PDA

View Full Version : What figures have you or plan to purchase extras of?

Glitch
02-14-2013, 04:14 AM
As lame as it sounds, I do like to have one perfectly sealed as well as an open version of certain figures. I do know that some of you display open figures next to your packaged figures. So, which ones did you or do you plan to buy extras of?

I purchased extras of the original 12 (both Jawas and only small head Han), Fett, Death Star Droid, Gamorrean and possibly another orange snake Yoda and Bossk (pending final appearance).

SITH_DARTH_RAGE
02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Gamorrean Guard, Yoda, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. If they make Yak Face, Amanaman, Biker Scout or Snowtrooper I will get doubles of those as well to open. :)

AaylaSecurasMan
02-14-2013, 11:14 AM
No extras for me, just one and I am VERY selective in this line.

Sublevel
02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
I think it's going to be very interesting to see where and if they will conclude this line. I only intend getting one of each figure released, not bothered about the blue snag, unless one pops up at a reasonable price. I just hope they do Luke in Bespin gear!

DarthChristopher
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm also being selective with this line, and mostly will keep mine mint in sealed cards. But I do have an extra Vader to open (have not done yet), and plan to get extras of each Cantina Creature for openers (so far have an extra Blue Snaggletooth and Greedo).

So Glitch, I recall you saying these feel like cheap, bathtub toys, so I'm guessing you realized that after opening your extras of first 12, right? Are R2 and C-3PO the only ones that have some weight and don't feel cheap? I assume GG didn't want these figures to weigh a ton if their limbs were mold-injected like original small figures...but who knows. Due to scale issues and hollow vinyl limbs, most of these are probably best left carded, IMO. It's the whole package, with the Kenner logo, that most appeals to me.

Kaneda_01
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm stopping after the first 21... will be selling my Lando, G. Guard, brown snake Yoda. I would consider adding the last 17 to my display if GG gets around to them. :0)

Glitch
02-15-2013, 02:10 AM
So Glitch, I recall you saying these feel like cheap, bathtub toys, so I'm guessing you realized that after opening your extras of first 12, right? Are R2 and C-3PO the only ones that have some weight and don't feel cheap? I assume GG didn't want these figures to weigh a ton if their limbs were mold-injected like original small figures...but who knows. Due to scale issues and hollow vinyl limbs, most of these are probably best left carded, IMO. It's the whole package, with the Kenner logo, that most appeals to me.

It was when I opened a few of them (Stormtrooper in particular), but what really turned me was just some of the brain dead mistakes they were making with the line...and continue to make. Blue Snaggletooth a killer for me. None of the figures are the weight they should be, but R2 and 3Po are the two best figures of the first 12. They are REALLY nice! GG went vinyl casting because it's cheaper on so many levels - plain and simple.

It's a nice line, but a poorly managed one. At this point, I can only cross my fingers that the figures I REALLY want turn out well.

justabigkid
02-17-2013, 11:27 PM
It was when I opened a few of them (Stormtrooper in particular), but what really turned me was just some of the brain dead mistakes they were making with the line...and continue to make. Blue Snaggletooth a killer for me. None of the figures are the weight they should be, but R2 and 3Po are the two best figures of the first 12. They are REALLY nice! GG went vinyl casting because it's cheaper on so many levels - plain and simple.

It's a nice line, but a poorly managed one. At this point, I can only cross my fingers that the figures I REALLY want turn out well.

What do you mean by the figures not being the right weight?

Glitch
02-18-2013, 01:13 AM
What do you mean by the figures not being the right weight?

Instead of being sold PVC and polystyrene, they're just hollow, thinly rotocast vinyl. They don't have the same weight that they would if they were made of the same materials and scaled up to 12".

xphillips
02-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Instead of being sold PVC and polystyrene, they're just hollow, thinly rotocast vinyl. They don't have the same weight that they would if they were made of the same materials and scaled up to 12".

Making a solid figure would be way to cost ineffective... maybe they could have made the figures a little thicker rotocast vinyl, but there is no way a solid 12" figure would ever hit the market at a price point that would be satisfying.

I have been a HUGE Gentle Giant critic and said some true (but brutal) things in the past years about how they run their business and about their product has been crap (more about how they run their business!)... BUT I LOVE THIS SERIES OF 12" KENNER FIGURES.

The only thing that has bothered me in this line was the Sandpeople cape vs body color. I don't think the scale of Blue Snaggs or other things that people have mentioned about are that big at all. LOVE THIS SERIES... keep making them!

jedimasterc
02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
No extras for me, just one and I am VERY selective in this line.

You and me both. I selling the ESB Boba Fett to another scummer because I want the Rocket firing Boba Fett more.

BlueSnag
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
You and me both. I selling the ESB Boba Fett to another scummer because I want the Rocket firing Boba Fett more.

Same for me -

The excitement of this line has worn off, I'm down to first 12 plus 1 or 2 I really want & have canceled all existing pre orders except Rocket Firing Fett

When I get the POTF Gammy I will probably sell it

Didnt have the space to display all carded, so I opned them up & was somewhat disappointed with how they display

Azuryte
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
My biggest complaint with the line is I can't get half of them to stand up. The legs on my Han are at least 1/8" shorter than each other making it impossible for him to stand up. They really need to offer scaled stands like protech does for the vintage and modern line.

Glitch
02-20-2013, 01:16 AM
My biggest complaint with the line is I can't get half of them to stand up. The legs on my Han are at least 1/8" shorter than each other making it impossible for him to stand up. They really need to offer scaled stands like protech does for the vintage and modern line.

The problem is the thin, soft vinyl that they use. It warps easily and often shrinks at different rates. The legs on my Han are fine, but I know what you're talking about. My Chewbacca had that problem, so I heated the legs and positioned them in a way that eliminated the balance issue.

ramy
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Boba Fett since I am getting the rocket firing version and both Yodas

Shabby_Blue
02-20-2013, 09:18 PM

I'm surprised some third party company hasn't already produced a stand in this scale, just as several companies have produced stands for vintage and modern 3.75" figures. I guess the next best thing is the stands you use for Barbies or other 12" scale figures.

jedimasterc
02-24-2013, 07:04 PM
As much as I want the AT-AT driver I am going to hang it up sorry GG but this figures are expensive.

Shabby_Blue
02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
I've already ordered both carded variants of Yoda and the Gamorrean Guard, but the only figure I'd possibly buy more than one of for display's sake is the Emperor's Royal Guard, just so that I can display one on each side of the Emperor (if we get him). :)