PDA

View Full Version : Will the ST toy line make you less of a PT completist?

CadBane
01-14-2013, 12:29 PM
My question is since we are getting a brand new trilogy and with that a new toyline will that curtail or completely remove your desire to have every or most pt characters made into plastic? For ex. There was a significant demand for Jo Casta Nu all these years and she is a pretty obscure character only having a few lines. We don't have too many unmade characters from the PT unless you go into real obscure territory and want characters like Mya Nalle and others that were in the Outlander club for ex. . In the OT there is such a strong demand for basically everything that appeared on screen even if it was for a split second in the cantina and even then you can barely see the character in corner. So basically I'm asking is that since we're getting a new toy line will that make finishing your pt collection with obscure characters such as Mya Nalle less of a priority or are you still interested in having every character seen in the pt?

my_kind_of_scum
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't see my desire for obscure PT characters diminishing at all. (in fact, with how well they've mined the OT, my desire for PT backgrounders has continued to increase.) However, Hasbro hasn't had much interest in the obscure PT characters and I see them making even less of them once they start up on the sequel characters. Basically, I will buy any obscure characters they make (and I hope they continue to bring a few obscure PT characters into the mix), but I think the number of them is going to continue to diminish.

Fate
01-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Secondary market prices and storage space issues are already making me less of a PT completist.

Michael_Knight
01-31-2013, 02:36 PM
I will still want them but yeah, I think a new trilogy will spread my attention a bit thinner. I really want Toonbuck Toora any of the Tarnab that show up throughout the PT since they are both crazy looking aliens. Once the new movies come out they may fall a little further down the list if some new aliens prove to be more desirable in the ST.

bigbarada
01-31-2013, 03:50 PM
I've kind of stepped away from Prequel and Clone Wars figures in general. However, I will most likely abandon the Prequels and Clone Wars entirely once the Sequel Trilogy comes out.

Not that I plan to collect the ST figures. I might buy a few here and there depending on the character, but I have no current plans to collect anything outside of OT figures from this point forward. There are still one or two Prequel character choices that might warrant a purchase from me, but those are extremely unlikely to ever be made and will be considered the rare exception, not the rule.

Citizen
01-31-2013, 09:28 PM
The PT movies already made me not want to be a PT completionist starting way back in '99.

As far as the ST goes, it won't have an impact on what I buy for OT/PT/TCW/EU stuff. I pick and choose the figures I want for all of them, will continue to do so, and will do the same with ST figures.

GNT
02-01-2013, 03:44 AM
I'll still buy them all.

Masterfett
02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
There are still several Jedi I'd like to have from EP2, as well as ta few other characters from the trilogy.
Most of my wants are EU related though.

Still unsure if I'll be on board for the ST until I actually see who the characters are, and what the story is about.
I might possibly buy them for custom fodder, but for my actual Collection I'll need more info on what they're about first.

Jason73
02-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I'll probably keep buying all PT figures that are new sculpts.

Keaton33
02-03-2013, 09:05 AM
are we even sure a new trilogy will happen? isnt that all just speculation right now? without lucas it isnt star wars.

bigbarada
02-03-2013, 02:08 PM
are we even sure a new trilogy will happen? isnt that all just speculation right now? without lucas it isnt star wars.

No, they're working on Ep7 as we speak, so it's pretty much confirmed. At least as confirmed as you can get for the movie industry. It might not be out by 2015, but it is on the way.

I'm not really that worried about Lucas not being behind the helm of these new films. In fact, it's because Lucas is stepping back to an advisory role, that makes me optimistic about the new films. I think the Prequels proved that the Original Trilogy wasn't great because of George Lucas, but instead they were great in spite of George Lucas.

Empire Strikes Back is the film that Lucas was the most "hands off" during the making of and it's widely considered to be the best Star Wars film.

Masterfett
02-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Do you even watch or read the news (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/24/jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-vii-movie/1862849/)?

bigbarada
02-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Do you even watch or read the news (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/24/jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-vii-movie/1862849/)?

The writer of that article gives Lucas the credit for the screenplays of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Those two screenplays were actually written by Lawrence Kasdan.

pohatu771
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm not a completist now, though I do buy most figures. They don't cost enough that I have to choose which figures I can of can't afford, so unless Hasbro starts doing more than 100 figures per year, I'll continue buying everything I want.

ZX3
09-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Whether it's PT, OT, ST, or CW, if it's a cool looking character and a nice looking sculpt I will want it.

Even if you don't like the Prequels that much, for the most part I think you have to concede from a design standpoint- characters, settings, vehicles- are still all very interesting looking, in some cases even more interesting than the Original Trilogy.
That's the real shame about the lack of fervor for PT characters- most scenes are so dense with unique and interesting looking characters that they make the Mos Eisley Cantina tame by comparison and yet so few of these will ever see plastic.

At least they made Rum Sleg.

MisterNLD
09-23-2014, 02:25 AM
Same here. With the advent of the ST, I'm beginning to accept that I won't see updates and new sculpts for PT characters. But if Hasbro finds it in its heart to put some out here and there in the future, I'll bite

Maverick10126
12-24-2014, 02:48 PM
A PT Completist? I was already unloading most of my PT figures before I even considered buying ST figures. My focus has shifted to OT primarily. I kept some PT figures but that group gets smaller by the day. I may end up unloading more of them though to make room for some ST figures. I have cut down to three plastic hardware organizer bins to hold my figures. If there's no room for a figure, then I either need to get rid of one or not get it. Btw, these bins are a fantastic way to store figures. The standard drawers are coffin sized and fit most figures perfectly. Some sets include a few larger drawers mixed in. This helps hold the bulkier figures. My wife however thinks it looks like a morgue will all the bodies.

TK_842
12-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Pretty sure my interest for never before released PT character will remain high. Seeing the Saga as a whole, i'll keep buying from any period of time as long as it's SA.

jedimasterc
12-25-2014, 09:33 AM
I have never been a completest. I just buy the figures I want. If there is a figure I can do with out. Then, I would just pass on it. To me buying every figures if you have no need or want for it is just waste of money.

Waggy
12-25-2014, 02:19 PM
I think the Prequels proved that the Original Trilogy wasn't great because of George Lucas, but instead they were great in spite of George Lucas.

This is nonsense. George Lucas created not a great film but an EPIC film. The ESB is considered better by some though not all. I would argue that ANH is a far superior self-contained movie. Yet regardless of which you'd prefer GL 'proved' that he can pull it off with ANH alone. The sacrifices he made, his vision, his passion shines through. GL made ALL the films great. He was the pioneer. He was the anthropology student who created a vast expanding universe. He is the reason you are here on this very forum. The directors/producers that worked alongside GL made them (the films) greater - granted. That's what the movie industry is all about - several people working together and providing their own input. However, there is no way that the OT was successful in spite of GL. Those who worked closely with him will tell you that. They've written books and given interviews on it. Read up.

darthsatan
12-26-2014, 03:40 AM
Very true! Mustn't let one's rabid PT-hate turn one's attitude "twisted and evil" towards OT.
Or you could always try and see the good in all of it :)

Waggy
12-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. Ilove the OT, tolerate the PT and am looking forward to the ST.

**** it it's Star Wars and I LOVE Star Wars! I'm sure we all do.

To bring it back on track to the OP - no I will not be a ST completist just as I'm not an OT completist. Main characters however I will by. Count on it. Assuming they're in 3 3/4 scale!!!:disgusted:

DJ121
12-27-2014, 03:02 PM
I haven't been a PT completest for quite some time. Especially during the Vintage Collection line. I'm not even a completest in the OT. So no, this will not effect my buying choices. I really don't think we are going to see that much more product from the PT anyhow. Maybe a rehash figure here and there. Possibly a new figure once in a great while. I think going forward for the next several years, the focus is obviously going to be the new trilogy as well as spinoff movies. With probably a healthy does of OT figures mixed in.

PROVOST
12-27-2014, 03:58 PM
I have never been nor ever will be a completist collector in any of the various lines of toys I collect.

MARK2D2
12-27-2014, 04:03 PM
I really am intrigued to see what happens with THIS toyline... I mean, there is simply no way I will be able to pass up Episode VII versions of Han, Luke and Leia especially. Hard to believe, but somehow, I have never picked up a modern X-Wing. Space issues... NOT my favorite designs, I dunno. I just never got around to it. But I sure do like those new split wings... If Hasbro produces one with a droid slot -- look out. It will be interesting to see what new toys and vehicles will grab my attention. Already I like that odd speeder Rey flies away on. It's just goofy and oldschool. Very OT in so many ways...

MARK2D2
12-27-2014, 04:10 PM
PS -- The prequels -- despite their problems, were impossible for me to resist. Although, I am proud to say I never bought a JarJar or any other character that truly annoyed me. :)

MARK2D2
12-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Somehow i posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry. Jetlag.

StormtrooperFX
12-27-2014, 04:34 PM
This is nonsense. George Lucas created not a great film but an EPIC film. The ESB is considered better by some though not all. I would argue that ANH is a far superior self-contained movie. Yet regardless of which you'd prefer GL 'proved' that he can pull it off with ANH alone. The sacrifices he made, his vision, his passion shines through. GL made ALL the films great. He was the pioneer. He was the anthropology student who created a vast expanding universe. He is the reason you are here on this very forum. The directors/producers that worked alongside GL made them (the films) greater - granted. That's what the movie industry is all about - several people working together and providing their own input. However, there is no way that the OT was successful in spite of GL. Those who worked closely with him will tell you that. They've written books and given interviews on it. Read up.
Granted, no one should try to minimize Lucas' impact on Star Wars, on both the good and bad, but my impression was that many of the best scenes in the original trilogy arose out of more collaboration among the filmmakers, actors and other people on set. Hamill felt more freedom to make directorial decisions about Luke's character, and Ford often sought opportunities to change lines of dialogue and his actions to stay true to the Han character (e.g., "I know" rather than "I love you, too." I can only imagine how much more tolerable the Anakin-Padme romance scenes would have been if they were encouraged to go off script and create a more authentic vibe.

One of the biggest challenges for the actors in the PT was that virtually every non-human character and every set was added in post-production. It meant that there was less of a collaborative process to improves the scenes, and there was a lot more sticking to the script, even where the scripts were particularly tedious. Things had to be more carefully coordinated, from the pace of an actor's delivery, to the awkward positioning of their bodies, etc. Of course, I don't want to underplay how difficult it must have been to orchestrate and sync all of these pieces together, but I'd argue that they just weren't up to the task at the time.

Notorious_Boba
12-28-2014, 12:48 PM
I was never a completist on both OT/PT eras. So, TBA will be no different. If I like, I buy. I went off track when ROTS/TCW came out and gone clone crazy. Also, was all out on droids & it took me 2 or 3 overhauls to reduce those. Now I have a collector focus. Mechs, Mandos, canon Jedi, Imperial army/GAR SF, all Sith & named clone cmdrs.

Maverick10126
12-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Lucas had a lot of uncredited help on anh. His wife doing extensive editing. His friends the hyuks doing a lot of dialogue work. Coppala giving story suggestions. Not to mention borrowing heavily from the hidden fortress for pacing and scenes. Watch Ben hur and then watch episode 1. It's amazing how he doesn't even disguise where he draws inspiration from. That being said I think he is a visionary. He is a very creative imaginative person who knows how to create an immense universe and tap into our inner child. Where Lucas lacks is as a screenwriter. He's not a bad story teller but he can't write a screenplay to save his life. Read early drafts of star wars. It's painful. Lucas's greatest strength is as a business man as well as taking a good idea and putting it into the hands of someone who can deliver on that idea. There's a reason why he wanted an acclaimed sci-fi writer to come up with the story for empire.

Waggy
12-28-2014, 04:13 PM
All that you have mentioned has been widely known by fans because GL has stated his source of inspiration himself. You're right about the screen play aspect as his first draft for 'The Star Wars' which recently went through a comic book adaptation was heavily political and IMO boring BUT he did refine it. He knows how to tell a good story and the final screen play he eventually wrote is a class 101 in story telling. GL pays homage to his inspiration - that's no secret at all. It's what you do with it that matters and GL not only represented the genre but refined it and arguably created a new one altogether - the space opera.

GL is not just a great business man, he is an accomplished director that has worked on many movies alongside the greatest in cinema history. The likes of Cappola and Spielberg are on record stating what a genius and inspiration he is. GL is a pioneer of many things that affected all branches of the film industry including technical staging, use of CGI, THX and ILM. It is GL amongst others that funded and pushed these boundaries. Let's take it from the experts rather from the armchair wannabes.

jedimasterc
12-28-2014, 04:19 PM
I am going to have to see what the figures look like before I bite. I like the newer X-wing. Looks very sleek looking. I doubt we will them at TF in February. Maybe C7.

StormtrooperFX
12-28-2014, 05:12 PM
All that you have mentioned has been widely known by fans because GL has stated his source of inspiration himself. You're right about the screen play aspect as his first draft for 'The Star Wars' which recently went through a comic book adaptation was heavily political and IMO boring BUT he did refine it. He knows how to tell a good story and the final screen play he eventually wrote is a class 101 in story telling. GL pays homage to his inspiration - that's no secret at all. It's what you do with it that matters and GL not only represented the genre but refined it and arguably created a new one altogether - the space opera.

GL is not just a great business man, he is an accomplished director that has worked on many movies alongside the greatest in cinema history. The likes of Cappola and Spielberg are on record stating what a genius and inspiration he is. GL is a pioneer of many things that affected all branches of the film industry including technical staging, use of CGI, THX and ILM. It is GL amongst others that funded and pushed these boundaries. Let's take it from the experts rather from the armchair wannabes.
Again, no one is saying that Lucas isn't accomplished. He clearly paved the way for modern special effects, and ILM continues to pioneer the industry. Nevertheless, it's arguable whether or not he is a "great storyteller" as far as well-known directors go. But at the very least, what I think is true for anyone - whther you are a great storyteller or not - is that you always need a powerful editor. Someone to look over your shoulder and have some real authority to tell you when something simply doesn't work. There's no shame in that.

Waggy
12-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Again, no one is saying that Lucas isn't accomplished.

And I said this where?

Nevertheless, it's arguable whether or not he is a "great storyteller" as far as well-known directors go.

*facepalm*

GL has an awesom story to tell and he he is a most gifted storyteller. I think this is the one thing everyone agrees upon. The whole of the SW saga is amazing. I'd argue that the PT had a better story viz-a-viz the rise of Darth Vader. It's execution was underwhelming due to a poor script. The overall story/narrative was very strong.

The rest of you'd written I agree with because I mentioned it before. It's no secret that you need editors, producers and other people involved to help out. Unfortunately, it seems as though GL had a lot of 'yes men' around him.

StormtrooperFX
12-28-2014, 05:46 PM
And I said this where?

*facepalm*

GL has an awesom story to tell and he he is a most gifted storyteller. I think this is the one thing everyone agrees upon. The whole of the SW saga is amazing. I'd argue that the PT had a better story viz-a-viz the rise of Darth Vader. It's execution was underwhelming due to a poor script. The overall story/narrative was very strong.

The rest of you'd written I agree with because I mentioned it before. It's no secret that you need editors, producers and other people involved to help out. Unfortunately, it seems as though GL had a lot of 'yes men' around him.
A problem that a few of us are noticing with you is that you take any criticism of Lucas and conflate it with arguments that no one is making. When you respond to things like "he received a lot of scriptwriting help" with "that's BS because Coppola and Spielberg called him a genius," then it's understandably difficult to stay on topic. And you're continuing to do it now. I don't know why you're so reluctant to admit that Lucas is very good in certain areas of filmmaking, and relatively poor at others. Instead, you just keep circling back to the things nobody is criticizing him about, and it makes trying to have a conversation tedious.

StormtrooperFX
12-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Sorry, disregard that last post. Misread you.

But yeah, I would argue that scriptwriting is a big chunk of storytelling. As is directing. You can argue that George Lucas made the best use of a poor script in the PT, but I don't think he did. Having grand, experimental ideas that everyone could respect is not the same as storytelling. At least not in our modern conceptions of it.

Waggy
12-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Though we've strayed from the initial point - GL is a genius period. And I will argue against anyone saying otherwise. He is an amazing storyteller period. His weakness is in script writing esp. dialogue and the PT particularly AOTC is testimony to that. I recently watched a 1997 Parkinson interview with Alex Guinness who says so himself that the dialogue in ANH was bad. And why do we people bring out the point that Kersahw allowed Han Solo to ad lib that one line when Alec states that GL let people make their own contributions at times. In fact GL is well aware of his shortcoming in this department. End of.

GL had an idea - debatable whether it was 3 sets of 3 trilogies or a prequal trilogy and OT on their own - but he had a clear story to tell. What others did was to execute his story. Whether it was the Heroe's Journey, The Force, Good v. Evil, the Bounty Hunters Saga, Rise of Darth Vader, there was plenty of interwoven stories there with innovative twists and turns. Did he ahve people help him, advise him and guide him along the way? Who didn't? Name one. In short, there are people who are very good at storytelling but awful when it comes to producing a decent script (dialogue, felshing out the plot and characterisation). In film form this is further complicated by variables such as chemistry between actors, delivery of lines, setting, editing, sound etc. If to you both storytelling/scriptwriting are one and the same then the point is moot. But there's a difference between a story - narrative arc - and script writing (how it is portrayed in dialogue and characetrisation). But I have no problem is dragging this out any further.

Oh and when you quote me please refer to the text that I was responding to as that would help place my quotes in their appropriate context. ;)

Anyway, we both seem to agree on the main point - great story but iffy scripts. If we don't agree, I'm sure we'll live with it.

Happy scumming.

OdinsDad
12-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I've been selling off my PT stuff. I'm down to SA figs only and loving it.

DarthMickeyMoose
12-29-2014, 01:29 AM
http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif

2008http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JPO1?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B00005JPO1) (Writer-Ughh Horrible story outline with no hope even with Spielberg at the Helm 2005http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JLXH?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B00005JLXH) (Director/Writer) -see below comments 2002http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Star Wars - Attack of the Clones (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006HBUJ?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B00006HBUJ) (Director/Writer)-see below comments 1999http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Star Wars - The Phantom Menace (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00003CX5P?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B00003CX5P) (Director/Writer)-Ughh-oh boy yeah pure Genius-you can tell when Lucas is the head writer 1989 http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014C2FX8?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B0014C2FX8) (Writer) -again not written by Lucas just the outline 1984 http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014Z4ON4?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B0014Z4ON4) (Writer)-Again written by others not Lucas 1983http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FQVX78?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000FQVX78) (Writer)-yeah Lucas had much to do with this and it shows-in his mind he still wants to change some things! More Noooooooooo's for Darth me thnks! 1981 http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif Raiders of the Lost Ark (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014Z4OMU?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B0014Z4OMU) (Writer)-Again outline only by Lucas-Another much much better Director made this Movie http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FQJAJG?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000FQJAJG) (Writer)-Again he just outlined the story- the best stuff was not written by him. A much better Director than Lucas made this Movie

http://www.destinationhollywood.com/imf/page/holder.gif
Star Wars - A New Hope (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FQJAIW?ie=UTF8&tag=dhc-tributes15-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000FQJAIW) (Director/Writer)-Had lots of help with both on this Movie.He gets all the credit but take a look at the film credits to see some real Genius's at work

Masterfett
12-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Very true! Mustn't let one's rabid PT-hate turn one's attitude "twisted and evil" towards OT.
Or you could always try and see the good in all of it :)
I've never really understood the extreme hatred towards the PT. Sure it wasn't your's & your Father's Star Wars, but it wasn't meant to be. Just as the OT was aimed at a target audience back then, so was the PT in the 2000's.
IMO the PT has just as much wrong with it as the OT, we simply grew up with the OT. BUT, as I watch it today as an adult. I can see some very silly stuff, and aspects that don't fit. Or that I don't care for.
I'm not saying the PT is better, just that it has to be looked at with different eyes. The PT is proof, that you can't do prequels 20 years after the sequels!

Doop
12-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Probably. I've never been much of a PT completist, but I'm focusing on the ST in coming years, so I'm snatching up TCW figures while I can off Amazon.

fumetti
12-30-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm much more concerned about how this new shift to 5POA will impact the production of SA figs for the new trilogy.

No POA pretty much means I won't be buying many figs. (I'll still buy ships, tho.)

AnakinSkyguy
01-01-2015, 12:27 AM
I'll always by PT items.

JediMerc
01-01-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm generally only interested in PT if they're previously unobtainable alien characters or figures with great features (i.e. EpII Anakin w/ball-joint hips, etc.). So I won't have a problem with skipping any PT figures...if they even come out anymore...

gijigsaw
01-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I am a completist only if it comes in Kenner Vintage style packaging. OT-PT-ST. Bring it on.

Nerdherfer
01-05-2015, 06:33 AM
My purchaces aren't really based on particular movie scenes I might try to recreate. I did that back in the early 80s, but now it's more about characters that fit into a certain scene I want to imagine myself. So I might just get anyone who looks like they belong in a bar from either trilogy and any of them won't look out of place in Jabba's Palace, or just any spaceport cantina maybe. Just at a time other than what was shown in the movies. Fewer constraints that way.

I really really miss Star Wars Galaxies by the way.

I think most characters from the new feature will be fair game. As long as I can play head swap and make some lazy customs. That's like therapy for me.

The stormtroopers will no doubt look cool. They'll score a purchase based on that alone.

my_kind_of_scum
01-05-2015, 11:23 AM
With Hasbro backing off on the PT, I find myself more excited when a never-done PT character is shown than a never-done OT character... (Not that either happens often enough anymore...)

MARK2D2
01-05-2015, 11:29 PM
I've never been a PT completist, but the ST will probably kill my tiny appetite for PT figures... I have a feeling I am going to be retro loving OT characters as ST figures...

Shadow_Imperium
01-09-2015, 08:32 PM
I've never been a completist, If I like something I'll get it, if I don't more $ for me.
While I've switched to mainly OT, I'll still buy any new Wookie and Jed...not named Skywalker, Kenobi, Yoda, or Windu, on the spot. The rest don't concern me, but I still think they should have a presence.

Tyranusspotting
01-12-2015, 06:01 AM
The more PT figures, the merrier. Still so many sweet never-before-made figures left to make that would make every diorama and toy shelf feel more complete.

Rocket_Back
01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
The Sequels will only influence my vehicle completest nature. Definitely going to have to be choosy as far as ships go because they take up so much space. Figures, on the other hand, I'm game for all of them at least as far as my focuses go (the films).

EmperorPalpitate
01-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Do they even make PT toys anymore, other than the played-out trio of Ani/Obi/Maul? :grin: I haven't bought a PT figure in over 12 years, and unless the ST figures are SA, I won't be buying any of those either.

Nerdherfer
01-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Do they even make PT toys anymore, other than the played-out trio of Ani/Obi/Maul? :grin: I havent bought a PT figure in over 12 years, and unless the ST figures are SA, I won't be buying any of those either.

12 years? Damn. So you don't have any clones with ball jointed hips or even removeable helmets? Just shows the diversity in the collecting fraternity. I didn't give more than a passing glance at Star Wars figures until super articulation became the norm. At least not since the vintage days. Static poses are even less useable than straight up and down mission series/vintage style for my money. It was cool to see some joints added in the ROTS line though, even if a little clunky. The previous POTJ was a decent line, however it still didn't garner much interest. Surely the increase in sales for SA figures speaks for itself. Hasbro is just trying to lead the fanbase along and trick them into buying whatever they offer?

Not this little black duck!

I can see hasbro offering 5 POA for the first couple of films and then bringing articulation back again so they can sell the same characters multiple times as per usual. This will fulfil my hatred for hasbro once this again comes to pass. They deserve no more respect than a phone company that overcharges you via direct debit for the life of a 24 month plan. My anger will be complete.:mad:

Masterfett
01-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Seriously, 12 years?! If you're not into PT figures that's fine. But if you are, surely you would have bought the new Naboo Royal Guard and Naboo Pilot. Those two were great looking figures, IMO! Even if they weren't from the most popular film.

Peasant disguise Anakin and Padmé were nice as well, not to mention TVC KIt Fisto. I could easily go on with several other figures such as Aayla, Barriss, and Luminara etc. but I'll stop there.
Granted they are all basically redos of previous figures, but very nice updates regardless!

While the argument could be made, that there aren't any interesting characters left unmade from the PT. Thus why we're left with resculpts. I could argue there are still a few left to do. Of course with PT on hold, it's likely we will never see those characters in figure form. At least not in "our" lifetime. Nor anything less we've been waiting 20-30 years for...

EmperorPalpitate
01-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Seriously, 12 years?! If you're not into PT figures that's fine.

Yeah, not a PT fan at all. I don't hate the PT, but it kinda leaves me cold. I bought all the PT toys when they were coming out the same time as the films, but after my disappointment in ROTS, I sold it all off. The only items I've picked up over the years are that skull-faced dude in the space suit, cuz he'd fit right in to a cantina diorama, and TVC Jango, cuz the card looked cool. That's it!

MysterioMaximus
01-21-2015, 01:41 AM
For my money, nothing ever made me a prequel completest to begin with. But any new line has nothing to do with it. The story of the PT has to do with it. I buy random, varied, PT characters at best. Ones I like almost out of context. Whereas I buy aliens in the OT that are on screen for less than three seconds. Why? Because the OT is a better story, not because of nostalgia (though admittedly maybe some has to do with why I buy an alien that's on screen for said less than three seconds...but not Luke, Vader, Han, Leia, Etc), but more so because I feel like like the PT is just crap. And I will never get clone collectors. Hey, here's the same figure I have...100x...but with a green mark instead of blue. Do not get it!

yodaloha
01-23-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't see my desire for obscure PT characters diminishing at all. (in fact, with how well they've mined the OT, my desire for PT backgrounders has continued to increase.) However, Hasbro hasn't had much interest in the obscure PT characters and I see them making even less of them once they start up on the sequel characters. Basically, I will buy any obscure characters they make (and I hope they continue to bring a few obscure PT characters into the mix), but I think the number of them is going to continue to diminish.

Bring 'em on!! The Weirder and obscure the better... I'l buy!

Nerdherfer
01-27-2015, 05:46 PM
And I will never get clone collectors. Hey, here's the same figure I have...100x...but with a green mark instead of blue. Do not get it!

It's called Army Building. Legions and rank, colours change. Not for everybody, evidently.

Notorious_Boba
01-27-2015, 11:30 PM
It's called Army Building. Legions and rank, colours change. Not for everybody, evidently. I had a rule of three when it came to clones. An Officer and 2 of their troops. Things change and now it's named clone officers only.

Nerdherfer
01-28-2015, 12:27 AM
I had a rule of three when it came to clones. An Officer and 2 of their troops. Things change and now it's named clone officers only.
Like stormtroopers you can never have enough clones. I loved the comic pack variants like Commander Faie and the Order 66 stuff was usually something extra, like a westar rifle or an unnamed arc trooper with some nice paint detail on a range finder or something.

Being a completionist for clones isn't for the feint hearted obviously. Especially if there are several clone variants that come in several different colours just to start things off! lol With the Clone Wars cartoon and the plethora of individual clones, I almost feel sorry for anyone who went down that route. Commander Doom in season 6 was cool and lame at the same time. What was next? A team of commandoes called the Fantastic 4?

Maverick10126
01-28-2015, 10:38 AM
This thread is very interesting. There are a lot of people mentioning how they are being more selective or how they have scaled back their collection to a very minimalist size. Can we get a new thread going? What figures do you consider the bare essentials of your collection? Kind of like a deserted island and you can only take so many figures with you scenario. It's such a diverse group of collectors out there, it would be interesting.

matto
01-28-2015, 01:27 PM
I used to buy a lot of OT & PT. It got to be too much and so I chose to cut out almost all PT. I still have a few things, mainly characters who are tied to or in the OT. But there is very little of that. I liked it, along with much of the EU stuff too. But its just a priority thing now. With ST, I have not decided how I will respond. If its good, I'll buy good bit of it probably. If its 5POA, I'll be very disappointed and save lots of money.

Masterfett
01-28-2015, 08:47 PM
I had a rule of three when it came to clones. An Officer and 2 of their troops. Things change and now it's named clone officers only.
I had that same rule, when I first started with Clones. ^ Then graduated to 1 Commander, 2 Capt./2 LT's, 2 Spec-Ops, and 6-8 troops. And that was for each Battalion/Color. Now I've gotten away from Army building altogether, and just buy the Commander/Named Clones.

This thread is very interesting. There are a lot of people mentioning how they are being more selective or how they have scaled back their collection to a very minimalist size. Can we get a new thread going? What figures do you consider the bare essentials of your collection? Kind of like a deserted island and you can only take so many figures with you scenario. It's such a diverse group of collectors out there, it would be interesting.
That's interesting, though I have a few lists personally. But if I had to do a Desert Island scenario, that would be very tough indeed! I hope that's a list I never have to resort to!
But I have been considering scaling back, and getting rid of all the secondary/background stuff.

Maverick10126
01-28-2015, 09:11 PM
I had that same rule, when I first started with Clones. ^ Then graduated to 1 Commander, 2 Capt./2 LT's, 2 Spec-Ops, and 6-8 troops. And that was for each Battalion/Color. Now I've gotten away from Army building altogether, and just buy the Commander/Named Clones.

That's interesting, though I have a few lists personally. But if I had to do a Desert Island scenario, that would be very tough indeed! I hope that's a list I never have to resort to!
But I have been considering scaling back, and getting rid of all the secondary/background stuff.

I don't know how many figures to cap it to though. Would 60 be fair? I know my wife dreams of me hitting that number, lol.

Notorious_Boba
01-28-2015, 09:11 PM

The named clones are in tcw only.

darthsatan
01-29-2015, 02:39 AM
I disaGREE.

JVM
01-29-2015, 04:50 AM
The named clones are in tcw only.

Many of the Clone Commanders were named in ROTS or press material related to it, before the cartoon - Cody, Gree, Appo, Bly, Bacara, Deviss, etc.

Notorious_Boba
01-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Many of the Clone Commanders were named in ROTS or press material related to it, before the cartoon - Cody, Gree, Appo, Bly, Bacara, Deviss, etc.
That's correct. But, I'm referring to the non officers that are not named except for Oddball in ROTS.

Nerdherfer
01-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Seriously, 12 years? If you're not into PT figures that's fine. But if you are, surely you would have bought the new Naboo Royal Guard and Naboo Pilot. Those two were great looking figures, IMO! Even if they weren't from the most popular film.

Peasant disguise Anakin and Padmé were nice as well, not to mention TVC KIt Fisto. I could easily go on with several other figures such as Aayla, Barriss, and Luminara etc. but I'll stop there.
Granted they are all basically redos of previous figures, but very nice updates regardless!

While the argument could be made, that there aren't any interesting characters left unmade from the PT. Thus why we're left with resculpts. I could argue there are still a few left to do. Of course with PT on hold, it's likely we will never see those characters in figure form. At least not in "our" lifetime. Nor anything less we've been waiting 20-30 years for...

Agreed, there are so many great PT TVC figures, it almost doesn't matter which scene from which movie they are from. As figures themselves they're outstanding and I would agree with your list above. I never thought I'd bother with peasant diguise Anakin, but the detail and head sculpt were too good to ignore.

If I had to pick one PT figure from that line, I'd go with Aayla Secura. That figure just ticks all the boxes and I cannot fault it. It's so easy to put it in so many plausible meaningful poses, even retaining her alluring femininity. I never thought I'd hear myself say that about a 3.75" Star Wars figure, but it can do more than the actor did in her brief scenes.

On the other hand, if we were to see a Naboo Lake Padme, it wouldn't matter how great that figure was. The memories would be too painful to have that figure on the shelf. If only it was a deleted scene.

Masterfett
01-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Aayla Secura was done very well, which depresses me when we see something like Cankles Leia made. Not necessarily that figures, as it's an older one. But any figure today made with bulbous ankles and whatnot, when it clearly can be done right is appalling!

Trooper31
02-06-2015, 06:16 AM
I'd still be willing to buy certain PT figures, even some PT updates. I guess for me, the question is what will be offered. If they make (or Remake) some of the Naboo Royal Guards or whatever the ones are called that wear the yellow jodpuhrs and officer caps or a new alien, I'd be interested. If they make another "new" ROTS Ani or Obi, then Forget it.

Unfortunately, I think most PT/OT figures will be mains and some troopers.

Masterfett
02-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Agreed, these are the updates I'd like to see.
http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/e1adigalliacloakfr.jpghttp://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/e1panakafront.jpghttp://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw03ssJHC2depafr.jpghttp://www.rebelscum.com/potj/potjeethkothpush.jpghttp://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/EP1naboosecurityfr.jpghttp://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0529kiadimundifront.jpg

I've always wanted updates of these two ever since the Geonosian Rodian figure.
http://www.rebelscum.com/clonewars/CWarmyjeditwilekfr.jpghttp://www.rebelscum.com/clonewars/CWarmyjedihumanfr.jpg

I also wouldn't mind if Bacar and Bly got updates to the TVC Clone mold.

This one I'd like to see given justice, by getting better representation! Some SG's and a little more articulation.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0535palpatineAfront.jpg

This one could use some help too!
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS/rots0525tarffulfront.jpg

Droidworld
02-10-2015, 01:52 AM
I was never going to buy any prequel trilogy figures, or so I told myself back in 1999. I have lots now.

I am currently telling myself, that I will not be buying any Sequel Trilogy figures....except the cool robots....troopers.....um I give up!?! I'll end up with lots I'm sure.

Darthdaddy141
02-10-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm an OT freak,but I'm getting into PT figures recently.I'll probably go crazy for ST figures too. In the end,I'll own them all.lol

GNT
02-10-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm an OT freak,but I'm getting into PT figures recently.I'll probably go crazy for ST figures too. In the end,I'll own them all.lol

You'll have 100s of people trying to offload their TPM figures on you now ;)

my_kind_of_scum
02-10-2015, 10:37 PM
I wish Hasbro would finish up a couple of the PT scenes that they are so close to finishing, like the podracers (thank goodness for As Is Film Models), the Separatist council, the senators overlooking the clones at the end of AOTC, etc... Of course, I wish they would tackle more backgrounders from the likes of Dex's Diner and the Outlander Club (Kalyn Farnmir would be so cool to have...) , but I know that isn't going to happen...

Darthdaddy141
02-11-2015, 09:28 AM
You'll have 100s of people trying to offload their TPM figures on you now ;)

.........................................:wtf:

Trooper31
02-20-2015, 02:22 AM
I wish Hasbro would finish up a couple of the PT scenes that they are so close to finishing, like the podracers (thank goodness for As Is Film Models), the Separatist council, the senators overlooking the clones at the end of AOTC, etc... Of course, I wish they would tackle more backgrounders from the likes of Dex's Diner and the Outlander Club (Kalyn Farnmir would be so cool to have...) , but I know that isn't going to happen...

That would be a goo way for Hasbro to Focus on something to do from the PT. I guess once they go to mixed waves again in 2016, I hope they have enough main characters from whereever toanchor the wave, so they can throw out some needed backgrounders from all sources.

Masterfett
02-20-2015, 11:07 AM
To be honest, unless they decide to release Zayne or some other long sought after figures. There really isn't much they can do to get me back on board, and committed to the line like I used to be.
While mixed waves would be nice in theory, I already know it will be rehash city... Aside from the few and far between choices like Yakface.

But part of my disinterest in the line stems from their anti-EU mentality.

Internets
02-20-2015, 11:17 AM
thank goodness for As Is Film Models

What's this?

Tyranusspotting
02-22-2015, 08:48 AM
^ A RS user who does great custom sculpts of among others, never-before-made Podracer pilots.

my_kind_of_scum
02-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Yep. Check out asisfilmmodels.com for some really amazing sculpts.

You can see my attempts at painting the podracers in my customs thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1117166/

DarthNexus
04-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Not at all, the PT is my favorite, the story, the characters, the music! Duel of Fates in episode I? Battle of Heroes in Episode III? Oh my goodness it's moving! I don't understand all the hate on the PT, sure the dialogue was kinda eh but it was that as well in the OT
Luke: Father!
Darth Vader: Son
I kinda always giggle at that part in Episode V haha

Maverick10126
04-28-2015, 09:21 AM
I just don't know what to say to that...

The only thing that came to my mind is the idea that maybe the entire PT is a music video? If you look at it that way then yeah it'd be more enjoyable.

bigbarada
04-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Luke: Father!
Darth Vader: Son
I kinda always giggle at that part in Episode V haha

Which part of ESB are you talking about exactly? :confused: It's been a few years since I've watched the movie, but I know that I've probably seen it well over a hundred times in my lifetime and I don't remember that little excerpt of dialog at all.

Anyways, saying "the OT wasn't perfect either" is kind of the go to defense for anyone trying to argue the merits of the Prequels. This notion that you need to criticize the OT in order to defend the Prequels really just lends credence to the idea that the Prequel films have few, if any, redeeming qualities. If the Prequels had strong, positive merits then they should be immediately obvious to anyone watching the movie and there would be no need to try to tear another movie down in order to defend them.

Plus, most of us lifelong OT fans went into the Prequels fully expecting to love them. We might have even convinced ourselves that we did love them for many years, but eventually the flaws, the plotholes, sloppy storytelling, and the skewed logic just piled up to a point where we simply couldn't take it anymore.

Of course, the OT has similar flaws, plotholes and skewed logic, but the difference is that ANH and ESB are great films and ROTJ is a pretty good film. Thus, the flaws in those movies are easy (or easier) to overlook for the most part. The Prequels were not good movies, so the flaws come right to the forefront and are impossible to ignore.

darthsatan
04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Correct! or, to quote one of the weakest OT moments' "From a certain point of view". Oh, my bad! It was all properly planned out in advance and there was no on-the-fly plotting at all, honest.

ROTS is a great film I think. Indeed, if you look at it as a quadrilogy it works very well. I'm still mid-process selling off my PT collection though.

Maverick10126
04-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Plus, most of us lifelong OT fans went into the Prequels fully expecting to love them. We might have even convinced ourselves that we did love them for many years, but eventually the flaws, the plotholes, sloppy storytelling, and the skewed logic just piled up to a point where we simply couldn't take it anymore.

Of course, the OT has similar flaws, plotholes and skewed logic, but the difference is that ANH and ESB are great films and ROTJ is a pretty good film. Thus, the flaws in those movies are easy (or easier) to overlook for the most part. The Prequels were not good movies, so the flaws come right to the forefront and are impossible to ignore.

Exactly how I feel. I went to every midnight showing. I saw TPM 6 times in theaters. I saw AOTC 3 times and ROTS twice in theaters. I defended TPM. I tried to "fix" AOTC by re-editing it. By the time ROTS rolled around all I could think is "please don't mess this one up, it's not that hard, it's all there, we all know the basics of the story of this one."

As the years went by I thought about it more and more and realized the things I liked about the prequels weren't even really that great.

I couldn't even say I liked the lightsaber fights. I started to see how all that speed of the fights was just an overly choreographed dance move and not like a realistic fight. How they could CG the droid to shoot at Obi-wan instead of have Obi-wan actually look like he's reacting to shots being fired at him. I hate that shot of Obi-wan running up the stairs deflecting Super Battle droid shots at the beginning of ROTS when they are fighting Dooku. He's not even moving his saber and the droids are just shooting at his lightsaber.

My favorite fight is still the fight from Empire. It has just enough skill and random chaos to make me believe it. I don't have to watch Anakin hold his arm out to the side so Dooku can cut it off.

So I find myself not being a fan of the story, only a fan of part of the action, not a fan of the characters. All I have left is I like some of the design. I like Plo Koon (don't know why) and the phase 2 clone troopers (although I hate the clone aspect of it). I like Ewan's take on Obi-wan...some of the time. It's not enough for me anymore.

DarthNexus
04-29-2015, 01:15 AM
Which part of ESB are you talking about exactly? :confused: It's been a few years since I've watched the movie, but I know that I've probably seen it well over a hundred times in my lifetime and I don't remember that little excerpt of dialog at all.

Anyways, saying "the OT wasn't perfect either" is kind of the go to defense for anyone trying to argue the merits of the Prequels. This notion that you need to criticize the OT in order to defend the Prequels really just lends credence to the idea that the Prequel films have few, if any, redeeming qualities. If the Prequels had strong, positive merits then they should be immediately obvious to anyone watching the movie and there would be no need to try to tear another movie down in order to defend them.

It's when Luke is in the Millennium Falcon and staring off into space and they're communicating with each other telepathically.

I don't think i was really criticizing them either as much as noting the similarities between the two... to say I was criticizing the OT would also have me criticizing the PT as well which I wasn't really trying to do haha they both have their silly parts, "are you an angel" ye it's silly it's corny, but Star Wars is full of cheese and I love it for it. :grin:
I mean I love the OT and the PT pretty equally. Their all great films in my opinion, I get that some of the stuff is silly or that you guys don't like it, but to me it's all awesome.

Trooper31
04-29-2015, 03:56 AM

That is very true about u wanting to love the PT. I think TPM isn't a bad Story, but it's almost the wrong Story because it leaves way too much for the last two films of the trilogy. AOTC crammed in the detective and Jango Story as well as the love Story between Ani and Padme which then left way too much for ROTS. ROTS then had to cram in so much that in the end, a lot of it felt forced.

Had TPM introduced an older Anakin and have him start learning under Obi-wan and the beginning of the Clone Wars, it might have helped. Then in AOTC could have brought us the end of the Clone Wars and end with Anakin turning to the dark side. The ROTS could have been some hunting down of the Jedi and of course the birth of Luke and Leia.

Maverick10126
04-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Had TPM introduced an older Anakin and have him start learning under Obi-wan and the beginning of the Clone Wars, it might have helped. Then in AOTC could have brought us the end of the Clone Wars and end with Anakin turning to the dark side. The ROTS could have been some hunting down of the Jedi and of course the birth of Luke and Leia.

Sadly, this is pretty much how the first draft of TPM was setting things up. Obi-wan was older thus Anakin as a character was going to be older. Instead Lucas couldn't figure out how to have a Jedi running around by himself so he invents Qui-Gon so Obi-wan could have someone to talk to. Qui-Gon takes all the parts Obi-wan was going to do and Obi-wan does nothing for the most part.

I would have loved to see an older Obi-wan say roughly 40 taking on Anakin at about 20 to train. It would have been a nice parallel to Luke's training and could have highlighted how Luke succeeded where Anakin failed. It also would have added an extra dimension to Obi-wan turning his story into more of a tragedy. Making it more about his failure as a teacher than Anakin just being a lame student.

MartyMcFett
04-29-2015, 09:57 AM
The saving grace is the Clone Wars cartoon. It made the prequel stuff much more interesting and enjoyable.

darthsatan
04-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I know I was gutted that the poisonous school milk storyline never made it into a proper film scene.:P

my_kind_of_scum
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
I have to say I find the PT a whole lot more rewatchable than the majority of the Clone Wars...

OdinsDad
04-29-2015, 02:09 PM
PT has at least 2 hours of awesome material. Clone Wars is largely boring politics and drama. i still loved it, but my kid got bored often.

Maverick10126
04-29-2015, 02:14 PM
2 hours? Did I miss something?

bigbarada
04-29-2015, 05:04 PM
It's when Luke is in the Millennium Falcon and staring off into space and they're communicating with each other telepathically.

You might need to pop the movie in your Blu-Ray player again and give it another watch. That's not how that scene goes.

PT has at least 2 hours of awesome material.

Yeah, those behind-the-scenes documentaries on the Blu-Rays were pretty cool. ;)

DarthNexus
04-29-2015, 10:46 PM
You might need to pop the movie in your Blu-Ray player again and give it another watch. That's not how that scene goes.
Well first Vader calls out Luke's name and then that happens.
It's an hour and 56 minutes in?

Maverick10126
04-30-2015, 12:17 AM
To me that scene was incredibly powerful. "Ben, why didn't you tell me..."

darthsatan
04-30-2015, 02:05 AM
"Ben, why didn't you tell me..."

"Because that bloody director was fibbing and making it up on the fly."

Maverick10126
04-30-2015, 11:45 AM
"Because that bloody director was fibbing and making it up on the fly."

IMPOSSIBLE! GL has said that he had all the stories written out before. All 6, wait no, he said 9. Hmmm, now that I think about it, wasn't it 12? Well, whatever number he says exists must be true! It was all planned out, every single story, ever single element. Even Samuel L Jackson as Mace Windu, all decided in the 70's.

I'm just amazed that he knew he would be able to go back and "fix" his movies one day. I know he always intended for Han to step on Jabba's tail but technology at the time wouldn't allow it.

_Darren_
04-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Um.

As of now no!!

as much as Hasbro has released some stinkers(In all it's brand refreshes since POTF2)im keeping them all.

Yes I'm a hoarder....Yes even missile R5 and Monkey Leia and Jagger Throne room Luke.

but I liked the original Destroyer droid. And that Sidious is still the best Emperor they've done(sans prune-lightning withering)

the quality control now is at an all time low. I'm hoping that they somehow integrate the amazing recent sculpts(stormtrooper,Wicket)with more articulation and less sloppy paint apps.

And of course George was making it up.....

i remember watching TESB with my Pop aged 8 and simply flat out denying that Vader was Lukes dad.

I also remember many playground conversations about why Vader told the lie and what was his motive. Come the release of ROTJ.....I was expecting the cliffhanger to be resolved as soon as the crawl faded into space.....

The absolute blasé way that it was handled.....it seemed Luke had aged about 10 years and that he hadn't bothered finding out....he'd time to build a frickin lightsaber,get a haircut,visit the tailor and hone his skills to include force-choking and extreme telekinesis with levitation. ( and if you're an EU lover,Xizor and SOTE as well)

Near the end of TESB,the half dead Luke asked "Ben....why didn't you tell me??......"it seemed like a pressing issue.

took his time finding out....sloppy writing,George,sloppy writing.....

Darren

jedimasterc
05-03-2015, 06:56 PM
PT has at least 2 hours of awesome material. Clone Wars is largely boring politics and drama. i still loved it, but my kid got bored often.

You're right about the Political stuff in Clone Wars it really bogged the series down mainly in season 3 I think. It got pretty boring pretty quick

my_kind_of_scum
05-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I always liked the political scenes of the PT and TCW. Found it fascinating, for the most part.

DeckOfficer
05-04-2015, 05:38 PM
My little PT interest will go to zero. The only characters I liked from PT were items that could pass as legitimate EU material. I'm open to the Force Awakens. It looks really good. If Hasbro makes large wing black TIE Fighters, I might dive in. If they go economy on the 3.75" merch, I might stay away.

jedimasterc
05-04-2015, 05:54 PM
I tend to agree. It's going to depend on what is going to be available come Sept 4th. I am not really sold on the look of the new Stormtroopers. I guess I will se the film or see what the figures look like in person.

JediMerc
05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I think the PT made me less of a PT completist...and I'm not even one who disliked the prequels. The characters were just more 'blah' than the OT, IMO.

Maynard
05-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Im not a completist, but this movie (and the subsequent ones that Disney will make at least once a year from here on out) will have no effect on my collecting of figures from the films 1-6 made about the life & death of Anakin Skywalker (meaning: George Lucas' story). He has said a zillion times that HIS STORY, the Story About theLife & Death of Anakin Skywalker, is now over.
Nothing has ever effected that before (books, comics, etc.), nor will anything after. I am always entertained by those books,comics, video games, etc. While watching, reading, whatever, it entertains me, sure......but it ties into GL's story(about Anakin) about as much as watching an NFL game ties into it. That is just my humble opinion, however. Everybody watches and enjoys things in different ways and this is just my view. Im sure many others have their own, and I respect their's as well.

Maverick10126
05-13-2015, 02:17 PM
George likes rewriting history.

ANH was not about Anakin, it was about Luke.

Vader=father wasn't invented until ESB. That story, was once again not about Anakin. No character arc for him.

Only in Jedi when the name Anakin was invented did Anakin become part of the story. Even then, Jedi was still not about Anakin. If Jedi was about Anakin then where was he for half the movie while Luke was dealing with Jabba? If your story is about someone you don't leave that character for half the movie.

The PT were absolutely about Anakin. Except for Episode I which wasn't really about anyone.

George likes claiming that all the movies were all about Anakin now that the PT exists.

Read old interviews, the OT was about Luke and his Hero's Journey. Remember all that talk about Hero of a Thousand faces and how George made the modern myth using the ideas from that book as a template. His hero is Luke and Luke goes through all the stages to perfection.