PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Bossk Action Figure

Mapman
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Just posted to GG's website, new Bossk Jumbo figure:

Bossk Jumbo Kenner Figure (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/80308.htm)

Going to probably have to get this for my 5 year old daughter since Bossk is her favorite character. No, I don't understand it at all either! :wtf:

drmdns
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I like this one. B) I remember having to mail away for Bossk back in the day. :awesome:

John_Solo
01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Too bad GG isn't as good at making these Jumbo figs as they are at scaling up the vintage Kenner figures in Photoshop.

Logray
01-15-2013, 10:16 PM
This news really made my day. I'm very excited to see this line progressing into the ESB figures!

BlueSnaggletooth
01-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Bossk was #1 on my most wanted list. Good times.

Going to update my list in the Most Wanted thread...

-Snags

richkulach
01-16-2013, 01:42 AM
Looks like I will be getting into this line after-all. Bossk will be mine. Now they just need to make a Ree-Yees and My set will be complete. :D

Rich

AussieFortuna
01-16-2013, 06:15 AM
This ones a must get, Bossk is going to look sensational in 12''

SR_501
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
I thought I was out of the game, Then this is comes out...

Shabby_Blue
01-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Even if they don't produce EVERY vintage figure, I'm sure they'll at least give us all the bounty hunters. I bet IG-88, Dengar, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss are offered by the end of 2013 or early 2014.

BlueSnaggletooth
01-17-2013, 03:23 AM
The plan is to do all six bounty hunters. GG mentioned this in passing at SDCC.

-Snags

AussieFortuna
01-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Dengar and 4 LOM, will be right up on my list, with 4 Lom being my most anticipated figure in this line, i cant wait, but lol gee they are big, i have no idea where im going to put them hehehe, but that wont stop me, they just look so good on the cards, i cant bring myself to open them.

plasticlab
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
I hope the paint job is like the prototype in the 30 back photos.

ramy
01-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Can't wait to get this one. I don't see it for pre-order anywhere else though.

BlueSnaggletooth
02-20-2013, 01:59 AM
The plan is to do all six bounty hunters. GG mentioned this in passing at SDCC.

-Snags

Dengar, IG-88, Zuckuss and 4-LOM confirmed today. Good to go.

-Snags

ramy
02-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Dengar, IG-88, Zuckuss and 4-LOM confirmed today. Good to go.

-Snags

Confirmed where?

BlueSnaggletooth
02-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Confirmed where?

Over at Yakface.com

-Snags

AussieFortuna
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
So looking forward to this guy, does 3rd quater mean from july to october? lol i suppose it does, this guys gonna be awesome.

Shabby_Blue
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
So looking forward to this guy, does 3rd quater mean from july to october? lol i suppose it does, this guys gonna be awesome.

No, "3rd quarter" means 1st quarter 2014. :)

BillMulder
05-30-2013, 05:45 PM
No, "3rd quarter" means 1st quarter 2014. :)

Yeah, GG tends to be a bit later than their estimates (and that's being kind). I'm going to guess that since the backlog of figures is cleared up and they only have to get Power Droid and the Comic Con figure out this summer that Bossk may actually be out in September or October.

AussieFortuna
09-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Just had good news from Chris, this will be ready first week of October, so thats in two weeks, BRING ON THE BOSSK.....

Tweekem
10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Recieved my processing notice today... I want all of the bounty hunters now already!

BlueSnaggletooth
10-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Same here. Can't wait for Bossk!

-Snags

AussieFortuna
10-02-2013, 12:29 AM
If this threads any indication, there seems to be little interest in bossk, been up for 9 months and only 20 odd replies, not sure why, i love the bossk, always been one of my favs.

Glitch
10-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Got him today.

His arms and legs are so dark they're almost black. On top of this, they went in and sculpted a bunch of bumps, scales and details that aren't on the vintage figure's head.

Way to go, GG, yet again you find a way to screw up the most simplistic details.

I just put him right back in the shipping box. I'm done.

AaylaSecurasMan
10-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Got him today.

His arms and legs are so dark they're almost black. On top of this, they went in and sculpted a bunch of bumps, scales and details that aren't on the vintage figure's head.

Way to go, GG, yet again you find a way to screw up the most simplistic details.

I just put him right back in the shipping box. I'm done.

Before you do that, one pic please? :grin:

Glitch
10-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Before you do that, one pic please? :grin:

Here's ol' dark limbs and fake face.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo2_zps8271cb6c.jpg

Fake, ugly, resculpted head:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo1_zps77ffde55.jpg

The dark limbs I can almost take because some of the RotJ Bossk figures had this (though not quite this dark), but that resculpted, overly detailed head really bugs me.

EddieU
10-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Here's ol' dark limbs and fake face.
Fake, ugly, resculpted head:
The dark limbs I can almost take because some of the RotJ Bossk figures had this (though not quite this dark), but that resculpted, overly detailed head really bugs me.

Thanks, Glitch--but man, that's disappointing. The limbs I could forgive for the same reason you cite, but WTF, that head!! Not that it was necessary for me to see how severely he's been resculpted, but I just grabbed a Kenner Bossk and inspected his head up-close with an LED flashlight...it's baffling why GG felt the need to do this to him. Isn't it obvious to them after all this time that we want something as close to an enlarged exact copy of the Kenner figures as is possible? What a bummer; Bossk is in my top 5 favorite vintage figures, and I've been looking forward to this all year...but this weird head sculpt loses a lot of the charm of the original.

Glitch
10-08-2013, 10:51 PM
^

Totally agree.

It's just so instantly obvious once you see it in person that it's completely wrong. It's almost like how EU is trying to re-imagine Bossk into some kind of scaly, horned lizard creature.

No thanks.

AaylaSecurasMan
10-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks Glitch, I have to agree with you, he is not the best looking Bossk :(

DarthBeek
10-08-2013, 11:34 PM
How can GG screw these up? Yet, they do.

Shabby_Blue
10-08-2013, 11:51 PM
What happened to the claim that GG is digitally scanning real Kenner vintage figures and then upscaling them? Early on, they discussed that process as a way of boasting how accurate these would be. So why are we now getting original sculpting on these figures instead of simply scanning the real thing as a 3D model to upscale? It's not like a mint condition vintage Bossk is hard to acquire in order to scan. There should have been NO reason to sculpt his head, let alone do it inaccurately with added detail the original never had. :rolleyes:

So is this what we can expect from future figures now? Will any Ewok figures they release have more detailed fur sculpted on their bodies? Will the Emperor have a more wrinkled face and hands? We've already had a few instances of inaccurate colored capes (Leia, Tusken Raider) and inaccurate heights (Blue Snaggletooth), so now we have to also settle for inaccurate sculpting even though it should be a no-brainer to simply do a 3D scan of the original figure without any modification whatsoever!

I swear, it's like Gentle Giant just wants to kill this line and drive away even more of the collectors who were supporting it.

Glitch
10-08-2013, 11:52 PM
How can GG screw these up? Yet, they do.

Totally. Next thing you know, they'll be adding Harrison Ford's chin scar to the Han Hoth figure.

GG: "People expect more detail at this scale."

:wtf:

captainsolo
10-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Thats kind of depressing. Though, ill hold of on total judgement until i get mine first hand. I was looking forward to getting old Bossk

I guess ill go pre-order the Wampa.:disgusted:

VinylSquirrel
10-09-2013, 01:58 PM
What happened to the claim that GG is digitally scanning real Kenner vintage figures and then upscaling them? Early on, they discussed that process as a way of boasting how accurate these would be. So why are we now getting original sculpting on these figures instead of simply scanning the real thing as a 3D model to upscale? It's not like a mint condition vintage Bossk is hard to acquire in order to scan. There should have been NO reason to sculpt his head, let alone do it inaccurately with added detail the original never had. :rolleyes:

So is this what we can expect from future figures now? Will any Ewok figures they release have more detailed fur sculpted on their bodies? Will the Emperor have a more wrinkled face and hands? We've already had a few instances of inaccurate colored capes (Leia, Tusken Raider) and inaccurate heights (Blue Snaggletooth), so now we have to also settle for inaccurate sculpting even though it should be a no-brainer to simply do a 3D scan of the original figure without any modification whatsoever!

I swear, it's like Gentle Giant just wants to kill this line and drive away even more of the collectors who were supporting it.

HI Shabby_Blue - Thanks for sharing your concern. However, each and every figure is digitally scanned from an original figure. We do not do any original sculpting. Of course the digital scan data has to be re-touched delicately in order to create a printable 3D piece. I work directly on this line and can guarantee that is authentic. We will post some images of the digital scan and model along with the original figure. Please send me a PM with your concern in detail if you would like. And if you are not totally satisfied with your piece, and you purchased it directly from GGLTD, then please contact Chris to return this item for a refund.

Dutchskywalker
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to from wich original figure this has been made.
This line has had many errors already.

Tweekem
10-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Mr Squirrel... have you seen the pics on the last page? This head is OBVIOUSLY re-sculpted with things not present on the original and the colors are WAY off. I appreciate the offer for us to get a refund but that is not at all the point. I am picking these up to relive childhood memories in my own way... and to have things go wrong like this hurt not only the fanboys of the product but anyone you are hoping will pick this up at a whim. I am truly disappointed.

...You hurt me...

Dutchskywalker
10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Wow, had not seen the in hand pics, this is truly awful!
Thanks for sharing Glitch!

Quick comparison with al major variations, and non look like the GG Jumbo.
Now I realy want to see what VinylSqurrrel will come up with :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/vintage/vintbosskheadfr.jpg
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/bossk31.jpg

Shabby_Blue
10-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see the Kenner figure GG supposedly scanned, since no known variation of Bossk contains those numerous scales on his head. The level of detail on that head looks more like what we'd get from Hasbro's modern toy line than anything Kenner would have ever sculpted in 1980. I'm really hoping this isn't setting a precedent for future figures in this line. We don't want your -interpretation- of what the vintage figure should look like. Just give us a 100% accurate upscaled version of the original without any single modification.

Glitch
10-09-2013, 07:14 PM
And if you are not totally satisfied with your piece, and you purchased it directly from GGLTD, then please contact Chris to return this item for a refund.

Thanks, I will DEFINITELY be taking you up on this.

Re-touched "delicately?" Really?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/symbot/photo_zps1ec82b72.jpg

M'kay.

I know these are based on scanned figures, but when you go in and sculpt details that are CLEARLY not there, it totally defeats the purpose. Sharpen, but don't cook up totally fiction like you did with Bossk and call it "sharpened."

The people that collect (or once collected) these things aren't idiots, so please don't treat them like they are. We grew up with these things, so we know them VERY well.

How this line can continually suffer from blatant detail, color and scaling issues when you have the original figures right there to work from just blows my mind. This should be about the easiest line on the planet to manage, yet...

Shabby_Blue
10-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Want an even better example? Check out this unpainted hardcopy from Gus' website:

Bossk Unpainted Hardcopy - Star Wars Collectors Archive (http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=78927)

Its detail is even sharper than the final figure, but it still clearly has no scales on that head either! :rolleyes:

Dreamwalker
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u646/Dreamwalkeroso/BOSSK1_zps6389622f.jpg (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Dreamwalkeroso/media/BOSSK1_zps6389622f.jpg.html)
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u646/Dreamwalkeroso/BOSSK2_zps1f81c739.jpg (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Dreamwalkeroso/media/BOSSK2_zps1f81c739.jpg.html)
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u646/Dreamwalkeroso/BOSSK3_zps8f978273.jpg (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Dreamwalkeroso/media/BOSSK3_zps8f978273.jpg.html)
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u646/Dreamwalkeroso/BOSSK4_zpsc00ade82.jpg (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Dreamwalkeroso/media/BOSSK4_zpsc00ade82.jpg.html)

Glitch
10-11-2013, 09:50 AM
^

Seeing the original scan versus the bumpy faced mess that was actually produced only proves our point.

TONS of fake sculpted bumps and details.

AussieFortuna
10-11-2013, 10:03 AM
^

Seeing the original scan versus the bumpy faced mess that was actually produced only proves our point.

TONS of fake sculpted bumps and details.

Agree, and im not sure how GG make their finished model above look like the original head, all glossy and a totally different colour, ive noticed they do this with every figure, when the ones we get are dull with no gloss, id say a bit of photo shopping is going on, or their first shots are totally different to the ones they sell us.

Glitch
10-11-2013, 10:26 AM
^

It's because the figures GG uses in their promotional pics, and often displays at shows, are resin hard copies painted with a glossier paint. The vinyl they use on the final figures doesn't lend itself to gloss. That said, they do use gloss paints occasionally - usually strange places where it shouldn't be used.

Shabby_Blue
10-11-2013, 12:51 PM
I thought we were going to see the original vintage figure that was actually used as the source for the 3D scan. Showing us the computer model of said scan doesn't exactly prove anything, because that could be just as tweaked as any prototype sculpting. I want to see the Bossk figure you used as the source of your scan, since he's apparently a very unique variant none of us vintage collectors has ever come across in over 30 years of collecting. I personally have 6 different Bossk figures with 6 different COOs, and none have the kind of detail on the head that GG's Bossk has.

All that aside, the 3D scan definitely doesn't have the scales on the jawbone and side of the face. So clearly GG sculpted more detail after the fact. If this is what we can expect for all future figures, then I'll be cancelling my pre-orders. I really dread seeing how you guys screw up the ROTJ Jabba's Palace aliens or the Ewoks with unnecessary added detail that was never present on the original figures.

Dutchskywalker
10-11-2013, 01:47 PM
The scan does not look at all like the finished product ......

Sure want to see the figure used for the scans.

http://i57.servimg.com/u/f57/18/53/13/02/bossk210.jpg

flarida
10-11-2013, 01:52 PM
This is not good. I'm all for the need to make design/production judgement calls in order to bring a mass produced item to market. Things like scale, mis-colored capes, matte vs. glossy finish, etc. don't really bother me. But modifying the scan of the vintage figure to this extent is disappointing to say the least. It's absolutely unnecessary to add detail for the market these are supposed to be catering to.

I hope there's a good reason, although I really can't imagine what it could be.

Glitch
10-11-2013, 05:39 PM
This is not good. I'm all for the need to make design/production judgement calls in order to bring a mass produced item to market. Things like scale, mis-colored capes, matte vs. glossy finish, etc. don't really bother me. But modifying the scan of the vintage figure to this extent is disappointing to say the least. It's absolutely unnecessary to add detail for the market these are supposed to be catering to.

I hope there's a good reason, although I really can't imagine what it could be.

I can tell you exactly what the reason was: to try to make it more "visually pleasing" at a larger scale. Sometimes when you scale things you, they tend to look VERY plane. Thing is, we don't love the vintage line for the level of detail. In fact, I think most of us love the charm of their simplicity.

What cracks me up is in the past, there have been details that were lost that went unchanged. Things like the stitching on Han's vest (yes, it's on the 3 3/4 figure if you look really close), Hammerhead's skin texture and the texture and tiny bumps on the Gamorrean Guard's armor. When GG produced these at 12", I didn't have a problem that these detail were lost in the process because I thought they were just that - lost in the process. Now that I see the resolution at which they scan, I'm kinda pissed that they're missing now.

Oh well.....

The bottom line is: don't go in and sculpt details that aren't there to make them more "visually satisfying." We can sniff that stuff out a mile away. I've noticed less offensive examples in the past, but this time it just absolutely KILLED this figure.

Next up, what's the deal with massively undersized Chewbacca and Vader and oversized Leia figures? Don't even get me started on Blue Snaggletooth.

justabigkid
10-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm REALLY getting tired of this garbage. How do you mess up just increasing the size of a figure? You don't have to do ANYTHING except make it bigger yet they still find a way to screw with it. I can only imagine GG does it on purpose to read the posts. Between the $400 Wampa and the inconsistent quality of other figures I'm starting to think I have better things to do with my money.

Tweekem
10-12-2013, 08:53 AM
To be honest I was 100% going to be a completist with this line but after the Wampa price and seeing this mess.. Im only going to pick and choose now. Very few figs are left that I would consider anyway... what a disappointment.

captainsolo
10-12-2013, 09:59 PM
To be honest I was 100% going to be a completist with this line but after the Wampa price and seeing this mess.. Im only going to pick and choose now. Very few figs are left that I would consider anyway... what a disappointment.

Well said!! I was 100% ALL IN for this line. Now, im not sure how this will play out. All I do know is GG is really turning people off and they are pissing away loads of cash from future sales. It doesn't make sense, they had a cash cow here, this was the easiest money maker. Who ever thought of it, is a genius. Who ever is now in charge of it.............

AussieFortuna
10-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Ive basically pulled out of this line now, the wampa fiasco has dampened my spirits, there might be one or two in the future i get, but im now using the money i pumped into these on polish bootlegs, and having more fun doing so, i dont get anything out of feeling like a fool when buying something, and it just no longer feels right to put my hard earned into GGs pockets.

Glitch
10-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Well said!! I was 100% ALL IN for this line. Now, im not sure how this will play out. All I do know is GG is really turning people off and they are pissing away loads of cash from future sales. It doesn't make sense, they had a cash cow here, this was the easiest money maker. Who ever thought of it, is a genius. Who ever is now in charge of it.............

Totally agree....especially that last line. Sadly, I think the damage is already done. That Wampa move was the biggest line killer since the Playmates Star Trek 1701 fiasco.

GG needs a management shake up.

TheGoodDr
10-15-2013, 02:18 AM
First time poster, long time lurker :)

I too had every intention of being a completest with this line, having so far collected every figure and card variation released to date. Whilst unhappy with the cost of the Wampa, I decided to purchase it directly from GG (and paying another $90 to have it sent to me here in Australia) as I shuddered to think what this thing is going to retail for here in Australia with the RRP in the US being $400. However after seeing the final product version of Bossk, the line in the sand has effectively been drawn for me. I won't be adding this figure to my collection and from now on I will be extremely selective about what I purchase going forward.

The additional detail sculpted on Bossk's head goes completely against the spirit of what I thought this line was all about......that being one of nostalgia for those of us who were lucky enough to have played and collected the original Kenner figures as kids. A super detailed head on Bossk is not what I remember and in all honesty this simply kills the innocence that I personally see in vintage toys. If I wanted a super detailed Bossk, I'd by the Sideshow 12" figure. I wanted toys that represented a true up-scale of their vintage counterpart.....the very idea that GG itself sold us as being the inspiration for the Jumbo Kenner line.

DarthMickeyMoose
10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
It just does not make any sense on the Bossk. Why do this at all. And its also strange that a few GG Jumbo's are nailed down perfect and others(Many) are really off the mark.

gijigsaw
10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I actually like the head sculpt, but agree - it takes away from the spirit of the entire line. Causes a slippery slope of what will be changed next.

assemblyrequired
10-16-2013, 11:32 AM
They do that because it will pass the normal / non-collectors eye. They look to have many unskilled designers working for them ...

-James

Kaneda_01
10-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm going to wait until Zuckuss, 4-LOM and IG-88 are released before making a decision to add Bossk and the other Bounty Hunters to my display. I'm hoping Bossk is the only bounty hunter that suffers from Gentle Giant's "re-touched" treatment. Also, hoping all this negative press results in Bossk being clearanced by online retailers... which will make it easier for me to justify pulling the trigger on this one. :O)

vtoys
10-16-2013, 10:48 PM
AGree with waiting, ill probably pick up bossk as well as a completionist of the BH set, but between the sculpt and the Wampa... ugh..

Kevin_Lentz
10-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Bossk arrived today from Razor's Edge. He looks good on the shelf!

Shabby_Blue
10-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Bossk arrived today from Razor's Edge. He looks good on the shelf!

From a distance. Until you look closely at said face.

Glitch
10-26-2013, 08:26 PM

I sent mine back to GG. Is that distance enough? I guess so because it never looked better.

Luke Bespin in the only one I want now. I just know they'll do something stupid to screw him up like paint his eyes, eyebrows or belt brown or something.

Kevin_Lentz
10-26-2013, 08:54 PM

I'm really not that bothered by it. Not a great choice on their part, but I still like the figure.

Mapman
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I was contemplating picking one of these up for my daughter since she has a weird love of Bossk, but I just can't justify giving GG any money for this. I know my daughter would still love it, but that's not enough for me to send GG any amount of money for it. Especially when I've always felt that GG seems to translate sales as approval of what they produce even if it's horribly inaccurate, over priced, has scale issues, paint issues, or any number of issues they have encountered in the past. If it's selling well, it MUST be done right, regardless of the fact that the internet is lite up like Christmas with all the complaints.

Mighty_Jabba
10-28-2013, 12:53 PM
You could always get one secondhand.

Mapman
10-28-2013, 01:05 PM
You could always get one secondhand.

That's the only way I'd buy it and for cheap, but even then I can't help but think it would still feel wrong because SOMEONE still had to pay GG for it.

Yea know, I kind of wonder if the head was originally intended to be painted? I could see them adding extra detail if some of it would have been hidden under the paint, and it would explain why the head has a different looking texture from the limbs????

DarthChristopher
10-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Even Hasbro's 12" Bossk doesn't have the ugly, circular scales around jaw line, see following link. What was GG thinking?

Power of the Jedi 12 Inch Bossk Hand Painted First Shot - Star Wars Collectors Archive (http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=56737)

Kaneda_01
10-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Wow... found one of these for $59.99 shipped online. Still going to wait and hope I can snag one for less. :O)

AaylaSecurasMan
10-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow... found one of these for $59.99 shipped online. Still going to wait and hope I can snag one for less. :O)

Please share link :)

Kaneda_01
10-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Looks like the Ebay seller is down to his last two...

Gentle Giant Star Wars Jumbo Bossk Action Figure Replica New Unopened | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221306473970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)

draven29
10-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Amazon has 5 at 63.99

Amazon.com: Star Wars Bossk Kenner Jumbo Figure: Toys & Games (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Bossk-Kenner-Figure/dp/B00BCXU5LI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383108518&sr=8-1&keywords=gentle+giant+bossk)

J2fold
10-30-2013, 11:37 PM
LOL what was wrong with this figure? I had him on pre order but I forgot all about him turns out I forgot to update my CC so it was declined. I guess I dodge a bullet. Was it really that bad? I will get the Snowtrooper and IG-88 and I am out. That Wampa price was really bad.

Sublevel
11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I got mine today from BBTS and I don't mind it that much. I certainly don't find it as irritating as the Tusken cape!

I don't think I'll be ordering from BBTS again though, I get stung with a customs charge EVERY SINGLE TIME!:mad: Which bumps the cost of these things through the roof for me in the UK.

Although I think I'll be halting my collection of these things soon anyway.

doot
12-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Action Figures Express has this for their deal of the day. You get him free with a $79.99 purchase of select items.

1 Day Free Offer! (http://www.shopafx.com/1dayfreeoffer.html)

I ended up ordering 2 of them to get one free, If anyone is interested in the second one, I'll sell it for my cost off $50 shipped to you. (my order was just shy of $100 shipped for the 2 figures)
USA only.