PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in buying out a large MOC modern collection (POTF2, EP1, POTJ)?

Kapiyva_Exotics
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
I am considering selling my entire modern collection and focusing exclusively on vintage for now. At this point I am not wanting to split this stuff up. I am thinking $2,000 shipped insured Priority for everything. I could also probably be convinced to trade the entire lot for one or two nice vintage pieces (AFA 80-85 21 back Boba Fett, double telescoping Luke, VC Jawa, etc, etc). Here is the list, pics will come later, keep in mind all items are MOC in C8-C9 condition:

1. POTF2:

-Red Card collection (26 carded figures, 1 of each figure released on red cards, does not include all variations).

-Green Card collection (52 carded figures, 1 of each figure released on green cards, does not include all variations).

-Theater Edition Jedi Knight Luke.

-Classic edition 4 pack (2 tears on the box).

-All 3 red card deluxe figures.

-All 4 green card deluxe figures.

-All 3 Max Rebo Band Pair 2 packs.

-All 3 gunner station deluxe figures.

-All 5 Electronic Power F/X figures.

-All 7 Millennium Coin figures (Leia is a Tri-Logo).

-All 4 Princess Collection 2 packs.

-Oola and Salacious Crumb mail away.

-Mace Windu mail away.

-Kabe and Muftak mail away.

2. Shadows of the Empire:

-All 5 purple carded figures.

-Both comic book 2 packs.

3. Expanded Universe:

-All 9 green carded figures.

4. POTF2 Freeze Frame:

-All 56 carded figures, 1 of each figure released on green cards, Weequay is a Tri-Logo.

5. POTF2 Flashback Photo:

-All 11 carded figures, 1 of each figure released on green cards.

6. POTF2 Commtech:

-All 10 carded figures, 1 of each figure released on green cards.

7. Episode 1 Commtech:

- All 50 carded figures, 1 of each figure released including 4 battle droid variations and 2 destroyer droid variations, Sio Bibble is a Tri-Logo.

8. Power of the Jedi:

- All 57 carded figures, 1 of each figure released including 2 scout trooper variations.

-2 sneak preview figures.

9. Obi Wan Kenobi Force FX lightsaber w/ removable blade:

-has been opened and displayed but is in perfect condition.

I think that's about it, to summarize you are looking at right around 325 packaged figures (carded, deluxe, two packs, etc) and an Obi Wan lightsaber....would be a good lot for a store. If anyone's interested PM me.

pohatu771
01-08-2013, 03:22 PM
$3000 seems like a lot. Not many people are interested in figures that old, and the going rate seems to be about $5 per figure, with a few exceptions.

Kapiyva_Exotics
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
That comment sounds so odd to me (from a vintage collecting standpoint). Price is by no means firm, anyone interested feel free to shoot me an offer...most are definitely $5-$7 figures. There are a few that are worth quite a bit more, i.e. the FF Tri-Logo Weequay and EP1 Sio Bibble....and the multi figure packs are worth a bit more as well.

$3000 seems like a lot. Not many people are interested in figures that old, and the going rate seems to be about $5 per figure, with a few exceptions.

HonestAbe
01-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Unfortunately, your expectations for these is too high IMO.

I've seen people sell individual POTF and Ep1 figs, at various times, for $1.00-$3.00 a piece. Plus, selling in one lot (bulk) normally constitutes a better overall price, too.

The value of these figures is not quite what you think it is. You can always hope to get up to $7.00 each for most of them, there is always hope, but there is also reality. :D

On another note, you may want to provide some type of feedback from somewhere since A) you're pretty new here, and b) you are attempting to sell $3,000 grand worth of toys! :)

Just my two cents...

Kapiyva_Exotics
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
$3,000 was really not my expectation, just a number I threw out for the sake of starting somewhere as I really hadn't gone through everything and looked at prices. After doing some research and going through eBay prices on collections I think I am going to go ahead and drop it down to $2,000 shipped via insured priority...shipping is going to be pretty expensive. Ebay feedback can be seen here: eBay My World - damesta (http://myworld.ebay.com/damesta)

redwillow
01-09-2013, 07:35 AM
That comment sounds so odd to me (from a vintage collecting standpointproblem is those lines are not vintage and they're not up to modern day figure standards either. They're tweeners and right now Those 3 lines are generally considered to be the least desireable to collectors..... and they are for sale everywhere.

3. Expanded Universe:
-All 9 green carded figures.
Just for comparison i purchased these 9 last year on mint cards for $30 shipped on ebay.
You may want to consider piecing out the collection to try to get more.