PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Packaging

Itfciain
01-21-2014, 07:18 AM
Quite new to GG Jumbo figures and thought I might buy a few in to sell. I have purchased from two different sellers on here and both have arrived with damaged packaging - both to the inner bubble and outer case - is this something that is quite common ?

Also how much does damage to the packaging knock off the value of these figures ?

AussieFortuna
01-21-2014, 10:37 AM
I'll give GG a wrap here, ive had about 10 come direct from them here to OZ, not one has been damaged, all have been packed very professionally in a good box full of beans, ive heard other collectors get them damaged from GG but ive only had 100% good experience from them, so nice work GG.

Im sure theres plenty damaged on the secondary market, they are massive and the bubbles would be easy to ding, id guess its very common on the secondary market.

Maybe find a place to buy them from that packs them really well.

The outer case does come with some funny looking wavy marks on most, i think it might be the way the plastics formed in the factory, you can only really see it when you hold it to the light.

Yes theres no doubt it would knock the value of them down if they are damaged, but couldnt tell you how much.

cheers n good luck

imperial_peter
01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
All mine arrive fine but I do notice marks and scuffs on some. My red snag package is wavy on top of the bubble but it looks like a factory issue. I wonder what the condition of the droid three pack and wampa will be? It worries me a bit but we will have to wait and see.

GGC
01-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Most of mine arrive fine, but a few have come banged up. If you are selling them to a MOC person, then yeah it will take the value down but openers may not care. When I buy 2 of certain characters I usually swap out the clamshells with a bad one if they match and then just toss the bad shell.