PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Clone Troops from Ebay

GreatGreedo
02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Hello all, I have a question, I've been buying a few clone troopers from ebay (usually in sets of 5 for $25-29 and from China). They look good, some have ink splashes here or there and slight yellowing. Certain sellers keep pumping these guys out and I was wondering if they are the real figures. My Gf thought these guys worked in the toy factories and got the less the perfect ones to sell.

GNT
02-04-2013, 03:50 AM
My Gf thought these guys worked in the toy factories and got the less the perfect ones to sell.

That's pretty much it, they're all real figures just the factory rejects that people get a hold of to sell online. Most of the time the figures are fine but every now and again you get ones with paint markings or two right hands which happened to me once :p

pohatu771
02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
I've only bought four of these backdoor figures, and two were defective - CW Bossk's arm came off, and Nahdar's torso can't be turned or it will probably break.

ReallyMe
02-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Perhaps I'm buying different ones from China, but all mine have been great! I don't buy most of my stuff from China, but I've bought a few sets, and they were all great. ws_toys and tunghori and good sellers. Sinodolls is good, and viperskingdom looks like it has potential, although you have to look at exactly what you're getting.

I did an experiment in which I bought the same figure (grey Coruscant troopers) from China and from a seller in America. They were equally good. I could not for the life of me tell the difference. Go for the good sellers, and try first, then buy more if you're happy.

Spookymufu
02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I've bought a hand full of figures from Tunghori and they were all defective in one way or another, three had one leg shorter then the other, black paint on some, and so on.....For me it was a waste of money since they cant stand up at all.

CadBane
02-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I never bought anything from him although it was tempting. I heard stories like spookys that made me not want to.

bigbarada
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
I've bought a total of 3 figures from these Asian sellers over the years. One was the Clone Wars Bossk, which was pretty much perfect as far as I could tell (I've never had the TRU exclusive version to compare him to). The second was the Weequay Skiffmaster, who had a horrible giraffe neck and I had to almost cut the neck off completely to get it to fit correctly. The last one I bought was a brown-bandana Kithaba, which is actually still one of the the better Kithabas I've seen in terms of paint apps. The only thing unusual about the Kithaba was that there was no datestamp on the figure at all.

I'm wondering how automated their quality control is. If it's highly automated, then it's possible that figures would get rejected for flaws that would be almost imperceptible to us. Or, it's also possible that the workers in charge of quality control are skimming non-defective toys off the top to resell for their own profit.

my_kind_of_scum
02-05-2013, 10:26 PM
I have purchased quite a few figures from tunghori over the years for customs and have never gotten one with a defect.

ReallyMe
02-07-2013, 02:38 AM
I've bought a hand full of figures from Tunghori and they were all defective in one way or another, three had one leg shorter then the other, black paint on some, and so on.....For me it was a waste of money since they cant stand up at all.

I'm not arguing; it's just that I've bought figures in TRU or WM, brand-new on card, that have one leg a little shorter and stuff like that. Some of the Chinese sellers post figures called "prototypes" and stuff like that, which looks kind of off to me, so I don't buy them. Everything I've bought from Tunghori and Ws_toys stands up just fine. Tunghori even gave me an extra figure one time as a gift for buying: a red shocktrooper. And one can never have too many of those .... :grin:

GreatGreedo
02-11-2013, 08:12 AM
I've been trying to collect each figure Hasbro brought out since the 90's, I gave most of my older figures away but when I've seen some collectors on here with hundreds of (different types of) clones, it blew me away! I want to buy some but not as much, maybe create an army of 20 or 30 clones buying them from these guys. I like the vintage clones but the older clones look more movie accurate to me.

Fate
02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I've bought several figures from tunghori. The only one that had an issue was the Asian B-Wing (?) pilot, which had a leg strap that was torn in half.

Always fun getting one of those little carefully-wrapped packages from China.

Fate
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM

By that, I meant action figures.

Spookymufu
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I've bought several figures from tunghori. The only one that had an issue was the Asian B-Wing (?) pilot, which had a leg strap that was torn in half.

By that, I meant action figures.
hahaha that made me laugh

pohatu771
02-16-2013, 01:42 PM
My favorite is when the seller's location claims "North Hampton, UK," or something to that effect, and the package arrives with Hong Kong Post stickers on it.

ReallyMe
02-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Yeah - I forget who that is. I don't buy from that seller because I am wary of those who are patently misleading. I buy from the sellers who aren't afraid to list where they really are, have huge feedback ratings, and respond to messages. "Hey, we're in China, here's our stuff, and here are our policies: here's what we'll do, and here's what we won't do. We'll do our part if you do yours. If you don't agree, don't buy." Straight up - just the way I like it.

GreatGreedo
02-20-2013, 06:32 AM
I bought 5 Imperial Tie Fighter Pilots from Viperskingdom and they are excellent quality! I'm surprised that they sell them this cheaply $27.

ReallyMe
02-20-2013, 04:37 PM
viperskingdom is pretty good. Some of the stuff in that store isn't always my speed, but I've bought from them and liked what I got. Try ws-toys and tunghori from time to time to see what they have. But their stocks are waning as Hasbro slows down production. Many things they used to have, they have no longer.