PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper - #13

Pages : [1] 2

GNT
06-07-2013, 06:27 PM
This figure is rumoured via Jedi Temple Archives. No pictures or info just yet.

Does the idea of seeing this figure interest you? It'd make sense to keep an army builder figure on the shelves.

bigbarada
06-07-2013, 07:11 PM
For some reason I'm thinking this is going to be the Sandtrooper figure we've been getting since 2009, only without the extra accessories.

As long as it's not the removable helmet version, then I'll consider getting it.

AaylaSecurasMan
06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Good, these always sell.

Sybeck1
06-07-2013, 08:52 PM
I would buy multiples of plain generic stormies.

my_kind_of_scum
06-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Never can have too many stormtroopers. I'll definitely buy a few.

fumetti
06-08-2013, 07:38 AM
I have more of these than I can count.

The only way I buy new ones is if they go back to the one-piece heads. We've had our fun with the removable helmets. But now that the new is worn off, I just don't want anymore stormies whose helmets keep falling off (or reveal too much skin in certain poses).

Go back to the very first SA head and I'll probably buy a bunch of these. (For me, "bunch" begins with 5).

Scarrviper
06-08-2013, 09:37 AM
This one might be interesting. It's either new, or I'm hoping it could be a rerelease of the VOTC/saga legends one.

starwarsguy
06-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm hoping it's new with an awesome helmet sculpt. I don't care if it's removable or not as long as it's accurate.

Commando_Scorch
06-08-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm hoping he gets the VC45 treatment. They DID say the line would consist of "all-new figures."

TK_842
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Good to hear a new Storm is coming. I'm trying to locate a couple more VC41 right now but they are hard to come by. Hopefully, those will be easier to grab at a fair price.

bigbarada
06-08-2013, 07:22 PM
The VC45 Stormtrooper figure was garbage. People seriously consider this an acceptable Stormtrooper helmet sculpt?
http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC/Basic/VC41Storm/TVC-995.jpg

Hopefully, they will ditch the crappy removable helmet gimmick and give us a decent sculpted helmet on this new figure.

Revanfan1
06-08-2013, 07:29 PM
^The helmet's awful, but everything else looks good. I wouldn't mind them molding a non-removable helmet to go on that body. Sad as I am to say it, I have zero stormtroopers, so I am looking forward to this release.

Internets
06-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't mind the removable helmet but I do mind that they're ALL clones.

Revanfan1
06-08-2013, 09:13 PM

I think you need to rephrase that. Even if they didn't have Jango heads, they'd still all have the same headsculpt, and thus, still be "clones." ;)

Michael_Knight
06-08-2013, 10:11 PM
If they do go the removable helmet route they really need to update it. On the Vintage version it was starting look pretty deformed and wobbled around like a Bobblehead.

King_D
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM

I think you need to rephrase that. Even if they didn't have Jango heads, they'd still all have the same headsculpt, and thus, still be "clones." ;)

Hence the slippery slope; would you like to have your Stormtroopers look like "Jango" under the helmet, or would you rather have them look like "Bob"?

bigbarada
06-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Hence the slippery slope; would you like to have your Stormtroopers look like "Jango" under the helmet, or would you rather have them look like "Bob"?

Easy solution is just to ditch the removable helmet altogether. This way Hasbro doesn't have to sculpt a head and a helmet to fit over head, they just have to sculpt the helmet. With all the talk about reducing costs, you would think unnecessary removable helmets would be one of the first things to go.

Darth_Bones
06-08-2013, 11:08 PM
I usually like "extras" like removeable helmets, however, id much rather have properly scaled and properly sculpted helmets than removeable ones!!! Either way this comes, I'm definitely buying at least a few!!!

GNT
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I would buy multiples of plain generic stormies.

Never can have too many stormtroopers. I'll definitely buy a few.

Agreed, it's one army builder I can never get bored of. Hasbro need to release a new multipack which I'm sure would sell extremely well.

Trooper31
06-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I'd take a Bob version, but unltimately, I don't need removable helmets on stormtroopers, except the Luke and Han versions.

They might take the body they have from TVC and give us a non-removable helmet.

I've got a lot of stormies, so I don't know how many of this one I'll pick up, but it's a great choice and I'm always happy to see stormies on the shelves.

Maynard
06-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Whenever the discussion of rem helmet vs. fixed helmet came up, I could always be found on the "removable" side. Im very happy that we have received all the Imperials (please correct if im mistaken in stating "all") that had helmets on screen that could be removed (even if they were never actually seen on-screen w/them off). It was pretty cool to get Storm/Scout/Snow/Sand troops (plus Imperial Gunners, TIE Pilots, etc) all with rem helmets. it made for great variety in dioramas etc. Although the ONE MAJOR THING THAT I DO AGREE W/THE REM HELMET HATERS is that I despised that they used the same face every time. A little variety would have gone a looong way in that aspect; heck they didn't even need to make any different faces, they could have just used the same (non-clone looking plz) face and just added a mustache, maybe a beard, a goatee, etc and maybe even go with a blonde one , a darker haired one, one with a blonde mustache, one dark, etc-----the helmet would have to be off in the bubble, however, in order to let people know which one they were getting, and I think Hasbro would never want to do that with Stormtroopers, they are too iconic a figure to put in a bubble without a helmet on(just like the Vaders we've gotten). But hey, me personally? I would have LOVED the surprise factor. (I know that would have driven the completists crazy, lol.........all the more reason for them to have done that, haha! J/K fellas)

Now, having said that, I personally have enough removable helmeted Imperials to last me for a long time. Thus, if going back to a fixed helmet would improve Sand & Stromtrooper sculpts, I'm all for it at this point. I don't see that it makes much of a difference on the Snowtroops though, and I would still like to see some flip-up visors on any upcoming Scouttroopers. I never saw that as a disturbance to those sculpts in any way and thought that they picked a pretty cool way of going about how they did it.

To sum it up then, I wouldn't mind fixed helmets on Stormies and/or Sandies from here forward, PROVIDED THAT THEY KEEP THE B-H HIPS. And by that, I don't mean by switching over to the thinner looking VC45 Clone legs. I think the Stormtrooper that we got in the VC line (and the Sandtrooper from near the end of the VC line was perfect, and if they want to used a fixed helmet rather than a removable, I say go for it. But please please please Hasbro TAKE NOTE: a new mold is totally unnecessary, as I said the STORMIE & SANDIE in the VC line were perfect. (Unless of course they are going to upgrade the figures to have SA wrists, and possible even mid-foot articulation)...... now THEN I would pay to start a new army.

Droidworld
06-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I'd take a Bob version, but unltimately, I don't need removable helmets on stormtroopers, except the Luke and Han versions.

They might take the body they have from TVC and give us a non-removable helmet.

I've got a lot of stormies, so I don't know how many of this one I'll pick up, but it's a great choice and I'm always happy to see stormies on the shelves.

Because they will probably release Luke and Han as Stormtroopers, I'm guessing this new Stormtrooper will have a removable helmet. Personally I prefer the non-removable variety.

And it would be great if they make an all new shorter Luke Stormtrooper with grappling hook belt, when the time comes.

bigbarada
06-16-2013, 10:44 PM
My biggest problem with the removable helmets is when it compromises the sculpt of the helmet itself, the Stormtroopers being the worst example of this. The other problem is when the helmet doesn't cover the head completely when it's supposed to, the AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot for example. There are some examples where it's not done horribly, like the Snowtrooper, but Hasbro gets it wrong more often than right.

Nipshank
06-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Agreed. Basically to have the "removable helmet" they need two head sculpts that are inter changeable otherwise the figures head always looks deformed or just plain odd.

CHEWIE
06-18-2013, 12:07 PM
If it looks like this one, then I'm on board for a few.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TVC/exclusives/specialpacks/villain_set/cf.jpg

Tyranusspotting
06-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Ball-hinged wrists and finally a good looking helmet. You know, like either the Gentle Giant Bust-Up (http://www.therpf.com/f11/stormtrooper-helmet-your-4-inch-figures-pics-125516/) for an ANH helmet, or the Hallmark Ornament (http://www.ornament-shop.com/pic/00/qxi6711.jpg) for a ROTJ helmet- my personal favourite incarnation of the helmet, because it looks the most menacing, probably because of the solid black mouth without "teeth" gaps.

Sybeck1
06-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I just hope this truly coming. We know the sandie is coming, given Hasbro's fetish for them. Is it odd to have both released so close together?

BlueSnaggletooth
06-18-2013, 11:24 PM
My biggest problem with the removable helmets is when it compromises the sculpt of the helmet itself, the Stormtroopers being the worst example of this. The other problem is when the helmet doesn't cover the head completely when it's supposed to, the AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot for example. There are some examples where it's not done horribly, like the Snowtrooper, but Hasbro gets it wrong more often than right.

Agree.

-Snags

501stclone
06-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Man do I despise removable helmets. Absolutely no point in them. Higher cost to making them with complete stormtrooper accuracy in the helmet sculpt. So far, the 2004 vintage stormtrooper related sculpts are the best, even with the wide *** visor eyes.

ZX3
06-26-2013, 04:53 PM
What's with all the hate for removable helmets? Back in the early 80's they were the coolest!
Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise was so much better than the ones from '78 with no necks.

OdinsDad
06-26-2013, 05:31 PM
They will have what they want finally with the new 5poa figs.

Darth_Jawa
06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
What's with all the hate for removable helmets? Back in the early 80's they were the coolest!
Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise was so much better than the ones from '78 with no necks.

The removable helmet was cool on the Vintage Luke because it was Luke's head beneath the helmet, not another the eight millionth clone head with crossed eyes.

bigbarada
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM

Well, Kenner used a more rigid plastic for the helmet, so it didn't warp as easily. Plus the head underneath the helmet wasn't a Prequel character.

Although, I don't think the helmet sculpt of the Luke Stormtrooper figure is nearly as good as the original 1978 Stormtrooper helmet:
http://www.rebelscum.com/Kenner/F-Stormtrooper/10.jpg
The Luke Stormtrooper helmet looks like it was sculpted out of a gumdrop.

501stclone
06-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Detail over gimmicky tricks any day. I dont have the 30th anniversary stormtrooper, but does the helmet actually bend a lot and feel squishy? If that is the case, NEVER removable helmets unless its Luke or Han.

bigbarada
06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Yes, the helmets on the 30th anniversary Stormtroopers (and every subsequent rerelease) is VERY soft and squishy. It doesn't hold it's shape properly at all.

bigbarada
06-26-2013, 08:37 PM
BTW, isn't it funny how the vintage Luke Stormtrooper figure is actually TALLER than a regular Stormtrooper?

Revanfan1
06-26-2013, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't mind a removable helmet if it was a totally new sculpt a la the VC45 clone trooper. Best removable helmet in the history of toys, IMO. If they do that with a stormie helmet, that'd be awesome.

Vorax
06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
I dont like the removable helmets, the plastics are all either too thick or too thin and often they're oversized. I think the Commander Cody from Legacy has like the only properly sized helmet and fit. Other than that I dont like the Clone heads, was never a fan of Clone Jangos, a fact made worse when it was carried over for the OT Stormtroopers.

CHEWIE
06-27-2013, 02:13 PM

Horrible sculpts, that's why. Just look at this:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TVC/basicfigures/VC38/lf21.jpg

...if Hasbro puts in the effort and makes removable helmets look good like this, then I think we are all for it:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TVC/basicfigures/VC19/lf15.jpg

...so, it comes down to a matter of execution.

501stclone
06-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Even then, that cody removable helmet doesnt look nearly as good if it was non removable still.

Vorax
06-27-2013, 03:04 PM
The legacy/Vintage release of Gree suffered from the lousy helmet, they shouldve did it the same way they did Cody.

Vatta
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
The only good modern removable stormtrooper helmet they've made I think was the one that came with the "spacetrooper' Stormtrooper. Seems to hold it's shape far better and looks so much better than the others. It felt much more like Cody's helmet. I would of bought so many more Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers if they had maintained that level of quality and detail with the helmets.

CptEks
07-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Carded picture of the Black Series Stormtrooper is up at starwars-figuren.com (http://www.forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=526)

Looks fine, I'll probably buy a bunch of these...

07-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Finally...I was wondering what it'd look like. Looks like a slightly tweaked VC14?

my_kind_of_scum
07-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Looks good. I'm sure I'll buy quite a few of these if I see them on pegs.

starwarsguy
07-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Looks all right. Not sure if I'll army build this guy but I'm in for at least one.

trandoshanhunter
07-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Looks decent. Can't wait to army build a few of these.

bigbarada
07-15-2013, 04:44 PM
At first glance it just looks like the TVC Sandtrooper without all the extra gear. It will be interesting to see more photos as they surface. The good news is that it's not just a rerelease of that horrible VC41 Stormtrooper.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

GNT
07-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Finally...I was wondering what it'd look like.

Stormtroopers don't change that much :p

Looks ok so far.

Scarrviper
07-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Looks good.

Wishing_Well
07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Its the sandtrooper but without all his gear and the hole in his back is filled. Not buying this.

bigbarada
07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm just reposting the image here:
http://www.forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/volkerc/blausstorm13.JPG

This is actually one of the few figures that I think looks good on this cardback. Also, that blaster looks a bit chunky, so I wonder if it's the folding-stock version.

Star_Tours
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Crap. They should of just repacked the VOTC/Kashyyyk BP version instead.

07-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Stormtroopers don't change that much :p

Stormtroopers don't - why...wha - ... well, I see I have wasted my time corresponding with you. Good day, sir! :disgusted:

RebelTrooper
07-16-2013, 11:16 AM
I was hoping for an all-new sculpt.

Revanfan1
07-16-2013, 05:22 PM
I'll buy one or two...or three. I don't have any stormtroopers and I want some. :P

bigbarada
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I was hoping for an all-new sculpt.

Yeah, me too. But there is a rumor that we're getting a 5-POA version of the Stormtrooper in the Saga Legends line and then there is the 6" version that's on the way. I'm actually really excited about the potential for both of those, so I can do without another SA 3.75" Stormie.

Oddball_Fett
07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Its the sandtrooper but without all his gear and the hole in his back is filled. Not buying this.

I'm fine with that. I don't have a real Stormtrooper and the only one I've got is a clean Sandy without the extra gear.

Revanfan1
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Is this a new helmet? It doesn't look removable but nor does it look like the previous sculpted ones we've had.

Sybeck1
07-16-2013, 06:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1016289_10152041232699867_1011607273_n.jpg

Meesa_Mike
07-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Why can't they remember to paint the friggin buttons. I thought these were for collectors. Yet another disappointment.

07-16-2013, 06:52 PM
The helmet sculpt underwhelms me, but it (and the fancy blaster) brings it line with the VC112, which makes sense, I guess.

TK_842
07-16-2013, 08:20 PM
I'll get a few for the rifle. I already have too many stormtroopers but my ranks are lacking some variety when it comes to weapons.

Sybeck1
07-16-2013, 09:31 PM
I like that the helmet stays on. Just another something to lose.

fumetti
07-16-2013, 09:36 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1016289_10152041232699867_1011607273_n.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. I'll try to pick up 5 or 6...

07-16-2013, 10:19 PM
I'll get a few for the rifle. I already have too many stormtroopers but my ranks are lacking some variety when it comes to weapons.

You know, I'm a sucker for a stormtrooper packing a DLT-19, but only sparingly. I'm a huge fan of the uniformity of stormtrooper ranks carrying nothing but standard issue E-11s as they swarm rebel scum in a sea of white armour and blank black lenses.

StormtrooperFX
07-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Not really that impressed overall, but I don't have a Stormtrooper with ball-hinged hips, and I could definitely use one or two.

DarthJefe
07-17-2013, 01:21 AM
The completist in me will get this, eventually. I thought the TVC one was pretty much definitive.

RebelTrooper
07-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah, me too. But there is a rumor that we're getting a 5-POA version of the Stormtrooper in the Saga Legends line and then there is the 6" version that's on the way. I'm actually really excited about the potential for both of those, so I can do without another SA 3.75" Stormie.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the SAGA Legends Stormtrooper as well.

Hopefully they'll reveal it at their booth Friday after the Q&A.

I'm sure that Hasbro will eventually tool up an all-new Stormtrooper sculpt with more than 5 points of articulation at some point. Maybe that will happen in 2014 or 2015 when Vintage might make a return.

pohatu771
07-17-2013, 01:14 PM
I'll buy one or two. I'm glad to have a better helmet, the VOTC version seems too narrow (though perfect for ROTJ).

Is this the same version that comes with the Scanning Crew?

HappyNoodleBoy
07-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm good for 2 or 3. I'm a sucker for stormtroopers.

Love the blaster. Can't tell if the holster is a working one. Looks pretty thin to hold the blaster.

Rocket_Back
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
The 5POA figure from Saga Legends looks keeps and bounds better than this one.

Rocket_Back
07-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Leaps*

WHY CAN'T WE EDIT OUR POSTS IN THIS FORUM?

UKHistory
07-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I love the both new stormtrooper. I want 10 of the mission series and another 10 of the black series.

DarthJefe
07-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Sticking with TBS, I'm not regressing in articulation unless it's an all new character or all-new representation of a character.

07-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Having seen a few shots of this new one, is it just me or have they fixed the ball-jointed legs on this release ... i.e. ... the legs look a little more well proportioned as opposed to stick-like all the way down (now with slightly bulkier thighs etc.) and maybe the hips don't stick out as much?

Maynard
07-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Having seen a few shots of this new one, is it just me or have they fixed the ball-jointed legs on this release ... i.e. ... the legs look a little more well proportioned as opposed to stick-like all the way down (now with slightly bulkier thighs etc.) and maybe the hips don't stick out as much?

The legs/thighs are the same, I can't see that anything has changed. Nor do I recall that there was ever an issue to begin with. I believe you may be confusing the VC41 Storm Trooper mold with the VC45 Clone Trooper.

I think the VC45 Clone Trooper had that issue(skinny thighs, etc) to much greater degree than the VC41 Storm Troopers ever did (if it even did at all, really). The VC41 Storm Trooper was simply a repack of the Sandtrooper that came with the Dewback, a figure which was released to a tremendous array of welcome and applaud. I can recall the countless posts of number of "Finally, we now have decent legs for all future Sand & Storm Troopers" on these forums were off the charts. As apposed to (what you may be confusing with the number of negative posts regarding the VC45 figure upon first release of it's photo. Everyone seems to have gotten (more than) used to it and feel that it's pretty much the "definitive" Clone body now. But at the time of it first exposure, there were innumerable posts about how the VC 45 Clone mold "leans MUCH MUCH CLOSER to the CW cartoon Clone Troopers than the realistic line" and how Hasbro is "criss-crossing" the 2 lines too far (in terms of Clones, at least).

I'm personally a huge fan of the new molds on BOTH the new Clone Troopers and the Sand/Storm Troopers. I think Hasbro finally hit it outta the park with these....(well, I''m still a devotee of mid-foot articulation, but I digress)

PS--501, I didnt mean to come off offensive sounding in any way (if I did), it certainly was not my intention. I was just trying to point out something I saw slightly differently , that's all. No offense meant, my friend.

07-21-2013, 09:15 PM
The legs/thighs are the same, I can't see that anything has changed. Nor do I recall that there was ever an issue to begin with. I believe you may be confusing the VC41 Storm Trooper mold with the VC45 Clone Trooper.

Heya...no, I was definitely referring to the VC41 stormtrooper ... I've had about six of those along with a couple of VC112 sandtroopers and the VC14 'clean' sandtrooper.

I think there was some talk of the molds being over-used or something, because here and there, collectors noticed that the thighs on the ball-jointed stormtroopers were looking a little skinny. I noticed it on mine...not deal-breakers, but not quite as well proportioned as they'd been on other releases.

Looking at photos of the figure in Hasbro's display case at SDCC, this appears corrected, but it's hard to tell from a photo.

PS--501, I didnt mean to come off offensive sounding in any way (if I did), it certainly was not my intention. I was just trying to point out something I saw slightly differently , that's all. No offense meant, my friend.

No worries, none taken!

Trooper31
07-22-2013, 07:40 AM
I have too many stormies already, but I'm sure I'll add a number of these to my collection.

my_kind_of_scum
07-22-2013, 09:06 AM

I wasn't impressed with the Legends one at all, honestly, and I expected to like him more than a lot of those figures. the stance he is in just doesn't look normal for a stormtrooper to me. I may buy one or two for the background of dioramas, but I will buy many more of this Black release.

rgeezzy
07-26-2013, 06:18 AM

Joke right ?

bigbarada
07-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Joke right ?

No, he's serious and I agree with him 100%. The Saga Legends figure is amazing, this "premium" Black Series figure looks like crap in comparison.

GNT
07-26-2013, 10:25 PM
No, he's serious and I agree with him 100%. The Saga Legends figure is amazing, this "premium" Black Series figure looks like crap in comparison.

Totally agree the Black series version is pretty crappy, the Saga Legends version wins out with such a great sculpt.

Revanfan1
07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Totally agree the Black series version is pretty crappy, the Saga Legends version wins out with such a great sculpt.

Count me in. The SL version is just above and beyond, like Jango. But I'll still buy one of these guys for the rifle.

my_kind_of_scum
07-26-2013, 11:34 PM
For me, the inability to hold his blaster in two hands just kills it for me (the saga legends version). It's not the 5 poa that I mind as the stiff at attention pose everyone is in. (I will admit that it really works for the Jango figure because it's a very iconic pose he's in from the movie) At least in POTF2, the 5 poa figures were in natural poses and often able to hold their weapons naturally. I don't see any reason for the stiff pose these new figures are in other than nostalgia. And nostalgia doesn't make me buy something.

I do realize that part of it is in what type of display-er you are, though. I have all of my figures placed in dioramas, so I want them to look as natural and "realistic" as possible. I'm sure that has a lot to do with my disinterest in the majority of the Saga Legends figures.

rgeezzy
07-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Why are you guys only comparing it to a 5POA SL figure when the VC41 is clrly better than either

Rocket_Back
07-27-2013, 08:36 AM
VC41 wasn't terrible, but the 5POA looks a lot closer to what they looked like on screen.

bigbarada
07-27-2013, 06:42 PM
For me, the inability to hold his blaster in two hands just kills it for me (the saga legends version). It's not the 5 poa that I mind as the stiff at attention pose everyone is in. (I will admit that it really works for the Jango figure because it's a very iconic pose he's in from the movie) At least in POTF2, the 5 poa figures were in natural poses and often able to hold their weapons naturally. I don't see any reason for the stiff pose these new figures are in other than nostalgia. And nostalgia doesn't make me buy something.

The stiff, neutral pose is what sells it for me. If the new SL figures had been preposed, like POTF2, then I probably wouldn't be interested in them at all. The SL Stormtrooper will look perfect standing in a formation. There's no way you could stand the POTF2 Stormtroopers in formation with that weird "stepping" pose. They would look like they were line dancing.

Why are you guys only comparing it to a 5POA SL figure when the VC41 is clrly better than either

This thing? Seriously? The figure is not good and that helmet sculpt is horrible:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC/Basic/VC41Storm/TVC-995.jpg

my_kind_of_scum
07-27-2013, 10:18 PM
The stiff, neutral pose is what sells it for me. If the new SL figures had been preposed, like POTF2, then I probably wouldn't be interested in them at all. The SL Stormtrooper will look perfect standing in a formation. There's no way you could stand the POTF2 Stormtroopers in formation with that weird "stepping" pose. They would look like they were line dancing.

]

Fair point about the POTF2 Stormies, but as for the new Legends version, didn't the stormtroopers always hold their rifles across their chest or waist when standing at attention? I don't recall a single instance when they stood with their guns in one hand, arms at their sides.

bigbarada
07-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Fair point about the POTF2 Stormies, but as for the new Legends version, didn't the stormtroopers always hold their rifles across their chest or waist when standing at attention? I don't recall a single instance when they stood with their guns in one hand, arms at their sides.

True, but that doesn't matter. A formation of Stormtroopers holding their blasters straight down by their sides would have been good enough for me as a kid (if I had had enough vintage Stormtroopers to stand them all in formation), so it's good enough for me as an adult.

DarthJefe
07-28-2013, 01:29 AM
I remember VC41 got its helmet fixed it a bit in carry forwards. That's the one I bought. Being that I like articulation, I'll stick with this one over SL.

lordtyrannus
07-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I did my own custom, putting a VC41 belt w/ "grenade" on the back onto the VC Sandtrooper after removing the Sandtrooper gear, thus essentially making the BS Stormtrooper. Ironically, it looks like mine will be more accurate, because Hasbro didn't even bother putting an accurate belt w/ the grenade on the BS figure. They appears they just took the gear off the Sandtrooper and repacked it.

Michael_Knight
07-28-2013, 03:31 PM
If Hasbro gave the kind of attention to detail for the helmet on the SA one as they did for the new legends/mission series one than I could say the SA one shatters the 5POA one in terms of desirability. I still prefer the SA because I want a figure that can appropriately hold a rifle but if they could make an SA Stormie that has the helmet that the 5POA one has then that would be hands down the best Stormie I could imagine. It's too bad Hasbro doesn't see this opportunity because they could make bank on it.

RebelTrooper
07-28-2013, 03:39 PM
If Hasbro gave the kind of attention to detail for the helmet on the SA one as they did for the new legends/mission series one than I could say the SA one shatters the 5POA one in terms of desirability. I still prefer the SA because I want a figure that can appropriately hold a rifle but if they could make an SA Stormie that has the helmet that the 5POA one has then that would be hands down the best Stormie I could imagine. It's too bad Hasbro doesn't see this opportunity because they could make bank on it.

I have a feeling that they will make a super articulated Stormtrooper with a perfectly proportioned, movie accurate sculpt, but they're not ready to do it just yet.

I really do think that they want to release incrementally upgraded versions before they get to the ultimate final version. I guess I'm a bit cynical that way after all the little tweaks that they've done over the years with figures, and especially, Tie Fighters.

StormtrooperFX
07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
All it takes, I guess, is for one super-dedicated fan to put together the dimensions of a perfectly proportioned Stormtrooper that anyone could send to a 3D printer. Might need to paint it yourself, though.

rgeezzy
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
This thing? Seriously? The figure is not good and that helmet sculpt is horrible:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC/Basic/VC41Storm/TVC-995.jpg[/QUOTE]

Of course as you know- I was referring to the corrected helmet version

bigbarada
07-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Of course as you know- I was referring to the corrected helmet version

All they did was fix the paint job on the helmet for the "corrected" helmet version. However, it doesn't help that helmet sculpt, which is bad on every single level. Unless you have some photos that prove it's a completely new sculpt, but this figure is NOT a good Stormtrooper figure.

Waggy
07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
All they did was fix the paint job on the helmet for the "corrected" helmet version. However, it doesn't help that helmet sculpt, which is bad on every single level. Unless you have some photos that prove it's a completely new sculpt, but this figure is NOT a good Stormtrooper figure.

What makes this so bad?

Honestly, what is it about this figure that has some people vexed? He appears fine to me.

White armour. Check.
Helmet. Check.
(E-11?) Blaster. Check.
SA. We'll find out but so far indications are check.

What is it that novices like me are missing. I do not own a single Stormtrooper and would like to purchase several of these. So please enlighten me as to:

1) What is wrong with the BS figure?
2) How does this figure differ to the one featured on TVC box?

Thanks

MTFBWY

lordtyrannus
07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
What makes this so bad?

Honestly, what is it about this figure that has some people vexed? He appears fine to me.

White armour. Check.
Helmet. Check.
(E-11?) Blaster. Check.

What is it that novices like me are missing. I do not own a single Stormtrooper and would like to purchase several of these. So please enlighten me as to:

Thanks

MTFBWY

This one, unlike the TVC figure, does not have a removable helmet. It is essentially the VC Sandtrooper, clean and without the gear.

bigbarada
07-29-2013, 08:09 PM
What makes this so bad?

White armour. Check.
Helmet. Check.
(E-11?) Blaster. Check.

Thanks

MTFBWY

My complaints are about the VC41 Stormtrooper figure.

The upcoming Black Series Stormtrooper figure is the exact same figure we've been getting as a Sandtrooper since 2009.

Darth_Gropo
07-29-2013, 10:22 PM
The only thing I really don't like about the new TBS stormtrooper is the neck. The fact that they are using the sandtrooper sculpt without the gear makes its neck too tall cause of the space for the pauldron for the sandtrooper. The helmet does not sit low enough and looks bad. I also prefer the older non ball-jointed hips, but that's not a deal breaker.

Nighthawk
07-30-2013, 02:49 PM
The only thing I really don't like about the new TBS stormtrooper is the neck. The fact that they are using the sandtrooper sculpt without the gear makes its neck too tall cause of the space for the pauldron for the sandtrooper. The helmet does not sit low enough and looks bad. I also prefer the older non ball-jointed hips, but that's not a deal breaker.

Agreed on the head. I do kinda wish they gave him new hands though. The current hands are too stiff and they only look natural holding the blaster left handed.

rgeezzy
08-06-2013, 01:31 PM
While a kit-bash, I think the VC41 is the best Stormie released yet - and my original point was that I certainly find the vc41 to be better than the "step back into the '80's" 5 POA ones that they are trying to dump on us in the upcoming lines

rgeezzy
08-06-2013, 01:32 PM
and I realize others prefer a better shaped non-removable helmet - which is cool by me.
I prefer a removable helmet, even at the expense of a thinner helmet

08-06-2013, 01:52 PM
While a kit-bash, I think the VC41 is the best Stormie released yet - and my original point was that I certainly find the vc41 to be better than the "step back into the '80's" 5 POA ones that they are trying to dump on us in the upcoming lines

I ended up leaving this scale in favour of 1:12 and 1:6, but my last great 3.75" stormtrooper was VC41 with a BD32 (Spacetrooper) helmet. Even so, I found the ball-jointed hips and thinner upper thighs resulted in the troopers looking best in more dynamic poses; standing at attention not so much.

Personally, were I still interested in smaller scale, I wouldn't bother with 5 POA but some people seem to love it.

bigbarada
08-08-2013, 08:36 PM
better than the "step back into the '80's" 5 POA ones that they are trying to dump on us in the upcoming lines

Hey, they can dump that figure on me all they want. B)

Revanfan1
08-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Hey, they can dump that figure on me all they want. B)

Me too. Except for the one I'm getting you guys can keep all these unlucky #13s!

ShyTown
08-12-2013, 04:08 AM
I haven't seen a good stormtrooper since votc.

CMDR_Appo
08-29-2013, 04:35 PM
This figure looks good, but I dunno if I need anymore Troopers, especially when the BAD set comes with a Sandtrooper that I can breakdown into this figure anyway.
Will have to see how I feel when I see the thing in person.

lordtyrannus
08-29-2013, 05:16 PM
This figure looks good, but I dunno if I need anymore Troopers, especially when the BAD set comes with a Sandtrooper that I can breakdown into this figure anyway..

Yeah but it'd be a REALLY dirty Stormtrooper. :-)

CMDR_Appo
08-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah but it'd be a REALLY dirty Stormtrooper. :-)

True, but as a 'sample' figure, I'll be able to see if I like the guy, and then go from there in regards to purchasing a proper one.

AaylaSecurasMan
08-29-2013, 06:25 PM
This figure looks good, but I dunno if I need anymore Troopers, especially when the BAD set comes with a Sandtrooper that I can breakdown into this figure anyway.
Will have to see how I feel when I see the thing in person.

And there is also as stormy in the upcoming vintage K-mart Scanning crew set.

CMDR_Appo
08-29-2013, 06:41 PM
And there is also as stormy in the upcoming vintage K-mart Scanning crew set.

Don't have K-Marts here, but I'm not fussed about getting that set anyway. I only like Imperial Troops, not support staff like them.

AaylaSecurasMan
08-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Don't have K-Marts here, but I'm not fussed about getting that set anyway. I only like Imperial Troops, not support staff like them.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/Nodiscr.jpg

CMDR_Appo
08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Haha, brilliant!

I do find them boring though, so I have very few unarmoured imperials. To me, it's all about the frontline guys.

Trooper31
08-30-2013, 04:23 AM
I've got a lot of stormtroopers at he moment, although I will be getting at least 1 of this one. I'll probably end up buying as many as I find, though.

fumetti
09-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Funny thing you point out.

Both imperial and rebel human soldiers are identically made. But we accept the imperials as clones and the rebels as individuals!

lordtyrannus
09-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Is this a new helmet sculpt? It's hard to tell from the loose JTA photos.

TheForce5
09-08-2013, 07:29 PM

I was wondering that myself.

Darth_Bones
09-08-2013, 09:57 PM

I have no idea, but personally I think it looks ridiculous in those pics!!! Eyes are puny, head looks "elongated/distorted" and has "giraffe neck"!!! Sucks, because I really wanted to get a few more ST's!!!

TheForce5
09-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, to be fair, it's only two loose pictures so far. I think the eyes look slightly more rounded and thereby better than on the VC14 Sandtrooper.

Cell
09-09-2013, 07:10 AM
So this is basically the exact same Stormtrooper that came with the Vintage 'Villain Set'? Guess the only thing that would make this figure 'worth' a purchase would be the E-11 blaster with the fold out stock.

lordtyrannus
09-09-2013, 08:01 AM
So this is basically the exact same Stormtrooper that came with the Vintage 'Villain Set'? Guess the only thing that would make this figure 'worth' a purchase would be the E-11 blaster with the fold out stock.

Like with Han's blaster with the BS Vader-- who would've thought 5 years ago, we'd be tempted to pay $9.99 for a single 3.75" scale weapon, just for the illusion of value?

HothHan
09-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Thankfully that 5 POA Stormtrooper is coming out - cause this one looks pretty bad.

Droidworld
09-09-2013, 08:15 AM
I wish fugly was 10 characters.

Meesa_Mike
09-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I cancelled my preorder from Amazon. They didn't paint the buttons. Hasbro is so inconsistent.

CMDR_Appo
09-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Buttons? Anyone mind telling me what I'm missing here?

Droidworld
09-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Buttons? Anyone mind telling me what I'm missing here?
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/chest1.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/chest1.jpg)

Meesa_Mike
09-09-2013, 07:52 PM
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/chest1.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/chest1.jpg)

Thanks Droidworld!

CMDR_Appo
09-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Ah, looks like I'll have to go check all my previous Stormtroopers now. Never really noticed those before. Still having them pre-painted by hasbro or not won't be a dealbreaker for me on buying this guy.

Billy_Ray
09-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Man, it looks like I will be saving so much money on the 3 3/4" Black Series that I will be able to afford the 6" Black Series.

lordtyrannus
09-10-2013, 05:44 AM
If that's the Sandtrooper helmet, why didn't they just leave it like it was?? The poorly painted mouth and eyes are killing the sculpt. It HAS to be the Indiana Jones paint crew that's in charge of these now.

Internets
09-10-2013, 06:33 AM
If this is literally the old Sandtrooper fig, I can buy loads of those guys for a fiver a pop at my local discount shop (they have loads) and just remove the Sandtrooper gear : /

What incentive is there to get this guy?

TheForce5
09-10-2013, 06:36 AM
The newer E-11. Not saying it's a good enough reason, but there you go.

lordtyrannus
09-10-2013, 07:07 AM
If this is literally the old Sandtrooper fig, I can buy loads of those guys for a fiver a pop at my local discount shop (they have loads) and just remove the Sandtrooper gear : /

What incentive is there to get this guy?

Well if you want more movie accuracy, you may want to grab this one. The belt on this one is not the one from the Sandtrooper. It is a Stormtrooper belt with the thermal grenade on the back and the black holster. These aren't on the Sandtrooper belt. Now, I made my own by boiling and switching the belt from my VC41 Stormtrooper to a VC Sandtrooper. So that is an option if you have extra figures.

Michael_Knight
09-13-2013, 02:39 PM
I wish fugly was 10 characters.

Just type all exapreated.

FUUUUUUUGLY!!!!

Michael_Knight
09-13-2013, 02:40 PM
that was supposed to be exasperated

swCollector_Dan
09-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Opened this figure up and was disappointed by the sloppy paint application, slit in back for backpack, and a 3 Piece Blastech E-11 Rifle that falls apart very easy.

http://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013a2s.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013a1s.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013fs.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013fbs.jpg

More / larger pics at: Star Wars Collector - Stormtrooper - #13 (http://starwarscollector.com/hd-photo-gallery/the-black-series-action-figures-6-exclusive/381-the-black-series-action-figures-basic/4980-stormtrooper-13.html)

lordtyrannus
09-28-2013, 07:53 PM
These shoddy paint apps are severely out if hand. Darryl must've nailed down an even cheaper factory than the one who painted the Indy figures.

Darth_Jawa
09-28-2013, 09:01 PM
It doesn't look like any of the areas on the figure that are painted black have complete/even coverage. I really have to wonder if Hasbro is purposely doing these things to try to kill the line entirely at this point.

Darth_Bones
09-28-2013, 09:06 PM
The neck and helmet just look really strange to me, which is sad, because I was looking forward to buying as many storm troopers as I came across in the aisles, oh well, maybe the next iteration will be better!!! One can only hope!!!

my_kind_of_scum
09-28-2013, 09:51 PM
It doesn't look like any of the areas on the figure that are painted black have complete/even coverage. I really have to wonder if Hasbro is purposely doing these things to try to kill the line entirely at this point.

Except that the awful paint aps are across *all* of the star wars lines. Most of the saga legends I've seen have awful paint mistakes and it took me forever to find a 6" Maul that didn't look like it had been painted by a monkey with a cocaine problem. I think Hasbro went with a much cheaper factory this year and it definitely shows.

mattmanw54301
09-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Except that the awful paint aps are across *all* of the star wars lines. Most of the saga legends I've seen have awful paint mistakes and it took me forever to find a 6" Maul that didn't look like it had been painted by a monkey with a cocaine problem. I think Hasbro went with a much cheaper factory this year and it definitely shows.

Cut Bubbles a break. He never really recovered from Michael's death.

mattmanw54301
09-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Opened this figure up and was disappointed by the sloppy paint application, slit in back for backpack, and a 3 Piece Blastech E-11 Rifle that falls apart very easy.

http://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013a2s.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013a1s.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013fs.jpghttp://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013fbs.jpg

More / larger pics at: Star Wars Collector - Stormtrooper - #13 (http://starwarscollector.com/hd-photo-gallery/the-black-series-action-figures-6-exclusive/381-the-black-series-action-figures-basic/4980-stormtrooper-13.html)

Looks like he has an un-balanced unibrow instead of a solid line across the eyebrows. WTF happened? Did the factory import drinking water for its employees from an irradiated Japanese source?

patrickdurfee
09-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Paint job looks fine to me. What I care about and like the most is the head/helmet. No more removable helmet showing off a clone head

Darth_Bones
09-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Paint job looks fine to me. What I care about and like the most is the head/helmet. No more removable helmet showing off a clone head

Of course the paint looks fine to you, you have a penchant for all things 1995!!! Lol

Winsto
09-29-2013, 01:13 AM
That paint app is just horrible. First the BS 3.75 Scout Trooper and now this. What the hell is happening at the factories? Did they hire the "Dollar store CORPs figure" people to paint these? I'm suppose to pay $11 for this?

lordtyrannus
09-29-2013, 04:27 AM

Only now, it'd actually be NICE to be able to remove this 100% failure of a helmet.

On a side note, you should probably skip this wave and put the money towards some new glasses.

mattmanw54301
09-29-2013, 05:08 AM
That paint app is just horrible. First the BS 3.75 Scout Trooper and now this. What the hell is happening at the factories? Did they hire the "Dollar store CORPs figure" people to paint these? I'm suppose to pay $11 for this?

Apply some salve to that burn. I literally spit out my water.

mattmanw54301
09-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Of course the paint looks fine to you, you have a penchant for all things 1995!!! Lol

Blind Melon. Alanis. Way before Rihanna there was NIN, and Manson. He's still pre-occupied, with 1995.

There. Now you have an ear worm for today. *bows*

CMDR_Appo
09-29-2013, 07:01 AM

This has been the case on pretty much every clone/storm trooper type figure. They've never been perfect.

I might pick one up if I see it out and about, but I won't be pre-ordering one alongside Mara and Luminara.

Darth_Bones
09-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Blind Melon. Alanis. Way before Rihanna there was NIN, and Manson. He's still pre-occupied, with 1995.

There. Now you have an ear worm for today. *bows*

Well my reference was really about POTF2 figures, but I guess I'm stuck in the 90's as well, as I'm a big NIN fan!!! Lol

patrickdurfee
09-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Excuse me but what is your problem? Especially with your complaining about how "bad" the paintjob looks? Where exactly? Finally we have a new good Stormtrooper with a gareat head/helmet and finally no more of the clone head underneath.

09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Opened this figure up and was disappointed by the sloppy paint application, slit in back for backpack [...]

Wow...that's a terrible waste. I left this scale but followed this thread out of curiosity because I like stormtroopers...and I'm left shaking my head. I can understand the chain of decisions leading up to re-using that sculpt, but the slot in the back is unforgivable.

Stevesvws82
09-29-2013, 12:22 PM
They have gotten pretty lazy these days. Some of the new stuff I was pretty excited about. This is not the worst it could be but still the slit in the back is a joke. Wasn't the whle thing about this line supposed to be fan and collector geared? Maybe they are planning on having multiple release Stormies so they will get better? The guns do look pretty cool.

Prometheum5
09-29-2013, 12:33 PM
They have gotten pretty lazy these days. Some of the new stuff I was pretty excited about. This is not the worst it could be but still the slit in the back is a joke. Wasn't the whle thing about this line supposed to be fan and collector geared? Maybe they are planning on having multiple release Stormies so they will get better? The guns do look pretty cool.

I'd rather the black stripe above the eyes was lined up correctly than worry about the slot on the back.

09-29-2013, 12:46 PM
I'd rather the black stripe above the eyes was lined up correctly than worry about the slot on the back.

When I was buying 3.75" stormtroopers I found the paint apps varied a fair bit between lots; having even one lot with bad paint's not cool, but I imagine not all of them will be that bad. The slot on the other hand...that'd be on the Do Not Buy List for me.

Prometheum5
09-29-2013, 12:52 PM
When I was buying 3.75" stormtroopers I found the paint apps varied a fair bit between lots; having even one lot with bad paint's not cool, but I imagine not all of them will be that bad. The slot on the other hand...that'd be on the Do Not Buy List for me.

Is the slot really that big a crisis considering the other things this figure does well? How many are you going to display backwards? I'm stoked for the 3-piece blaster and non-removable helmet.

09-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Is the slot really that big a crisis[...]

LOL...it is for me, but I guess I can see what you're saying. :P

[...] considering the other things this figure does well? How many are you going to display backwards? I'm stoked for the 3-piece blaster and non-removable helmet.

The blaster is definitely stoke-worthy, and the figure will integrate very nicely with the great VC112 figure, I'll give you that.

lordtyrannus
09-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Excuse me but what is your problem? Especially with your complaining about how "bad" the paintjob looks? Where exactly? Finally we have a new good Stormtrooper with a gareat head/helmet and finally no more of the clone head underneath.

1) The paint job looks bad pretty much from from the top of the helmet to the bottom. It almost looks like something that schutzi guy would paint.

2) We've had this "non-removable helmet" Stormtrooper for 3 years. All you had to do was remove the gear from the white pauldron VC Sandtrooper back in 2010.

Michael_Knight
09-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Wow, just catching up to this release. So this is basically a Sandtrooper without his gear painted like ****. I am gnashing my teeth in embarrassment for Hasbro. What a sad travesty.

GAdmiralThrawn
09-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Is there a way to remove the paint without harming the plastic? Also, any ideas on how to fill the hole in the back?

patrickdurfee
09-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Quit complaining about some hole in the back. Deal with it. Enjoy the doll. Pet it and kiss it and say "my precious...."

It's the best looking stormtrooper and finally it doesn't have a removable helmet showing off a jango clone head.

CMDR_Appo
09-30-2013, 01:33 PM
You quit supporting a figure just because it doesn't have a clone head- see, not very nice is it? They're entitled to hate that hole. It detracts from the Stormtrooper image, worsens it's screen accuracy, and shows plain laziness on Hasbro's part since all they had to do was fill it, or use the non holed stormtrooper body.

It isn't a dealbreaker for me, but for some, it obviously is, just like clone heads are to you.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Man - that's one mongy looking helmet.

lordtyrannus
09-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Quit complaining about some hole in the back. Deal with it. Enjoy the doll. Pet it and kiss it and say "my precious...."

The thought of you doing this is unsettling.

Prometheum5
09-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Wow, just catching up to this release. So this is basically a Sandtrooper without his gear painted like ****. I am gnashing my teeth in embarrassment for Hasbro. What a sad travesty.

99% of people who buy one (or ten) can't tell the difference. 'Travesty' seems a bit harsh for something most people won't even notice. It's not like it's a Hot Toys figure billed as perfectly accurate with a slot on the back.

Internets
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM
LOL It still has the hole for the Sandtrooper gear... I can get about 4 clean Sandtroopers for the price of one BS Stormtrooper and just remove the gear. Not bothered about the holster.

Snaggletooth
09-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Wow, is this some kind of factory second or reject?

Folks complained a lot about the paint app on BS6" Artoo, but he looks like a Sideshow Premium Format next to this. Though it looks like the same guy who couldn't line up Artoo's dome line also painted this guy's helmet line.

If this is the final production figure, it's really disappointing and even embarrassing. What was that about Saga Legends looking like bootlegs? :\

http://starwarscollector.com/photo/black_series_basic/stormtrooper_82342013/82342013pic/82342013fs.jpg

Snaggletooth
09-30-2013, 06:14 PM
^ NO EDIT

Sorry, that was a bit harsh. My apologies to those who were looking forward to this fig.

CMDR_Appo
09-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Half the lines in movie were inconsistent too, they were often raised or loose lol. Maybe they're trying to capture the 'magic' of the screen. I'm sure I can sort it out once I get mine, sucks for non customisers/carded fans though.

Nighthawk
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM

Really? That's your opinion. I personally love removable helmets. You can choose to not remove the helmet if you like. My gripe with this Stormtrooper is that it is practically the VC 3 pack version with a different belt and gun. I don't like that there is still a slot for the backpack and the fact that it's the Sandtrooper body the head/helmet sits a little too high.

However, this is nice for me in that I can save some money and not get any. :)

Michael_Knight
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM
99% of people who buy one (or ten) can't tell the difference. 'Travesty' seems a bit harsh for something most people won't even notice. It's not like it's a Hot Toys figure billed as perfectly accurate with a slot on the back.

It is when time and again since 2004 they have had superior Stormtroopers.

bigbarada
10-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Really? That's your opinion. I personally love removable helmets. You can choose to not remove the helmet if you like.

Except that the plastic Hasbro uses for the removable helmets is usually much softer and warps easily on the figure's head. So the misshapen helmets make it impossible to ignore the removable helmet feature.

Droidworld
10-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Except that the plastic Hasbro uses for the removable helmets is usually much softer and warps easily on the figure's head. So the misshapen helmets make it impossible to ignore the removable helmet feature.

THIS, and the fact that we never saw a stormtrooper without their helmets off in the films, OTHER than Luke and Han. And if I'm not mistaken, Cody is the only one in the PT seen without a helmet.

Luke and Han Stormtrooper and Cody, are the only realistic figures that need to have removable helmets IMO.

CMDR_Appo
10-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Well you have all the Clones suiting up in AOTC with no helmets on too, so it ewasn't just Cody. Persinally, I like removable helmets, but I use them little anyways, so either type doesn't really bother me. I've never had a problem with the soft helmets. They've always looked fine to me.

HothHan
10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I'll wouldn't be upset if they never make a removable helmet feature again.

It was kind of neat when they first starting doing it but once I started to see OT Troopers with Jango Fett's face I was over it...

CMDR_Appo
10-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Well some are still Clones at that point, so the figure wasn't doing anything wrong.

Masterfett
10-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I think they are useful when necessary, Like Clone Commanders etc. IMO regular rank and file Clones , as well as Stormtroopers and the like don't need them.
Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, are the only instance where they are needed.

But to use them on every single trooper style figure has gotten ridiculous! Especially since they can't seem to even make them right.

That said, I do enjoy removable helmets for custom projects etc. So it's not like I despise them like others do.

HothHan
10-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Well some are still Clones at that point, so the figure wasn't doing anything wrong.

I'm aware - I still don't like it B)

TheForce5
10-04-2013, 04:05 PM

Not in my canon. B)

CMDR_Appo
10-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I take it you don't accept the PT then?

Shadow_Imperium
10-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Along with being too soft, the vast majority of removable helmets are too big or too small. The Phase II clone bucket which has yet to be changed, and Evo Boba Fett's so snug his nose sticks out warped helmet which destroyed the nose if you dare remove it.

Removable helmets aside, what Hasbro needs to do is tool a proper Stormtrooper non-removable head/helmet. Anytime they use Sandtroopers as Stormtroopers they have a large gap between shoulder and helmet looks silly. No SA Stormtrooper has had a head that sits right, VOTC looks great from the front and front alone, sides and back look silly with that giant ball sticking out.

HothHan
10-05-2013, 08:08 AM

It's EU in my canon. I enjoyed the movies but they destroyrd

HothHan
10-05-2013, 08:10 AM
It's EU in my canon. I enjoyed the movies but they destroyrd

Oops...hit send on my phone before I finished typing lol

What I was saying was that the PT destroyed a lot of the mystery of the OT that I dont think needed to be explored.

bigbarada
10-05-2013, 09:13 AM

The PT never established that the Stormtroopers in the OT were clones. That's just an assumption that Hasbro made because they thought it would help them sell more toys.

CMDR_Appo
10-05-2013, 10:07 AM
It was explored in additional media to the PT, so it wasn't Hasbro independently. Your call on if you actually don't like it. For me, I accept all Star Wars.

bigbarada
10-05-2013, 07:18 PM
It was explored in additional media to the PT, so it wasn't Hasbro independently. Your call on if you actually don't like it. For me, I accept all Star Wars.

Well, that's the EU then not the PT. We all know EU is pretty hit and miss (mostly miss, actually) in terms of quality.

Since Star Wars is just a series of fictional stories, then I see no need to accept all of it. If I think something is poorly written or just a dumb idea, then I will disregard it. Which is why I ignore about 99% of all EU.

TheForce5
10-05-2013, 08:45 PM

There are some elements that I like, but as a whole no I don't and consider them non canon. They don't fit in and are too inconsistent with the OT and all prior EU up that point, material that for the most part is far superior in my view. The PT retconned or changed a ton of stuff along the way (the Jedi, the Republic's age, the Rebel emblem not being based on the Republic, Luke and Leia's mother's death at childbirth, Owen being Anakin's step brother, Yoda being on Dagobah for only about 20 years, the Sith, the Darth title, Palpatine being a Sith, the Empire's age, the Clone Wars, Clones being on the Republic and just glorified CGI Stormtroopers etc.), ruined and or made characters not seem like themselves (Yoda, Palpatine, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Boba etc.) and the films themselves are just not very good. And I say this as a guy who was born in 1992 and grew up with them.

Droidworld
10-06-2013, 12:07 PM
If I think something is poorly written or just a dumb idea, then I will disregard it. Which is why I ignore about 99% of all EU.

The 1% of EU that I can'd disregard is Splinter of the Minds Eye (the original EU), the Holiday Special and Star Tours. And except for Star Tours, they are all mostly ignored by Hasbro in favor of EU I could care less about, like the upteenth Darth Crapola.

pohatu771
10-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I understand not liking clones as Stormtroopers, but if they are going to use removable helmets, I'd rather have clones of Jango Fett (which are established as clones) than an army of non-clone Stormtroopers that all have the same head.

Doop
10-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm against having clone heads for Stormtrooper heads. Not all stormies were clones.

UKHistory
10-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Is it just me or does the face of this stormtrooper, bad paint job not withstanding, resemble the artwork for the Rebels stormtroopr. The shortness
of the upside down V in the middle of the face.

Looks like he has an un-balanced unibrow instead of a solid line across the eyebrows. WTF happened? Did the factory import drinking water for its employees from an irradiated Japanese source?

my_kind_of_scum
10-12-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm against having clone heads for Stormtrooper heads. Not all stormies were clones.

If you go by the films only wouldn't you lean towards the idea that they are?

At any rate, the black series Stormies I got from BBTS have really good paint jobs. I'm a lot happier with them than I thought I would be, looking at earlier photos.

bigbarada
10-12-2013, 01:00 PM
If you go by the films only wouldn't you lean towards the idea that they are?

Not at all, since they all appear to be different heights when standing in formation.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120428090841/deadliestfiction/images/7/71/StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p.jpg

darthsatan
10-12-2013, 03:43 PM
From the NYCC Rebels panel:

" Hidalgo outright said that Clone Troopers, who were lab grown, George Lucas said, "showed too much individuality to be of use to the Empire," and the Storm Troopers are instead recruited patriots."

pohatu771
10-12-2013, 04:04 PM
That statement seems opposite what you would expect. Clones, genetic copies of one man, with individuality engineered out of them, are too unique and are replaced by recruits from all over the galaxy.

darthsatan
10-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Well they ruined the whole point of them being identical by letting them go mad with paintbrushes all over their armour in TCW cartoon!
Not like GL is logical, anyway...:whistling:

Shadow_Imperium
10-12-2013, 04:10 PM
From the NYCC Rebels panel:

" Hidalgo outright said that Clone Troopers, who were lab grown, George Lucas said, "showed too much individuality to be of use to the Empire," and the Storm Troopers are instead recruited patriots."

Wow, logic is a funny thing.
Suits me, I've always hated the idea of clones as troopers whether they be Rebuplic or Empire.

AirenCracken
10-12-2013, 09:12 PM
I never thought that any of the Stormtroopers in the OT were clones.

HothHan
10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Hopefully confirmation that Stormtroopers are NOT clones is the first of many official announcements that will obliterate some of the EU noise that has affected the OT.

bigbarada
10-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Hopefully confirmation that Stormtroopers are NOT clones is the first of many official announcements that will obliterate some of the EU noise that has affected the OT.

I expect to see a lot of scaling back of the Prequel influence on the OT, and Star Wars in general, as time goes on.

Masterfett
10-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I see that writing on the wall as well. I somehow get the feeling GL is a Politician at heart, the way he switches backstories so much!

I also don't understand how a genetically engineered Trooper could have more individuality than a regular person. Although I can see how true patriots can be misguided into believing the Empire is the correct path.

I personally never had a problem with early Stormtroopers being Clones, it makes sense.
But if they're going to use this show to undermine some of what has already been established, then it's probably not for me.

bigbarada
10-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I see that writing on the wall as well.

I actually didn't intend for my comment to be a negative thing at all. I'm all for purging the OT of any and all Prequel influences.

But if they're going to use this show to undermine some of what has already been established, then it's probably not for me.

But that's just the thing, it was never established that the OT Stormtroopers were clones. It was just assumed by certain people and Lucas never went out of his way to refute it until now.

Although, I do agree Lucas is a politician at heart and IF the idea of making Stormtroopers into clones had turned out to be popular among fans, then Stormtroopers would be clones. However, there is obviously enough backlash against the idea for Lucas to come right out and say no, they are not clones. It has nothing to do with storytelling integrity, it's about keeping Star Wars as popular and profitable as possible for as long as possible. If they need to rewrite something they've established in the past to accomplish that, then that's what's going to happen. Case in point, Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc.

darthsatan
10-13-2013, 03:52 AM
As a European I get sick to death of hearing the over-usage of the word "patriot".

Especially in Star Wars now, where it is utterly inappropriate to use, being as the definition is "A person who vigorously supports their country". This does not and cannot apply sensibly to a fictional Galactic Empire. Ugh.

darthsatan
10-13-2013, 10:42 AM
^ Which is modelled upon Nazis!!! (There's an association which everybody can "vigorously support", eh? :rolleyes:) I wish people would engage brains before they spout this rubbish. Rant over.

(NO EDIT!)

CMDR_Appo
10-13-2013, 11:03 AM
What was said at the panel makes sense if you accept all Star Wars like I do. In BFII, a clone batch is 'programmed' to fight against the Empire, showing them to be a liability in general, hence the recruitment drive for normally born people. So with them saying they're too individual, it was in the sense of being able to be convinced-programmed by the legion to be against the Empire. You also have the Jedi influence who wanted them to be people-developed personalities and whatnot, so after having such a freetine with the jedi, suddenly going back on this could cause problems, therefore justifying their removal from the army, fitting in with the Rebels panel. So by the time of the OT, very few would be Clones anyways. Pre ANH era, there'd be more, but when you get to the OT, not so much.

And I don't get the problem with using the word patriot. They're highlighting that Stormtroopers are loyal and commited to defending their local planets and systems (in place of countries), for a legitimate government. Works for me.

DarthJefe
10-13-2013, 11:29 AM

That was actually the PT that started this, not the EU. The Essential Guide to Warfare cleared this up nicely. Stormtroopers started as clones, but swung over more and more to recruits over time. By the time of the OT most Stormtroopers were recruits. This was mainly done so that the 90s EU (where Stormtroopers are all recruits) jives with 00s EU.

Oddball_Fett
10-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I personally never had a problem with early Stormtroopers being Clones, it makes sense.

Yup. And I think even in the EU the idea is that the very first ones were, and were later gradually phased out, either cloned from numerous other sources or just drafted from the general population. This would make Jango's face a rare sight by the time of the OT.

As a European I get sick to death of hearing the over-usage of the word "patriot".

Especially in Star Wars now, where it is utterly inappropriate to use, being as the definition is "A person who vigorously supports their country". This does not and cannot apply sensibly to a fictional Galactic Empire. Ugh.

I'm not sure it's inappropriate in regards to the Empire, as its usage IS rhetorical, which sounds right in line with what the Empire would do. They don't care whether it's really appropriate or not.

As you point out it's just like how it's used today, even if it's not always appropriate. But then that's another kettle of fish not best suited for these forums.

Masterfett
10-13-2013, 01:19 PM
And I don't get the problem with using the word patriot. They're highlighting that Stormtroopers are loyal and commited to defending their local planets and systems (in place of countries), for a legitimate government. Works for me.
Well IMO, that comment would make more sense if the rebellion wasn't made up of so many former Imperials! :hmm:
So if you truly are a "true patriot", than you wouldn't see your Empire as a place to defect from.

Darth_Bones
10-14-2013, 11:23 PM

As a non-European, I get sick of you Europeans telling us which words are appropriate in our Fictional Galactic Empires!!! Lmao I can't believe the Patriots beat the Saints, talk about cheating referees!!! As my European friends would say "rubbish"!!! Who Dat!!!!

HothHan
10-16-2013, 08:21 AM
As a non-European, I get sick of you Europeans telling us which words are appropriate in our Fictional Galactic Empires!!! Lmao I can't believe the Patriots beat the Saints, talk about cheating referees!!! As my European friends would say "rubbish"!!! Who Dat!!!!

Even as a Jets fan you can't deny the greatness of Tom Brady lol

And I know I'm waaayyyy off topic. Guilty as charged.

my_kind_of_scum
10-16-2013, 09:06 AM
As a kid, I just assumed that all stormtroopers were clones so the PT "retcon" never bothered me in the slightest. In fact, I would prefer to keep the imperial army as clones (from several hosts) for me personally (which obviously isn't happening). Doesn't much matter either way as you don't see under the helmet.

The thing that bothers me much more from the Rebels info so far is the alien inquisitor. I know it was never explicitly stated in the OT, but I definitely prefer my evil imperial machine with a strong anti-alien bias. It looks like that could be changing in the future. (Of course, I am jumping to conclusions from one character here...)

DarthJefe
11-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Well, the Stormtrooper I ordered from HTS turned out to be a Clone Trooper on a Stormtrooper cardback. Just blunderful, HTS!

DarthJefe
11-21-2013, 11:08 PM
How do factory errors like this Clone Trooper on a Stormtrooper card HTS was so nice to send me do on eBay, I wonder?

Darth_Bones
11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
How do factory errors like this Clone Trooper on a Stormtrooper card HTS was so nice to send me do on eBay, I wonder?

I would assume, very well!!!! Sounds like a pretty cool error to me, especially considering that ST's evolved from phase2 clones right???

DarthJefe
11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Maybe if I'm lucky I can recoup a lot of my costs. I'll list him tonight and see how it goes. I haven't put anything on eBay in over a year.

Chewbacca
11-23-2013, 11:14 PM
As a kid, I just assumed that all stormtroopers were clones so the PT "retcon" never bothered me in the slightest. In fact, I would prefer to keep the imperial army as clones (from several hosts) for me personally (which obviously isn't happening). Doesn't much matter either way as you don't see under the helmet.

The thing that bothers me much more from the Rebels info so far is the alien inquisitor. I know it was never explicitly stated in the OT, but I definitely prefer my evil imperial machine with a strong anti-alien bias. It looks like that could be changing in the future. (Of course, I am jumping to conclusions from one character here...)

I'm going to assume you were a kid within the last 10 years if you're down with cloning stormtroopers.

pohatu771
11-23-2013, 11:16 PM

At Rhode Island Comic Con, there was a vendor with a Scout Trooper mounted on the card upside-down. I don't know how much he was asking, but it was gone by the end of the first day.

CMDR_Appo
11-24-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm going to assume you were a kid within the last 10 years if you're down with cloning stormtroopers.

I know my Dad thought they were Clones/copies 'back in the day', while my mum thought they were robots/droids, so there are some 'older' people that accept and recognise the Clone concept.
I got into the OT in 96 when I was little, and I did presume they were copies. When the PT came along, it just solidified the concept for me.

And besides, they do cover both bases with the Stormtroopers to keep everyone happy. They start as clones, then additional sources come in either as extra clone sources to diversify the ranks, or plain old recruits, so which ever aspect you prefer, you can be happy.
This being said, Hasbro could represent this more with additional heads or variants/running changes with them like they do with Rebel characters.

Masterfett
11-24-2013, 02:07 PM
So I'm curious about this 15,000th Stormtrooper. Is it an all new sculpt or the old VOTC one? I'm wondering because I don't wan to buy it if it's the one with the gap where you can see the BH joint. If I remember right, there was only one sculpt where that joint was better hidden.

Internets
11-24-2013, 05:55 PM
It's the VC Sandtrooper with no Sandtrooper gear.

lordtyrannus
11-25-2013, 07:39 AM
It's the VC Sandtrooper with no Sandtrooper gear.

.... with a HORRIBLY painted helmet. The weapons are nice-- not worth $10 though.

CMDR_Appo
11-25-2013, 08:23 AM
.... with a HORRIBLY painted helmet. The weapons are nice-- not worth $10 though.

There are good ones out there. I found one that was way better painted than my first, so as usual, it's luck of the draw.

CHEWIE
11-25-2013, 03:32 PM
There are good ones out there. I found one that was way better painted than my first, so as usual, it's luck of the draw.

Got a pic? If they have them look like the Stormtrooper from this set, I'm all over it.

http://www.rebelscum.com/2012Hasbro/VILLAIN_SET/VILLAIN_SET-45.jpg

CMDR_Appo
11-25-2013, 03:42 PM
The mouth 'v' area is painted be a little wider than the one in that pic (it appears to be a thicker v than the thin one in your pic), but the rest of it matches my stormtrooper.

OdinsDad
11-25-2013, 04:46 PM
I thought they were robots as a kid.

I thought it said "OIL" on their back.

urbnns69
11-25-2013, 07:23 PM
If they would have filled in the hole on the back where the Sandtrooper gear connects into, I would've been all over building an army of them.

Funny how a small, hack detail like that can affect so many sales...

trandoshanhunter
11-25-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought it said "OIL" on their back.
So I'm not the only one who also thought that...

CMDR_Appo
11-25-2013, 07:32 PM
If they would have filled in the hole on the back where the Sandtrooper gear connects into, I would've been all over building an army of them.

Funny how a small, hack detail like that can affect so many sales...

It does suck for those who care that way, especially since a filled in stormtrooper version already exsists. For me, i don't mind it. I accept that they're still toys at the end of the day, not high end collectibles or real life, and I don't display my figures with their backs to me anyways, so I'll never see it. Hopefully they do an update to it at some point with the filled in back to please those who want it though.

Trooper31
12-02-2013, 09:00 AM
- BeTa´s Sammlung (http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=254&whichpage=11)

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see a pic. The guy that bought it had been looking a long time for a stormie with a decent paint job.

Trooper31
12-02-2013, 09:02 AM
I forgot to mention the picture is a wave 2 stormtrooper. The paint job is a lot better than the one I got, so I guess there's still hope for some of the wave 2 stormies. Maybe wave 3's are better.

OdinsDad
12-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I'll wind up getting a few but they just look so gangly...

OdinsDad
12-02-2013, 07:59 PM
also i cracked up at "Ahhhhhhhh - Trooper mit 1. Adventstischdecke ... sehr schön! Aber lass kein Wachs drauf tropfen!!!"

CMDR_Appo
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
It's a good figure in general, it's just not really anything new to rave about. Were this a new sculpt, there'd be more interest, but as is, it's 'just a figure'.
I finally got round to customising mine in regards to their neckpost. I removed the central column of neck, then reattached the ball joint, then put the helmet back on it, so it all now sits closer to the body than it did originally. I really don't get why they didn't either mod the torso themselves or take it from an actual stormtrooper release since the body is the same. Instead we get a long necked sandy who's lost his kit.

CHEWIE
12-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Saw this guy the other day at a specialty shop in St. Louis... had a terrible paint job on the mask, so I passed.

DJ121
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I just want to know when Hasbro decided to stop painting the dots on the torso? I know this is a re pack of the Sandtrooper, with a different belt, but paint the damn dots! I don't know for sure if I will get this guy or not. No luck finding them at retail, as my stores are still over stuffed with wave 1. I may be in the minority here, but I'd prefer the 2007 S/A trooper, re tooled to a non removable helmet.

DarkArtist
12-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I think it's weird that TK-421 from the K-Mart scanning set looks a thousand times better then the Black Series Stormtrooper

CMDR_Appo
12-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Well minus the addition of bj hips, the Storm body has been the same for ages, so they could have easily added the lower BJ hipped torso to a proper trooper body like the '07 one, yet they chose to really be lazy with this one. They wouldn't have had to produce any additional pieces, just go to their library of parts, yet this was even too hard for them.
I can't wait for the next sandtrooper release when they 'forget' to add a pauldron and backpack to this guy ;)

DJ121
12-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Well minus the addition of bj hips, the Storm body has been the same for ages, so they could have easily added the lower BJ hipped torso to a proper trooper body like the '07 one, yet they chose to really be lazy with this one. They wouldn't have had to produce any additional pieces, just go to their library of parts, yet this was even too hard for them.
I can't wait for the next sandtrooper release when they 'forget' to add a pauldron and backpack to this guy ;)

It is pretty sad. But THAT would mean them making a call to the factory, and having them use an older mold. One that was probably put in some sort of storage area. MUCH to complicated.... It's easier to just re use the current mold. IE Sandtrooper..... and then just call it a Stormtrooper.

DarthJefe
12-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Finally got this guy today for Christmas. He's not bad, but he's pretty boring, and the gap between the shoulders and the helmet (where the pauldron is on the Sandtrooper) is quite distracting. The only reason he's replacing my VOTC non-removable helmet Stormie is because the older one is yellowing. Otherwise, I actually prefer the TK-421 figure we got in the Kmart 2-packs. Hopefully the next Stormtrooper will be an all-new sculpt with balljoint everything including wrists, so we can finally call it definitive and leave it alone. On the plus side, we get the new Imperial blaster with this guy.

DJ121
12-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Finally got this guy today for Christmas. He's not bad, but he's pretty boring, and the gap between the shoulders and the helmet (where the pauldron is on the Sandtrooper) is quite distracting. The only reason he's replacing my VOTC non-removable helmet Stormie is because the older one is yellowing. Otherwise, I actually prefer the TK-421 figure we got in the Kmart 2-packs. Hopefully the next Stormtrooper will be an all-new sculpt with balljoint everything including wrists, so we can finally call it definitive and leave it alone. On the plus side, we get the new Imperial blaster with this guy.

I am fairly certain Hasbro will NEVER give us a definitive version. Because they know that every time they release it, even if it has something wrong, we will still buy it.

edbates
12-26-2013, 10:29 AM
I actually really like the helmet on this guy, but for some reason the hips really bother me. It looks great on the Sandtrooper, but I prefer stormtroopers to stand straighter, or more upright.

My stormtrooper collection mostly consist of the TAC figure. Ironically, I hate the removable helmet, in addition to its sculpt.

RebelTrooper
12-26-2013, 10:41 AM
I am fairly certain Hasbro will NEVER give us a definitive version. Because they know that every time they release it, even if it has something wrong, we will still buy it.

After so many minor tweaks of the same figures and the same vehicles over the years, I believe what you say is in fact Hasbro's strategy. As a result, I hardly buy any Star Wars anymore.

urbnns69
12-26-2013, 12:25 PM
This Stormtrooper release (consistent with its TVC 3-pack release) represents everything that is wrong with Hasbro.

They make a near-perfect looking Stormtrooper sculpt for the 5 POA line (or rather POS line), and then they flip us another big middle finger by repacking a Sandtrooper in the black series with only one accessory and they label it a Stormtrooper.

This is the kind of BS that has caused the Star Wars brand to fail at market over the past few years. Seriously? Hasbro couldn't use a little extra white plastic to fill in the hole on the back of this guy? That's really all it would've taken to make this figure much more appealing.

These are the types of product that give Hasbro a bad name, and the person directly responsible for this should be fired!

Atari
03-17-2014, 01:41 PM
I kind of like this Stormtrooper. He's well articulated and comes with an interesting version of the pistol.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A0337.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A0338.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A0339.jpg

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A0340.jpg

On a nearby ship in the Yavin system.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/P40A0341.jpg

Nighthawk
03-17-2014, 05:18 PM
I've seen this several times and really wanted to just pick it up for the sake of it, but I could never find one that doesn't have messed up paint apps.

clowncake
03-18-2014, 08:48 PM
I can never find stormtroopers I only had one but my brother broke it

clowncake
03-18-2014, 09:02 PM
The vintage collection stormtrooper was the best. The ball on the neck joint doesn't show and when the helmet is on it looks perfect.

Michael_Knight
03-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Well, we got an SA Clone Trooper in 2003 with minor tweaks along the way and finally an improved version in 2012 during the Vintage Run. An SA Stormtrooper was made in 2004 during the Vintage Debut line with minor tweeks along the way and now its 2014 and now full update yet so we are more than a year overdue now, especially when you factor in what we know to being coming out in the subsequent months from now.

Hasbro needs to do a completely new Stormtrooper and totally nail it like they did with the Phase 1 Clone Trooper. I want to see the raised shoulder pads like the one in the 5 POA line with new fully updated helmet that is "NOT" removable. Include the newer E-11 they have been using and an updated rifle along with gun rack and you will have a masterpiece that everyone will **** their pants over and buy tons of.