PDA

View Full Version : Future of Comic Packs

Pages : [1] 2 3

Choi
07-17-2012, 06:44 AM
-In one of their SDCC interviews (I don't recall which one, if anyone else does, could you post a link?) Hasbro mentioned that they were discussing the return of comic packs. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or ideas for possible future packs?

Galactic_Emperor
07-17-2012, 07:06 AM
That would be awesome. Comic Packs were the best way to acquire new EU figures. There are so many of those packs I'd like to see...

Trooper31
07-17-2012, 07:33 AM
I think it's a great idea and would really like to see it return. Hasbro has some new sources to use now and it would also be great to see some EU versions of Luke, Han, and Leia as well.

b8design
07-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Love the comic packs. It would be great to see those last couple get rereleased as you have to pay over £100 for them on the secondary market.

Internets
07-17-2012, 08:09 AM
These things got me back into collecting. I'd love to see a return.

smithrm65
07-17-2012, 08:22 AM
I would like to see them too. Maybe they are starting to listen to the collector on things. Do the characters that were high on fan voting and sold a lot of comics for dark horse and they could have a winner. Plus Marvel super heroes comics still are being made so perhaps it is still profitable

Galactic_Emperor
07-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Love the comic packs. It would be great to see those last couple get rereleased as you have to pay over £100 for them on the secondary market.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get the Exar Kun/Qel-Droma pack for a reasonable price when it came out but I missed the Master Tholme one.

Wishing_Well
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
This gives them a chance to hit the invasion comics.

Atari
07-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I always loved the Star Wars comic packs. I've started collecting some of the Marvel Universe figures because of the comic packs they have in that line.

jlw515
07-17-2012, 09:08 AM
YES!! I would totally love to see them re-visit the comic packs. There was a rumor at one time of another ANH comic pack with Han and comic "Jabba" (i.e. Mosep). Comic packs would also be an awesome way of getting some updated or never before released Shadows of the Empire figures like Dash Rendar, Snoova, Guri, etc. And hey, who knows, maybe a comic pack would be the only way to ever see a Jaxxon figure.

Jason

Deathbymonkeys
07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd love to see them come back. Maybe anakin solo can finally get his figure.

urbnns69
07-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Is this just rumour, or is this actually happening? Might be a good way to get figs like Jacen and Jaina Solo back on the market, as well as Darth Revan and Darth Malak.

Hope it turns out to be true.

JediMerc
07-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Is this just rumour, or is this actually happening? Might be a good way to get figs like Jacen and Jaina Solo back on the market, as well as Darth Revan and Darth Malak.

Hope it turns out to be true.

There's no guarantee that it's going to return, but the big wigs at Hasbro did mention the possibility of looking at them with some more viable comics and characters in the future. One of the interviews, don't remember which one, seemed to mention that they'd look at new comic packs as exclusives at certain retailers instead of the mass release many of them received a few years ago. Even doing that would be a step in the right direction!

Krayt
07-17-2012, 09:55 AM
I would like to add that when they talked about the return of comic packs they said they were working with Dark Horse about the return. So in my guess that would mean no old comics, so no Marvel comic packs. At least that is the way I read it.

So does that mean we finally get something from Dark Times, get Zayne from KOTOR, new Dawn of the Jedi Xesh...
This could be really, really good. Can't wait to hear more

Rune_Haako
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Nimbus Commando and Alto Stratus

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090927041933/starwars/images/5/59/NimbusCommandos-GaW.jpg

http://img1.starwars-holonet.com/holonet/dictionnaire/photos/droid_assassin_a_2.jpg

Choi
07-17-2012, 10:16 AM
-It would be a bit dissapointing not to include the Marvel packs, if only because it would exclude Jaxxon, but I suppose that's due to the pegwarming Marvel sets from the original run. If this does come to light, I hope we at least get the rumored Noghri/Ralraa and Nimbus Commando/Alto Stratus sets. It would also be nice to see Dass Jennir/Bomo Greenbark and Jastus Farr/Makiss.
--If these do come out, and are exclusives, that would probably be for Hasbro's to test the market, and if they do well, may then see widespread retail release.

Krayt
07-17-2012, 10:24 AM
I think the Nimbus Commando and Alto Stratus might be too small a niche to be a comic pack. I think Hasbro if they do return with this line will want to have at least one figure per comic pack that has at least some name associated with it at least from the comic if not the Star Wars universe as a whole. Commando/Stratus appear in what a total of four issues out of an 83 comic series run? Even then they aren't the main characters during that stretch. The Padawan Pack are the main characters during that arc. I think Hasbro will want to have named characters because they believe that would help the packs sell

JediMerc
07-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I think the Nimbus Commando and Alto Stratus might be too small a niche to be a comic pack. I think Hasbro if they do return with this line will want to have at least one figure per comic pack that has at least some name associated with it at least from the comic if not the Star Wars universe as a whole. Commando/Stratus appear in what a total of four issues out of an 83 comic series run? Even then they aren't the main characters during that stretch. The Padawan Pack are the main characters during that arc. I think Hasbro will want to have named characters because they believe that would help the packs sell

I think they're kind of admitting that new comic packs would essentially be "niche" by throwing out the idea that Marvel packs would be out AND the mention that these would likely see more limited 'exclusive' release. If that is indeed the case, then they wouldn't need to cater to such a large audience and could focus onthe more interesting "niche" characters that we know would actually sell through. I mean, how many people outside the EU-loving SW fan has really heard of even Zayne Carrick, Dass Jennir, Jariah Syn, Alto Stratus, etc.? These are he characters we would support; leave the major characters out (unless they have some really cool looking outfit from a comic source)...

urbnns69
07-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I think they're kind of admitting that new comic packs would essentially be "niche" by throwing out the idea that Marvel packs would be out AND the mention that these would likely see more limited 'exclusive' release. If that is indeed the case, then they wouldn't need to cater to such a large audience and could focus onthe more interesting "niche" characters that we know would actually sell through. I mean, how many people outside the EU-loving SW fan has really heard of even Zayne Carrick, Dass Jennir, Jariah Syn, Alto Stratus, etc.? These are he characters we would support; leave the major characters out (unless they have some really cool looking outfit from a comic source)...

Making them exclusive could be a bad thing depending on where they are exclusive to and how much they charge.

I didn't buy any of the EE Exclusive packs. For the most part, I like to see the product I am buying prior to purchasing it to verify paint apps and articulation. If these are online exclusives, then there will be very little interest in them from me.

Darth_Martus
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Agent of the Empire please :D

Quatermass
07-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Anybody for a multi pack of Hoojibs?

darthsatan
07-17-2012, 12:27 PM
As a hater of EU.....I'd actually be glad to see the comic Packs return, albeit in a more limited scope.
There were just way too many of them in my opinion.
I did pick up a few releases for backgrounders where they were appropriate however and didn't mind the Marvel sets at all. The Ewoks especially were fantastic.

Koth
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Anybody for a multi pack of Hoojibs?

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Koth
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
And Kiro and Dani and Rik and a carbonite Rodian. I would die happy if I had these.

Krayt
07-17-2012, 01:06 PM
As a hater of EU.....I'd actually be glad to see the comic Packs return, albeit in a more limited scope.
I did pick up a few releases for backgrounders where they were appropriate however and didn't mind the Marvel sets at all. The Ewoks especially were fantastic.

I am actually really surprised to hear you say that

JediMerc
07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Making them exclusive could be a bad thing depending on where they are exclusive to and how much they charge.

I didn't buy any of the EE Exclusive packs. For the most part, I like to see the product I am buying prior to purchasing it to verify paint apps and articulation. If these are online exclusives, then there will be very little interest in them from me.

I hope that, if they are going to be exclusives, then they could be released on a limited scale to TRU or Target. Target keeps getting the Special Action Figure packs and when those run out, what next? Comic packs would fill that void nicely, assuming Target wants to continue with exclusive multi-packs like those. TRU seems content with exclusive vehicles. Getting a decent mix of exclusive comic packs at Target (more mass market appeal characters) and maybe an online retailer like EE (for more niche characters)...

Wishing_Well
07-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe this will give a chance for that cancelled Wookiee and Noghri comic pack to return!

wedgeswingman
07-17-2012, 02:48 PM
YES YES YES and YES AGAIN!!!! This needs to happen, especially with the new comic series that they've put out the last few years. Zayne Carrick and the KOTOR cast are top priorities! Also a rerelease of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma would be fantastic, not to mention some more guys from Tales of the Jedi. And that's not to mention the Rogue Squadron guys yet to be made;):grin:B)

CaptainJack
07-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I would like to add that when they talked about the return of comic packs they said they were working with Dark Horse about the return. So in my guess that would mean no old comics, so no Marvel comic packs. At least that is the way I read it.

I believe Dark Horse owns the reprint rights to all the old Marvel books, so this is not necessarily the case.

Galactic_Emperor
07-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I have some time before me and I'm gonna try and list all the comic packs I'd like to see (I'll probably forget a few of them)...

• Naga Sadow & Ludo Kressh
• Odan-Urr & Memit Nadill (or Freedon Nadd)
• Nomi Sunrider & Arca Jeth
• Xesh & ?

• Zayne Carrick & Marn Hierogryph
• Lucien Draay & Haazen
• Alek & the Revanchist
• Mandalore the Ultimate & Cassus Fett

• Teneb Kel & Sith Emperor

• Lord Hoth & Lord Kaan

• Nimbus Commando & Alto Stratus
• Sora Bulq & Bok/Morgukai

• Dass Jennir & Bomo Greenbark

• Guri & Dash Rendar

• Noghri & Wookiee warrior
• Joruus C'boath & Captain Pellaeon
• Kam Solusar & Sedriss QL/Emperor's Dark Jedi

• Jariah Syn & Cade Skywalker (V2)
• Darth Krayt (V2) & Darth Wyyrlok
• Roan & Marasiah Fel
• Wolf Shazen & Shado Vao
• Morrigan Corde & Morlish Veed

ScorpioAttack
07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Would definitely like to see the CPs make a comeback - one of Hasbro's best ideas IMO.

Krayt
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
I have some time before me and I'm gonna try and list all the comic packs I'd like to see (I'll probably forget a few of them)...

• Naga Sadow & Ludo Kressh
• Nomi Sunrider & Arca Jeth
• Xesh & ?
• Zayne Carrick & Marn Hierogryph
• Lucien Draay & Haazen
• Alek & the Revanchist
• Mandalore the Ultimate & Cassus Fett
• Teneb Kel & Sith Emperor
• Lord Hoth & Lord Kaan
• Nimbus Commando & Alto Stratus
• Sora Bulq & Bok/Morgukai
• Dass Jennir & Bomo Greenbark
• Guri & Dash Rendar
• Noghri & Wookiee warrior
• Joruus C'boath & Captain Pellaeon
• Kam Solusar & Sedriss QL/Emperor's Dark Jedi
• Jariah Syn & Cade Skywalker (V2)
• Darth Krayt (V2) & Darth Wyyrlok
• Roan & Marasiah Fel
• Wolf Shazen & Shado Vao
• Morrigan Corde & Morlish Veed

Those are some great idea.
With Xesh, my first thought would be Trill

Eventually we might great more from that series if it keeps going as good as it is.

Galactic_Emperor
07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Those are some great idea.
With Xesh, my first thought would be Trill

Eventually we might great more from that series if it keeps going as good as it is.
I trust you on this one, I actually haven't read the Dawn of the Jedi comics yet. I just thought Xesh's armour looked pretty cool.

okcomputer
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I was a massive fan of the Comic Packs. They were what got me back into collecting SW after a few years of ignoring the line.

If they want to bring them back as a way to continue making EU figures without using a slot in the main line (except for the occasional video game or novel character) then it seems like a win/win.

Wishing_Well
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I'd drop the basic line in a heart beat and focus on these if they return from the grave.

Krayt
07-17-2012, 05:52 PM
I trust you on this one, I actually haven't read the Dawn of the Jedi comics yet. I just thought Xesh's armour looked pretty cool.

It's an interesting series, I love Jan's character designs. She has to be my favourite comic book artist at the present time...
So far from the first arc there are a handful of choices they could do. I doubt Trill would be high on Hasbro's list right now though but she is high on mine.

I am wondering if we could get Anakin Solo out of the Invasion series. He is missing from my Solo family

Notorious_Boba
07-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Fenn Shysa and Toobi Dala in all new sculpts and armor.
----------------------
"He's no good to me dead.":awesome:

Masterfett
07-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Honestly I'm not sure I want Comics to return, I just think it's a useless avenue to include the comic when that money could be used for tooling.
Then maybe they wont cut corners on the figures.

Also maybe the packaging should be smaller to take up less shelf space and be more retail friendly, just utilize the Geonosis Arena sets or Droid factory pckag as a template for just 2 figures.

That said, I'd like to see the following some day
Alto Stratus
Captain Pellaeon
Darth Wyyrlok
Dash Rendar
Dass Jennir
Lord Hoth
Lucien Draay
Marasiah Fel
Morrigan Corde
Noghri
Roan Fel
Vergere
Wolf Sazen
Xesh
Zayne Carrick

tanksmasher
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM

So does that mean we finally get something from Dark Times, get Zayne from KOTOR, new Dawn of the Jedi Xesh...
This could be really, really good. Can't wait to hear more

I don't think that implies no old comic packs. It just tells us that Dark Horse will play a big part. If they have some characters in mind, like Jaxxon, who they think are popular, they probably wouldn't restrict themselves from doing a Marvel release.

Toonimator
07-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Funny thing is, if the Comic Pack line had decent budgets and Hasbro had actually hit the major comic characters (at the time), they probably would've covered everyone in the packs they already released. Instead we got so many Lukes and Hans and missed major (for comics) players like Zayne Carrick, the lead character of the whole KOTOR series. :P

I'd be down for them coming back, of course... especially if it means we'll finally get that Noghri figure, and maybe get repacks of some of the tougher-to-find ones (especially Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma). There's Dawn of the Jedi, Knight Errant, and Invasion to draw figures from (repacks of Jacen & Jaina, for instance, and maybe a Jedi Anakin Solo with Invasion's lead character?), and--perhaps the most interesting, yet maybe the dullest--the upcoming 'Star Wars' ongoing. It'd have 'new' versions of Han, Luke, and Leia (she's been said to have her own X-wing and be out in the thick of things, so X-wing Leia would be a simple figure to do--like I said, potentially dull! I wouldn't mind an X-wing Leia, provided her pack-mate isn't just a repainted Luke or Han). Wedge'll be involved, but hopefully the artist will give him his Rogue Squadron: Phantom Affair 'civilian' clothes (or something similar) as a great potential figure idea, so we can get something besides an X-wing Wedge repack or that train-wreck New Republic Dress Uniform figure.

jedi_shadow
07-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I really liked the comic packs when it wasn't marvel based or with main characters. They should use comic packs strictly for EU characters.

Okami
07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't know anything about EU stuff, but I bought several of the old comic packs (and wanted to get several more but didn't get the chance) because they had Jedi/Sith dudes in them. If we can get more of that, I'd love to see them return.

wedgeswingman
07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Funny thing is, if the Comic Pack line had decent budgets and Hasbro had actually hit the major comic characters (at the time), they probably would've covered everyone in the packs they already released. Instead we got so many Lukes and Hans and missed major (for comics) players like Zayne Carrick, the lead character of the whole KOTOR series. :P

I'd be down for them coming back, of course... especially if it means we'll finally get that Noghri figure, and maybe get repacks of some of the tougher-to-find ones (especially Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma). There's Dawn of the Jedi, Knight Errant, and Invasion to draw figures from (repacks of Jacen & Jaina, for instance, and maybe a Jedi Anakin Solo with Invasion's lead character?), and--perhaps the most interesting, yet maybe the dullest--the upcoming 'Star Wars' ongoing. It'd have 'new' versions of Han, Luke, and Leia (she's been said to have her own X-wing and be out in the thick of things, so X-wing Leia would be a simple figure to do--like I said, potentially dull! I wouldn't mind an X-wing Leia, provided her pack-mate isn't just a repainted Luke or Han). Wedge'll be involved, but hopefully the artist will give him his Rogue Squadron: Phantom Affair 'civilian' clothes (or something similar) as a great potential figure idea, so we can get something besides an X-wing Wedge repack or that train-wreck New Republic Dress Uniform figure.

Whoa whoa whoa, what's this series? Have i been missing something? Leia in an X-wing outfit huh? Cool, I'll go for it, another pilot, and Wedge in his leather jacket too. Also, Xesh should be paired with that red headed babe.

tanksmasher
07-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Weren't they going to do a Luke in a white X-Wing suit as well, or am I thinking of something else?

BenShysa75
07-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Weren't they going to do a Luke in a white X-Wing suit as well, or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, you're correct. Like the Luke on the cover of Marvel's series (issue 45):

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/mvsw045mar.jpg&text=Star%20Wars%20%28Marvel%29%2045)

Toonimator
07-17-2012, 07:57 PM
They were... it was to come with a Han that, if memory serves, was kinda lame. But we didn't get to see much in the way of pics of those (kinda like the Noghri & Ralrra)

As for the new series (it's basically overwriting Dark Horse's EMPIRE and REBELLION, covering the same time frame of in-between ANH & ESB), you can read a bit about it here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39579). Alex Ross provides cover art, Carlos d'Anda the interior art, and Brian Wood writes. There's not a whole lot in that timeframe I'll be disappointed if it's overwritten, aside from Tank being an Imperial Officer. I HATED how that played out in REBELLION, but liked the start of it at the end of the EMPIRE series. If the CPs return, I hope they jump on doing up characters from the new series--and that, aside from the obvious 'gimme' of X-wing Leia, that any 'main OT characters' released are very cool & unique. Like a Yavin Luke without his jacket at the least extreme end if they don't go all-out with options on the upcoming upgrade (as it's a good 'mission' outfit for him as seen in the previous EMPIRE series, and would match the Preproduction Photo Luke outfit). But no plethora of Vaders. Unless Vader's dressing-down by the Emperor involves him being punished by having to survive in a different suit for awhile, I'd rather not see any Vaders AT ALL in the CP line. He's been done to death. We got Infinities White Atonement Vader, Infinities Astral-Plane Vader, and some 'it's really no different at all' Vaders. No more!

BenShysa75
07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
It would be nice to see the comic packs make a return. I still want JAXXON !!!!

Dark Horse recently reprinted the old Marvel series in Omnibus format, so hopefully some of the younger
fans get exposed to the mighty Lepus Carnivorous!

wedgeswingman
07-17-2012, 08:23 PM
They were... it was to come with a Han that, if memory serves, was kinda lame. But we didn't get to see much in the way of pics of those (kinda like the Noghri & Ralrra)

As for the new series (it's basically overwriting Dark Horse's EMPIRE and REBELLION, covering the same time frame of in-between ANH & ESB), you can read a bit about it here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39579). Alex Ross provides cover art, Carlos d'Anda the interior art, and Brian Wood writes. There's not a whole lot in that timeframe I'll be disappointed if it's overwritten, aside from Tank being an Imperial Officer. I HATED how that played out in REBELLION, but liked the start of it at the end of the EMPIRE series. If the CPs return, I hope they jump on doing up characters from the new series--and that, aside from the obvious 'gimme' of X-wing Leia, that any 'main OT characters' released are very cool & unique. Like a Yavin Luke without his jacket at the least extreme end if they don't go all-out with options on the upcoming upgrade (as it's a good 'mission' outfit for him as seen in the previous EMPIRE series, and would match the Preproduction Photo Luke outfit). But no plethora of Vaders. Unless Vader's dressing-down by the Emperor involves him being punished by having to survive in a different suit for awhile, I'd rather not see any Vaders AT ALL in the CP line. He's been done to death. We got Infinities White Atonement Vader, Infinities Astral-Plane Vader, and some 'it's really no different at all' Vaders. No more!

Well there goes continuity. I'll be interested to see Leia in an X-Wing flying shotgun for Luke and Wedge.

Krayt
07-17-2012, 09:05 PM
The new comic series called Star Wars, to me is just a bad idea. It is the same time as Empire and Rebellion which they cancelled because they said it overlapped too much and things were just confusing. So why throw out yet another new series in that time period, to me just makes no sense. Zahn has excellent books set in the time period, others have put out stuff in the time period. So are they just going to ignore everything and do whatever they want? Don't understand this idea, not really looking forward to it...

As for the cancelled comic pack of White flight suit Luke and yet another basic Han. I really don't want this to come about. It was so basic and unappealling. It was comic packs like that as to why the original comic packs didn't do as well...

I am really curious what direction Hasbro would want to take with the new comic packs...
Curious, if they did Kerra Holt which series look would they take for her? Every arch she has a whole new look

tanksmasher
07-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah, the Han was terrible but they might pack the Luke in with someone else next time around. Here's a link from GH:
http://www.galactichunter.com/image_bank/misc/eecomic-7825.jpg

Toonimator
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
The new comic series called Star Wars, to me is just a bad idea. It is the same time as Empire and Rebellion which they cancelled because they said it overlapped too much and things were just confusing. So why throw out yet another new series in that time period, to me just makes no sense. Zahn has excellent books set in the time period, others have put out stuff in the time period. So are they just going to ignore everything and do whatever they want? Don't understand this idea, not really looking forward to it...
In a way I like the concept, because Wood's pretending that nothing exists besides ANH. It's kinda like rebooting the OT-and-after EU, but with the benefit of knowing what happened in the other films. Marvel didn't know what was gonna happen after ANH, so they had a lot of limitations. Clone Wars-era was off-limits mostly (aside from a story of Ben during the Clone Wars in a Marvel issue). Post-ROTJ EU didn't know anything about pre-OT for several years, and kept having to revise things--even newer post-TPM stuff--when each new movie was released.

So they were all burdened to various degrees. NOW, all the movies are done. TCW's still going on, and the fates of several characters there are unknown, but I doubt Wood's ever gonna delve into Ahsoka, Cad, or Hondo's histories. Unlike George and his "Hey, look, it's Jabba & Bib Fortuna & Chewie & Baby Boba Fett" PT, I think Wood's gonna go "Hey, 20 years have passed... we don't need to see a bunch of characters who were active during the Clone Wars." He wants to tell stories about the Big Three (and Chewie) during those 3 years when, still, there's not a WHOLE lot written (aside from Marvel). EMPIRE and REBELLION covered a lot of ground, but not always very well. The decision to kill EMPIRE and start REBELLION always bugged me (especially with the nose-dive the art took, and the introduction of those Rebel Supercommando suits stolen from Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D.). I'm not sure with how those series overlapped too much or things were confusing; at the time they were published, NOTHING else was really going on in that time period. Yeah there was Marvel, which the continuity gurus at Lucasfilm were still a bit wishy-washy on, but that was it. Zahn's books hadn't really started. Even now, there's only a couple I think--I have yet to read 'em, so I don't know how much Big Three action there is in 'em.

One way to look at this, perhaps, is as "Ultimate Star Wars". Another reality, like Marvel's Ultimate Universe. Here, tho, all the movies (and, in theory, TCW) happen still--so it's still largely the same backstory, the same events, etc, and it'll still progress towards ESB and ROTJ. But everything else is maybe up for grabs. Wood wants to recapture a bit of that naivete of the Marvel comics from back in the day, so potentially we'll see guys like Jaxxon and Crimson Jack and Kiro and Dani and Rik Duel and others, but perhaps in different fashions & stories--like Ultimate Marvel. Sure, Spidey fights Doc Ock and Green Goblin and all, but Norman Osborn doesn't just go insane and put on a Halloween costume to become the Goblin. Cable isn't the son of Cyclops & Maddie, he's Wolverine sent back from a dark future. Nick Fury isn't a white super-agent from WWII, he's Sam Jackson. Stuff like that. It has potential. And while Lucasfilm may move forward with it as the new official continuity, we'll still have our EMPIRE/REBELLION & Zahn books, or our Marvel SW. Like other EU, we can choose to select our own canon, and ignore the pieces that don't fit or we don't like.

Rogue1969
07-17-2012, 11:14 PM
I'd just like a Winter. Is that too much to ask? They can package her with Leia, Tycho, the Solo twins, or Kapp Dendo. I don't care.

GrandAdmiralJSK
07-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Please let this happen. There is so much potential in these areas that was left largely untapped by repacks and crappy Marvel repaints in the last go-around.

JediMerc
07-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Wood's pretending that nothing exists besides ANH. One way to look at this, perhaps, is as "Ultimate Star Wars". Another reality, like Marvel's Ultimate Universe. Here, tho, all the movies (and, in theory, TCW) happen still--so it's still largely the same backstory, the same events, etc, and it'll still progress towards ESB and ROTJ. But everything else is maybe up for grabs. Wood wants to recapture a bit of that naivete of the Marvel comics from back in the day, so potentially we'll see guys like Jaxxon and Crimson Jack and Kiro and Dani and Rik Duel and others, but perhaps in different fashions & stories--like Ultimate Marvel. Sure, Spidey fights Doc Ock and Green Goblin and all, but Norman Osborn doesn't just go insane and put on a Halloween costume to become the Goblin. Cable isn't the son of Cyclops & Maddie, he's Wolverine sent back from a dark future. Nick Fury isn't a white super-agent from WWII, he's Sam Jackson. Stuff like that. It has potential. And while Lucasfilm may move forward with it as the new official continuity, we'll still have our EMPIRE/REBELLION & Zahn books, or our Marvel SW. Like other EU, we can choose to select our own canon, and ignore the pieces that don't fit or we don't like.

I'd like to see a Jaxxon too but, in all likelihood, those characters will never see the light of day---at least not in a mass retail comic pack. Hasbro's said it won't go back to Marvel and wishes to work more exclusively with Dark Horse on any such comic pack project. (Which, of course, means very little coming from Hasbro. :hmm: )

Woods and other Dark Horse reps suggested that the new SW comic will delve into the serious repercussions of the decisions and actions of the Big Three. If that's the case, the naivete is out the door. They've already discussed the whole "Leia is an X-Wing pilot...sometimes" issue and that Leia is grappling with anything but light-hearted issues. Now, I'm all for grittiness and real-world issues (which I suppose takes this group closer to ESB by way of whatever's going to happen in the comic). We'll see when this sucker finally gets published in January...

smithrm65
07-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I'd like to see a Jaxxon too but, in all likelihood, those characters will never see the light of day---at least not in a mass retail comic pack. Hasbro's said it won't go back to Marvel and wishes to work more exclusively with Dark Horse on any such comic pack project. (Which, of course, means very little coming from Hasbro. :hmm: )

Woods and other Dark Horse reps suggested that the new SW comic will delve into the serious repercussions of the decisions and actions of the Big Three. If that's the case, the naivete is out the door. They've already discussed the whole "Leia is an X-Wing pilot...sometimes" issue and that Leia is grappling with anything but light-hearted issues. Now, I'm all for grittiness and real-world issues (which I suppose takes this group closer to ESB by way of whatever's going to happen in the comic). We'll see when this sucker finally gets published in January...
If that is the case we are looking at current comics in the last year or upcoming comics. so main characters like carrick, Jennir, Holt etc.

darthsatan
07-18-2012, 12:33 PM
My Marvel reprints have all got the Dark Horse logo on them, so I'd guess they are still viable.

CaptainJack
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
My Marvel reprints have all got the Dark Horse logo on them, so I'd guess they are still viable.
Yes. They would be. I can't imagine that Marvel retains rights on any of the characters. LFL's pretty good about that stuff.

my_kind_of_scum
07-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Please please please... I desperately miss the comic packs. Dark times needs at least one pack... Oh man, I would be so happy if these returned.

JediMerc
07-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Yes. They would be. I can't imagine that Marvel retains rights on any of the characters. LFL's pretty good about that stuff.

Good points, Capt. Jack (and darthsatan)...let's hope this means a Jaxxon sometime. (Personally, I see Hasbro doing Jaxxon as an online exclusive similar to how they're tackling Jocasta Nu right now with BT...as long as Jocasta sells, that is.)

It was either DePriest or one of the other two guys that specifically addressed the fact that they would not be doing the funky Marvel color schemes any more. They were quoted on one of the SW community sites---can't remember if it was JediDefender, Galactic Hunter, or YodasNews---as saying they'd "learned their lesson" on those types of comic packs.

Personally, I'd really, really like to see these come back. I love to see new and different figures, even if they're outside the OT, and the comic packs were the perfect vehicle to get those kinds of characters out there. I loved to see new waves of CP's hit retail...and I very much hope they can figure out a way to do these again.

darthsatan
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
I liked that white X-Wing pilot.
Would've worked as a Hoth backgrounder.

BenShysa75
07-18-2012, 09:41 PM
after reading the recent Dawn of the Jedi comic series, I'd like a Xesh figure!

Anyway, I'd rather see this line return, instead of more of those kriffing Fighter Pods!

trandoshanhunter
07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
I really hope the comic packs return, since I'm still waiting on:
Bomo Greenbark and Dass Jennir set
Zayne Carrick and Marn Hierogryph set.

Blitzkriegtrench
07-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Despite what the naysayers say we O.G. O.T. Marvelaholics deserve to compleat the main players from that 1st 6 part story-arc:
C-3PO
Obi-Wan
Princess Leia
Plus:
"plainclothes" Han
"plainclothes" Luke

After these potential releases, the only other figures I would love to see are
Sergi-X Arrogantus and his stalwart crew including the indomitable Jaxxon in a multipack with a TPB of their entire saga annnd:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/MACHOne1971/LandoHarlock.jpg
Captain Lando Harlock-err Calrissian B)

Spencer?:>}

Scockery
07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Good points, Capt. Jack (and darthsatan)...let's hope this means a Jaxxon sometime. (Personally, I see Hasbro doing Jaxxon as an online exclusive similar to how they're tackling Jocasta Nu right now with BT...as long as Jocasta sells, that is.)

I doubt many will pay $25 for Jaxxon by himself.

It was either DePriest or one of the other two guys that specifically addressed the fact that they would not be doing the funky Marvel color schemes any more. They were quoted on one of the SW community sites---can't remember if it was JediDefender, Galactic Hunter, or YodasNews---as saying they'd "learned their lesson" on those types of comic packs.

For me it wasn't the funky colors, it was the molds used. I'd have gotten Tarkin and Stormtrooper if at least they'd used the VOTC stormtrooper (a better Tarkin would've been nice, but that was the most articulated Tarkin back then).

I still want a Marvel purple suited Bossk...but using the votc mold.

Comic packs were very hit and miss, too often had one good figure saddled with a bad one or two decent characters with subpar articulation. If these were to comeback at current prices, both figures would have to be really good.

Toonimator
07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
For me it was a mix of the Marvel colors AND molds used... the Commtech blue-n-white Stormie was crap. Luke & Han, not quite so bad as they had the VOTC-type Stormie body. Tarkin's color scheme would've been kinda fun on a better mold, but one didn't exist then. Utter wastes were Chewie (bad mold, and weak paint), Vader (great scene-specific late-POTF2 mold, but the blue highlights ruined it), and the Rebel Trooper (awful colors and that lousy POTJ mold). But Marvel R2? I like him a lot. The only weak part is the intense blue on the foot cables and the inside 'ankle' boxes; it's just sloppy & garish. As a predominantly white astromech with black trim, tho, he's pretty darn cool.

Krayt
07-19-2012, 01:23 PM
For me it was a mix of the Marvel colors AND molds used... the Commtech blue-n-white Stormie was crap. Luke & Han, not quite so bad as they had the VOTC-type Stormie body. Tarkin's color scheme would've been kinda fun on a better mold, but one didn't exist then. Utter wastes were Chewie (bad mold, and weak paint), Vader (great scene-specific late-POTF2 mold, but the blue highlights ruined it), and the Rebel Trooper (awful colors and that lousy POTJ mold). But Marvel R2? I like him a lot. The only weak part is the intense blue on the foot cables and the inside 'ankle' boxes; it's just sloppy & garish. As a predominantly white astromech with black trim, tho, he's pretty darn cool.

That's one thing that killed me. How many comic packs were there in total and yet how many characters did Toon just list coming from the Marvel packs that are movie characters. That isn't even counting Leia either... The packs that made line interesting were characters that we wouldn't see in the regular line (Darth Talon, Darth Krayt for example). However, even in the comic packs Hasbro wanted repeat of characters like the big 3 and Vader...

Wishing_Well
07-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Also if the CPs return, Hasbro better improve the quality of the figures, the articulation on a lot of them were very poor.

Choi
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
-To my memory, the later sets (at least the final and exclusive waves) were super-articulated. So hopefully they'll continue with that trend if they return.

grievous444
07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
after reading the recent Dawn of the Jedi comic series, I'd like a Xesh figure!

Anyway, I'd rather see this line return, instead of more of those kriffing Fighter Pods!

Argees 100%. There's no way Hasbro makes more money on those ****** lines they have created, than the comic packs. And instead of just make random comic packs, listen to the collectors what we want in them, so they will sell better.

darth_sidious
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
The comic packs were one of the greatest sub-lines ever offered - I'd welcome their return, but only if they come back in their full glory. If Hasbro plans to do repacks and repaints - I say stop while you're ahead, and dont clog the retail pegs. They tried to bring back sub-lines before, such as Unleashed, Titaniums, etc - but only gave us repacks and repaints. If you're going to do this Hasbro - go big - no more failures.

pohatu771
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Shadows of the Empire for me... Xizor was good, and Boussh Leia will happen again anyway, but Snoova, vested Luke, Imperial Guard Luke and Lando, Guri, and Dash are essential.

Luke would be pretty easy, anyway. Just put a new vest over the TVC Luke, give it a flesh-colored hand, and maybe a new head, if none of the ESB or ROTJ heads are good enough.

Toonimator
07-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Shadows of the Empire for me... Xizor was good, and Boussh Leia will happen again anyway, but Snoova, vested Luke, Imperial Guard Luke and Lando, Guri, and Dash are essential.

Luke would be pretty easy, anyway. Just put a new vest over the TVC Luke, give it a flesh-colored hand, and maybe a new head, if none of the ESB or ROTJ heads are good enough.
Vested Luke is one of those dangerous ones... easy to do and do WELL, but also easy to mess up royally (TLC's DS2 Luke rather than TVC's, for instance), and he needs to be paired with Dash or Guri, the two SOTE-only (mostly) characters. If he's paired with Snoova or Boushh Leia? He'll sit.

Looking thru the list of CPs, it's amazing how FEW there really were... and how few 'really good' packs there were. So many had junk figures (all the Marvel packs, pretty much; the only 'new' characters from Marvel were Tobbi and Fenn, and they were just repainted Fetts with new heads, packed with a purple Dengar and an ancient Leia).

wedgeswingman
07-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm glad they're ditching the Marvel comic ones, those figures were horrible. So many wasted slots, that's what killed the CP line to begin with.

Krayt
07-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I am sorry, but I don't want to see another Luke in a single comic pack. If you want to make that figure fine, throw in the BAD and call it the EU figure for that wave. You want to do comic packs then give us comic characters, Zayne, Dass... Give us characters that are only from the comics that we would basically not get any other way.

Do the line and do it right, otherwise don't tease us with the return and put out crap.

smithrm65
07-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I would like some legacy figures still, dark times jedi, and the new darth vader ghost prison looks good so far, invasion would be cool. Moderators maybe come up with a comic wish list poll

CaptainJack
07-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I think we have to look at this from Dark Horse's point of view too. I would think they'd like to have sets for series currently being published. Anything that might increase interest in the series. On the other hand, Hasbro needs significant lead time, and they seem fixated on "known" characters. As much as I'd like them to dig back into some older stuff, I don't know that it makes sense for either company.

Choi
07-20-2012, 10:51 AM
-While I can understand them wanting to promote the new comics, I have to wonder how many kids read the comics, because if they don't have any idea who the characters are in the first place, they'll just buy whatever looks the neatest to them, so it really wouldn't make a difference in sales.

Wishing_Well
07-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I agree this line should see EU characters only, no Film characters in EU uniforms, but its bound to happen.

CaptainJack
07-20-2012, 11:05 AM
-While I can understand them wanting to promote the new comics, I have to wonder how many kids read the comics, because if they don't have any idea who the characters are in the first place, they'll just buy whatever looks the neatest to them, so it really wouldn't make a difference in sales.
Right. But if they buy it because it looks cool, then read the comic and maybe buy a few more issues because they want to find out what happens next, then it is an effective marketing tool for Dark Horse.

DarthPaxis
07-20-2012, 11:07 AM
I think that if they do an entirely new look for the character, then film cast in the packs can be decent, I'd definitely say that the Luke Skywalker that came with Lumiya was fairly good. But something like Vader, which you really can't alter in a significant way, has no place in Comic Packs. In addition, I don't ever want to see a Clone in the line ever again, the main figure lines are already full of Clones, we don't need them clogging the EU line.

Choi
07-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Right. But if they buy it because it looks cool, then read the comic and maybe buy a few more issues because they want to find out what happens next, then it is an effective marketing tool for Dark Horse.
-Then, it would work. But still, I'm pretty sure Hasbro isn't about to abandon all of the popular charaters from the older comics. Hopefully they can find the right balance between new and old packs.

CaptainJack
07-20-2012, 12:48 PM
-Then, it would work. But still, I'm pretty sure Hasbro isn't about to abandon all of the popular charaters from the older comics. Hopefully they can find the right balance between new and old packs.
I guess it's the whole idea of "popular." Who is a popular character from an older comis (from Hasbro's point of view)? Luke, Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan? Sure. Jaxxon, Zayne, Nomi Sunrider? I don't know. This thread kind of proves that everyone has a different idea of what should be done with this line. The only point of agreement is that they whouldn't use out-dated sculpts.

Revanfan1
07-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Everyone knows I want Zayne, so aside from the Zayne/Gryph pack, my top packs would all be from Invasion.

Finn Galfridian/Grand Master Luke Skywalker (remold of deleted scene w/ new head) (Arc 1, Issue #1)
Jacen Solo (rerelease)/Anakin Solo (new mold) (Arc 1, Issue #2)
Jaina Solo (rerelease)/Kaye Galfridian (Arc 1, Issue #3)
Master Lar Le'ung/Yuuzhan Vong commander (remold) (Arc 1, Issue #4)

Finn Galfridian (combat suit, new body w/ reused head)/Jacen Solo (combat suit, new body w/ reused head) (Arc 2, Issue #1)
Jaina Solo (combat suit, new body w/ reused head)/Dulac (Yuuzhan Vong infiltrator, new mold) (Arc 2, Issue #2)
Kaye Galfridian (trooper suit, new body w/ reused head)/Arbeloa (Arc 2, Issue #3)

Masterfett
07-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I am sorry, but I don't want to see another Luke in a single comic pack. If you want to make that figure fine, throw in the BAD and call it the EU figure for that wave. You want to do comic packs then give us comic characters, Zayne, Dass... Give us characters that are only from the comics that we would basically not get any other way.

Do the line and do it right, otherwise don't tease us with the return and put out crap.
I agree, it's hard enough to get EU figures so don't waste a slot with film characters that would do fine in the basic line.

I honestly don't want to see any core characters in these.
While cankles leia had useful parts for customs, having her and Vader wasted a slot that could have gone to someone like Zayne, etc.

I realize they probably wanted the CP's to have a wider audience, and it was cheap to repaint existing figures.
But you can't gear everything towards kids IMO.

There are plenty of existing figures available that can bemade to look like a totally different character, with a simple repainted and new head sculpt.
Utilize that method if you need a cheap packmate for a brand new figure to keep costs down.

DarkArtist
07-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I feel if Hasbro was to bring back the Comic Packs line then they would need to NOT have so many carry forwards from previous waves.. that was the main problem with the later waves of comic packs as the Luke Stormtrooper / R2 and Han Stormtrooper / Drag Queen Chewie repacks clogging the pegs.

if they are to bring them back however I would love to see them finish off the original Marvel Comic Adaptions of SW, ESB and give us 4 from ROTJ.

I could see them give us perhaps:

SW Marvel #5 - Princess Leia and Generic Rebel Pilot
SW Marvel #6 - Generic Rebel Pilot and Imperial Pilot

ESB #1 - Luke Hoth and Han Hoth
ESB #2 - Hoth Leia and Generic Hoth Rebel
ESB #3 - Dagobah Training Luke and Yoda
ESB #4 - Han Solo Bespin / White Mustache Bespin Security Guard
ESB #6 - Luke Skywalker Bespin (Battle Damaged) and Darth Vader

ROTJ #1 - Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker and Palace Guard
ROTJ #2 - Generic Imperial Officer and Naval Commander
ROTJ #3 - Generic Ewok and Endor Princess Leia
ROTJ #4 - Emperor Palpatine with Throne and Royal Guard

Revanfan1
07-20-2012, 02:13 PM
I feel if Hasbro was to bring back the Comic Packs line then they would need to NOT have so many carry forwards from previous waves.. that was the main problem with the later waves of comic packs as the Luke Stormtrooper / R2 and Han Stormtrooper / Drag Queen Chewie repacks clogging the pegs.

if they are to bring them back however I would love to see them finish off the original Marvel Comic Adaptions of SW, ESB and give us 4 from ROTJ.

The Marvel figures sold the worst. NOT a good idea to keep going with them unless they're characters like Jaxxon.

wedgeswingman
07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
The Marvel figures sold the worst. NOT a good idea to keep going with them unless they're characters like Jaxxon.

Glad to see I'm not alone, although I think Jaxxon's going to be the new Jocasta Nu around here, collectors harping over it until finally Hasbro breaks and makes a limited exclusive.

CaptainJack
07-20-2012, 03:10 PM
The Marvel figures sold the worst.
Did they? I remember Xizor/Cankles Leia and Borsk/Wedge sitting like crazy, but, at least from my experience, the stupid Marvel-colored ones eventually sold. Even Purple Dengar, which may have been the stupidest figure in the history of the line.

Revanfan1
07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Did they? I remember Xizor/Cankles Leia and Borsk/Wedge sitting like crazy, but, at least from my experience, the stupid Marvel-colored ones eventually sold. Even Purple Dengar, which may have been the stupidest figure in the history of the line.

Okay, with the exception of Xizor/Leia, they sold the worst. I still have 2 of those sitting at 11.00 at my Walmart.

darthsatan
07-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Even Purple Dengar, which may have been the stupidest figure in the history of the line.

Nah, he gets pipped by red chrome Vader.

Krayt
07-20-2012, 05:37 PM

I am just curious what would classify someone as popular though. Exar Kun and certain characters like that I would say are popular, but most characters will vary from character to character as to who is popular.

As for DarkArtists lists of packs, personally I don't want to see any of them.. Those are for the regular line

DarthPaxis
07-21-2012, 01:50 AM
I am just curious what would classify someone as popular though. Exar Kun and certain characters like that I would say are popular, but most characters will vary from character to character as to who is popular.

As for DarkArtists lists of packs, personally I don't want to see any of them.. Those are for the regular line
Zayne to me sounds like the almost universal favorite, after that it differs a great deal. Hell, I don't collect Jedi but I would support him because I do feel he deserved a figure, being the hero of the KOTOR comics.

Wishing_Well
07-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Are you serious?

I think as long as its a jedi or sith with good articulation, it'll sell.

JediMerc
07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
As for DarkArtist's lists of packs, personally I don't want to see any of them.. Those are for the regular line

Agreed 100%. Not that I wouldn't like the figures, but they don't belong in a new line of comic packs---if Hasbro wants them to succeed, that is...

AnthonyP
07-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Comic packs were great. I'd definitely be up to seeing them make a return.

Choi
07-21-2012, 09:50 AM

-Basically, they would just have to go off of polls to choose which characters collecters want the most. They could also look at the formats of the best selling packs from the past line, as Wishing_Well said, Jedi and Sith packs seemed to do well, generally.

Yodaminch
07-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Just give me Invasion so I can get Anakin Solo/ Finn Galfridian

smithrm65
07-21-2012, 09:57 AM
The last couple jedi from the purge issues and dass jennir, kai hudora

Krayt
07-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Just give me Invasion so I can get Anakin Solo/ Finn Galfridian

That would be a good pack in my opinion. Honestly, after those two there wouldn't be a whole lot I would want from Invasion then myself personally... by the way, whatever happened to that series?

Krayt
07-21-2012, 10:51 AM

I would like those figures but the other Jedi from the Purge comic pack didn't sell well at all around here. Not sure how it sold in other spots but that hung around a long time.

Choi
07-21-2012, 11:08 AM
I would like those figures but the other Jedi from the Purge comic pack didn't sell well at all around here. Not sure how it sold in other spots but that hung around a long time.
-I only ever saw the Purge pack once at a Kmart. I think with a lot of the comic packs (and basic figures, for that matter), selling rates were rather spotty. There were a few that sold quickly most everywhere, and a few that pegwarmed most everywhere, but the others were rather inconsistent. So really, only Hasbro knows how those "spotty" sets sold.

Toonimator
07-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I think that was partly because they weren't great figures and they looked kinda odd together. Both lacked ankles, Bultar lacked knees & had a goofy headsculpt/expression. I think if they'd packed Bultar with Tsui Choi, and Koffi with another PURGE Jedi (the Nikto one would've been great to see) and had improved the sculpts & articulation, maybe they'd have done better. I bought the set, I WANTED to love it, but it was kinda weak. Not "Deena Shan & Admiral Luke" weak, but weak.

That would be a good pack in my opinion. Honestly, after those two there wouldn't be a whole lot I would want from Invasion then myself personally... by the way, whatever happened to that series?
I think Invasion, if it's still going on, is more like Knight Errant with a mini-series arc every now & then. The art style bugs me too much to get into it; Finn and Anakin would be great to see, tho, and it's a great excuse to re-release Jacen & Jaina.

LEGACY still has several I'd like to see (Emperor Roan Fel; Roan in his IK armor; Marasiah Fel in Deliah's borrowed clothes--just cuz the white gown's too briefly seen, and her as an IK is way too easy and unsatisfying; Jariah Syn, of course; coatless Cade with a new headsculpt; Azlyn Rae in both her yellow-saber bounty hunter gear and her enhanced IK 'life-support' armor; Darth Krayt Reborn; Morrigan Corde; Nyna Calixte; Morlish Veed; Cade's sister; Kol Skywalker; Nat Skywalker). One pack I'd enjoy seeing, despite being kinda 'cheap', would be K'Kruhk & R2-D2. I don't know offhand what they could do to make R2 unique, but it'd offer a nice balance for repacking a larger figure like K'Kruhk. The bonus would be K'Kruhk would have two headsculpts: his TLC head, of course, packed as an accessory, but the figure would sport the older, balding K'Kruhk. And maybe his Hat would be included, too.

They'd probably want to target current comics, but current comics don't have that much to offer so far. INVASION has potential, and KNIGHT ERRANT, but the Vader miniseries? Boba Fett is Dead? If those are tackled, they're BEGGING for Vader or Fett to be included. I don't know if Fett has different armor or anything in that comic, but Vader likely doesn't--so it seems a waste. KOTOR was current throughout the CP line, and they only did ONE pack from that series and an online exclusive only, at the very end of the line. So I think Hasbro covering older series isn't that big a deal, otherwise all we'd have seen the first time around was Republic, Dark Times, Empire, Legacy, Kotor, Rebellion, and Purge.

I wouldn't want to see DarkArtist's list, either, and have to believe his list is a joke. They're a complete waste of the line's potential, and incredibly likely to clog pegs if more than one or two at a time are included in a given CP wave. Finishing out Marvel's movie adaptations? All that means is movie figures, EXISTING figures, in different colors. That's it! Nothing new aside from a headsculpt here or there on trooper-types he mentioned, and they'd probably cost $20 for nothing really new. And the Emperor's Throne? Packed in with Palpatine & a guard & a comic? That'll never happen outside of some nutty exclusive as it'd require entirely unique packaging, much thicker than the average bubble.

Revanfan1
07-21-2012, 11:49 AM

I just said on the last page: rerelease Jacen and Jaina in one. :P

JediMerc
07-21-2012, 01:47 PM

It's still on-going, but more in the line of what they're doing with the Dark Times series: one 5-part arc every 4-5 months.

Finn and Anakin would be great to see, tho, and [Invasion is] a great excuse to re-release Jacen & Jaina.

LEGACY still has several I'd like to see (Emperor Roan Fel; Roan in his IK armor; Marasiah Fel in Deliah's borrowed clothes--just cuz the white gown's too briefly seen, and her as an IK is way too easy and unsatisfying; Jariah Syn, of course; coatless Cade with a new headsculpt; Azlyn Rae in both her yellow-saber bounty hunter gear and her enhanced IK 'life-support' armor; Darth Krayt Reborn; Morrigan Corde; Nyna Calixte; Morlish Veed; Cade's sister; Kol Skywalker; Nat Skywalker). One pack I'd enjoy seeing, despite being kinda 'cheap', would be K'Kruhk & R2-D2. I don't know offhand what they could do to make R2 unique, but it'd offer a nice balance for repacking a larger figure like K'Kruhk. The bonus would be K'Kruhk would have two headsculpts: his TLC head, of course, packed as an accessory, but the figure would sport the older, balding K'Kruhk. And maybe his Hat would be included, too.

Legacy is still a goldmine of interesting characters from which to pull potential figures from (Jariah Syn is very high on my personal list); even those who don't find Legacy interesting would still likely be interested in new characters, as long as they were done properly and with excellent articulation. Though there are fewer characters in the DT series, there are some very interesting options from that series as well (i.e. Dass Jennir, Bomo Greenbark, any of the aliens from the Uhemele, any of the creatures from the Blue Harvest story arc would be terrific choices).

Jedi/Sith packs would be popular---but they can't overdo them or reuse the same body sculpts in the same packs or too closely together...remember the Imp Knights CP? I feel that they'd need to include the smuggler-type figs and aliens more consistently to keep this well-rounded and consistently off the pegs (in the "good" way) to keep us in the mode of getting new figures.

Wishing_Well
07-21-2012, 01:48 PM
The thing is, most of the EU characters I want come from Novels, I really don't know how they could incorporate that into a two pack. I would love to see Tsavong Lah and Jaina Solo in a two pack but I don't know if they ever appeared in a comic together.

wedgeswingman
07-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Agreed whole heartedly Toonminator. As much as I'm sure they'd like to go with all-current series, right now it's a disaster waiting to happen. You know that they'll manage to cram Vader in there somehow. Don't forget that KOTOR is still running on mini-series now, as well as Dawn of the Jedi, and those are both exetremely popular, so they're is some hope.

Toonimator
07-21-2012, 02:45 PM
KOTOR's last mini-series offers up, at least, some KOTOR-game-style Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders. Plus Zayne Carrick in Mando armor. I wasn't crazy enough about the art to buy the series, but I flipped thru it--so it's got potential. I just would rather see Zayne's two major outfits from the KOTOR ongoing first (his Outlaw and his Independent Jedi outfits)

Legacy's definitely a gold-mine still (I was sad to see the IK sets sit for so long; they weren't exactly troop-builders, but they WERE the first CP set that really impressed me with great sculpts & articulation; only the cloth hood & the 'removable blade' deal kept that set from being perfect), and Dark Times could offer up a few great packs. Jennir & Bomo is the go-to, but Jennir (and his hat) and one of the Chagrians from Blue Harvest would be pretty great, too.

Wishing Well, Tsavong Lah appears in Invasion; doesn't look like he appears in any issues with Jaina, but they're both mentioned in one (that neither appear in). Hasbro can always fudge it.

QuiGonJohn
07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Why Not do us all a favour and update Revan and Malak with Full SA and better sculpts, in fact I'd be up for most things KOTOR or Legacy in these. Bring them back!!

Michael_Knight
07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Why Not do us all a favour and update Revan and Malak with Full SA and better sculpts, in fact I'd be up for most things KOTOR or Legacy in these. Bring them back!!

If Stan's rumor is true about a KOTOR battlepack I hope that's what they do.

Revanfan1
07-21-2012, 05:00 PM
The thing is, most of the EU characters I want come from Novels, I really don't know how they could incorporate that into a two pack. I would love to see Tsavong Lah and Jaina Solo in a two pack but I don't know if they ever appeared in a comic together.

Not "together" but they were in the same issue, I think, so...

Montross
07-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Loved the comic packs! I don't mind the main heroes showing up in comic packs, so long as they represent something other then what we would receive in the traditional movie lines. Two Luke Skywalker figures come immediately to mind: the black Rebel Commando outfit from Rebellion with Deena Shan, and the kit-bashed sleeveless two-lightsabers-weilding Luke with Lumiya from Marvel. I absolutely love having these in my collection. To be fair, there are poor examples, too: Leia from Shadows of the Empire (good likeness, poor choice of outfit and terrible design execution) and Luke in Imperial uniform from Empire (just lazy, really).

With the exception of the excellent Luke/Lumiya pack, everyone knows the Marvel packs suffered from poor selection and/or questionable comic color choices. Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa could have been much cooler with a few tweaks and realistic colors, and purple Dengar was... well, true to his comic appearance but very hard on the eyes (although I have to admit that I, too, would probably have dug Bossk in a purple jumpsuit. I know, I'm kind of a hypocrite!). But I am an old school Marvel fanboy at heart and would have jumped on any other offerings that weren't just move adaptation packs. Luke and Lando in their Stenos outfits? Yes, please! Rik Duel, Dani, and Chihdo? I'll take 'em! Jaxxon and Valance the Hunter? Don't mind if I do!

DarthPaxis
07-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Loved the comic packs! I don't mind the main heroes showing up in comic packs, so long as they represent something other then what we would receive in the traditional movie lines. Two Luke Skywalker figures come immediately to mind: the black Rebel Commando outfit from Rebellion with Deena Shan, and the kit-bashed sleeveless two-lightsabers-weilding Luke with Lumiya from Marvel. I absolutely love having these in my collection. To be fair, there are poor examples, too: Leia from Shadows of the Empire (good likeness, poor choice of outfit and terrible design execution) and Luke in Imperial uniform from Empire (just lazy, really).

With the exception of the excellent Luke/Lumiya pack, everyone knows the Marvel packs suffered from poor selection and/or questionable comic color choices. Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa could have been much cooler with a few tweaks and realistic colors, and purple Dengar was... well, true to his comic appearance but very hard on the eyes (although I have to admit that I, too, would probably have dug Bossk in a purple jumpsuit. I know, I'm kind of a hypocrite!). But I am an old school Marvel fanboy at heart and would have jumped on any other offerings that weren't just move adaptation packs. Luke and Lando in their Stenos outfits? Yes, please! Rik Duel, Dani, and Chihdo? I'll take 'em! Jaxxon and Valance the Hunter? Don't mind if I do!
Tobbi and Fenn really should have been packed together, there was no need for Leia and Dengar to be thrown into the mix. If they had done that I would bought it, since I love Mandos, but because I hated both figures they came with, I didn't. Exact same reason I didn't buy the Xizor pack even though I wanted him, just hated the Leia so much.

Rogue1969
07-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Lando as Captain Drebble would be classic. Baron and Domina Tagge, "Jabba the Hut" (Mosep). And Hoojibs. I want a whole freakin' battle pack of Hoojibs.

Personally, I'm just happy they made K-3PX. To me, that was the most well-executed droid from the comics.

Masterfett
07-22-2012, 04:29 PM
I'd definitely take those two!
As well as a few other Purge Jedi such as Roblio Dartι, and Jastus Farr.
Also would like some from Republic series like Kass Tod and Windo Nend.
I'd buy this unknown Mon Cal Jedi (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kerrshnek) next to Sarrissa Jeng too.

If Stan's KotOR Battle Pack rumor becomes true, I sure hope it's got something new in it.
T3-M4 for starters, along with Revan repack would be nice. Although at this stage I'd prefer a retool on him.

I'm sure it will consist of 90% repacks/repaints though, so my hopes of getting too much new stuff wont happen.
This could also have Bastila in it as well, along with HK and Nihilus etc.

But honestly I expect it to be TOR themed since that's the hot property now, but since repacks usually make up BP's this seems slim.
I really only want a couple figures from that game anyways.

Toonimator
07-22-2012, 05:09 PM
If they pack (or, better yet, redo his arms & head at least) HK-47 for the rumored KOTOR BP, I hope they give him a more interesting weapon than the concept-art shotgun thing he had in the BAD. He's better off with a proper rifle; the Jaster/Montross CP had a couple cool rifles in it, and Bom Vimdin has a pretty awesome rifle, too. Bom's pistol is McQuarrie Luke's, so it's not exactly unknown to mix up things a bit. I'd also hope for T3-M4, and a retooled Revan (retooled Malak would be cool, too). And a Sith Trooper, tho that's wishful thinking I'm sure :(

GAdmiralThrawn
07-22-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd love for them to bring these back. As someone posted earlier they were a great way to acquire EU figures. I'd like a comic pack of Zinji (spelling?) and Face Lorran; Pellaeon and Darth Caedus; Stent and a Vargaari;

Individual figures; a Noghri (Rhuk); a Ssi-Ruk; Bevel Lamilisk.

JediMerc
07-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I'd like a comic pack of... Pellaeon and Darth Caedus, a Vargaari [and] a Ssi-Ruk...

Yes, yes, yes, and yes! I'd love a Ssi-Ruk; most haven't heard of them, but they've been in two EU novels and in the Empire comic series.

Toonimator
07-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I'd love for them to bring these back. As someone posted earlier they were a great way to acquire EU figures. I'd like a comic pack of Zinji (spelling?) and Face Lorran; Pellaeon and Darth Caedus; Stent and a Vargaari;

Individual figures; a Noghri (Rhuk); a Ssi-Ruk; Bevel Lamilisk.
That all depends on whether those characters APPEARED in any comics. JediMerc says a Ssi-Ruuk appeared in SW: EMPIRE, but if so it's not listed or pictured in the species' Wookieepedia page (under Appearances or otherwise). Bevel Lemelisk only 'appeared' in "A Death Star Is Born", a funny story in SW TALES, but he was just a regular Imperial Officer, the only thing unique about him being the holoprojectors of the DS plans and his child's Yogi Bear cartoon.

Darth Caedus, Face Loran, Stent, the Vagaari, and Zsinj never appeared in comics. Rukh did, but his appearance varied wildly in the Thrawn Trilogy comics depending on the artist. Pellaeon varied a bit, too; I'd prefer him as Old Man Pellaeon, in Grand Admiral garb with the mustache lacking in most/all of his comic appearances (I don't recall if I always imagined he had a 'stache or if it was influenced by an illustration of him in the WEG Heir to the Empire RPG Sourcebook). But, however, Grand Admiral Pellaeon didn't exactly have much in the way of comic appearances (if any). If they made him a bit broader than, say, Needa, and decked him out in captain gear, I could go for that figure, 'stache or no.

Revanfan1
07-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Here's a pic of them both together, both in their uglier appearances through the comics.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100929051452/starwars/images/e/eb/Rukh_incapacitating_Gilad_Pellaeon.jpg

And here they are in radically different appearances:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110117230704/starwars/images/f/f0/Rukh_sneaking_up_on_Gilad_Pellaeon.jpg

Yodaminch
07-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Dump the Comic Pack name. Call them Star Wars Expanded Universe 2-packs. Then just release figures from anything EU: Comics,Games, Novels , even the tv series if you must.

If that's what it takes to finally get us some awesome characters from the novels, I'll take it!

Though Pellaeon at least just appeared in Crimson Empire 3 so I guess they could use that for him.

Krayt
07-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Toon, I am shocked... In your list of Legacy figures to do, you listed my number one want in all of Star Wars right now, Azlyn Rae in her bounty hunter armor with the yellow lightsaber. By far right now my favourite look of any character that doesn't have a figure. She is such a niche figure though, I think it would have been harder to get that figure than it would have Jocasta Nu.

As for Pallaeon, I think I know the visual reference you are referring to with the White Admiral uniform and the mustache. I believe he is a little more portly in that visual reference as well. I would love a Pallaeon figure but I do want him in Admiral Whites and not as a Captain when he was with Thrawn.

JediMerc
07-23-2012, 06:03 AM
That all depends on whether those characters APPEARED in any comics. JediMerc says a Ssi-Ruuk appeared in SW: EMPIRE, but if so it's not listed or pictured in the species' Wookieepedia page (under Appearances or otherwise). Bevel Lemelisk only 'appeared' in "A Death Star Is Born", a funny story in SW TALES, but he was just a regular Imperial Officer, the only thing unique about him being the holoprojectors of the DS plans and his child's Yogi Bear cartoon.

Point. I checked on the appearance of the Ssi-Ruuk in SW: Empire and they appear under the name of the Tiss'Sharl in the "The Price of Power" story arc. They are the same exact characters---even with the same name spellings, same references to mind-controlling technology, etc.---but, for some reason, the name "Tiss'Sharl" is used instead of Ssi-Ruuk.

Soooo....I guess they could put a Tiss'Sharl in a comic pack??? :grin:

DarkArtist
07-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm getting alot of flak for my list. don't get me wrong I would love to see Hasbro tackle all new comic source material in the packs more so then the OT figures. I just like to see the series that they started come to an end. I would love to see them make packs from Invasion, Dark Empire, Crimsion Empire, Old Republic etc....

and yes I would LOVE to see Hasbro finally bite the bullet and give us Jaxxon.

BandHcomics
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM
As long as we get a coatless Cade Skywalker and Syn I would be happy. and I need a freaking Nicco O'Karr from the Old Republic Trailer but not sure if he could in there.

Krayt
07-23-2012, 10:58 AM
DarkArtist, the reason you are getting some flak is because you are listing a lot of movie characters to take up a lot of comic packs. You have about two years or so worth of comic packs there with no new characters at all. The thing that got a lot of us interested in comic packs was that it gave us characters that are brand new figures and the only way we were EVER going to get them. Jarael, Imperial Knights, etc were not going to be put into the main line so this was the way we would get them. Variations of the figures you listed could possibly be put into the main line for a new variation of movie figures.

As for Nico, the comic pack isn't a form to get him as a figure because as far as I recall he never appeared in any of the TOR comics.

CaptainJack
07-23-2012, 11:10 AM
If I were in charge of this line, I'd load it up with Sith Lords and Mandalorians. Everyone seems to love those. Then mix in some main characters. Nothing too deep.

So... for the purposes of fun speculation (keeping in mind I have not read many of these):

Dawn of the Jedi: Xesh and Rakatan
Tales of the Jedi: Nomi Sunrider and Exar Kun (repack)
Tales of the Jedi: Freedon Nadd and Arca Jeth (or Ulic repack)
Knights of the Old Republic: Zayne and Lucien Draay
Knights of the Old Republic: Haazen and Marn Hierogryph
Knights of the Old Republic: Cassus Fett and Saul Karath
Knight Errant: Kerra Holt and Odion
Jedi vs. Sith: Lord Hoth and Lord Kaan
Dark Times: Dass Jenir and Bomo Greenbark
Shadows of the Empire: Dash and Guri
Shadows of the Empire: Luke and Boba Fett (because he has to get crammed in here somewhere)
Rogue Squadron: Tyco and Winter?
Crimson Empire: Mirith Sinn and Kenix Kil
Invasion: Jaina and Jacen
Invasion: Anakin Solo and Yuuzhan Vong
Legacy: Cade and Ghost Luke
Legacy: Roan Fel and Darth something or other (Maladi? Kruhl?)
Legacy: Darth Wyyrlok and Reborn Krayt
Legacy: Jariah Syn and Darth Stryfe

I'm sure there are better choices, but I think initially at least each set needs to have something that has a strong track record.

Toonimator
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Dump the Comic Pack name. Call them Star Wars Expanded Universe 2-packs. Then just release figures from anything EU: Comics,Games, Novels , even the tv series if you must.

If that's what it takes to finally get us some awesome characters from the novels, I'll take it!

Though Pellaeon at least just appeared in Crimson Empire 3 so I guess they could use that for him.
If Hasbro wasn't so hung-up on there needing to be a visual reference aspect included in the set (aside from the card/bubble art), I'd agree. Forget the comic pack-ins (not that it'd lower the price anyway), just trust in their artists and the visual reference that DOES exist in non-comic form (Essential Guides, RPG sourcebooks, even fan art if necessary--they didn't seem to mind using fan-art for Revan's mask, after all!) to get the perfect character. It would take work, of course, cuz there's a lot of BAD reference out there (the Mara's Jedi Funeral painting is full of oddities like Corran's tilted hairdo, Jacen looking all dark & goofy, etc).

Toon, I am shocked... In your list of Legacy figures to do, you listed my number one want in all of Star Wars right now, Azlyn Rae in her bounty hunter armor with the yellow lightsaber. By far right now my favourite look of any character that doesn't have a figure. She is such a niche figure though, I think it would have been harder to get that figure than it would have Jocasta Nu.

As for Pallaeon, I think I know the visual reference you are referring to with the White Admiral uniform and the mustache. I believe he is a little more portly in that visual reference as well. I would love a Pallaeon figure but I do want him in Admiral Whites and not as a Captain when he was with Thrawn.
I'd love both Captain AND G.A. 'Portly' Pellaeon, but G.A. first, so they can get at least ONE Grand Admiral 'right'. Their failure on Thrawn still galls me, using the absolute WRONG reference for a uniform that is so freaking SIMPLE: it's an Imperial Officer uniform that's WHITE. That's it! The only 'challenge' is making sure they paint the badge squares properly and whether they put the gold epaulets on or not. But they totally screwed it up by using the wrong ref and not going "Hey, Imp tunics DON'T have seams down the center, right?"

Azlyn's one of my top LEGACY wants, too. I thought they'd jump on her in the old CP line, but they didn't do half the things I THOUGHT they'd do, since they had to put in so many low-budget and 'main movie character' packs. I'd love to see Coatless Cade (or Nat, since he & Azlyn clashed before her ID was revealed--and at least Nat was ALWAYS depicted as a biker-dude, unlike Talon Karrde) packed with her in her BH armor (swappable head & helmet-head would be preferable to a removable helmet; but if there's no helmet, I won't mind much). It's a cool look, a yellow saber (can't have enough of those!), and did I mention a cool look? Certainly a better choice than her IK armor with life-support neck brace, or her thankfully-brief stint in silvery-black Lumiya-ish armor & mask.

Point. I checked on the appearance of the Ssi-Ruuk in SW: Empire and they appear under the name of the Tiss'Sharl in the "The Price of Power" story arc. They are the same exact characters---even with the same name spellings, same references to mind-controlling technology, etc.---but, for some reason, the name "Tiss'Sharl" is used instead of Ssi-Ruuk.

Soooo....I guess they could put a Tiss'Sharl in a comic pack??? :grin:
I just skimmed the Tiss'Shar Wookieepedia page and didn't see any reference to mind-control tech, or even the Ssi-Ruuk. They're SIMILAR, like Barabels are similar to Trandoshans (meaning, they're reptilian), but are entirely unrelated in the Star Wars Galaxy (different original homeworlds, different cultures, etc). They're not like Saurin & Trandoshans, with the same exact heads & slightly different bodies... they could put a Tiss'Shar in a Comic Pack, and you could pretend it's a Ssi-Ruuk, but it's really not the same at all. The names aren't as similar as you claim, either; Tiss'Sharl use apostrophes in the species, language, and homeworld name, but hyphens in individual names. Ssi-Ruuk use hyphens in the species & language name, but apostrophes (or, mostly, no punctuation at all) in individual names.

DarkArtist
07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
DarkArtist, the reason you are getting some flak is because you are listing a lot of movie characters to take up a lot of comic packs. You have about two years or so worth of comic packs there with no new characters at all. The thing that got a lot of us interested in comic packs was that it gave us characters that are brand new figures and the only way we were EVER going to get them. Jarael, Imperial Knights, etc were not going to be put into the main line so this was the way we would get them. Variations of the figures you listed could possibly be put into the main line for a new variation of movie figures.

As for Nico, the comic pack isn't a form to get him as a figure because as far as I recall he never appeared in any of the TOR comics.

i understand completely.. being a HUGE EU Supporter I would love to see the line be nothing but EU material for the masses to collect and enjoy. however we all know Hasbro's point of view is to keep the main characters in circulation in all the lines... ie Vintage, BAD, CW, MH comic packs etc... with that being said I wouldn't mind if Hasbro decided to release let's say a set of comic packs (perhaps a wave of 6 or so) that were a complete story from start to finish:

For instance Crimison Empire and Dark Empire were both a 6 issue comic series. they could make 6 different 2 packs with each new figures per pack as a wave. waves can be based on a quarterly thing where every 4 months a "New Series" of comic packs would debut and the older sets sent back to Hasbro.

Billy_Ray
07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok, If I read things correctly (sorry, I kind of skimmed the thread), Hasbro said that they wouldn't be doing the "Marvel funky colored characters". That doesn't necessarily rule out characters in the Marvel comics does it? I too would love to see Jaxxon (or any of the other Star Hoppers for that matter), Crimson Jack, or the bounty hunter Valance.

This would also be a great opportunity to give us a Splinter of the Mind's Eye Luke and Leia as Dark Horse did an adaptation of that.

CaptainJack
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
From what I can tell Hasbro never said anything to anyone. Everything is just speculation.

Choi
07-23-2012, 04:17 PM
From what I can tell Hasbro never said anything to anyone. Everything is just speculation.
-All I remember is that on one of the sites SDCC coverage, they were asked about possibly restarting comic packs. They answered that it was being discussed and said something about working with Dark Horse. I'm not sure where the Marvel quote came from.

Revanfan1
07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
If Hasbro wasn't so hung-up on there needing to be a visual reference aspect included in the set (aside from the card/bubble art), I'd agree. Forget the comic pack-ins (not that it'd lower the price anyway), just trust in their artists and the visual reference that DOES exist in non-comic form (Essential Guides, RPG sourcebooks, even fan art if necessary--they didn't seem to mind using fan-art for Revan's mask, after all!) to get the perfect character. It would take work, of course, cuz there's a lot of BAD reference out there (the Mara's Jedi Funeral painting is full of oddities like Corran's tilted hairdo, Jacen looking all dark & goofy, etc).

Azlyn's one of my top LEGACY wants, too. I thought they'd jump on her in the old CP line, but they didn't do half the things I THOUGHT they'd do, since they had to put in so many low-budget and 'main movie character' packs. I'd love to see Coatless Cade (or Nat, since he & Azlyn clashed before her ID was revealed--and at least Nat was ALWAYS depicted as a biker-dude, unlike Talon Karrde) packed with her in her BH armor (swappable head & helmet-head would be preferable to a removable helmet; but if there's no helmet, I won't mind much). It's a cool look, a yellow saber (can't have enough of those!), and did I mention a cool look? Certainly a better choice than her IK armor with life-support neck brace, or her thankfully-brief stint in silvery-black Lumiya-ish armor & mask.

I'm just curious - what do you mean Jacen looked dark and goofy? Doesn't he look the same as in this picture?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100104005629/starwars/images/e/e4/Caedus_EA.jpg

Anyway, I agree Azlyn's BH armor combined with yellow lightsaber was pretty cool, and I'd love to get her with coatless Cade. I've got no real use for Rawk, unless he came with his yellow lightsaber and was called "Nat Skywalker" instead of "Bantha Rawk." I also think ditching the comics and calling them EU packs would be a great way to go - we could get the likes of Jaden Korr or Zekk without them appearing in the comics.

Oh, and by the way, which appearance of Anakin Solo would you guys prefer?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060521195661/starwars/images/d/d1/ASbS.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120709233416/starwars/images/d/d8/Solo_kids_vs_Vong.jpg

DarthPaxis
07-23-2012, 05:43 PM
The main reason I could see them sticking with comics is it gives the uninitiated a chance to see where these characters come from without having to go and dig up and old book, video game, etc, especially one some of the less 'compelling' characters. Mandos, Sith and Jedi can sell easily on their own, but other characters might need more context...

Krayt
07-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Considering that they reveal that Bantha Rawk is Nat Skywalker, then hopefully Hasbro would use the name Nat Skywalker. Nothing like the Skywalker name to help kids to decide to buy a figure... His yellow lightsaber would be awesome too. So Nat and BH Azyln would be an amazing comic pack that I wouldn't be able to get quick enough. That would definitely be my new favourite comic pack. Unfortunately though, the need for the comic since Hasbro wants to give kids and whoever else the reference material from which the figure came means we won't see characters like Zekk or Jaden Korr...

As for which Anakin, of the two pictured I would go for the top one. Not too big on kid looking Anakin.

Null_11
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm just curious - what do you mean Jacen looked dark and goofy? Doesn't he look the same as in this picture?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100104005629/starwars/images/e/e4/Caedus_EA.jpg

Anyway, I agree Azlyn's BH armor combined with yellow lightsaber was pretty cool, and I'd love to get her with coatless Cade. I've got no real use for Rawk, unless he came with his yellow lightsaber and was called "Nat Skywalker" instead of "Bantha Rawk." I also think ditching the comics and calling them EU packs would be a great way to go - we could get the likes of Jaden Korr or Zekk without them appearing in the comics.

Oh, and by the way, which appearance of Anakin Solo would you guys prefer?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060521195661/starwars/images/d/d1/ASbS.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120709233416/starwars/images/d/d8/Solo_kids_vs_Vong.jpg

Top one is the one I prefer.

wedgeswingman
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Any bets they put Jaina in a flight suit?

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I hope if they make Dass Jennir, they go with this appearance - it's my favorite.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120722005922/starwars/images/a/a9/JennirSabreDrawn.jpg

Wishing_Well
07-24-2012, 10:31 AM
^^Arnold?

10char

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
^^Arnold?

Um...what?

JediMerc
07-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I think he meant that Dass looks like "Ahhhh-nold"...

Personally, I don't see it...

Toonimator
07-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I'd prefer the top Anakin Solo, too... the bottom one is too kiddie AND based on this New Essential Guide To Characters art (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110126201910/starwars/images/c/c5/AnakinSolo_negtc.jpg) where he's in PT-ish Jedi garb and appears to be about 12, not 14/15 as he'd be in early NJO.

My only problem with the top one is that he's basically in an orange jumpsuit (not unlike an X-wing suit) with a jacket over it. Boring. THAT, in turn, is based on the look Anakin & Tahiri sported in a bunch of Junior Jedi Knights books (or the covers, anyway--and on a few NJO covers in Japan, at least). The jacket look works, and fits what I recall of NJO, but make the clothes just a regular shirt & pants, not a garish orange suit that everyone identifies with either Rebel pilots or, particularly how they look on the JJK covers, real-world prisoners. Basically he should look kinda like a young Bespin Han, only with different colors for the clothes and no holster.

My problem with Jacen/Caedus from that Mara's Funeral painting (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/ed/JacenCaedus.jpg) is that it's basically just like the pic you linked, Revan, so Jacen sticks out like a sore thumb. "Hey, yo, Sith over here. You guys can't tell? Pathetic. I'ma crush all of you like I did my dear ol' Aunt Mara." The artist could've depicted in in a different manner, not so blatantly evil.

Dass Jennir has a few looks that'd make awesome figures... his "Legolas Jedi" look is really interesting & more ornate than most Jedi looks, his full-on military look when he sided with the Nosaurians and led 'em against the Imperial troops (right before Dark Times began) is kinda neat, if busy... I think he had a decent look or two when with the Uhumele crew... and then his Hat/bearded look from Blue Harvest. The short-hair/beardless look from the end of Blue Harvest there feels rather bland.

darthsatan
07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
What's with all the Orcs in that picture? :whistling:

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
My only problem with the top one is that he's basically in an orange jumpsuit (not unlike an X-wing suit) with a jacket over it. Boring. THAT, in turn, is based on the look Anakin & Tahiri sported in a bunch of Junior Jedi Knights books (or the covers, anyway--and on a few NJO covers in Japan, at least). The jacket look works, and fits what I recall of NJO, but make the clothes just a regular shirt & pants, not a garish orange suit that everyone identifies with either Rebel pilots or, particularly how they look on the JJK covers, real-world prisoners. Basically he should look kinda like a young Bespin Han, only with different colors for the clothes and no holster.

My problem with Jacen/Caedus from that Mara's Funeral painting (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/ed/JacenCaedus.jpg) is that it's basically just like the pic you linked, Revan, so Jacen sticks out like a sore thumb. "Hey, yo, Sith over here. You guys can't tell? Pathetic. I'ma crush all of you like I did my dear ol' Aunt Mara." The artist could've depicted in in a different manner, not so blatantly evil.

Dass Jennir has a few looks that'd make awesome figures... his "Legolas Jedi" look is really interesting & more ornate than most Jedi looks, his full-on military look when he sided with the Nosaurians and led 'em against the Imperial troops (right before Dark Times began) is kinda neat, if busy... I think he had a decent look or two when with the Uhumele crew... and then his Hat/bearded look from Blue Harvest. The short-hair/beardless look from the end of Blue Harvest there feels rather bland.

As to Anakin, in orange shirt and pants with jacket instead of X-wing flight suit with jacket, that's how Matthew Stover portrayed Anakin's ghost in Traitor. It said he was wearing traditional Corellian garb with brown trousers and a matching jacket. That's what most people base their customs off of - and how I imagined him. I hope that's how Hasbro makes him - but if it's a comic pack, he'll be young in Jedi robes, since that's how he appears in Invasion. I personally don't care - I like his Jedi robes look, since it's not plain tan, but brown and white. I agree he looks a little young, though.

As to Jacen, it's been a while but I believe the novel featuring the funeral said he was wearing his GAG uniform - but he didn't have his lightsaber to show he wasn't there as a Jedi, but a family member to Mara. I agree he shouldn't be so glower-y though.

And I think Dass' final outfit (the one you said was boring) looks a bit like Kyle Katarn's with a vibrosword sheath - maybe that's what I like about it. Though I definitely wouldn't mind his Legolas look. His bearded look is my least favorite, but it's still cool and I'd buy any Jennir they released.

Toonimator
07-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I think it's the 't-shirt' aspect of that look I didn't like on Dass. The lower half is his 'hat' outfit, he just took off his forearm-wraps & outer shirt & got himself a shave.

"Traditional Corellian attire" is fine for Anakin, I'd just prefer a different-color shirt to orange. Smacks too much of JJK and all that stuff. Make it blue, tan, green, gray, just about anything but white or orange.

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
You know, if Hasbro doesn't mind non-canon comics, they could give us Ben Skywalker with a Dark Jedi.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060912005840/starwars/images/2/24/BenSkywalker.JPG

You know, as long as the figure's hair was correctly colored red rather than blonde.

GAdmiralThrawn
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
They should just call them EU packs and create characters from the novels as well as the comics and games.

I'd be down for all the Imperials from the novels.

Toonimator
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
We know they don't mind non-canon comics, from the Infinities sets we had (which gave us one awesome but underarticulated Vader, one easy Vader repaint, and two lousy Leias) and the Visionaries SDCC Owen/Maul pack. BUT--I think that Tales story isn't the best source for Ben Skywalker. Unless Hasbro took a LOT of liberties, to give us a 17-year-old Ben, with a more interesting outfit than that apparent "Just like my namesake used to wear" outfit, and with more than just the Anakin/Luke blue saber (since, I think, Ben has his own, not just an heirloom).

Krayt
07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
I think a young Bespin Han is a great idea for Anakin. I don't want to see him in orange either, since yes to me that screams rebel pilot. I think tan or grey is very suiting for him. Who knows, maybe they could step up outside the box on him as well.

As for the picture of Jacen at Mara's funeral, I completely agree with Toon. It does make him look incredibly evil, kinda not what you picture him to look like at his aunts funeral even though he did kill her.

As for Dass Jennir, once again I agree with Toon. The final look to me is kinda bland (sorry Revan) but I don't see the Arnold comparison though. I think my favourite look for him is the Legolas look since that is how we are introduced to him. He does have a lot of different looks that could be really interesting to have. If it came to one specific look only, such as the one Revan posted, or not get him at all. I would take any look just to get him. I really want a figure of him.

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Unless Hasbro took a LOT of liberties, to give us a 17-year-old Ben, with a more interesting outfit than that apparent "Just like my namesake used to wear" outfit, and with more than just the Anakin/Luke blue saber (since, I think, Ben has his own, not just an heirloom).

Well to be fair, by the time of Fate of the Jedi, most of the Order - except those like Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn, ect. - had reverted back into traditional Jedi robes. Just look at pics like the funeral of Mara Jade or the conclave on Zonama Sekot. Ben was shown in plain Jedi robes in the Essential Atlas - even the covers of Backlash and Ascension had Ben in plain old Jedi robes.

And yes - Ben had his own lightsaber, but it's never been shown. Any pics with Ben in it, he's either been holding an AOTC Obi-Wan lookalike, an AOTC Anakin lookalike, or in one case, a ROTJ Luke Skywalker lookalike.

Krayt
07-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Well to be fair, by the time of Fate of the Jedi, most of the Order - except those like Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn, ect. - had reverted back into traditional Jedi robes. Just look at pics like the funeral of Mara Jade or the conclave on Zonama Sekot. Ben was shown in plain Jedi robes in the Essential Atlas - even the covers of Backlash and Ascension had Ben in plain old Jedi robes.

And yes - Ben had his own lightsaber, but it's never been shown. Any pics with Ben in it, he's either been holding an AOTC Obi-Wan lookalike, an AOTC Anakin lookalike, or in one case, a ROTJ Luke Skywalker lookalike.

Honestly, I wish they would get away from traditional Jedi robes. Too boring to me
Be more like Aayla and step outside the norm and be unique

trandoshanhunter
07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I like the Ben Skywalker Dark Jedi comic pack idea, but I still want an Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back set with old Vilmarh Grahrk or "Uncle Ville."

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3a/UncleVillie.jpg

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
I still want an Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back set with old Vilmarh Grahrk or "Uncle Ville."

With a nexu-scarred Bib Fortuna? ;)

I think they could make an Anakin Solo fairly easily, if you don't mind them reusing Yavin Luke's legs and torso. They'd need a new jacket, and, consequently, arms, and of course a new head, and probably a new belt with a better holster, but it could pass. And so help me, if he comes with a blue lightsaber (or worse! pink like Jaina's!) I'll scream. He had a dad-gum purple lightsaber! Not blue, not green, not pink! Purple!

Oh, and I think a Finn Galfridian would be pretty cool, too.

DarthPaxis
07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Honestly, I wish they would get away from traditional Jedi robes. Too boring to me
I highly agree, they've certainly done it before, just look at Rahm Kota, Lucien Draay, even Voolvif Monn had a different outfit than the rest of the Jedi.

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I highly agree, they've certainly done it before, just look at Rahm Kota, Lucien Draay, even Voolvif Monn had a different outfit than the rest of the Jedi.

I like the variant Jedi robes like Kol Skywalker wore.

Masterfett
07-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I just like to see the series that they started come to an end.
Honestly that hat could be said about anything they start, it seems like every subline/series they start it ends before the truly good stuff.

IMO the Evolutions line could have lasted longer, I thought there were several more packs still left to do.

DarthPaxis
07-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Honestly that hat could be said about anything they start, it seems like every subline/series they start it ends before the truly good stuff.

IMO the Evolutions line could have lasted longer, I thought there were several more packs still left to do.
The problem is they end up going with too many missteps so, in the end, when they don't sell, they have to shut the line down and blame us for not buying when they don't even give us what we really want. I am Padme evolutions? I saw that one do nothing but sit on shelves. Same could be said about the Comic Packs, too many bad character choices left the line sagging just before the likes of the Nihl, Jaster Mereel and Exar Kun packs made it out, resulting in the mass market demise and now Exar Kuns going for over three times the initial asking price.

Revanfan1
07-24-2012, 10:19 PM
The problem is they end up going with too many missteps so, in the end, when they don't sell, they have to shut the line down and blame us for not buying when they don't even give us what we really want. I am Padme evolutions? I saw that one do nothing but sit on shelves. Same could be said about the Comic Packs, too many bad character choices left the line sagging just before the likes of the Nihl, Jaster Mereel and Exar Kun packs made it out, resulting in the mass market demise and now Exar Kuns going for over three times the initial asking price.

If they'd released Kun, Nihl, Mereel, T'ra Saa, and Cade Skywalker - and other such characters that they made later - at the beginning, we wouldn't be having this discussion, because the comic pack line would still be going strong.

Yodaminch
07-25-2012, 12:34 AM
For Anakin, I'd like them to just make a new jedi buck period. They can then reuse it for other padawan customs (new Zet for instance). Alternatively, if the new Yavin Luke is slightly shorter than the bespin Luke they used for Jacen, that might be a good start. And agreed on the purple lightsaber. I'll be ticked if they followed Jedi Academy and stick him with Obi-Wan's saber.

As to Ben, he should be packed with Vestera Khai.

Krayt
07-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Ben and Vestera would be an awesome pack. I am down for that one for sure!!!!!
Well if Hasbro gets around to a new Zett figure, then they could reuse that and the padawan Anakin body to make all kinds of young Jedi which would be sweet too!!!!

Anakin has to have a purple lightsaber, it's a must as well

Deathbymonkeys
07-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Ben, anakin, vestara and new Cade and war krayt are my top 5 wants.

Trooper31
07-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Hasbro just needs to be careful with their choices. They need to find packs where they can put an identifiable character along with a collector's dream figure. On the other hand, it could be their approach that's the problem. They need to remember that even the hardcore film fans, may not know the comic characters, so they could just focus the comic packs in a way that they hit what fans want, but not try and make it too big so that it fails.

DarthPaxis
07-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Hasbro just needs to be careful with their choices. They need to find packs where they can put an identifiable character along with a collector's dream figure. On the other hand, it could be their approach that's the problem. They need to remember that even the hardcore film fans, may not know the comic characters, so they could just focus the comic packs in a way that they hit what fans want, but not try and make it too big so that it fails.
Actually, one of the problems from the original line seemed to be the comic packs with movie characters. Most of them tended to sit around for a long time, especially the Marvel packs and the Xizor one. The sole exception I saw, at least in my area, was the Lumiya pack, but that's because it did it right, they didn't just throw in a random old sculpt or something as back as the Shadows Leia, they gave us an all-new Luke that was amazing.

JediMerc
07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Ben and Vestera would be an awesome pack. I am down for that one for sure!!!!!
Well if Hasbro gets around to a new Zett figure, then they could reuse that and the padawan Anakin body to make all kinds of young Jedi which would be sweet too!!!!

Anakin has to have a purple lightsaber, it's a must as well

Let's hope they change the theme to "Expanded Universe" packs, though, because Ben and Vestara never appeared in any comic line yet. (The Lost Tribe comic series has already been canceled, though its events took place thousands of years before Vestara.)

To my knowledge, Ben hasn't shown up in ANY comic yet. Let's hope that changes as I love to see these two in action figure form as well...

smithrm65
07-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Let's hope they change the theme to "Expanded Universe" packs, though, because Ben and Vestara never appeared in any comic line yet. (The Lost Tribe comic series has already been canceled, though its events took place thousands of years before Vestara.)

To my knowledge, Ben hasn't shown up in ANY comic yet. Let's hope that changes as I love to see these two in action figure form as well...

I think figures from books/video games and even comic if they decide not to do the comic pack has a chance to be made in the legacy collection. thats how we got KKruhk and the first two solo kids. Hasbro knows kids just want to build droids so parents will buy the figures to complete the set. When vintage comes back they should include a concept figure of characters from the novels that have not been drawn up completely except maybe for cover art etc. I would like to see comic packs as my kids got into them too.
Crimson Empire III kir kanos and his girl
Dark Times Dass Jennir and bomo (they could even do a vader here)
Dark Times verpine jedi and a crew member
Kotor Zarrick and glith
Purge jastus farr and darte
Purge sha koon and vader
Republic hadora and padawan
knight errant kerra holt and damian
dawn of the jedi xesh and maris blood looka jedi
invasion anakin and vong
invasion finn and droid

Krayt
07-25-2012, 10:36 AM

Where are you finding this information about the Lost Tribe comic being cancelled?
On the Dark Horse Forums JJM posted yesterday about the collected Lost Tribe e-stories being out for sale in advance of the comic coming out. JJM as of yesterday is saying that the comic is coming out. Being the writer for the series I think he would know.

CaptainJack
07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Sith Lords sell. They do a dozen sets for Legacy with all those stupid Maul-tattoo aliens (reusing plently of tooling) and every one would sell.

Revanfan1
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
If they wanted to do Legacy Sith, they need to pack 'em either with a Jedi or Imperial Knight, or something. That would sell extremely well. Only a few Sith/Sith packs would sell well, IMO. The following would be ideal.

Darth Wyyrlok/Reborn Krayt
Darth Havok/Marasiah Fel (Imperial Knight)
Darth Maladi/Shado Vao (I really would like to see this pack - those two always seemed like arch-nemesis)
Darth Reave/Celeste Morne

TilltheEnd
07-25-2012, 11:47 AM

The Lost Tribe of the Sith comic isn't cancelled, we are just getting one arc.

Toonimator
07-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah; for a lot of those images, like the conclave or funeral, I chalk that up to the artist (or art director, or Lucasfilm) just taking the path of least resistance. "They're Jedi: they should be in Jedi robes." I'd rather see more Jedi robes done in styles that aren't just "PT". I know PT Jedi attire had variety, but MOSTLY we just saw the same exact style Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon sported in TPM in different color combinations. Even Anakin's was exactly the same, aside from the leathery tabard (which wasn't unique, either). I know I'd rather see Luke's order mostly sporting 'modern' clothing, but wearing the traditional hooded brown robe or cloak over it for formal occasions. A few Jedi like Corran could have more old-school attire (since Corran's main Jedi outfit was inherited from his dad or grandfather--but at least, when it was designed for artwork, it was based more on Ki-Adi's outfit than Obi-Wan's), and maybe Luke or Tionne wears some old-school stuff to honor the old traditions, but since Luke's making a lot of new traditions I prefer the idea of new traditional garb, too.

I think I'll try to turn a Yavin Luke into Anakin Solo one of these days... but maybe I'll wait until I see the new Yavin Luke. Anakin could use ankles :)

Revanfan1
07-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I think I'll try to turn a Yavin Luke into Anakin Solo one of these days... but maybe I'll wait until I see the new Yavin Luke. Anakin could use ankles :)

Last night I bought a Carnor Jax and Yavin Luke off Ebay for the sole purpose of customizing an Anakin Solo...but watch, as soon as I do, C6 will announce Anakin Solo is coming.

Krayt
07-25-2012, 12:19 PM
If they wanted to do Legacy Sith, they need to pack 'em either with a Jedi or Imperial Knight, or something. That would sell extremely well. Only a few Sith/Sith packs would sell well, IMO. The following would be ideal.

Darth Wyyrlok/Reborn Krayt
Darth Havok/Marasiah Fel (Imperial Knight)
Darth Maladi/Shado Vao (I really would like to see this pack - those two always seemed like arch-nemesis)
Darth Reave/Celeste Morne

Revan I am shocked at you...
Out of all those pairs you forget Darth Stryfe/Wolf Sazen

Deathbymonkeys
07-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Dont forget imperial knight roan fel. And someone else? Cade?

Krayt
07-25-2012, 01:31 PM
I was simply going by Revan matching up a Sith with a Jedi/IK/adversary
There are a tonne of characters to do from Legacy though. I could list a pile of names from the series to make figures of. Loved that series and would love to get figures of

Revanfan1
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM

I started to add them but my edit button didn't work. :P

GuyGoneWeird
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I would be very happy to see the return of comic packs, or any kind of EU pack! Considering not everyone likes EU figures it makes the most sense to keep them mostly separate from the main line, plus it gives EU fans lots of new figures faster.

I wonder if there's a way they could do packs for books - maybe some kind of comic-sized excerpt from a related book? Heck, if they threw together Cindel and Wilford Brimley figures with a pack-in of the Battle For Endor DVD, I'd even buy that!

Just as long as they generally stick with main characters. Some of the later comic packs had baffling choices with obscure figures, and yet we still don't have a Zayne Carrick or Jorruus C'Baoth figure...

JediMerc
07-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Where are you finding this information about the Lost Tribe comic being cancelled?
On the Dark Horse Forums JJM posted yesterday about the collected Lost Tribe e-stories being out for sale in advance of the comic coming out. JJM as of yesterday is saying that the comic is coming out. Being the writer for the series I think he would know.

Dude, don't be an a** about it. JJM is advertising the collected works of his e-stories in advance of the comic, but the comic IS ending after the current arc is finished. Randy Stradley announced this about a week ago on the DH forums: Dark Horse Message Boards • View topic - Star Wars Series Update Request (http://boards.darkhorse.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19481&p=260591&sid=167a8084ec791f746bff2fe15cd00c0a#p260591)

Krayt
07-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Dude, don't be an a** about it. JJM is advertising the collected works of his e-stories in advance of the comic, but the comic IS ending after the current arc is finished. Randy Stradley announced this about a week ago on the DH forums: Dark Horse Message Boards • View topic - Star Wars Series Update Request (http://boards.darkhorse.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19481&p=260591&sid=167a8084ec791f746bff2fe15cd00c0a#p260591)

Wasn't trying to be an *****...
Just simply stated that JJM didn't mention anything about the series being cancelled.

Masterfett
07-26-2012, 12:28 AM
If they'd released Kun, Nihl, Mereel, T'ra Saa, and Cade Skywalker - and other such characters that they made later - at the beginning, we wouldn't be having this discussion, because the comic pack line would still be going strong.
I actually wouldn't mind if they re-released some of those somehow, Kun, T'ra Saa, and Tholme Specifically since they were VHTF.

Deathbymonkeys
07-26-2012, 03:26 AM
I was simply going by Revan matching up a Sith with a Jedi/IK/adversary
There are a tonne of characters to do from Legacy though. I could list a pile of names from the series to make figures of. Loved that series and would love to get figures of

well Cade was his adversary and a sith for awhile. And one could argue fel went Dark side. :)

DarthPaxis
07-26-2012, 06:17 AM
I actually wouldn't mind if they re-released some of those somehow, Kun, T'ra Saa, and Tholme Specifically since they were VHTF.
Sadly Hasbro has something against re-releasing VHTF figures, just look how long collectors have been asking for Revan and Malak! I don't know what the big problem is, many of those characters are cool enough to appeal to even kids... and Hasbro doesn't get any benefit directly when a figure sells on ebay for over twice the retail price...

JediMerc
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Wasn't trying to be an *****...
Just simply stated that JJM didn't mention anything about the series being cancelled.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your earlier message; it really didn't sound like how you post...I likely just read it incorrectly.

Revanfan1
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I think we're all forgetting another series of comic packs they could do - they made three different TOR comic series!

Threat of Peace:

Orgus Din/Darth Angral
Fortris Gall/Darth Baras
Satele Shan (young)/Harron Tavus
Dar'Nala/Dalborra

Blood of the Empire:

Teneb Kel/Maggot
Jerbhen Hulis/Exal Kressh

Lost Suns:

Theron Shan/Teff'ith
Ngani Zho/Sith Knight
Satele Shan (Grand Master)/Darth Mekhis

And also, there's Knight Errant:

Kerra Holt/Daiman
Vannar Treece/Odion

And the old Jedi vs. Sith comics:

Darth Bane/Lord Kaan
Lord Hoth/Lord Farfalla
Githany/Darovit

Deathbymonkeys
07-26-2012, 05:44 PM
As I hate the old republic I was trying to forget. ;)

I think we're all forgetting another series of comic packs they could do - they made three different TOR comic series!

Threat of Peace:

Orgus Din/Darth Angral
Fortris Gall/Darth Baras
Satele Shan (young)/Harron Tavus
Dar'Nala/Dalborra

Blood of the Empire:

Teneb Kel/Maggot
Jerbhen Hulis/Exal Kressh

Lost Suns:

Theron Shan/Teff'ith
Ngani Zho/Sith Knight
Satele Shan (Grand Master)/Darth Mekhis

And also, there's Knight Errant:

Kerra Holt/Daiman
Vannar Treece/Odion

And the old Jedi vs. Sith comics:

Darth Bane/Lord Kaan
Lord Hoth/Lord Farfalla
Githany/Darovit

Revanfan1
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM
As I hate the old republic I was trying to forget. ;)

Dude. Play the game. The hate will go away.

Masterfett
07-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Sadly Hasbro has something against re-releasing VHTF figures, just look how long collectors have been asking for Revan and Malak! I don't know what the big problem is, many of those characters are cool enough to appeal to even kids... and Hasbro doesn't get any benefit directly when a figure sells on ebay for over twice the retail price...

Well for some reason they keep saying the need to find the right venue to get them beck out there.
Which IMO wouldn't be too hard since they've known Bastila Shan was coming for a while, not to mention the TOR waves!

So either they're idiots or they simply don't want to re-release those two, Revan specifically.

Revanfan1
07-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Okay, I think I've been relatively "cool" about Zayne for a while, so here goes:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/df/ZayneAndGryphHologram-DT11.jpg

Where's this set? (Sorry for the hologram - only pic I could find 'em in together.)

Also, from KOTOR we could get this:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/Karathmeetmandalore.jpg

Carth and Admiral Karath (or Carth and Mandalore!).

DarthPaxis
07-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Well for some reason they keep saying the need to find the right venue to get them beck out there.
Which IMO wouldn't be too hard since they've known Bastila Shan was coming for a while, not to mention the TOR waves!

So either they're idiots or they simply don't want to re-release those two, Revan specifically.
At this point I have no idea, though I highly think they're just stupid, hell the first two waves of Legacy show something is up... in any case, I cannot see any legitimate reason why Revan and Malak wouldn't have been great on Vintage Cardbacks. Heck, they gave us the Thrawn-era Spacetrooper in Saga Legends, why not two awesome Sith Lords? It's just completely mind-boggling...

Deathbymonkeys
07-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Dude. Play the game. The hate will go away.

It did. Now im on ANGER! :)

Deathbymonkeys
07-26-2012, 09:35 PM
I think the last wave of Vintage should have been all repacks:

Malak
Revan
Jania
Jacen
K'kruhk
Shaak Ti (TFU)
Chewie
Watto
R2-D2 (ANH)
Exar Kun
Hk-47
General Kota

Revanfan1
07-26-2012, 09:44 PM
It did. Now im on ANGER! :)

Why are you angry?

Deathbymonkeys
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Because all the hate led me there. It's a vicious cycle.

Revanfan1
07-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Because all the hate led me there. It's a vicious cycle.

Oh...um, okay. :P

DarthPaxis
07-26-2012, 10:54 PM

Malak
Revan
Jania
Jacen
K'kruhk
Shaak Ti (TFU)
Chewie
Watto
R2-D2 (ANH)
Exar Kun
Hk-47
General Kota
Yeah, all of those would have looked fantastic on Vintage cardbacks! I'd personally throw Bane, Nihilus, Rohlan Dyre, and Jaster Mereel to that list. In any case, I think we all can agree that Hasbro is sitting on huge potential there for repacks, even in the Saga Legends... but no, we just need apparently are expected to buy Sandtrooper after Sandtrooper and Clone after Clone.

Deathbymonkeys
07-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I would have bought 2 cases. But alas this is about comic packs...

DarthPaxis
07-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I would have bought 2 cases. But alas this is about comic packs...
Well there are a fair amount of comic packs that could use reissues, such as Exar Kun and Darth Nihl.

Revanfan1
07-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Well there are a fair amount of comic packs that could use reissues, such as Exar Kun and Darth Nihl.

You're right - and they could put the BAD HK-47 remold in with one of the KOTOR comics for HK-24.

DarthPaxis
07-26-2012, 11:29 PM
You're right - and they could put the BAD HK-47 remold in with one of the KOTOR comics for HK-24.

Yeah, probably could pair him with a kitbash Mandalore.

Trooper31
07-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Yeah, probably could pair him with a kitbash Mandalore.

This is the thing. If Hasbro could find ways to kitbash some figures, they could cut back on some expenses in this line. I realize that making a mold for a figure that will only see this one release, ist difficult for them and expensive.

One question, what would you be willing to pay for these comic packs if they came back? $15, $20, $25??

Price will be an important factor. If the price is too high, then for some it won't really matter what's in each pack.

Deathbymonkeys
07-27-2012, 04:10 AM
I don't mind $25 a comic pack. We're paying 11$ each with tax right now. Maybe a $22 price point. I just want articulation. If its the only version were gonna see it better be good. Like krayt not being able to old his sabers and no feet articulation is ridiculous on the emperor of the galaxy. He's a main villain over a 10 year period of time. But he can't hold the two sabers he uses a lot in the series.

Trooper31
07-27-2012, 06:28 AM
I think the $20-25 price point would be fine. I'd rather see $20, but I don't think they can do it for that price.

JediMerc
07-27-2012, 06:29 AM
$19.99 to $22 a pop would be reasonable. I think we'd set a dangerous precedent if we show we are willing to go higher than that because you know the bean counters as Hasbro will eventually argue "Hey, they're willing to pay $25 for 2 figs, let's see if we can get away with selling them repack after repack for $25...and that's when any proposed CP line will crash (again).

Trooper31
07-27-2012, 06:34 AM
That's a good point. Hasbro needs to realize that when they star getting up above $20 for a two-pack, they're going to sell fewer of the packs no matter how cool they are. We also have to consider the fact that if they do this again, then the chances of 2 new figure per pack are probably slim. They need to be careful and they'd almost have to put some kind of trooper or main character (that's desirable for fans) into each pack to make sure the packs would have a broader audience.

Once again, something important is kitbashing. If they can lower their development costs in that way, it could help them be a bit more adventurous with their choices.

Choi
07-27-2012, 07:08 AM
-But if they didn't "almost have" to do that last time, why would they now? Though if they do want to pack in a few clones, it would be nice to see Realistic Ganch/Tyzen Xebec, Realistic Cold Weather Wollfe/Major Ozzel, or Master Hudorra/Commander Keller(this time with the new sculpt)
--And, speaking of kitbashes, a lot of the all-new figures in a new line could have parts reused for other comic and main-line figures, such as Xebec and Ozzel.

Wishing_Well
07-27-2012, 07:50 AM
$19.99 to $22 a pop would be reasonable. I think we'd set a dangerous precedent if we show we are willing to go higher than that because you know the bean counters as Hasbro will eventually argue "Hey, they're willing to pay $25 for 2 figs, let's see if we can get away with selling them repack after repack for $25...and that's when any proposed CP line will crash (again).

Hell no!:mad:

Its always been, for any item that is in a two pack, it should cost less than buying two items separately. That's what makes it appealing, almost every business does this, from food to other items. They should retail for $16.99, that's more than 1 figure but cheaper than buying two separately.

Krayt
07-27-2012, 08:31 AM
I would understand if they came in around 20 dollars this time around. However, they have to realize that if they are coming back they can't skip out on articulation this time and they can't give us crap figures. That was the problem the last go around and it has to be addressed. Give us a lot of Mandalorians, Jedi and Sith and chances are things will go well. You can mix in other characters but include one of those three and chances are the sets will be fine this go around. I am fearful though that Hasbro will find ways to mess it up again though.

Choi, I really love your idea of realistic Ganch and Tyzen. That would definitely be high on my list.

smithrm65
07-27-2012, 08:45 AM
-But if they didn't "almost have" to do that last time, why would they now? Though if they do want to pack in a few clones, it would be nice to see Realistic Ganch/Tyzen Xebec, Realistic Cold Weather Wollfe/Major Ozzel, or Master Hudorra/Commander Keller(this time with the new sculpt)
--And, speaking of kitbashes, a lot of the all-new figures in a new line could have parts reused for other comic and main-line figures, such as Xebec and Ozzel.

With your idea they can redo the order 66 line, clone and jedi, personally wouldn't mind two packs of anything as long as they included a new jedi or a new sculpt jedi with any random figure

boff123
07-27-2012, 09:18 AM
to me, the comic packs evolved into fantastic buys. they are some of the best figures hasbro have come out with the star wars name on them. i understand the need to make han, luke, and vader for the younger fans but i am so sick of the same characters. i really hope they bring them back as my star wars collection has stopped big time.

DarthPaxis
07-27-2012, 10:48 AM
This is the thing. If Hasbro could find ways to kitbash some figures, they could cut back on some expenses in this line. I realize that making a mold for a figure that will only see this one release, ist difficult for them and expensive.

One question, what would you be willing to pay for these comic packs if they came back? $15, $20, $25??

Price will be an important factor. If the price is too high, then for some it won't really matter what's in each pack.
I all depends on the character assortment, me I would certainly be more than willing to buy a $20 KOTOR Mandalore/HK-24 comic pack, but the minute you throw in some random, repainted movie character and I will have to reconsider, no matter how cool the other character is. As I mention before, this is what prevented me from buying the Fenn Shysa, Tobbi Dala and Xizor when they were out.

JediMerc
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Hell no!:mad:

Its always been, for any item that is in a two pack, it should cost less than buying two items separately. That's what makes it appealing, almost every business does this, from food to other items. They should retail for $16.99, that's more than 1 figure but cheaper than buying two separately.

Oh, trust me: I agree that these are actually more desirable at 16.99-ish, but I don't think it's likely we're in that price range for figures anymore. I don't like it, but Hasbro isn't going to change its pricing strategy now. Hell, we're getting 3-pack action figure sets with at least 2 repacks (and some desperately needing updates = Tusken Raider) and they're chargIng us $24.99. I'm just saying I can stomach $19-$22 for a comic pack, assuming the figs are brand new, SA, and decently produced (paint apps, etc.).

Masterfett
07-28-2012, 01:58 PM

Malak
Revan
Jania
Jacen
K'kruhk
Shaak Ti (TFU)
Chewie
Watto
R2-D2 (ANH)
Exar Kun
Hk-47
General Kota
Why, it still wouldn't have made it to retail and then they'd have just blamed it on being the fault of EU!
Doesn't mean I wouldn't have bough them though, I'd definitely like another chance at Rahm Kota, and Revan!

Honestly I wouldn't mind paying $20 for two figures, since one is $10 anyways.
But they would have to be new sculpts, none of this reuse or articulation cutbacks.

I wouldn't mind reuse if it works like Mando armor etc. but I sure as heck don't want to see things like Bespin Luke used for Jacen type of crap.

I suppose it all depends on how they can cost out the line + comic & packaging, on how much they'd charge.
$16 just seems to cheap, even though in the past multi sets meant deal, it's a different time now.

Wishing_Well
07-28-2012, 02:34 PM
But its not right to pay $20 since each figure is $10 each, two packs should always cost less than buying two separately. That's the appeal of them. The old comic packs were like $12.99 right? That was when figures were $7-$8. that's why I expect the comic packs if they return to be around $16.99

Revanfan1
07-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Ooh! Ooh! What if they made a comic pack from the new Boba Fett is Dead series? I got the perfect pack!

Connor Freeman (Mandalorian armor)/Sintas Vel

Everyone says Mandalorians sell great, and Connor could just be a Boba and/or Jango remold with a new (younger) Fett headsculpt. And Sintas is Boba's ex-wife - who wouldn't buy her?

GKinCT
07-29-2012, 09:50 PM
I would love to see Comic Packs return. I'm always up for new EU figures, and the Ulic/Exar and Tholme packs really should be rereleased.

StarWarsMonsters
07-30-2012, 06:22 AM
I don't know who he is and I haven't read anything he's been in, but I've wanted a figure of Odan-Urr since I first saw his image, years ago. I've always thought he was a great alien, a very interesting-looking character.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090702072130/starwars/images/thumb/d/de/OdanUrr-totjgaots0.jpg/200px-OdanUrr-totjgaots0.jpg (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Odan-Urr)

mandalorehunter
07-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I was lucky enough to get the Exar Kun/Qel-Droma pack for a reasonable price when it came out but I missed the Master Tholme one.

Vice versa for me. I grabbed a Tholme one and passed on a darth krayt one because the paint job looked really bad. Should have got it anyway! Never saw an exar kun pack.

DarthPaxis
07-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Vice versa for me. I grabbed a Tholme one and passed on a darth krayt one because the paint job looked really bad. Should have got it anyway! Never saw an exar kun pack.
I never saw the last wave in stores, the last ones I saw were the Walmart wave and the wave with Krayt and Lumiya, both of which managed to grab.

Krayt
07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
When Hasbro made good comic packs they sold well....
So hopefully Hasbro learned and we can see great comic packs like Lumiya, Krayt, Exar... There are a tonne of figures that would make these packs excellent and not have to lean on movie figures to make it happen. I just hope they fix problems like Krayt's hands not being able to hold his second lightsaber. I really want this to happen but I don't want to get too disappointed when it doesn't

StarWarsMonsters, Odan-Urr has been one of my top wants for a long time now

Trooper31
08-03-2012, 06:33 AM
If Hasbro really deiced to do these again, I would suggest a couple of repacks like Ulic Qul Droma pack and then, they should find comics and match them with figures that are in high demand that they've made before, but have very little chance of ever being released again.

Also, I think they need to pick a few comic stories that could work well together, so that we could get a nice little bunch of figures from a specific story. By being able to get figures that interact with each other in the story, that could drive sales as well.

Toonimator
08-03-2012, 11:42 AM
If Hasbro really deiced to do these again, I would suggest a couple of repacks like Ulic Qul Droma pack and then, they should find comics and match them with figures that are in high demand that they've made before, but have very little chance of ever being released again.

Also, I think they need to pick a few comic stories that could work well together, so that we could get a nice little bunch of figures from a specific story. By being able to get figures that interact with each other in the story, that could drive sales as well.
They kinda did that with LEGACY, as Deliah Blue, Antares Draco, Ganner Krieg, Cade Skywalker, Darth Talon, Darth Nihl, and Darth Krayt all turned up & interacted in plenty of storyarcs. Sigel Dare was the only oddball among the LEGACY characters, as she wasn't around too often; her highlight was an early cover appearance drawn by Adam Hughes and she hardly made a peep for MANY issues after that.

Wishing_Well
08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't know who he is and I haven't read anything he's been in, but I've wanted a figure of Odan-Urr since I first saw his image, years ago. I've always thought he was a great alien, a very interesting-looking character.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090702072130/starwars/images/thumb/d/de/OdanUrr-totjgaots0.jpg/200px-OdanUrr-totjgaots0.jpg (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Odan-Urr)
I want Odan too but I don't know anything about him. I just really like his design.

Also anyone remember when Hasbro said we were getting a new Cade in vintage? So much for that....

trandoshanhunter
08-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I want Odan too but I don't know anything about him. I just really like his design.

Count me as the third person that wants Odan aswell but knows very little about him, despite my love of Old Republic EU.

DarthJefe
08-04-2012, 03:40 AM
I loved the Comic Packs, but if they're brought back they're gonna be at least $18 (that's about how much the Marvel ones are now). There is so much untapped potential.

ZX3
08-04-2012, 06:35 PM
The comic pack line had a number of problems over its run, but it seemed to really come into its own with the final wave, which was excellent.
I wonder how many people here who are clamoring for its return actually supported the line once the final wave became an online exclusive? It seems as though Entertainment Earth has been sitting on them for a long time.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a new variation that combines the TJ Maxx (formerly Walmart) DVD two pack idea with the comic pack one that could bring some more obscure, episode specific Clone Wars characters to plastic alongside the EU stuff.
Maybe an episode, a digital comic, an audio book chapter, or a video game level or two on a mini DVD or USB drive?

Wishing_Well
08-04-2012, 06:38 PM
They better not be priced at $24.99 like EE's.

Yodaminch
08-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I bought the case of comic packs from EE. To me it was worth it. Every figure had full articulation, appropriate accessories and excellent paint jobs. And the selections were all decent. If Hasbro were to do it again with another set of similar variety, I'd likely buy it. Something like:

Anakin Solo + Finn Galfridian
Sintas Vel + Connor Freeman
Zayne Carrick + Gryph
Dass Jennir + Bomo

I'd probably buy a case of all 4. If it were a bunch of Marvel repaints or original trilogy heavy? Probably not.

JediMerc
08-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I wonder how many people here who are clamoring for its return actually supported the line once the final wave became an online exclusive? It seems as though Entertainment Earth has been sitting on them for a long time.

It'd be interesting to find that out. When EE received the exclusive CP wave, they likely requested a certain number that they wanted to have (as well as Hasbro producing what it needed to to make a decent profit). Just because there are packs that are still available doesn't mean the CP's weren't successful however. EE might have asked for quite a few of them.

The Baron Fel/Isard pack is the only one they've had difficulty selling, evidenced by its lower price (13.99 instead of 17.99). Not surprising since its purely repacked bodies with somewhat subpar head sculpts. I bought a case of these packs along with doubles of the Mando and KoToR packs, so I've had a pretty good look at them...

JediMerc
08-05-2012, 07:04 AM
They better not be priced at $24.99 like EE's.

EE's priced theirs at 17.99 from the beginning, only dropping the price of the Fel/Isard pack to 13.99 along the way.

DarthPaxis
08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
They kinda did that with LEGACY, as Deliah Blue, Antares Draco, Ganner Krieg, Cade Skywalker, Darth Talon, Darth Nihl, and Darth Krayt all turned up & interacted in plenty of storyarcs. Sigel Dare was the only oddball among the LEGACY characters, as she wasn't around too often; her highlight was an early cover appearance drawn by Adam Hughes and she hardly made a peep for MANY issues after that.

Lucky for Sigel she was paired with the main bad guy, Krayt, so her packs didn't sit around.

Krayt
08-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Sigel Dare was always shown with Antares and Ganner going back to issue zero but she never had any lines in the series and really only had a couple of cameos in the actually issues. So for whatever reason Hasbro decided to make her, pairing her with Krayt was the only real choice they had. So as long as you have a really, really strong partner to pair up with Hasbro has to be careful which characters they put forward. There is a lot of strong characters though that could do extremely well though

grievous444
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
The reason for them making Sigel, was probably because they could re-use the body, just a new head.

Toonimator
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, they probably planned to reuse it for Marasiah Fel, which would've been lame... she's already got the same hair color as Sigel, aside from the white streak. Just a different hairdo and the face would probably be only slightly different. Boring. The borrowed clothes from "Broken" would be a lot more fun; the white gown from the first issue's too "Leia/Padme" derivative, IK's too cheap.

Deathbymonkeys
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Sigel was in a number of issues. She helped fight on Mon Cal and got the news out to Roan what was happening there as well as being involved in most of the large offensives after against Kryat. She had a lot of lines in the series. She had as much "screen" time as Azlyn. Or a number of the other minor characters. She probably had more actual panels then Maladi in the last half of the series.

Wishing_Well
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I never understood Hasbro's idea with the CPs, "Lets make packs with 1 cool character and 1 lame character."

Toonimator
08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Sigel wasn't exactly lame... she just wasn't used much, except in the Dac issues where she went to fetch back that grizzled old Imperial Knight, I think. And mostly she wasn't even in her IK gear there. As a figure, she was 'cool' (aside from Hasbro deciding to paint her COMPLETELY different from the original IKs and messing up the hilt design on her single-piece saber)... as a character she was just 'meh' as we didn't get to know her very well.

It's not always 'one cool character, one lame character' tho. More often than not it's 'one cool figure, one lame figure'. Borsk Fey'lya & Wedge Antilles, for instance: two cool characters, but the Wedge figure was utter garbage aside from a nifty not-really-Lawson-but-still-very-Wedge headsculpt. Borsk's figure could've been better articulation-wise, but was still really solid, very poseable, and had an awesome blaster. Xizor & Cankleia combined both, tho... one cool character/figure with one lame character/figure. In a perfect world, Guri would've been in that set instead of Leia, and would've been a much better figure than the crappily-articulated (and fat-ankled) Leia.

But there were some that, nitpicks aside, were BOTH cool characters & figures, especially many of the final (non-clone/trooper) packs. T'ra Saa & Tholme, Exar & Ulic, Jaster & Montross, Deliah & Nihl, even Lumiya & Luke. Luke had some problems (messed-up right hand, kitbashed body & legs from two already-awkward Luke figs), but was still a new unique look and a pretty good figure. All in all, THAT set worked a lot better for both figures than the Luke & Mara set; Luke & Mara were both all-new and both pretty crummy (and Luke was a crappy choice for a pack-in with Mara--if it'd been a SW:UNION set, with Jedi Master Luke and Jedi Knight Mara, that would've been great, but 'half-unzipped' Luke with a goofy altered helmet? Lame.

Yodaminch
08-07-2012, 12:12 AM
The rule should be when doing a comic pack, no using a movie character. Shadows should 100% have been Xizor and Guri. There were a number of packs where I could have done without: Han, Luke, Leia, Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan.

In the comic packs we received, we received the most of these guys: Anakin, Luke, Leia, Vader.

Luke: 7 packs
Vader: 5 packs
Anakin: 4 packs
Leia: 4 packs

Not only that, but we had 2 packs that were Vader and Leia together. And then Hasbro wonders why these packs suffered.

Trooper31
08-07-2012, 02:49 AM
To me, Vader is boring for these packs. EU Lukes and Hans would be interesting, like the Luke from the pack with what's her name, where he has the shortlightsaber and the regular one.

I understand that tooling costs are high, but certain figures in the basic line won't always be rapcked either.

Deathbymonkeys
08-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I would totally pick up old Han or Jedi leia or grand master Luke in comic packs. But I can't think of much else of those three outside the movies worth doing in comic packs. I don't remember any outstanding outfits Not done yet.

Trooper31
08-07-2012, 03:23 AM
I guess my point is that if Hasbro insists on the main characters to help these sell, then find some interesting costume from a comic, give us a new version of a main character and then some really cool other character from the comic instead of a whote Vader and Endor Leia with a new gun.

Krayt
08-07-2012, 07:41 AM
The rule should be when doing a comic pack, no using a movie character. Shadows should 100% have been Xizor and Guri. There were a number of packs where I could have done without: Han, Luke, Leia, Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan.

In the comic packs we received, we received the most of these guys: Anakin, Luke, Leia, Vader.

Luke: 7 packs
Vader: 5 packs
Anakin: 4 packs
Leia: 4 packs

Not only that, but we had 2 packs that were Vader and Leia together. And then Hasbro wonders why these packs suffered.

I will say I did want one pack with a Leia in it because it was Leia as a Jedi and that was something we had never before been offered. So I wanted to get that Leia so I could add her to my collection of Jedi. Plus, I do quite enjoy the mask they have on that version on Vader. You know I am not big on the movie figures in comic packs, but sometimes there are exceptions and to me, that pack was one of them.

homer_sapien
08-07-2012, 11:25 AM
It'd be interesting to find that out. When EE received the exclusive CP wave, they likely requested a certain number that they wanted to have (as well as Hasbro producing what it needed to to make a decent profit). Just because there are packs that are still available doesn't mean the CP's weren't successful however. EE might have asked for quite a few of them.

I didn't. I could barely bring myself to pay the normal retail price of a comic pack when I only wanted one of the two figures from it. No way I was going to do the same thing when I'd be paying a marked up online exclusive price plus getting shipping added on top of that.

Toonimator
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I will say I did want one pack with a Leia in it because it was Leia as a Jedi and that was something we had never before been offered. So I wanted to get that Leia so I could add her to my collection of Jedi. Plus, I do quite enjoy the mask they have on that version on Vader. You know I am not big on the movie figures in comic packs, but sometimes there are exceptions and to me, that pack was one of them.
Yeah, that was one of the big exceptions for me, too... I just wish the figures were better. The Vader LOOKED fantastic, but suffered from swivel shoulders and preposed legs. The removable 'battle-damage' pieces stuck out a bit, but NOWHERE near as much as TFU's Battle-Damaged Vader. It was a solid 'What if Vader had another suit?' kinda figure, Vader as he pictured himself in his mind.

Leia, tho... could've been very cool, but wound up stinking up the place due to awful proportions (super-tiny head, which made the hands look like giant man-hands), awful swivel-elbows, and a weak hilt-sculpt (trying to sculpt the D-ring that OT sabers used to hang from belts was a bad move).

VintijDroidGutzz
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I still have the Vader / Leia 'Infinities' CP - moc..

Revanfan1
08-07-2012, 05:19 PM
(trying to sculpt the D-ring that OT sabers used to hang from belts was a bad move).

It was kinda ugly, I guess...but I didn't think it was that bad...

Toonimator
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh, it was THAT bad (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TACcomic09leiahilt.jpg). It had a removable blade, yet instead of just sculpting a peg and a hole in the belt for it to attach to, they actually sculpted the D-ring the artist drew, at an angle, and made it solid so it wasn't immediately apparent that it was supposed to BE a D-ring. And she's so tiny! Look at that tiny head! Plop it on a Padme body, it looks like it got hit by some Beetlejuice head-shrinking stuff. Just another case of Hasbro making Leia very small, and her head even smaller. Medical Frigate Leia's about the only one recently that has a decent head size.

Krayt
08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
If Hasbro wants to make a decent Jedi Leia, I am not going to complain. I would like to replace the Jedi Leia I have

Yodaminch
08-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Rule #2:

If you're going to make a version of an OT character from EU work, make it a book!

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/cd/Leia_FOTJdppdf.jpg

http://www.outerrim.ru/data/pages/gallery/chris_trevas/new_jedi_order.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/0a/Crucible_novel.jpg

homer_sapien
08-07-2012, 11:15 PM
I still have the Vader / Leia 'Infinities' CP - moc..

I still haven't gotten around to opening my Thrawn CP.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Oh, it was THAT bad (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TACcomic09leiahilt.jpg). It had a removable blade, yet instead of just sculpting a peg and a hole in the belt for it to attach to, they actually sculpted the D-ring the artist drew, at an angle, and made it solid so it wasn't immediately apparent that it was supposed to BE a D-ring. And she's so tiny! Look at that tiny head! Plop it on a Padme body, it looks like it got hit by some Beetlejuice head-shrinking stuff. Just another case of Hasbro making Leia very small, and her head even smaller. Medical Frigate Leia's about the only one recently that has a decent head size.
Yeah, I thought that too.

That hilt looks more like a small wind instrument - like a silver clarinet, minus the bell at the front. :D

Toonimator
08-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Rule #2:

If you're going to make a version of an OT character from EU work, make it a book!
Agreed! That first pic of Leia's not bad... I like the idea of her having a white Jedi outfit. It evokes the white gown we're all familiar with, but more involved being a Jedi outfit based somewhat on PT robes. That's something we've not really seen from the films (not many Jedi wear white in the EU, either, that I recall--Lucien Draay's the most prominent I can think of).

2nd pic, it's not a very exciting Luke look, but it does make a lot of sense: an ROTJ-style shirt with Ben Kenobi-style robes over it. It's just dull because it's yet another sand-colored Jedi outfit, yet another nod to Obi-Wan. I hope Luke uses a (taller) Yoda-style cane/gimer-stick when he's finally old enough to require one. His clothes, his son's name, and his saber are all based on Ben; not much to commemorate Yoda, aside from his wisdom. Mostly I'd hoped Luke's Jedi outfit would continue to be based more on his ROTJ one, less on Ben or PT robes...and something other than beige. I still wouldn't mind a figure of this outfit. I wasn't crazy about the orange tabard on the NJO one (still need to repaint it).

3rd pic, well that's not final. Looks rough. Leia looks like she's got a hood hanging down ala her ANH outfit, which isn't so great--less ANH, more Jedi. Han looks especially rough, and it'd be nice to see him in a jacket again instead of vest with a different white-ish shirt (and the ANH long-scope blaster).

DarkArtist
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I'd love to see the following:

Shadows of the Empire: Luke Skywalker with yellow vest / Jix
Crimson Empire: Kenix Kell (Kir Kanos alter ego) / Mirth Sinn
Heir to the Empire: Leia Organa / Nogri
Dark Force Rising : Jorus C'Boath / Admiral Pelleon
The Last Command : Luuke Skywalker (clone) / Mara Jade
Dark Forces (Graphic novel) : Kyle Katarn / Jan Ors
Rebel Agent (Graphic novel) : Jerec / Saris
Rebel Agent (Graphic Novel) : Master Rahn / Morgan Katarn
Jedi Knight (Graphic novel) : Gorc & Pic / Maw