PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner 2-1B Figure

AnthonyP
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Rebelscum.com: Gentle Giant: 2014 PGM Gift 2-1B Vintage Jumbo Figure (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Gentle_Giant_2014_PGM_Gift_21B_Vintage_Jumbo_Figur e_155893.asp)

http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0031026.jpg

Shabby_Blue
12-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Another nice surprise ESB figure to add to the collection. I wonder if we'll get FX-7 too.

BillMulder
12-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm glad to see it but I'm shocked that they're making 2-1B.

CraigMac
12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Probably my least favorite choice in this line. I would have rather seen a Tie Fighter or even Lobot.

DefSith
12-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Glad this is a PGM. It would definitely be the least favorite if sold as regulars :) I reckon this will be a rare figure.

Sublevel
12-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Glad this is a PGM. It would definitely be the least favorite if sold as regulars :) I reckon this will be a rare figure.

Yep, you could be right.

AussieFortuna
12-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Basically my least fav figure of all time, maybe they are trying to trump this years proto rocket fett with an even worse offering, well they sure have done that with this one lol.

ramy
12-20-2013, 10:38 AM
It wouldn't be my first choice for the PGM, but I will get it.

Jedi534
12-20-2013, 10:39 AM
2-1B is my favorite figure in the entire vintage line so even though I don't do the Jumbos anymore, I will choose this one as my "gift". B)

Glitch
12-20-2013, 10:55 AM
2-1B is my favorite figure in the entire vintage line so even though I don't do the Jumbos anymore, I will choose this one as my "gift". B)

Agree on both counts. 2-1B is an AWESOME vintage figure. If done correctly with the clear plastic (fingers crossed), this could be one of the most amazing figures in this line as well.

I stopped collecting the line, but I'm all over this one.

Tweekem
12-20-2013, 05:45 PM
I was gona be done after the bounty hunters but I will go again for this years membership n get this one s a gift.. if the exclusives stink this year I'm out... the price of the wampa took the fun away for me to be honest.. I have zero both figs reserved except the trooper... need him

Logray
12-21-2013, 05:11 PM
I've never joined PGM before but I would consider joining for 2-1B! Just a question for those more experienced with it, though: if you join, does it obligate you to buy anything else? I mean, it's not like a figure of the month club, right?

wgenich
12-21-2013, 06:45 PM
I've never joined PGM before but I would consider joining for 2-1B! Just a question for those more experienced with it, though: if you join, does it obligate you to buy anything else? I mean, it's not like a figure of the month club, right?

You are not obligated to buy anything. Its just that you pay for your membership (aka free item) up front. You also have access to several exclusives. :)

assemblyrequired
12-21-2013, 10:23 PM
This is one of my favorite vintage figures and it's temping to get it ...but I will wait until I see if there are any issues.

-James

Shabby_Blue
12-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Don't forget the fact that PGM membership also gives you a discounted price for their other items. It helps if you plan on purchasing more of the Jumbo figures.

ramy
12-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Don't forget the fact that PGM membership also gives you a discounted price for their other items. It helps if you plan on purchasing more of the Jumbo figures.

And you can buy exclusive ones early like the SDCC exclusive ones.

trigger2k10
12-25-2013, 12:09 PM
PG membership is worth it to get the free gift (I got the free Jumbo blue RF Boba Fett and now the free 2-1B...just gotta pay shipping), and then you get a $30 coupon for in stock merchandise and a $10 coupon for whatever you want. And of course you have access to all the PGM exclusives.

But the discount you get on regular stuff for being a PGM isn't great, since after the discount items are often still more than what you'd pay at other places. I've seen the jumbo Wampa selling on other sites for the PGM discounted price, so what exactly are we getting out of that?

trigger2k
01-16-2014, 08:24 AM
So, has anyone gotten their PGM free gift code yet and preordered this? I checked my email and don't see any of the PGM codes.

I guess, once again, I'll have to email GG. I think they like the attention.

ramy
01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
So, has anyone gotten their PGM free gift code yet and preordered this? I checked my email and don't see any of the PGM codes.

I already got mine and ordered it.

BillMulder
01-16-2014, 03:00 PM

I got my codes about a week ago but haven't actually ordered it yet.

DarthDad
02-20-2014, 08:24 AM
If anybody wishes to sell their's at a reasonable price should they wish, let me know.
I have collected nil from the jumbo line, but have always loved the 2-1b figure, for some unknown reason.
Postage would be to Australia, so preferable to take an offer from a fellow aussie..
But if the price is right, and USPS doesn't kill it, I'm open to offers.

Kevin_Lentz
02-20-2014, 10:43 PM
If anybody wishes to sell their's at a reasonable price should they wish, let me know.
I have collected nil from the jumbo line, but have always loved the 2-1b figure, for some unknown reason.
Postage would be to Australia, so preferable to take an offer from a fellow aussie..
But if the price is right, and USPS doesn't kill it, I'm open to offers.

You should probably just join and get yours "free." My guess is most of us getting one joined the guild to get the figure.

CapTypho
06-28-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm just about to bite the bullet and rejoin the PGM but don't collect the Jumbo's.

Would anybody in the UK be interested in a spare 2-1B if I were to order one? The thought being that it would split the shipping costs and any import duty.

Would be at cost, so $80 for the figure, plus 1/3rd postage and 1/3rd of any import charges.

JediJones77
06-30-2014, 01:07 AM
2-1B was also a favorite of mine as a kid. It's hard to think of any OT droid I don't love. Going PGM is a no-brainer this year, combined with $10 off the SDCC exclusive and $30 off the Snowtrooper, if they would just finally take it off "pre-order" status on their site so the code would work.

MOAR DROADS! Admittedly 4-LOM wasn't one of my favorites. Something about the bug-eyes on a robot is a turn-off. But I bought him. Now bring on FX-7, 8D8 and EV-9D9.

Please, no Lobot. I like ROBOTS, not Lobots. I'm a completist so far but I'd really have to hold my nose to buy him or the Cloud Car Pilot.

TheGoodDr
07-01-2014, 01:38 AM
IMO, FX-7 would have been perfect as this year's SDCC exclusive.

DarthMickeyMoose
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=JediJones77;19419673]2-1B was also a favorite of mine as a kid. It's hard to think of any OT droid I don't love. Going PGM is a no-brainer this year, combined with $10 off the SDCC exclusive and $30 off the Snowtrooper, if they would just finally take it off "pre-order" status on their site so the code would work.

You'll find that this never happens on a item you really want.

As far as 2-1B goes I'll bet by the end of the year he won't break $50.00

jedimasterc
07-01-2014, 06:25 PM
I loved the 2-1B droid as a kid as well but I do find him to be a bit boring. I actually passed on this one. I do want the AT-AT driver much more.

Glitch
07-04-2014, 03:54 PM
I'd gladly send back that stupid unpainted Fett for this guy.

DarthMickeyMoose
07-04-2014, 04:42 PM
I'd gladly send back that stupid unpainted Fett for this guy.

Ah so many happy customers, and the $400 wampa is not even here yet! :grin:

Kevin_Lentz
07-04-2014, 10:27 PM
As I've said before (and I know positive vibes are not loved by everyone here), I like 2-1B. I'm glad I'm getting him. Gentle Giant can keep doing what they do.

SexxyDrummerBoy1
07-05-2014, 02:16 AM
As I've said before (and I know positive vibes are not loved by everyone here), I like 2-1B. I'm glad I'm getting him. Gentle Giant can keep doing what they do.

Same here. I love 2-1B! I'm excited to get him:-)

ramy
07-05-2014, 07:12 AM
I like him too.

Glitch
07-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Ah so many happy customers, and the $400 wampa is not even here yet! :grin:

Point being. I LOVE 2-1B. Just sucks that this wasn't the "free" figure when I was still into this line. That unpainted test shot Fett was just about the worst choice possible.

DarthMickeyMoose
07-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Point being. I LOVE 2-1B. Just sucks that this wasn't the "free" figure when I was still into this line. That unpainted test shot Fett was just about the worst choice possible.

I got your meaning, just having some fun. It's one my fav's as well. I'll pick it up way cheaper outside of GG then being in. As could anyone else.

BlueSnaggletooth
07-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm down for a 2-1B for sure. Bring him on...

-Snags

AaylaSecurasMan
07-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Pic from SDCC's display

http://www.rebelscum.com/2014-SDCC/SDCC-2014-Gentle-Giant-Star-Wars-1/SDCC-2014-Gentle-Giant-Star-Wars-1-002.jpg

Kaneda_01
07-26-2014, 09:31 PM
I can't wait to add this one to the line up... GG did a great job with 2-1B... just perfect! I hope GG doesn't keep us waiting with FX-7 as a follow-up... :O)

ramy
07-28-2014, 06:36 AM
I can't wait to add this one to the line up... GG did a great job with 2-1B... just perfect! I hope GG doesn't keep us waiting with FX-7 as a follow-up... :O)

Me too, that should be a cool figure in 12" form.

xphillips
10-19-2014, 04:59 PM
When should we expect 2-1B ??????????

Shabby_Blue
10-19-2014, 11:23 PM
When should we expect 2-1B ??????????

Probably next month. The 2013 PGM exclusive (Prototype Fett) shipped in November 2013.

Palitoy_DS_1971
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
I just checked my 2-1B order on GGLTD and in small print it says:
"NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."
So from that it does look as though it's only a very short wait now.

wgenich
10-20-2014, 07:14 PM
I just checked my 2-1B order on GGLTD and in small print it says:
"NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."
So from that it does look as though it's only a very short wait now.

Their website is all messed up. It says that on all my pre-orders (except the last 2 - Leia Boushh and Admiral Ackbar jumbos), and has for months. The only concern is that to actually cancel/modify payment an order now you have to call them. You'd think they'd try to get that fixed rather than deal with the added volume of calls this could generate.

Palitoy_DS_1971
10-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Their website is all messed up. It says that on all my pre-orders (except the last 2 - Leia Boushh and Admiral Ackbar jumbos), and has for months. The only concern is that to actually cancel/modify payment an order now you have to call them. You'd think they'd try to get that fixed rather than deal with the added volume of calls this could generate.

Thanks for that information, wgenich. I didn't know.

xphillips
10-22-2014, 06:48 AM
I called to change my shipping address and asked when we could expect 2-1B... Here is the answer... "it is the special PG figure so toward the end of the year, probably December."

DarthChristopher
12-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Anybody know when this is getting shipped? Very anxious to get the 12" 2-1B action figure, never before made in this scale. Really hope GG makes a 12" FX-7 as well. :awesome:

Shabby_Blue
12-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Surprised it hasn't shipped already, compared to past PGM exclusives. It's looking like we won't get it until early 2015. Definitely a fail on GG's part.

Kevin_Lentz
12-25-2014, 12:16 PM
I'll be pleased to get it when it comes.

Shabby_Blue
12-26-2014, 01:35 PM
What would be pretty sad is if it hasn't even shipped before it's time to renew PGM membership again in early 2015.

BillMulder
12-26-2014, 06:26 PM
What would be pretty sad is if it hasn't even shipped before it's time to renew PGM membership again in early 2015.

That happened a couple years ago with the Gamorrean Guard and they extended everyone's PGM membership until all the PGM gifts shipped. They didn't open up the next year's PGM membership until after everything had shipped.

trigger2k
12-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I emailed them a few days ago. I was told it should ship at the end of this month OR in January. lol. So apparently it'll be January or later since the month is almost over.

And I'm definitely not renewing next year. This Jumbo line has been a fail for the most part. They're not accurate. Either the forms themselves are off, the paint is off, the gloss of the figure is off, the clam shell packaging is cheap and always damaged, they're overpriced, etc. I just want to get this one so I can ebay it for a little profit like I did with some of the others.

Shabby_Blue
12-28-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm curious to see what figure they'll tempt us with in 2015 as the PGM exclusive. 2-1B was kind of "meh" to me, but I'm still happy to get him and would have bought him as a regular release too. I'll admit, both the PGM exclusive AND SDCC exclusive (AT-AT Driver) in 2014 were weak offerings compared to the previous years when you consider that an EXCLUSIVE is supposed to be something special rather than just any old random character.

So will 2015 be a further downward slide, or will they have the sense this time to offer something better that will be a "must have" for more collectors? The smart thing would be to offer one of the main characters they haven't done yet, like Bespin Leia or Jedi Luke, though I could see a few people complaining about being forced to subscribe to the PGM just to get those. So the next best thing in my opinion would be one of the alien characters that are on a few of our wishlists, like Squid Head or Bib Fortuna, now that Gentle Giant is finally delving into the ROTJ line.

If they have to go with some 3rd tier character, then I'm rooting for FX-7 to pair up with 2-1B since he might not sell well as a regular release and therefore offering him as a PGM freebie with the other PGM perks might be the only way to give us FX-7. And if not FX-7, then give us the Sebastian Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure (which was who I was hoping for and expecting to be the 2014 SDCC exclusive). It's been far too long since Shaw's incarnation of Anakin got some attention in a toy line thanks to George Lucas' retconning with the Star Wars special editions, replacing him with Hayden Christensen as the Spirit of Anakin at the end of ROTJ.

Anyway, just watch the exclusive be one of the Bespin Security Guards next year instead. Good luck getting a bunch of PGM renewals for THAT, Gentle Giant. :)

GGC
01-13-2015, 10:04 PM
He will ship to the masses in a few weeks, he came out great, check him out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSTKimaLbtk&feature=youtu.be

Jedi534
01-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Awesome! 2-1B was one of my fav figs back in the day and although I stopped collecting the Jumbos after the First 21, 2-1B is an exception and he will be added to the collection! B)

Shabby_Blue
01-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Looks very nice. Always loved the vintage card for 2-1B too. It was colorful and had a good still photo from the film unlike a few other cardbacks. After main characters, bounty hunters, and Imperial troops, I think droids come next in line of demand from collectors for this toy line. Gentle Giant needs to offer more of the vintage droids. All that's left is FX-7, 8D8, EV-9D9, and then the R2 and C3PO variants. Of those, I can see them probably only doing EV-9D9. That figure was one of Kenner's best sculpts and could even hold up well next to Hasbro's modern figures, so getting a 1/6 scale version of it would be great. But since they did 2-1B, I'm really hoping they offer FX-7 eventually too.

trigger2k
02-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Any word on shipping yet? Here it is February 2015 and the 2014 PGM gift hasn't shipped.

xphillips
02-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Did everyone else receive the email about the MASSIVE DELAY of 21B? How can you be 5 MONTHS late? Originally we were told "we are hoping for late December shipping"

"As many of you may know, the 2014 PGM Gifts have been delayed. We just started processing the Daredevil Mini Bust today and hope to ship the rest of PGM gifts by late March to early April.
As a result, we have extended the 2014 Premier Guild Memberships until all the gifts have been sent out. The 2015 Premier Guild Membership and 2015 Gift Choices will be announced and offered thereafter.
Please do not hesitate to contact customer service if you need additional information. Customer service is available from 9 am to 5 pm Pacific Time."

Shabby_Blue
02-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Then does that mean when the 2015 PGM membership is available, it will still be for a full 12 months going into spring 2016? Because I'd be pretty upset if I signed up for the 2015 PGM in April and it expires just 8 months later on Jan 1st 2016 rather than rolling into April 2016 for a full 12 months.

ramy
02-14-2015, 08:02 PM
When they were late 2 years ago we didn't get an extension. It was just til December no matter when it started.

Jedi534
02-14-2015, 10:24 PM
I can't remember a time when I couldn't purchase a PG Exclusive so long as I signed up during renewals (or shortly after). It doesn't matter when you sign up, you are basically good until they offer up the renewals the following year whenever that may be. I also can't imagine a scenario where GG would cancel your membership on Dec 31st and then offer a PG exclusive before even offering up PG renewals. Now that would be humorous! "How come nobody is buying this PG exclusive?" :P

gijigsaw
02-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Anyone else frustrated with the new Gentle Giant/3D Systems website? Hard to track orders, change orders, they don't respond to help tickets, etc.

trigger2k
02-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Well, it's been so long that my debit card expired. Have to wait for a replacement since they never sent a new one. Not too worried since there's no sign of these shipping any time soon, but watch them up and cancel it. Bah...

DarthMickeyMoose
02-24-2015, 01:25 AM
Star Wars 1980 Kenner Gentle Giant 2 1B Vintage Jumbo Figure PGM 2014 Prototype | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-1980-KENNER-GENTLE-GIANT-2-1B-Vintage-Jumbo-Figure-PGM-2014-PROTOTYPE-/231478592862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e533055e)

First time I've ever seen one of these around. Not mine

trigger2k
02-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Star Wars 1980 Kenner Gentle Giant 2 1B Vintage Jumbo Figure PGM 2014 Prototype | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-1980-KENNER-GENTLE-GIANT-2-1B-Vintage-Jumbo-Figure-PGM-2014-PROTOTYPE-/231478592862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e533055e)

First time I've ever seen one of these around. Not mine

I was just looking at that.

I see it's from China, where these are made. Some factory worker probably took home some scrap parts and is making a buck. There's a completed listing for one of these that sold for $266.00 and he's selling/sold various "prototypes". lol

trigger2k
02-28-2015, 07:07 PM
I check this thread every day to see if anyone's is shipping yet.

Is this company for real? How can it possibly take this long to make last year's product? Last I heard was late December or possibly early January. Tomorrow is March an not a peep.

BillMulder
02-28-2015, 07:15 PM

Is this company for real? How can it possibly take this long to make last year's product? Last I heard was late December or possibly early January. Tomorrow is March an not a peep.

They said on Facebook that they "hope to ship the rest of PGM gifts by late March to early April."

ramy
03-01-2015, 11:41 AM

It wasn't their fault that the west coast docks were on a slow down.

TheGoodDr
03-20-2015, 03:39 AM
Anyone received theirs yet? Not that I'm a PGMember, but am curious to see pics/hear points of view.

Is there no PGM for 2015? Seems 2014 'freebies' are still on offer for those wanting to join.....

BillMulder
03-20-2015, 06:44 AM
Is there no PGM for 2015? Seems 2014 'freebies' are still on offer for those wanting to join.....

Based on the other year when they were months late with the PGM gifts, they won't announce the 2015 PGM until they finish sending out the 2014 gifts.

Bricker
03-30-2015, 07:36 PM
i got an email notification that my order will process on 4/2!

DarthMickeyMoose
03-30-2015, 08:25 PM

2015 or 2016? :P

JediMarty
03-30-2015, 08:57 PM

Got the same email notification. Will be interesting to see how they work the 2015 PGM. Seriously thinking to not even bother with it this year based on the lack of customer service and shortfalls with the SW Jumbo line this year.

TheGoodDr
03-30-2015, 10:27 PM
The PGM Jumbo would have to be something pretty special to get me to join again. 2-1B was such an uninspiring choice. And don't get me started on that damn "First Shot" Boba Fett from the year before! Even releasing the PGM Exclusive Gamorrean Guard on a ROTJ card was also a kick in the nuts IMO.

xphillips
03-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Order will finally process on Thursday. Not sure if my credit card is correct...

Hammerhead26
03-31-2015, 09:23 AM
I didn't get an email, does that mean I wont be getting one? And since it was a gift will they send me another gift?

Matthieu
03-31-2015, 12:58 PM
Received an email about 2-1B yesterday night. They are processing the orders at last!

Kevin_Lentz
04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm an idiot of the highest order. I paid for my membership but neglected to order my 21B. I called today and there's a waiting list. I guess I'll be looking on the secondary market for this one. Let me know if you can help - thanks! :)

Jedi534
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM
It's darn near perfect! B)

However, there is a somewhat significant paint detail that has been overlooked, on mine anyway.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_01.jpg http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_04.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_02.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_03.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_05.jpg

AaylaSecurasMan
04-04-2015, 05:56 PM
^ Oh my, those eyes :rolleyes:

Hoth_My_Fav
04-04-2015, 08:04 PM
one just went for 113.50 on ebay tonight...pre-order.... thats much lower than GG retail listing isnt it...

BillMulder
04-04-2015, 09:15 PM
one just went for 113.50 on ebay tonight...pre-order.... thats much lower than GG retail listing isnt it...

It was only available as the 2014 GG collector's club gift so it didn't have a retail price.

DarthMickeyMoose
04-04-2015, 09:52 PM

Another went off for $83.00 just a few hours ago, so it will be had for much cheaper.

Hoth_My_Fav
04-04-2015, 11:26 PM
oh yea i agree..

Hoth_My_Fav
04-05-2015, 12:54 AM
It's darn near perfect! B)

However, there is a somewhat significant paint detail that has been overlooked, on mine anyway.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_01.jpg http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_04.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_02.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_03.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/sw_gg_jumbo_21b_05.jpg

I like it,, looks great, just have to wait for the price to come in....

trigger2k
04-05-2015, 09:54 AM

No if you didn't pick this as your PGM gift it's $80 plus shipping. I wouldn't buy one for $80 and expect to make money off it after ebay's fees.

I also got the email about a week ago regarding Thursday processing and that's the last I heard of it. Not sure when it'll ship but I made sure my payment info was current.

DarthMickeyMoose
04-06-2015, 12:43 AM
If anyone gets one with the missing paint apps painted on please post. Thanks!

Tweekem
04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
I received my shipping notice, Im pretty much done with this line till I get my Luke Stormy wish so... anyone wana trade/buy him?

xphillips
04-08-2015, 06:43 AM
I received my shipping notice, Im pretty much done with this line till I get my Luke Stormy wish so... anyone wana trade/buy him?

I have one already, but my best friend has started picking a choosing a few to collect and he might want it. If you are selling at cost, PM me and I'll ask him today.

Jedi534
04-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Can anyone else confirm whether or not the neck on their 2-1B Jumbo is painted? Mine is NOT painted and like the original figure, it's supposed to be Silver. If unpainted is the way GG produced these then fine, but if others have it painted then I want to exchange it. Thanks!

xphillips
04-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Can anyone else confirm whether or not the neck on their 2-1B Jumbo is painted? Mine is NOT painted and like the original figure, it's supposed to be Silver. If unpainted is the way GG produced these then fine, but if others have it painted then I want to exchange it. Thanks!

I haven't actually received mine in the mail yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. If anyone else has one in hand, please post!

GGC
04-08-2015, 02:34 PM

None have it pained (the only one I saw with it painted was GG's early on prototypes), I got an early sample in Jan and mine was not painted either, take a look - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSTKimaLbtk&feature=youtu.be

I'm pretty sure they are all the same, none with painted neck

DarthBeek
04-08-2015, 04:04 PM
How do they continue to mess these up?

trigger2k
04-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Strange some people have theirs and mine hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered it the very day they it went up as a PGM gift.

ramy
04-09-2015, 06:43 AM
Strange some people have theirs and mine hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered it the very day they it went up as a PGM gift.

Same here.

JediEddy
04-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Add me to that list. Sad thing is, none of my pre-orders have yet to be ported over to their "New" system, so I can't even call and ask about the order, because I have no clue what the order number was.

Also, can't check my reward points, because they're not there either.

Shabby_Blue
04-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Received mine today. The neck is unpainted. :(

At this point it no longer surprises me when GG repeatedly screws up nearly every figure in this line, either with sculpting, paint apps, or the packaging itself. I dread what they might screw up with their Super Powers line next year. I'm looking forward to that line now more than any other new Star Wars figures they plan to offer. I'm just waiting for a few select ROTJ characters to be released before I call it quits with this line all together. When are we going to get Jedi Luke??

Tweekem
04-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Got mine.. no paint on neck.

DarthBeek
04-10-2015, 06:20 PM
The fact that the actual sticker ON THE PACKAGE shows a painted neck just cracks me up. Unreal. Feel for y'all that have stuck it out with this line.

xphillips
04-11-2015, 09:48 AM
2-1B received. Really nice figure. I'm not too concerned with the unpainted neck piece. If people hadn't posted, I would never had noticed. In my opinion it's not a "necessary" pain application.

I don't think this is a GG oversight... there must be another reason (probably money) as to why the decided to leave the application off. Each application costs an additional amount and maybe they were at their production cost limit. (I don't mean to open up a can of worms about how much these actually cost GG, but every company has a production cost limit (remember we hear this ALL the time from Matty Collector).

Tweekem
04-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Im surprised people are surprised that there is yet another error.

trigger2k
04-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Add me to that list. Sad thing is, none of my pre-orders have yet to be ported over to their "New" system, so I can't even call and ask about the order, because I have no clue what the order number was.

Also, can't check my reward points, because they're not there either.
I sent them an email on the 9th but no response yet. My order still says "pending" even though it was supposed to be processed on the 2nd. Maybe they got complaints about the unpainted neck and put them on hold?

This whole thing is bizarre and makes me wonder how they stay in business. The only Jumbo figures they've really done well with in my opinion are Death Star Droid and C-3P0. The rest all have something wrong with them whether it's a proportion issue, paint issue, shine of the plastic, etc. Don't they realize most vintage figures were shiny? Why are they churning out matte figures at these prices?

/rant

Tweekem
04-11-2015, 07:30 PM
I think its moronic that they have to retool figs like Bossk... mess up heights... get logos wrong(ig88), I had high hopes for this line.. now Im keeping a chosen few. Sad panda

trigger2k
04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
I think its moronic that they have to retool figs like Bossk... mess up heights... get logos wrong(ig88), I had high hopes for this line.. now Im keeping a chosen few. Sad panda

At premium collectible prices you'd think they would have had a much better eye for detail. It looks like they're making these as cheaply as possible in some crappy Chinese factory with no quality control in hopes that people will continue buying them indefinitely.

I for one am done. If I ever get my 2-1B that'll be it. And it's going right on ebay.

Glitch
04-12-2015, 12:25 PM
At premium collectible prices you'd think they would have had a much better eye for detail. It looks like they're making these as cheaply as possible in some crappy Chinese factory with no quality control in hopes that people will continue buying them indefinitely.

I for one am done. If I ever get my 2-1B that'll be it. And it's going right on ebay.

Yeah, I think we all hit that breaking point after a while. Mistake after mistake just keep adding up after while to the point where you just can't take it anymore. You begin to realize that the really nice figures are few and far between, and hopes and expectations for future figures begins to diminish significantly.

After years of being the biggest cheerleader for this line and collecting every figure, Bossk was the figure that did it for me. 2-1B and Han Bespin were at the top of my list for future releases, and, well, this neck paint issue for 2-1B and….do I really need to say anything about Han Bespin that hasn't already been said? I'll just leave it at….wow. :wtf:

Again, this should be the easiest line on the planet to manage, yet, somehow, they find a way to make blatant errors that are obvious within seconds to the collectors they're trying to appeal to.

I now see they are branching out into GI Joe, Batman Animated and the Super Powers line. Good luck to the fans of those lines, you're in for a long, bumpy ride.

…by that I mean massive disappointment.

:'(

Shabby_Blue
04-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Fortunately there's only around half a dozen figures I'm holding out for and then I can be done with this line too. I'm certainly not hoping for them to do EVERY character now, but Jedi Luke is a must have. The Emperor and his Royal Guard rank up there as well. I'd love to get 3 or 4 of Jabba's aliens too, but I dread to see how they might screw up Bib Fortuna, Squid Head, or Ree Yees with additional sculpted details or screwing up the soft goods clothing.

One thing I've noticed is that they seem to be slowing down on their new figure reveals, as well as offering the eventual preorders. Aside from the exclusive DROIDS C-3PO, nothing new has been teased since the Ackbar/Boushh Leia/Ugnaught/Logray batch was shown last summer, and it took forever for them to finally get around to offering the last of those (Logray) as a preorder. I wonder if releases for this line will be fewer and far between from now on with their focus divided among other Jumbo lines for GI Joe, Secret Wars, and Super Powers too.

It's not like they have run out of the top tier characters to make. There's still Bespin Leia, Jedi Luke, Stormtrooper Luke, Han Carbonite, Han Endor, Leia Endor, Luke Endor, General Lando, and Skiff Lando. And then after the main characters, there's probably still enough collector demand for some of the ROTJ aliens too. That's why I'm somewhat annoyed that they are already branching into DROIDS repaints when they had just barely scratched the surface of the ROTJ line.

jabbabon
04-12-2015, 06:44 PM
I look at how nice that the jakks Pacific figures are for $20 or less and look at this line and Hasbro and just think wtf?

DarthMickeyMoose
04-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Would have liked to have seen a EV9-D9 good or bad before it all ended.

dockingbay97
04-14-2015, 12:07 PM
I hate they are soliciting for new PGM gifts when last year's haven't even been sent out to everyone yet. I keep waiting.

jwh1974
04-14-2015, 12:22 PM
I hate they are soliciting for new PGM gifts when last year's haven't even been sent out to everyone yet. I keep waiting.

Have you checked the web site to verify your credit card is still on file? I had been waiting for a shipping notification myself but yesterday I logged in and realized I no longer had a credit card on file. I updated that and now I see a pending charge on the card for my 2-1B figure.

Matthieu
04-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Just received mine yesterday!

dockingbay97
04-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Yes, I do have a credit card on file and even ordered the 3PO a few days back with it.

dockingbay97
04-14-2015, 01:31 PM
And even if my card was dropped some how off the order, shouldn't they at least send out an order failure email?

jwh1974
04-14-2015, 01:52 PM
And even if my card was dropped some how off the order, shouldn't they at least send out an order failure email?

Although that does make sense in theory, their new web site has had a multitude of issues since implementation. I waited a few weeks and never received any communication from them.

Hoth_My_Fav
04-14-2015, 03:01 PM
so i been looking at the auctions for this as they occur and i gotta say, its impressive. So far the reception has been well received and demand is strong for this figure. I am not surprised tho, hes pretty neat looking and I think they did a good job. I liked this figure as a kid so I will be getting this one at some point.

trigger2k
04-15-2015, 02:42 AM
Have you checked the web site to verify your credit card is still on file? I had been waiting for a shipping notification myself but yesterday I logged in and realized I no longer had a credit card on file. I updated that and now I see a pending charge on the card for my 2-1B figure.

I updated my credit card even before they said these would be processing on the 2nd. Still no change at all in status, and no response to messages. I opened a ticket a week ago.

I guess I have to find a number to call since I don't see one listed on the site. What a weird deal this is.

Hammerhead26
04-15-2015, 09:31 AM
I updated my credit card even before they said these would be processing on the 2nd. Still no change at all in status, and no response to messages. I opened a ticket a week ago.

I guess I have to find a number to call since I don't see one listed on the site. What a weird deal this is.

I'm in the same situation, I called last week and they said they were processing the December orders at that time. Its weird because I got an email yesterday from gentle giant saying the figure was in stock. I would think they wouldn't have it as being in stock until all Gift orders are fulfilled. If you call please let us know what they say

dockingbay97
04-15-2015, 10:52 AM
I was thinking of calling this week but I figured a lot of their office is probably working Celebration.

I want to give them my money for their items. They just make it very hard to.

Tweekem
04-15-2015, 01:49 PM
If anyone wants mine shoot me a pm... he is going to evilbay this weekend if still in my possession.

dockingbay97
04-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Well, mine shipped. No reply to my email to customer service, just a ship notification.

I just wish I knew better what was going on with the stuff I order from them. I mean, don't even get me started my multi-year wait for the Honey Trap statues.

gijigsaw
04-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Just remember the Gentle Giant - 3D Systems acquisition. It always takes a long time to integrate systems and processes in merged companies, and the road is pretty bumpy for about a year, regardless of how many people think the integration should be completed overnight.

dockingbay97
04-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Some of their things are 2 years past the original pre-order date - you can't blame acquisition on everything.

gijigsaw
04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Not blaming everything, just noting system issues like emails and distribution. The manufacturing shouldn't have been impacted. It does suck to preorder something 12+ months ago and still have to wait for it.

trigger2k
04-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Mine finally shipped also and should be delivered Wednesday. I was really beginning to think their system screwed me over and I'd never get it.

I'm glad it's almost over and I won't have to deal with them anymore.

Hoth_My_Fav
04-22-2015, 07:14 PM
prices are pretty robust and demand looks strong for this on the secondary market,, guess I'll have to bump it up in my want list .....

BillMulder
04-23-2015, 06:35 AM
prices are pretty robust and demand looks strong for this on the secondary market,, guess I'll have to bump it up in my want list .....

It just came out so people are still 'panicking' over not having gotten it. In a month or two, the cost will level out and most likely be lower than it is now.

trigger2k
04-23-2015, 05:17 PM

I listed mine on ebay and it was the only one. Sold for a good amount in a couple hours with a BIN.

I expected to see a ton of them on there. It's also out of stock on the GG site so maybe it's one of the more rare figures. As long as it took to get 'em out something's up.

Hammerhead26
04-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Anybody know if GG is still processing orders or if they are completely sold out of this figure

Kevin_Lentz
04-28-2015, 05:18 PM
Anybody know if GG is still processing orders or if they are completely sold out of this figure

They told me that they are sold out and have a waiting list in case there are any extras or returns.

TWinbrook46636
04-28-2015, 06:21 PM
--- delete ---

Kevin_Lentz
05-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Got this one in today. Looks great - I'm pleased!

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/334archives/21b_zps38d08hqg.jpg

gijigsaw
05-13-2015, 07:54 AM
C'mon - where's FX7?

Hammerhead26
05-13-2015, 01:54 PM

Did you get this from GG from being on the waiting list or purchased on ebay? Figure looks nice

Kevin_Lentz
05-13-2015, 03:19 PM
A friend sold me his - I was way down on the waiting list; it wasn't going to happen.

Hoth_My_Fav
05-13-2015, 04:52 PM

Yet another satisfied customer. Hard to believe the naysayers or pay them much attention when its clear there is an audience who likes this line.

Daigo_Bah
05-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Wow, very good job on this one! If I get one cheaper somehow down the line, he will need the high gloss varnish treatment big time.

DarthMickeyMoose
05-14-2015, 01:39 AM
Wow, very good job on this one! If I get one cheaper somehow down the line, he will need the high gloss varnish treatment big time.

It will also need the missing silver around the neck painted.

Wookiee
06-26-2015, 07:18 AM
Does anyone know of a way I can get hold of one of these without paying the $400 or so they seem to be popping up on eBay for? Any advice would be great.

I'm in Australia, btw

Shabby_Blue
06-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know of a way I can get hold of one of these without paying the $400 or so they seem to be popping up on eBay for? Any advice would be great.

I'm in Australia, btw

Ebay is the only way to go at this point. GG no longer has any.

jedimasterc
06-26-2015, 07:31 PM
I like this figure when I was a kid but these days I find him rather boring to be honest. Great for those who like him.

Wookiee
06-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that, it was pretty much what I was expecting. Oh well, I guess I was able to get a lot of the others at a good price so time pay over the odds on this one :)

Wookiee
07-09-2015, 05:40 AM
So I got one from eBay, cost AUD$346 with postage. That's the most I've ever paid for one of these but it was a lot better deal than the $500 Buy It Now option that's also currently on eBay. Now time to focus on some cheaper ones until my bank account recovers :)

Zepp_Head
03-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Resurrecting an old thread (again)... Just wanted to ask if anyone got this figure with the silver paint on the neck (as shown in the prototype images). Mine was unpainted. Recent searches for images turned up more unpainted necks. Just wondering if any were issued with the corrected paint jobs or not. As I recall, this figure sold out and then turned back up on Gentle Giant's site many months later and was available to order. I almost ordered a second one at the time, hoping that it was a corrected run with the fixed neck paint, but didnt have funds at the time and eventually he sold out again.

Sebkenobi
03-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Resurrecting an old thread (again)... Just wanted to ask if anyone got this figure with the silver paint on the neck (as shown in the prototype images). Mine was unpainted. Recent searches for images turned up more unpainted necks. Just wondering if any were issued with the corrected paint jobs or not. As I recall, this figure sold out and then turned back up on Gentle Giant's site many months later and was available to order. I almost ordered a second one at the time, hoping that it was a corrected run with the fixed neck paint, but didnt have funds at the time and eventually he sold out again.

Mine did not have the neck painted either. Pretty much sure all were like that, and only the prototype had the silver neck.

Zepp_Head
03-30-2018, 03:58 PM
Thank you for the input. Its a shame but the figure is still awesome. Somehow he became one of the most expensive ones.

Sebkenobi
03-31-2018, 12:02 PM
Thank you for the input. Its a shame but the figure is still awesome. Somehow he became one of the most expensive ones.

Yeah I got so much trouble finding him, he became one of my favourites just because of that! And yes, he's an awesome figure... In a way, like C-3pO and the Death Star Droid, I feel he's better than the original.