives NY Toy Fair Exclusive: Hasbro Secrets Revealed! (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13156)

I hope that is a Bespin Escape leia. My BMF is in dire need of a legit one.

So where is the big news?

lordtyrannus
02-16-2014, 06:25 PM
So where is the big news?

He'll posted after he reaches 300 Begs.

Doop
02-16-2014, 07:00 PM
So possibly a 6" Emperor? Why not a BS Emperor?