07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Life size Yoda from ESB in the works

Lord_Darth_Maul
07-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I must find a way to get this.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1225/gs0.jpg

Boba80
07-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Just saw this! Any thoughts on how close the production version will look to this? What materials they are using? Price? I'm really quite surprised how good this thing looks. Yoda is hard to nail. And at least this prototype is off the chain.

Nipshank
07-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Wondering what the price tag will be and I'm sure it will be bang on; SSC hasn't missed a beat with their latest releases. With all the new stuff coming out my wallet will seriously be going into convulsions.

Msjedi36
07-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Wow this looks awesome. I will be using the flex option as long as the price is not outrageous.

kevb0977
07-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Just saw this on Facebook, it looks great..., better than great infact, it's superb!!! I bet it'll cost a fortune BUT I hope not, I'll get it if its affordable, it's really a question of price though. :)

slynger
07-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Coulson giving Yoda a look over -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPlcJ6mCYAAAzQM.jpg:large

kevb0977
07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
How much do you guys think Yoda will cost???

Nipshank
07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
I'll start the guessing...$1250

PoloTheJedi
07-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Picture from the Sideshow Panel :

MintInBox.net - Sideshow Collectibles : Yoda Empire Strike Back Life-Size Figure (http://www.mintinbox.net/Actus/13-07/2007sideYoda)
http://www2.mintinbox.net/site/actus/13-07/2007sideYoda/tn_1.jpg http://www2.mintinbox.net/site/actus/13-07/2007sideYoda/tn_2.jpg

SnakeWesker
07-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Crap I still want to get the Legendary Scale Darth Maul. Looks like I have two high end Star Wars items to get.

Lord_Darth_Maul
07-20-2013, 09:33 PM
The price is so hard to guess on this. He isn't that huge, he should even be shorter than the LSF Darth Maul which is 40 inches and thats $2000. But, Yoda will be a full-sized figure regardless and he is one of the most popular Star Wars characters. The full sized Salacious Crumb was only $350 at 17 inches high but the full sized R2D2 was $5450 and was 38" high and made out of all metal. And the life sized Yoda bust was $550.

So having said all of that I would guess that Yoda could run anywhere from $800 - $4000, its almost impossible to say what Sideshow will be charging for him. But I'm sure it will be a bit more than they normally would because of his popularity.

Mighty_Jabba
07-20-2013, 09:39 PM
The Sideshow R2 wasn't made of metal FYI. It's mostly fiberglass and polystone, believe it or not.

Lord_Darth_Maul
07-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Wow, I would have figured looking at it that it would have been some type of metal. I don't really know how much of a difference polystone/fiberglass or metal would make in the difference of the price, but R2 sure was pretty expensive regardless. I'm really hoping Yoda is cheaper than that.

kevb0977
07-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Wow, I would have figured looking at it that it would have been some type of metal. I don't really know how much of a difference polystone/fiberglass or metal would make in the difference of the price, but R2 sure was pretty expensive regardless. I'm really hoping Yoda is cheaper than that.

Seeing as he's so small in the 1:1 scale I'd hope he's less than $1,000.00..., $800.00 would be nice but the popularity thing may push up the greed factor so I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Mighty_Jabba
07-20-2013, 10:44 PM
I predict he will be $1500.

Mike_S
07-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Don't like the fact that his head in on a tilt. Massive deal breaker for me.
Sorry, but I feel that was a bad choice to settle on for a pose.

A better choice would have been ...

http://photos.imageevent.com/afap/wallpapers/movies/theempirestrikesback//Yoda%20-%20Dagobah%20-.jpg

newmennium
07-21-2013, 09:16 AM
I predict he will be $1500.

That's the number I was thinking too. Neytiri LS is $1600, I can't imagine Yoda being more than her. But it is Yoda...

Lord_Darth_Maul
07-21-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm going to guess $2500. I just don't see them charging less than the Darth Maul LSF for such a popular character in the full 1:1 scale. I really hope I'm wrong though because the cheaper the better. :)

Msjedi36
07-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Crap I still want to get the Legendary Scale Darth Maul. Looks like I have two high end Star Wars items to get.

I own the Legendary Scale Maul and it's really an amazing piece, it gets so much attention from visitors but its really not worth 2k and I actually got mine for $1,700. I'm really hoping Yoda doesn't go for more than 1,500 but I'm afraid it will go for over 2k just because it's 1:1 scale and it's Yoda.

Gartogg
07-21-2013, 07:33 PM
With so many cool pieces coming plus all the older items i would like to add its going to be a expensive few years lol

ambasah
07-21-2013, 11:39 PM
I like the custom from phil (?) much more.

UTINI
07-22-2013, 10:00 AM
LOVE THIS! The pose with the turned head looks great! I just hope the price isn't too crazy because I really want to get this guy on flexpay. I recall the LSB was $650 but that was a long time ago and smaller. Hopefully $1500 or less for this guy.

deathstar1000
07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I'll stick with my life-size stuffed Yoda, LOL!

Sergiu
07-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Curious how will this compare to the eFX version.

Nipshank
07-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Has there been any images of the eFX version yet? I'd think eFX might put this on hold once the SSC version is released unless there's has a different pose or something unique to it.

Andy
07-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't get how Sideshow and eFX can both release lifesize Yodas. Seems to me someone must've yielded to the other license holder. Would be nice if Gino could comment on this, since he has connections to both eFX and Sideshow.

if I were a betting man, I would say you'll likely never see one from eFX. Just too many difficult materials to replicate on a mass scale. A statue like Sideshow is releasing seems much more manageable. I would've rather had eFX tackle it, though. Then you'd have something more accurate. Sadly' this Yoda seems to have contracted the dreaded head turn virus which seems to spread through many Sideshow statues.

darthgordon
07-23-2013, 10:54 AM
cost will depend on materials used for the most part, I bought the Illusive concepts one back in the day and it was $400 or $600 can't really recall but in that area, it was simply foam mostly, but in a better pose.

deathstar1000
07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Isn't eFX's suppose to be a puppet?

Tweekem
07-23-2013, 02:40 PM
I wonder if his head will swivel...

mrphil
07-23-2013, 05:49 PM
what time frame does SS take to release a prop?

i've only ever purchased efx helmets and man they that a long time

Lord_Darth_Maul
07-23-2013, 08:05 PM
what time frame does SS take to release a prop?

i've only ever purchased efx helmets and man they that a long time

Usually anywhere from 1 year to 2 years (with delays) from when they usually show their prototype. Some of their stuff though stays in production for more than two years. For instance the Life Size Darth Vader was at Comic Con last year and again this year but I still haven't heard anything as to when this will finally be available for pre-order. I would assume it might be the same thing with this Yoda.

I can also tell you that there has been an Alien Hive with the Queen Alien from the movie Aliens that has been in production for 3 years now, and the prototype still has not been finalized yet. I know this has nothing to do with Star Wars but this has been one of the most highly talked about Sideshow pieces on other websites and I just wanted to show you that some of Sideshow's stuff takes FOREVER to finally come out. So if you really want something sometimes you might have to prepare yourself to wait a few years.

mrphil
07-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Usually anywhere from 1 year to 2 years (with delays) from when they usually show their prototype. Some of their stuff though stays in production for more than two years. For instance the Life Size Darth Vader was at Comic Con last year and again this year but I still haven't heard anything as to when this will finally be available for pre-order. I would assume it might be the same thing with this Yoda.

I can also tell you that there has been an Alien Hive with the Queen Alien from the movie Aliens that has been in production for 3 years now, and the prototype still has not been finalized yet. I know this has nothing to do with Star Wars but this has been one of the most highly talked about Sideshow pieces on other websites and I just wanted to show you that some of Sideshow's stuff takes FOREVER to finally come out. So if you really want something sometimes you might have to prepare yourself to wait a few years.

thanks darth

guess I won't be checking online daily waiting for the pre-order

Lord_Darth_Maul
07-23-2013, 09:45 PM
thanks darth

guess I won't be checking online daily waiting for the pre-order

Check out the forums, especially Sideshowcollectors because a lot of times members will have direct contact with Sideshow employees who will let them know if there is any new news on stuff. I just read what I posted before again, and I should make it more clear that the majority (70%) of Sideshow stuff usually comes out within a year or just over a year after its teased on Sideshow's website, or shows up at some kind of advertising convention. It does happen that stuff gets delayed for a couple of years but most stuff usually isn't that bad, but it can and does happen.

Also, I should say that the majority of the time that Sideshow teases an upcoming item on the website, it could be available to pre-order anytime from a couple of weeks to a few months after its teased on the website. (Yoda hasn't really been officially teased on the website yet.)

BenObi_70
07-23-2013, 11:01 PM
LOVE THIS! The pose with the turned head looks great! I just hope the price isn't too crazy because I really want to get this guy on flexpay. I recall the LSB was $650 but that was a long time ago and smaller. Hopefully $1500 or less for this guy.

Agreed. Great looking statue and a very natural pose. If all our collectibles were posed standing at attention facing forward that would be very boring.

newmennium
07-24-2013, 12:25 AM
I don't get how Sideshow and eFX can both release lifesize Yodas. Seems to me someone must've yielded to the other license holder. Would be nice if Gino could comment on this, since he has connections to both eFX and Sideshow.

if I were a betting man, I would say you'll likely never see one from eFX. Just too many difficult materials to replicate on a mass scale. A statue like Sideshow is releasing seems much more manageable. I would've rather had eFX tackle it, though. Then you'd have something more accurate. Sadly' this Yoda seems to have contracted the dreaded head turn virus which seems to spread through many Sideshow statues.

Edit: Didn't realize Gino answered this question in the props forum...

Msjedi36
07-24-2013, 12:06 PM
If Efx released a yoda it would be a lot different than this SS version. According to Gino's comments in the prop section Efx still have plans to release one down the road and it would be more of a prop/puppet than a statue. I would love to own the efx version if they ever get around to making one but I'm not waiting since it will take awhile before they even begin working on it since they have a lot in the pipeline with the Legend offerings. I won't be surprise if this comes up for pre-order in the next few months, I'm pretty sure this was mentioned at last years SDCC so they been working/planning on it for awhile.

LightSword
07-24-2013, 02:30 PM
If this comes out to be within the $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 mark, I'll be getting one for sure. Looks a hell of a lot better than my life-size Pepsi promotion Yoda. I'll sell my life-size Pepsi Yoda and Watto to help with the expense of this one. Can't wait to see when it'll go up for pre-order. Very nice!

newmennium
07-24-2013, 03:03 PM
If this comes out to be within the $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 mark, I'll be getting one for sure. Looks a hell of a lot better than my life-size Pepsi promotion Yoda. I'll sell my life-size Pepsi Yoda and Watto to help with the expense of this one. Can't wait to see when it'll go up for pre-order. Very nice!

I sold my Episode I Pepsi Yoda not too long ago. Original owner, had it since 1999. I think it was a wise decision.

LightSword
07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
I sold my Episode I Pepsi Yoda not too long ago. Original owner, had it since 1999. I think it was a wise decision.

If you don't mind me asking:

- Was yours the Walmart version on a pedestal or the Blockbuster version?
- How much did you sell it for?

I'm also the first owner of my EP I Pepsi Yoda. I even have the original box it came in put away in my attic. Got it directly from some guy that worked for Blockbuster Video back in the day, so it is in tip-top shape.

newmennium
07-24-2013, 03:44 PM
If you don't mind me asking:

- Was yours the Walmart version on a pedestal or the Blockbuster version?
- How much did you sell it for?

I'm also the first owner of my EP I Pepsi Yoda. I even have the original box it came in put away in my attic. Got it directly from some guy that worked for Blockbuster Video back in the day, so it is in tip-top shape.

It was the "Pepsi" version with the stand and gold "Yoda" name plate. I believe there were 2 other versions, all with different name plates; "Star Wars"(Blockbuster), "Yoda"(Pepsi) and "Episode I"(?). It came with all the orginal packing and brown shipper, etc. I took a loss on flea-bay for around $500. I used it to fund my C-3PO bust, which is a Sideshow product (segway back on topic) ;D

LightSword
07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
It was the "Pepsi" version with the stand and gold "Yoda" name plate. I believe there were 2 other versions, all with different name plates; "Star Wars"(Blockbuster), "Yoda"(Pepsi) and "Episode I"(?). It came with all the orginal packing and brown shipper, etc. I took a loss on flea-bay for around $500. I used it to fund my C-3PO bust, which is a Sideshow product (segway back on topic) ;D

Thanks! If I get $500.00 for mine, I'll be happy with that. Mine has the round, flat, black base with the gold name plate that reads "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" ...

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/LightSword44/MYCOLLECTION002.jpg~original

I'm also looking into getting the life-size Stormtrooper by eFX . If I have to, I'll sell these other two EP I life-size characters from my collection to help finance the SSC Yoda and eFX Stormtrooper...

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/LightSword44/MYCOLLECTION001_zps0e0e3931.jpg~original

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/LightSword44/MYCOLLECTION000_zps3cc7d0f9.jpg~original

WampaVsRancor
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Episode One Yoda is a travesty.

Jang0
07-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Too big and pricey for me but it's a great statue.

Boba80
07-27-2013, 10:05 AM
As is Episode I

Episode One Yoda is a travesty.

jaklits
07-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Watto is cool, but that Yoda is a monster, I have the Anakin as well, displayed in my Living Room, where is his rock?

Jay_the_Lesser
07-28-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm down for this, as long as the final product is spot on with the Freeborn sculpt.

newmennium
07-28-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm down for this, as long as the final product is spot on with the Freeborn sculpt.

Soooo, you're not down for this then? :P

LightSword
07-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Watto is cool, but that Yoda is a monster, I have the Anakin as well, displayed in my Living Room, where is his rock?

I decided not to use the rock. He is way too high when standing on it, and to me, he looks more realistic standing on his own. I remember the day I brought him home. My grandmother was visiting and practically took a jump thinking there was someone else in the house when I opened the door :)

But, back to the new SSC Yoda... I'm going for it. I've already gotten a couple of local collectors in my area interested on a purchasing them. Craigslist works great sometimes. So, selling those two will help with the SSC purchase. Anakin on the other hand, I really like. Nonetheless, if I had to sell him to help finance the eFX life-size Stormtrooper, I would.

BenObi_70
07-31-2013, 09:26 AM
I really hope this is less than 2k. It will take some selling/rearranging in my collection room but it will be worth it if the production piece looks as good as the proto. I actually prefer this to a prop/puppet (I'm not planing any puppet shows you know) which would surely come in at a higher price point.

newmennium
07-31-2013, 01:17 PM
I really hope this is less than 2k. It will take some selling/rearranging in my collection room but it will be worth it if the production piece looks as good as the proto. I actually prefer this to a prop/puppet (I'm not planing any puppet shows you know) which would surely come in at a higher price point.

The question remains for me, will a "puppet" type product pulled from the orginal molds look more like ESB Yoda? Could you display a puppet Yoda with any expression whilst not puppeteering? I would only want to use the "anamatonics" to freeze an expression for dsiplay purposes, not doing puppet shows(maybe occasional shows;). That would be the ultimate Yoda collectible.

Nipshank
07-31-2013, 01:20 PM
The question remains for me, will a "puppet" type product pulled from the orginal molds look more like ESB Yoda? Could you display a puppet Yoda with any expression whilst not puppeteering? I would only want to use the "anamatonics" to freeze an expression for dsiplay purposes, not doing puppet shows(maybe occasional shows;). That would be the ultimate Yoda collectible.

I'm guessing that the eFX will be a puppet from the OT and the SSC will be an actual Statue of the green ninja.

newmennium
07-31-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing that the eFX will be a puppet from the OT and the SSC will be an actual Statue of the green ninja.

LOL! I thought the Sideshow one looked PT-ish too, though I believe they're actually going for the OT Yoda on that one.

Nipshank
07-31-2013, 02:49 PM
LOL! I thought the Sideshow one looked PT-ish too, though I believe they're actually going for the OT Yoda on that one.

I think they're aiming for OT but who knows haha, like I said previously they should create "Young Yoda" with brown flowing hair and no wrinkles haha.

thorskywalker
08-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I hope EFX will not go to SS for help.. I have never been a fan of SS when it comes to sculpting Yoda's face and expression.. This might sound very strange to many of you out there but for me, the best 'official' Yoda product on the market is the 1:6 MEDICOM ESB Yoda in terms of facial resemblance.. Of course, I am not counting wonderful fan-made 1:1 Yoda statues..

CorvetteEB
08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
The Rubies Yoda bust still gives me nightmares. It's terrible and comes on a very cheap plastic type base. Yoda with bad hair plugs... I returned mine to Star Wars shop as fast as I could back when they were released.

Looking forward to seeing what eFX Yoda will be like.

Tweekem
08-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Do you guys think his head will be able to turn or stuck in that position.. he looks like he is "forcing" out a phart.

thorskywalker
08-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Do you guys think his head will be able to turn or stuck in that position.. he looks like he is "forcing" out a phart.

totally agreed.. the facial expression is nowhere close to ESB :( they really need to work on the face.. the overall material/finish does not look like it is organic.. it looks too polished for my taste.. we need a puppet-like latex or silicone figurine...

BenObi_70
08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
totally agreed.. the facial expression is nowhere close to ESB :( they really need to work on the face.. the overall material/finish does not look like it is organic.. it looks too polished for my taste.. we need a puppet-like latex or silicone figurine...

The expression or the likeness?
In the photo in post #7 Yoda doesn't look polished to me at all (in the slideshow photo perhaps he does).
This sure does look like esb Yoda to me.

thorskywalker
08-22-2013, 02:36 PM
The expression or the likeness?
In the photo in post #7 Yoda doesn't look polished to me at all (in the slideshow photo perhaps he does).
This sure does look like esb Yoda to me.

you really believe efx prototype looks anywhere close to this?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7512/yodasizedmv2.jpg

come on! :) they are nowhere close yet...

BenObi_70
08-22-2013, 03:44 PM
you really believe efx prototype looks anywhere close to this?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7512/yodasizedmv2.jpg

come on! :) they are nowhere close yet...

Am I in the wrong forum or something? Why do people keep talking about an efx Yoda here? Have we seen a prototype from EFX yet? I haven't.
Again, the SS version looks like ESB Yoda to me.

Msjedi36
08-23-2013, 03:51 AM
This looks like a great ESB Yoda to me as well. Once it's released it's going to be one of the best 1:1 OT Yoda statues out there. Yeah EFX might make one and will be more accurate but they haven't even officially announce anything so it's years away. I won't be waiting 5 years for EFX version if this is ready and available. I just hope the price is reasonable.

BenObi_70
08-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Exactly. I don't mean to knock EFX (I have a few of their helmets and am very happy with them) but they are going to face all sorts of challenges with mass producing a working 1:1 Yoda puppet. Don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Jay_the_Lesser
08-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Not sure why, but it looks like it's going to be battle of the Yodas -eFX vs Sideshow!