PDA

View Full Version : SS 1.1 Boba Fett Question???????

MasterCollector
10-20-2012, 10:49 AM
I just received my sideshow 1.1 fett bust and it arrived damaged,The T-visor was chipped off at the bottom..does anyone know how to replace it or repair it..the buyer I bought it from was on ebay and they also have a store in NY,they are telling me that it was inspected before shipping and that it was mint..well when I opened it up they never taped the styrofoam back together and the brocken off piece was not in the box..so it wasnt from shipping..
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/hhh1.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/hhh1.jpg) http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/thumbs/ggg.jpg (http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/ggg.jpg)

BenObi_70
10-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear. I guess you could contact Sideshow but you shouldn't have to repair it. The seller should take it back for a full refund. If they don't you've got a Paypal/ebay claim.

MasterCollector
10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
They put in a insurance claim and he wants to offer me a partial refund if I can fix it..so if I can figure out how to take the helmet off and need to find a T-visor..

ozzy1400
10-21-2012, 07:50 AM
So...they put in an insurance claim (for the full value I'm sure), but are only offering you a partial refund? No way man. For the price that bust brings...I agree with BenObi_70 on this one. File an eBay/Paypal claim if they won't give a full refund.

MasterCollector
10-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I just talked to them and they insured it for $500 so he said Id get the 500 and the bust,but I still want to get it fixed...I orderd a new t-visor for it I just have to figure out how to install it...this is also if the insurance claim goes thru..

Jay_the_Lesser
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Have you figured a way to get the helmet off?

MasterCollector
10-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Not yet,I have to take it to the post office for inspection today but theres no screws or anything were I see that I can detach the helmet..theres screws for the bottom part of the T-visor but I cant get in there to to get to the top screws. I got into a big fight with the people that sold it to me..the swear up and down that they just opened it up for inspection but theres NO white tissue thats suppose to cover all the parts like antenna,bust and more.The place is in seneca NY..world hollywood ent...or hollywood collectables.

BenObi_70
10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Are you sure you're going to get the $500 promised to you? Unless the post office gets proof of insurance, proof of value, and proof of damage, they don't pay up.
I was once in a similar situation with a seller who packed a $325 statue like crap and I then got into a fight about it. I tried to recover from the post office but the problem was that the seller had the insurance slip (even though I paid for insurance on ebay) and he was uncooperative at that point. The PO sent me $100 but I was out the $225.
That's why I was saying just file a Paypal claim, send the statue back, and try again elsewhere.

MasterCollector
10-23-2012, 12:09 PM
They filed the insurance claim,but heres the kicker..the piece thats brocken off the front of the mask was NOT in the box,I checked both boxes and everything.I told them that its not a insurance problem as I think they sent me a brocken bust..they swear up and down that it was only opened up for inspection,well theres no tissue paper that was suppose to be covering everything and the brocken off piece is missing..I actually told them that they lied to the post office and it was insurance fraud and they keep saying its not.Its going to cost me $71 to ship it back to them plus the post office told me not to ship it till they inspect and they can close the case they filed.

MasterCollector
10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Just got back from post office and they are going to deny the claim and call the postal inspector,theres something fishy about the whole thing he said.I opened up the dispute thru ebay..

Gartogg
10-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I hope it all works out for you one way or the other mate... I get upset about a mini bust being delivered with damage let alone a SS 1:1 Boba.... Such a shame

Good luck and keep us posted on the result

Jang0
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Just got back from post office and they are going to deny the claim and call the postal inspector,theres something fishy about the whole thing he said.I opened up the dispute thru ebay..

Fishy? are they trying to accuse you?

MasterCollector
10-23-2012, 09:29 PM
No they think its fishy that the piece that was Brocken off is not in the box and that they would file a insurance claim after I told them that it wasn't damaged during shipping.

Jang0
10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Ah I see, good, for a moment there I thought they were trying to switch the blame. It definitely sounds like someone damaged it and then sent it off without informing anyone else it was broken, unless the whole store is in on the fact they sent you a dud.

d_edwards
10-24-2012, 05:10 AM
I believe ebay changed it so now on a item not as described issue that the seller now has to pay for the return shipping.

MasterCollector
10-24-2012, 03:41 PM
If I have to ill send it back COD,and as long as I add the tracking thru ebay It should be fine..my replacement t-visor arrived today but im waiting to hear from them before I try and fix it..I also filed a complaint thru BBB and left negative feedback.Told them if they make this right I ll retract all my complaints.

Msjedi36
10-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Ebay should cover your purchase if the seller doesn't refund you the money. I hope it works out and you can fix it or you get a full refund and able to found another one. This is a very nice bust. Good luck

MasterCollector
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
The seller has agreed to refund me back $200..the wife was able to trim the t-visor that is on the bust just a little and straighten it out and it looks pretty good,about a quarter inch had to be cut off,so I didnt have to even use the t-visor I bought.

MasterCollector
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Sideshow emailed and they are going to replace the fett for free,this is the 2nd time they have came thru and fixed something for me that's arrived damage from another vender.customer service is 100 times better than efx.

Gartogg
10-27-2012, 10:56 PM
WOW that is very good of SS

I'm glad all is working out for you