PDA

View Full Version : Duck Dynasty/Swamp People 3.75 figs

Spassvogel
07-27-2013, 01:42 AM
So I was at Walmart and found some Duck Dynasty figures. It seems like Bass Pro is selling them as well. I picked up a couple for fodder.

They have have decent articulation and only okay sculpts, but if you want some blue jeans/boots/guys with beards, I think these are for you, hehe.

Sorry for the low res pic, I just borrowed it:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/999ktdy.com/files/2013/07/unclesi-300x223.jpg

AgentClaret
07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Wow. Just wow.

And how has no one made Honey Boo Boo figures yet?!?

Spassvogel
07-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Duck Dynasty is Game of Thrones compared to Honey Boo Boo, but yeah, it's still pretty weird.

DarthBeek
07-27-2013, 05:10 PM
WTF? Who watches this show....? And now, figures? Ehhhhhh boy.

MEANS
07-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Not saying I like the show but plenty of people watch it and there's everything under the sun being made, so action figures do not surprise me at all.

UBSK
07-30-2013, 12:31 PM

I actually said that at work..."who watches that crappy show?" and then all of the Duck Dynasty viewers in the room piped up and said, "you're one to talk Mr. Star Wars nerd, how watches that crap?". They have a huge viewership and crosses several demographics...
Now, just for the record, I'm 6"1' 350ish pounds, shaved head, bushy goatee and built like a brick shipyard, I've never been called a nerd before, ever...but if me loving Star Wars makes me a nerd, well then bring on the thick rimmed glasses and pocket protector and call me Poindexter...

Spassvogel
07-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I think they get huge ratings. I think they're great for fodder, and the articulation is pretty decent.

GNT
07-31-2013, 09:03 AM

Agreed.... wow at them for making figures from this show. Insane.

Spassvogel
07-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Agreed.... wow at them for making figures from this show. Insane.

I think they realize that these shows don't stay popular for long and they're trying to sell as much stuff as possible while they can.

Sizzzler
08-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I watch this show.

This is my favorite 'current' tv show.
It's wholesome and comical, and it's nice to see grown men of all ages that still have the desire to hang around with their buddies and have fun.
Growing up doesn't have to mean you can't enjoy simple fun with the boys.
There are a lot of family values presented as well.
The way they live may be very different from your world, but they don't screw anyone over, or have any negative approach to society.
They just live their lives and have their fun, and it's almost all internal to the family.
It's basically the only show I listed in the "What are your current top 5 shows to watch" post in the Wuher's Cantina section of the boards. I also listed Futurama which is ending, and Yankee games which basically aren't a show.
The new season starts in two weeks and I think it's the fourth or fifth. I've been watching it from the beginning, and always have the reruns on.
I saw the figures about a month ago at Walmart and had a chuckle at it.

CaptainMax
08-02-2013, 02:49 PM
hey look here Jack
Rule #1 dont knock the swamp boys, i have Willie and Jace and each sides of my SDCC Boba Fett. if ya dont like it dont watch it, boo yah jack

DarthDad
08-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm hoping for figures from Hard*core Pawn because my dogs are hungry for some plastic.. and hey UBSK, you are Mr. Poindexter (and I thought I was the only one to refer to myself - and a few others - as Poindexter!) - nice to see the word is more universal than I thought! LOL B)

Masterfett
08-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Well out of all the shows they could have made figures form, this isn't even on my list. Considering I have no need for swamp hillbillies, they wont even come in handy for customs.

Where the heck are my Defiance figures, or even Walking Dead(3.75") figures!

CaptainMax
08-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Not made cause they suck!!!

OdinsDad
09-09-2013, 04:24 PM
I was looking at these things and was like NTB but then I looked at the hands.

jedisquared
09-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Does this mean Turtle Man is coming...my brother-in-law will be in hog-heaven(yes, pun).

Siri
09-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I need to check my local Wal-Mart to see if they still have any of these guys! I really hope so. I'm hoping to pick up Jace (swoon)

Force_Guy
09-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Well, these figures are definitely geared to a certain demographic, that's for sure.

mcvance
11-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Well, these figures are definitely geared to a certain demographic, that's for sure.

Did some toy company REALLY make this crap? I mean REALLY???

OdinsDad
12-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Time to buy these up to sell to idiots.

jedimasterc
12-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I love the fact they made Troy Landry from Swamp People. I was hoping for Shelby Stanga from Axemen.

jedimasterc
12-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Did some toy company REALLY make this crap? I mean REALLY???

Yes, Yes they did.

Spassvogel
12-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes, Yes they did.

Why are they crap? They're actually pretty well made figures all things considered. At the least they're good custom fodder for dios. I don't even watch the show, but I think the toys are cool.